Captain, if the Federation is so great why are there dozens of good Star Wars games but no good Star Trek ganes?

Captain, if the Federation is so great why are there dozens of good Star Wars games but no good Star Trek ganes?

Attached: 5BE4F4D3-F115-49D7-91A5-CD39D7A8E1F2.jpg (320x240, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation_–_A_Final_Unity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Starfleet_Academy
youtube.com/watch?v=xy5jAixHhSA
youtu.be/DfTaMzV4oFo
memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Dukat#Appendices
youtube.com/watch?v=Cdzth1Qa3P0
imgur.com/a/l9k0rOp
youtube.com/watch?v=6Kn6S6_TEqU
youtube.com/watch?v=e7WZq9USk5c
youtube.com/watch?v=bAM2dEEulBk
youtube.com/watch?v=_a8HN_r47OI
youtube.com/watch?v=7oiTLoapvrE
youtube.com/watch?v=_bZKEhgieoc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because the thing that makes Star Trek good is it's philosophical questioning of the nature of man and his place in the universe, as well as exploring the unknown. Such things are either impossible or very difficult to replicate in a video game. Star Wars is spectacle. It's easy to pilot a fighter ship for a dog fight. Such things are easily translatable. But how would you translate a holodeck malfunction? Or fixing a ships warp field? What about diplomatic relations with a species that has just discovered warp tech? Or how about discovering which of your crew was replaced by a changeling?

That star trek fps on the q3 engine was bretty good.

Tell me Gul, why don't you do more squats?

Attached: c98d7a5e5a[1].jpg (1902x1390, 220K)

YOU BETRAYED YOUR UNIFORM

MAJOR SHUT THAT THING OFF COMMANDER WORF PREPARE TO LAUNCH TORPEDOES

>take a normal human
>glue some ridges on to their face or maybe jam a calculator in their forehead
>call it a day
Why are Star Trek alien designs so lazy?

Because they're all based around budget.

Elite Force is godly

I dunno. Some kind of Stellaris like game, but Star Trek.

>The Orville season 3 is going to be Hulu exclusive
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING!?

Too be far the Cardassian design is probably the best of all the mainstream Trek races

Oh shit, you just reminded me of the god damn Space Jews.

Attached: 1557966233068.png (640x360, 439K)

Attached: dead rising.webm (960x720, 2.48M)

Attached: Didn't the war officially start when the Dominion started coming through my ass.gif (500x372, 1.39M)

Fuck you, Dukat.

Attached: Sisko is pissed.jpg (692x530, 100K)

Attached: Riker oil.webm (960x720, 1.77M)

Attached: 6f2c7f803a[1].jpg (1420x1610, 235K)

Attached: Troi knocks out Picard.webm (960x720, 475K)

Make Cardassia Great Again!

just play Mass Effect it's the same shit

Because it doesn’t really matter what the aliens look like. Although I feel you, that was one of the reasons it was hard for me to initially get into Trek.

Cardassia has always been great. It wasn't until we invited in the foreigners that things went to shit.

Attached: 1383235336166.jpg (320x320, 9K)

Gordi did you just drop your fucking phaser in the Oil? You idiot.

Whenever I see a Star Trek race, I can only imagine what their equivalent of Playboy must look like.

Here's to hoping that, someday, we can get past the "glue bumps onto their forehead" make-up of the past. Someday. Eventually.

Garak became a Feddie apologist by the end, fuck him

Attached: 1546738601775.jpg (692x530, 105K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation_–_A_Final_Unity

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Starfleet_Academy

If you are a Star Trek fan and can stand playing some old games. These are fantastic.

>dukat

look how they massacred my boy.

people shit on the early seasons but i really liked jr officer bashir getting shit on by a commander all the time in starfleet and dax being a being with hundreds of years of experience acting like a bit of spock before she became quirky jadzia.

also those Klingon episodes were hot fire.

Attached: super warp.webm (960x720, 1.79M)

She was gambling with ferengi by season 1. DS9 is pretty good throughout. Actually gets weaker toward the end, contrary to what other people say

S4-5 is peak DS9. 6-7 have some great stuff but yeah, it goes downhill a little.

The TOS point and clicks are good to. 25th anniversary...

>no good star trek games
Trek (1971, mainframes)
Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator (1983, arcade)

BRAG ALL YOU WANT BUT DONT GET BETWEEN ME AND THE BLOODWINE.

Attached: Lysian Central Command.webm (960x720, 879K)

Attached: 20190829_190201.jpg (4032x2268, 2.08M)

Attached: 20190829_190149.jpg (4032x2268, 2.79M)

Noice.
Anyone remember an online deathmatch star trek game? It was ship to ship combat, and overhead. I don't think it was official.
Browser based. You had to manage your fore, aft and side shields, plus cloaking tech etc...

Man Sisko was a crazy motherfucker

Attached: 6A84AC56-150A-46E3-90C9-BAFF5E460714.gif (367x278, 1.96M)

Attached: 1548703984582.jpg (1200x675, 337K)

Thankfully in a Star Trek setting this is where I start smashing my combadge and get someone to beam me out of the morgue rather than do 10 minutes of jumpscare trying to escape

I hated that episode. It's good until the end where Sisko has that awful plan where he and and Dax go on to act smug about it as if they outsmarted Eddington because he got upset at Sisko committing an atrocity. To be willing to make a planet uninhabitable while the people on the planet haven't even begun to evacuate and try to pass it off as you just "playing the villain" is retarded, if he were playing the villain the way he acted like he was he would have tricked Eddington into thinking he committed something villainous, he wouldn't have avtually done it. Sisko should have been court-martialed for what he did, and he should be a court-martialed for a lot of what he does but that was the worst of it, and the crew of the Defiant should have been punished for going along with his ridiculous order, which they clearly realized was horrible considering they all responded in shock at what he was doing.

I get that DS9 is supposed to show a darker side of Trek and Sisko isn't always going to go for the most moral and righteous way to resolve an issue, but that episode goes too far in trying to convey that, he still has principles and what he does there doesn't seem in line with them. In the Pale Moonlight, which had the same writer surprisingly considering how much better that episode is, gets the point across much better with Sisko doing something that isn't even half as bad as what he does in For the Uniform, but being troubled by it anyway instead of joking around about it with Dax because he has morals and shouldn't be so eager to betray them, and with him having a good reason to do what he does and to be able to live with it, unlike For the Uniform where he was just being petty.

Why is everyone so fond of that double fist move in Star Trek?

Attached: 1564683787111.png (975x226, 56K)

rape gangs

Attached: 1565734002124.jpg (876x1079, 222K)

It's the most powerful move in Trek.

Attached: Gorn fight.webm (960x720, 2.98M)

The Federation a shit

youtube.com/watch?v=xy5jAixHhSA

Could be worse.

Attached: average day in starfleet.webm (960x720, 1.84M)

>due a past earth episode where siskos a science fiction writer in the 50s.
>no one told sisko the story at all just dressed his ass up and started filming
>avery brooks gets so passionate and crazy he breaks down in tears trying to convince them hes sisko.
>makes everyone uncomfortable.

kek

Attached: Data stabs Troi.webm (960x720, 2.98M)

my dad showed me this move, you can incapacitate a grown man with just one strike of a double fist attack
he used it on someone so he knows it works

The way Avery Brooks acts in the earlier seasons is weird to me, he does that odd laugh and the way he pitches up his voice sometimes is strange too. It's most noticeable when he's on the beach in the first episode, I'm glad he settled into the role more overtime.

It's only uninhabitable to humans. They traded it with the cardassians in the end.
Still retarded, and still pretty much everything you said tho...

My dad used it on a lizard and had to wash his hands.

Yeah, but there were humans on it at the time. I could even forgive him making the planet uninhabitable, as in totally uninhabitable, if not for the fact that he did it while people were still on it and he knew they hadn't even begun to evacuate, that's the most fucked up part of it.

If ~~Damar~~ Dukat is so great, why won't he drink Kanar with me?

that ds9 computer game is pretty cool.

Did he also use a makeshift cannon on the lizard?

Yeah but they had plenty of time iirc. It wasn't like it was going to hit them like a hurricane and wipe them all out.
Shouldn't be going rogue like that at all.

youtu.be/DfTaMzV4oFo

He learned everything he knew from star trek. I just wish we could free him from the transporter buffer.

I sure hope it's been rig so his patter doesn't degrade.

Attached: transport.webm (960x720, 2.96M)

I'm ded

Considering there was a need for a warning to begin with and him giving the order to launch the torpedoes while there were still people on the planet was met with such shock bye everybody would leave me to believe that they must take effect quick enough, not instantaneously, or quick enough to guarantee some deaths, but I would assume it was at least quick enough that people dying was a realistic risk, otherwise the others wouldn't have responded the way they did to the specific order of firing on the planet when no preparations were being made to leave it. That'd just be my assumption based on everyone's response though, if they talked about the specifics of how soon the planet would become uninhabitable then I don't remember it.

Wonder why it would ever be rigged differently...

>Tell me, Yea Forums.
>How many games do you see?

Attached: you_are_underage_banned.png (719x548, 408K)

If Cardazia is so great how come they can't write more than one fucking ending?

I suppose. Either way, it was a shitty thing to do. He and Janeway are written pretty inconsistently. Still like both series.
And tbf TNG as a whole is rife with inconsistent morals.

Attached: 1554793810883.jpg (680x1020, 56K)

THERE

ARE

NO
GAMES

You see that planet above the next generation logo? I thought it was picard's head as soon as I saw it.

i miss this little nogga like you wouldn't believe

Attached: star-trek-deep-space-nine-nog.jpg (750x422, 26K)

>like the Borg ship designs a lot
>only games that let me play as the Borg are the Armada games and the mods for Sins of a Solar Empire and Stellaris
Anyone played that mod for Homeworld Remastered? Is it any good?

Attached: STFC_Still_7404-e28b863.jpg (2943x1969, 966K)

Away Team gets no love but it was pretty sweet

This guy gets it. Star Trek games were a thing in the 90s and early 2000s. Too early for Yea Forums. Some of them were good.

Star Trek itself is pretty dead now. Nobody is going to spend 50+ million on a Star Trek game.

Attached: images(2).jpg (182x268, 17K)

>sympathetic Nazi officer

Fuck. Off. Now.

You cannot convince me, in any capacity, that these people were human. The second they signed up to a fascist regime their lives are forefeet.

>mfw watching the franchise for the first time and trying to get through TNG season 1
Jesus, I'd rather be watching TOS S3 again, atleast buried in tons of shit there were some great episodes like Tholian Web, but TNG S1 is just mindnumbing blandness.

Attached: daisy-duck-dark-disney-suicide-Favim.com-177100.jpg (500x400, 107K)

Too much dominion war which washes out the true strength of ds9, the character development

They’re not human, they’re Cardassian

Attached: FC83EC6C-2A74-4BCF-9344-25749E77AC3C.png (720x543, 482K)

I still play a final unity every few years or so, and would honestly recommend it to anyone.
Its essentially a 5-8ish episode arc from TNG, stuff you're doing at the start doesn't seem relevant to each other but parts start clicking into place. Fully voiced by all the main guys from TNG. Performances range from actually pretty fucking good to "Deanna troi doesn't realise this will be her career later and is a fucking disaster" I honestly swear a few of them must have done this and gone "holy shit its good pay for no acting" since so many went on to VA work later. Also the Romulans actually invade for once, that's nice. Plus its solved entirely in a TNG-appropriate manner.

I miss you Garak.

Attached: r7Zm7wqmjGEBxz6J9Cw7X-b-TbkZXCFSnMLQEImTH1k.jpg (640x649, 65K)

It's from early professional wrestling and was used a lot in old western movies. They just took what was popular at the time for close contact fights and never bothered changing it for future series.

Yeah, but what's the in-universe reason?

Don't worry user. It'll get better eventually.

Attached: Enterprise D warp.webm (960x720, 307K)

The Federation was the only thing that could stop the dominion and free Cardassia. He had to make a deal with the devil to reclaim independence for his home.

Attached: Holodeck fight.webm (960x704, 2.91M)

Attached: Holodeck fight2.webm (960x704, 2.64M)

He didn't even care about that in the end, he just wanted to get back at the Dominion, the Cardassia he knew was gone and he knew it.

you kind of permanently btfo the premise of the thread but if its alright with you I would like to keep having this exact thread 2 or 3 times a week because all the guys in it are so nice.

>Ctrl+f bridge commander
>0 results
Shame

There hasn't been a good star wars game in decades.

Whenever KOTOR 2 came out.

Fifteen years ago

Attached: F4F5054F-18C7-41CB-AAEA-579B9FD41921.jpg (550x366, 60K)

It is a very good ending. Why vary?

So what was the point of Ezri Dax? She shows up for so little of the actual show, it seemed pretty pointless to just have her show up for the final season.

PS3 has no game
Take off your nostalgia-goggles. The writing was absolutely shitty

Terry Farrell wanted to reduce her role on the show so they killed her character off, but they didn't want to completely get rid of Dax.

So Dukat could dab on a main character

Attached: 557EF902-B5C9-4767-9BC6-62D31CE95426.jpg (762x582, 57K)

O'Brien is the key to all of this.

What made DS9 villains so great?
Is the shows format that let them be more recurring?
I feel like I could rewatch DS9 no problem, yet have doubts about rewatching TNG

>Good tier: A villain who is simply doing what he sees as best for his people.

Just go and play 25th Anniversary, Judgement Rites and A Final Unity. They're the closest to playing episodes of the show any games have come.

Attached: Star Trek - 25th Anniversary_1.jpg (256x160, 11K)

Watching all of the 90s series makes me want a story of running a ship, fostering their talent, assigning them to different roles and exploring space. It's sad that mass effect of all things is the closest we'll ever get.

Marc Alaimo straight up refused to play Dukat as the kind of villain he was written as. Anyone else in that role would have played him the way the writers had originally intended and he would've been shit

Attached: why is it always DS9 this and DS9 that.webm (640x480, 1.37M)

Is this the kind of shit you learn if you actually watch all the special feature stuff on the DVDs? Actually, how good are the bonus features on the various trek series?

Attached: Borg_fusion_cube.jpg (554x538, 88K)

Got it from Memory Alpha actually. Most of the DS9 crew have something to say about their characters and their development and what they did and didn't enjoy doing while playing them. Bonus points for stuff like Armin Shimmerman and Max Grodenchik hiring a mime to teach them how to carry an invisible box for an episode, or Andrew Robinson admitting he played Garak as openly flirting with Bashir in his first appearance because a good spy would be ready to hit on anyone

memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Dukat#Appendices

>data could easily just grab and pull him up
>geordi fucking drops his phaser into the oil after jogging three steps
Early tng is fucking bad

Tar man didn't want them to help Riker.

Attached: Tasha Yar dies.webm (960x720, 1.35M)

Attached: 1436722723105.jpg (1250x810, 1.15M)

Attached: 1436721455433.jpg (2919x1960, 1.96M)

lol nerd

Attached: 31779322_701134513344064_482558409137192960_n[1].jpg (480x480, 38K)

>there is good Babylon 5 game
>it is Freespace 2 total conversion stand alone mod
Better than nothing (cancelled B5 game would have great OST)

What the hell was Cardassia doing having its fucking core worlds all right on the eastern edge and still being unable to properly pacify Bajor even though nobody gave a SHIT about bajor until like 40 years in. Cardassia is within fucking spitting distance of a bunch of uncontrolled neutral sectors, a rabidly aggressive northern threat and the looming fucking feds.

So what the fuck?

The Stellaris mod is actually pretty good, but it also doesn't tackle a lot of the things he mentioned.

He can’t keep getting away with it!

>Tell me john, if the farscape project was so successful, why aren't there any Farscape games at all?

Attached: 9eCZx.jpg (340x255, 60K)

Budget but there is an actual episode of TNG that explains why pretty much everyone is boring humanoids.

>It's an isekai epsidoe

Attached: Star.Trek.The.Next.Generation.S04E20.Qpid.1080p.BluRay.x264.mkv_snapshot_22.40_[2019.08.29_15.14.24] (1440x1080, 649K)

>t. Ds9 writers, before the direct character assassination midway through season 6 to the end of season 7

>Star Trek: The Next Generation - A Final Unity
when remastered?

>Sisko literally killed millions and got away with it
Based

Wait this is the one that doesn't have shit quality

Attached: Fed Map.jpg (4486x2596, 1.68M)

Decadely reminder that this man is so insigificant and unimportant to his fellow crew members he actually died and they took on a parallel universe version of him and carried on like it was nothing.

No funeral, not even a tear.

Attached: literally_not_even_the_original.jpg (300x300, 11K)

>Because the thing that makes Star Trek good is it's philosophical questioning of the nature of man and his place in the universe
>every single movie is jewish hollywood schlock where the primary theme is killing your dad

That's because the first season is basically just a continuation of TOS with a new cast and better tech, things improve once Riker grows a beard.

>reddit frog poster
>Phone poster
Pure cancer

Cause its no where near as popular as Star Wars, has almost zero flash (not a bad thing but not a selling point for a game either.) Trek probably functions best as some sort of strategy game but those arent doing well right now. The popular genres of games right now...you couldnt really force Star Trek into those genres. Like the first reply said.

How the fuck did the Cardassians and Klingons have a war if the Federation was between them, better yet why is their Federation space beyond the empire?

Reminder that it was Patrick Stewart who was pushing for more action scenes for Picard in show and movies, to the point the entire buggy scene in Nemesis was his idea

Attached: picard tuvok.jpg (720x480, 32K)

Fuck the Scarrans.

Attached: Scarran war.webm (640x480, 1.62M)

Because the Federation is just that, a Federation of planets. They have member worlds that are on the other side of Klingon and Romulan space. Presumably they made contact with them during peace with the Klingons.

Attached: Picard kidnapped.webm (960x720, 2.89M)

>John probably would have agreed if the peacekeepers and then scorpius had approached the situation in any way except exactly the one way they would ever approach it.

Tragic

Attached: Picard kills Picard.webm (960x704, 739K)

>You will never have a psychotic genius living in your mind giving you advice on how to survive while also trying to mind-break you

RIP

Attached: latest[2].png (580x747, 658K)

What a shame.

Attached: Earth Centauri battle.webm (854x480, 1.23M)

K

>No game set in the lead up to the Peacekeeper War
>No game set in the ensuing power struggle
>You will never talk to a Pilot of a LIVING ship

>tfw you will never destroy a Scarran dreadnought.

Attached: Scarran Dreadnought destroyed.webm (640x480, 2.61M)

>I have no prayer for that
God I wish we got to see more of that shit

Most of the movies were retellings of moby dick.

The first movie had an amazing concept.
The voyager we sent un the, 60s?, became hyper advanced and a threat. Though, you can see that story of any a.i going crazy.

>Riker 100%done
>tasa dead
>looks like she broke her fucking neck

Other than that, a meh, episode.

Alaimo sounds super based and Behr comes of as trying conceal how mad he is about his writing getting one upped by the actor

Have some m ore Riker user.

Attached: Anbo-jyutsu.webm (960x704, 2.89M)

Best character.

>tfw you get everything you wanted but lost everything you cared about.

Attached: Centauri bombardment.webm (850x476, 1.87M)

Lost intrest in that picard show when the trailer was that generic "shes someone special, a fighter with uber 24th centurat karate" shtick.

I wanted to explore the unknown possibilities of existence Q was talking about.

Attached: RsX0QuJ.gif (500x207, 857K)

>This entire bit was basically ad-libbed and was so good they had to get the sound guys to do a special bit of work to fill the music in.
youtube.com/watch?v=Cdzth1Qa3P0
Still fucking blows my mind.

O'Brien did it first.

Technically the entire crew got wiped out throughout several timelines.
Also happened to Jake as well technically

I think the unknown possibilities he was talking about was making friends. I.e, the poker scene at the end.

Attached: BwAE4l8CMAEN4ec.jpg (500x373, 19K)

Q was shit and got progressively worse as ST went on

>Rewatching TNG
>surprisingly nostalgic even though I could have sworn I watched the show all the time as a kid.

>Start DS9
>Lots of vaguely familiar characters.
>Lots of TNG characters showing up as part of the main cast
>entire episodes I remember the plot to

I'd been worshiping a false god the whole time!

Nah, i liked his episodes, save for voyager.
Well, that one Q that wanted to die was cool. Since no Q has ever experienced death. Could have been handled better though.

Qs episodes made it like a twilight zone episode. Among other episodes. I think thats what made star trek really special besides all the poltical stuff.

Test

>Also happened to Jake
That was an alternate future that never happened due to time travel

I started Voyager recently and Paris is a cool dude, why do people hate him again?

You're probably right, Voyager has just mangled a lot of my memory of him

Attached: 1544056235221.png (960x908, 1.75M)

>Nana Visitor had to point out how stupid it was for Kira to fall in love with Dukat

Who doesn't Kira fall in love with?

niggas firing bakugans

How do writers so shit manage to make something so good?
Was DS9 really carried by actors alone?

He has immense powers and the whole reason they can't help each other is because he wants to break their bonds and morals.

Xcom game where you play as a special tactical security team protecting ambassadors n' shiet strung together with short cuscenes and convos between missions.

Or just play mass effect

What would DS9 have been like if it had Ro Laren in Kira's role as originally planned?

When they did the documentary they did a reading for a sort of season 8 and they made Kira a Vedek and Sisko didn't return for 20 fucking years.
God knows how they pulled it off but no wonder Avery Brooks wanted nothing to do with the documentary

I seem to mainly remember only the dumb stuff from TNG.
>omg, we were surrounded by 2D space plankton all this time!
holy fuck

Because he is white.

Lmao, I'm rewatching DS9 right now and I refuse to believe that writes this incompetent could create something this good.

Yea, season 7 ending was pretty bad.
To be honest people mostly remember DS9 for the characters

Anyone else getting
>Connection Error
When trying to post?

Input from the cast and crew mostly helped.
It was the same deal for Farscape, if the actor gets to make decisions for that character then they end up playing that character better.

>Captain Nog dies in the opening episode
>Vedek Kira with a secret army of Jem'Hadar
>Bashir is head of Section 31

Image posting is fucked for me right now so take this
imgur.com/a/l9k0rOp

wow im playing the nes and sega genesis star trek games and they are awfullllllllll

Martial Arts they're taught in the academy. They make fun of it a couple of times in DS9 iirc.

I like her more than Jadzia, I would have rathered she had replaced Jadzia earlier. I know it wasn't by choice that they got rid of Jadzia to begin with, but ideally if she was going to be off the show, I would have preferred it had been done earlier

God that shits so retarded.
I hate how DS9 made a big point of setting up and tearing down Section 31 as a concept and yet every ST these days has them be fucking everywhere.

I hate everything I'm reading.

Better than Chakotay space native bullshit.
There's a lot of thing I'm willing to accept exists in many centuries from now, and muh native heritage isn't one of them, not after WW3 and eugenic wars

Martial Arts they're taught in the academy. They make fun of it a couple of times in DS9 iirc.

>Bashir kills Nog and Kira has her own secret army of Jem'Hadar but it's all cool because Sisko is back

Attached: 1551726890661.gif (500x281, 804K)

This is worse than fanfiction

The Star Trek mod for Sins of a Solar Empire is genuinely great.

Attached: Nausicaan fight.webm (960x720, 2.37M)

Klingon controlled space may also go under/over federation space since space is 3d and all that.
It would be limited due to the spiral and flat nature of the Galaxy.

Armada III is really fun, and Ages of the Federation seems to be shaping up nicely too, though the AI seems to be pretty braindead in the beta.

Attached: 20190301225728_1.png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

The Narn got the war they always wanted aswell.

Don't die on me again. I only have ten clones of you left.

Attached: Kathryn_Janeway_1498089230.jpg (900x900, 67K)

>Section 31
One of the worst things to happen to Star Trek, because it allows any hack to have some plot about people manipulating shit behind the scenes and think they're galaxy brain writers.
That other user had it right, it was great that DS9 went to the effort of tearing down Section31

>Benjamin Sisko helps design the Defiant class of Escort vessels during his time at Utopia Planitia
>Benjamin Sisko becomes the first Captain of a Defiant class Escort vessel

Funny how life works out

Attached: 1473453386550.jpg (800x600, 74K)

Literally designed so he could fuck the Borg for what they did.
Then Worf is the cunt who steals it to actually fight the Borg

This shit gave me nightmares as a child.

Shame it exploded.

I think Sisko was in the badlands with Eddington hunting those Maquis missiles at the time.

Attached: Defiant destroyed.webm (800x600, 2.17M)

ELLAMARAINE

COUNT TO FOUR

Half way through season 7 of DS9 and holy shit those alternate universe eps are filler as fuck

Well it's not like it was a coincidence; he specifically asked Starfleet to allow him to take it back to DS9 with him after briefing them about the Dominion threat.

Because you need to see the actors' faces and the expressions they make. That's why people like Trek aliens. Something that STD got completely wrong.

Attached: star trek-ds9-quark latnumgasm.gif (245x188, 1008K)

Okay yes but I'd let Mirror Ezri kick me in the balls until she got bored

Attached: 1432577043053.jpg (835x763, 35K)

>Something that STD got completely wrong.
They were a little better about that after cutting back in s2. Still not great, but at least most of the Klingon actors don't sound like they can barely move their mouths anymore. Those unneccesary design choices in s1 really fucked things up big time though, and all for a retarded showrunner that left after the first 3 episodes.

Attached: 1561015080179.jpg (650x632, 177K)

so all the TNG movies are trash and not worth seeing even after i've watched the full series right

Same O'Brien, pulled from the future.

Elite Force 1 & 2 are awesome.

Attached: Star_Trek_Voyager_-_Elite_Force_(PC)_04.jpg (1280x1024, 277K)

I still have to play 2... The only thing I remember from it is interrogating the ferengi

Ezri and Jadzia were both hot as fuck

>tfw when your copy of Vulkan Love Slave is damaged

How the fuck am I gonna explain this to the Holodeck operator?

Attached: 1550392775627.png (580x548, 293K)

That scream was horrifying

>they had to make an episode where he goes crazy in a cave just to make the fans stop siding with him

The TNG movies are terrible but you should still watch them.

Attached: Enterprise E space.webm (1280x544, 2.53M)

Season 5 was shit but the whole londo arc in it is heartwrenching

If you sat through Starship Mine (s6e18), you can make it through the movies. Just go in with low expectations and you'll be fine.

Bonus round: If you make it all the way and watch Nemesis, look up all the cut scenes (and the early script reading between Tom Hardy and Patrick Stewart) on Youtube afterwards and forever be burdened with the knowledge that it could've actually been a decent film if they'd just let someone else (like Frakes) direct.

Attached: 1561035052914.jpg (1070x851, 151K)

fpbp
You could probably make a decent game built around running the various subsystems that make a starship work, almost like a city builder, but just because you put the Star Trek label on it doesn't really mean it has anything to do with Star Trek
It'd be like making a game about the Twilight Zone, there's very little you can do to turn a dramatic story into a workable game system

First Contact is great.

Attached: maxresdefault (13).jpg (1280x720, 155K)

TNG is the only star trek show worth watching
FACT.

>TNG
>Not DS9
Faggot.

Attached: 1433216651376.webm (300x236, 1.32M)

cringe

Don't install the rape gangs mod. It turns the game into a fapgame which you lose interest in as soon as you nut.

Attached: 1454359185713.jpg (1438x1080, 813K)

>Because the thing that makes Star Trek good is it's philosophical questioning of the nature of man and his place in the universe, as well as exploring the unknown. Such things are either impossible or very difficult to replicate in a video game.
>best star wars game still has people making daily threads 15 years later

>humans outside the perfect Federation live in dystopian shitholes filled with rape gangs

Real subtle Gene

Attached: Holodeck riker_degenerate.png (592x449, 151K)

Attached: Holodeck Obrian Degenerate.png (652x179, 36K)

what the fuck is going on with the site?

See SS13

Attached: 2412.png (1006x137, 35K)

Attached: Mugato.webm (960x720, 2.72M)

Attached: Holodeck Barcklay 1.png (1233x131, 38K)

Remember that episode where the Federation gives guns to bronze age tribes just because the Klingons were doing it?

Could you fuck off and take your literal shit memes with you please

*heavy voice* NO

They will be different times.

RELEASE THE FORCEFIELD

good thread

Attached: 94592835.jpg (474x362, 36K)

Welcome to the future of weapon design

Attached: 1511299991329.jpg (1030x766, 194K)

>beam width control
>beam intensity control
>trigger
So. Three buttons. How does one actually control the inensity and width then? Is it simply a system where the level rises with each press until it hits max level and then resets to zero? Because that's not very efficient.

No, it still hurts user.

They described the game at the time as having real life physics, so you had inertia. Way ahead of its time.

I think the future of weapons design is like the weapons we have now, but autotargetting. So as long as you are close, computers and gyros will hit the thing you are aiming for.

>Because that's not very efficient.

>This is a standard issue Cardassian phase-disruptor rifle.
>It has a 4.7 megajoule power capacity
>three-millisecond recharge,
>two beam settings.

>How do you know so much about Cardassian weapons?

>We captured a lot of them during the occupation.
>It's a good weapon-- solid, simple.
>You can drag it through the mud and it'll still fire.
>Now, this... this is an entirely different animal
>Federation standard issue.
>It's a little less powerful
>but it's got a lot more options.
>16 beam settings.
>Fully autonomous...recharge...
>multiple target acquisition...
>gyro stabilized, the works.
>It's, um, a little more complicated
>So it's not as good a field weapon.
>Too many things can go wrong with it.

>I can see why my father likes having you around.

>I think, um...
>You should stick with the Cardassian rifle.
>It's smaller, easier to use, and if we get boarded
>I don't want you to have to think too much about the weapon you're using.
-Deep Space Nine -Return to Grace

A primitive like you wouldn't understand the advances made in button technology.

>Stop my invincible android

Imagine hating the fuck out of Cardassians but being forced to admit that they make good shit

>This is a Cardassian rifle. It is very good at killing Cardassians.

So invincible it gets incapacitated or outright taken over on several occasions.

Attached: Riker shoots his waifu.webm (960x720, 2.3M)

>BLLWG
>HLWGG

Attached: 3uiedel8w2bq.png (692x530, 351K)

>dozens
>good
>Star Wars
Nice joke, borg. There's only 5.

Aren't starfleet officers supposed to have a shit-ton of free time devoted to martial arts training in the holodecks?

At that setting it should have destroyed the building.

Phasers are a funny thing.

Attached: phaser shoot out.webm (960x720, 1.71M)

Remember when data used a type-2 hand phaser to entirely destroy a massive aqueduct.
That is the power in these things in the 24th century. Seeing max setting on a person is kind of insulting and just bad writing.

Attached: jadzia.png (612x704, 488K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6Kn6S6_TEqU

Except it didn't, in fact it sort of did the opposite and laid out why it was a sort of necessary evil and showed how such an organization could even exist.
What it did dispel was the whole "spy" trope sort of bits around it, the exact kind of mythos shit that Julian was infatuated with and which Luther and the others had really no truck with(as of course Garak had been telling him).

No, if any show has ruined Section 31, its Discovery. Which brought it from this small neccesary evil to this "hey look at us" in the open black boots, fucking march step in the open organization that does all this SPOOKY STUFF FOR NO REASON BUT THE EVILS.
Fuck that.

Attached: 1473333052909.jpg (900x789, 222K)

God damnit Riker

Based and B. Sisko'd

>everyone in the fucking galaxy knows who section 31 is in discovery
>season 2 happens
>we're expected to believe that a klingon who thinks he's a human singlehandedly turned it from this out in the open orginization that everyone knows about to a super secret doesn't exist group that no one even remembers even ever existed

Yeah, THANKS DISCOVERY. The gift that keeps on giving to Trek fans.

I have no excuses for the awful retcons it has done to the lore. Discovery has ruined so much of Trek just by existing. Lucky us.

The power of math, user

That's why they call him number 2

>season 2 literally sets up an origin story for the borg
>and then drops it by eliminating control

what games let me poison the atmosphere of planets?

Attached: the sisko.gif (400x301, 245K)

Reminder that Measure of a Man, one of the best episodes in TNG's whole run, almost didn't happen because there were meant to be no lawyers in Gene's utopian vision of the future because crime no longer exists

She built up a good bit of immunity to phasers.

Attached: Ten Forward shoot out.webm (960x720, 2.63M)

Lots.

where the FUCK is my anbojyutsu game

Ah yes I see, please do make yourselves at home.

>its an "o'brien must suffer" episode

Attached: sickos.png (152x254, 40K)

Attached: Suffering.jpg (871x871, 145K)

>kotor 2
>good
Don't think so, friend

>o'brien returns from 20 years mindprison
>bashir basically tells him he's fine and to get his ass back to work
>he isn't fine

what the fuck man

>daughter gets caught in some kind of time vortex or some shit and sent back 10 years into the past on some uninhabited primal planet
>at the end of the episode the just determine she is now too feral to adapt to society again and just fucking leave her there
Even being remotely associated with obrien is fucking suffering.

Well like Bashir said, the memories weren't just implanted, they were lived out in O'Brien's head and can't be removed. The only thing he can do is try to get on with his life

Everyone handled that situation like shit. They all acted like nothing happened just because it was a simulated incarceration. It was real to Miles and they should have treated it as such.

O'brien, fix the goddamn servers

Truly being O'brien is a special kind of hell.

Attached: obrien.jpg (855x1920, 232K)

Makes sense
Bajoran resistance was very much inspired by the Mujahedeen fighting the Soviets, who'd use their Kalashnikovs and shit cuz they're so good in rough terrain

Attached: ed26d5a452aa6fab1779217fefed4be1.jpg (768x1024, 205K)

I checked out Elite: Dangerous which looked interesting until I saw it was online only. Fuck that shit.

Isn't Bridge Crew Supposed to be pretty good?

>Bajorans
>based off religious fanatics
checks out

Except Bajorans are not backed by the CIA

Attached: 52a1c37869bedd476f5aaefd-750-501.jpg (750x501, 107K)

What is this user trying to say

Don't you understand? It is real. I created it. And it's real! It's REAL!

That the episode where Sisko has a dream where DS9 is just some black man's sci-fi story in 50s America wasn't scripted, it was just Avery Brooks freaking out on set for hours

Attached: 1496600228131[1].webm (900x506, 2.82M)

lmao at that yellowshirt

Attached: rites2.webm (320x200, 182K)

guess i'll bring up the fact that star trek online exists to help keep this thread related to video games

Good ol' Lootbox Online

In the German dub they used the voice for Homer Simpson for the tar monster.

What would your job be on a federation ship? I would love to be a pilot or a navigator.

janitor
someone has to clean up all the disintegrated klingons and shit

It probably gets dissintigrated automatically.

>Navigator
God can you imagine how boring that actually is?

>sit in your chair
>captain tells you the co-ordinates to go to and the speed to go there
>put the numbers in and hit enter
>do nothing for the hours it takes to get there
>park the ship in orbit of whatever
>wait for the crew to do their scans or away missions
>repeat until it's time to go off duty

>can you imagine
Pretty sure that's one of the roles in Star Trek Bridge Crew.

alright then, i'm the lieutenant operations officer that gets sent down the jefferies tubes because data's cat got lost again

Holodeck scrubber.

Attached: 1398617642275.jpg (640x480, 49K)

sometimes the console explodes in your face

that's fun

All the good Star Trek games were made by FASA before you were born, Zoomer

Attached: Freedonian Aeronautics and Space Administration.png (248x320, 29K)

Bridge Crew is a game and meant to be entertaining, it's not Federation Bridge Simulator where you can experience the heady thrills of empty deep space for hours on end

Attached: phaser parasite.webm (960x720, 1.78M)

>this was meant to be the Borg

In Star Trek Online they made them out to be some kind of agents for the Iconians.

let's face it, everything is an agent of the iconians in STO

Method acting at its finest.

>have a fetish for people trapped/sinking in mud/quicksand/other thick gooey fluids
>this was what made me realize I had it

Are you nuts? There was a lot of good character development in the war.

And the federation was the only faction with the resources to hit them back.

>blow up 60 gaylors: the game
Apart from that and the pushy first officer, it was pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=e7WZq9USk5c

If it's any consolation, we don't get all that many good Star Wars games anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=bAM2dEEulBk

>I crash and burned that test after I tried to Kirk it, so I warped off to the holosuite to power down with a snowhead waifu

Attached: 1469814816171.png (865x943, 474K)

Just materialize a new one, you doofus.

Hahahaha.

>No good Star Trek game
Why do Cardassians always have to lie

Attached: In-Game_Galaxy_Map_Victory_is_Life.jpg (1808x2108, 1015K)

I'm on it, commander.

How can there be a good Star Trek games if there was no good systems?

Because lying is a skill like any other. If you don't practice, you'll lose your touch.

Attached: 1392445203049.png (500x379, 172K)

>WHAT A PLEBE!

>commissioned shits
disgusting

Attached: 1543303678635.jpg (550x386, 50K)

Navigator was only a thing during the TOS era. On the NX-01 and afterward, it was rolled up into conn, so you'd also be doing all flight operations.
If you're autistic and/or an android, ops might be for you, especially on a bigger ship.

Attached: ops.png (711x870, 432K)

Didn't work because that really made me sympathize with the guy.

>this will never be finished
fuck cbs

Remember Victory is Life

youtube.com/watch?v=_a8HN_r47OI

>star trek online
pfahahaha

can someone >shadman this

The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night… You're also the reason Section 31 exists – someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong.

Attached: Victor_FNV.jpg (800x572, 190K)

>BotF
>Armada
>Elite Force

you have to be 18years old to post here

>you have to be 18years old to post here
That's good advice, you should follow it.

Captain! Take a look at this.

Attached: Bridge Buffoonery.png (560x557, 303K)

Data was traumatized that episode since he was just raped in the ass by an elephant.

Bajorans are Jews
Ferengi are Jews
Federation is run by Jews

change my mind

Obvious bait.

Star Trek Elite Force 1 and 2 (FPS)
Star Trek Bridge Commander (Space Sim)
Star Trek Armada 2 (RTS)
Star Trek Starfleet Command (Strategic Sim)
Star Trek Online (MMORPG)
Star Trek New Horizons (4X Stellaris mod)
Star Trek Bridge Crew (VR Space Sim)
Star Trek 25th Anniversary (Point and Click)
Star Trek Judgement Rights (Point and Click)
Star Trek DS9 The Fallen (TPS)

Notice a theme? All PC games.

You'd know that if you weren't a poor console faggot

Attached: spock.jpg (512x512, 30K)

Your newfag is showing

Why does the world hate O'brien?

See

Because it became an in-joke among the DS9 writers to have an episode every season to make the Irishman miserable

now that's a classic I haven't thought of in years

Attached: 1473347345405.jpg (700x700, 157K)

I sometimes show those vids to friends who know absolutely nothing about star trek. PicArt is especially amazing.

context what's going on here it used some kind of force field to throw her & she ends up dead?

Attached: Confused Angel.png (283x195, 89K)

this episode was on tonight on H&I. good stuff.

Reminder that he did literally nothing wrong.

Attached: Edward_Jellico.jpg (1352x1080, 682K)

Fuck, read it in his voice

bartender.

they evolved from snakes.

The guy they call whenever the holodeck doors "malfunction" during Romulan Tentacle Paradise VII and have half of the junior Engineering crew "trapped" inside.

He should've accepted that as a temporary transfer, he was the one who needed to adapt to how the Enterprise crew did things rather than try to force his standards on them

Such a shitty concept I don't recall it getting brought up ever again.

It wasn't.

Computer, activate program Picard 6.

>Initializing 50 foot replica of Councilor Troi

Attached: Star.Trek.The.Next.Generation.S02E15.Pen.Pals.1080p.BluRay.x264.mkv_snapshot_01.11_[2019.08.05_17.08 (1456x1080, 637K)

>super warp
AKA the warp Kirk's Enterprise had access to decades earlier but was somehow lost to time.

It's an evil oil man that has magic powers that just decided to kill her.

Attached: Horta.webm (960x720, 1.87M)

Different Warp scale. Same with the Warp 13 in All Good Things basically being Warp 9.999 expressed differently

Attached: Warp Factor.gif (640x480, 10K)

the slime entity is the embodiment of the show runners, and tasha yar is trying to escape unscathed after burning all her bridges.

It was great how she came crawling back and they had Spock humiliate her

>annoying little shit I just wanted to skip whenever he appeared
>turns into one of the best characters of all series combined
Thank the prophets for those writers.

>He should've accepted that as a temporary transfer, he was the one who needed to adapt to how the Enterprise crew did things rather than try to force his standards on them

That's not how it works and at the time he didn't think Picard would make it back alive and was expecting the worse.. The Captain gives orders and the crew carries them out and as Troiu discussed with him, Jellico would have loved to ease in to the job and make the changes more smooth, but that wasn't an option. Troi handled the situation professionally while Riker and Geordi were babies for balking at direct orders just because they didn't think the extra work was worth the effort. It's a damn shame we didn't get a Jellico timeline when Worf kept shifting realities where Jellico stayed Captain, Riker isn't on the ship anymore and Data is first officer.

Ezri is cute. Cute!

>show produced by Jews
>has at least three DIFFERENT Jewish stereotype peoples
God they're narcissistic.

>all that space
>fuck all reason to actually travel through it
i really try to like STO, but god damn does it make it difficult to sometimes

space is fake

It's a good break to set course and go off to make yourself a cup to tea Earl Grey. Hot. Then come back to find that your navigator went full retard and sent you to the other side of the quadrant instead of stopping

>'cricket' phaser
I see what you did there. *tony_shalhoub_head_exploding.webm*

>Jellico

Attached: RCO021.jpg (1041x1600, 463K)

You're part way there.

Attached: 1464895442548.jpg (876x270, 38K)

Attached: RCO022.jpg (1041x1600, 576K)

Presumably they're buttons where you can press the left side and the right side, like the PS4 controller touchpad.
Beats me, though, I didn't know there was a beam width thing, I thought the right button increased the power setting and the left one decreased it.

There's a part in DS9 where Sisko turns the beam into a conical projection to melt a huge section of a stone wall all at once

is she ok

Her character? No
Her acting career? Also no

It would have been nice if he had Data hold him up like Darth Vader and just stick him past the force field until he died.

Dick. You're fired!

Hey now she voiced that one NPC in XCom 2

Bing must be so proud of her

I kept getting distracted by how cute Ezri was when I was watching the show.

First Contact is a pretty bad Trek movie but a fuckin bomb-ass regular movie

>lost all the seasons when my Laptop died

Attached: 1562112660637.png (599x880, 718K)

>DS9 The Fallen
I love DS9 but come on bro. That game's not good. It's no fucking Elite Force that's for sure.

youtube.com/watch?v=7oiTLoapvrE

This the real OG DS9 game

Attached: DSTime.jpg (915x566, 46K)

>computer create canadian accomodations early 21 century, montreal, uh... no quebec
>create battlestation room, uncleaned
>give me a dragon dildo, black
>a little more curved
>make girth 200%
>computer... wait a minute
>let me spit on it
>computer locate op
>computer mount op's anus onto dragon dildo
>disengage safety protocols

Attached: barcley-rod.jpg (622x533, 32K)

fecking wat
gotta watch that

thank (You)

at last...

thank (You)

There are no good star wars games.

Star Trek has STO

because Star Wars isn't gay

Attached: 1548378287853.jpg (1427x869, 85K)

Attached: Gul Dukat.jpg (680x431, 92K)

user y u nostalgia me?
;_;

Attached: startrekvideocockpit.jpg (550x389, 25K)

if holodecks were real, what's the first thing you would do in one?

Fuck a loli.

In the last few seasons he does it way more. In small amounts it gives his character flair but it gets to be too obnoxious toward the end.

There were like a dozen other movies before the Jew Jew Abrams alternate universe, most of them essentially the same as any other standalone episode of their respective series just with significantly higher budgets and a bit more time. The TNG ones tended towards using that budget for more action spectacle than the show could usually afford.

These people all willingly terminate their personal subjective continuity of experience on average at least once a week, with their destructive teleportation. They're pattern-identity zealots.

Ugh I’ve been playing 25th anniversary on nes.....struggling to gain traction

Cool my thread is still up

Attached: CE54E59A-3A8E-4DF0-9679-04C7628EFCDF.jpg (500x383, 62K)

>be genx
>college days
>Stupid Fucking Boardgame players with their carefully interleaved game manuals pages

Attached: sfb.jpg (259x194, 11K)

>“But it's fun to look at him and say, he's a sexy Cardassian.”
jej

It's called "writing"

With all of these non-games and walking simulators out now wouldn't it be the perfect climate for a game that has this shit in it?

>What is 25th Anniversary, Judgment Rites, A Final Unity, Birth of the Federation, Away Team, Elite Force 1+2, Bridge Commander, Bridge Crew?

Those are old, racist Star Trek. We need something new based on Discovery. It'd be epic

>NOOOOO HELP ME

Would you a Bajoran gf, Yea Forums?

Attached: bajoran gf.png (1018x526, 34K)

Of course

Attached: ED7AF48D-C131-40EE-ADE5-405519EA067B.png (448x336, 124K)

>racist Star Trek
My least favorite thing about the greatest generation podcast. They won't shut the fuck up about how racist shit is, even when it's not.

she considered Quark a friend, until that episode with rejected host, where he sold her out and almost got her killed.
That was also the point where Kira started to outright hate him.

>Bashir apologies for barging in when Sisko was talking with Dukat, and completely trashing topic of discussion
>Sisko: No need to apologize doctor, that was high point of my day. Don't do it again.

Must have been a dream cause if data stabbed someone it wouldn't be a superficial wound. He'd cleave your limb clear off.

My dad threw another man off the railing above a stair well. That is also effective at incapacitating another full grown man.

Dad!!!

That part wasn't a dream. Data was just trying to kill alien parasites in Troi.

Attached: Data nightmare.webm (960x720, 1.98M)

Ha ha ha... Shut the fuck up kid.

I always assumed occupation of Bajor and use of Bajoran slaves didn't serve any real purpose to begin with, it was just so Cardassians can stroke their massive ego

>can we put... gold-pressed latinum value on a cardassian life... it's such a strange, strange concept... like... wow...
>............
>did you see the guy hitting a pah-wraith with his roundabout? holy shit Damar pull that holo-program up

Attached: 1541228464826.jpg (792x446, 136K)

He was always my favorite.

>go be a faggot somewhere else.

>no new Star Trek game where you explore the galaxy as one of the major powers - be it Romulans, Federation, Klingon, Borg or Dominion or whatever
I'd fucking love to see different approaches to space exploration.

DS9 has the worst final season of any Trek. Way too much Las Vegas holodeck episodes.

>he didn't play EGA Trek back in 1992.

>he didn't type in the 12K BASIC version from the David H Ahl book

Attached: Basic-Computer-Games-Small-Basic-Edition-Edited-By-David-Ahl-Special-30th-Anniversary-Edition-Small- (636x819, 137K)

good movies
>Wrath of Khan
>Undiscovered Country
>Voyage Home
>Search for Spock
>Insurrection
not so good movies
>First Contact
>Generations
>Nemesis
forgettable movies
>The Final Frontier
>The Motion Picture

Just finished watching Deep space nine a few days ago.

What the fuck man.

Attached: IMG_20190829_135046.jpg (250x267, 13K)

Starfleet is the ruling body of the Federation. There are overtures about the "Federation Council" and the Federation Charter but ultimately, Starfleet is the Federation, and they have assumed gigantic amounts of power for what is meant to be a Space Navy.
Sisko wasn't court martialed because he got the job done. He solved a problem. Starfleet acts high and mighty when it's Picard lecturing a lesser species, but in the end, the Marquis left, and once they became a problem to solve Sisko did so without hesitation.

War crimes?

>Insurrection in good, first contact in not so good.
pleb detected.

Where's that copypasta talking about where Brooks is portraying the past life of Dax that was a serial killer

>Wrath of Khan
The novelization expanded on Khan's interaction with the space station crew, and what pissed off Khan so hard.
They were working on an RPG game in their free time.
They told Khan was the Genesis simulation.
It took him a couple of days to catch on.

The best DS9 episode was The Vistor, prove me wrong.

Let me guess you think Inner Light is the best TNG episode?

I actually find that one overrated. My favorite TNG episode is Damok because I think it perfectly embodies the whole series.

Insurrection:
>neo-primitive civilization
>is Prime Directive really worth it?
>"how many does it take before it's wrong?"
>Picard goes rogue to protect what he believes is right
>Riker commands Enterprise in battle
First Contact
>they shoot Borg
>then they go back in time with Borg
>then Borg invade Enterprise
>Picard loses his shit momentary, but regains composure
>Picard sacrifices Enterprise but not really
>happy end

So why did a holosuite program become a real boy in the mirrorverse?

Attached: 1400295294390.jpg (970x768, 36K)

because it was the last season and the crew and writers were having some fun

You are correct. The best girl is Nana Visitor.

Attached: 1383241093329.jpg (607x768, 104K)

Fun? Or were they running out of steam? Its a good thing it ended when it did.

It's Only a Paper Moon is good though.

Giving an actor some other role to play

Star Trek is the only franchise that made me fall in love with certain characters. Dr Crusher Kira, and T'Pol were top tier waifus in their early season especially.

Hm. Did that change? I seem to remember them being friendly later.

>annoying jew feminist character
Cardassians did nothing wrong.

Insurrection's entire plot falls apart when you remember that the "inhabitants" of the planet aren't native to it themselves.

I didn't say Kira. I said Nana.

Attached: 1474953793060.jpg (895x1024, 192K)

He just snatched her motherfucker birthday.

>tfw no giant gorn bf to cuddle in bed with

God, no, they're fucking annoying.

Attached: 1509651553385.png (1160x571, 33K)

god that would be so annoying

>you will never get to experience Klingon cuisine

Attached: amatterofhonor_hd_077.jpg (1458x1080, 132K)

Data's strength is extremely inconsistent.

Everyone loves genocide. Even the people who claim to be the most disgusted by it keep calling for it.
Whether your just genociding the undesirable or if you're mad and genociding everyone who doesn't agree with your worldview, everyone loves it.

I've actually got that game. God it was terrible.

>oh no!
>that one girl i went out with ONCE in the entire show's course, was murdered
>i shall throw a tantrum like it was a member of my family i have known all of my life that was killed

B5, ladies and gentlemen

Attached: chad elder god race.jpg (750x584, 66K)

>Picard and Dr, Pulaski try to intervene when Riker's decadent Klingon feasts begin to threaten his life

Attached: 1542155526354.jpg (1400x1038, 650K)

This actually looks good.

>overpowering two nausicaans
So much for outlawing human genetic enhancement.

>stabbed and blood on the knife
I've only ever watched Star Trek on regular TV that clearly cuts out that stuff. How much blood and guts have I missed out on?

>a klingon who thinks he's a human
That was truly bizarre. I don't think the writers understood what they had written. He was a klingon who had been carved up and mutilated with some body parts of a dead human spliced into him and apparently some chunks of human brain shoved into his own so he had the memories of that dead human officer, then he had his own memory wiped/suppressed and was mindbroken in a prison into genuinely believing he was human.
Then he discovers the truth, EVERYONE discovers the truth, he has a total breakdown, doesn't really recover but everyone allows him to keep the name of the officer they killed and continue to serve on a ship as an officer even though he was a fucking klingon.

Anybody else feel like the jefferies tubes seem comfy as shit? Like, I'd love to just spend my time crawling through them like a fucking rat or something

Still gets RIDGED.

>roundabout

Attached: 1473103820433.gif (245x180, 967K)

Generations is GOAT.

There's no canon explanation obviously, but the usual theory is that it's the real guy Vic the hologram was modeled after.
Like the EMH and his real life counterpart.

>roundabout
fuck me, too late now

Attached: mrs janeway I don't feel so good.......jpg (640x480, 52K)

Fuck all Spoonheads

t. primitive crinkle nose

>that episode where the engineer was hitting on O'Brain so fucking hard.

The motion picture is the best one though

Attached: 1472617891299.png (800x587, 526K)

I thought Vic Fontaine was supposed to be modelled after Vic Fontaine, who would have been dead like 400 years earlier in the mirror universe.

I feel like that would have been funny as hell, Miles getting involved with a Cardassian.

Attached: 1534215319231.jpg (1018x526, 117K)

1>4>2>6>First Contact>Beyond>5>3>Star Trek the Star Trek>Shit>Everything Else

Read the Star Trek Cookbook, the part where Alan Sims tells you what props he used and stuff. It was pretty easy to get in california, just go to an asian market and you can get all sorts of raw tentacles and nasty seafood, or go to a butchers' and get leg of lamb, calf hearts, lungs etc.
There's also a ton of cultures that do blood sausage and stuff.

>the episode where Morn "dies"
>Quark grabs a member of the crowd to sit in his chair to "keep it warm" for him
>it's Morn's actor out of makeup

Attached: Morn.jpg (602x452, 26K)

I'm not sure honestly. It's been a long time but I don't remember it ever being mentioned that Fontaine was specifically supposed to be a hologram representation of a real guy 400 years before.
Always seemed like he was just a generic singer-guy program.

Will he never stop talking, for God's sake all day and night it's yap yap yap.

>Benjamin we're going to the holosuite to have some fun you should come with
>I can't it reminds me of racism
>Okay well it's not racist
>But racism existed and it's a program set in a time when racism happened
>None of which matters because it's fucking fake, Ben

It is a nice example of the Trek universe Earth being such a perfect utopia that everyone has forgotten about the actual history of Earth.

>300+ years into the future and the niggers still won't shut up about muh racism
>sisko still regularly racial insulted every ferengi and cardassian to their face
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I think what bothered me the most about Star Trek is how only humans seem to have subdivisions based on ethnicity and the like, whereas everyone else - apart from Vulcans and Romulans - seems to be wholly unified.

That's a common problem in Sci-Fi settings that comes from the fact that Humans know about all the racial and ethnic divisions on earth and it's easier to lean into that, but making new ones is hard so aliens get like one each. Interestingly, Discovery did have different types of the same species but it was mostly skin tone variations and nothing else, but Enterprise had those episodes about the pale Andorians.

aren't there klingons with different patterns of forehead ridges?

Klingons still make a big deal out of noble bloodlines despite no longer having royalty. There's probably some social stigma around things like farmers and low level blue collar workers because they'll never fight in battle.

Ferengi treat their women like second class citizens and revoking a business license is tantamount to excommunication and exile

Bajorans used to have a restrictive caste system until they had to work together to kill Cardies and there are still old tribal feuds beneath the surface

No. There were the TOS Klingons with smooth heads, but they were the results of the Klingon genetic experiments involving the superhuman project that birthed Khan and were the "face" of the Empire while they worked to stop a plague that effected all normal Klingons caused by the superhuman project.

It's complicated.

Klingons had their different castes. You mostly saw the warrior caste but they occasionally showed some of the scientists, engineers and lawyers. They tend to be calmer than the warrior klingons.

no, i know all about that, i'm pretty sure different klingon families can be recognised by the way their ridges look

Was that how it was always supposed to be or was that just Enterprise being stupid?

It was actually one of William Shatner's Trek novels that had it as a plot point and explain why there are smooth Klingongs in TOS but ridged in everything after and before it.

According to Gene Roddenberry, Klingons would always have looked like that on TOS if they'd had the budget to do it

Everyone accepted this until DS9's Tribble episode, where the crew compare the Klingons of TOS to Worf and he says they "don't like to speak about it", while Bashir and O'Brien suggest it might have been genetic engineering or a viral mutation.

Then Enterprise took both those ideas and made them into the Human Augment Virus to "explain" something that was already explained

Based.

Attached: CUCULLIA.png (211x207, 21K)

one would have to make a visual novel out of it in space

Why not a game like KOTOR? It seems like it would translate relatively well.

An early Enterprise episode dealt with that problem pretty well I thought.
To sum things up, on one of their very first away missions they meet some kind sand people, they all play some manly not-gay shirtless sports, and have a great time. Well wouldn't you know it, other people on the planet start contacting them, and it turns out these people they were hanging out with are actually terrorists that fucking everyone else hates, so now the ENT crew are viewed as allies of them because they landed and made contact THERE, instead of among the other nations.

>A Final Unity
>Unity
it's shit

>that ENT episode with the planet with a high IQ and a brainlet species where they left the degenerative diseased smartfags to their doom and enabled the rise of the immune brainlets, kinda giving coming up with the prime directive
ENT had some good episodes

>that wink wink moment at the end when referring to the prime directive
fuck you now

Attached: 1566735116491.jpg (502x560, 22K)

vidya for this feel?

Attached: 1536811229639.jpg (665x492, 56K)

If only they made the prime directive apply to all species. The feddies were always far too quick to insult the cultures of other species and try to enforce their own upon them.

>tape trading proto weebs made it so all the japanese says stuff like "urusei yatsura, lum and ataru"

There's a mission in Judgement Rites where thieves break into a museum to steal an important cultural relic the Federation is due to hand back to the species it came from, only to reveal that they're from that species and the people they want to give it back to are just the largest and most manipulative clan on their world, the thieves want the relic to belong to all their people because of its importance to the whole species. The good ending is getting them to surrender in exchange for the Federation looking into the issue so they don't make a huge cultural faux pas.

Motherfucking FPBP right here. Star Trek is all about that shit. Star Wars is a pew pew good v. bad space battle, super easy to make a game out of it.

Also, Star Trek Adversaries wasn't bad.

I just remembered I have sins from some free give away eons ago. Do you need any of the dlc for the trek mod?

I must see this.

How much does the physical collection of TNG remastered costs these days?

Tron Evolution

Is that an Ent era miranda?

I really enjoyed Star Trek Armada. Was the sequel any good?

Im specifically referenceing that martial arts image. From memory alpha
>One reference is to the anime series Urusei Yatsura, the name of which is also used as the name of the SS Urusei Yatsura. The large character in the center, 星 ("Hoshi / sei", star), is used in the title. The words next to 星, in katakana are ラム ("ramu") and アタル ("ataru"), the names of the main characters. The phrases "Urusai" (うるさい, loud/obnoxious) and "Yatsura" (やつら, people) are written on the back corner, which are what the title is said to come from.

There is also a screen of people with the names of doctor who actors if you want to go looking. Could not find a good quality image in the few seconds I bothered to look. Is it gone from the remaster version?

DATA SOMETHINGS GOT MEEEEE

TOS is pure kino
youtube.com/watch?v=_bZKEhgieoc