>Dev announces Epic Store timed exclusivity at the last minute
Th-thanks...

Attached: okay.jpg (623x912, 181K)

Gooks always win CHING CHONNNG

>Wahhh why do developers have to make money? I fucking hate this :(

Grow up loser.

>Epic Games funding Expands the scope of the game
>The game comes out very soon
These fucking kikes. It’s all only profits.. What happened to making an indie game INDEPENDENT from pleasures of capitalism? A game made out of a desire to see it realized?

Who?

Except against the British, The Mongolians, The Japanese, The Americans, etc.

>Manifold Garden
Literally who?

>Been following indie game Manifold Garden's development for YEARS
This kind of shit raises too many red flags
>being excited for an indie game
>being excited for a literally who artsy indie game
>being excited for an indie game that has been advertised for “years” and still isn’t out yet
Is this some weird, psychological white knight thing? Do people just pick random stupid indie games that don’t have a huge following just so they can say “Y-yeah, I was a fan since the beginning!” in case it actually doesn’t end up sucking? I have never heard of this shit before.

I know most people here won't give af or even have heard of it but I was/am actually pretty interested in it.

Nope. Indie games are all I look forward to these days. It would be even more pathetic to look forward to triple A drivel, but to each their own.

>In November 2012, William Chyr began working on Manifold Garden.
This guy has been working on this for 7 (seven) years and still is so far behind he needs millions of chink dollars to finish, how retarded can someone be, a 15 year old zoomer could crap this game out in 6 months

They make plenty of money if they sell their game everywhere. Problem is Epic won't sell your game unless they can have exclusivity. It's an ultimatum, and developers/publishers who cave to it have no confidence in the game they've created. In the end this means games that go exclusive are going to be worse than usual since the developers are taking the easy money instead of trying to build a customer base. Epic is their sole customer now. Why should you support a company that is catering to a store instead of the customers who buy games?

Attached: 1336589066490.jpg (500x375, 20K)

That's means you can pirate it free of guilt courtesy of Tim
isn't that great?

Another free game? Holy shit Sweeny's on the loose!

Why would you give a shit? You are not a developer or work for the industry. Just buy the game if you like it or fuck off.

>Manifold Garden
Never heard of it

Give it a pirate, Timmy paid for your copy.

I'm a customer. That's why I give a shit. Taking away my options in exchange for a payout is not a business practice I want to see so I don't support companies that willfully do it. The end result is always going to be higher prices for a longer period of time for that product because exclusivity is only viable because you can control the price of the product and ensure it doesn't lower due to market pressure.

Do you understand? Customers are paying higher prices because of these decisions. They're getting nothing of value in return. If you are a customer you should be feeling the same way.

Tim just bought it for you, friend

You should be ecstatic about this news, you can play it for free!

Go on, lad!

this one's on the creepy wanker

Lets not pretend you were going to buy it at launch. Half the people in this board pirates and the other half waits for 90% off sales.

>Manifold Gaidan
/o/ at it again?

Just pirate. Devs are already paid so you are only not giving money to Tim.

Where is your fucking argument?

Indie games can be pretty good, especially given that AAA games nowadays are anything but AAA quality