Wind Wakerfags will defend this

Wind Wakerfags will defend this.

Attached: zora_evolution.png (700x268, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

livescience.com/65779-giant-freshwater-aquifer-east-coast.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PNK9q33Arw4
zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Fishman
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Or we’ll just roll with it while acknowledging it’s dumb because it has little impact on the game as a whole and Zelda lore is a retarded mess

Attached: ww.png (988x238, 158K)

They are fresh water fish, can't live in salt water. Also birds are cool. I honestly find the kokiri turning into actual trees more confusing.

Kek

The Wind Waker ocean is corrupted and dangerous, that's why people don't fish, there's only monsters in there and that's why the Zora got out.

The Goron's did not mutated unlike them but their numbers got severely crippled.

post the wind waker meme with courage and loli muriel

Attached: 1542624435966.png (750x750, 685K)

>that's why people don't fish, there's only monsters in there

Attached: wwfish.jpg (1024x576, 39K)

I miss the original design, would be nice if BotW2 had variants of each race somehow
To be honest it's probably more confusing that children of the Deku Tree resembled Hylian children to begin with

Attached: 1394007215815.png (573x534, 215K)

Yeah, and the guy actually tells you he's the only fish in the ocean. Also judging by his conversation with the King of Red Lions it's heavily implied he's another lost soul of old Hyrule.

You wouldn't eat a fish that talks, would you?

The ocean is like that because Ganondorf got mad at the gods and corrupted the water that drowned his land.

I'd pay a premium to eat a talking fish, especially a scamming little shit who eats all my bait.

>No fish.
>The only food staple on the great Sea are potions and pork since there is no room for actual farmland.
>Nobody thinks they can just fish the sharks and let the urine drain out under a rock, or even hunt the octorocks.

What do the pigs eat?

>he doesnt know monster flesh is poisonous
do you even fantasy

>Entire point of the Great Sea was to keep people out of Hyrule
Easily defended

>Sheikha lady in BoTW sell bokoblin guts in her grocery store

It's only good for potions, if you try and make food out of it it turns into a pixelated mess.

Ocean to keep people out of hyrule
But Zora could just swim there
So Gods said fuck that ur birds now get out of my ocean

>he doesn't stack dubious food

Attached: boy-everyone-is-stupid-except-me-43498320.png (500x376, 113K)

I'll defend what it gave us

Attached: 1560857174424.png (680x1040, 532K)

Zora women are better

There was a literal divine intervention, so it makes sense.

>They are fresh water fish, can't live in salt water
What about Majora's mask though?

Attached: 1491178263031.png (538x1107, 339K)

Just say "young" you absolute fucking black hole of chromosomes.

Attached: 1555784505748.jpg (1536x2048, 557K)

Medli is probably my favorite zelda girl, she is so cute.
Wish she had more fanart.

Attached: 9adafe9b6cdc90fe286da213309de8c9.jpg (900x1200, 189K)

With the addition of water comes a host of new life in which Zora will have to compete with for resources and terroritory

Then they said fuck it and fucked off to land

The Kokiri are forest spirits. Their appearance as human children was always just an illusion, likely because they were taking care of a human child and to have him fit in. The Korok was always their true form. Notice how the Kokiri don't really appear outside of Ocarina of Time at all, not even in Majora's Mask.

termina is a fever dream

Take your faggoty fanfiction somewhere else.

>caring about lore in a Zelda game
lol

Isn't the seawater in WW really shit, hence why there's no proper fish and only abominations?

>100 years since OOT

How about a race of fish people becoming a race of bird people in less than 3 generations?

This logic is retarded. Several types of fish can live in either salt or freshwater, and most fish can survive in either conditions for short periods.

Some fish species live as little as 3 years.

I thought that Lord Valoo personally turned them into birds.

Except ruti is ten when you meet her so clearly not the case with the Zora that and evolution like that takes millions of years

>and most fish can survive in either conditions for short periods.
That really isn't a good counterpoint.

I thought Zoras lived a long-ass time.

They retconned that shit in Breath of the Wild.

Just as stupid as people turning into monsters because of the twilight and the darkworld. In the end it's just to move the plot forward, you dumb shitposter.

Not really. BoTW doesn't exactly retcon anything .

What is there to defend? TWW is a bad Zelda, and the same for all the cartoon games it spawned.

so where does botw fit into the timeline?

I want to kill you

Authors of fictional work tend to not understand big timespans or numbers.
Technology barely changed over a 4,000 year timespan from KotOR to the original series.
Even better, FFX is canonically a prequel to FFVII by about 4,000 years too, with no history or recordings of the settlers on Gaia COMING FROM A DIFFERENT FUCKING PLANET.

Think of our own history and try to make sense of the above bullshit.

>WW states the Zora "evolved" to the Rito our of fear of the cursed waters of the Great Sea
>lol there's Zora AND Rito in BoTW now

Come on, user. It's obvious that Aonuma fucked up with the "evolution" crap, he just retconned it and fixed everything.

>Loli Muriel

Attached: kill yourself.jpg (960x660, 55K)

Zora are "supposedly" extinct in the same sense that the Gorons were supposedly extinct. The difference is that any Zora that didn't evolve with the rest of them have a lot more places to hide than the gorons.

Even if that were't the case, what's hard to believe about the Rito evolving back into zora considering they were half-assed birds to begin with?

Anyone remember Jabun and Greatfish Isle and how all the inhabitants of it disappeared?
It's my opinion that the Rito came from the Zora's but that the Zora's still existed in WW, until Ganondorf attacked Greatfish Island and Jabun fled to Outset.

It takes millions of years to even begin to mutate, and even then its gradual

Zora are a fresh water people.

Dumbass.

>Aonuma fucked up with the “flooding” crap. he just retconned it and fixed everything

I don’t see your point at all when Nintendo doesn’t even consider the story, let alone franchise, of a game until they’ve made some fun gameplay. They don’t give a shit about the lore and try to make cool settings and characters regardless of past and future implications.

The Gorons didn't go extinct though
They were the travelling merchants that you traded items you got from Windfall with

Somewhere between "Anywhere it wants" and "It doesn't".
They designed the game specifically to be separate enough from the rest of the timeline that it doesn't have to be tied to any of them.

>Bokoblin guts
They're near sapient what the fuck

>they don't give a shit about the lore

Hyrule Historia

>he didnt play the Oracles games

Yes, captain obvious. Thank you for directly spelling out the point that I was making.
No one except link actually knows that they're Gorons or that they're still alive.

You have to directly spell it out for the dummies in this thread user.

kill yourself you fucking faggot.

Literally written because even Nintendo was tired of reading retarded timeline theories
It was released a month after SS with SS in mind

Hiring some interns to half ass an overpriced book to sell to zealous fans doesn't indicate that Nintendo really cares about the Zelda lore. They care about the series, and, like I said, set up each game individually with it's own set of landscapes, story, and characters WITHOUT trying to connect it to the "greater Zelda picture." Yeah, there's connections, but you'd be out of your mind if you have the preconception that at Nintendo they all sit around trying to make new Zelda games that fit into the bigger picture, they couldn't give less of a fuck.

try me kid

This. It was a marketing ploy to set up SS as it was the "first every Zelda game in the timeline see where it all started!!!"
And for the first game in the Zelda timeline, we are given robots made by an ancient civilization. Yeah, Nintendo really has the lore as a top priority here.

Doesn't have a corrupted sea so they could actually evolve to live there.
Or something. I doubt Aonuma thought about it.

magic ayy lmao

BotW is in a different timeline you donut, if anything it's the Rito in BotW that make little sense.
They're probably straight up evolved birds.

Breath of the Wild is so far into the future none of the timelines matter.

what if only a fraction of the Zora evolved into the Rito, and the ones that remained behind hid until BotW.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

>didn't play the Oracles games
In Ages the Zora village is found at the bottom of a sea
Find me a freshwater sea

>SS is the first game in the timeline
>Sets up an EVEN older civilization that has Hylia and Demise and even Link's predecessor in it
Calling it now, they're going to make a game in the future setting up SS's prequel as the REAL origin story

Son unless Zelda goes full space-age sci-fi, that planet ain't unflooding anytime soon.
BotW is in a timeline, even if it's obscure as fuck about it. Which really is testament to how stupid the Zelda timelines are, and how Nintendo actually just wants to make cool adventures.

There was the manga prequel that was released alongside SS. From what I remember it was about the town before it became Skyloft and Link was some prisoner. Don't know if it's canon tho.
Also
>Calling it now, they're going to make a game in the future setting up SS's prequel as the REAL origin story
OoT was also marketed as the true origin of the series. But hey, they can just keep pushing that shit back now.

livescience.com/65779-giant-freshwater-aquifer-east-coast.html

Yeah, I can see that. They wanted to tell a new legend thats not entire chained to the Goddesses, the Triforce and the struggle of the heroes vs Ganondorf, and just write a simple story with an abstract evil force with no agenda attached to it. Just like the stories old.

>planet
nigguh not all fantasy stories take place on a spherical object.
Shit like Golden Sun was refreshing with the "world" just being a world that goes on an on until the land runs out and you're at the edge of the world.

WW is in a different timeline from Breath of the Wild
Zelda SPECIFICALLY mentions Skyward Sword, OOT, and TP in this memory. She could've mentioned the Hero of Wind or whatever they called WW Link but she didnt
It's a different timeline

youtube.com/watch?v=PNK9q33Arw4

Now watch the sequel make a bunch of asspulls to explain how Ganondorf went nuts.

>hiding underneath salt water ocean
so the Zora would still have to swim through salt water to get to it?

or, like a regular person, they don't try and fit the Zelda series into one retarded timeline

>world building off Easter Eggs and references for long time fans.

>Shit like Golden Sun was refreshing with the "world" just being a world that goes on an on until the land runs out and you're at the edge of the world.
so flat earth theory?

Sure, but unless they come out and say Hyrule is actually inside a halo or something, we should assume it's a planet.
Hell, you can't flood a flat world, the fucking water would just fall off.

OH BOY

Gods changed them to birds so they wouldn't be OP in new setting.

Maybe they've just been chilling down there since the dawn of time. All life comes from the sea, after all.

>references 3 games about specific Link-master sword wielding heros
>ignores one in between TP and OOT just because

Wind Waker isn't a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time, you dumb fucks. It references events vaguely resembling Ocarina's in its intro, but it's clearly the start of a separate story. Nintendo will slap a Seal of Quality onto anything -- it doesn't mean your contrived timeline fanfiction is true.

Attached: 1553285497713.jpg (707x536, 154K)

water was cursed so only a few fish could live there.

fish dont talk, talking fish equals monster or god. He aint a god.

GRUNNY

>start out in freshwater sea
>still have to swim THROUGH salt water just to get to the surface like the Zora are known to do
Or maybe Zoras can swim and breathe in both salt and freshwater because it's a fantasy game with fantasy fish people

i wish they had never tried to connect all the games on some broken as shit timeline. They should have just gone with the truth: every game is a reimagining of Zelda, Link, and Ganon's story.

Attached: 1547225354655.jpg (648x648, 40K)

>thinks it isnt connected
>calls other people autistic
>ignores the established canon.

>only fish in the ocean
It's him and his buddy fish
He never tells you he's the only fish
zelda.fandom.com/wiki/Fishman

It's even stated they're a whole race of fish

I thought the gods said fuck you no one goes near Hyrule and just changed the zora into ruto

Well, look, it's not impossible, since the Zora in Majora's swim in saltwater, but it would be pretty inconsistent.

I thought it was cause the ocean was super dangerous filled with big ass octorocks waiting around to fuck them up?

Blame the fans
They screeched for continuity, gave it to us by referencing other games in their games, gave birth to retarded fan theories, then decided to actually make a timeline to shut up the fan theories, and then used that timeline to market their origin story game.

>Rafa

Attached: Rafa the salty little bitch.png (590x251, 22K)

Yeah, there's other types of worlds too. Like the giant turtle from It.
Out of all the nonsensical shit in Zelda, you'd have an issue with water falling off their world? Not talking fish, or the fact that a town was raised and remained floating in the sky for generations? Shits magic and the mechanics of a fictional world should not be limited by the reality of our own.

>pretty inconsistent
Zelda is anything but consistent

He should make a new loli model

wait didn't the gods force them to become birds because if they didn't become birds they would have obviously ruled the entire world putting all the other races in danger

Attached: 52e.png (549x401, 300K)

Zelda Gods are bitches that think only their "Chosen People" should be alowed to rule over Hyrule and will go as far as destroying it to prevent anyone but "The People" from taking it. They put the effort into transforming the Zora to prevent them from swimming down and find it.
Princess Zelda is literally the Queen of the Jews.

Attached: 1497560110817.png (178x241, 32K)

Thats never stated but easy to imply
That Sakurai image sums up exactly how Nintendo feels about Zelda continuity

Jews dont put an Aryan royal family at the top of their hierarchy

Obviously they had too many pails of water.

Take a look at the Gerudos noses and try telling us theyre not the Jews

>Hyrule refereed to as the Land of the Gods several times throughout the series.
>Hylians get literal divine intervention whenever someone tries to take that land from them.
>This applies to even when they start shit
>Every other race left to eat shit when it hits the fan.
The Hylians are Jews.

Attached: yCnbB2m.png (1600x1600, 624K)

Termina Zora are Ocean

The Hylians just swapped the nose out for the pointy ears.

>Jewishness is passed from generation to generation through matrilineal succession
>Gerudo is an entire race of women who procreate with non Gerudo to create more Gerudo, whose one male heir seeks to usurp the throne through sneaky and underhanded methods until he gains control and throws Hyrule into darkness

Hyrules are European polytheistic Aryans who shared their ethnostate with other races and paid the price for it by letting the (((Gerudo))) exist in the desert

They're based on elves, and past OOT nobody has pointy ears and are regularly called humans

>Technology barely changed over a 4,000 year timespan from KotOR to the original series.
Tech in the Star wars universe is borderline magic, all droids and shit are scrapped together from pieces of old tech from an old old old race that died off millions of years ago, probably killed by their own AIs they created.

Termina is a literal made-up fairy land created by Skullkid. Once you beat them and leave, it stops existing. For some reason people try to explain it like "Oh, dude, it was all fake!" But, the truth is that everything that happened really happened, but it doesn't matter because Termina still ceases to exist.

>Hardlight weapons
>Matter deconstruction
>Universal currency
>Teleportation
>Perpetual motion machines
>Direct energy weapons

it is scifi retard

Hyrule Historia was a fucking mistake, my god.

Imagine a Mario history book where the book tries to explain what happened after Mario jumped through paintings and flew through the fucking galaxy or tried to tell you what happened if he died in one of the levels.

You can tell that this concept is so fucking lazily done because the concept of a timeline can easily be applied to any other game to milk out a story from it. Ah, character dies, we can write what the consequences of his death means. Villain wins. Hero wins, we can write what happens after, like an actual story.

Problem is, is that Nintendo clearly doesn’t give a shit about writing a compelling lore and consistently building upon Hyrule to be as strong as it can be, because of course, it’s being managed by Miyamoto who’s ethos is really about innovation and fun in his games before development of characters or a world with a meaningful, consistent lore. At least Aunouma actually gives a shit about keeping some form of consistency within the franchise lore, sadly he has to work with Miyamoto who only cares about stimulating short bursts of fun. I await for Aunouma to make his own IP so I can stop playing Zelda altogether and finally be invested in some characters that are actually carefully thought about with care. For fucks sake, even Splatoon has more depth and care placed in their characters than fucking Zelda. Link isn’t even a fucking character, only a vessel; a self-insert. He is literally an attempt to immerse the player in the world. Why should I give a fuck about Link? Though BOTW 2 might actually give us some more insight on him, hopefully.

Rant over.

Attached: 6EBCA9C3-8BFD-4DFB-921D-6F997C23169B.jpg (125x123, 2K)

And what if I told you Star Wars was indeed Fantasy, and not SciFi?

There's a difference between setting and genre.

im late but
>ocean is full of monsters now
>lets grow wings and gtfo

Attached: 1561667613471.jpg (750x696, 162K)

I wouldn't mind it if they straight up retconned the Rito evolution lore and said they evolved from loftwings from SS or some shit like that.

There games that clearly connect to eachother. Spirit Tracks completes the Wind Waker arc. The towns in Zelda 2 are named after sages. The starting area in BotW is the ruins of Ocarina's castle town.

Let people have fun connecting the dots.

>The towns in Zelda 2 are named after sages
The sages are named after the towns in Zelda 2
>The starting area in BotW is the ruins of Ocarina's castle town.
Nope. Stop trying to connect OOT with BOTW
You can find the ruins of Lon Lon Ranch fairly close to Hyrule Castle with the Lost Woods being in the north.
They do this shit just as a nod to the older games, but they are DEFINITELY not trying to tie them together

Let me guess, your personal headcanon got BTFO.

Attached: 1561606601019m.jpg (718x1024, 78K)

>clear reference to past events through forgotten ruins resembling past locations
"NAH ITS NOT! IT ISN'T I SWEAR! STOP ENJOYING THINGS"

What's so hard to understand

It's a lifeless sea, there are no fish other than the talking ones who put shit on your map. There's literally nothing for them to eat, so they turned into birb people so they could live on land permanently.

Are you ok? They're references I admitted that in my post. They're not remotely tied together though
The geography of Hyrule changes with every game, and they assign names to these locations based on past games as references.
Why do you shitpost when you're the idiot that made the absurd claim that towns from a 80s game were named after sages that werent even a thing till the late 90s?

>Authors of fictional work tend to not understand big timespans or numbers.
Of course they understand it you fucking moron, they just ignore it for story-telling purposes

im not him, you're just reaching and excusing cool continuity as reference despite it clearly being more than that.

the gods interfered with the ecosystem, whats not to get?

it is a reference though
Do you think we have half of the locations in BOTW for anything other than references? Do you think they named Tingel Island that for any reason other than Tingle? How about the Koholint Island? It's not continuity, its a fucking reference for people that actually played the older games to get nostalgic over. Only one reaching here is you

>The waters unhealthy and unlivable, so to survive, we adapted to the ground and eventually adapted to birds

Retarded but fair enough

>BOTW comes in and adds both species anyway

Then wouldn't it have been easier to adapt to the salt water rather than to evolve into fucking bird people?

Attached: 1559364487940.gif (501x335, 12K)

ZORAS CAN BREATHE IN SALT WATER
JESUS CHRIST GO PLAY ORACLE OF AGES RIGHT NOW!

Daily fucking reminder that the Gorons are THE best species whos appeared in the most games and haven't mutated into some retarded like like Tree's and birds

Attached: based.png (636x272, 293K)

That's a bullshit cop-out and you know it. When dealing with Star Wars, the fans and creators are aware of the importance of the lore and the history. This is why when that one bitch underwrote the specific amount of Clone Troopers several years ago in some shit book, people flipped the fuck out. By the numbers she gave, that came out to about 3 soldiers per planet for a military unit that was supposed to the the sword of the republic order. The author clearly wasn't aware of the scale.

You're argument of "durrr of course the author knows all this stuff and chooses to ignore it for story-telling purposes" is reasonable. However, that concept can be extrapolated into anything involving telling a story. But most importantly, you don't ignore numbers or timespans when dealing with a highly involved fictional world that breathes life and consistence.

>world gets flooded with water and basically inhabitable for your race
>survive anyway by trading flowers and flags to green fairy boy
Absolutely based

Termina is literally Koholint 2.0

>the Kokiri are forest spirits. Their appearance as human children was always just an illusion, likely because they were taking care of a human child and to have him fit in. The Korok was always their true form
>this explains the ingame limitations of draw distance making Kokiri children disappear when you go away

DEEPEST LORE

Attached: 1557240954706.gif (324x215, 852K)

And these fuckers have been around since the very very beginning with SS. Not even Ganon genociding them in a volcano could stop them.

My favorite example is Warcraft where there are characters who literally 10000+ years old, yet they wear and use the same things from 10000 years ago and are just as stupid, if not more so, than 20 year old characters.

Same user from earlier that brought up fictional worlds not always being spherical.
I remember the slight fan outcry when the Azeroth globe was found in that one WotLK dungeon/raid. It's that idea that once you put the fictional geography on a globe, there is now a limit. Whereas when given say, something like Middle-Earth, other regions are explored/talked about, but as far as the reader knows that land keeps going and going and going full of mystery, stories, and adventure. Now Blizzard has to keep retconning/updating that globe with all the new continents they're making up that weren't previously on the globe, because they weren't conceived yet and there's no story reason why a space-faring race wouldn't be able to correctly map out the geography of a planet.
>just as stupid, if not more so, than 20 year old characters.
that shit always breaks my immersion when it involves vampires or the like.

But- even after Link leaves in OoT they remain looking like children.

Not defending WW, just popping in to say evolution doesn't necessarily take millions of years to occur and can actually take a few generations. Read up on the fish of the Congo River. That said, those evolutions were nowhere near as extreme as a fish turning into a bird but it's magic so why care