Play a JRPG right now

Play a JRPG right now.

Attached: i_118.jpg (1448x2048, 393K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zr_bh29b8zE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone here who played 7 pirates? Opinions? Is it rock bottom like omega labyrinth or is it actually an ok game?

Attached: 250px-Genkai_Tokki_Seven_Pirates_boxart.png (250x321, 197K)

I'm actually playing through Earthbound and Chrono trigger for the first time right now.

They're pretty good.

I just finished dragon quest 1 & 2 give me a break.
DQII isn't as hard and grindy as people make it out to be. Then again, I did have fast forward...

WoWfag here, recommend me a good JRPG, no tranny shit.

Attached: 1565631188555.jpg (1182x754, 52K)

Recommendations?

Attached: 1564599191095.jpg (495x528, 75K)

SMT 2

Name 3 actually good JRPGs released this year.

I fuckind dare you.

Just did some quests in Chrono Trigger to prepare for the Black Omen. Decent game but not nearly as good as I imagined it would be.

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2

I can't name 3 good games released this year period.

Fire emblem 3H
EO Nexus
Atelier Lulua

Nexus was pretty shit.

Attached: 1553525557781.png (1253x1818, 643K)

death end re;quest
caligula effect overdose
chocobo's mystery dungeon: every buddy

No atelier can ever be good

It's not terrible, just not as good as other EOs. The soundtrack was pretty good too.
youtube.com/watch?v=zr_bh29b8zE

I remember this.

ff14

>the worst class beating and raping the best class

lmao, pugfags are delusional.

Also pugilist should be a nice fellow who just likes going apeshit on monsters.

It was an EO5 pug.

It's exactly Neptunia.

>try Persona 3 FES after hearing how good it is
>interesting style to it but ends up being a major slop, drop it
>try Skies of Arcadia hearing how good it is
>it has ship turn based combat but it ends up being quite dull as the average JRPG turn based deal, end up dropping it for how stock the characters are and the story isn't interesting enough
>people fawn all over Bravely Default
>its combat has some gimmicky aspects to it, characters are awful and story at first goes nowhere
I'm just detecting a pattern there, overall they're simply not good games, with exceptions. I did enjoy Golden Sun and DQXI.

>I did enjoy Golden Sun and DQXI.
>calls Skies of Arcadia average
7/10 bait got me to reply

Is this a good thing?

I can’t I’m playing a srpg

Persona 3 and devil survivor(fuck you I don’t care if it’s a srpg)

Attached: 9A55339F-36F3-454C-BC70-A983340D9457.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Xenogears.

TWEWY is a good ARPG it’s short(15 to 20 hours)

>that enormous quality drop from Ao to Sen
What the fuck has happened to Falcom?

Attached: 1563214962772.png (500x555, 148K)

If it's not Uta I swear to god

Xenoblade 2

Yeah, Fina is just a walking muh princess cliche, the weapon gem system is gimmicky and the combat as a whole is uninteresting. GS's combat feels like it doesn't waste the players time with long animations, the puzzles are simple but add some variety to it, the only shit part about it was dividing what was a game's plot into 2 games. DQXI is a pretty basic game but it keeps things simple, not having random encounters is a plus and it got the job done.

Can't believe someone actually has taste this shit

Attached: 1379796233552.jpg (700x513, 66K)

It’s not

Attached: 47246D4F-1257-4A94-AFFA-424382160E1F.jpg (300x393, 36K)

I'm trying to finish off Trials of Mana but Astral Chain got in the way.

you are in for two rides. The only thing I can recommend you is to finish Chrono Trigger first.

I'm playing through EB right now too. I think I lack the autism level required for one to enjoy clicking around menus for ages upon a random encounter.

The nostalgiababby can't even defend his dear game

I'm still waiting for news on Etrian Odyssey VI...
Any day now, lads...

Attached: 1439155465056-1.jpg (1024x752, 119K)

Attached: A Sudden Gust of Wind Before Your Eyes.png (500x500, 121K)

Never ever bros....

Attached: 1491294210393.jpg (351x351, 21K)

>no sign of EO6
>eo3u n3v3r 3v3r

Attached: 1559714535296.png (260x370, 70K)

What's a good JRPG with satisfying real time combat?
Alternatively, if it has turn based combat what's one where I can ignore the combat as much as humanly possible?

Attached: graboid.jpg (480x640, 33K)

for the system its on and when it came it it's pretty damn good in my opinion.

>JRPG with satisfying real time combat
No such thing.

Ni no kuni is pretty fun and hard

Dark Souls is a japanese ARPG, so it can be considered a JRPG.

It has arguably more roleplaying than a lot of games more associated with JRPG since you build your character's stats in it.

Tales of Graces F

Attached: 1548193994694.gif (500x500, 11K)

>Re: Fantasy is dead
>EO6 is dead
>SMTV is dead
>meanwhile here's a fuckin P5 musou and re-release
I don't wanna turn another thread into Persona bitching but FUCK Atlus, man.
Or fuck Sega, whoever's responsible for this mismanagement.
It's more of an action game than JRPG but Kingdom Hearts II is satisfying to play, especially on Critical Mode.

Attached: 1437540317083.jpg (255x206, 23K)

I got the collection of mana waiting for me when I get home

I really enjoyed Ys VIII, supposedly some of the previous games are really good too.

Dark Souls is a JRPG whoever says otherwise is an A grade moron.

Aren't those games getting a modern remake in a few months?

you'd probably like the recent phantasy star games, even the single-player ones still have an mmo feel to them.

I love Persona, just hate all the milking spin-off.
Can't wait for 6

final fantasy adventure and secret of mana already got remakes. trials of mana is getting a remake next year.

Okay, so the second one. I've played stuff in the past like Xenoblade Chronicles, but after a while I get bored of the fights; but while it lets you avoid enemies in the fields if you're careful, not fighting enough random mobs (and not doing the endless kill five monster side quests) leads to you being fatally underlevelled and underpowered later on in the game for required fights.
I've heard of that, I didn't realise it was real time though. I'm not looking for hard so much as satisfying: ie. Dragon's Dogma has super crunchy fights but I'd not call them difficult.
Played Dark Souls, was fun but got burnt out on it (also my PS3 died so I can't continue my save) I'm planning on picking up Code Vein when it's out though.
I did play Kingdom Hearts 2 years and years back, that was quite fun. I remember getting stuck at the beauty and the beast world?
Haven't looked at these games before, will take a look. Thank you!

Attached: 1562611935225.png (720x960, 400K)

>I remember getting stuck at the beauty and the beast world?
That's literally the first/second world in the game, user. Unless you mean the re-visit.

Well alright. Play those then. And wait for the last one.

It's probably that, in my defense I was a dumb teenager and I was borrowing it off my sister so probably had to give it back before I could get past. That's the last thing I remember of it.
I vaguely remember a hydra but I don't know if that's just my brain taking that one meme and calling it a memory.

You should go back and finish it someday. The endgame content of KH2FM is some of the best shit seen in the action genre.

Oh, that's a good question someone here might know: with the new Sakura Wars game coming out does anyone know yet if it'll be it's own thing or if it'll draw on the previous games for story?
The setting and style interested me when it was first announced, I've not played one before, but when I read that it was a strategy/tactics RPG I lost interest. Apparently now this one's and ARPG though so I'm back in, but I don't know if I'll miss out on the story without having played the previous games.
I do remember the opening to it pissing me off, that kid you play as in the intro turning out to be a fictional construct really got to me. I assume that's developed more in the course of the game.

>fictional construct
Oh man you really need to finish that game

What party should I use for my New Game+ of Nexus?

Sakura wars is more of a dating sim/rpg hybrid.

Anyone can tell me how the Wild Arms games past 2 are?
I enjoyed the first one immensely while forced myself to finish 2.

It's a soft remake, you don't need to play any other games but old characters will come back.
It's a fun series, i recommend you try it

I'm not familiar with the later games. But most people consider 3 to be the best one.

3 is amazing while 4 is kinda shit and 5 is decent but goes maximum anime if you're into that.

Gonna check 3 out then.

>dating sim/RPG
Huh. If the new one is like that but with the action combat I've seen (the mecha look sick) then count me in, thanks. I'd try the previous ones but I'm too brainlet for SRPGs: the last one I gave a go was Valkyria Chronicles and I only got a short way in via savescumming before I gave up.

I'm going through Etrian Odyssey 5 right now. Just got to the 2nd stratum and it's really fucking hard to press through the floor with how high TP costs are now. Still having a blast though. It's my first EO and there's nothing like killing FOEs that would have stomped you before.

Hard? That game is made for literal children and it's has an even less involved pokemon battle system for gameplay.

Part of building your team is knowing when you're ready to push your skills up to the TP breakpoints. Usually the skills become less efficient as they level up, countered by the increased TP pool you get from being higher levelled.

what are some good jrpgs on DS

>That game is made for literal children and it's has an even less involved pokemon battle system for gameplay
Thanks for proving you don't even play it

Etrian Odyssey
The World Ends With You
Mario and Luigi rpgs
Megaman battle network/starforce

I'm just here looking at my library and having no idea what to play and mostly waiting for astral chain tomorrow.
I also bought death end re;quest on a whim during the last sale but haven't even started it yet.
And i also have mystery dungeon and only made it to phoenix so far.
I should just stop buying games and working through what i have for fucks sake.

In his defense I'm a massive brainlet so probably would find it hard.

Strange Journey

I had to push a lot of skill over to 5 to get through the first stratum boss and now we're here. It's not terrible, but it's a noticeable drawback for sure.

That's okay then, as long as you didn't go to 10. If you're really feeling the pain you can put a point into Gaia's Grace (occasionally refunds basic skill TP) and that'll relieve some pressure.

>I did enjoy Golden Sun
How can you like that game?

Seiken densetsu 3
Sword of mana
Xenoblades Chronicles

currently playing Lulia before ryza comes out
comfy time

Attached: Elgato Screenshot 2019-08-29 14-59-44.jpg (1920x1080, 688K)

is ryza getting a global release?

Sure, why wouldn't it?

Oninaki isn't that bad.

Attached: ONINAKI_1024x768.png (1024x768, 1.19M)

It's not even. What are you smoking?

It's not even what?

Is there a recommended play order for EO? I haven't played any dungeon crawler games yet.

Start with IV as it is much more beginner friendly.

No. Start with whichever you can get your hands on. The original 1 and 2 on DS are janky as fuck though.

play the untold games story mode only, the rest of the games are cringe...start with 4 and 3, the order doesn't really matter for the rest but they will feel slow if you play them later rather than before

No, it's fucking horredous.
The lack of attack cancelling on most actions even with fully upgraded daemon trees just utterly murders the combat system, it feels like an uncreative, molasses slow clone of older Ys titles with none of their platforming or good level design.