Lmao

Lmao

Attached: fw9xzlo92cj31.jpg (1024x576, 330K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/sam_mullen/status/1166936805494538241
ryu-ga-gotoku.com/seven/
strawpoll.me/18559789/
youtu.be/M9_L2TA0IEY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I refuse to believe this is for real. It's a retarded creative decision, a terrible business decision AND it just looks like shit.

>new MC
>new city
>but you have to suffer through combat so slow it stops your heart

Attached: sonic response.jpg (720x720, 150K)

I'm still not convinced this isn't just a minigame

Kino. I'll play Yakuza because of this

Persona 6 : Yakuza

Attached: xH3bpOf.gif (393x360, 482K)

Go read the official developer statements. They even say themselves that if the fans don’t like it they’ll go back in Yakuza 8.

devil may cry 6 but its a jrpg

Attached: 1538532867259.jpg (463x372, 83K)

So immersive

post games with shit combat that should have just been turn based

Attached: sor2.jpg (767x431, 99K)

But why

You already pick moves from a menu, so it's halfway there anyway.

Attached: 220px-God_Hand_(2006_Playstation_2)_video_game_cover_art.jpg (220x311, 28K)

yakuza was always a JRPG
desu if the menus are fast, snappy and responsive and the flow of combat is faster than the usual JRPG this will unironically be the best yakuza game ever made
the games were always easy as fuck even in the hardest difficulty and the closest the combat ever got to being fun was isshin, a piece of shit of a game that literally had one second long windows for parrying

Attached: 1566408262944.jpg (2847x3091, 459K)

Has literally one game done anything groundbreaking with turn based combat to make it not like every other turn based game

i'd play a turn-based dmc spinoff. they could have the devil triggers work like dragon forms from breath of fire.

>going backwards

Is this Yakuza 7?

>UI taking up the entire screen
shit eating virgin cumskull JRPG sois will eat this up

>UI taking up the entire screen
switch port confirmed, you heard it here first.

Well, looks like I'm not getting Yakuza 7.
Watch Sega pull a fast one and go "Hurr, guess the West doesn't want Yakuza anymore" because of this.

Honestly I think it's a cool idea that the party is split on different enemies like that, assuming it affects who and how you can attack.

Why do the other party members look like generic NPCs?

it seems
but fucking OP and everybody else takes for granted we know

They've made fucking twelve of these games with the exact same fucking combat system. Fucking hell fifty percent of the posts on here are complaining about how the new combat is shit compared to the old.

Yes. Sega is calling it Yakuza: Like a Dragon in the west though, since they want people to jump on at this game and not get intimidated by the sequel number since Y6 sold like shit.

I'm sure it's gonna be good. It could be the best turn-based combat in the world. I just don't like turn-based combat, so I'm not going to buy it.

SEGA rep here
Can you at least explain why you're not getting it? From surveys we got from longtime fans and newcomers to the series everyone thought the combat system was too basic and too overdone by now
We decided to refocus and think of a solution that still mantained the spirit of RYU GA GOTOKU (caps lock for cruise control), that gokudo of simplicity and accesibility with depth and challenge for more experienced senpai, and we came to the conclusion that turn based combat was the way to go
Can you elaborate?? Where did we go wrong?

I hope this new MC isn't a literal cuck like kiryu
>I will endure getting punched, take the blame for a crime I didn't do, get raped in jail for years and get out to raise a child from someone else because muh honor

Attached: ECYM0fOU0AAxHcN.jpg (720x405, 36K)

>Yea Forums has literally no sense of honor
Who could've seen that coming?

there's a massive difference between honor and letting people step on you constantly and get away with it, you can't have honor without self respect

>he wouldn't adopt Haruka
ok homo

Attached: yakuza 5.png (2000x1125, 1.67M)

Do you still think people would get future dmc games if it just have turned based combat because fans got tired of the combat in 3,4 and 5? No they wouldn't and Itsuno knew this. Thats why he kept the same combat in those games and developed on them to make them better with each game.
Nagoshi was just a lazy fuck who couldn't develop a good combat mechanic in the last few games (excluding Judgment) and decided to go the lazy route and switch to turn based combat.

Persona 6 looks alright.

Attached: 1537016028814.png (986x797, 869K)

If Kiryu had any "honor", why didn't he distill that mindset into the kids he raised? Especially Haruka. Ditching the orphanage and getting knocked up by some rando Yakuza doesn't sound very honorable.

what the fuck

They will need a really original turn based twist to make this not feel dated as fuck and out of place

>used goods

Why aren't you 1:1 image of your parents' hope and expectations?

>trade fast, responsive combat for slow,innocuous combat
it will sell millions. this worked for God of War

I ask myself this all the time

>yakuza
>fast, responsive combat
Have any of you retards ever actually played yakuza?

easier to design, trying to capture mobile audience

have you actually played it? it is fast and responsive

It is. What the fuck are YOU talking about.

those portraits with fuck ugly main characters look seriously retarded

sounds like a waste of resources, games aren't cheap. why even risk it, judgement was a hit in japan and the west people clearly still like the style of gameplay why change it?

The “this guy inherits the spirit of Kiryu” is literally the dumbest troupe I've ever read. At least fucking JoJo had the audacity to at least connect each MC by blood.

Looks fun to me

>From surveys we got from longtime fans and newcomers to the series everyone thought the combat system was too basic and too overdone by now
Literally no one

Looks like a Persona/Yakuza mashup.

>inherits the spirit of Kiryu
It just means he's a "true" Yakuza in the same sense Kiryu was, are you fucking retarded?

Gonna say no on that my boy, while yes it's Yakuza 7, over here there's no word on what the title is gonna be. Take the word of the one of the main people on the localization team.

twitter.com/sam_mullen/status/1166936805494538241

What. 6 is the best selling game in the franchise after 0 hooked a lot of people.

It would GENUINELY piss me off it this stunt kills Yakuza in the west..... AGAIN

Attached: 1567019694638.gif (202x258, 1007K)

same poster here.

Don't quote me on this though, because it may very well be the title, but all the sites saying it is and providing sources have broken links, but eh. I'm just here waiting for the game

how is it fast when it's locked at 27fps and the entire thing is an absolute clunkfest where even dodges take half a second to complete (not that it matters you're invulnerable for the whole animation regardless) and the main distinctive mechanic is the ability to fight against the game's shoddy coding to set up some cinematics that take way too long for instakills?
yankuza's combat has always been a mediocre diversion that never takes the center stage in the games because even the devs themselves know yet another minimum high score requirement on fucking space harrier or afterburner is far more engaging than that piece of trash

oh nononononononono, this looks like shit. Judgment 2 when?

LOOOKIN COOL YAKUZA

judgment was a hit in the west and japan, once this game does meh in japan and flops in the west we will get more yagami and kaito adventures

This. I don't think this new game is going to be bad, I'm just not going to enjoy it. I like Yakuza's combat despite (because?) it's fairly simple/mashy.
I've still got a ton of these games left to clear though, so I'm not that fussed, by the time I'm actually ready for a new Yakuza game the next one will probably be out and I can just skip this.

Don't worry it's photoshopped I can tell by the pixels.

What does the all out attack look like?

>Y6 sold like shit.
Lies. 6 is literally the best selling Yakuza title on the west and this is really something because the game was released on the same week that God of War was released.

Man whatever I like Yakuza and I like JRPGs. Not too fussed really.

Because it isnt made by shitty western devs who take no risks and just try to appeal to the lowest common denominator,

show me one rpg where you can do tiger drop like counter.

I would love a turn based JRPG in the Yakuza universe but just make it a spin-off. There's also the fact that Yakuza team isn't experienced in turn based games.
It's from the official site
ryu-ga-gotoku.com/seven/

strawpoll.me/18559789/

Attached: 1566451049154.jpg (777x777, 102K)

I'm still going to play it but ffs, this could be great

Attached: 2b4cfcc.png (1280x720, 948K)

>We need a game worse than Y6
>Leave it to me, kyoudai

>your npc allies materialize out of nowhere everytime you engage in a battle
>won't be present in cutscenes
Cool immersion

>hasn't seen the trailer
Ichiban is going to jail for 18 years for a crime he didn't commited.

>new protagonist
>new gameplay style
>new city
This has literally nothing to do with the previous series, why are they calling it RGG7? Just call it Shin Ryu Ga Gotoku

>God of war copies dark souls, the most popular style of weapon combat at the time
>everyone loves it
>Y7 devs copy dragon quest, the most popular type of gameplay in japan
>everyone hates it
explain

This. Everybody other than 0fags and outliers played Yakuza game not for the combat or the story but to role play as Kiryu strolling around looking for fun shit to get into and the combat was only a part of that, if this fixes the problem the Dragon engine and newer games of being all style and no substance than this is a good thing.

Dragon Quest is just simply shit.

Attached: 1565973379204.jpg (250x158, 5K)

I thought the turn based battle stuff was an April Fools joke.

I know this is bait. But fuck it, fix the combat ffs, not just change it for the sake of change. Make the enemies much more varied that'll force the player to actually change the styles. Limit item/potion chugging per battle. Fuck sakes. Without enemy variation, even changing to fucking turn based combat would be fucking meaningless and would go just as stale, faster since the waiting for turns become more of an obstacle rather than an ever changing puzzle to be solved. Fucking hell, don't these "change is good" defendefs don't even see the main flaw on the series. Changing it to turn based won't make it less stale if the enemies are the same and just uses the same attack over and over again.

>putting in soi to deflect the possibility of being called out
Nice try, SJW-kun

>leader of a gang of misfits
>actual protagonist is second to him
>manly as hell origin story
>constantly given the best fights
>great theme song incorporating design
>sticks to his beliefs the entire journey
>even as a corpse he refuses to give in
>basically exits giving his former boss the middle finger
>saves and avenges hundreds of innocents as a result

Why was Bucciarati the best thing out of JoJo part 5?

He should have been the actual lead character, the entire story was essentially HIS character motivation.

Attached: Bruno zipping in.png (625x796, 323K)

Why don't they copy MonHun then? That shit have a massive fanbase at japan as well. And MonHun World sold 4 TIMES more than DQXI.

Why would you think this won't be style over substance as well. And why can't they just fix the old combat that they have used.

I will now buy your game

user, Bruno couldn't do shit if it wasn't for Giorno. Giorno convinced him to take down the boss.

Fuck Haruka.

Attached: t set.png (1280x720, 972K)

Persona 6 is looking pretty good

yeah, that's what they said when they revealed the trailer but actually it was real

What would his persona be?

this looks fucking based tbqh

That's why I said if. All I know is that the only good Dragon engine game I played was Judgement and that was still missing a lot of the staple content like coliseum, hostesses and most of the fun gambling games.

I liked the original april fools reveal, was proud of them for acknowledging what the fanbase did not want a yakuza game to be
Now I just don't know what's going on, if they release it, it will forever be known as the black sheep of RGG, even moreso than dead souls.
I wish it stayed an april fools joke

Attached: yakuza7.png (960x752, 1005K)

No. This is probably how the meeting for Yakuza 7 went:

>People are complaining about the Fighting in the Dragon Engine the made for Yakuza 6.

>RGG is trying to fix it with Kiwami 2.
>It's still shit but better than in 6.

>They use the the same Engine for Judgment.
>Turns out it's a lot better than in 6 and 2 but it still has his problems here and there.

>Meeting for Yakuza 7.
>Instead of fixing the gameplay problem and finding a solution with the Dragon Engine Nagoshi (who is the director of the Yakuza Franchise) said fuck it and said that the next game should be turn based.

>The Team is sceptical but goes with it after they had the idea to make a "April Joke" with the gameplay to see what the People thing.

>People like it because it's a april fools joke but the team say's it's enough to convince the Sega heads.

>Sega say's yes because they say yes to everything that could kill their successful franchise.

>In the end tell the fans that if the game flops we will return to the old combat system.

Instead of going the Itsuno way and improv the combat they already have with each instalment they've gone the Ubisoft way and said fuck it we are to lazy

The series sells like shit in Japan, Judgement was a "hit" but still nothing compared to the numbers this series used to get years ago. They're probably intentionally trying to attract other audiences.

Quick question, how often have I to do the hostess maker in Y3?
Finished the first bitch and then she fucked off to Tokyo? Found the second one and shit is moving faster through the previous unlocks, but still boring.

Action Game to Action Game
Action Game to Turn Based Slog
These two things are not the same

If it works out, it works out. If it doesn't, they'll change back to tradition. You already have 7 main games, multiple spinoffs and especially Judgement, why can't a new protagonist do something different? That and the party factor makes it seem like there's going to be more of an ensemble protagonist group instead of just one protag or two characters switching off, so that means they need to have equal time to shine instead of just assisting and getting slapped around in fights awkwardly.

Attached: 298eb0a82d6550e25feb482be2eb4f0e.gif (360x240, 1.25M)

there are people who enjoy these games, but don't enjoy turnbased rpg's.
this could be a great rpg, but there are core fans who won't enjoy it simply because they don't like turn based games.

>every enemy is the same
>your party is just some NPC motherfuckers
Literally how can this be good.

>it's locked at 27fps

ah, a PC elitist

>If it works out, it works out. If it doesn't, they'll change back to tradition
I present you with a 3rd scenario: it turns out to be shit but the shit eating public buys a ton of it and all of Yakuza becomes this. You thing this won't happen? Oh it will.

>Yea Forums and reddit think because the UI doesn't look like Final Fantasy, it's a Persona clone
Always knew that reddit and Yea Forums were the same thing

Attached: 1562566507269.png (622x768, 472K)

to be fair Sega also owns Atlus / Persona now, so that doesn't help opinions
the turn gauge and the character positioning reminds me a little more of like, Wild Arms 3 with Final Fantasy X turn control. though honestly, something like Grandia would probably fit more in the Yakuza spirit.

It's almost as if the devs got tired of making the same game over and over and over again. 6 mainline games, 2 remakes, 4 spin-offs, portable games, all with the exact same gameplay and formula. Don't you get bored of always playing the same game. Having said that, this also looks lame and retarded.

Literally nobody thinks it's a persona clone because literally nobody thinks it will have pokemons in it. But yes the UI is cloned from persona

At least they had the sense to copy persona and ffx, I'm hype

I mean wtf, they made 7 Ace Combat games and every single one is a flying game? Surely Ace Combat 8 should be a JRPG. Don't you get bored flying around all the time

What a waste, going for the turn-based system to milk some more money implementing a simplistic combat mechanic instead of actually improving the game by introducing new towns, settings etc.

>cloned from Persona
Oh no, it has character data / portraits in the bottom right corner and a streamlined control format of menu options front and center in a unique way, it's Persona everybody!

>make sakura wars action based
>turn yakuza turn based
Is Sega unironically retarded?

I mean it does have a new setting, it's in Yokohama

the game is set in a new city

Oh no it's slightly different, it's totally not a cloned UI, how wrong I was, I feel ashamed of my words and actions

OHNONONONONO IT LITERALLY PLAYS ITSELF LMAO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1398x500, 71K)

Y7's UI is generic besides the style for menu options, and it sure as fuck isn't Persona 5 cloning.

Attached: 9657ac916fd3034401ca19b96748ee7f.png (1366x768, 1.5M)

>besides the style for menu options
Yeah that's what UI is you fucking retard. user your picture shows how similar UIs look, I don't know what you're trying to prove here

Hey, as long as you get to play karaoke, bowling, and Sega arcade games, it’s a Yakuza title to me.

Wonder if the RPG combat is simple enough for, say, a Switch port.

Oh it's simple alright

I know I'm late to the thread, but a Sega rep said that they're willing to go back to action combat if the fan response turns out bad.

Yakuza has been the exact same shit for almost 15 years. I'd rather they give us this than shovel out the same game in the same city every year

Maybe now the combat won't be so fucking braindead

I'm way less interested in the adventures of Mugen Kramer now.

>turn based battle
>not braindead
LAMO

That's just PR bullshit. If FANS hate it but dumb FAGS love it and buy more than FANS ever did, well guess what, FAN response doesn't mean shit to the studio, FAGS are the new audience.

I mean FF and Chrono have ATB and Mario RPG/M&L have input timing, but that's old news by now.

Anything is less braindead than the shitty mashing in yakuza. At least in this game enemies will actually take a turn to attack you rather than stand around like a bunch of pylons

Literally WHY have a system that allows you to control a party when your party looks like NPCs? If they wanted to make a JRPG out of Yakuza, they could've gone with KH style combat and everyone would've been happy. But they just had to fuck that up, all so that you could play as some random NPC looking faggots

Oh no random enemy will attack for 10 damage epic!!!!!!!!!

Akiyama, Saejima, Majima and Shinada died for these retards looking generic npc.

Attached: 1567061105624.png (1920x1080, 2.52M)

the only way i could see this combat system working remotely well is if they went down the paper mario route with it

You're right, that's much better than some retard AI that stands still for the entire fight while not blocking

I mean the dudes kind of look like they might pass for real characters. And the lady is probably only there because some model once again sucked everyone's dick at the studio.

>shit eating virgin cumskull JRPG sois
Christ, I've been gone from Yea Forums for too long.

Attached: fr?.png (312x322, 131K)

The two dude are in the trailer but the girl is 100% a random npc you can recruit or something

She was in the CGI april fools trailer though. A lot of recurring appearances for an NPC. There she is in the OP pic too

>goes to jail for 18 years
lmao

>women can't keep up
Thats right roastie just can't compete against men as usual.

>what are you?
>I'm a lvl 34 UNIT

Evil twin?
Kiryu fought a body double instead of the real one?
Straight up just survived a bullet to the brain?

Attached: 153214523452341231.png (1414x753, 1.33M)

Ummm just his brother that looks exactly the same, nothing weird about this at all is it

gonna make the assumption that all jing wong mafia leaders undergo plastic surgery to look the same.

Since social sidequests have always been a huge part of Yakuza I'm hoping the game does some Radiata Stories kind of shit and literally every semi-relevant NPC can join and stay in your party no matter who they are
That'd be fucking fantastic, and judging from the portraits and the NPCs in the few screenshots and videos we have I'm pretty hopeful that's actually the case this time around

Attached: 1529107483041.jpg (1000x1414, 612K)

>we'll go back to classic gameplay if fans dislike it
They seriously think they'll get a yakuza 8

>turn-based real-time combat
why not just make it a full-on Action RPG?

That one bit of gameplay we have seems fucking tedious

This is what the gameplay is
Nagoshi... I don't feel so good.

Attached: Yakuza 7.webm (960x540, 2.59M)

we'll have to wait till TGS to see what else it offers, since that's the only piece of gameplay that exists and it doesn't tell you much about the game at all.

Dumb as fuck when bosses battle happen and you have your random npc that have no connection to him at all fighting him or when a cutscene happen and they won't be in it or they will but will not say anything at all because they aren't part of the big main story.

You people don't think these things throught at all huh

>That'd be fucking fantastic
Would it though? Why would anyone want that? It would obviously not work in terms of story if some random stripper I helped is now fighting a war with high level yakuza members. This sort of wacky shit is good for side content, but do you want some random stripper fighting alongside you in an epic boss fight? This is some LUL SO RANDUM shit, contributes nothing.

This game is going to sell like hotcakes

>do you want some random stripper fighting alongside you in an epic boss fight?

I'd love that, actually

>This sort of wacky shit is good for side content, but do you want some random stripper fighting alongside you in an epic boss fight?

depends, will it be the dominatrix side character from 0?

Yeah fuck storytelling, let's just have WaCkY RaNdOm stuff, that'll work

I don't think it would ruin storytelling at all.

Yeah, I want more serious stories like Yakuza 6.

>not wanting to slap some yakuza nigger's hot shit with your bitchin harem of absolute overleveled units with broken skills
niggas you gay
you'll have the boring option of story-related characters anyways it'd be dumb to not have the basic vanilla option for faggots like you guys

Have you ever even played a Yakuza game?

God people like you are such subhuman trash. Legit 13 IQ max

yeah forgot actually having fun with videogames in a franchise that's always been filled with over the top stupid bullshit was somehow exclusive to braindead retards
I bet you hated the idol shit in y5 too
faggot

Explain the roles for each character

Have you? All the wacky stuff is in side content except for a couple of jokes here and there. When things need to get epic, they get epic and it's all treated in a very serious manner. Imagine if this fight had some random NPCs fighting along with you. It would ruin the whole moment

Attached: Yakuza 0 Header.jpg (633x356, 171K)

I bet you're the kind of person who chooses "funny" outfits in single player games. Most people don't do that because it's a retarded thing to do

This unironically looks kinda cool. And your party is two out of shape looking dudes and a chick with a purse? I dig it

>turn based
>fun
If you're trying to fall asleep sure.
>Haruka boring garbage and easy dance gameplay
>good
Oh yeah its so fun to do that one song of her for 54 times oh yeah so sick. What's that shaking hands event #14? YAAAAAS!!!

Hobo/rogue, construction worker/warrior, whore/bard.

>Imagine if this fight had some random NPCs fighting along with you. It would ruin the whole moment

How?

Ichiban: the main characters
Everyone else: don't matter they aren't part of the story

What is wrong with Sega

Attached: EDHgKgNUcAA3k4w.jpg (494x298, 14K)

What the fuck do you mean how? Imagine if instead of the soundtrack a clown song was playing in that boss fight. Do I need to explain how that would ruin the mood? What sort of question is this

Because that random npc have no connection to Kuze at all and have no reason to fight him.

MC is obviously a physical guy with the unique skill of taking items around the environment and using hazards for maximum damage
glasses guy is a technomancer, glass cannon that uses drones for debuffs, special attacks and buffs the whole party
big guy is obviously the tank, can assume counter stances and aggro when he's not taking hits for everyone else
purse girl has an RNG supply of items that change with every turn, from healing to pulling a gun for instakills

ITT: LEL PENGUINZZZZZZZ OF DOOM RANDOM WACKINESS FUCK IMMERSION XD

>being retarded
this is literally a feature in any noteworthy RPG

Almost as if turn based RPGs are so fucking boring to play it's now perfectly normal for RPG "players" to skip gameplay.

Oh cool so Yakuza is now 95% going to be a movie instead of 70%.

The less gameplay the better right my fellows Yea Forums, zoomers?

ok then don't play rpg's its as simple as that you faggots

Sure, I'll just go play Yakuza, the beat em up series. Oh wait...

Now you see the problem

Not planning to but they are turning a franchise that I loved into jrpg turn based garbage after 10+ years.

then go play kenzan and ishin you probably haven't played them yet and they're the most combat-focused games in the franchise
fuck the ishin grind is 90% combat

>just go play the untranslated unreleased games
Thanks for the advice

You've had 9 games including Ishin and Kenzan, keeping the same repetitive gameplay for 14 years

The devs said if the reception to the RPG Style is negative, Yakuza 8 will go back to its routes

So it's sort-of turn based but then again your party members are not under your direct control but moving around? Hoh boy, it's fucked.

And if the reception is good it mean that I will never get to enjoy this series again because retards like you love turn-based jrpg? Wow im so happy about it!

Yes, cry about it.

Ok turn-based brainlet.

>old games already exist why would you want new games
Right back at you, why don't you go play Persona games.

Nigga you're the one creating this hypothetical scenario of increasingly complicated details.
There's nothing inherently immersion-breaking with having more characters fighting with you, that's all there is to it. You have to add wacky shit to those characters, and even then I don't see the problem. Tons of games have wacky-ass shit and it works.

Yakuza itself is fucking ridiculous as hell, it just takes itself seriously and doesn't wink to the camera like it's a marvel flick, it's how the whole immersion thing works. Or do you honestly think the Osaka Castle splitting in half and punching tigers isn't the wackiest shit?

a bit of a reach tee bee eich, but at least it's a legit argument.
I disagree, the characters could fight with you regardless of their connections to the enemy. A guy wanting to kill them isn't enough?
I don't see how that's bad in a videogame.

No it's fully turn based, you control them all. They just move around to make it look less awkward, but they don't fight.

>There's nothing inherently immersion-breaking with having more characters fighting with you
There is if they're random NPC who are not supposed to be there. Unless the game explains to me why some hooker NPC is fighting a war against Yakuza, every time I see her fighting a war against Yakuza, it breaks immersion. I think you're confused and forgot the argument, we're talking about NPCs as party members, not just parties in general.

It is bad. Having that one cool feeling of 1vs1 against the final boss while sick cutscenes and badass music that pumped you up play will not be the same if you have a random hobo spitting fire and a stripper doing a sexy dance to charm him.

But I guess you don't understand that.

Looks like its gonna be annoying as fuck if you get into random encounters as much as you did in the other games.
I highly doubt it will have much depth or challenging fights.

Yakuza 6 sold less than 500k copies worldwide. Face it, the franchise is as good as dead right now and the main reason is the worst combat system ever made.

Yes, this change will filter out the tasteless niggers, but apparently there isn't that many of yous.

Attached: 13131-4a7ff08c5a-00000016.jpg (676x966, 112K)

Okay this nigga fucks. You have a point.
I'm just defending wacky-ass shit because the mentality that it's inherently immersion breaking is dumb.

now this nigga dumb.
Look, we're just talking about feeling now and suddently it isn't about wackiness it's about not being 1v1 and sick cutscenes.

who cares it's not like it's going to have a random npc system anyway

As someone who has been a SEGA fan since Genesis, yes, SEGA is full retard, always have been always will be, but I still love them for some reason.

>Nagoshi had open heart surgery and his sega bosses told him to present the game on the same day so he went after the surgery
>people are outraged
Please don't die Nagoshi

Sega management is fucking awful holy shit. Why do they treat their employees this way?

I guess that's the end of the god tier combat, then. 7 might be the first Yakuza game I don't buy. Everyone post examples of the god tier Yakuza combat that the idiots at sega have dropped to make way for Personashit.

Attached: Yakuza G o d Tier Combat.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

Asians have no soul.

Holy fuck that is so epic.
How did you do that?

If they made dragon quest play like monster hunter I would play dragon quest

I'd love to see people defend turning RTS games into MOBAs.
>b-but the strategy aspect was shit anyway! Who cares it's in a fundamentally different genre now!

Because they have made the same game 8+ times now, including Ishin, Kiwamis, HNK and Judgement.

As long as the battle system is polished, and the game keeps the amount of minigames of previous tittles, I think it's fine.

SEETHING

While the core was the same, the combat greatly improved and 0/Kiwami 1 were the right direction (more styles, more fast and so on) before they switch back to only 1 fighting style. They need to go even further on the action bit, this is just a regress to everything that the series went.

>Sega say's yes because they say yes to everything that could kill their successful franchise.
My fucking sides

kill yourself

I love me some butthurt over turn based JPRGs. What is it about the genre that makes fags on here so mad?

I like turn-based, but taking a decade old brawler and making it turn-based is fucking stupid.

cherrypicking at its finest
mad dog is worst style in that game
if you picked any other style they look better
also i am all for the changes in yakuza 7
just mad someone would try to misrepresent 0

Yea Forums sucks at them.

Attached: 1504180165303.png (1880x2166, 490K)

Masaka... I've never seen such blatant bait...

you want this cake?

So, uh, is Atlus making this game?

they sure as fuck stole their ui

But I am, they had none

youtu.be/M9_L2TA0IEY
>4.6k likes
>751 dislikes
wtf? Dislike this video asap, maybe they'll change their minds

GOGOGOGOGO

The video doesn't show anything about turn based gameplay, most viewers probably doesn't even know about this nonsense.

All the top comments are about the combat but most of them only have around 200 upvotes at most

Too late for that. The best you can hope for is it doesn't sell well and they never do this again.
I love this series but I'm not buying this shit.

>story trailer

All the top comments are about the combat but most of them only have around 200 upvotes at most

I love this series and I'll be buying this.

Watch it be another autistic vocal minority like always.

The biggest problem with this change is how slow it'll make everything.
You could go from one end of Kamurocho to the other in about a minute of running with no encounters. Encounters would usually take less than a minute and then you were on your way. The game was fast paced.
This is gonna make the game slow as shit and it'll take forever to go anywhere unless they can keep the battle system fast paced, which is exactly what turn based rpgs fail at.

Attached: 1559955504379.jpg (436x436, 31K)

just Yea Forums being broken.
on the topic of the game, i'm getting everything i hoped for. new mc looks like he'll be fun to follow, majority of the story is set outside of kamurocho for the first time since 5, and i'm sure the minigames and exploration part will be fun.
it's just the turnbased combat that has me worried and i don't know what to think of it since we've seen fuck all of it.
i also hope they don't ditch the beat em up gameplay completely since i enjoyed it despite its flaws.

Most JRPGs now only do battle when you run into enemies, random encounters is mostly done with. I think battles will be the same as before, you can run past everything and only fight when you want to or in scripted encounters

The problem I see is you can easily be underleveled/geared in Yakuza and still win by dragging fights out or skill. In a turn based RPG, you being underleveled is just you immediately having no chance

Already confirmed they'll go back to it if people really dislike turn based. Not to mention that they want Judgment to become its own series and that'll still have normal combat. Worst case scenario (or would it be best case scenario?) they work on 3 series: Yakuza action, Yakuza JRPG and Judgment.

That means we wasted a game though.

A potentially interesting protagonist. For some stupid dragon quest shit.

It's like going to Metal Gear and making it a visual novel series. Sure. You can get a few funny laughs out of it, but I doubt that's how people want to consume it.

Metal Gear was stealth espionage. Yakuza was a best em up.
It's in the series' DNA, and it coincides with the thematics.

This Turn Based shit is clearly a mismatch.