Why has PlayStation become the official console of "style over substance" games?

Why has PlayStation become the official console of "style over substance" games?

Attached: 1223.jpg (1500x1500, 433K)

Normies and casuals. That's why

pic not related? bet you didn't even play the game

HZD is Style Over Substance: The Game

You are right. This games doesn't even have style either.

pic unrelated. HZD is a great and very fun game.

You didn't play it.

HZD is one of the more substantial PS4 exclusives, though. It's like 90% gameplay, unlike crap like Uncharted which is 40% tops.

On extremely difficulty it's fucking brutal. Want rape my ass hole mode? Don't use the skill tree.

Whoops, typo.

>"style over substance"
literally a generic criticism with no substance that people say when they want to hate a game but can't come up with any concrete reasons.

That game is good. I have been playing it. i have been a weeb for years so I need to catch up on the western goodies and what do you know, they are all good

Horizon is pretty solid though
You’d be better off posting Uncharted or the Order 1886 those are actual movie games

uh, no. uncharted has cutscenes like every other game but there is plenty of gameplay.

the "gameplay" is either scripted to death or just a stock linear shooting gallery.

fucking dumbass meme kids. it's a journey. you have various weapons, you have melee attacks, and there is plenty of it. none of it is scripted you fucking moron. lol. headshotting everybody in the vicinity without getting pummeled on the harder modes takes real skill. and the cutscenes are way more interesting than any other game with cutscenes in them.

The game has substance, but it's not super unique. It's kind of standard "openworld" stuff with bandit camps, fetch quests and collection-crafting system a lot of games are doing. This one just happens to be a PS exclusive, but that doesn't mean it's more style over substance than multiplats or other exclusives.

Yes, we can agree that HZD had a LOT of "gameplay", that "gameplay" was just shit

No talent. Also, pretty trailers sell more than good games.

Definitely not played it.

>tasteless niggers in this thread defending that abomination of a video game
Yea Forums is just a bunch of black 16 year old anime fags

I thought it was pretty good actually. Solid RPG mechanics, good environmental interactions, rewarding monster design. There are some problems with the shallow stealth system and lame human combat, but I enjoyed most of the time I spent playing HZD.

Still mad, I see.

Attached: 1496847549765.png (705x328, 73K)

Exploration and fighting machines is fun and that makes up the vast majority of time spent
The only actually bad gameplay is combat vs humans and some Witcher 3 detective work

The game got a review boost because of feminist brownie points. The user review is high because of the game being over hyped in the media. The true rating is about a 6 or 7.

Kino game, just kinda sad when you start to see that they reused the body of some machines and used that retarded separation of "Ice & Fire" for some of them. It's the same thing, one spit ice and other fire, it can easily be put in the same slot.

DIE
DIE
DIE
DIE

Why won't she die?

Attached: mhib_1-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 121K)

>having a female protag is feminism and boosts your review score by 3 points!
you're retarded.

Still fuming

Attached: 717.jpg (324x291, 28K)

who cares about monster hunter anymore? they chopped it up and fed it to the normies

>Being a PlayStation gamer

Attached: 1501857170041.jpg (394x534, 61K)

>W-who cares

>muh feminist bonus

Attached: 6C15ECC3-C369-49C6-90C7-7CBC6C484779.png (1022x731, 643K)

being this butthurt over a VIDEO GAME

Attached: 1470747165458.jpg (184x184, 11K)

>being a poorfag

Attached: 497969_1140x516.jpg (1140x516, 40K)

I play many games.
hzd is unironically one of the better ubisoft style open world games.
It has 'for western devs' good combat, it has very interesting lore about how the world got fucked up and isn't even close to being as sjw as Yea Forums wants you to think it is.

If a sequel fixes the godawful facial animations and straight up adds a shitton of new robutts then it will undoubtedly be a hit.

consoles are for poorfags

This is probably the most 7/10 game I've ever played.

The DLC was better

Attached: The_Frozen_Wilds.jpg (1920x1080, 1.01M)

this

most reviews I read said it was a little worse and blander than the base game, what makes the DLC better?
t. just hit level 30

Yeah it feels like a good foundation for a much better sequel just like Spiderman and nuGOW

yeah, the 3ds era was rough. thankfully they've been bringing monhun back to the real fans with world.

is this a pasta?

those reviews are shit lmao, every single fan of the game agrees that TFW took everything that worked in the base game and only made it better and gave you more of it.
The characters are more interesting, the machines are a hell of a lot more fun, and the area is pretty damn beautiful if you like snow and trees. Plus they added powerful mods that let you max out a whole 4 slot weapon with up to two elements if you know what you're doing

The rail weapons. Nuff said.

They are pretty shit unless you have spent countless hours farming shit for them. They go through resources like fucking nuts and aren't really worth using them unless it's for fun on lower difficulties.
You're better off maxing out the Banuk bows

no, youre just retarded

>under 90
Pathetic.

>DON'T YOU FUCKIG MAKE FUN OF MY FUCKIGN MOVIE GAME IT'S BETTER THAN ANYTHING YOU PLAY

you're not making fun of anything. i am making fun of you because you are a retarded worthless meme kid who doesn't know shit about games. i play lots of games. what uncharted does is enjoyable and i love it.

Played through it with my dad. He likes flashy stuff.

Game is an absolute piece of shit. Depth of a puddle. None of the cuhrazy stuff from good action games, no interesting world from good adventure games, story is trash, world design is absolutely abysmal.

Some of the enemy designs are cool though.

Japanese games are style over substance

Most Japanese garbage is 4 hours of button mashing

Attached: 1556098875209.webm (900x506, 2.89M)

Attached: sitcomguy.png (573x489, 432K)

Attached: 1515075410818.png (1200x800, 688K)

Attached: bait.png (680x1147, 1.1M)

This along with God of War made me mad. Regret paying for them. Overrated piles of shit.

>Horizon
>Style over substance
Literally their one big western exclusive that isn't.

A game can have style and substance toddler, of course you won't understand though.

Attached: 1546049926252.webm (800x374, 1.98M)

79 without Sony bonus

>Order 1886
I'm still mad, how can you fuck up a game with a setting like that?

Ofcourse he didn't. This is Yea Forums nobody here plays videogames.

Horizon had a surprisingly weeb story. Loved it. Robot dinosaurs, rogue AI, killer nano swarm.

>Why has PlayStation become the official console of "style over substance" games?
But that's Nintendo. They almost entirely rely on game juice and visual style.
Just look at how well BotW was received despite being a very flawed game.

Attached: 1296918246891.jpg (546x548, 29K)

Aloy is ugly as a sin.

Probably because you're OP, thus you are a faggot.

>Dumb kids talking bad about my movie games!

Aloy looks like an average white woman. Either way it has nothing to do with feminism.

Killzone V when?

Killzone was trash, HZD is a little better at least.

I hate that stupid hairstyle they gave to her

She looked slightly better on the concept arts

fucking meming child. hope you get shot

Watch your mouth, kid. KZ is great.

Why are snoys so obsessed with particle effects?

He's fucking still fucking mocking me fuck!

Because it looks good Nintranny, don't pretend you know what good graphics look like.

Attached: 1546050993645.webm (760x356, 1.9M)

Exactly, style over substance. Case closed

That would be Nintendo's games.

Attached: 1567016522550.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

There's nowhere to go in the story after 3 and Shadowfall unless they decide to completely reboot it
No one liked Shadowfall and Horizon sold really well so we're not getting a new Killzone for a long time if ever

Cope snoy

Dilate Ninhermaphrodite

Attached: 1513509165374.webm (640x300, 2.86M)

>Normies and casuals.
They play on phones and tablets they don’t give a fuck about Pc or consoles

Sony buys the exclusivity to the "Marvel vs." titles

No they buy Nintendo consoles.

Woah! Particle effects and brown bloom!

I think there's some tessellation too!

Is that why FIFA/Madden/COD is so popular on switch....oh wait

>It's another "haha Yea Forums hates GAEMS but I'm not Yea Forums even though I never leave! XD"

>Toddlers thinking they understand terminology

Attached: 1489202596575.webm (800x374, 871K)

It's why Bing Bing Wahoo/Pokemon/Zelda is popular on the Switch and every other s oyboy owns one.

Nice particle effects

I appyreciate the compliment Nintranny.

Comfy exclusives vs generic yearly rehashed shooty sporty

>Sony bonus
>woke bonus
>pre-coping for BotW bonus
It's objectively a 43 on Metacritic

>exclusive is only popular on platform it is exclusive to
What point were you trying to make here?

Just wish the weapons werent so shit

Horizon Zero Awards
Horizon Zero attractive females
Horizon Zero triggered SJWs