Now that the dust has settled can we all agree that attacking developers and sending death threats to their families...

now that the dust has settled can we all agree that attacking developers and sending death threats to their families just because they wanted financial security was pathetic and childish?

Attached: 1565028113287.webm (720x800, 1.98M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ooblets.com/2019/07/we-did-the-thing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Talk shit, get hit

I think an user that didn't expect this kind of reaction on the internet is a faggot.

Steam drones are mental ill

no

Attached: 1557472179526.jpg (856x853, 207K)

based.

OP are fag

It's not like he wasn't pathetic and childish himself.

Interesting how we have never once seen a single “threatening” message directed at any of their “friends and family,” despite 100% of these orchestrated victims using it as a defense. And the worst I’ve ever seen thrown at a dev directly is “jump off a bridge” or “kys.”

(((Why))) could this be?

>make shitty, condescending public post belittling their supporters and their potential customers
>surprised when said people retaliate

>kys
>omg death threat
Nah.

>get backlash for condescending and whataboutism blogpost
>say you received threatening messages
>public opinion sways back to your side
how do they keep getting away with it?

>Interesting how we have never once seen a single “threatening” message directed at any of their “friends and family,” despite 100% of these orchestrated victims using it as a defense

isn't it weird that journalists then defend them, without any evidence? almost as if...

Yeah, it was retarded to do it, but they 100% played the hand they did because they knew exactly how it would play out, and that they would get the positive press afterwards.

All that crap about him posting shitty snide comments then deleting them seemed shitty. Honestly I dont care because the game is shit and I wouldn't even pirate it in the first place.

Does anyone have a gif or webm of that cutie dancing without the shitty steam and epic logos?

Why are PCfags like this?

The people who do this are actually the ones who side with devs and EGS, they go undercover and create new accounts to talk shit, then blame it on the side that criticize the devs to make them look bad and nullify any valid point against those same devs.

Attached: No.jpg (1024x1003, 61K)

Why are VaIvedrones like this? Is there a single fanbase that consist of more underage and fanatic users as the VaIvedrones?

Lamo never happpened

fuck off you worthless brain damaged retard

>burn your small niche group of highly autistic supporters by going back on a promise about steam
>literally, like actually literally floss dance on them using motion capture
>lol why are you so mad?

They actually do post example messages fairly frequently, the examples just never get posted on Yea Forums.
I'm not sure why anyone would be skeptical over this. There are enough unstable wackjobs on the internet that you can get death threats for sneezing

>I'm not sure why anyone would be skeptical over this.
You're not sure why people are questioning the very real tactic of claiming you've got death threats to score victim points?

FPBP

I don't really care because turning it into a card game was faggot shit.

What gives, there are worse things to get worried like the global warming or the last season of game of thrones

>actual jewish developer
>made faked anti-semetic gassing discord edit for discrimination points
Just Believe Me, Goyim for $1,000 Mr. Trebek.

>they do post examples fairly frequently
oh do they now?

what is that game about?

Fuck You & Fuck Ooblets & Fuck Epic

why do the characters move like they have cerebral palsy?

Yes

No
This

Attached: 04815209.jpg (526x400, 68K)

Last I saw before I lost interest was that it was kind of like harvest moon and pokemon in that you do farming and you catch wild monsters to fight with. They had simplistic designs, but it looked like the gameplay had a clear goal in mind early on. Now, I have no clue.

one of the most entitled things I've seen in a while. Do people think game dev is a charity lol? If you want ooblets on steam just make it yourself.

>that dancing animation
Was this made in fucking good with the gravity gun

Attached: D410BB0C-C7E3-49BD-B722-0A7BCF33B0FC.gif (300x236, 2.85M)

Yes.
Devs always hide behind threads and bullying when people criticize them. If nobody would threaten them then they would be forced to actually face the criticism.
Or maybe this was all calculated so that they could get some positive or and make the evil gamers seem even more evil than they already are.

*positive press

Yes, I dont know how people take the time to do this, just I just ignore the thing and let all those sell out to rot wit the epic shekels, if I do want the game I pirate it, but not make a fuss in the weeb.

if you're that worried about financial security maybe you should get a real job instead of making indie games

I feel like everything about this game is where overall Indie gaming in the west is eventually going to arrive at. Reminds me of the evolution of television animation.

>devs are retarded
>tries to act like the victim
I don't feel bad for them at all.

Attached: ooblets when will they learn.png (1920x2242, 1.37M)

Of course. Modern gamers are a bunch of childish angry fat fucks.

I'll end your life horrifically if you don't post any examples in the next 10 minutes.

> "lmao what's a 'falseflag'?"

No, what is childish is genuinely being offended by cyberbullying.

Attached: 076.png (605x264, 40K)

what the fuck were they before?

this game is worthless trash the only thing of value is how funny people shitting on the smug devs was. the death threats thing is just a bullshit red herring to misrepresent all the critisism as death threats when in reality there probably weren't any. and someone saying they'll kill you on the internet is not to be taken seriously anyway.

Listen resetera tranny you just need to go back. or you could put a bullet in you brain now because you're going to do it someday anyway.

NOOOOO COME BACK WE NEED MORE MATERIAL FOR WHEN WE BRING BACK PAID MODS AGAIN GIVE US OUR CUUUUUUUUTTTT

imagine the smell

Yes, people once again took things too far. This was was particularly annoying because I thought (at first) that they were at fault

nah

Attached: 1565183167341.jpg (1076x2048, 346K)

Oh the death threats is always retarded and counteractive to what they’re even trying to do because now they’re the victim.

Doesn’t make the dev any less of a faggot

>I have no morals or values and I side with whoever claims to be the victim most.

Nah bitch, children don't send death threats and homeless people are pathetic. Neither of those are traits associated with death threats.

When did Yea Forums become constant outrage mode: the board? Don't you have anything better to do?

>wanted to give this game a shot despite the tumblr nose characters
>this happens
At least I have Re:Legend to look forward to. Those devs aren't fuckwads (yet?) and their game looks great so far.

God that tumblr baby talk “we did the thing” is more off-putting than anything they did with epic

If they're getting "thousands" of threats then surely there'd be a whole bunch of screenshots as evidence floating around and yet nothing.

Basically this. I don’t agree with death threats in general, but at the same time, I don’t know what they expected being antagonistic to people who were going to support their game. You can’t play the victim as you’re beating somebody down.

>fight
Nah, they changed it to be epic dance offs bro

i still think it was stupid, now if they ever try to release another game they'll have a 100% guaranteed pr nightmare

I legitimately can't tell if this is a joke or serious, considering the mental level of the developers. Please tell me it's a joke.

>believing anything said on the internet

user...

Why are devs so fucking thin skinned nowadays?

>wooow we're just threatening your family, chill out dude lol

It's the fucking internet. Grow up and filter that shit out.

bants but can't handle the bants

What does it say about your product if you are not confident enough in it to trust that it will sell well enough to at least make you break even and instead opt to take an upfront lump sum of cash?

Nice controversy, grandpa, but the rest of us have moved on.

Nobody would have cared about this game or its exclusivity if the dev didn't choose to act like a condescending prick about it.

That's not a real newsletter, just some butthurt discord tranny

That’s how bad it is. I’m cringing at that “newsletter” more than anything that’s surrounded this game because it looked like shit anyway. The devs seemed like obvious cunts from the beginning and It genuinely looks like that Steven universe stereotype bullshit. And all this when stardew is available on every other system and service and even portable on switch, and has held up and will hold up longer than this “no such thing as bad” PR storm that will bite them in the ass in the long run.

Death threats are such a fucking spook. If you do anything that people find scummy and get a shitload of backlash in response then all you have to do is point out that a small handful of people overreacted and reddit goes "ugh we are better than this, I hate when shitty people do shitty things but I will ALWAYS respect muh civility" and suddenly all criticism leveled against you is null and void

Worse. It was mocapped.

I got a picture for you OP, careful not to save it though or your social credit will take a hit!

Attached: 96970659.jpg (624x274, 29K)

Game looks like some hipster twee crap I wouldn't play anyway

Did the devs aprove and/or Applaud it?

Just as bad then

I'm supposed to be mad that he didn't bend over backwards for some discord tranny?

>let's make fun of people
That'll end well

Attached: 1565154279583.jpg (630x1199, 163K)

Different profile picture everytime I see this tweet posted

Consumer mentality. They were never taught to learn the value of constructive criticism and feedback outside of "wow COOL" and overall praise. Critique comes and goes a long way.

Holy shit I just realized something.
Can you guys give me a bunch of (you)s to this post telling me to kill myself? I can screenshot that and post on Twitter with a PayPal link or Amazon wishlist and see the money pour
>Help, I wanted to talk about videogames and I got death threats

Is that something we have to agree on? It seems so evident that thinking otherwise would indicate either retardation or mental illness to such an extent that you couldn't hold that person responsible for their beliefs.

Attached: 1563977050352.jpg (691x625, 236K)

>treat people with respect, get respect
>treat people like shit, get hit

How about devs start learning this basic fucking concept first?

what is a death threat and why do people bother with them? i feel like most of the time they arent actually getting legit death threat with people saying theyre coming round to slice their throat. im sure its just people talking shit to them and they cant handle negativity

>all this shitposting and free publicity for some indie game with shitty artstyle
you all fucking sucks

Attached: 1557502212060.jpg (381x500, 190K)

did that bot delete that message because of piss

Oh fuck off edgelord. Criticising someone is fine. Saying you're going to slice their throat is fucking psychotic and should be punished. You don't get to threaten people because you're upset about your feelings being hurt.

What do you think the percentage of death threats on the internet that actually result in an attempt at someones life?
1%?
0.5%?
0.1%?
0.01%?

A death threat on the internet is nothing to take seriously

Im gonna kill you user See I just sent you a death threat, are you scared?

this tbqhf

You dont get to tell someone to fuck off that should be punished, you dont get to abuse and harass people just because you're upset at his hatespeech

if you counter hatespeech with hatespeech you deserve to be locked up

>are you scared?
yes

Attached: 1557169608905.jpg (960x731, 95K)

Literally didn't talk shit though. They got hit and people need to scramble together justification for taking out their aggression at EGS on Ooblets devs afterwards.
All the devs said was "Epic offers financial stability".

Yes but this kind of trolling happens all the time for the most retarded reasons so I dunno why it's still being used as a shield. Don't want threatening messages sent to you? Go incognito and wipe your social media account.

Yeah. Online angry mobs are pure cancer and I can only see the phenomenon becoming a bigger and bigger problem until the government/corporations starts cracking down on it and potentially ruining the internet for the rest of us.

The devs are still huge faggots though.

I'm glad we agree that the twitter and discord estrogen elementals deserve every bit of mocking that dev gave them for throwing a pissbaby tantrum.

You're not me, doppelganger.

Or am I

Who's smelling who?

they called gamers entitled manbabies in the announcement that it was epic exclusive, before any backlash could have even happened

People who are against Epic because they guarantee sales should be against Valve for not doing it, but things aren't always as they should in drones' brains.

Attached: 3796937.png (367x368, 215K)

dont think you read my post properly. i didnt say telling someone youre going to slice their throat is a-okay. i'm doubing they actually get people telling them that in the first place. if you start getting flack online for doing something shitty its an easy get out of jail card to suddenly claim youre getting hundreds of death threats and play the victim. i think every time someone claims this they should show the threats publicly and prove the user sending them is from an un involved 3rd party, to make sure they didnt just make another account and fake it.

Link? It better not be that fake newsletter user.

Im smelling you

example messages that they've written/sent to themselves?

>Yea Forums: user receives death threats as a result of posting in an Ooblets thread

its clearly shitting on the devs and their poor handling of PR

All me

They arn't guaranteeing sales though, they're paying for all of the sales they'll lose after screwing over their customers in favor of Epic Exclusivity.

So many times where there wouldn't be any kind of situation as long as the dev just had some form of PR awareness
There's no need to be cutesy or coy for an announcement like this, or when you are responding to customers who are clearly concerned
All it does is make you look like a douchebag who doesn't care about the consumer. Which is probably true, but YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LET THEM KNOW THAT. That's bad jewing.

I'm not him but I feel pretty spooked right now. Best I screencap this thread and start a patreon to fund my weekly psychiatrist visits.

Attached: 1567058992104.png (520x390, 69K)

Didn't they lash out and just attack gamers in general ? they deserve whatever the fuck they got. The very last person you want to fucking virtue signal to is an actual gamer.

"Someone told me to fuck offf waaahhh hate speech" fucking kek. If you can't see the difference between telling someone to fuck off and saying you're going to slice someone's throat then I literally don't know what to say to you.

Think about the crucial difference between saying those two things.
>Fuck off.
>I'm going to slice your throat open.
Do you see a difference? I'll spell it out: One is a rude word, one is a threat on someone's life. You can't coerce someone by telling them to fuck off. You might be able to intimidate someone depending on how you say it, but literally threatening somone's life and telling someone to fuck off aren't even in the same ballpark.

So get fucked. (notice how I didn't threaten to kill you? That's what makes it ok!)

Fucking hate speech lol

I don't agree with the volume they got, but they sure as hell went in looking for a fight.

Its harassment and abuse and its never okay
dont be a bigot, you can and should do better

literally kill yourself you sub-human monkey-fucker

>People should be mad at valve because they dont offer the poor indies dev welfare!
Judging by the quality of these 'curated' exclusives and the fact that both Bamco and Sega disavowed EGS in spite of assured success, I cant help but think something is horribly wrong with the store

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Then bad products get sunk.

There, saved you 50 years of ideological combat.

>u suck
>OMG THE MEAN INTERNET PEOPLE ARE THREATENING ME WITH HATEFUL MESSAGES
Where is the fucking proof? Unless I see something other than "kys" or "u gay lol" these faggots can fuck off

Attached: 1446070755955.gif (320x193, 1.79M)

You can at least pretend like you read it
ooblets.com/2019/07/we-did-the-thing/
They clearly state why they did it and respond to backlash towards Epic that some people might have issues with.
The closest they did to call gamers "entitled manbabies" is that they call people who will "revenge pirate" the game "entitled" because that's exactly what it is.

I guess if that triggered you, you're very sensitive to common sense.

That's what guaranteeing sales is. The devs get paid for X copies before they're even sold. Nothing guarantees that the game will get any sales if it was released on Steam, but this way the devs can ensure that they will make enough money off it to keep going.

Well, it's owned by Chinese. Doesn't mean that Valve is excused for providing a worse environment for game devs.

Why do you think developers are entitled to sales?
Nobody is entitled to my money

>worse environment for devs
>anyone can put literally anything they want in there

I am

Honestly? Those devs deserve death. Just blow their brains out. Not because of the Epic exclusivity mind you, but because of their attitude. They think they're above their audience, and people who think that deserve to die.

Attached: 1268496627543.jpg (554x439, 106K)

am gonna kill u :) :)

Attached: 1562590473207.jpg (1080x1440, 164K)

but user they dont redistribute the wealth so that all video games sell equally, truely valve arent the good comrades that epic are

FPBP

Perhaps the same could be said of all launchers.

Attached: Dracula_r.jpg (600x764, 71K)

All faggots like this that whine about the internet being mean should be beaten irl to help them forget their trauma. :)

>we're gonna make a joke about going exclusive
>get death threats

the "punishment" does not fit the "crime"

What is a launcher?

You get death threats for doing literally anything on the internet.

The crime is being goybean consumers
these people shouldnt be allowed to live

You're right, death threats is nothing. Everyone who has been on the internet for a few months gets death threats. Actual death is more in line of what they should get.

They aren't. That's the point. That's why they accepted Epic's money.
I think you're slowly starting to understand it.

Not what I meant, but that's a good argument for me. Your game will be buried in a trashheap of achievement farming games unless you shill it everywhere.
What I meant was that Valve doesn't do the thing that Epic does to lure devs to their service. Valve even takes a larger cut.

It's like you're arguing against yourself, both of you.

a miserable pile of code

1. I've never received a death threat
2. Is it supposed to be that way?
>inb4 yeah just suck it up

But it fits their tone so well i wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t get it

>the punishment is literal text on a screen
man I feel so sorry for him bro lemme buy 10 copies of his game

Attached: marinanagasawa1008 - Baaq8n1lM_Z.jpg (1080x1350, 136K)

You're asking too much of /pol/tards that already want to murder people for being infidels and/or the wrong skin color and/or the wrong sexuality. At that point it's comparatively easier to justify murdering people over financial decisions of people in corporations you've funded.

I'm gonna kill you

unless you want to force everyone to use realid to access the internet and remove all forms of anonyminity then yes you will ALWAYS have death threats on the internet

Do you really think that removing death threats is a good enough reason to turn the entire internet into a facebook dystopia?

test

Or people could learn to keep their unnecessary thoughts to themselves?

Doesn't work when I know that you have no way of finding me. Ooblet devs probably have their office or home addresses accessible somewhere on their website.
And I doubt that you can dox me based on this post alone.

so you acknowledge that those were spurious, it doesn't make it OK. what it does is bolster Epic and demonize its critics

But enough talk! Have at your purchase!

>I'm gonna by 10 copies to own the entitled gamers!
do people actually do this

Who wouldn't be scared after getting a death threat from the hacker known as Yea Forums?
Honestly, you probably shouldn't underestimate threats directed at you from some random user in some random thread. The last thing you want is some autist that's packing e-heat and is legitimately pissed off at you for some god forsaken reason.
Paranoid bros WW@?

can only be enforced with real id
So ill ask again, Is removing death threats a good enough reason to turn the entire internet into a facebook dystopia?

The biggest problem with devs like these are breaking principles. If financial security comes first, why enter development in the first place?

Pretty much all of the successful indies / small dev projects were almost exclusively created out of the developers own bankrolls and pretty much by most of their own manpower, without the need for exorbitant funding. Granted, times have changed from when someone like Edmund Mcmillen and Tommy Refenes had to pretty much hope that their game made it on the digital stores to make some money atleast, but this kind of "buyout" strategy for a game that doesn't even exist to begin with is absolutely absurd.

Have people really forgotten that most people are very willing to sell out? You see a thick wad of cash, they will most likely be willing to grab it because most people are conditioned to see financial security as the paving stones for "development" time, which of course isn't true.

It's ironic that the truly great classics of our time have been made by people sitting in small apartments, by a group of close friends with a mindset of "Well make a great game" as opposed to these curated "Shop" products.

The problem is that it's mostly the gaming industry that has enabled this. A bunch of talentless, money hungry morons trying their wings at "game development" and produce jack shit, while having the social skills of a 12 year old.

Check it out, industrial grade stupid
>make shit rpgmaker soulsborne pixelshit indie """game"""
>nobody buys it because it looks like all the other shit rpgmaker soulsborne pixelshit indie """games"""
>Get no money
>WAAAAAAH STEAM'S FAULT!!!!
Try making a good game, why dont you?
And if putting a game exclusively on EGS is such a good idea, why do all the big guys avoid that? Cyberpunk and VTMB2 were not exclusive. BL3 is EGS exclusive for only 6 months and even that is because Randy is a colossal faggot in bed with Tim.
Jap companies have expressed complete lack on interest in EGS even though their business model would guarantee greater profits (they even admit to this point). Even those indies EGS is supposed to be helping have turned them down. Darq being the most recent example, but certainly not the only one-Terraria devs, Samsho devs, Factorio devs, the list goes on.
Its almost like there's more to being a successful videogame dev than fellating chinks and taking their money. Who knew?

lol no one was going to play this indie garbage anyways. you retards are only giving them attention they werent going to get without exclusivity

>There are enough unstable wackjobs on the internet that you can get death threats for sneezing
Then you have to be a drooling retard to take them serious. Just ignore them and dont jerk off over getting more hateful messages than other people as if that makes your game better

If only the egs wasn't a massive pile of shit, and didn't engage in such cancerous practices

I'm already in your house kiddo

Attached: 1452818120091.jpg (615x630, 35K)

nobody cares about online death threats other than attention whore e-journalists
Literally nobody will install the epic launcher and but this faggot's game because of said articles.

Insults via twitter are not threats

because Steam was the defacto monopoly so everyone (incorrectly) assumed it would be on Steam.

Oh no online death threats no one will follow through on
I don't care, calling a developer a faggot and saying you're going to kill his wife means literally nothing, grow up its empty words

Attached: 1536252244132.jpg (378x378, 47K)

even if the threats were fake, all it did was make Epic look good and it gained the developer pity points/potential sales.

so
well played

>defacto monopoly
AKA not a monopoly, faggot. Nothing was stopping the devs from releasing on Gog or even on their own without attaching to anything

I'm going to lick your face

>uses modern day slavery in west africa and general genocide as a comparison point to putting a game on a digital store front. -obblets dev

yeah calling him a faggot that should kill himself is totally unwarranted

Attached: bizarro2.gif (410x229, 33K)

>Egs
>No aaa games
Pick one coping subhuman, control goty 2019 is already out and Borderlands goty number 2 is coming and don't forget that ubisoft abandoned steam for epic, now kys.
>Only 6 months
That's enough based retardo and steam on the other side gets this

Attached: image(1).jpg (754x1194, 218K)

barely anyone even heard of the game before it went epic exclusive, I don't believe it.

If I had any interest in this, it'd be gone the moment I saw this retarded gif. Fuck this developer.

>why do all the big guys avoid that?
Because unlike AAA dev, indie devs can guarantee their games to sell.
Doesn't matter how good the game is if no one knows that it exists.

If I'm industrial grade stupid, what are you?

Daily reminder that "death threats" today is not the same as the mafia sending a message to someone 20 years ago, but when a 12 year old boy writes "kill yourself fagot" on social networks.

I don't demonize devs for doing this. But they need to acknowledge by now that dividing community is not something players want to happen and will be a backlash after exclusive deal. If you go with Epic store timed exclusive deal that means you are choosing money over public image.

>dude it's fake lmao
it still has weight to it.

>post bait
>people take it
>use it to bring fame and attention to your shitty product
>possibly even spin yourself off into the new phil phish or zoe quinn

This was a master class in trolling. As long as they keep a twitter presence they will be set for many years.

What does monopoly have to do with launch platforms? Nigoro launched La Mulana remake on Playism and Steam, both made decent sales for the amount of exposure the game had. Cave Story has also seen like a million of re-releases on different platforms and these still don't solely affect the sales numbers or exposure. The biggest salesman for most indie games is word to mouth exposure and this keeps the games selling (mostly in longer lifespans). You don't really need to look much further from Yea Forums to see how much of an influx it's had on the sales of something like Lobotomy Corporation.

If your product is good it'll eventually fly off the shelves, regardless of the platform. If your product is shit, it won't sell worth shit. If you're willing to take the risks of putting out a shitty product, you shouldn't take the plunge in the first place. Granted there are some stories of tragedy, but if your bankroll can't support the weight of putting out a videogame (indie or otherwise) why start the development in the first place and then cry foul when the response is full of vitriol?

When people are paying for a product (or whenever money is involved) they generally want their moneys worth, getting scammed isn't exactly looked as some respectable way to run a business (unless you're chinese). So why?

What exactly is the reason to go EGS exclusive, if you have no passion nor funding for your project in the first place?

>control
>AAA
retard
>implying anyone will buy ubishit through EGS when they need to use Uplay to play the game no matter what
>aka not exclusive
Complete fucking retard
Steam most recently is slated to get an Inti creates game next month, and six inti creates games in January. They're also getting Ori 2, Silksong, Remnant, Gears 5, Destiny 2, Megaman collections and every single game EGS holds starting this december with Hades
Meanwhile, EGS recently got a new exclusive. Wanna guess?
>unlike AAA devs, indies can't guarantee their games to sell
And yet they turned down EGS offers, something I mentioned in my post that you didnt read because it goes against your programmed narrative
So yeah, industrial grade stupid

Attached: beesim epic.png (1006x723, 560K)

>but when a 12 year old boy writes "kill yourself fagot" on social networks.
except teenagers have literally murdered people after making threats online. Why should they not be taken seriously?

I don't judge people, I just make fun of them.

>What exactly is the reason to go EGS exclusive

Fat stacks of cash, baybee! And all you gotta do is put it on one of the worst digital storefronts out there for a while

>he should've expected that level of vitriol
goes to show how bad things are now.

Attached: 1552321650526.png (1003x768, 958K)

Sorry, reading your posts is like traversing a swamp.
Some indie devs do it because they can't guarantee sales and want to know that they'll be able to make more games without taking major risks. This doesn't mean that all indie devs will do it. Maybe for the same sense of "pride" (drone mentality) that you have? Who knows.

I am going to nuke every single person ITT if you don't reply to me with you credit card info, you must take this death threat seriously because it's on the internet and you know internet people are always serious.

Attached: 1505963123082.jpg (480x360, 25K)

it only gets worse from here
let's push it, fuel it
Let's implode fucking video games once and for all

Or maybe they're afraid of the drones that send death threats and act like children when their baba is EGS brand rather than Steam brand.

sent :)

>no argument
>STEAMDRONE!
like clockwork. I accept your concession, chinks. Looks like you're gonna starve tonight

I don't think calling some unknown developers faggots will collapse the most lucrative industry in entertainment, but you are free to try.

DO IT

I remembered Yea Forums doxed some gamedev and used his CC number to buy 500 PS3s because he put longcat in his game.

Imagine these guy pulling of this shit in 2007.

>What exactly is the reason to go EGS exclusive
better revenue split and having the choice between not being on Steam and being on fucking Steam.

Attached: 1537899632766.png (600x400, 131K)

someone told me to kill myself right here on this very board like 8 minutes ago, and this happens all the time
you don't see me crying about it

>You can’t play the victim as you’re beating somebody down.

Why not, Jews have been doing it for 2000 years

Are you implying anybody on the internet knows what a joke is, or what to take seriously? Pic related.

Attached: Mods are Retarded.png (964x650, 122K)

more like ooflets

Not being on steam doesnt equal being on epic, chinkshill

Buy games, pirate games, play games. Getting mad about games? Retarded.

They think writing an indie game entitles them to fame and fortune. This is why they cry because Valve isn’t out there trying to sell their game for them while they post AOC memes on twitter (“Steam is not doing enough for us.”)

The problem with that idea is youll teach idiots that (You)s are a universal currency that are exchangeable online for anything. I mean, they are, but dont show them that

>they wanted financial security was pathetic and childish?
No, it's the other way around.

>free publicity
>for a Epic Game exclusivity deal with assured copies sold
You are a 100% super retard

Indie devs stew in this indie dev-game journalist environment where hatred of gamers is normal.

You always have that choice, there are other stores besides Steam that don't require you to sign an exclusivity deal.
You can also sell copies of your game on your own if you set up a payment processor, security, costumer service, servers, etc. But obviously hiring a launcher service is easier, which is why the vast majority of publishers use them or have their own.
The real reason for accepting that deal is that they receive risk free money upfront and apparently Epic is offering plenty of money, millions even.

Do you have enough self awareness to see what you just did or should we just leave it like this?
Seems to me like one major con of going to EGS is that people get extremely upset at you. I wonder how many more devs would opt to take the safe route if people weren't so assblasted about it, or if Valve offered a similar service.

You know, I play games on any platform and I don't keep favorites, but I'll defend devs who want to make sure that they can keep their apartment for another couple of months, and Steam does fuckall for them in that regard.

>better revenue split
So why are they not on Discord store then? Store with THE BEST SPLIT FOR DEVELOPERS!!!

They're not entitled to obtain financial security by helping evil chinks buy and sell their userbase like cattle. "Can we all agree"? No, we(people who care about video games) don't agree with you(corporatist bitch-boy bootlickers)

I think everyone already knows and agrees that actual death threats are pathetic and uncalled for. But I also think it's just as pathetic and childish for those calling "lol die" as "death threats".

But still, they deserved the backlash.

So it's OK to put trash on sale, give the developer their cash upfront and then have them run with the money? To me it sounds like an absolutely terrible business prospect. The need to deliver a product that SELLS also places responsibilities on the developing party. In the case of Epic, i can't believe the quality control being so functionate as to them actually having any interest to curate whatever gets tossed on the storefront (as Steam is struggling with this too). Running the small developers into a corner with pressuring them into signing exclusivity deals for exposure is such a honey trap that it can be smelled from a mile away. Epic uses the indie devs to inflate their storefront and hope to strike gold, so that games that eventually start to sell like hotcakes will make a complete fraction for them, while Epic takes the largest cut citing the "Exclusivity Deal" in giving them enough coverage for a game that might have made way better bucks if it was put on multiple platforms.

I acknowledge that you are a turbo faggot :DDD

Attached: 1548948929064.jpg (524x399, 34K)

U did it know user, I'm gonna find u and rape ur pooper hole

nah, death treats are fine. It's believing that your life is in danger actually is pathetic.

>people who care about videogames
>Yea Forums

Don't know what this game is, but even if I wanted to play it Tim already bought a copy for me so I can pick it up whenever.

Attached: Thanks tim.png (696x493, 335K)

Its a deal with the devil type scenario
goodwill and reputation in exchange for cold hard cash

based

Attached: 1339998986085.jpg (1349x1049, 383K)

No, fuck you and fuck those devs

>Non-threatening animation pokemon clone
No thanks, I'm not gay.

Attached: 1428674941779.gif (260x166, 509K)

FPBP. Death threats aren't okay, but with all the shit they said just because they knew they'd get backlash it's not like they're completely free of blame.

Fuck off, Ben. You know what you did.

don't give a fuck about steam or epic, is this game actually good? looks like a meme game that gets old after 5 minutes

retards keep looking for the tweet and re-screenshooting it instead of just googling it

>all the shit they said just because they knew they'd get backlash
Oh, yes, infuriating statements such as "pirating games because they're on another game store is pretty much the definition of "entitled"".

i want to fuck the ooblets girl

>make unpopular announcement right after receiving patreon money
>talking down to consumers and pissing them off
>mocking consumers for choosing to not buy your game pissing them off even more
Yeah no way that could go wrong. Im sure Ooblets has hit 500k sales by now

>why are you so mad when MUH GLOBAL WARMING exists?
lmao that was next level logic from them.

In the same vein, why would I waste my money on games like Ooblet when I could be donating it to feeding starving kids in Africa?

>support kickstarter
>your reward tier literally promises a copy of the game
>"lol no one owes you anything! thanks for the money!"
actually fuck this guy

You're in support of handing out cash to devs regardless of the actual quality of their product? Fuck off shill.

>not sure if shitty meme game is gonna sell so take Sweenybucks while Epic can still afford it
>yeah sure go for it everybody's gotta eat right
>shit on fans/backers for being understandably pissed at you instead of apologising or explaining why the Sweenybucks works out better in the long run

wow who could've seen this happening :((

Attached: 1565597878839.jpg (257x529, 25K)

I'm in support of as much money as possible going into developing games, especially if it's not my money and the game looks good.
What, you don't like video games?

Then you shouldn't be in support of EGS as they only give money to games that are ready to launch.

seriously if they just explained that they got a good deal and apologized to the people who were getting their kikestarter copy on console, they would be getting only a fraction of the hate they're getting now.
how could they be this dumb?

>I'm in support of as much money as possible going into developing games, especially if it's not my money and the game looks good
Except in this case (and quite a few egs exclusives) you're wrong on both accounts you fucking inbred

Rather than being honest and saying you just want the bucks, you take the bucks and shit on the people that trusted you before the game was even something concrete
I will never understand these fucks that get money and become arrogant retards

Attached: 1558360660361m.jpg (1024x617, 94K)

A dev game went EGS exclusve shortly after the Ooblets fiasco. The dev outright admitted that he ran out of money and needed more funds so he took EGS up on their offer to build the game of his vision. He got nothing but respect

Attached: now this is epic.jpg (725x203, 61K)

How is that a problem? You don't think they'll make more games with the money?

>not my money
check
>looks good
check
How am I wrong?

>You don't think they'll make more games with the money?
They will waste the money, then go ask publisher for more.

What am I supposed to be upset at?

Can you read my fortune, too?

I fucking lost so hard

>not my money
Go tell that to the patreon funders
>looks good
>that dogshit memegame looks good
Ok your shit taste is your problem

wow, they must be really full of themselves. I guess they think is the best thing on this planet. Which can't be true because I make the best games on this rotten planet.

Attached: 1566104558603.jpg (700x742, 57K)

you don't have to be psychic to learn history.

>Go tell that to the patreon funders
I'm not a patreon funder
>Ok your shit taste is your problem
Oooh it makes sense now.
You never cared about the game to begin with.

who said be upset? Is that all you think about?

game dev has a patreon?
what am I supposed to feel?

Fpbp

Attached: 1563509555366.jpg (600x541, 43K)

>Recieve a guarantee that you will make money on a game you release, at the cost of your public image
>Make an announcement that is very intentionally passive-aggressive in the hopes of convincing someone to tell you to kys for selling out, which you can then parade as a death threat
>You now have the money and your public image is intact
Outstanding play.

they'd have a better image if they played the pity card and said we need the guaranteed because we're poor and didnt treat the supporters like shit

With the way the Internet is now, being the victim of mean words gets you way more sympathy points than being the victim of financial hardship

OK now post someone actually being killed after claiming they received death threats. You won't be able to.

Is it? Only morons would fall for that.

Most developers take that route. It's apparent to everyone that Epic's exclusivity money is a good deal. Phoenix Point's developer even said they could refund every kickstarter backer, sell 0 copies and still make a profit.
All they had to do was to not mock their potential audience.

Sympathy from whom though?

Childish and happy fat fucks.

Honestly, unless these threats contain dox or other sensitive information there's a 99.99% chance that it's hot air. Another thing to consider is that if no one bothered to kill Anita, no one's gonna bother to kill you. That's not to say that being on the receiving ends of these threats isn't spooky, but with all the pearl clutching from normies I can't help but think about how easy it is to thoughtlessly send empty death threats this day and age, you don't even need to bother cutting up magazines to send threatening messages. You can fire off a random death threat in 5 seconds and forget about it by noon. How the fuck do you curb that without being excessive? What punishment fits that crime?

>unless these threats contain dox or other sensitive information there's a 99.99% chance that it's hot air
fortunately it seems that even the normies are waking up to this