Why do you mindless drones NPC sheep go on about frame rate?

I can only tell frame rate if I focus on a single object. If I focus on a million pixels at once I don't see it.

The human eye and brain is not designed to be so attentive. High frame rates actually caused motion sickness in its heyday with those Sony Bravia 200fps TVs they used to sell. The brain doesn't enjoy seeing things move too quickly, it won't even notice on a conscious level. Subconsciously you may just feel a bit sick.

You just have an inferiority small penis complex where you think the more/ the higher the better.

Doesn't work that way, analyse it objectively and think for yourselves.

4k has the same cognitive bias, albeit to a lesser extent. The benefits of 4k are there but not that much more so than 1080p.

The human eye is not advanced as you think. It evolved to evade ferocious lions on the savannah of Africa, not judge the number of frames over a millisecond.

The game design itself is the most important thing, good lighting, detailed textures, realistic shine off images etc are much more important.
These are things the eye actually notices

Attached: 1566869983972.png (399x322, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QksH65BmjK4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because frame rate impacts gameplay. The higher the better
/Self thread - fuck you

>he frogposts

Attached: DAE5DB25-7CEB-43A4-A310-7F8B45DCA54D.jpg (596x1178, 184K)

I bet you like motion blur, too. Enjoy being cucked out of information

cope

Sorry to rain on your little parade here, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news as well, but hey, don't shoot the messenger

>frog thread
>it's shit

remember to sage

Most if not all video games rely on fast reflexes, a high frame rate benefits from that. You're probably used to consoles that just watches 25FPS kinos such as RDR2 so you wouldn't understand how refreshing 144hz+ feels compared to even 60

Attached: 1560276003753.jpg (1024x576, 45K)

It's been proven countless time that better framerates = better performances. Get over it. Faggot

Why do you have a picture of our best CIA agent saved on your computer mister?

Reddit style post. Reddit opinions. Reddit spacing.

Obvious b8

I really really like this meme

"Rely on fast reflexes"
Dude, it's a fucking video game, not a life and death situation. Somebody didn't give you the memo that you aren't actually in combat

found the faggot that has the lowest K/D ratio

A lot of games aren't even fun so people have to shit post about specs

Lmao, I'll give ya that one

In an FPS game anything below 120fps is shit. In CoD4 for example 125fps is just acceptable but it's boring and stale. 250 is totally okay. But it runs best at 333fps. At 333 it feels absolutely smooth.

No you just have shitty genes, I bet you're short and wear glasses

Attached: 1553961921064.png (522x502, 282K)

It's a meme and joke. Everyone knows that the human eye can't even perceive more than about 30 frames per second.

> It evolved to evade ferocious lions on the savannah of Africa
YOUR eye may have evolved like that because you're a nigger. YOUR ancestors are from Africa.

I have perfect vision, that's why it confuses me even more when people go on about these things.
I guess that's what happens when you live in a first world country

Are you that fag from the Control thread that was getting asshurt from people shitting on PS Pro?

How does it feel to know that no matter what color your skin is you share a common ancestor with NIGGER get rekt

>Dodging the height accusation
Aha, found the manlet subhuman with poop colored eyes

Attached: 1557899787990.jpg (664x720, 98K)

Gaming isn't as fun as it can be if your game is laggy and unresponsive. Try doom on dos at 15 fps keyboard only and then play again any opengl doom port uncapped with mouse/keyboard and vsync off.

I'm white

You aren't a competitive gamer so who cares. Have sex

>2019
>Out of Africa theory
Depreciated bro

>bait
>frogimage
Yeah checks out. This is 100% cringe.

Attached: D9PaFdYXYAEZE6E.jpg (750x736, 61K)

I'm 179cm, white....I just didn't say it because it wasn't relevant to the thread

Can you pause for 1 moment and think a little harder

Are you sure you're white? I thought white people were supposed to be smart (disappointment)

Nah

>I'm 179cm
Manlet with poop eyes confirmed

Attached: 1547401582950.png (398x410, 206K)

What a shit thread.

Cute SEAgger poster

>179cm

Attached: 1439676506404.jpg (195x195, 1K)

If you watch it with both eyes it's 333x2, so 666, and it summons a satanic goat.

Attached: 142.jpg (500x474, 47K)

I AM 155 CM!!! Love me, big strong man

That's not short, a bit above average....most people fall within this standard deviation so I don't know why it's funny

Because its all they have if you don’t have games to play

>The brain doesn't enjoy seeing things move too quickly
>retarded claim aside, he's thinking the objects on screen will move faster just because it's less choppy
>thinking high framerates is a physically possible cause of nausea when the brain practically operate at infinite "frames per second" with interpolation
>thinking 200hz TVs magically turn sub 30 fps console games into 200fps
>not realizing it's low framerate, motion blur and terrible fov that is the cause of nausea, which everyone has known for decades now.

Dumb frogposter.
All high framerates does is make things look better and makes input more responsive.

Control responsiveness is usually tied to frame rate. More frames per second = more responsive controls. There are exceptions to this, like Mario 64 where the controller is polled at 60Hz, but the game renders at 30fps, but these situations are few and far between. As responsive controls make games feel and play better, and the point of playing a game is to play it, a higher frame rate makes a better game. As for visual appearance you're right though. Anything past 40fps is irrelevant for making something look better because the human eye can only see 40fps (20 in each eye); hence the term 20/20 vision.

>That's not short, a bit above average
>being this much of a manlet

Attached: Damienarmies.png (471x336, 114K)

I'm one of those csgo tryhard fags that made you uninstall the game. My 240hz monitor makes a huge difference in my ability to aim at moving targets.

Only problem is you get used to 240fps and then when you play a game that's locked at 60 or you cant get that high frame rate, it looks like absolute shit and even gives me a headache.

If people cared about frame rates on consoles than consoles would not even sell anymore people obviously don't and then they are good enough

Attached: 45689867645664.jpg (1440x1440, 582K)

Seriously quit posting this pic.
You are black and have shit games

If mods aren't gonna ban shitposters and bait threads the least they could do is ban wojack and frog posting faglords fucking useless ass mods

Sales of certain games would probably actually tank if there was some sort of mandatory rule to put average framerate on the box cover.

I'm dead serious about every word I said. I'm not out to bait anyone. Ignore the frog, I just use it because it's the only image saved on my phone.

Regards,
The redpiller

Are you OP?
If so, are you gonna respond to this ? Seemingly everything you thought you knew about TVs, framerates and the human eye appear to be wrong.

I'm not wrong, he just gave me a bunch of strawmans.
I never said objects would move faster because they are less choppy.

It's true that the brain processes information at an almost infinite frame rate but only with real life. Watching a fast frame rate on a screen confuses the brain and makes you think you are moving when you are not. It's also not good to focus on a fast moving object for a long period of time on such a small screen. I dare you to wave your hand around fast for 2 minutes and stare at it, you will feel sick.

I never said a 200htz tv would magically increase the frame rate of games

And the last part is true, a low frame rate will also make you feel sick, but it has to be pretty damn low

I used to think the same thing before I got to experience it first hand.

it's because consoleniggers literally don't know what they're missing

Hey good job reddit, this bait is almost passable

>Watching a fast frame rate on a screen confuses the brain and makes you think you are moving when you are not.
I want a sauce for this claim mr reddit

>but only with real life.
incorrect. The human brain can percieve motion when an object is moving at as low as 12fps. A higher framerate is ideal, but that's just how it works.
>Watching a fast frame rate on a screen confuses the brain and makes you think you are moving when you are not.
Not true unless you have some sort of special condition. Mismatch in your physical movement accompanied with mismatching movement on screen can however, like in VR. Hence why high framerates are absolutely crucial there.
It's a good thing you brought this up, cause headbob is also a cause of motion sickness. some games have the character shake his head furiously when running cause it's appearently considered realistic.
Basically what you're sdaying is an issue, but it has nothing to do with the framerate, unless the framerate is so low that your brain instead thinks it's a slideshow.

>I never said a 200htz tv would magically increase the frame rate of games
It was heavily implied since NO content for tvs (including console content) have been made in 200fps. Not even actual 200fps demos. Only interpolation tests.
People can't have gotten motionsick from 200hz if they never even seen 200hz.
High framerate is not a problem here.

Why is everyone calling me Mr Reddit?

Anyway either ive got some eye problem unbeknownst to myself, or the lot of you have a clouded judgement due to cognitive bias.

This shit looks the same to me, so I can't even imagine how much harder the difference to tell will become when you go even higher in the frame rates

youtu.be/QksH65BmjK4

We're doing this again?

Attached: 30 frames.jpg (464x238, 43K)

This is the sad truth.

Good games have subframe input and poll the mouse at 1000hz no matter your framerate.
Bad games like cod4 only check the mouse every frame. Hence why it feels smoother at higher fps even though your monitor doesnt show as many images (120hz or whatever)

>tfw playing RE2 at 1440p and 144FPS
It's a different kind of feel.

>this shit looks the same to me
Watch the trees / buildings in the background, not the car.
Also you should compare it in a game where the camera angle changes more.

Ur a fucking brainlet with bad eyes lmao

fug I accidentally deleted a line, but it mostly makes sense

tl;dr most causes of motion sickness are mismatches between you and what's on screen.
High "framerate" irl vs high framerate in game is not an issue and it pretty much writes itself.
Lesser known causes of nausea is FOV. A mismatch between how wide your field of view is in the game vs your own FOV irl, which is usually decided by your viewing distance of the tv. Since most console gamers sit pretty far away from the tv, the fov on console is usually lower (sometimes too low to save performance). This can make it a little hard to see what's around you and turning the character/camera around can cause nausea.

it's true that the higher you go, the less noticable framerate differences are. I personally very much see a difference in the video you linked, but it's something you get used to.
It's more noticable with a first person camera where all objects on screen are panning left to right or any direction really. It's much less noticable when the camera is at a fixed position.

Seeing as you seem open to change your opinion, I hope one day you get to enjoy smooth framerates.
If you game on console, you're lucky since developers seem a little more open to go for 60fps these days.

That's the thing, I'm not supposed to focus on a single background image, nobody plays games like that so why even bring it up.

I look at the screen as a whole not as bits and pieces so that argument falls over. With a normal wide field of vision you can't tell the difference.

I don't know if having a slower framerate is getting KEKED out of information... You're just getting is very slightly slower. Also 60FPS is the bare minimum that should be allowed to be released for video games. I'd say TV/movies/anime too but society isn't there yet

like the post above mentioned, everything on screen appears choppy if there's a first person camera and to a lesser extent third person camera.
The faster the camera moves, the more in-between frames you need to be able to track objects with your eyes without causing nausea.

I like to think im a reasonable man

the human eye sees everything in a single continuous never-ending frame, so the higher the frame-rate the closer the video image is to real life.

this
this thread is so stupid that even if it's bait or not it should be a public ban, it's on the same tier as going to Yea Forums and saying dubs are great and you should never bother with raw or subs

Test 1

Dubs are better than subs tho for the obvious reason that you can't understand Japanese, and so draw much of your attention to reading a script rather than enjoying the digital artwork and subtleties of the anime itself.

Subs objectively sound bad, the Japanese voice acting is poor and not in line with western standards of acting. If you prefer this foreign culture shock nuance than you are a deluded weaboo

I'm gonna post this in anime section now. Wish me luck

>Subs objectively sound bad
subs don't mak sound retart

Attached: 1466350309681.jpg (241x257, 27K)

You get my point

>*citation needed

No I'm multilingual as a result of not watching dubs. It took me a few days.

4K looks great

Attached: Grand Theft Auto V 8_15_2019 9_58_04 PM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.3M)

Ok, play at 10 FPS then.
The difference between 60 and 120 is massive and very noticeable. Not needed for strategic games, but amazing for shit like DOOM

its more about frame pacing. tl/dr: if you have a 60 hz screen then you must aim for 60 or 30 fps locked for the smoothest quality video.

fuck off monster shill

>60fps anime
Are you trying to kill those already underpaid animators?