What makes the killer whale scene so iconic ?

what makes the killer whale scene so iconic ?

Attached: sonic-adventure-dx-4-1k.png (1000x626, 679K)

It’s out of no where, first level and first 3D iteration of “Green Hill Zone”. It’s almost like finding/fighting King Bob-bom for the first time.

You aren’t expecting it. They tried to do the same thing with the GUN truck in sa2 but it didn’t have the same charm

Because it makes you believe for an instant that the game may be good.

its not even that amazing, Sonic Team are just nostalgia whores and shill that scene all the time.

are you fucking retarded? The Truck segment is WAY more fun and frightening! When I was a kid the truck segment is what convinced me that Sonic was cool

I'm sorry you were born with poor taste

Nobody had done anything like it before. Nearly every level in Sonic Adventure had spectacle to it that really sold itself as well as the Dreamcast as a next-gen experience.

The colors and the tightness

Face it SA has maybe 2 or 3 good levels AS SONIC ONLY. Him and Gamma are the only saving grace of that game gameplay wise, the rest sucks dick.
>inb4 speed_highway.webm

>emerald coast, speed highway, windy valley, part 3 of Icecap, Tails’ own boarding level
>inb4 brainlet complaigns about Bigs story even though fishing is easy and takes 3 mins max to beat
Worst thing about SA is Amy’s story, it was only saved for the Gamma story which she should’ve been around for as a side character.

no ??? the Adventure saga + Heroes are the highest of Sonic kino
they are some of the best games of the 2000s, with some Rayman and Mario titles I guess

Typical bullshit 3d platformer controls. Sonic Adventure games were fucking garbage. I cannot understand anyone who thinks this shit and Mario 64 and other fucking 3d platformer games are good. It shows how brainwashed and dumb they are regarding gaming quality.

It wasn’t hard to control, given how fast even Knuckles can go and comparing controls to mario64 seems like a moot point. No game other than Mario 64 will be Mario 64.

me seeing it for the first time at a SEARS demo booth when i was 11

>and mario 64
you had me for a minute there

Attached: E06CAF91-83C2-41B0-A85D-4927EB86509A.png (420x304, 95K)

Or maybe you're just really bad at video games user

Funny thing is, SA1 came out in 1999 (1998 in Japan). Making it a game from the last millennium.
Time is fucking weird.

Killer-whales are 90s too. Shamu, Free Willy, etc. The 90s really had a lot of being out in the sun and enjoying summer vibe.

>But it didn't have the same charm
Literally retarded. Everyone remembers fondly of the GUN truck.

>tfw the frequency of killer whales in dreamcast era sonic games made you think hedgehogs were actually what killer whales ate in nature
the people who say sonic games make you retarded are right

Attached: 1566838431317.jpg (741x568, 73K)

>it didn’t have the same charm
Speak for yourself.
City Escape is one of the most memorable first levels in any game

wait is the G.U.N. truck in sa2b just a copy of this?