Why was there even a SNES vs. Genesis war when the SNES was so obviously superior in virtually every way?

Why was there even a SNES vs. Genesis war when the SNES was so obviously superior in virtually every way?

Attached: SNES vs Sega specs.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pMqOMFW3Gt8
youtube.com/watch?v=-_w3PsoAGVk
youtube.com/watch?v=k7nsBoqJ6s8
youtube.com/watch?v=8_-ZICg5elg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because war is fun.

People weren't as autistic about specs back then, and the Genesis covered its limitations up well with superior sound and nice grungy visuals.

BLAST PROCESSING

>512x448
????????? Which games used that?

Because Nintendo censored games.

Because Sega does what nintendon't

>Colors: 32.768
>Simultaneous Colors: 256

What's the fucking point

Because Genesis had better games

Attached: YOUR KUNG FU IS GOOD.png (438x262, 259K)

For every good Genesis game came 10 really good SNES games.

Brainlet detected.

>superior sound

Dude i was a genesis kid back in the day but even then i knew SNES had way better sound quality. It wasnt even close.

are you braindead or something
>why have a hundred items on your menu if i can only eat one meal at a time

Marketing and Sonic the Hedgehog. Like it or not, it was an amazing game that had better and better followups. It took DKC to even compete.

The Genesis could have better sound, but the damn thing was unintuitive to program for so most developers stuck with stock sounds and rhythm. Which sounds like absolute shit.

Because Thunder Force 3/Thunder Spirits on the SNES sucked a fucking dick and it was awesome on the Genesis. Cope.

>because 1 (ONE) game on Genesis was better it means the entire console was shit

The absolute state of of Söyga fans.

Attached: blaire-white-transgender-trump-supporter-1515617526.png (720x517, 219K)

SNES is when Nintendo started catering to the baby crowd.

WAR
NEVER BEEN SO MUCH
WAR
NEVER BEEN SO MUCH FUN

Attached: Cannon_Fodder_Amiga_02.png (640x448, 209K)

"Muh Aladdin!!!"

youtube.com/watch?v=pMqOMFW3Gt8

>15 to 20 somethings discussing this era
lol

>that sax booming in
Every time.

Attached: HelpfulFlimsyDunnart-size_restricted.gif (500x329, 1.75M)

>ohlookitsthisthreadagain.tiff

Because the SNES (as much as I love its library) was a fucking piece of shit with a meme soundchip that sounds like damped ass farts and 80%+ of its library suffering from such horrible slowdowns that OoT's silky smooth 15-17fps seemed fast in comparison.
Something like Alien Soldier would have never been possible on the SNES. Like all tailored Genesis games for that matter.

Both consoles had their pros and glaring cons. If you didn't own both as a kid or had no friends with one or the other console, chances are you grew up into a fatass forever alone permavirgin or some deviant turbo homofaggot trany/furry.

Ah, back when Nintendo's console specs were viable competition.

Attached: The power of a next gen console.jpg (1718x2091, 588K)

All I can see there is blast processing.

Because back then there were much more exclusives, which used to be what defined a console

SNES was all tooty trumpets and flat muffled tones, Genesis had that fucking 90s synth bass and everything had PUNCH.

youtube.com/watch?v=-_w3PsoAGVk

Every Rocket Knight SNES game was inferior to the Genesis equivalent. Sparkster was the GOAT of them.

mein bruder

No the snes was only a jrpg machine, nothing more

The genesis had the better version of it anyways

Because dithering everything looks like shit.

Attached: sf2 genesis.jpg (480x360, 25K)

"Why have access to a variety of colors and tones if the painter only uses a few at a time on his painting!"

>Basedga
>i see bitches
Have sex and dilate you whole

I see a lot of literal retards in this thread.
Name 10(ten) worthwhile games on genesis.

Literally because Blast Processing.
Say what you want about Sega but their marketing was on point.

The SNES cpu was fucking awful, Nintendo shouldn't have gotten away with it. Also the resolution thing is misleading, most games were the same resolution as NES games, half the stated resolution. The high res mode was only used for menus and simple shit.

Aladdin
Sonic
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic 3 and Knuckles
Jackie Ch--DAMN IT

>speed is better on genesis
>snes was graphical style over substance bullshit
Fucking kids with their LOLGRAFX idiot mentality. Get the fuck out of here and watch your fucking TV shows because that's all you fucking want.

Because children are stupid

I won't even use Sonic, Gunstar Heroes, or multiple games in the same series.
>Langrisser
>Golden Axe
>Exo Squad
>Vectorman
>Revenge of Shinobi
>Comix Zone
>Sparkster
>Pulseman
>Shining Force II
>Streets of Rage 2

Just going off the games I grew up with:
Ghouls and Ghosts
Super Hang-On
Eternal Champions
Street Fighter 2 Champion's Edition (it's got some unique features)
Altered Beasts
Golden Axe
Jurassic Park
Any Disney game
Any Sonic game
Any Madden game

The Genesis was the superior console for me because I just had more fun with it as a kid than with the SNES, as someone who owned both. The one aspect that was massively superior on the SNES is the controller. It's not even close. Way more buttons, and they felt better too. The Genesis controller always hurts my fingers because of how sluggish the buttons are.

Attached: 1200px-Nintendo-Super-NES-Controller.jpg (1199x790, 77K)

...did Nintendo really market the snes as a console that could run games in 512x448 despite 99.9% of the games running in 256x224?

Was genesis the AMD of its generation? All that extra power to still be inferior to the competition?

Since nobody else said it yet, the Genesis Shadowrun was way better than the SNES one.

I actually kind of miss how competing consoles would have two completely different versions of a game (Shadowrun, Jurassic Park, Aladdin).

Little kids on the schoolyard who could only afford one or the other

>Landstalker
>Dynamite Headdy
>Phantasy Star IV
>Contra: Hard Corps
>Castlevania: Bloodlines
>Mega Man: The Wily Wars
>Shining Force II
>Ristar
>Comix Zone
>Streets of Rage 2

Not really. I think this is a comparison chart from a Cinemassacre video.

Video games weren't really marketed in terms of resolution and such outside from some very specific "technical" articles in Nintendo Power.

youtube.com/watch?v=k7nsBoqJ6s8

youtube.com/watch?v=8_-ZICg5elg

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 60K)