Most prominent currency is bottlecaps

>most prominent currency is bottlecaps
>tiny pieces of aluminum sheet metal that can be easily counterfeited
>or pulled out of any soda machine by the dozen

So this is the power... of Obsidian writing...

Attached: d96cm2w-47a4c912-eaec-4854-a27e-9e3ca389d7a2.jpg (960x720, 155K)

That was written by Bethesda retard

Bethesda didn’t invent fallout

>I hate silly things
Bet you’re a blast at parties.

not interested in discussing how realistic things are in an alternate universe post-apoc game w/ talking mutants and ghouls

Attached: ChadWalk.png (92x128, 12K)

Beth didn't write F1 and 2

Attached: 1555372598699.jpg (184x184, 11K)

fallout 1 and 2 both utilized bottlecaps, retard

DON'T CRITICIZE TODDS WRITING

Attached: todd.jpg (680x719, 39K)

>tiny pieces of aluminum sheet metal that can be easily counterfeiters

If you have the right machinery.

neither did Obsidian.

All of the Fallout games are full of retarded stuff that makes no sense, but I think we can all agree Tactics won the retard war with its entirely insane storyline.

Caps counts for the water currency of the Hub, Gold is used in 2

They can't be easily counterfeited. that the whole point behind them. Traders just needed something to keep track off iirc and bottlecaps were easy to find

Bottlecaps are used as currency because the paintjob is extremely hard to replicate (it doesnt scuff or chip), it has a specific amount of ridges, it uses a very specific blend of alloy, etc.

If anything its about on-par with how valuable (and hard to recreate) a dollar bill is

Attached: 1541482457786.gif (598x311, 2.52M)

They use gold coins in 2, silly

OF ALL INCONSISTENT THINGS IN THE FALLOUT UNIVERSE BOTTLE CAPS STRIKE YOU ODD THE MOST? oh okay.

imagine hiring a prostitute in Fallout and dismissively making those caps rain on her cum soaked body like you would one dollar bills

Caps were backed in water and were used because they were hard to copy and robust. It was never meant to be permanent

People in the Fallout universe rarely make it to age 30 without being killed by a giant monster, raped to death or dying of lead/radiation poisoning, who gives a fuck?

They got lazy and implemented caps as the only actual currency but if you pay any actual attention to the dialogue you'll see that hardly anywhere in the game do they actually talk about using bottle caps. Rather different areas have their own more reasonable currencies, but obviously it was a dropped feature gameplay-wise.

But that means before Bethesda came along it was 'canon' that bottle caps were not a very widespread currency at all.

f1 used bottlecaps as a joke but thanks to bethesda's fuckery it's now a franchise definining feature

>Backed by the value of water, the Hub merchants supported bottle caps because the technology to manufacture them and paint their surfaces had been mostly lost in the Great War, which limited any counterfeiting efforts

>tiny pieces of aluminum sheet metal that can be easily counterfeited
Nah. Any building that had the machinery to make them was destroyed in the great war
>or pulled out of any soda machine by the dozen
What can a dozen caps buy you? A light snack maybe. Iguana on a stick costs 20 caps.
Old world currency is worthless because you can find it fucking everywhere. Caps are fairly rare in comparison.

Coins are easy to fake. It's not worth the time. Same with caps

There's a whole sidequest in F:NV where they point blank explain that bottlecaps arr just the "dollar" of the fallout world from which you base the value of all the other factions currencies. NCR uses paper money and theblegion uses minted gold coins. The sidequest was to destroy a counterfeiting operation happening 8n an old sarsaparilla factory because it was the only place with working bottlecap manufacturing machinery around.

Haha that would neve work in REAL LIFE! What if Link broke pots then had to go to jail?!

so silly XD

>people are actually falling for this
Impressive, very nice.

DUDE MARIO GETS HIGH ON MUSHROOMS LMAO

XD

I got high on those mushrooms. Fucking made me laugh like Santa Clause.

Vegas is a bit of an exception because thanks to House a lot of shit was kept intact.
Plus they had to work around Bethesda lore introduced with 3 that basically established caps to be used anywhere.

Did your belly shake like a bowl full of jelly?

TAX POLICY

wew this thread.

>pronounced sasparilla
>written as sarsaparilla

what the fuck

I've been collecting bottlecaps for some time now.
Can I become some kind of Bottlecap millionaire in the near future with these?

Attached: IMG_20190829_183425866.jpg (2448x3264, 2.82M)

You get SARS when you drink it.