John Carmack on Joe Rogan

youtube.com/watch?v=udlMSe5-zP8

Why did this man waste almost 2 decades of his life making shitty video games instead of spending his time making fuel efficient rockets and affordable electric cars?

Attached: carmack.jpg (1080x1080, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7Vb_-rMc8X0
youtu.be/udlMSe5-zP8?t=5019
physicsworld.com/a/the-asteroid-trillionaires/
interestingengineering.com/asteroid-mining-what-will-it-involve-and-is-this-the-future-of-wealth
nasa.gov/vision/earth/technologies/taylor_more.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platinum
youtube.com/watch?v=lTfGBCe-vpk
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8QlfsKWEYY
youtube.com/watch?v=VQr9isjLicA
youtube.com/watch?v=h9s3wOmP7BI
youtu.be/b3T7Rrw08W0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_spinoff_technologies
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's fun.

>fuel efficient rockets
Fucking pointless, space travel is a meme and a gigantic waste of money

POST A SERVER BRAHHH

Because he was at that point in his life back then. Then he moved onto other stuff.

You're retarded. It is humanity's destiny is to colonise the universe, and space travel is the bare minimum to achieve that.

This, gotta get our shit sorted out on earth first. Unless someone finds a habitable planet within rocket distance of earth and even then there would be barely any benefits since trade between another planet and earth would be damn near impossible.

he's still a cute genius nerd.

Attached: 1465850298036.jpg (996x431, 139K)

>fuel efficient rockets
Too close to the government
>affordable electric cars
Would have been shot dead in his home

>finally get our shit sorted
>realize that we can't leave the planet because we forgot about the fucking trash and pieces of satellites flying at high speed

Attached: 1425436275393.png (640x480, 359K)

>find habitable planets

Make habitable planets.

>calls me retarded
>starts talking about "destiny"
Space travel is literally religion for atheists. You're retarded. Good luck colonizing planets that don't even support life and constantly bombard you with harmful radiation

At least a third of the podcast was about Esports and Dota2.
youtu.be/7Vb_-rMc8X0

>he's a genius coder bro
>alright, guess I'll look him up
>part of the team that made Doom and Quake

What? That's it? And games after that flopped.

escapism > real life

Videogames dont need to be fun to be worth playing.

It's only a waste of money because we are putting in a ton but not enough to achieve anything. We need humanity to dedicate much more than what it is to even come close

>I don't get older I level up

Attached: 1560298731693.jpg (586x524, 42K)

Sorry mate but we will all die on this rock. I don’t disagree with you that it’s humanity’s destiny but humanity is being domesticated into a species of slave drones via relentless social and genetic engineering

The guy invented the first 3d FPS engine and the fast inverse square root function in computing.

based

Hello LowTierGod

>entire interview is "DUDE VR LMAO"

Literally nobody cares. This shit will NEVER, EVER catch on. It wasn't successful for the past three decades and it won't be successful now. There's no benefit to strapping on a stupid looking hat to play video games when almost everyone could, and would honestly rather, just use their televisions.

Attached: 1563593800385.jpg (381x424, 72K)

>the fast inverse square root function in computing.
Wrong

>The guy invented the first 3d FPS engine
So the guy that help ruined videogames......thanks Carmack?

>yes I play jrpgs how could you tell?

Attached: BadPosture.png (412x522, 355K)

Wow, did he create a popular video game like Call of Duty?

>Fucking pointless
Yeah, just like virtual reality

So this guy made Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, etc. and now he does Oculus right? All that stuff is cool but why is he talking like he's Zuckerberg or Musk or some important futurist?

Does he have accomplishments outside of vidya games?

Yeah, he tried to start an aerospace company and it went bankrupt.

Not quite, we're still roughly meeting Moore's Law and will continue to do so for another decade or so, but we're currently working with 14-7nm CPUs and it isn't until 3nm when we start running to the limits of how small you can shrink a CPU before quantum mechanics and uncertainty starts fucking with electrons.

So we will be hitting a hard cap soon unless we find some other magical super technology to save us.

Attached: Moore's_Law_Transistor_Count_1971-2018.png (6529x4716, 955K)

Wouldn't that picture be an FPS player since JPRGs are played from the couch or on handheld while arena FPS games are played close to the monitor.

That's even worse than the VR talk.

An FPS requires both hands.

Attached: nasa budget.jpg (1832x1818, 185K)

Maybe he is in the lobby waiting.

>the part where he says he could be a billionaire but he'd rather do what he wants unlike Elon and Zuckerberg

Attached: nolan.png (146x194, 76K)

so when will that money achieve something? when Mars gets terraformed? Somehow I don't think flying a piddly little rocket there is going to help us give the entire planet an atmosphere

defund the military

whats the timestamp for that

???
the problem with terraforming mars is distinctly the lack of money
it will achieve something once it actually gets to NASA lol

>tfw we spend more on artificial climates on earth than space travel

Attached: air conditioning nasa.png (1002x877, 672K)

>I don't see how landing a human on mars helps us achieve the goal of living on mars
Are you really this fucking stupid?

the problem with terraforming mars is nobody has even the slightest inkling of how to do so and all the money in the world can't change that

>gotta get our shit sorted out on earth first
lmao good luck with that, we'll sooner colonize our whole solar system than get that done

the goal is not living on mars. that is possible already. the goal is thriving on mars. to thrive on mars, mars needs to be terraformed, it needs an atmosphere. That is not even remotely possible with current or any envisioned technology

01:23:40

youtu.be/udlMSe5-zP8?t=5019

Pretty sure the goal is mining asteroids and exploration and research.

If you were a programming god and loved your job and everyone thought you were a god for the work you did in your field would you really want to transition away from that into a CEO role?

Dude's already a multi-millionaire do you really think giving up your passion just to swap that M for a B is worth it?

Just like landing on the moon before the USSR and USA started throwing money at the problem
Besides, terraforming planets is pretty far out, and not really a good example of what spacefare can do for us in near future. Setting up semi-autonomous spacecamps for resource exploitation is more likely the next step, research has been done and is being done in regards to that. You know what would speed that research up? Manpower, facilities, test runs. You know what these things require? Money

>we dont have money to move to other planets
>we would be in debt with the aliens...or something

This is just proof that war is the sole reason behind technological advancement.
Capitalism with peace is too shit for this because investors don't wanna take any risks.

He developed some of the first engine technologies used to make 3D games possible. He's one of the godfathers of 3D games.

Oh boy, you are fucking dumb, I thought you were just kidding. Nevermind my man.

>and the fast inverse square root function in computing
Nope, he's outright said he didn't write it.

Don't be daft. Those are just stepping stones to the real goal: banging blue alien babes.

Attached: 1383211642100.jpg (374x550, 73K)

>There's no benefit to strapping on a stupid looking hat to play video games when almost everyone could, and would honestly rather, just use their televisions.
Yes there is. Because this shit long term has to be worse for your eyes than even staring at a full brightness monitor in the dark ever could be. The benefits are monumental if you're an eye doctor.

>Just like landing on the moon before the USSR and USA started throwing money at the problem
No, not really like that at all, a leap in peoples minds sure, but not technologically. Terraforming planets is nowhere near possible. Mining resources on Mars or asteroids will never be economically effficient either

>I've been a huge fan of video games for a long time
>doesn't know what MOBA or DOTA is

huh

That's a convincing argument

Because he wanted to. All Carmack wanted to do back in the day was to make games and make enough money to pay for pizza and computer parts.

I hope we find aliens before I die but I know it wont happen. I also hope they are sentient and intelligent slug monsters and not humanoid.

I don't think you really understand what it means to be a billionaire. The point is that the guy is pretending like he made some kind of choice. He didn't. People who are billionaires are people who makes more money than they can spend in 100 lifetimes and they still want more. Those people aren't choosing to be that way.

How did you manage to get every single thing in your post wrong? I'm impressed!

Attached: my mulanian.png (957x730, 746K)

Dota doesnt advertise itself at all. Compare that to league which advertises the shit out of its game.

>I also hope they are sentient and intelligent slug monsters and not humanoid.
I'll still stick my dick in them.

Rogan an old Quake head. I think he knows Starcraft but he doesn't know any new shit.

Funny how you "rational" space travel advocates can't actually argue

Choice is an illusion in the first place.

The same reason Elon Musk wastes his time making fuel efficient rockets and affordable electric cars instead of genetically engineered cat-girls for domestic purposes.

Terraforming other planets is a meme and far beyond anything we will likely ever do in centuries of time. It makes way more sense to bring asteroids into orbit, mine them for minerals, build a space elevator, and colonize space with orbital colonies and maybe a few moon bases. Terraforming is several orders of magnitude more difficult than this.

That's the goal for the next 200+ years. Terraforming other planets that's so far into the future it's not even worth thinking about.

Attached: space colonization.gif (800x499, 27K)

Do you want me to link you some articles on it or will you just respond with """"scientists""" (((nasa))) >he believes the media

I'm convinced you're a retard.

Sure, go ahead and show me how we're going to terraform Mars and make it livable

Low IQ post.

Can't argue with you when you don't have an argument.

brb changing major to optometry

Nuke it seven million times.

>colonize space with orbital colonies and maybe a few moon bases
Doesn't make sense. Colonizing somewhere isn't just about slapping your dick down and say "I live here, we win", it has to be economically viable. There's no reason to live in space or on the moon because there's nothing valuable there (inb4 helium mines on the moon or some other stupid bullshit). It's just a drain on resources

Space travel is useless until the planet killer asteroid is barreling towards earth like a giant cosmic fuck you freight train.

Step 1:terraform mars
Step 2:find blue alien babes
Step 3:bang blue alien babes
Step 4:???
Step 5: profit

Attached: 1515720843146.jpg (1280x1978, 183K)

xD

I was more thinking on
>Mining resources on Mars or asteroids will never be economically effficient either
of what you said
physicsworld.com/a/the-asteroid-trillionaires/

interestingengineering.com/asteroid-mining-what-will-it-involve-and-is-this-the-future-of-wealth

Yeah, video games, not autistic waifu left-right click simulators.

here are just a few things we use often that you can thank NASA for:
Wireless headsets
memory foam
camera phones
cat scans
the fucking computer mouse

Attached: Joe Rogan Experience #1342 - John Carmack 6-58 screenshot.png (1920x1080, 1.5M)

You disney shills need to fuck off already.

The computer mouse was invented at Xerox

Set phases to thrust.

Attached: tenor.gif (258x216, 1.24M)

nasa.gov/vision/earth/technologies/taylor_more.html

>it has to be economically viable
You clearly haven't researched this topic, asteroid mining will be incredibly lucrative, a relatively small metallic asteroid with a diameter of 1 mi contains more than US$20 trillion worth of industrial and precious metals there are currently 711 known asteroids near earth with a value exceeding $100 trillion. In the next coming decades we will begin to run out of various rare earth minerals which will make them exceedingly expensive yet there are untapped troves of them floating around in space. You think we're going to do large-scale space mining operations entirely with drones?

Attached: 01-asteroid-harvest.ngsversion.1462622408917.jpg (2048x1152, 372K)

Makes me want to go try Quake in VR, hearing how fucked up it is.
I played Doom and Serious Sam in VR, full locomotion zooming around at 200 mph and I was fine.

Yes how dare this guy pursue a career in something he really wants instead of forcing himself into a job he never wanted in the first place

your life is a gigantic waste of money
Carmack is smart, but probably not THAT smart.
He co-pioneered and tremendously contributed to early 3D engines but he peaked with the Doom3 engine imo. Megatextures was a cool idea but fell kind of flat. He hasn't done much regarding new technology since then.
Just because he diddles with rockets in his backyeard as a hobby doesn't mean he has what it takes to be a full blown rocket scientist.
Or maybe the guy just leads a fullfilling life as it is and only does what he is really passionate about.

>forcing himself into a job he never wanted in the first place

You didn't watch the podcast or know anything about Carmack at all.

We can't manage our own planet so why the fuck would we be able to make new ones.

Thats operating under the assumption that these rare earth metals are actually going to run out (which is pretty doubtful) and they won't depricate in value as new technology is invented, and the invention of new technology on earth is alot more efficient than mining metals in space

Now you're thinking like an ancap

But the US Federal budget is not the same in 2018 as it was in 68 surely.

Why is he wasting time with Oculus working on second class VR devices?

Making quite a few magical assumptions here.

Maybe we don't run out of rare earths and we magically find alternatives for all of them and maybe rare earths magically lose their value anyway and maybe we magically find ways to mine on earth cheaper than space. All of which you have absolutely no basis for believing.

Attached: how-long-metals-will-last.jpg (2282x1397, 430K)

Because it's his job

>I've never played a VR before

He doesn't do any rocket engineering, he just owns the company and the actual engineers explain the shit they come up with at meetings.
He blew his Doom money on failing to win the Xprize, unlike the other John who blew his money on Daikatana. Guess which one is still a millionaire?

God will provide more.

Maybe, but we're not going to go anywhere with mere rockets or a ship that cant sustain itself. Everyone wants to go to mars but nobody knows what they are going to do up there except sucking their thumbs until death by starvation, radiation or a combination of both

>All of which you have absolutely no basis for believing.
Not really
Platinum is an example mentioned
45% of the worlds platinum is used for emission control devices in vehicles. Won't be neccessary if we use electric cars. and 35% is used for jewelery, a luxury good. So essentially 80% of the worlds platinum use doesn't matter. Hardly worth going to an asteroid for, and saying there's 50 trillion dollars worth of platinum on it isn't taking supply and demand into account

Thanks nana. Now please go eat your soup, you need to eat.

Attached: 12532363.png (420x420, 267K)

And I should also add there's nothing fucking magical about finding new mineral deposits, it happens all the time

>Everyone wants to go to mars but nobody knows what they are going to do up there except sucking their thumbs until death by starvation, radiation or a combination of both
Colonizing the planet obviously
Adapting your bodies so you can live off radiation and martian dust

You can't colonize a pussy

Stupid nerd virgin

Nana is pro space travel.

Attached: 1383241093329.jpg (607x768, 104K)

Whered you get those percentages? The minerals mined from asteroids wont all be brought back to earth. They will be used to further space development.

Human beings are squishy and delicate. There's no point in heavy investment in transporting squishy and delicate things through the cold darkness of space.

The true form of space travel will ultimately be sending our conscious digitally in a faster-than-light format through waystation hubs until they can be installed into machines or converted into biological-based brains. Physically transporting human bodies is an intermediate step that will be quickly abandoned once the above method becomes feasible.

It's the reason why cars are produced as locally as possible; Because transporting them long distances is counter-productive.

Not that nana.

This is definitely gonna kill ur soul.

Wikipedia
>The minerals mined from asteroids wont all be brought back to earth. They will be used to further space development.
So it's like a gigantic space pyramid scheme right
You're making economically unviable colonies in space but that's okay because you can just keep making more of them

It's not just platinum thought now is it, it true that prices fluctuate over time and some may never reach a point where they're rare enough to warrant space mining and some my get less expensive depending on use, but law of averages is on the side that some will be exhausted in the not too distant future and without easy alternatives, meaning you only need one to become economically viable to make the whole operation make sense.

I wikid platinum and didnt see those percentages. Whered you get those percentages from?
I know you only think in terms of money, but exploration is greater than the your God the dollar.

>he does not realise we're already electrons in the eye of the superior beings that uses us as electricity

We are already traveling, we just don't see it

nah, we're just not motivated, we can get to mars as long as we commit to building vessels built for very long journeys

then there's the terraforming

earth is very complex as an ecosystem, it may actually be pretty easy to cultivate an atmosphere on mars and get idk, plants to grow

For it to be ecnomically viable it has to be absolutely essential to life on earth, with no replacement, and no ability to recycle it. Which is kind of an unlikely situation. Most technologies have various forms of implementation, we just go with whatever is the cheapest. It's difficult to imagine it ever being economically viable to burn all that fuel going into space, mining it and bringing it back.

No what would be magical is if you found a new deposit that's easy to mine so large that it means not only offsets our rate of consumption but also pushes out that date of exhaustion several decades into the future.

Attached: 1566703967093.png (600x600, 462K)

Scroll down the page
>no rational arguments and accusing me of being religious
well at least you've shown your true colors, but don't bother replying anymore

>advances in technology spurred on by the space race don't achieve ANYTHING but putting people on other planets

Top level dumb.

>sticking your dick where no man's has been before
Sounds like a great way to get space AIDS.

As I said, happens all the time, particularly with oil

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platinum
Where are the percentages?
Do you honestly think I was accusing you of actually believing a dollar is your deity, you retard?

space travel is a long term goal. Small advances now will help in the future when we need to colonize other planets, get resources etc

unfortunately our planet may not exist in 200 years unless if we move towards renewable energy

What a turd of a human

>Applications
>Of the 218 tonnes of platinum sold in 2014, 98 tonnes were used for vehicle emissions control devices (45%), 74.7 tonnes for jewelry (34%)

Being economically minded isn't about being greedy, it's about being rational. If you don't understand economics you're just a child who doesn't understand how the world works, so you probably shouldn't be thinking about big topics like space traveil

wouldn't need AC if they brought their water

Because it was too easy.

Well you got me on the percentages, still doesnt dismiss the concept being economically viable, considering NASA, scientists, and mega corporations all agree on its viability.

dumb dog poster

>considering NASA, scientists, and mega corporations all agree on its viability.
They don't. They agree it's possible, and so do I, some people SPECULATE it's economically viable, which I disgree with

Who are you?

>the fast inverse square root function in computing

Lel more like a fast inverse sqrt

Also it’s just a Newton-Rhapson approximation with a better precalculated starting point. Not even the best possible one

You are like the retard that said it was impossible to have TVs with colours, aren't you?

I have, though. It's overrated and useless.

I didn't say it was impossible. It's like flying cars and personal jetpacks. Both of those things exist, they're just not practical

First time watching a Joe Rogan podcast and I wanna catch more of them, any must watch episodes? Any chimpouts by the guests or Joe?

Attached: 1566246195084.gif (320x240, 261K)

Elon Alex Jones and Bernie

So that means we need to devote resources to research and experiment how to make flying cars and jetpacks practical

>fast inverse square root function
not true, he even admitted it

>Alex Jones
oh boy, that's going to be an interesting episode.

>, and no ability to recycle it.
If we deplete a mineral and there is no alternative and it's maintains it demand, all of which is highly likely considering how many minerals we're going to deplete in the next century recycling isn't going to be the answer for long. Recycling only gets back a certain percentage of usable material once it's all been mined and used and we can't find any more, recycling operations will likely get more efficient considering the economics but it will never reach 100% that reserve will diminish given enough time and with that supply drying up and steady demand prices will skyrocket meaning asteroid mining inevitably becomes economically viable.

Do you really think we will find renewable alternatives for every resource we are currently running out of on Earth and our current resources will last another couple centuries without it ever becoming economical to mine the copious amounts of the these resources floating just outside our reach? Rockets are expensive, but given centuries of time there are alternatives to rockets.

Attached: how-much-metals-and-energy-is-left.png (1247x1754, 258K)

As a fan of both Joe Rogan and John Carmack, it's awkward that this is one of the worst episodes I've ever seen.

technology isnt magic

Not really, but it's pretty to think so.

Joe Rogan is complicit on giving alt-right hate speech a platform on which to propagate. He gets no sympathy or views from me.

Any sufficiently advanced technology...

Based CSM

>
>It is humanity's destiny is to colonise the universe, and space travel is the bare minimum to achieve that.

Attached: soyboy-2.png (210x240, 6K)

Attached: 1566746866682.png (762x720, 455K)

You're right, we should be spending it on education so that maybe in 100 years we'll stand a chance at not eagerly eradicating our species.

You're not wrong.

is left really CGR?

>which I disgree with
Holy crap, you really are a fucking moron. Like Jesus Christ this is ungodly levels of stupid.

Given centries of time there are alternatives to everything, which is my point, but the energy expenditure between mining something from a far-off place or here on earth doesn't change. Recycling tech becoming better is more likely too, not just using X and then reclaiming a certain percetnage of it, rather using X and then being able to use the product it turns into, You may burn oil, coal, and gas, but you aren't burning silver or gold or copper, it remains in existence and doesn't go anywhere

>Talking about space exploitation when we haven't even done anything significant with the sea yet

Slow down space autists this isn't the time yet

Attached: 1566765491305.jpg (480x647, 38K)

no arguments, calls others stupid

based and redpilled

Conquering every ocean on earth isnt significant? Theres trash in the Marianas trench, we got this shit on lockdown.

>Given centries of time there are alternatives to everything, which is my point,
No your point was that it will never be a point where mining asteroids will be more economically viable than mining earth and you've done nothing but employ magical thinking to reach that conclusion. Because will with magically either find renewable alternatives, or magically all demand will dry up, or magically we find untapped deposited that will magically be so large we magically never run out. It's all very weak stuff based on seemingly nothing.

Only works when you're so stupid.

>VRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVRVR
I forgot Carmack was there at Oculus. Makes me feel a bit better about giving Facebook money for a Rift S.
Carmack is a good guy. Whoever made the AUDIO on the Rift S needs to be tarred and feathered in public however.

I've posted reasoning, facts and figures. What else do you want? How about the fact that the surface of the Earth is 70% water, and how many deep sea mining operations are there? You think it's easier to go in space than down to the ocean floor? Your belief that mining asteroids is inevitable is based on equally magical thinking about the progress (or lack of progress) of technology. We're finding ways to be more efficient with resources right now, like electric cars

Paul stamets, great episode.

i have those same asics holy shit

Im no magician but im pretty sure it is easier to go in space than the ocean floor considering the mass amount of pressure.

Why do they even bother including audio? If you can afford VR you can afford a decent headset

Clearly you aren't a scientist either then

Doesnt take a scientist to remember all the failed mining ops and oil spills.

Jake the snake was a good episode too.

Why the fuck is it taking so long for the goddamn VR fad to die out like it should have done FUCKING IMMEDATELY?
There is zero advantage to playing games in VR. Zero. You can't name even fucking one. Immersive? Please. I get more immersed in pixel art 2d games on a fucking 15" CRT back in the old days than on your fucking VR bullshit.

shall i post the challenger exploding

its more immersive

>I've posted facts and figures.
No you haven't, please do though. I have, conversely, which is why my position is so much stronger than yours. It would mean you'd actually have something backing up your reasoning which would make my time spent on you feel less like a waste.

It is dead. People are just beating its corpse

Joe talked like 10 times it was great

Sure it's a pretty cool gif, but it didnt pollute 1/1000th as much as the BP oil rig exploding.

I already posted how 80% of the worlds usage of platinum is soon-to-be redundant

>tuning a ferrari
I guess he's now on the ferrari's blacklist now.

I find it hilarious you think that supports your point in anyway.

Books have been the most immersive form of media I've experienced with movies being a distant second then games. People seriously devalue the power of imagination, probably because people have so little of it these days.

John Carmack likes to practice Judo and people got mad at him for going to an UFC event.

Attached: 20190830_1935462280.jpg (1200x875, 164K)

And that is your only data point? It's tangential to your hypothesis at best.

>people mad at him for going to a sporting event

Huh? Why?

Won't die anymore as it has porn.

>this thread
>again

It's been spammed for the entire day here and on /vr/. How much is Joe Rogan paying you? Or is that you Joe?

It's like less than 3% of our budget nigga. Even if you don't believe in the extraterrestrial conditions which pose a risk or advantage to humanity, that's a drop in the bucket for the US budget. The fact alone that it's being carried on the back of the profit-reliant private sector should be enough to convince you to sit down as far as ROI is concerned.

Also first world society literally relies on satellites to function as it does so you better be some off the grid hilljack to not believe in our space budget.

>That eye on the shirt
Somebody has been initiated with the globohomos

This.
We should spend more money on welfare programs for brown kids.

First podcast ever where he didn't talk about MMA, weed or monkeys for more than 5 minutes.

fighting is wrong
don't waste time on stuff like that go support your local abortion clinic instead

>There is zero advantage to playing games in VR. Zero. You can't name even fucking one. Immersive? Please. I get more immersed in pixel art 2d games on a fucking 15" CRT back in the old days than on your fucking VR bullshit.
Not everyone takes acid daily my man.

What should we waste our money on then?

Attached: 1462495870474.jpg (655x527, 59K)

me

Do you think posting a graph of resource supply and demand linearly projected into the future is a solid data point? Supply and demand changes all the time. If you want to make any prediction based on current trends it's much more likely that we'll be more efficient with what we have than get to the point where we have than do incredibly inefficient offworld asteroid mining

Don't need to. Games with GAMEPLAY and FUN are better and more immersive than the fucking goddamn theme park ride bullshit of modern games made thousands of times worse by fucking VR.

>he didn't invest in VR and AR

You sound like those retards that said that physical media wasn't gonna go extinct.

Attached: nagatoro.jpg (550x322, 69K)

I'm gonna get Romero to sign my switch in a few days.

Ant idea what I can do to keep the signature from fading and still use it? Someone said nail varnish

still listening to it.

the whole thing is a huge VR commercial.

they've stopped talking about it for the first time at around 1:40:00...

i wonder how much joe got paid to shut up while john sells his product

Well now you're arguing against the software rather than the hardware. Which not many people will disagree with, but also doesn't coincide with the tech needing to "DIE IMMEDIATELY".

What is the relation between fighting and abortion clinic?

You could have a hypothetical spaceship that travels at the speed of light and you still wouldn't be able to reach the nearest star because space is expanding so rapidly. You know this right? We're trapped here. Which is good because humanity is shit.

Attached: IMG_6220.jpg (370x414, 33K)

Presence, you'd have to experience VR to understand the difference between that feeling of playing a game with a controller and actually being there in that virtual world. Even doing a mundane thing like watching a movie in a VR movie theater would change your mind.

That's part of the problem though, it's hard to sell people on something people don't even know they want yet. But then you plop them down with a VR headset and they watch 3D movie in 3D without glasses darkening the screen all while watching a simulated 800" inch screen on their tiny little screen strapped to their face all from the comfort of the living room. That's the kind of thing people don't get about VR. They see the shitty games and they think I don't want that waggle gimmick, and my monitor is just fine as it is, but then you get them in VR and they're inundated with that feeling of being teleported to another place that they truly understand why it's a big deal.

Because although he knows his shit, Everything he’s famous for is work he slapped his name on. He’s honestly kind of a hack and his whole VR venture exposed a lot of that shit

Attached: Rick-and-Morty-I-Love-Science-Silly-Vinyl.jpg (400x400, 31K)

>Everything he’s famous for is work he slapped his name on
that's because he made it you fruit

First of all here's your (((You)))

but seriously, COD games ran on a modified quake 3 engine. SO he literally made call of duty. get fucked.

BUY VR

VR IS GOOD

VR IS THE FUTURE

VR VR VR VR

ALSO HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT VIRTUAL REALITY?

I LOVE VR

VR IS SO COOL

>Ant idea what I can do to keep the signature from fading and still use it?

Have him sign your Switch with a knife. Scratches don't fade.

I'd like to see you actually support these points with facts and figures. Otherwise you're not going to convince anyone with this.

Doom is literally all I play now.

>get industry veteran in who is currently working full time on VR
>surprised when they talk about VR

>space travel is pointless
imagine being able to shitpost on mars or the moon

UBI
Sexbots
Sealab 2021

Attached: 1490966926747.webm (444x764, 1.52M)

>Because this shit long term has to be worse for your eyes than even staring at a full brightness monitor in the dark ever could be.
No, that's not the case. The focal length depends on the HMD but most are in the 1-2m range, so if you're looking at a monitor it's actually going to be closer than the image in the HMD. Their screens also aren't very bright and they take up most of your field of view, so it's not like staring at a bright monitor in the dark at all, it's more like looking at a wall from 2m away in a not very brightly lit room.

How many do I have to post to satisfy you? Electric cars aren't enough? We're probably going to have an alternate form of energy soon too, or else we're fucked even with asteroid mining unless we find asteroids full of dead dinosaurs

can we first get a fucking pill that converts glucose into protein in the liver or that at least strips it of most of its calories, I understand that going to mars or the moon is gonna make being fat less of an issue due to reduced gravity, but surely there must be a way to solve this problem here on earth.

youtube.com/watch?v=lTfGBCe-vpk
is good

If you're selling a $400 VR set and talking about your HALO whatever surround audio ring pre-launch it should atleast sound like something. I'm not even picky, it just sounds horrific. And by horrific I mean I've heard clearer and punchier trve kvlt black metal demos. Or old children's toys.

>I get more immersed in pixel art 2d games on a fucking 15" CRT back in the old days than on your fucking VR bullshit.
You should come over to my place and play some NES games in VR, bro!

And you sound like those retards that kinect was the future of gaming

[Approaches him with a knife]
"Umm excuse me, John?"

Honestly the thing I'm most worried about is his wife expecting to sign it too

Nobody wants to play anything in VR. I swear to fuck, it took goddamn 3d movies long enough to goddamn die off, can we finally kill off fucking gimmicky VR, too? Both are born of the exact same fucking mentality, corporate asshats trying to bring back horribly failed ideas hoping that people now are too goddamn stupid to realize how shit it has always been and always will be.

VR gives me zits and is a hassle but I would play neuralink driven VR all day tbbqh

that time when Joe Rogan chimped out because Steven Crowder antagonized him on weed
youtube.com/watch?v=Z8QlfsKWEYY

>kinect

Some of the kinect technology is still used today. Only poorfags don't like VR because they can't afford it.

this, VR in modern AAA trash is like a lipstick on a pig
Can't wait for it to die and be relegated to the niche of porn market.

Enough to support your points is all. Just saying "electric cars" doesn't mean we'll never reach a point where we don't run out of resources because that's trading one resource for another. And demand for resources tends to increase over time as we find more ways to use something so even if the "Auto" use for Platinum falls to 0 that doesn't mean suddenly no one wants Platinum anymore or we'll never run out, all it does is push that date of exhaustion back a little, and again that's only one resource.

Attached: platinum-demand-and-use.png (1227x496, 227K)

>that sunk cost
cope

This and both alex jones shows. Eddie Bravo if you like conspiracies not even /x/ falls for.

What a lazy fat piece of shit you are

you no nothing of physics stop talking out of your ass

Wow rude, stay on topic personal attacks are off limit

I FUCKING LOVE JOE ROGAN BRO

Attached: when_the_soy_hits.webm (374x500, 2.99M)

A resource only truly "runs out" if it's converted into an unusable form or blasted off into space never to be seen again. We don't run out of gold because we're building circuits with them. That gold still exists in usuable form and can be recycled. The idea that we'll just keep consuming more and more precious metals only applies if the population just keeps increasing, which I'm assuming it won't, because there's no way the Earth can susatain unlimited population growth for many reasons. The resources that truly run out are fuels, but even then, people are finding ways to recycle nuclear fuel

Man why can't the soviet union just rise again

>Carmack still dresses like a douche all these years later

I love it.

You know nothing about English, and I'm not talking out of my ass. Stop making yourself look stupid.

Graham Hancock, Alex Jones, Bob Lazaar if you're a conspiracy fag like me

Thank god. The sun will burn any evidence of our existence after. humans are a disease and cant be allowed to spread.

>no chimps
>no dmt
>not even weed
what the fuck rogan what happened to memery

>Carmack shits on Overwatch for being casual and calls the players deadweight

This is why Quake was good

Attached: 1446014486281.jpg (768x1024, 181K)

>Fucking pointless
just like life itself. One day humanity will die out too. How pointless to even do anything :(

>dota? what's that?
ASFAGGOTS BTFO

Feels weird, literally everything Carmack is talking about I already knew from college. Stuff like the death of Moore's law is cool but still

>He wears unironic gamer shirts
You know guys I've been thinking maybe Doom and Quake weren't really that great after all

Then you're an autist or something. I don't know what to say.

For every dollar the US Government spent on the Apollo program it made 14 back from technologies developed specifically for it.

And that should be better than Doom? Make some meaningless improvement on car?

>Why did this man waste almost 2 decades of his life making shitty video games instead of spending his time making fuel efficient rockets and affordable electric cars?
Because he didn't want to make fuel efficient rockets and affordable electric cars. He wanted to make cool video game graphics.

JESUS CHRIST JOE STOP SHILLING YOUR SHITTY SHOW ON HERE NOBODY CARES

>You could have a hypothetical spaceship that travels at the speed of light and you still wouldn't be able to reach the nearest star because space is expanding so rapidly.
Based retard. By our current estimate of the expansion rate, our universe is only expanding at c or faster past 12.5 billion ly. There is literally no expansion occurring within our galaxy or even our local group. Also, if you were inside this hypothetical spaceship traveling at the speed of light, you would arrive at the nearest star instantaneously due to time dilation.

Nice mechanics, max level is subjective and the game fucking kills you instead of a stat reset.

isn't that the occulus logo?

>That part where he shits on unionization and says crunch culture doesn't exist because people are passionate about what they do
Boy, don't show this to Resetera, they're going to flip.

>first hour is VR shilling
yawn, this coming from someone that owns a rift.

We need that money to support Israel. Fuck off spacefag.

Obviously, but adjusting for inflation NASA's budget in 1966 was still more than double its current one, nearly $50 billion vs $20 billion.

>You play team based modes so you can win even if your shit
>Mfw I only play team modes in Quake Champions

Attached: Screenshot_20190813-004447__01.jpg (1080x1428, 157K)

This chart is a decade old and incredibly wrong. We've found several deposits since then that have completely blown our estimates out of the water. We'll probably run out someday, but for now we're talking centuries if not longer, not decades.

-Drill a hole into the core.
-Dump a few trillion tonnes of iron and nickel in
-Detonate "some" nukes to get it sloshing around and hot
-Hope a magnetic field big enough is formed
-Offshore all our industrial capacity there so we start belching out hydrocarbons and other chemicals into the air
-Hope the magnetic field is strong enough to hold it all in until we get a thick blanket of smog and toxic shit
-Dump microbes on the planet
-Wait a few billion years and hope evolution puts it on a similar path as ours so we get carbon-pulling/oxygen-releasing organisms to create a habitable atmosphere

Easy!

you're right, i shouldn't have mentioned the speed of light part, but what I mean to say is; we would die before we reached another star. it's impossible for a human to reach another star. humanity can't escape this solar system, even if humans reproduced over and over again on a hypothetical spaceship, the nearest star would still be impossible to reach because of space inflation. we're dying here and there's nothing we can do about it.

>his soul is weighed down by gravity

Attached: 0ab.jpg (640x480, 27K)

Tim Sweeney just made games and engines and he is an actual billionaire. Maybe Carmack should dial down his ego.

*not adjusted for inflation

pwned

Based Carmack. He basically roasted zoomers.

you are all retarded, we're at a point where space related investments are carried out by big corporations, it's time the government stepped out as to avoid any fuck up a government is always inclined to do
a corporation must have results unlike the government which just taxes people to oblivion

he clearly said he wasn't good at managing people, that's the main reason he didn't go the elon musk route

fuckin ancaps

Again that isn't true. Voyager 2 will be able to reach ~5ly in 20000 years, further than our nearest star, and modern spacecraft are capable of going 10x that speed. I don't doubt the logistics will make it impossible for us to ever leave, but it would definitely be possible to create a generation ship and reach Proxima Centauri in just a few millennia.

>the nearest star would still be impossible to reach because of space inflation
That isn't happening, expansion is too weak to affect anything inside our galaxy, unless big rip were to happen, but even then that's ~40 billion years away.

Yeah we all know corporations never fuck up.

Attached: bpoilspill98606587.jpg (1280x960, 177K)

I'm all for it. When they decided to use stronk BLACK womon with a non-American flag in the background as their symbol, I knew they were pozzed.

less than the government
and when a corporation fucks up, they gain a lot learning from it, unlike the government which always hides the fuck up

You must be pretty retarded too, or you'd know those private companies deal heavily with NASA, without whom they wouldn't be anywhere near where they are right now.

and corporations are going to surpass NASA soon enough

it's a good thing to have a generalisation of the technologies used to be specific and only available to NASA and the government

that used to be specific*

>fast inverse square root function in computing
IIRC that remains uncredited to this day

They would probably kill us on sight.

you hope that so you can fuck an alien vagina

those haircuts
youtube.com/watch?v=VQr9isjLicA

>recycling will solve it
we already covered this see

more important question, why is his military twin keeps making so much videos on YT?
youtube.com/watch?v=h9s3wOmP7BI

K well when they do feel free to holler back. In the meantime they're still stuck doing what essentially nasa was doing 50 years ago by testing the waters. I'll give a shit when corporations are setting up their own space stations or hauling rocks into orbit or whatever you euphoricists salivate over.

(you)

Attached: download.png (402x617, 315K)

My dad was in the Corps for 20 years and always wore his hair too long and slightly out of uniform to trigger uppity COs.

>Wait a few billion years and hope evolution puts it on a similar path
The other option would be doing things underground. Decreases a lot of issues like with radiation.

This could be you.

Attached: 1509889056863.jpg (984x720, 61K)

Why? It's not a hollywood movie.

youtu.be/b3T7Rrw08W0

Alex Jones and Alex Jones 2

>they gain a lot learning from it
Like how Ford gained a lot of information about how to build car bombs from continuing to manufacture Pintos after they realized they were deathtraps?

>muh that's only one example

Because I'm not going to sit here and give you an exhaustive list. Something being privately owned isn't a magic formula for it being less likely to be fucked. At best it changes HOW something is fucked from being fucked to suit an electoral agenda to being fucked to cut corners for the board's bonuses.

why does everyone assumes aliens (if they do exist at all) will be super advanced compared to us? Has anyone think that maybe aliens are all tribal ooga boogas on some random planet and when we find them we ended up doing what many fictions thought of the aliens doing it to us?

Alex Jones part 1 and 2

It's not an assumption, it's all imagination anyway and we're more likely to focus on threats than inert curiosities. Star Trek has this "Prime Directive" about non-interference with primitive cultures but of course everyone remembers the Klingons and Romulans.

you can sue the corporation but you can't get rid of a government so easily you dipshit

>(((e celebs)))
fuck off

>committing the grievous sin of fornication because of muh blue colors
cringe, yikes, etc.

>carmack speaks clearly and knows what he is going to say
>Blow Rogan stumbles over everything and doesnt have the faintest idea of what he is going to ask or what carmack is saying
Might aswell have carmack just make his own vlog, JRE wasnt really needed and didnt speak at all

>carmack
>e-celeb
commit sudoku

The only chance to meet some any time soon is if they are highly advanced.

based

i just listened to this at work interesting stuff

Space travel is fascist. The real goal of humanity is to achieve equality so everyone can own an iPhone.

joe the boomiest of boomers

>Why did this man waste almost 2 decades of his life making shitty video games instead of spending his time making fuel efficient rockets and affordable electric cars?
Because video games are more important than rockets and cars. He's a genius so he understood that was more important. If you were as smart as him you would've also made video games instead of working on your rocket engineering degree.

no that dog is smart, it's a genuine problem

>Any chimpouts by the guests or Joe?
Yeah sometimes, Joe is pretty agreeable,or at least acts that way so the guest can go on about what he's talking about, but Crowder famously was iffy on weed and Joe called him a cocksucker or something.

Louis Theroux is a good guest.
Eddie Izzard was pretty good recently.

So what happens to gaming when in 20 years when we start hitting the limits of die shrinks, there isn't some magical technology to save us from the impending end of moore's law, and everything is using a 1-3nm process and Intel/AMD/Nvidia/Samsung can't go any smaller because of electron quantum tunneling and computers just stop getting smaller and faster for the foreseeable future? Sure you might get another couple generations of advancements made from architectural improvements but if you can't shrink the die anymore those are going to be pretty incremental rather than revolutionary.

Do Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo just stop making new consoles after awhile? Does Nvidia/AMD just stop making new GPUs? Does everyone just settle for what we have for 50, 60, 70 or more years until we make something new? Does gaming die? Kinda interesting to think about what will happen when there isn't a next best thing and the only improvements come from optimization for what everyone already has rather than building games and devices for the next generation of hardware.

It's gonna be pretty weird when everything is at perfect parity, Gaming PCs, Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft all with essential the same spec and price point. All mobile devices running roughly the same hardware because you just can't go any further using silicon based microchips. You could potentially have an entire generation of kids who grow up without experiencing new video game hardware. Surely we'll find something to make things smaller and faster again eventually, it's really to hard to think of a world where the technical progression of computer hardware just plateaus for a couple generations and then stops for years and years but that's the way things are looking right now. At least on the computational speed side of things. Storage mediums have plenty of avenues to advance into but CPU tech seems like it's hitting a dead end, and sooner than we think.

>it's a Joe doesn't talk episode
That means Joe realizes the person he's talking to is really smart and doesn't want to come off as stupid, same thing happened with Roger Penrose.

>anyone who disagrees with me must be mentally handicapped

They warned us...

Attached: 253946.jpg (1024x768, 121K)

Carmack did more for fuel efficient rockets and affordable electric cars by tangentially driving the demand for advances inl computing than any single fucking scientist on the planet.

Silicon is not the end-all of semiconductor technology, even now gallium-nitride is far superior. Also new advances in cooling can give greater clock speeds, combined with new chip architecture. Lastly, optimization is hugely unexplored nowadays when pajeet coders constantly push things onto only the first core of your CPU. I'm not going to pretend I know how quantum computers work, but if there are smart people in the thread they will explain how much of an improvement they are. Moore's law isn't going to expire in our lifetime.

Use photons instead of electrons.

What advances in cooling could possibly happen? I thought this stuff has stayed the same for years. Like, not much more we can do in consumer technology without making computers like a part of our plumbing or something, and certainly not anything we can do for laptops or smaller form factors.

>implying we can't find some universe quirks that can shoot us across the galaxy within a century of capitlism

I just want to see the mEMe engine in use

identity theft

screenshotting this to post it somewhere online in 2030

>I'm not going to pretend I know how quantum computers work
Quantum computers aren't going to save us, they are totally different from a architectural standpoint. If you wanted to play video games on a Quantum computer we'd essentially be starting over from pong and they actually don't do very well doing sequential work loads what most games and your typical computer program work on what they are good at though is cracking encryption, while your computer has a hard time brute forcing a password because each time it has to put in a new variable and run the sequence again that's simple for quantum computers.

>Silicon is not the end-all of semiconductor technology, even now gallium-nitride is far superior.
That's not going to help when the wires are so small and close together between the circuits that the super position of the electron can be in two places at once causing errors, you'll need something else some revolutionary change in design philosophy. Cryogenic cooling will never be mass market and the way we traditionally made cooler and faster CPUs was via die shrinks using smaller and smaller processes and those are nearing their limits.

To say that there is no value to a technology capable of creating entire worlds and realities is mentally handicapped.

Unironiclly true
Realistically, even if we had the resources and technology to colonize Mars, it'd be pointless
>Oh boy, I'm so happy we're living on this planet that we can't go outside ever
If anything, we should colonize the oceans, it makes more sense and is way easier logistically

Attached: 1528462914898.jpg (497x646, 128K)

>That's not going to help when the wires are so small and close together between the circuits that the super position of the electron can be in two places at once causing errors
that's not how transistors work, but irrelevant. Ga-nitride transistors are capable of operating at much higher temperatures than silicon, meaning clock speeds can be way higher, meaning better performance. The size of semi-conductor transistors does have a lower limit due to quantum tunneling, but nothing is stopping us from making faster cores or just making the CPU bigger.

There might be a future in that, photons don't have this problem and they move as fast as possible, but how exactly do you use Photons in place of Electrons on this scale? Fiberoptic technology isn't anywhere close to the nano-level, and that technology would first have to mature to the point where it matches the best electron-based computers before it'd be advantageous to use them. Meaning you'd have to spend R&D money reinventing the wheel for generations before it'd make sense.

Most fiber-optics are still just fishing line with an LED on the other end and while it has it's uses at data centers it's not really something you can just slot into a current CPU and just say to the computer you're using photons now.

Usually anytime we do anything relating to space it's the tangential advancements that are important. What did we get out of landing on the moon, couple rocks, some B-reel of astronauts hopping around on the lunar surface, not much of value. What did we get out of the mission to land on the moon? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_spinoff_technologies

There hasnt been a large scale national effort project since the moon landing, and afaik there are never were any planned afterwards. Why would they get +4% of the funding if they were planning on just doing smaller scale rover and satellite projects?

space shuttle
international space station
mars missions
james webb telescope
etc.

You clearly don't have a very firm grasp of the topic at hand but I will continue to humor you. Silicon has a limit of around ~150 °C while Gallium nitride is ~400 °C, while that seems significant that's not enough to ensure you'll continue to see major leaps in transistor counts or performance. Larger CPUs similarly won't see major leaps in transistor counts because larger means slower and more heat. There is room for improvements over silicon but nothing revolutionary to push moore's law into the foreseeable future. This is a problem we will be facing in the next 20 years.

Face it brainlet, we're hitting the limits of computer technology and we don't have anything lined up to save us.

>tangentially driving the demand for advances inl computing
All you need is a 386 to play doom

Once you get up into the billions you have a different point of view on materialism and money. Sure they still live comfortably and have big houses and nice cars, but at that point they are basically playing a civ game where their money is reinvested into other places, businesses, technologies, even different countries, to build their "empire" up.

What about Quake?

>international space station
You mean the one several other countries were working on and pumping more resources into?
>Mars missions
The ones that never left the drawing board?

So. What do we need all this computing power for? Let's say computers get 10x faster and that's the end. Is that 10x the speed we have currently really not good enough? Games have incredible graphics already.

mmm

As opposed to wasting decades on Yea Forums? The guys a genius and seems happy. I don’t give a fuck what he does in his time.

graphics is just one small part of it
we can't run dwarf fortress properly

Because he'd rather make ammo efficient rocket launchers and an electric WMD called the "Big Fucking Gun". Who wouldn't want to do the same?

>that part where he talks about putting compressed gas tanks on all corners of a Tesla and making a bunny-hopping capable car
Carmack is a fucking genius

How is this thread still up?

Graphene

>What do we need all this computing power for?
>Games have incredible graphics already.
People said the same about the PS2. Are you ready to go back?

LMAO
governments have ceased subsidizing electric cars because they realized that if every ICE car was to be replaced by electric cars at a rate of one million per year you'd need a new major multi-billion-dollar electric power plant EVERY YEAR UNTIL EVERY CAR IS REPLACED

Not to even mention the fact that lithium used in the batteries is fucking dirty to mine, making electric cars really damaging to make. If you want environmentally friendly, just do carbon-netural biofuels; not only are they actually environmentally friendly, you don't even need to build new cars.

Carmack is arguably the most important person in video games.

Did you not hear what he said about people just brute forcing code with computing power? It's always easier and cheaper to put a new stick of RAM in a computer than optimize code.

ray-tracing, enemy AI, and larger servers. Imagine GTA Online with the population of an actual city inside a single server

Cohn Jarmack is video game

He's also slut for chink money.

youre right, we should just do nothing

LMAO
governments have ceased subsidizing electric cars because they realized that if every ICE car was to be replaced by electric cars at a rate of one million per year you'd need a new major multi-billion-dollar electric power plant EVERY YEAR UNTIL EVERY CAR IS REPLACED

Not to even mention the fact that lithium used in the batteries is fucking dirty to mine, making electric cars really damaging to make. If you want environmentally friendly, just do carbon-netural biofuels; not only are they actually environmentally friendly, you don't even need to build new cars.

Cringe and leftiepilled. Have DMT.

It's only a money sink because we aren't getting a return. The moment we capture only a single asteroid, the money will print itself. Millions of tons of rare metals. Space travel would pay for itself as soon as we get asteroid mining kicked off.

Education.
Reformation of our health care system.
Heavy restriction on companies that desire to become an unstoppable/omnipresent force, like Amazon or Disney.

I literally said
>just do carbon-netural biofuels; not only are they actually environmentally friendly, you don't even need to build new cars

The electric car meme is just daddy musk trying to sell you his shit cars

Attached: interstellar-moon-landing-2.png (475x262, 66K)

Based.

>he didnt saw gundam
Maybe is truly the ultimate goal of humanity
nigger

Attached: 1522632754940.jpg (700x525, 231K)

Depleting the resource is the only way to spurn action.
The hivemind of old men resisting change don't take action until the crisis has completely crawled up their asses and built a home in their rectums.
Oil is literally "too big". The capitalists will ride the last barrel straight into the fires of hell to make another buck.

>Imagine GTA Online with the population of an actual city inside a single server
I literally couldn't imagine a worse experience.

Because using your own headset is way too cumbersome. If you tried either an original Rift or the new Index you'd know how much built-in audio saves on weight, and therefore comfort. The Audio on both these two I mentioned is pretty damn good too, unlike the Rift S.

You morons do realize that a lot of the VR games on the (still very young) market have a shit-ton more gameplay than "groudbreaking" "cinematic" experiences that sell like fucking hotcakes on the fucking PS4 right?

Also, VR isn't dying any time soon. In fact, number of headsets registered on Steam is growing exponentially, and this isn't even accounting for the Oculus Store or the behemoth that is PSVR.

Any Alex Jones
Tulsi Gabbard
Michael Malice
Jake the Snake
Diamond Dallas Page
Jocko Willink
David Goggins
Eric/Bret Weinstein
Ms. Pat
Everlast

And if you want some real shit: Tom Delonge.

So we should spend trillions on space habitats so the ungrateful fucks can declare independence 80 years later and drop shit on us from obit? Fuck that.

I want to see cool robots
and newtypes could be cool to

oh and the Gavin McInnes episode was fucking hilarious. It was before all the madness we're in now.

Is this what you tell yourself to go to sleep at night?

The VR market is getting healthier by the month and you faggots have been spouting this meme since 2016, hoping that maybe the next time you'll say "VR is dead" it'll be true.

Attached: 1566748942074.jpg (467x531, 48K)

Maybe if John fucking Carmack says so I'm more inclined to believe it than a shitposter on Yea Forums who thinks Detroit: Become Human is the peak of gaming

You can use the same argument for 3D cinema and this meme was born and died about 20 times.

When will Carmack do something relevant again?

I know that Yea Forums is meant to be contrarian but you're retarded. There is LITERALLY no point to books now that games and movies exist. It is a strictly inferior method of storytelling, it doesn't even have sound and visuals, that has been kept alive by lonely women.

Attached: 1565048620494.gif (320x286, 460K)

You're making this about control and your petty pride. I hope you realize that.

Maybe don't have your soul weighed down by gravity then

Attached: feddies.png (468x578, 332K)

It's almost like the "VR is dead" people don't know what the fuck they're talking about

>comparing VR to 3D cinema
That's how we know you've never tried a VR headset and are full of shit no matter how many times you insist "yeah i tried and it was shit lmao"

Why not just make humans blue?

Attached: 1522205072680.png (744x730, 1015K)

>shitty
Get ye gone, zoomer.

I'm not a big listener, but the few episodes I've listened to/watched, Billy Corgan is by far my favorite. Seems like a dude I'd love to hang out with.

Hilarious how we waste money on ac for soldiers

I'm talking about your argument, which can be used for just about anything and doesn't mean a fucking thing.
And I have epilepsy, so I will never put one of these on my head. Also, casual gamers don't see games as autistic who find it normal to completely isolate themselves from the outside world because of a children's pastime. Games that require 100% of your focus are not a good product for normies and casual players.
VR is a product for a small niche.

do you think he could do that if he had to google how to clear a hard drive?

Attached: 43243243.png (1250x659, 734K)

>the whole thing is a huge VR commercial.

nigga. this man is the CTO of a VR company. his days are dedicated to the development of VR what did you expect.

he leveled up

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 41K)

>your argument
I'mma have to stop you there since I'm not even the user you originally replied to. I think using VR for watching movies is pretty braindead.

>And I have epilepsy, so I will never put one of these on my head.
That depends on the software you play. Just take the same precautions you do when playing regular games.

>blah blah normies blah blah VR is a product for a small niche.
Then please, explain to me the crushing success of PSVR and how its sales continue to snowball, as do the PC VR Headset sales (less so, understandably because of PC hardware requirements)

You know what "Niche markets" behave like? Sales rise at the beginning and then follow a linear trend.
VR proper is in its third year, and already we're getting a gen 2 which is going to be even more popular than gen 1, which by itself was already staggeringly popular no matter what the Yea Forums contrariants want to say.

People who say "VR is dead" are just in denial that they are missing out on the only new paradigm in gaming while "traditional" gaming devolves into cinematic shit thanks to greedy AAA devs.
I've said this before but epilepsy is no excuse. Don't play VRChat and you'll be fine.

Based and truthpilled.

Carmack is just an autist with an inflated sense of worth from 30 years of people riding his dick over a shooter he made 30 years ago.

It's funny how Carmack talks about VR as being a convenient replacement for people who don't have space for huge TVs or can't afford it while in reality it's still an overpriced gimmicky toy and clickbait fuel letsplayers.
VR will never be as big as desktop or console gaming just because you have to put the fucking thing on your head. Even phone gaming (I mean beyond match-three time killers on a bus) could barely take off just because people are forced into using smartphones for lots of thing these days.

>Why the fuck is it taking so long for the goddamn VR fad to die out like it should have done FUCKING IMMEDATELY?
>JUST DIE ALREADY I DON'T WANNA HAVE TO SPEND MONEY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: DndpvcaU8AQ5UM-.jpg large.jpg (601x601, 51K)

Games > Books > Movies

>t's funny how Carmack talks about VR as being a convenient replacement for people who don't have space for huge TVs or can't afford it while in reality it's still an overpriced gimmicky toy and clickbait fuel letsplayers.
>in reality it's still an overpriced gimmicky toy and clickbait fuel letsplayers.

You could at least try and form a proper sentence instead of just believing that a bunch of shitty, meaningless buzzwords thrown together will form something coherent.

Then again, expecting anything more than single-digit IQ from the "VR gimmick" crowd is a bit much. You would think that after 3 years of exponential growth, the denial stage of the grieving process would end.

>Even phone gaming could barely take off
You mean the medium that overtook console gaming even if you take out all the middle aged Candy Crush women?

>Then please, explain to me the crushing success of PSVR and how its sales continue to snowball
This is not the first time someone has achieved financial success by selling a useless gimmick.

>thinking its about system requirements
vidya propels computer/console sales, which drives hardware development, which drives software/vidya development
Or do you think computers would be where they are today if the only applications were word processing and spreadsheets?

Do explain to me how games that are literally more involved and have more gameplay content than 90% of Playstation exclusives. on a platform with 100% functional technology are a "gimmick" and how that word is anything more than a meaningless buzzword that you use as a replacement for "thing I haven't tried"

It's literally a coping mechanism.

Video games are not the only reason computers are powerful. But if it weren't for them, there would probably not be cheap and affordable alternatives to dealing with 3D graphics. These things would probably be restricted to industry or something.

>Then please, explain to me the crushing success of PSVR
It's not a "crushing success" by the standards of anyone who expects VR to take over the market. PSVR has sold like 4.2 million units in 2.5 years. In the same amount of time, the PS4 itself sold something like 40 million. That's a massive difference and PSVR is not "crushing" anything. It's maybe on par with the Xbox kinect.

coding is coding brah, he just loves that, regardless of what its for.

colonizing planets is meme-tier garbage
the only viable reason to explore space is to harvest minerals and materials from new planets

at least that's the only reason I can see anybody giving a fuck about it

Give me examples of what games you are talking about. I want to see it on YouTube for a laugh.

Right or wrong he's still doing interesting things and he had interesting things to say on the podcast. Reading and responding to your inane post was far more of a waste and I am already regretting it.

>It's not a "crushing success" by the standards of anyone who expects VR to take over the market.
I don't know anyone who unironically believes that VR gaming will "overtake" or "replace" traditional gaming when the point was never to replace anything. It's a peripheral that opens doors to a whole new medium.

It's the first generation of the tech and it's done pretty well for itself. It was unproven technology, and the point where it could have failed has long past, and that's kinda what I mean by "crushing success". VR is here to stay.

>making fuel efficient rockets and affordable electric cars

because fuck normies, making their lives better is a waste of time user, making video games made generations of autists happy

Yes

do they talk about jujitsu at all?

Attached: 20190829-010245.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

You might be onto something. I tried to colonize your mom's pussy last night but it was already enormously overpopulated.

fucking this, all these spacex and musk tards just spout the same shit, they don't even have a plan to combat the huge amount of radiation just to travel to mars so enjoy that ass cancer and fucked genetics when you land or populate. they would rather spend more on space then helping fix anything. at least look at bill gates he's AT LEAST trying

VR might be shitty tech but it's a goddamn good sales pitch.
It has all the marketing buzzwords in the right place: muh immersion, muh experience blahblahblah.
It's backed up by retrofuturistic imagery making it look like OMG THE FUTURE IS HERE.
It has constant supply of "we're ALMOST there" because tech is actually constantly improving (more compact headsets, motion tracking, better displays) while fundamental design issues that will never make it viable gameplay option can be shoved under the rug.
People who fell for it are at least getting perfectly functional gimmicky specialized peripherals like racing wheels or flight stick so it's highly unlikely for them to admit that they've been bamboozled.
VR meme will never deliver what it promises to be but it'll take a few years of noticeable stagnation to fully die.

Attached: 1560708280578.png (662x633, 743K)

Pavlov, which is a counter-strike ripoff, is way more involved in its gameplay than actual counter-strike
Even the rhythm games, like Beat Saber or Audica, make Osu look like a shitty mobile game.

Attached: 1483708069283.jpg (5000x3634, 987K)

yea

Based and redpilled. Nasa and all the other "space" agencies, "scientists" and other professionals liars must be stopped and exposed.

just finished listening, it was pretty cool, just wished they talked about more stuff other than fucking VR.
The part where they talk about the Ferrari's was fucking great

John is cool though. Meanwhile, take a look at Tim. He's pathetic.

I'd much rather have 1% spend money on space and life extension research than send computers to niglets in Africa. You stupid fucks have zero vision.

I'm pretty sure he's still not blacklisted since he has the talents to do CFD in Ferrari's wind tunnels and Ferrari is desperate enough to hire people so that they can beat Mercedes

The guy you're having a meltdown about merely asserted that VR for a small niche and other than perhaps some semantic quibbling over what "small" means you haven't really countered that.

Meanwhile you're showing strong evidence of wishful delusion

>"crushing" success
>"staggeringly" popular
>predicting how "niche markets" behave

You honestly remind me of people gushing about cryptocurrency in 2018 right before the crash.

I for one would rather spend money to attempt advancement for space travel than to sync in money towards issues that are already funded by someone else.

Still believing in the heliocentric lie in 2019... Silly goose

Portable consoles - yes.

Some one is modding COD zombies into pavlov

I really can't tell if you unironically believe this or if you're just tardposting.

>VR is just marketing buzzwods, the tech is shit
Nobody who has used a VR headset that isn't a shit-tier Gear VR thinks this.

>fundamental design issues that will never make it viable gameplay option can be shoved under the rug
Name one.
The tracking tech has been fine from day one, and chaperone systems/passthrough allow you to be aware of real-world shit around you so you don't bump into shit.

>VR meme will never deliver what it promises to be but it'll take a few years of noticeable stagnation to fully die.
It's delivered what was promised since day one unless you bought a low-end shit tier headset like PSVR.
The only fundamental flaws in VR used to be the shitty software but with games like In Death, H3VR, Pavlov, Beat Saber, Onward, Blade & Sorcery, and the new shit Valve is cooking, you can't even complain about that anymore.

All of this just reads like a "I don't want this tech to be good because I don't wanna spend the money" cope

Attached: 1337273865649.jpg (817x720, 87K)

What did you say to meeeeeeeeeeeee???

Stop arguing with poorfags who don't want to feel like they're missing out.

>>Oh boy, I'm so happy we're living on this planet that we can't go outside ever
>If anything, we should colonize the oceans
the entire point is that there would be no stupid people on mars.

Yeah because the 3 day Moon mission totally ate enough radiation to kill all 3 Apollo 11 astronauts

retard.

How is this thread still up?

To make trannies like you mad

It's just kind of sad to me that some people on Yea Forums won't get to experience cool shit that's way better than blizzard rehashes and retarded "cinematic experience" sony exclusives back in pancake world out of pure stubbornness or because somehow the VR industry is the reason why no AAA developer can get their shit together anymore.

Agreed. I lost interest in gaming for a few years, but VR pulled me back in. I rarely play flat games any more.

Spoken like some fatass who says inside with AC all day and has never walked more than 1 mile at a time his entire life.

The military budget might be bloated but it's not "wasted" on the people allowing your fat ass to mock them

Good, I hope you do because my post will remain true then as well.

so good man

delusion

redpills about crunch and slow employees were the highlight

>Name one.
Putting a fucking helmet on is inconvenient. You can only have relatively short, completely uninterrupted gaming sessions. Taking a piss or sipping a tea is a huge fucking hassle. Meanwhile you can play some mobile shit while shidding and farding. This is the real future. Not setting up a fucking stage to jump around for a 30-minutes tech demo.

>blizzard rehashes
>snoy cinematic experience
>VR
Have you ever tried playing actual games instead of swallowing every pile of shit marketing niggers dump in your throat?

>You would think that after 3 years of exponential growth
Even when it still only appeals to a niche audience. How "exponential".

YOU would think that after 3 fucking decades of people trying, and failing, to make VR mainstream they'd just give up their pointless shilling and move on to greener pastures.

VR is a meme. Let it go already.

You didn't waste that post because I appreciated it user! I hope you have a wonderful day!

>You can only have relatively short, completely uninterrupted gaming sessions.

What? Unless you actually have to take a piss every 30 minutes because you have incontenence problems or because your mom keeps coming back to yell at you for being bad at school, you can do fucking everything while in VR for hours at a time. Passthrough allows you to see what's going on outside you and both Oculus and SteamVR easily let you play around with your desktop.

>Not setting up a fucking stage to jump around for a 30-minutes tech demo.
Stop playing shit games

I've played "regular" games all my fucking life bucko. Maybe things that are good are fucking good despite coping faggots yelling "gimmick" as a cope.

>Even when it still only appeals to a niche audience. How "exponential".
No, literally exponential. Check this graph and also literally google "PSVR earnings" "Vive earnings" "VR earnings reports"

>YOU would think that after 3 fucking decades of people trying, and failing, to make VR mainstream they'd just give up their pointless shilling and move on to greener pastures.
VR proper has only existed for 3 years. Back in the 90's VR was so primitive it could barely be called VR.
It took Oculus to step up to the plate and be like "wait, the fucking tech is actually good now".
Try an Oculus, or a Vive, or a fucking Index, then come shitpost. I guarantee you won't.

Attached: 1560035663703.png (639x408, 37K)

>VR
Alright I have something to say about this. If you haven't played Tea for God on the Quest in a big room, you're missing out. The only downside to that headset specifically is that it's less comfortable than, for example, the Rift or the Index, because it weighs a bit more on the front than the others while the back is a thin strap instead of a thick weighted strap. But this can be solved by adding a weight onto the back strap yourself.

But otherwise, it's that simple. The tech for the vision and hearing side is kind of here in a way that has never been possible before, and it's fucking fun. It still needs more games, but more and more are being made and compatible with VR, especially now that the user base is growing.

>number of headsets connected on Steam
Don't forget this only accounts for part of the market either.
If you have an Oculus you can just buy your games on the Oculus store and forego Steam entirely, and PSVR which is bigger than all the PC headsets combined (despite being comparatively a low-end headset)

Cleaner resources, better education >Reformation of our health care system
See, my issue with this is that you reforming healthcare isn't a magic-bullet. Universal healthcare would never work in a country that is 70% overweight/obese. The first step to fixing this is a better education like you said but in this context specifically for food, health/fitness etc.

Imagine being so delusional you think the reason VR didn't catch on back then was just because it was "primitive" or whatever other bullshit excuse you shills tell yourselves to cope with the fact that people just don't like putting on a dumb looking inconvenient hat to play a game.

Attached: 1566859157067.png (540x574, 330K)

Riddle me this, Yea Forums
I've always wanted a VR headset. I've been looking to get the best one out there (price isn't really an issue for me), and I was tempted by the Index, however I live in Japan and Valve does not sell the Index in Japan (yet?).

What would you guys do? Any other headset you would recommend? I don't really know much about the ecosystem, especially the different kind of controllers available. I'm afraid of buying something that might not end up working well with most titles or that ends up locking me onto a single platform/store (like the PSVR for example).

Alternatively, should I either wait for the Index to be available here in Japan or is there another way I could maybe get to import it?

Attached: 1333056828937.png (642x739, 134K)

i think it's the future for home consoles. A standard home vr package could be killer since all consoles are basically pcs with different controllers now. Hell for cost and platform support, each VR set is basically an add on console for your pc. I can't believe carmack cares that much though. Are there really that many difficult problems in VR? Isn't the biggest problem audio/video/user feedback bandwidth?

>Nobody who has used a VR headset that isn't a shit-tier Gear VR thinks this.
Yeah I'm sure the 5 people who have played an Occulus love it. Meanwhile everybody else can't be assed because the idea of wearing a retarded helmet for "muh immersion" is retarded. It'll never be successful no matter how advanced it gets. Deal with it, nerd.

What "cope"? People in the VR sphere have nothing to cope about. People who don't like the headsets can just fucking sell them on ebay for 90% of the original price, someone is guaranteed to buy it, and they're done with it.

But this isn't happening, and it doesn't take more than a couple of brain cells to realize that maybe it's because the people who have VR headsets use them and like using them?
Why do you have to make up this fantasy world where people use tech that they think is rubbish just so they can "totally own" some virgins on a taiwanese enema bag cleaning forum?

Maybe it's because the people who have VR are generally satisfied with the growing industry and that's why the number of headsets keeps rising exponentially?

You are so out of touch, there isn't even a point arguing with you.
Lots of video game stores, arcades, and conventions and shit, let you try a VR headset for free. Get your fat ass off your chair sometim and try one, and then you'll see why VR is growing the way it is.

Attached: 1352384387444.jpg (681x569, 36K)

>Jocko Willink
>muh rusponsbility!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
God I hate right-wing faggots

Is this guy queer?

You probably want to wait a bit anyway, Index currently has a few production/design issues that a lot of people are experiencing. They might release in Japan once they get those problems solved.

>People in the VR sphere
...are still a tiny minority of video game consumers that isn't nearly large enough to sustain the level of mainstream success that consoles, mobile games and even handheld systems enjoy.

Of course there's some "growth" if the technology has improved but it doesn't change the central point. Gamers and devs alike don't find it worth investing in.

>muh headset looks bad!!
Try and make your samefagging less obvious. You look autistic enough sitting in your underwear scratching your balls while slouching in your chair, people aren't gonna think any worse of you for putting on a headset.

Any friends, family, or sexual partners (not on Yea Forums) will know why exactly you have that thing on when you let them try it. It's as much effort as putting on headphones or earbuds, especially on a headset with built-in audio. (the Vive is a pain in the ass to set up because of the fact it has no built-in audio, which is why I switched to an Oculus, getting an Index next though)

Attached: hom1.jpg (345x345, 61K)

>admit it might even be good
>oh but no no no, it'll never be successful because people won't want to try it
My sides.

>says smell-o-vision can only do 12 smells
>joes assistant brings it up on screen
>it can do over 150 smells and turns out to be a competitor to oculus
liar

>...are still a tiny minority of video game consumers that isn't nearly large enough to sustain the level of mainstream success that consoles, mobile games and even handheld systems enjoy.
Yes? How's this a surprise when modern VR has only been a thing for 3 years? What's your point here? I was merely saying people who do have headsets aren't "coping" because if they had something to cope about, they'd just sell their headsets, but the userbase keeps growing and the content for VR users to enjoy just keeps getting better as time passes, so... yeah?

>Gamers and devs alike don't find it worth investing in.
>Graphs show exponential growth, meaning more and more gamers ARE investing in VR
>Constant stream of new VR games, more and more VR games as times passes, quite a few AAA devs with VR titles in the works, to the point of certain brainlets on Yea Forums seething that their favorite devs are working on a VR title and not a pancake game

>pic related

Attached: 1481350823638.png (212x172, 23K)

I didn't say anything about the quality, although most of its games are indeed shit. I'm saying it'll never be successful, mr. shill. Does that hurt you?

Did you actually listen to what he said, and did you actually look at the fucking product to confirm what the facts really are?

>thinking any of us is leaving this dying rock
>thinking any of us is going to survive the big crunch even if we expand out in the universe
lmao.

>Does that hurt you?
It doesn't hurt anyone because it just reads as wishful thinking.

>gets told VR hasn't taken off for decades
>consistently moves the goalposts to "b-but MODERN VR", as if the advancement in VR technology has anything to do with why people aren't interested in it

Occulusniggers really are out of touch, holy shit.

Attached: 1563756988345.jpg (673x673, 43K)

I didn't read any of your other posts but that's what it sounded like you were saying. I don't know man, it doesn't hurt anybody. Either way, no one really cares what a bunch of autists on Yea Forums say, I'm just killing time here and so are you lmao.

yeah. did you read my post?

pretty sure I heard that queer-sounding nerd try to poopoo it amd say "it can only do 12 smells" then joes assistant googled it and joe read "150 smells"

>you will die of old age before VR is truly sci-fi tier
who else 30+ itt

If it wasn't obvious enough, he's just another shitposter. Maybe you should stop wasting your time with him. I assume you've been the one replying each time yes? It's time to stop.

You keep saying the same shit over and over again, thinking that next time you'll say it it'll somehow be more valid.

Nigger. VR from the 90's was fucking terrible, and was VR in name only. That is the whole reason why it failed.

>as if the advancement in VR technology has anything to do with why people aren't interested in it
The fact that you think it isn't shows that you're braindead. Sorry to word it like this, but there's no other way to phrase it. You're literally autistic if you think that the reason why VR failed in the 90's was because it had a head thing to put your head into (can't even be called a headset since it just sat on your desk and you had to bring your face to it)

>Occulusniggers
So what does that make of Viveniggers, Indexniggers or PSVR niggers? Then again, you spout the same retarded shit people did back when Oculus was the only one on the market so, what do I know, maybe you are actually living in March 2016 still.

Attached: 1450590796395.png (233x243, 131K)

That's what you heard because you don't actually understand the subject matter nor do you want to understand it because you want to believe Carmack's just a shill, corporate drone, or whatever have you. Fuck I'm not an expert on smell or whatever but even I understood what he was talking about and what that "feel real" product really is. Or isn't. Maybe you should go do some research on it.

>Why did this man waste almost 2 decades of his life
From what I've glanced of his history he was a very bright but equally defiant person growing up, causing or getting into trouble for seemingly little reason or reward.
So his intelligence either didn't feel moved to pursue conventional STEM at the time or the promise of pioneering something novel and provoking like Doom felt more compelling a use of his time and skills to his defiant side.

It's just the way it goes. People can have all the potential and opportunity to excel at something you might think important, but if they don't think it that important they're not going to bother. I bet you if you gained omniscience you'd probably learn that some guy who spent most his life scooping pig shit could have been an unparalleled martial artist, but just didn't see the fuss.
It be like that sometimes.

what a bizarre post.

How fucking fast is this cunt? The mere mention of space travel and he's in the thread within two posts.

>VR from the 90's was fucking terribl
3D technology had existed throughout the 80s also. The difference is that by 1994 everyone knew that the 3D revolution was imminent. Every new 5th generation console was came for 3D. Every average Joe gamer was excited about the idea of 3D games even without having access to youtube and other ways to see what 3D games were actually like. The same thing happened with online multiplayer gaming. It started crude with Quake LAN parties and battle.net. There were some exciting niche projects like the MMOS in the works. But by 1999-2000, online gaming was clearly going to be big. Everquest was making shitloads of money and lots of average random people were playing simple online multiplayer shit like web-based card games. Square staked their premier franchise brand on an MMO and Blizzard of course began making World of Warcraft. THAT was a "crushing success."

That's what revolutions look like.

The Earth will still be here autist, global warming isn't going to blow it up.

Exactly.
It's criminal that fat cats are wasting billions on exploring space instead of feeding the poor

>Rockets can only be used to travel other planets
Aaaand you are a retard

>You will never be as good at programming as carmack
why even live

TROLL YET BEGONE!!!

>You will never be as good at programming as carmack
why even live

>even now gallium-nitride is far superior
The problem is that shit like gallium arsenide and every other III-V semiconductor material is expensive as fuck compared to silicon. Silicon is the 2nd most common element on Earth behind Oxygen. Gallium is much more rare and expensive. We may be able to use just a tiny bit like we do with gold in electronics but shit is still going to be leagues more expensive.

Attached: 1564777345622.png (726x750, 124K)

Attached: sauron.jpg (1678x2100, 453K)

why does carmack say "i'm" instead of "um" or 'Uh"??? is this guy retarted?

please be patient, he has autism

you're right. the earth will persevere

LMAO, Joe didn't chimp out Crowder was just revealed to be a humongous pussy.
>stop bullying me
>your ganging up on
>Joe gives him a chance to look up any facts or articles he wants to support his stance
>I said I don't really care about this issue, why are still proving my facts wrong
>I will only talk about the facts on my show because this is your show and unfair to me
The guy is a faggot, he can only be a tough guy when he's arguing against a soiboi or a tumblrina, anyone else and he plays the victim like the faggot he is.

The reason the dinosaurs went extinct is because they didn't have a space program.

It's called terraforming, normalfag.

Zoom zoom

VR is a shit gimmick. Name a single good game on it that is actually reliant on the VR aspect and isn't just a motion controlled normal game with the screen taped to your face

What about Maze War?

>can't even terraform earth
like he said, retard, good luck.

Why is that the metric? Why not just a normal game that is enhanced by the VR, like RE7?

Video games made him rich enough to stop making video games and start doing more interesting things, like turning his autism towards rocket engines.
I bet he made his own very autistic private Kerbal game though.

When we hit that point, we're going to start seeing games reuse the same engine over and over again, the same assets even, and instead of focusing on improving graphical fidelity, they're going to focus on creating more content. Rather than having 5000 artists and 1000 designers, big games will have 10-20 artists and 8000 designers. You're going to see games on the scale of stuff like Tamriel Rebuilt, but created over the course of a couple years, as developers no longer have to focus on optimization and tweaking the engine and instead focus entirely on just making more content.
or not, because we'll all be dead thanks to the ruined climate by that time

well...
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria

Attached: 1536376009577.jpg (992x487, 87K)

>William Von Hippel
>Paul Stamets
>Dennis McKenna
>Henry Rollins
>Leah Remini
If you're interested in the Scientology talk in Leah's episode check out the Ron Miscavige. It's kinda a shitshow and hopefully he has him on again to go into more detail, but it was good nonetheless.

Overwatch is way harder than quake, stupid boomer.

stfu reddit dork

>We need to babysit genetic dead ends instead of being star voyagers.

Yeah, nah get fucked.