Now that everyone that needs to seethe at Nintendo games has moved onto Astral Chain...

Now that everyone that needs to seethe at Nintendo games has moved onto Astral Chain, can we have a Dragon Quest XI S Thread?

Attached: dragon_quest_xi_definitive_edition_logo.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

Go back to 2ch
Nobody cares about Generic Quest

Turn based is shit

DQ killed Yakuza; I hope you're happy.

what the fuck are you even talking about

I love DQ and this game is pretty fucking generic from what the demo showed off. The game literally has nothing unique about it compared to past games like 5 with the monster taming or 9 with the multiplayer aspects. All this game has going for it is decent visuals.

Attached: 1566616495297.png (241x276, 147K)

Cringe Quest

>game comes out
>Yea Forums loves it
>game comes to Switch
>"IT WAS ALWAYS SHIT!!!!!1!"
every fucking time

Cope

>playing persona
>the strongest ice spell in the game is called Niflheim
>reminds me of sniflheim from DQ XI
>get curious, look it up, niflheim is an old Norse world that’s extremely cold and has a shit ton of ice
>suddenly realize Sniflheim is an incredibly clever pun of sniffle (like when you have a cold), niflheim (ice world), and heim (home in german)
>mfw

Attached: 7C076823-3557-488D-AF89-C24302859C9B.jpg (319x312, 22K)

>new main game in the series is now a turn based RPG because the protag is a big fan of Dragon Quest (not a fake stand-in game; the real DQ even getting permission from Horii to namedrop it ingame).

Bold move, you gotta give them that.

Nah I can assure you I always disliked it.

Really on the fence about it. Played the demo. Game looked like shit compared to the other versions. The switches power ruins the immersion and anything that made it look like an actual cartoon series.

So your choices are: play the version of the game that fixed all the bullshit and actually makes the game playable OR play the version of the game that is slightly above average and keeps the amazing presentation..

What do? I know this S version shit is likely coming out on the other systems eventually or do I just get it now? I love and miss turn based games.

Sounds like its finally time to start giving a shit about Yakuza

Docked it's almost identical to ps4 add the qol improvements and 2d and Switch version is best version. PC version close second.

Yakuza isn't very good so okay.

>I know this S version shit is likely coming out on the other systems eventually or do I just get it now?
the odds of this actually happening are very, very low for a wide variety of reasons
biggest one is that S-E basically had to redo the entire game engine to make it smooth for the Switch and they designed the new content with this engine in mind.

Poop... I'm no lt opposed to buying the switch version at all. I just don't see the switch version being the visual equal to the other versions.

Ehhhh... I'd have to see it IRL because looking at comparisons they look much better (sharper and not blurry) like the switch version

why the fuck are you playing an old school jrpg for graphics and not content

Ugh... Åå å å å å å å å gh!!!

Attached: dqss.png (1306x680, 1M)

fucking based

ahem
fuck resetera
fuck plant/sorafags
fuck console war fags
fuck muh generic
fuck muh irreverent and persona is better fags

Attached: Drunk Delinquent dot jaypeg.jpg (650x500, 112K)

>call Persona garbage because it sucks
>seethe harder tendie

>call Dragon Quest garbage because it sucks
seethe harder snoyboy

I fucking hate this board

Because with this particular game they're going for the look of a cartoon. When the switch can't render fucking trees and they lay out 2d trees that ruins the immersion, it's an issue.

what are your hopes for dragon quest 12? its already in development.

Attached: 8E8F4574-09C2-4FB6-9DD5-89D1CEEE99DC.jpg (583x657, 79K)

I don't need any hopes. When I buy a Dragon Quest game I am confident I will always get a Dragon Quest game.

lmao time travel in DQ XI? Nice fake spoiler retard

Based and this.

Astral Chain hasnt released yet for paying gamers, you know, the ones games are created for

Why do you do thsi to me

Can't wait for DQ to completely flop on Nintensoy so it goes back to being a Sony exclusove like it should be.

DQ is on the console with more owners always. Want it to be Sony? Make Sony sell more.

>DQ is a Sony franchise
With 11S, literally every mainline Dragon Quest game will be on a Nintendo system

>Docked it's almost identical to ps4

hahaha

I remember seeing a topic years ago with someone claiming Nintendo stole Dragon Quest from Sony when IX came out.

>DQ XI S becomes a massive success in the west, thanks to the power of Smash marketing
>breaks all kinds of records in Japan because the only thing they love more then the Switch is Dragon Quest
>to further test the waters, SE releases a classic DQ Collection for Switch which also sells amazing
>finally releases X in the west, but make it a Switch exclusive because it’s currently the most popular version in Japan by far
>SE makes DQ Nintendo exclusive from this point on
Can’t fucking wait bros

Man all they need is to give us DQ Collection and X and I'll be happy. At the very least give us fucking 3.

If SE pulls a SD3 and finally localized the SFC version of 3 and puts it on the Switch I would be so fucking happy

It already is, you're forgetting that it already exists on the 3DS

Wait that was officially localized? I thought that needed a fan patch