Has the shilling finally ended for Horseshit Shoveler 2018? Can we now admit RDR1 was better?

Has the shilling finally ended for Horseshit Shoveler 2018? Can we now admit RDR1 was better?

Attached: FE2F7223-D0F7-4425-8944-7A3671C8C3D7-726-0000013396DC3468.jpg (1080x1080, 208K)

Both were exact same zoomer shit.
Imagine unironically praising this sort of feces.

it wasn't
controls are clunky af plus free aim is even worse than rdr2
plus story isn't well paced
Dutch is barely mentioned before he shows up and you're like who the fuck is this guy I thought it was just about bill williamson oh nvm just the most important character

Red Dead Redemption 2 is better in almost every single way

Attached: do21ca4cnjh31.jpg (1920x1070, 177K)

Why did the make the police infinitely spawn and insta teleport behind you?

Nah its already and forever a legendary game

Attached: 1560800375412.jpg (882x863, 235K)

This shit makes me sad, lets fucking throw years of development and insane money on a "all you had to do was follow the damn train, CJ!" fucking game.
Meanwhile the only popular game whose gameplay revolve around genuine interaction with the program and creativity is fucking minecraft
Kill me, Pete

>zoomer shit.
way too slow for the adhd generation
red dead is 30yo boomer core

Red Dead Revolver and Gun is better than both.

or look for you for no reason at all
biggest gripe with the game, same as gta 5
if there are no witnessess you should get away with everything

I like both but I prefer RDR1 since the game feels more focused overall, probably due to its smaller scope. RDR2 feels like it was developed by two separate teams (one for the open world and your potential experiences in it and another for the more limited story missions) who combined what they made at the end of development, resulting in a game that feels like it's at odds with itself at times.

Also RDR2 should have just had a dedicated survival mode. The survival mechanics in-game feel like they were toned down to not be annoying to your average casual, but as a result their inclusion barely impacts gameplay, making you wonder why they even bothered.

Attached: 1540314082812.jpg (500x566, 189K)

>Has the shilling finally ended for Horseshit Shoveler 2018? Can we now admit RDR1 was better?

Attached: raaa.jpg (750x1000, 95K)

>rdr1 better
Pppffffffffhahahah no.

lmao imagine still being shit at gta5's cop system. They don't even start looking for you until cops arrive on the scene where you committed a crime, you really need to git gud.

The disconnect between open world and mission is much greater in RDR1 lol what are you talking about.

shooting at birds in a deserted area shouldn't trigger a search
no witnesses means cops shouldn't be aware a crime has been commited, means no magic 911 call out of nowhere

Reminder that this the fedora topping target audience for Rockstar's overcooked garbage

Attached: De.jpg (2220x1080, 503K)

lol cry harder retard. A single star is trivial to lose and you generally aren't allowed to go out into the wilderness and start hunting at random. Just because you don't see anybody doesn't mean nobody sees you

Cops in GTA 5 literally shoot at you for standing next to them. Fuck that piece of shit game.

There are no cops walking around the world outside of certain areas though wtf are you bitching about?

you didn't understand my point
i don't care how easy evading is, in some instances, there should be nothing to evade in the first place

no, you don't understand my point, read the rest of my post.

And one of the reasons it's so easy to get a star is because of how easy it is to lose that star.

Which makes it even more unrealistic and pathetic.

i understood your point, it's irrelevant to the shitty alert system in those games

Not really.

No, it's literally why the alert system is the way it is. Cry and call it shitty all you want, but that's not an argument.

>1½ year until pc port

Attached: 1417842731400.jpg (1002x960, 165K)

Is this the state of the gamer?

Take off your nostalgia googles fag

I had a lot of fun with the game but
>Everything is scripted for you to do it a very specific way and if you deviate the game bugs out or forces you to fail
>Can't go into New Austin and get 100% completion as Arthur
>Gameplay stuff is locked by story progression
>Every story mission is riding 15 minutes on a horse listening to exposition with maybe a gunfight in between that time
>None of the multiplayer content has been added to singleplayer, not even simple things like cosmetics that everyone wants because Rockstar can't force their premium currency on you with singleplayer support
The game is no better than a 7/10 and I definitely won't reinstall until that last issue is fixed.

Yes really. GTA IV had police patrolling the city which is the entire fucking point of having them in the game. They also didn't shoot at you for nothing in GTA IV. They were also less annoying in GTA IV. You have no clue what you're talking about and you sound like someone who probably wasted a thousand dollars on shark cards. You're an absolute moron.

>Gameplay stuff is locked by story progression
the rifles were the worst offenders of that, you got the cash, you see it's in the catalog but it's locked
that's bull

gamer

GTAIV is a different game and there aren't as many different ways to use the map to hide from shit like in V outside of running around backalleys.

I fail to see how they were less annoying in IV you're probably just bad

You're roleplaying as arthur so missions have to be somewhat linear, but you're right about the 15 minutes of horse riding between some missions, fuck that just teleport me.

Don'y worry I already agree with that statement.

GTAV has the easiest police system out of any GTA game. You can hit as many cars as you want, just steal shit in broad daylight, and plow into crowds and you probably won't get a star

Nah, I've always felt that RDR1's world was pretty empty and as a result offered no real encouragement to explore (I guess aside from finding articles of clothing) or meaningful interaction, resulting in the player spending most of their time in it just going to whatever their current/next objective is. This doesn't really conflict with mission design since they're usually basic "just do this"-style missions anyway.

RDR2 on the other hand heavily features "just do this"-style missions while at the same time encouraging the player to go out and roam around the world they created, which is filled with sandbox moments of allowing the player to interact with people and shit how they want.

This game was fucking shit. Such a slog to get through. Maybe I'm just older since RDR1 but it was night and fucking day. Also I think you walk 2x slower in 2.

I like how you've managed to turn a more vibrant open world into a negative, lul.

>You're roleplaying as arthur so missions have to be somewhat linear
But I can have Arthur do what ever I want to people out in the open world. Why couldn't the same have applied to general mission design? Probably because linear missions are easier to design and playtest.

stick to fortnite lmao

I'm talking even non-story missions though. I was appalled when I hogtied the Rhodes gunsmith during that encounter in his basement so I could take him to the sheriff, and then as I neared the building he literally disappeared off Arthur's shoulder. How in the fuck did Rockstar not account for things like that

The contrast between gameplay offered in the open world and gameplay offered in story missions is the negative, you monkey.

wow you've nitpicked one of the few times where the open world breaks, great job.

what contrast? They just made the out of mission gameplay more substantial in comparison to 1, hardly a negative. You're just as free to go from mission to mission in 2 as you were in 1

desu I prefered how open the mission structure in GTA:O was to the singleplayer, even if it was a grind to get anywhere moneywise. how's RDO?

You singled me out for that one?

what?

>They just made the out of mission gameplay more substantial in comparison to 1, hardly a negative
No, you dope. The out-of-mission gameplay is indeed more substantial, but they didn't bother to make the general mission design more substantial to better compliment the type of experience players have when running around the open world. That's the negative.

How about the time you're not allowed to let the bounty with a family go free so you can see his epic scripted escape attempt?
Or how the game does everything in its power to prevent you from saving the guy with the female bounty because he has no dialogue and nothing happens if you save him?

It happens a lot in RDR2 and it's not acceptable, sorry.

but they don't have to, it's a nice to have but not really a negative. Missions just keep on being setpieces and other things to do. Also the game does indeed introduce missions revolving around the crafting and hunting systems in the open world also, so I don't really know what you're complaining about

Tons of people shitting on the game, why only reply to me about fortnite?
Was that hard to understand?

yes, there are scripted moments like in every Rockstar game, that doesn't change the fact that by and large the open world exploration is filled with emergent experiences.

lol cry harder

Except Rockstar acknowledges player choice in one of those instances and doesn't follow through with it. If you walk away from the family in that one bounty mission they talk amongst themselves that maybe you're letting them go free, and then you fail the mission and are forced to reload. It's lazy. The story is railroaded, gameplay items are story locked, areas are progression locked, choices are linear. What part of the game is emergent?

The parts when you aren't playing the story missions, hurp

I gave you non-story examples and you've failed to give me any examples of "emergent experiences". Sure you get random encounters like that snake bitten NPC and then you can give them medicine or just shoot them in an exchange that lasts 30 seconds, and there are 3 repeating encounters like this. Wow it's so emergent

This, gameplay is beyond dull. I'd rather watch a Tarantino western than play through this trash

All of the shit that you stumble across in the open world is emergent. The random encounters are much more varied than just running across injured people. It's like shit like walking past valentine seeing bill get thrown out, then having the option to walk into the place and have words with the guy harassing him, knocking him out causing the sheriff to come up to you telling you to get out of town, all totally happening outside of the mission. The world is incredibly detailed and filled with stuff like that.

>but they don't have to
Why not? They should aim to create a consistent experience overall.

They largely do though, but, like any R* game, there's always some dissonance with what you can do outside of missions. And again how exactly is it inconsistent? Just because it's an open world game doesn't mean you can't also have linear missions on top of that.

Nah. Rdr2 improves on 1 in every way imaginable. Better story, gameplay, art direction, soundtrack, characters, voice acting, pacing, hunting..

This, but the exact opposite.

based retard

Can someone in this thread name a good game

Tetris

RDR2

runescape

RDR2

Breath of the Wild

An actual sandbox.

your mom

Red Tetris of the Wildscape Redemption 2

please, RDR2 has the exact same open world type missions as BOTW

I would buy this again on PC just to play at a decent resolution, framerate, and snappy mouse responsiveness.

Donkey Kong Country 2

BOTW doesn't lock gameplay progression behind story, isn't linear, and doesn't wall off areas of the map until post game.

>playing with a mouse

oof, casual detected

Retarded base.

>BOTW doesn't lock gameplay progression behind story
yes it does, you need to do the story dungeons to get the beast powers. And BOTW has no post game at all lmao. Nice cherrypicking though

RDR1 was better for the simple fact that it is not ashamed to be a video game unlike RDR2.

RDR2 isn't "ashamed to be a video game" lmao good lord.

>guns are locked behind Chapters
>None of your choices you make throughout the game matter at all
>you die in every ending
>writers expect me to enjoy playing as John when I already know what happens to him and after he was portrayed as incompetent buffoon for the entire prequel
>cheats disable saving
>no new game+
>have to grind out the motherfucking ass if you want the best outfit in the game before Arthur bites the big one
>no fucking replay value thanks to the aforementioned shit
>Lot of anachronistic, postmodern shit in a Western game
>gets a little preachy at certain points in the narrative
>Chapters 5 and 6 are abominations of God
>epilogue is literally Fallout 4 settlement tier
>CHEATS DISABLE SAVING, CAN'T HAVE FUN IN A POSTMODERN, SATIRICAL, CYNICAL WESTERN GAME

I didn't mind the missions. I loved the slow-paced gameplay, and the soundtrack (apart from the vocal ones) were fucking kino as fuck. The ambience is 1010. But fuck me with a rake if this game completely falls off the enjoyable cliff once you get to the epilogue. I probably won't be playing it again until the PC version (hopefully) comes out. Then maybe I can be arsed to actually the epilogue.

Attached: tenor.gif (480x202, 3.46M)

the real truth is that both were garbage "cinematic experiences." pic related is still the only actual game in the red dead series.

Attached: reddead.jpg (800x1150, 209K)

hurr

not an argument.

>>guns are locked behind Chapters
Just like RDR1.

But it is. Rockstar went out of their way to make sure the player has zero fucking fun in the game at all times. Case in point: CHEATS DISABLE SAVES

Bullshit from previous games don't excuse the bullshit in the more recent games. stop apologizing for shit game design.

Lol it's already being forgotten and is hardly even discussed anymore.

Meanwhile open world games that are actually legendary like BotW and Witcher 3 still get multiple threads daily.

I had tons of fun with it sounds like you need to stick with fortnite

>Witcher 3

lol. We just had a thread overnight with tons of discussion of this game

I've never even played Fortnite. Also, not an argument.

Attached: 1490566215000.jpg (490x333, 34K)

yeah and neither is saying the game sucks because you don't find it fun.

AND IN TONIGHT'S THRILLING NEWS: Anons on Yea Forums's video game board Yea Forums are STILL triggered and refuse to accept the fact a game not available on PC so they cannot play it is actually really good and they missed out.

>witcher 3
>not already forgotten
lol

Also, dude you are so desperate to shit on the game that you keep making the same rdr2 hate thread EVERY SINGLE DAY

I loved RDR2 but I did have problems with it, mostly in the story
>Story is really long in the tooth, I was just doing nothing but missions by the time chapter 6 came around
>Chapter 5, while fun, was almost entirely pointless to the overall story
>Javier, who was barely in the first game, was barely in this. The only real characterization we got out of him was that mission to find John in the mountains and maybe one or two camp things you can easily miss
>Micah was cartoonishly evil. Its especially bad when you put him next to an actually well written antagonist in the form of Dutch
>Sadie made outright stupid decisions throughout the game and never endured any consequences for them throughout the entirety of the story. She even walks off getting stabbed in the gut like its nothing which was weird
>The voice acting across the board was fantastic with the exception of Young Jack who was obviously voiced by a 30 year old woman.
>What the fuck happened to Karen?

Theres probably smaller issues with the story and characters I have but I can't think of them

Attached: 1542960253694.jpg (400x400, 24K)

>And BOTW has no post game at all lmao
that's literally better than locked content in an open world game

lol okay

>>Chapter 5, while fun, was almost entirely pointless to the overall story
wrong, what a stupid point.

RDR1 is great but jank as fuck. RDR2 is an improvement in nearly every regard.

Explain then

think about it

>Is unable to provide reasoning behind his statement
Amazing

im not doing your homework for you. Just because it was an unplanned detour in universe doesn't mean it added nothing to the story

System shock 2

Tropical island cowboy adventure was fun to play through but what did it add to the story that was important

Shit gets boring fast.

>guns are locked behind Chapters
What's even more disappointing is that the later weapons aren't even upgrades. I stuck with the pump-action shotgun and bolt action rifle the entire game.
>Chapters 5 and 6 are abominations of God
Genuinely curious, what didn't you like about them? That was around the point I actually sat down and played the game seriously instead of just playing 5-10 hours once every few weeks since I wanted to see what happened.

what are you talking about the end game shotgun's the best one

Which universe do you inhabit where W3 is forgotten? Dude, it's talked about and referenced daily by literally everyone.

maybe in jest

I had fun OP, and there's nothing you can do about it

Attached: 20190821_131948.jpg (4032x1960, 1.98M)