For me, it's the Halo: CE Marine

For me, it's the Halo: CE Marine.

Attached: Classic Armor.jpg (1080x1920, 207K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GSgGBrrgvek
youtube.com/watch?v=-0gPb6PUUUA
twitter.com/VienQuitonm
drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bBU5vA0J187XOne_s_Ll-ezCNua-0QAG
youtu.be/q-RMEYMu82Y
halopedia.org/Keepers_of_the_One_Freedom
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Too bad CEA ruined such a nice aesthetic. Even the Elites were butchered.

Attached: .png (2713x2602, 3.31M)

What are you talking abo-

Attached: Switch 5.webm (852x478, 2.59M)

It was trying to bring them more in line with the Halo Reach marines, but yeah, not a fan.

Attached: evolution 2.png (776x420, 328K)

I really like the Halo 3 version.

based gay halo elite poster
no matter the thread or the time, you always find your way here, gj on your dedication to your alien husbando

>page 10

Attached: Capture.png (861x437, 162K)

How did they fuck it up so badly?

Is everyone in nuHalo igonoring the fact that The Flood were an Extergalatic threat, and that if they can pop in from outside the galyxy one to fuck up everyone else's shit, something else can as well?
I know humanity is trying to build back up to assert dominance over the galyxy, but honestly, I'd be setting up a NATO-tier military alliance asap to try to have some unilateral military response to internal flood outbreaks or external threats.

Attached: 1373128012743.jpg (1604x1268, 1.3M)

Thanks user. Here's a WIP.

Attached: IMG_20190829_112938.jpg (2048x1152, 303K)

oh fuck, that brings back memories

That's not an accurate map. Human and covie stuff is only in the Orion arm.

Attached: Xk6rl3R.png (1221x2160, 1.09M)

I want a Covie campaign reeeeeee

Attached: Arbiter-Combat.jpg (542x305, 99K)

Yeah, the reach one is probably 'more realistic' if you look at what an actual soldier typically looks like today but but halo has always had clean lines/art style, not a fan of adding more kitbash clutter stuff

Grim said it will not happen due to the shareholder desires leaning towards human themes.

Attached: xIB4pTV.jpg (3800x3300, 2.5M)

For a second, I thought it was the Gigachad

CE marine armor is perfect because it displays the ingenuity and desperation of humanity during the war.
Ablative armor that is intended to be torn away and discarded after being hit by plasma, no time or resources to armor everyone with fancy armor or shielding so everyone gets plated up like an ancient man at arms

Halo 1 had the best marines because they're the most like BOBs from Marathon, right down to the useless eyepiece thing.

Dog legs on bipeds look so fucking dumb (inb4 Dinos).

Look how his knees are bent. Wouldn't he just collapse under his own weight?

Attached: 1549170692656.jpg (933x621, 109K)

It's alright, I still have Sins of the Prophets and Halo 2.

Attached: Grunts of the Galaxy.jpg (707x1000, 226K)

>reuse reach assets
ok you can make it work
>add lighting everywhere to show off assets
welp theres goes the moody atmosphere during tense moments

isnt it in the lore that humanity had to switch armors to combat the convenant due to their plasma based weaponry? and thats why the plating is a thing?

That makes sense, yeah. What's the point of armors that for centuries have been designed to stop bullets, when the covies are throwing globs of plasma at you? You'd want as much Unobtanium on your chest between you and searing hot plasma as possible.

Attached: 1539471604175.jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

user, don't hurt my feelings.

Attached: vien_nsfw_but_not.png (2346x1746, 3.05M)

And for good measure, here's the og marines concept art for the first halo back when it was an rts for mac

Attached: 1551922221935.png (800x600, 314K)

>get shot
>dick melts off
seems like an oversight to me senpai

Can't really put much of a plate there because of how much it would inhibit mobility.
>just make it really small!
Then is it worth all the straps and set up if it barely covers anything?
There's always a trade off between mobility and armor.

Who did it best?

Attached: 1361599900263.jpg (750x233, 24K)

CE

4s graphics with 3s model.

I think if they just made a dangly bit they'd still have their mobility. Like cutting a tennis ball container in half and hanging it like a loincloth over the goods

Who did it best?

Attached: Evolution 3.jpg (3100x1080, 416K)

3/ODST

Obviously 3 and ODST.
I wanna say 4 looks kind of cool too, But not as kino.

Attached: odst-800x500.png (800x500, 605K)

I'll never understand why 343 decided to just make it some shitty modern looking kevlar again

Attached: H4hd_30.jpg (3840x2160, 1.19M)

2A/ODST

I like 4 for being an absolute MOMMY
but I enjoy 3 the most

You mean leaning towards Master Chief themes.

Who did it best?
Chief Armor
Elite
Grunt

Attached: Evolution.jpg (1500x1461, 218K)

I'll never understand any of 343's redesigns.

CE
Reach

>those shoes
wtf imagine getting stuck in mud or waterlogged with those bitches

They tried to hard to differentiate themselves from Bungie after the split.
It was also a case of sticking with a lot of the same designs for almost a decade, they wanted to try something new.
I don't blame them for trying, but I don't agree with those sentiments, either.

4 looks like a weird halo 2 and halo reach blend

>Scouters
I never noticed wtf

Attached: 1519064289469.jpg (590x531, 78K)

3, 4
2, Reach

Most people who read the forerunner books or played the terminals know they are extragalatic in fact it's why I think the Halo universe is fucked imagine fighting a pointless war in a small part of the galaxy while 99% of the universe has already been consumed by the flood

Attached: 1521979058998.jpg (206x245, 7K)

3 and 4 are cool but 2 anni gave me a MASSIVE boner god have mercy

Attached: 63654636.gif (500x190, 1.09M)

Attached: abimael-salazar-6.jpg (1080x1080, 122K)

2Aniversary than ODST

Attached: 1556669811753.jpg (1200x900, 839K)

Wow that h2a looks good, can't wait to see it in person when mcc launches on pc (btw all my reach/3 maps and gametypes were copied to mcc? i didn't play reach/3 for a year or two)

Just listened to the Contact Harvest Audio Book.
Really good shit, they nailed it, but
Can someone explain to me how the fuck Jenkins stayed a private through the whole 27 year covenant war?

Attached: 1552622973897.jpg (600x800, 61K)

#elite furfaggot images
/o4APlmQzJ7XASSpeTv12kw==/
/lRRzwpL2/8tHte4IwJr4Yw==/
/O1pkFr8mfj0hhIU4I9Yd5Q==/
/q5SiwIfYRWXdb4Aun61WyQ==/
/UzciU0zNEqNLetqR5o5+bg==/
/9vWJxI53MQt/G0laBkrmIw==/
/p8VuEPLkrW/MHkuOJbDSvA==/
/MXWnqTfT6Et7di45TsPS/Q==/
/AUNVNRkmN9J3zBAG+a6dZg==/
/Hi6xbfNhRnbNskwrnpjLRg==/
/VcWUybSBzj227H3jL65XJw==/
/McrcKG/FWq1bkDmDNBy1KA==/
/ddmxANAQhRGugqnMSJ6rEA==/
/bgTakz8ACoESPDymd5GvdA==/
/0SG/rqVzQPaBzkl67twIjA==/
/1Cj5zNdP7zZWbQuro1JemQ==/
/zSSMeSMXUS3Gh06HC4pQxg==/
/ZdbTEcpd1wtoyp8RfkRm3w==/
/QpiPcRKjjY2cyvx5qbdIHw==/
/F0q0kQohdMbUQzzgTu2lmQ==/
/SIlADCNq06vbT9DD28roZg==/

updated MD5 filter list with more of the furfag's shitty images

looks like an EDF ranger

the fall in design focus is astounding at the end, how bad can you fuck shit up, literally just dial down the details and maintain the silhouette

Attached: Marines.jpg (1024x793, 166K)

god I love thick women

holy based, there's a picture of him getting his shit signed at outpost discovery

Those decade-long designs made Halo what it is. They took away much of Halo's identity with these stupid, directionless redesigns.
>Warthogs went back in design by 400 years with modern-day suspension, axles and petrol cans
>Master Chief's armour doesn't look like a full piece, but rather small plates thrown sparsely onto a skintight suit that also gives the impression that Chief's body is very skinny underneath. Also, the change in Master Chief's armour was explained away with "nanomachines"
>Elites are ugly, lumbering creatures, more like Brutes
>Jackals are now all a different species for some reason
>Grunts are scaly abominations
>Marines wear the aforementioned generic Kevlar crap
>Ship designs are totally different, even the destroyed Forward Unto Dawn (???)
>Forerunner architecture is totally different, and shiny despite thousands of years of neglect
I could go on...

1 is still the best. Cute, spunky, a bit obtuse at times, and a tight little ass. Feels and acts like a flirty AI assistant instead of an oversexed waifu plot device.

Attached: tumblr_muu1il8Dyi1riec8co3_250.gif (245x138, 589K)

Excellent fucking taste.

Attached: 1536217905965.jpg (1125x750, 193K)

>Kat and Emile got into Gears 5 instead of Chipps Dubbo

This is the correct answer

I fucking love Reach spartans.

Attached: 15535621026538.jpg (675x675, 150K)

>Can someone explain to me how the fuck Jenkins stayed a private through the whole 27 year covenant war?
Probably got shafted, you do see some folk in the military stuck on the lower end for ages.

Reach because the variants are cool

Attached: 5f4.jpg (645x576, 67K)

CE for personality that regresses into a more shy 4 when hurt or under heavy stress.
I like both 3 and 4 for looks, but fuck, I don't think there can be a perfect mix between them without losing what makes each special.

Attached: 1561240681054.jpg (680x383, 35K)

gears couldn't handle this mad cunt

Attached: 1566703865510.png (494x677, 532K)

>no finger discipline
REEEEEEEEEEEE

He was, by Johnson's own admission, a crack shot and really fast on picking up training and orders.
he'd be shoe in for ODST easily within the first couple years of the war.

You just referencing that one fourm post from a few years ago that he made or something else?

Here, to wash your brain of that.
Have a picture of Michigan J. Frog fucking an anthropomorphic version of The Pillar of Autumn.

Attached: 343 Halo Canon.png (506x569, 473K)

Thanks bro, I was getting really tired of his faggotry

Am I the only one who likes the idea of Gears’ TPS style in Halo?

CE
3/ODST
CE

Imagine Full Spectrum Warrior gameplay, but with halo marines.

Attached: 1350257355113.jpg (1600x781, 159K)

Reach

>ywn fight in the Great War
>ywn get to shoot loads of aliens
>ywn get to see your friends die in horrible ways
>ywn have an alien bf after the war

Attached: 1553551462.linuell_swf_sangheili.jpg (4000x2000, 559K)

Quality post

im currently running through xcom 2 with a halo reach skin. i have noble team and unsc marines with all weaponry reskinned, armor, voices, and a pelican. shits fucking cash

Can I get one for the cortana fag, thanks.

>bf
>not gf
gay

Attached: 1567019095817.jpg (811x811, 449K)

>gf
>not bf
straight

he cute

I heard theres a mod that adds Elites to the Advent forces too. I like it but I wish it was JUST elites.
also thanks, now I need to go play Halo XCOM

Attached: 1523916549856.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

Nice

Attached: FIRST ONE TO TALK GETS TO STAY ON MY COVENANT CCS.png (918x889, 526K)

Alternatively

Attached: 1555354315868.png (996x919, 380K)

Attached: 1555354315870.png (842x914, 712K)

Attached: 1555354315869.png (1007x1023, 424K)

this is based

Attached: 63bd7e51576222943844f4f9f65770d2.jpg (460x500, 56K)

3/odst clearly, but I also think the Halo 4 spartan one looks pretty cool.

Too bad it's just three other images other than that, and there's no heartwarming story of how they learned to trust and fight together on the Arc.

Who did it best?

If you guys can keep this thread alive until bump limit, I'll compile the data of all the "who did it best" posts, including the marines.Will start a new thread with results.

Attached: Evolution.png (964x421, 459K)

1 and 3 for kino
reach for military "accuracy"

3 and reach

Attached: 1553979360877.jpg (1920x627, 223K)

Here's your Halo Marine, bro

Attached: marine.jpg (1364x1078, 216K)

Attached: Switch 2.webm (852x478, 1.83M)

agreed on all counts.

i've never thought about it before but elites can probably eat a girl out on a galactic level

>that torso to leg ratio on the HD version

Attached: 1533684506070.gif (480x270, 1.85M)

Aren't the Reach marines and CE marines supposed to be different lore wise?

Peace with hingeheads is TREASON.

You might be thinking of Reach having mostly Army until the last level, with that level having the Marines from the PoA fighting to defend the area until Noble arrives to deliver Cortana.

1>3>Reach>2

kek

For me, it's the Death Korps.

Attached: MCXafuZ.jpg (535x933, 171K)

Ideally how would a marine game work? You'd be playing as some footsoldier mook without all the supersoldier perks of master chief or elite training of an ODST, facing aliens with better weapons and recharging shields.
I like the idea of being the average pawn in a larger battle for a change, but how would that translate into gameplay?

Microsoft basically told Saber "make it look like it was released TODAY, reuse assets if you have to. Also, you've got 6 months (or some other stupidly tight deadline)".

>but how would that translate into gameplay?
Exactly like Halo 3 ODST?

One of the things I really like about their dynamic in CE is displayed when she rejoins Chief after Spark's betrayal. Or rather isn't displayed. She acts like a total cunt while she's hooked into the ring but when it's time to go the pair are right back to business. Halo 3 would have had a sappy piano moment as she regains her senses and if it were 4 there would have been a whole cutscene where she apologizes. But in CE they're a team with a job to do and no time to waste. I get that people like how their relationship developed I guess but I always thought it was better when it was understated, their partnership evidenced by playful banter and loyalty to the mission. But even 3, for as thick as it laid it on, was still subtle as fuck compared to 4.

They don't look like that in-game though, they actually look like shit. 3/Reach have the best marines.

Bad example, that level looks better. Should've posted 343 GS.

Can someone edit this marine to be a gigachad marine? Pretty please with a cherry on top.

halo 4 and 5 nightfall look best to me

underage faggot

>the UNSC had a further reaching empire than the Sangheili despite being almost 2000 years younger as a spacefaring race
don’t know about that one chief

>God tier
Halo
The Silent Cartographer
>High tier
The Truth and Reconciliation
>Mid tier
Keyes
Assault on the Control Room
The Pillar of Autumn
>Low tier
343 Guilty Spark
The Maw
>Shit tier
Two Betrayals
The Library

Attached: Gaylo.jpg (602x792, 86K)

Been reading the Fall of Reach. Why does this book act like Hunters have never been encountered before?

3 with Mark V helmet
Reach

In the original printing (which was before CE came out), the only Covenant species fought before Sigma Octanus were Grunts and Jackals.

agreed

I believe he is, I remember seeing that post before.

How did the UNSC build itself back up in 10 years to make the piece of shit Infinity if their navy was down to only three frigates during Halo 3? Not to mention all the millions of homeless and penniless Colonial refugees stranded in Earth and all the trillions of infrastructure damage the Covenants done. They should be struggling to keep continuity of government and pushing back corporate takeover that has money and manpower to usurp leadership.

Attached: 1566847720333.png (556x696, 496K)

Based OP

Don't think about it, just look at the cool robots

>How did the UNSC build itself back up in 10 years
lol

Try basically immediately. It was not well thought out.

saddas

Did 343 not know where the series ended off?

Attached: 1566287562179m.jpg (1024x576, 39K)

Traps are best get

they were too busy writing about super advanced ancient interstellar human empire

Awful take

>Is everyone in nuHalo igonoring the fact that The Flood were an Extergalatic threat
No, they were butthurt precursors that turned themselves into Onions Green to escape the Forerunners genociding them.

Don't kid yourself Yea Forums, the only two Halo games with good writing were Halo CE and 3, simple as it should be with gameplay and levels as the focus.

>You'd want as much Unobtanium on your chest between you and searing hot plasma as possible.
Isn't it just an advanced insulator that protects you just long enough so you can rip off the plating before it starts to burn?

they bragged about have people on the team who hated halo during halo 4. it takes time to recover from such stupidity.

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAAAAAAAAAP
BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAAAAAAAAAP

ODST just had you be not-Chief with a health bar again and a red screen so real every time it got scratched. The human soldiers would need to fight smart, or they'd die in seconds in terms of canon here, and they sure as fuck can't flip Warthogs and Scorpions.

>Halo as best level
You are a man of culture

has anyone a Cortana joi yet?

>Is everyone in nuHalo igonoring the fact that The Flood were an Extergalatic threat
No, they were butthurt precursors that turned themselves into Onions Green to escape the Forerunners genociding them.

there was a tiny bit of thought given to that with the glassed planet reconstruction in Halo 5, but that's it. Innies and everybody else are just singing kumbaya on Earth, with no hard feelings.

there was a tiny bit of thought given to that with the glassed planet reconstruction in Halo 5, but that's it. Innies and everybody else are just singing kumbaya on Earth, with no hard feelings.

Cogitate, if you will, the odour

Technically in canon enemies die as if it's easy and allies die as if it's legendary. Basically everyone is glass cannons.

Gookmoot fix your shitty website.

>How did the UNSC build itself back up in 10 years to make the piece of shit Infinity if their navy was down to only three frigates during Halo 3?
They were building their super Mary Sue ship before the war even ended, and then slapped rejiggered Covenant tech onto it to make it turbo big dick.

3 looks like an EDF soldier lol

Honestly I wouldn't mind the Reach marines so much. The problem is they used the army trooper models.

Source? I though Heroic was the canon difficulty

Heroic is the way the game is meant to be played. In lore enemies and allies get shredded. Shields help a little but not much. Also anyone else having issues with Yea Forums's servers?

Then again, The Fall of Reach had Linda trying to snipe a Sangheili ranger. She hit him with five rounds and his shields were still up.

>using the books as establish canon over the games

The Jerry cans on the nu-hogs are full of water. Warthogs run on hydrogen.

Not necessarily.
They likely have strong tendons and springy ligaments with very powerful muscles. It's all in how the architecture is built. Take the Kangaroo for example.

Maybe it was a BOB

Attached: file.png (1536x1152, 2.07M)

Normal is

Perhaps.

That's so fucking stupid considering the millions, MILLIONS of people who've lost everything from income and savings to family. The Moa Rancher on Reach who watched his wife and daughter drown in the evac shuttle after a Banshee shot it down isn't going to be content sitting in some FEMA shithole eating cups of rice and meat pellets. There should be widespread crime and obsene amount of Drug use from people that don't care and have nothing to lose with open hostility to the UNSC that from their perspective isn't doing dick.

Attached: 1561963441075.png (1000x1000, 426K)

I thought in the book where Mr. Chief got his shields, they were tested by having him surrounded and fired at by marines (simplified, paraphrased), and the shields performed surprisingly well in this scenario.

>Also anyone else having issues with Yea Forums's servers?
Yup.

When he was facing one assault rifle hitting him with one or two bursts he was okay, but as soon as multiple marines started firing on him, his shields went down very quickly.

Way I see it, with the numerous canonical variants of the same firearms passing around, the closer the war gets to Earth and the more it drags on our homeworld, the more the better-optimized and efficient weaponry gets passed around or maybe tweaked for handling shields. Not like we had many colonies dragging down or stretching the supply lines of the war effort at that point, and the further you got in the games the more deadly human weaponry seemed to get (besides shit H2 pistol)

3 > 1 > 2 > Reach

For me it was Halo 3

Attached: na64ie60vc521.jpg (1920x1080, 115K)

I mean, even by modern day standards that would be shit tier armor. Oh man how impressive you've got plating in the immediate vicinity of your heart, big deal, what if you get shot in the gut?

Did anyone else read that fanfic about Cortana getting downloaded by the covenant at the end of 1 and fucked by tentacles and elites? It was written pretty well and many loads were lost to it. Too bad I can't find it anymore.

Attached: 1566704707817.jpg (1440x1719, 1.19M)

Classic
Post the one with Chief and the donut

Flipping Warthogs and Scorpions is just for gameplay purposes.

>the book
Normal is the canon difficulty, stop trying to use the books to dictate canon in the games, they might as well be two different universes.

*ahem*
attention thiccfriends
your attention, please
THIS is what female elites look like
would you really still want to bang this?

Attached: elite female in middle (canon).jpg (1280x827, 276K)

For ODST, yes.

This sort of lore shit would drag down Halo just as much as 343's stuff does. Halo does need some convoluted plot, just space marines fighting aliens. That said, the whole Infinity thing was bullshit. Just set the new games some ten years later with a small expeditionary force. Comment that most of the UNSC is dedicated to rebuilding (no need to go into specifics) and that this small force is basically there to maintain a presence and make former Covenant members think they're better off than they are.

to be fair thats halo 1 armor.
halo 3 covered the gut region and was more tactical and thiught out

>Ideally how would a marine game work?
stealth game

For all games. Master Chief isn’t that strong. He had to drag the covenant bomb out of the space station in Halo 2.

Name a more kino shot in Halo cinematics than this, protip: you cant

Silly statement. We don't know how heavy that bomb was.

>Not to mention all the millions of homeless and penniless Colonial refugees stranded in Earth and all the trillions of infrastructure damage the Covenants done
Don't even think this far.
All the agriculture worlds were in the outer colonies.
These agriculture planets got btfo.
Who's growing the food?

but that bomb mustve been dense as FUCK to have enough firepower to take out a whole space station. its like a coke can exploding and taking out a plane

I opened this pic thinking it was gigachad, truly based marines

It was two ounces.

When I was 14 I printed it out so I could fap in the safety of my room (PC was in living room), then left it on the printer like a dumbass and my dad found it.

Blamed my best friend

Attached: 1564790562796.jpg (480x479, 43K)

Bro it's basic logic. In the games a marine can take a quarter mag of AR fire and literally not even care. IRL you'd drop to the ground screaming after taking one or two bullets. As soon as your shields drop you drop, there's no giga HP bar that friendlies and enemies have that lets them keep tanking rounds after their armor is gone.

>less food planets
>humans getting killed in war
eh it evens out

What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: 1F69EFED-20FE-4CD7-839C-5A7BE68E1D0F.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

Wrong, heroic is.

>a few hundred thousand humans die on some North Dakota planet somewhere
>this cuts the food supply to tens of millions of people in the inner colonies
it does not balance out

They were thinking that maps are too fucking small, the scorpion is too fucking slow, and the Spartans are too fucking fast that it makes the scorpion a free kill.

Halo 3 is filled with pure kino.

Attached: 1555785573128.jpg (4000x1700, 1.64M)

>the yappening
More like the brappening

The flood elites in anniversary are the low poly Halo 3 models while the regular elites are poorly rigged reach bipeds. This series was (once) Microsoft's crown jewel btw.

How would a joint human-elite spec ops squad operate?
Hard mode: none of the humans are Spartans. ODSTs at most. Keep in mind that this makes the elites far stronger and faster.
Dante Must Die mode: None of the humans have personal shields, not even jackal-esque wrist mounted contraptions

it does when you send your huge army battalion to the twin towers planet only for it to get elite jihaded and wipe everyone out there

Well prior to Halo 2 Demo Earth looked fairly normal and not a polluted Hive world shithole with city on top of city so there's probably moderate farmlands. But noway near enough to feed the stranded colonist populations.

Task elites with pointman positions when outdoors to take fire and suppress the enemy, jackal and riflemen flank and murder anything the elites find.

When indoors swap the roles. Jackal pointmen with shields and marines backing them up since space is a much bigger issue and fights are going to end quicker. Elites stay outside and stop anyone from exiting the buildings.

Humans fighting at range while invisible Sanghili mark targets and wreck havoc up close.

I honestly cannot find it anywhere anymore, which sucks. One of the last places I found it was posted on the bungie forums but all the curse words had the BLAM! filter kek

Attached: 1527810554613.png (1280x720, 535K)

Are Jackals rendered completely obsolete by peace with the humans?

>TFW Human Jackal relations post war are unironically great.
Mercanery Merchents of the galaxy unite!

Attached: 1_C6nE0xYAfE_EILweimv8hw.jpg (1440x1440, 212K)

crazy dinobird jews gone and did it

Only if we're not playing on Dante Must Die, or on 2 legendary

That's super ironic since they were the ones who started the war in the first place.

Reminder that literally the entire human-covenant war started because some jackal pirate captain got horny and wanted get rich quick so she could have babies with him.

>would drag down halo
Bull fucking shit it would. That sort of stuff would properly flesh out Halo than the stupid 343 shit ever did. It would explain why Chief is stranded for so long because the UNSC is locked down on Earth indefinitely fighting constant food shortages, power brownouts and the unbelievable wave of crime from Colonists to native Earth citizens. Almost peak instability with the UNSC on the verge of collapse. Could also be a scene to show why Arbiter and the Elites aren't on Earth because of a violent encounter with colonist vagrants. They're surrounded by brass and millitary never encountering the people actually effected by the war and want nothing more than to kill the alien bastards who put them in the shit to begin with.

A Jackal has much better vision then a Human but Humans have more mass, better ass and incredible sass. Expect Jackals to be reagated to marksmen and battlefield support roles.

Why does Halo Reach have the best UNSC?

Attached: haloreach_vehicles_unsc_sabre_engine_top_and_front_by_isaac_hannaford.jpg (1600x781, 122K)

You have to wonder why the ODSTs weren't issued arm shields like the Jackals have. Those jackal shields were the first thing the UNSC reverse engineered, you'd think they would capitalize on the technology. I wouldn't expect it to be cheap enough to distribute to the rank and file but you'd think they would spring for their spec ops soldiers to get it.

Eternal reminder that Falcon >>> Hornet

Unironically based and redpilled.
Its because playtesters kept shooting glowing shields whenever they saw them. Another thing the fucking apes that playtest games ruined for us.

What's with playtesters having a fucking mouldy pineapple for a brain? It's the exact reason there were no friendly Hunters and Grunts in Halo 3. Why and how do the dumbest people play these games first and ruin them?

Attached: 1566713960145.png (331x384, 123K)

Attached: 8921.png (625x626, 66K)

>Another thing the fucking apes that playtest games ruined for us.
Game devs deliberately hire the dumbest people they can find to playtest because doing so presents a worst-case scenario that is more useful for finding bugs and snags in the game design. If anyone tells you that they play test for a living, be wary.

>It Aint Me starts playing

Attached: 5042193863_96f4d244c9_b.jpg (1024x576, 77K)

Why the fuck do stupid people even exist from an evolutionary standpoint? How did they live to pass on genes?

Again, this is all shit that doesn't belong in Halo. People don't want this shit. They want to kill aliens and save humanity. All Halo 4 needed was a small human force (not the giant ship because that's retarded) and a comment about how most of the UNSC is rebuilding instead of fighting which is why only a small group are there. No need to go anymore in depth because who gives a fuck.

Modern medicine. Stupid people had a habit of dying pre-1930's medical practices.

Society and civilization, youre still here afterall

All of the concept stuff in Reach makes me wish for a Halo game like ARMA, that plays exactly like Halo except you can throw up thumbs up and peace signs so you can take cool war time pictures.

Attached: 1553802544519.jpg (2400x1841, 554K)

If ARMA was less of a buggy piece of shit we could have exactly that.

>MORE SHIT = BETTER LOL
Greeble was a mistake

I'm a level 2 genius though?

I don't just want to play Operation Trebuchet or whatever, because that's just ARMA with a Halo re-skin where you're fighting more human enemies. Bungie made the enemies in Halo fun to fight because they so diverse, every one of them has a job to do, and I'd love to see how that would work on large scale combat.

Attached: 1554337090922.jpg (1920x1080, 358K)

Based Sticcposter

Attached: .png (1464x1900, 1.87M)

Meanwhile, wouldn't any passengers on this thing get roasted by the engine exhaust the moment it starts flying in reverse and the engines begin facing toward the cockpit instead of away?

Attached: halo hornet.jpg (1536x1152, 182K)

>battlefield support roles
Jackals would betray the shit out of you, you need support roles like medics being handled by more trustworthy people

The squads all fall apart as soon as the Elite or Brute dies anyway.

Not if there were humans in it.

Context?

What happened to all the Brutes after H3? Besides the special snowflake ones in the gigachad Brute army from HW2, that is.

It's not, it doesn't match the dialog and cutscenes in the game, Normal does and is the default.

Which dialogues and cutscenes explicitly reference normal as the canon difficulty?

Halo 2's Ultra Elite first appearing in the Scarab, ODST drop on Delta Halo (pay attention to the Shade Turrets).

Halo CE opening you see both crewmen on Normal but only one on Heroic.

Halo 3's opening

Harvest was discovered when a jackal pirate vessel strayed out of it's permitted reaving territory because its' captain wanted some quick extra cash since she had a bf and really wanted to have kids with him but needed money to support them.

I love bar scenes, and with elites/jackals this'll be perfect. Excellent taste my dude.

Honestly I wouldn't mind the Reach marines so much. The problem is they used the army trooper models.

here's your helmets, bro

Attached: aids.jpg (810x1500, 477K)

Explain further

They all look like they have downs syndrome. The worse part is that the Gears collab just shows how incompetent 343i are.

Attached: 343i shit designs.png (2000x1200, 2.12M)

meanwhile...

Attached: halo 5.png (528x603, 510K)

literally no difference except the armor color

Hol up, are there going to be reach models in the new gears or something?

Yeah.

Attached: plastic.png (1900x1080, 1.81M)

Do I need to, that should be proof enough. Ranks and weapons feel right in Normal, I doubt the Covenant would throw out their best so early in the game.

How does Gears of War do Halo better than Halo?

Maybe you're supposed to fight with your head down at all times, the whole armor makes sense when you picture the marines crouching.

That's not proof.

Microsoft and 343i don't give a fuck about Reach, we've been through this user.

It's proof enough.

Thoughts on this?
youtube.com/watch?v=GSgGBrrgvek

Absolute fucking kino list m8

Shit

I claim 2 Cortana for myself, she is perfect and nobody else can have her.

Attached: cortana.gif (197x311, 1.98M)

Kino

Reach, by a long fucking shot.

Halo 2.

Except this guy, that is

Attached: halo gravemind.jpg (1165x655, 69K)

2/3
Reach

Halo ODST, but I really like how black the armor looked in Halo 2.

Was it rape?

makes more sense as a realistic tank design than the classic scorpion desu

AI are not sexual entities

MINDrape.

youtube.com/watch?v=-0gPb6PUUUA

the *pap*YAAAAAAAYppening

Remind me again why Yea Forums hated the way the Elites looked in H2A? Was it contrarianism?

Yea Forums hates everything post-Reach with a Shiite fervor, to people here it's a matter of principle

2>1>3>Reach

Fucking bullshit....there can be an entire new trilogy from the Covie side.

top kek

>bullpup
Into the trash it goes.

I think it'd be hilarious to play as pathetic grunts. A squad based shooter with you as an Elite would be awesome.

Recruit is unironically one of the best looking helmets

that's fucked

looks like discount IG

GRAVED

sangheli are just space japs

>japs
They are not Japanese.

Doom marines are better

that's the gearbox version of pc halo 1

Attached: envoy.png (2037x1044, 166K)

the one with child bearing hips

looks fucking terrible.

H2 narrowly beats out CE.

It's not like the covenant know that this is a game that requires proper level progression but I think your points are pretty valid.
different user

Thank you

Are retarded playtesters the reason there's only like 4 Hunter fights in Halo 3 and one of them is in a Scorpion? Because they were too retarded to figure out how to beat them?

Shit because they make you watch half the cutscenes every time you try to play the mission.

||do you have a twitter or something||

Based playtesters

||do you have a twitter or something||

Epic. You took what everyone was saying and then said the opposite. Have an upvote.

fuck this is why i never post drunk and tired lemme just off myself

Attached: cat.jpg (1024x731, 65K)

twitter.com/VienQuitonm

Attached: _.jpg (3558x2000, 891K)

Stupid question but doesn't all of this get thrown out the window since it's 500 years in the future? Perhaps armor piercing high explosive really is armor piercing high explosive that far ahead.

thanks man

Halo 4 and on have absolutely no business being on this list. That isn't just me being a hater, the armor designs were sometimes borderline anime retarded in functionality. All the other games, especially Reach (love it or hate it), had a practicality behind it. It looked like you might actually see something like that on a futuristic battlefield, or it was at least believable. Halo 4's doesn't look horrible, just lacking of any soul. It just looks like generic space marine man.

Further reaching doesn't make you better, it makes more of an expansionist. The UNSC did NOT have its further reaching territories locked down at all.

Don't worry it's some autistic guy, he will also say normal is the canon because in the book chief finds a shotgun on 343 guilty spark and you only find that shotgun on like normal. Not like the guy was writing the book about the game or anything lol.

Why do the ODSTs look so good?
Is it something about their design that just luckily happens to click with what human men find powerful or something?

You only find the shotgun on Easy and who uses the shitty books for canon. You're a retard if you do that, Normal is default, therefore, it's canon.

based dumbass

Well I mean realistically there shouldn't have been many refugees on reach since it was a giant military planet. Other planets they just recruited survivors, and most planets didn't have many survivors. It was rare for them to rescue any amount of people.

You clearly never played the difficulty, if the mode skips dialogue, drops high ranks all over the place, can't eve match the cutscenes then sorry but your Heroic difficulty isn't canon.

I like warrior

Attached: Chief spits some wisdom.png (589x607, 424K)

>but your Heroic difficulty isn't canon.
Good thing I don't think it is.

Master chief flipped a warthog in the books as well as one of the newer books confirming that Spartans can flip warthogs. Mjolnir armor is very very strong as well as s2s being incredibly strong. A warthog is 3 metric tons so they are able to flip around 6600lbs. Tanks and elephants are gameplay for sure.

That was old lore. In the nuLore The Flood are powdered precursors.

Any one have a doodle drive or something with all the books and comics?

>No word on the Halo game of thrones like show

It's never coming isn't it...

Attached: Trash.webm (720x404, 548K)

Any one have a doodle drive or something with all the books and comics?

drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bBU5vA0J187XOne_s_Ll-ezCNua-0QAG
Don't know if this is all of them though.

Attached: Master Beef.jpg (963x1306, 130K)

But nothing actually looks like it's from 500 years in the future. Every bit of science fiction is a product of its time, obviously. So it's always just men from the 20th/21st century thrown into the future. Why do they still drive around in vehicles with combustion engines? Why do they still use bullets and gun turrets like it's 1942? But that guy is right. For a tank it's a design that could never actually work. What purpose does having four treads serve? Why is the gun barrel so small? If it's a light tank then why is it 66 tonnes? Why does it still use the armour plating of today?

All that matters is that they look cool. Aesthetics-wise it looks good, it feels bulky and powerful and it looks like its namesake; a scorpion. I think in the future tanks will simply be obsolete and it will be replaced by other kinds of more effective weaponry.

"In 300 years, weapons are going to be so advanced that they're not fun anymore. It'll be like, a glass of water. You drink it, and all of your enemies die. That's boring. So in 500 years we'll be back to guns and bullets again, because those are totally fun to kill things with."
-Rob McLees

>throws out kinda interesting info without just saying "IT'S DUMB BECAUSE ITS NOT REALISTIC"
>recognizes that you could do a more realistic design but its a game so sometimes it's gotta look cool first
not a bad little video honestly

Pierre Sprey as a video game developer

God damn what 343i did to the Elites is prime example of how they fucked up the art design
>1/2 keep them tall and slender as they are battlefield commanders
>3 makes them a little hunched as they are now more commonly foot soldiers due to hierarchy fuck ups but still a commanding presence
>Reach makes them bulkier to present a presence of being like a monster since they approach is that they are being encountered for the first time by the characters
>4/5 turns them into giant lumbering retards with the arm/leg proportions of a T-Rex

1-4

I'm not sure weapon development comes out of how fun something is to use, maybe that comes after. Arms races are always about who has the best and most effective weapons. So if everyone's trying to 1-up the other then they'll just be pushing each other into more efficient and more boring methods of wiping each other out. No one will sit there and say "I like our old toys, they're more fun" because they will lose the arms race.

Other more domestic things like cars could be seen in that way though. People enjoy their manual petrol cars and they're fun to drive. But then again convenience usually comes first in life. Maybe people in the future won't care for the cars of today. It's hard to tell until it happens.

That's because that's the Halo 5 version of Carter's armor. Gears is just getting Kat and Emile based off how they looked in Reach. I think they even got the original VAs too.

> no dick plates
who the fuck designed this shit

The thigh armor alone is patrician taste

>"You drink it, and all of your enemies die. That's boring."
That sounds rad as shit
>have to deliver a hyper-lethal poison into an enemy's base of operations
>highly sterilized and sanitized base
>only way the poison will be successfully planted is in a commander's glass of water
>sneaking past 26th century alien security measures

I can't think of a far future sci-fi stealth game off the top of my head but I'd play the shit out of this

Attached: 1556587872586.jpg (903x927, 108K)

Re-read it, he's saying future weapons would be LIKE drinking a glass of water. Boring, simple.

Everyone’s armor in Halo 1 actually looked metallic but every single game afterward looked plastic. Why is this?

Oh yeah, metaphors. I'm a bit buzzed and I missed that

Still, a far-future stealth game would be real cool

Hybrid plates rather than just metal alone.

>Two Betrayals
>shit tier
beyond shit taste

I like it but the beginning is total bullshit. Almost Gravemind tier. Not the part with the sentinels but the two shootouts after that.

kill yourself faggot

If you go all the way up the tower in front of the big ass door u exit from you can find a sniper n rocket n shiet. makes the start much easier

No I mean the hallway and the part right outside the gate before that. Each section has 3-4 elites some jackals and pretty much no cover on legendary.

oh that part yeah that parts a bitch. I think the best strat is to plasma charge a couple sentinels down while charging towards the elite and killing him with the shotty. grunts should start running and at that point u should be close enough to easily kill the elite and 1-2 jackals when they spawn at the entrance of the second door

Allie Sin

I want to get FUCKED by an elite

I'm more of a Halo Reach man myself

Attached: 1b339bc5a7776e00d1f26ec3fcb72ac1.jpg (1280x1024, 143K)

aw hell yeah

Attached: marten.jpg (403x395, 14K)

HALO CE was the best of the bunch, they nailed it all in that one. Then they tried to get all fancy and turned up gay.

Actually Bungie retconned elites first being encountered on Reach because it cut them out of any expanded universe material set before reach

>why do they drive around in vehicles with combustion engines?
Warthogs run on water, I dunno what else does.

CE marines used metal plates
2,3, used cloth and synthetic carbon fiber?
Reach used less metal?

What protects best from a plasma shot?

No, he's saying future weapons will get so advanced, one example would be a glass of water that you drink and it somehow kills all your enemies. Not poison, not LIKE drinking water, literally a weapon that is a glass of water that kills your enemies when you drink it.

And that would be boring, so we'd go back to shooting each-other.

Halo5 looks practical as fug, bullets needles and plasma protection

Scanners you mean?

why are their weapons so small

Probably a placeholder before Reach's AR was finished

Aren't those rifles suppose to be bigger?
I mean, if a spartan would carry one of these in this size as shown it would be tiny?

Halo 3

Would pick ODST but the fingerless gloves seems like a silly choice for space troopers

2nd literally looks better though, 1st one looks like half life with a graffix mod

Halo 2's looks much better ingame sinces its a reflective visor

Attached: ODST_H2.png (802x600, 685K)

>Ideally how would a marine game work?
Exactly what the post you replied to says you stupid asshole.

Get an Xbox and play Full Spectrum Warrior

God I remember that fucking story, its been so long since I read it and I've spent so long trying to find it I almost thought I fucking imagined it.

I'd unironically pay to fucking read it again, god damn.

Attached: 1552262996774.jpg (600x800, 67K)

Halo 3, her breast are shaped perfectly and her face looks the best. Halo 4 was too submissive for my taste

Armor was also designed in Halo to protect the marine from physical hazards such as rocks, debris, wind pressure, and flying shrapnel.

Too much anti-plasma actually hurts the effectiveness

I 100% agree with this list

two betrayals is kino though for the sheer amount of gold elites it throws at you, and those are the most fun enemy type to fight in the campaign hands down

You don't think that in 500 years they'd find another way of getting their vehicles to move? Will they always use combustion engines? Right now electric cars are a thing and here in the UK they want to ban petrol and diesel fuelled cars and make every car on the road electric by 2040. Not saying I agree with that, but if that's already happening now then something different in 500 years time isn't too much of a stretch of the imagination is it?

I always thought it was stupid to have a reflective visor. Does look good though.

Oh my god why did everything in Reach look SO FUCKING BAD

I know people like to criticize 343 for Halo 4's generic CoD aesthetic. But every bad decision that went into Halo 4 was simply an extension of Reach, from the cancerous armor ability loadouts, to the DEEP AND EMOTIONAL campaign story, to the dreary grey-brown military shooter aesthetic. So many things from Reach were a fucking mistake, yet people here will defend it because it was their first Halo game.

Attached: 1565020968261.png (270x360, 66K)

Bungie stopped caring after Halo 3 and just made their last two shitty Halo games after Halo 3 as a Destiny testbed.

He's not being sarcastic, most UNSC vehicles, including the warthog, are hydrogen-powered. They can convert water into fuel on the fly, and are even able to automatically filter seawater. As far as I'm aware no vehicle in Halo uses a combustion engine.

something about them looking that good and being seriously hardcore normal people makes them so cool.

Why are spartan 4's so lame?

og 2, ODST and nonspartan Reach.

Because they're the successor of the lame ass Spartan IIIs. Master Chief should have really been the last Spartan, the problems started with Reach.

Because they're dudebros. The kind of dude bro you know is just an asshole and not a cool guy. You probably know the exact image in your head I'm talking about.

S2's and 3's were serious people, soldiers, warriors, who were smart and deadly, etc. 4's are "BROOO I FUCKING SHOT THIS GRUNT IN THE FACE DUDE" *they high five each other* "LMAO DUDE I FUCKING PISSED ON THE CORPSE OF ONE BROOOOO"; they're cunts

It'd probably play a lot like ODST firefight, but on a team of 8-10 instead of 4. And maybe some L4D-style features like helping downed allies, healing them with biofoam, etc. A focus on camaraderie, maybe critically wounded players can still be picked up and carried if they're unable to walk themselves.

As for the gunplay, it'd be less mobile than Halo, probably more of a tactical shooter since Marines have less health and tend not to move around a lot while fighting. Probably a middle-click call-out system like Apex Legends, so players can quickly "ping" voice lines to each other.

The missions are like Destiny raids but more sandbox-style, where you and your team have a lot of freedom in how to approach objectives, but going off alone probably means you're fucked. The squad leader has a radio that can let him call in reinforcements (respawns), supply drops, and evac, but only at suitable landing zones. Enemies are AI-controlled, and large disturbances will attract patrols, set off alarms, etc. Stealth is an option, but a skirmish or two isn't going to blow the team's cover.

Difficulty-wise, a squad of grunts and jackals is a moderate challenge. Grunts are pretty easy to hose down, but Jackals are practically impossible to take head-on without taking damage in return. Elites are like minibosses. Sword Elites, Gold Elites, and Hunters are a fucking nightmare. Much of the combat against these tougher enemies is about working together to outsmart them.

New missions come out every so often. The easiest ones are fun romps across UNSC battlefields, and the most difficult ones are blisteringly hard and require autistic levels of planning and preparation to beat. Whenever a new super-hard mission is released, the first group to beat it wins something crazy, like a Sergeant Johnson costume or something.

It's okay when ODSTs do it

>not wanting to be the top

So how do they eat?

Buck's armour is one of the only good things in 5 but 3/ODST.

They've got a inner mouth like the aliens from the Alien franchise, the feeler things are to hold food still whilst snacking.

With a mouth.

They just announced a bunch of casting decisions though like a few weeks ago dude. They at least got an actor for Chief who is pretty good and is about as close to his height as they could find.

Hey guys, I'm back.
Thanks for keeping the thread alive. I'm compiilinng the data now and in about half an hour will post the "Who did it better" results for each game form what people said.

Attached: abimael-salazar-3.jpg (1920x1920, 281K)

Why'd you post a pic from Black Ops 2?

Enter CHADtriox.

Attached: Atriox.jpg (1280x636, 71K)

Had to dig a bit in my halo folder, but have this

Attached: 1566703558643.png (1744x1470, 2.63M)

Hands down the best thing about the new lore. He would've been a fine adversary for the Chief and Cortana.

and

Attached: 1566702415693.png (1827x1254, 2.19M)

Atriox's backstory is pure kino, imagine introducing a boring literally who like Jul Mdama compared to this KING of a KONG.

youtu.be/q-RMEYMu82Y

weak bulge

What happened to the Brutes after the war?

They're now like Orks from warhammer, they've broken up into a bunch of their former tribes and go around the galaxy raiding everyone in small bands for resources. Atriox wants to unite his species into one empire.

Who Did it Best? data is compiled.
It's pretty rough for a lot of reasons. Not every category had every game listed, so there's some skew in results there, not everyone voted for every category, some people didn't make it clear which was there preference when listing two of their favorite (I went with whatever was listed first) and at the time of compiling this, I have to rush to work, so I couldn't be more through with the data and presentation.
In the end, this means absolutely nothing, but enjoy.

Attached: HAAH WAAW Data.png (1228x1400, 90K)

FOR ME ITS THE HALO REACH MARINE!

I still use "Mission complete: time for a beer," occasionally

Then why do he and the UNSC have beef? Atriox hates the Covenant. Humans hate the Covenant. They are natural allies.

You're, uh, a single post too late there.
Sorry.

Attached: I don't keep it loaded, son, so you'll have to find ammo as you go.png (714x741, 77K)

WoW people still play planetside 2?

Heroic is the Canon difficulty you stupid fuck.
It even says so when you select it, "The way halo is meant to be played" .

i just looked at this picture and remembered how many stories i would write and maps i would draw creating universes and lore from all my favorite bits of fiction i was into

fuck man i gotta draw some
its actually been over 10 years since i drew a map and just let that shit just go
because fuck it its imagination
jesus christ what the fuck

Attached: 1547263910359.png (576x576, 641K)

Atriox doesn't hate humans, they just blundered into his pillaging of the ark and started fucking things up. Then when he offered them the chance to just fuck off they didn't want the Banished to have all that forerunner tech and kept ruining their efforts.

The Banished aren't a covenant splinter like all the other remnants, they have no religious drive or whatever. Atriox wants resources and he doesn't care about much else.

Hell yeah I'd fuck a sticc.
I'd fuck a thicc, I'd fuck a midd I'd fuck anything with cute eyes and great personality.

Here user, for your imagination.

Attached: How to make a map.jpg (1016x6090, 1.98M)

Halo hits that perfect niche in sci-fi where the aesthetic is very relatable and grounded enough to be believable

Attached: aftermath.jpg (1245x646, 105K)

Same shit they were doing prior to joining the covenant. Being grug tier retards who love war and eating people. Dumb enough to nuke themselves back into the stone age but smart enough to realize that it's necessary to have good tech to have fun raping other species.

Are you ready for Cop Kino, Yea Forums?

Attached: Screenshot_20190830-094053_Amazon Shopping.jpg (1440x3040, 475K)

For sure. Contact Harvest did a great job just setting up how it can be for the average infantryman against covies, even though it was very early in the war.

My friend, I think you meant to create a thread, not post in Halo. I'd advise you retry, lest your cop-kino get burried in halo smut.

Attached: 1328644962571.jpg (619x448, 43K)

Halo game in the style of Dead Space on board the UNSC Mona Lisa when?

Attached: SANGHELEDE.png (1894x1137, 1.67M)

ta

Attached: 1476499059711.gif (198x257, 884K)

Which AI is this supposed to be?

Ahem

Attached: 1465687069.lshadowdrako_11062016_sangheili_clothes.jpg (905x1280, 106K)

neat, thanks bud. if you're into this you should come back and dedicate a thread to it and poll using strawpoll or something.

I don't remember her name, but I'm pretty sure she was the one Halsey and the other Spartan program people used as an instructor for Chief and co.

If I were to do it again, I'd compile better images that have a design represented from every halo game, 1-5, for every design, to be more consistent, and yeah, would probably use straw poll.

However, I'm almost certain that a thread dedicated to having Yea Forums vote on their favorite design would die in an early archived grave- threads like that never last long. So I'm happy that I got data at all, however flawed it is.

>Same shit they were doing prior to joining the covenant. Being grug tier retards who love war and eating people

BASED

Attached: Brute.png (278x300, 120K)

Athena, I think?

ACKshually...

halopedia.org/Keepers_of_the_One_Freedom

I want a Sangheili wife. Do you think humans and Sangheili fuck?

Attached: 1557553882703.jpg (791x1145, 131K)

that model on the left is the Halo 3 AR, and the one on the right is a grenade launcher

Why didn't the Halo community particularly like Halo 3's story?

3, no contest.

Reminder that alien refugees have been moving to Earth. This is your chance to get an alien spouse!

Attached: 1523166321865.jpg (1343x666, 147K)

Attached: ac99dd2ee87aab5ea565d692ea11fb21.png (1280x856, 2.03M)

Sangheili boobies

That's right. Problem apologist?

Deja

The biggest problem is the assassination of Truth's character. He went from a crafty schemer to a zealot retard like Regret.

What went so right with Halo CE?

Halo: Combat Evolved's art style is outstanding and distinctive, which is part of the reason it holds up to this very day, even on the Original Xbox.

Attached: halo.png (1920x1109, 2.91M)

I really enjoyed his depiction in Halo: Contact Harvest. It really laid home all the political scheming and some nice flavor on how the covenant worked.

>halo ce holds up better than halo 2 graphically
kinda funny. halo 2 has better models and they look a lot better when backported into halo ce.

The art team knew they were making an alien world, so they didn't try to make everything look lifelike.

Why was Halo meant to be a single, standalone story?

Attached: tumblr_inline_nr0nvbdZvS1rovfnp_540.png (540x270, 32K)

>no i think we're just getting started
>NUH-UH! NUH-UH! WE NEVER WANTED SEQUELS
Yeah, okay. I think Halo was lighting in a bottle and most people at bungie were complete retards.

Because just about every plotline was wrapped up by the end of the game. It didn't need anything else.

>most people at bungie were complete retards
the more i looked into old bungie the more i believe this, they were saved by a few key people actually knowing what they were doing.

>Because just about every plotline was wrapped up by the end of the game. It didn't need anything else.

What about the Covenant?

The one ship pursuing the Pillar of Autumn was destroyed with the rest of Halo.

Guilty Spark. After the credits it's revealed he survived.

it would just be killing enemies barely able to hurt you since the war was basically a mass slaughter of humans

It always seemed like a beautiful, embarrassing fluke that the series' composer basically saved 3 by making people actually agree on a unified vision and work towards it.

Attached: 8-19-2019_5-23-27_PM-rpq2skfq.png (1920x1080, 2.65M)

and then getting your shit pushed in by a spartan.

>the one shit
I understand you probably have the attention span of the average chipmunk, but come on.

>one ship
literally in the opening cutscene cortana says their are multiple cruisers after them.

And where were they afterward?

>then getting your shit pushed in by your warrior caste after you botch up disposing of them

in orbit probably. the truth and reconciliation was only there because it was damaged.
i do find it a bit weird that the fact there is a covenant fleet hanging around was never mentioned again, not including book lore.

>covenant fleet hanging around was never mentioned again, not including book lore.
chief and his pelican of friends that survived hijacked the flagship of the fleet

I forgot where I read it but Arby was apparently deadlocked in a struggle for control of Covenant forces against a prophet attached to their fleet. They were arguing over who had command since the Halo mission could be either a military operation or a religious one. They ended up spending so much time fighting each other that Chief blew up Halo right under their noses.

shit the Halo human colonies went out that far?
I thought that it was all in the Orion Arm

CE would look good in blur graphics but I like Halo 3 the most
Halo 4 you like it for the ass and tits but man her face looked busted

>Play as an elite
The key is to make the player strong enough to be able to slaughter a human easily, but weak enough that taking on a full squad alone is dangerous. Plus, since the covenant gets all the cool toys in Halo, you'd need an emphasis on leading grunts and jackals around so that you get to make use of those cool toys.

Maybe it'd have some sort of squad mechanic where you can give orders to your grunt and jackal followers, while managing their morale meter so they don't break and run. A big focus on real-time tactics, sending your grunts and jackals out as diversions so that you can rush in, take out a few marines, and get out before they focus fire on you.

Alternatively, just make it like a musou or diablo-style game where you lead shitloads of grunts and jackals against shitloads of marines, the catch being that marines are generally stronger than grunts and that your side loses the battle if you don't constantly move around the battlefield pushing the humans back.

Hey all
I'm going to try to run the polls for best looking X from each halo game a bit better next time, but I'm going to have to make better image references for my next attempt.
The game categories will be:
>Halo
>Halo 2
>Halo 2: A
>Halo 3/ODST
>Halo 4
>Halo 5
I'm coming halo 3 and odst because they are almost 1:1 in model design, and odst on it's own doesn't have some overall models to compare.
Models I'm going to compare will be
>Master Chief
>Marine
>ODST
>MA5B
>Worthog
>Pelican
>Cortana
>Elite
>Grunt
>Brute

Brutes and ODSTs weren't in the first game, but other than that, I feel like that's enough of a spread of the most popular elements from each game to compare.
If anyone has another model you want compared that's in most of the games I listed, give me a (You) and I'll see about grabbing pictures for it.
I don't want to do absolutely everything as I have almost 0 image editing experience to make the additional comparison images I need, but we'll see what happens. No time frame on all this happening, either.

Attached: __halo_game_drawn_by_ladic__9afd7e272e07827eece0dc5493d7ec78.jpg (2027x1456, 1.98M)

Pretty sure it was like 1 line in a book and all it stated was that the viles of dust had escaped the galaxy not the flood itself, probably been forgotten about.

Anyone have this one in particular?
I actually dig the blockly look, but now they're going for nearly $50 online new, and I'm not sure it's worth it.
If not, any other good figures of the Mark V you all would recommend?

Attached: McFarlane Halo Combat Evolved.jpg (600x900, 193K)

got a list of those mods?

Which Cortana fag?
I'm usually the one who posts asking which Cortana is people's favourite, but I was late this time.
You'll notice they used a much shittier image.

>Not having a qt Sangheli wife after the war to cuddle with and cook with and who could protect you at all costs
What do female Sangheli actually look like? The only one I know of from the games is Mahkee 'Chava but you never see her.

>Halo campaign where the difficulty is linked to who you play as
Easy/Normal is a Spartan
Heroic is an ODST
Legendary is a regular marine

Hope you like stick figures.

Not him, but just search Halo in the Xcom 2 Workshop. There's reach weapon mods, Pelican mod, hell, even a music mod to add the halo music.

Attached: ODSTcom3.jpg (1920x2160, 2.19M)

Halo 1 was more of a environmental and world discovery. Halo 2 was a story of the Covenant, chief being a badass, and Arbiter's character struggle.

Halo 3 was kinda go here, kill that, stop that, and run from here. But really the campaign, minus Floodgate and Cortana, more than make up for the simplistic story. But I did like that underlying buddy cop story going on with Arby and Chief.

What about Halo 4?

I meant out of armour jackass.

Holy shit, definitive proof that women ruin everything.

Fuck the playtesters. Hunters are the most fun enemies to fight.

Halo 4 is about shit and how it stinks.

>I thought you'd be taller
>I don't know who you are but I appreciate the friendly banter between two soldiers, I take no offence at your remark
The only people who dislike that line are the ones who cried after getting beaten in a slayer game

This. The only things actually annoying about Sarah is her hateboner for Halsey and of course
>Eggheads

I'd prefer if anything not related to the war or current figt stays out of the games.
No convoluted whys and hows of little details that don't matter gameplaywise.

Attached: bitchnigger.png (930x618, 763K)

I dislike the line because she just vanishes for the rest of the game. Even in the cutscene where she disobeys Del Rio's orders, Lasky is the one who vocally protests, she doesn't really get any lines that aren't about mission objectives over the radio.
It's like her entire purpose in the game is to say this one awkward quip to Chief, it is the single thing anyone remembers her for.

You know in ME3 when Vega shows up and his first scene is being this annoying cunt who acts like the player should know who he is? Palmer is that, but we never got any further development with her.

Ekhem

Attached: Hellghasts.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

that’s a fucking cool image

The problem is, the soldiers in Reach aren't marines, they're part of the UNSC Army.
343 fucked up by putting Army soldiers in Halo 1, which was the Navy only.

I have that one, he's neat but his articulation is pretty crap. Can't get even a 90 degree bend at the elbows or knees so weapon posing is limited and you sure as shit aren't getting him to crouch. Otherwise a neat little desk piece though.

>Casting Chief

WHY? The best thing they could do is have chief involved as little as possible in the show and focuse on other aspects Chief is anti social and would be hard to make him the center of the show especially since he wears a helmet all the time which will make tv watcher not care for him or boring it makes sense in the game since players control chief and follow though the story that way

Attached: 1513664500594.gif (330x247, 704K)

Damn. That doesn't sound like it's worth $45 eBay prices, but I don't see any alternatives if I want a lil' halo 1 era Master Chief with my things.

why do they always go for the overdesign shit in the end?
killzone 3 had the peak helghast aesthetic

Attached: c13b44b545c49a985da8ce6e77c36065.jpg (2355x2773, 672K)

>answer your exact question
>you get upset
Don't get mad at me if the answer you receive isn't what you wanted to hear, fuckhead.

Attached: 8-19-2019_5-20-34_PM-d10r2bmk.png (1920x1080, 2.28M)

Yeah I got mine in a cheap bundle like a decade ago, definitely wouldn't pay that high a markup. However I also have this little guy, and while he's technically based on the remake I think, you can barely tell due to the size and he's actually way more articulated than the bigger one.

Attached: 62e7d832-423c-4246-82e5-8972821ed8c9_1.735b9d399704348870a42b5405824ba8.jpeg.jpg (450x450, 28K)

You know, if the pauldrons on that one were scaled down ever so slightly, it'd be perfect.

Almost all dead or fighting each other in their home world like the old warlords days.

He's pretty neat for a chibi-esque figure and there aren't many better options.

Attached: qILSsMH5ys1533499191.jpeg.jpg (1000x683, 64K)

Top 10 halo cutscene

What ever happened to the other survivor of Installation 04, Dustin Echoes?

I'm not saying I didn't want to hear it you spastic. Everyone had already seen that picture. I specifically asked the question on a picture of a dressed-down Sangheli because I wanted to know what a female one looked like in that context.
I said "female Sangheli" not "female elite" anyway. If I cared about their armour I would have said Elite.
You're a fucking imbecile.

>>Not having a qt Sangheli husband after the war to cuddle with and cook with and who could protect you at all cost
Fixed

Sangheli don't into degeneracy

>millions of lonely male soldiers, periodically seeing each other naked with only the lucky ones getting back to home to breed
>heavy emphasis on warrior friendship
Bangheili are homo as all hell and I love it.

*Sangheli are homo as all hell in my headcanon and I love it.

I'll get a 343 employee if it will make the truth easier to swallow straightfriend.

The fact that you think they're homo just because any of that happens means you don't even deserve a Sangheli spouse.

>I'll get a 343 employee if it will make the truth easier to swallow straightfriend.
Please keep it to your fanfiction.

>angry at someones homosexual halo fantasies
is this the hill youre going to die on?

Attached: 1560249804421.png (500x500, 48K)

>Angry
I'm just reminding you not to confuse homosex headcanon with real canon.

And the real canon is that human men are marrying sangheili females in droves?

No.

No but it does happen. Men with tall women fetishes that can't be fulfilled by civvies or Spartans.

>It does happen
Source?

>No
>but it does happen
Nice headcanon.

Everyone loved Halo 3’s campaign it was a return to the simple storytelling of CE. Only loretards bitch about and no one listen to those retards.

This is how the halo thread ends.
With gay elite shitflinging

Because Bungie are hacks that made Halo good by accident.

>I want a sangheili wife
>I want a sangheili husband
>NO YOU CANT SAY THAT NOT CANON REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Straighties making threads bad yet again. Peace

Do you think Sangheili women would marry human men?

Attached: ae5f260b917416ffccef360b4f3bf8d7 (1).png (1788x2313, 1.18M)

That, Microsoft Game Studios, time constraints, and hardware limitations.

It started with a gay elite post. What did you expect to happen?

*Furries making threads bad again.

They’re the Zero Suit posters of Halo, they either never played the games or started with Halo 2.

Nah.
Sangheili males wanting to marry human females are a thing.

Attached: .png (3474x2016, 2.1M)

Source?

Me

and the unsc's home planet got BODIED by the convenant in halo 2 thanks to being to thinly spread out