youtube.com/watch?v=f6RiWi32oO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm sick with influenza and I want to die

I've been waiting for this thread.

Can’t art
Too boring to create content with placeholder art
Never gonna make it

3D modeling is a struggle
For some reason blender keeps making extra points when I try to extrude to make the wings (which is probably intended behavior, but it still is a problem) which messes up my modeling

Attached: wing issue.png (627x421, 16K)

Picked up Unity again for 5th time still have no idea what I'm doing but it's going better than before. Being a brainlet is suffering though.

Should I use godot or game maker?

Select faces instead of verteces

Unity.
inb4
>Unity

It's in the idea and general vision stage.
Kind of have obscure idea of what I want.
But need to get more into detail.

Godot is the best of the four (unity, GM, UE4, Godot) for purely 2d games

I made a new boss enemy for Alphaman

Attached: helicopter_boss1.gif (570x300, 14K)

Thanks
I worked around it in the meanwhile by hand plotting new vertices where I wanted them and then F filling to connect them, but I should probably go back and do it the right way

game maker if you have zero programming knowledge
godot or unity if you do
opengl or dx11 if you want to do it from scratch

How to setup planar reflections on lwrp like in that unity boat demo? I can't find anything other than they used a custom rendering pipeline.

I'm reading second edition of the c programing language.

Emacs

just pirate buy art like everyone else.

Still working on the story for the past 15 years

I'm procrastinating.

Attached: 1543704492680.jpg (567x513, 127K)

Not too good, I've started animating but my CPU can barely handle it, the playback is only 4 fps or 10 if I delete the physics objects
I need to upgrade my PC but I don't have the money

Attached: wip11.png (2090x1920, 656K)

Last thread people were talking about Godot being good for 2D, but not 3D. Why is that? Is it just untested/unproven, or is there actually something wrong?

Would an SRPG with simple 3D using Godot be unreasonable?

>Emacs

Vi

3d is relatively new for godot and isn't complete yet

Making a low poly version of your character might help, also nice ass.

Attached: nice.png (1280x720, 1016K)

Recreate all objects that are gonna be interacted with, with basic geometry (literally a cube for a table, a cylinder for a glass, etc.), make a plane that represents the active floor area, and remove / delete everything else from the scene you're animating in so it's literally just your character rig(s) and whatever objects you need to know the location of. With the actual scene saved elsewhere of course.
>But my PC's running too slow even with just the character mesh and PSX tier environment
Then how are you planning on making a game that's to be played in real time with that mesh then? Maybe duplicate the rig and decimate the geometry's polycount hardcore so your potato of a machine can play it back in real time?
I think it's a meme by this point due to a combination of Godot in the past (v. 2.xx and older) genuinely being useless for 3D, and nothing outside of dev tests actually utilizing all the new fancy modern stuff yet. Gonna take a few years and some game devs taking a leap of faith before we see any good 3D godot games.

Depends on the type of game, the biggest problem with 3D is the lack of culling, which will probably be solved by 3.2, and the navmesh is not good, you will need to implement your own version, but otherwise you can make a 3D game on Godot with many problems, specially if the map is small, if you want something larger, yeah, you are going to have problems.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rvbp4jv2S7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=fNeTHHTDYso
youtube.com/watch?v=LPnTcpW7huQ

Thanks, I'm a fucking idiot for not at least trying that

when you say 2d, does that include isometric games like rollercoaster tycoon? what would i use if i wanted to make an isometric game?

If you want to make something like RCT only assembly will suffice

There's some practice tutorial in Godot for isometric games. Although it's more diablo/crpg like. I don't think it should be a problem for you either way.

if you're game is boring with placeholder art it's not gonna be any better with "actual" art. That'd just be like polishing a turd.

Get a flu shot next time retard

>get flu shot
>100% chance of getting sick

>no flu shot
>8% chance of getting sick

>Inject weak bitch viruses
>Beat them up and learn their tactics

vs

>Don't inject anything
>Get yeeted by asshole viruses in a full scale assault

>take flu vaccine
>Not just taking a bath with hot water
Flu vaccine is basically a lottery, you have no idea if it's going to work because flu is constantly mutating.

I am a brainlet. I tried with gamemaker studio and failed so I dropped everything

STOP SHILING GODOT, GAME MAKER IS LEAGUES BETTER FOR AMATEUR GAME DEVS, REEEEEEEE

any ideas on how to make models with cell shading that look like anime? like how the new guilty gear did?

Try harder. Litteraly follow youtube tutorials if needed.

Using shaders dummy.
Both UE and unity should have toon shading examples available for free.

godot deez nuts

youtube.com/watch?v=UHGoy6A_DmY
youtube.com/watch?v=7ENqECyQZuc
youtube.com/watch?v=yhGjCzxJV3E

wheres you’re game

Attached: 33579F75-5291-4C14-8ED5-C96B80A923D1.jpg (358x429, 51K)

I didn't even know flu shots existed

Attached: shibsad.png (500x482, 231K)

It's going good.

I made the perfect fps rpg game in my head now I need someone to code and make it for 25% share of the final product

pretty sure its only a thing in america

thanks

Attached: 1528450384667.jpg (447x446, 16K)

I'M WORKING ON IT, REEEE but life got in the way, so it will be on standby as long as I haven't dealt with my inherited debts and shit

We can have those in France as well

she cute

Goes okay, main game systems are all sorted out at this point, just need to get the content (items, equipment, enemies, erotic scenes, etc) done up to hopefully have a demo ready in a week ish.

Attached: Stuff.webm (512x304, 1021K)

Haven't been able to make any real progress, i immediately lose faith in my ideas and get discouraged and restart the whole process, any advice to be less shitty is welcome

don't lose faith in your ideas. It's better to finish a game than restarting over and over forever

Fail, then fail better and faster, and keep on failing until you reach something you find acceptable

Haven't started yet. Hoping to get through my C++ book (half way complete) before taking a crack at the engine, or would having a basic understand of C++ get me through the engine/tutorial and I can just pickup my book when ever I need a better understanding of what I would like the engine to do coding wise?

Looks extremely good
B-but have you put genitalia on the main character?

yo when are you going to finish Anubis

When I can afford six months to focus on it to the exclusion of all else.
Which is to say, not any time soon. Gotta do work to pay the bills.

opengl from scratch or dx11 from scratch and which do you think is easier in the long run to learn?

It's a fury sex game this user has been working on autistically for years. I don't know if I should be admiring his dedication or be disgusted by it. Probably both

This has been getting worked on for like, maybe two months now.

Stuck in UI designing hell. I'm starting to regret putting so many options in my character creation stage.

what the hell are you animating, my dude ? I'm using a 13 year old i3 with 4gb ram with no video card and I'm managing to animate even complex shit like bifrost particle simulations even though its a struggle. Your pic looks like regular polygonal geometry, are you using maya ?

can godot into FPS games?

Been working on lighting for a while. Might have to scrap it or restart, since I can't fix some of the raycasting errors in certain cases, and they look really obnoxious.

Attached: lightingerrors.webm (1280x720, 1.23M)

C++ and engine design are really separate skills. Engine design can be very difficult in terms of planning. How were you thinking of designing your engine? Entity component system, object oriented, something else?

No just use unity or unreal for that.
If you want to use godot then wait for the vulkan update.

>vulkan update
When is that?

Not great.
I need custom pathfinding because I want my NPCs to handle some platforming, I can't find detailed shit about managing big area - outside of "just make some graph system, duh".
But I can't find shit on how to automate the "door to another region" generation. Right I make them manually, but that kinda defeat the purpose.

Jesus user, when was the last thread made, yesterday?

Godot can't even make games.

>Unity is not playing multiple audio sources
I just want to play a music in a loop, and the sound effects in one shot, but everytime I play the effect, the music stops, and I can't find anything on the internet, I tried to use different groups, but is not working.

Attached: 1548826742073.jpg (960x854, 99K)

I'd say OpenGL is way easier to learn, DX11 calls are baroque as fuck. Same goes for most Windows APIs actually.

Post some screenshots of how you configured your shit in the editor.
There is no reason for this behavior, unless you did something super dumb like trying to play all of them from one single AudioSource.

I am sorry I gave the impression that I know what I'm talking about in regards to game engines and what not.To be blunt I'm just starting at C++ programming and hoping to figure what to do from there.

I have a script that handles the audio sources, one method stops and plays the music, and the other calls for effectSource.PlayOneShot(effectClip);

Attached: unity.png (1504x961, 79K)

opengl
both provide ample performance for a 2D game so it doesn't really matter which you pick

Gonna say, triple check that your script doesn't mess which audio source is which, because everything look fine on that screenshot.

Don't lie, I'm browsing /agdg/

Whats the legality of using computer generated voices in games?

I'd look into how entity component systems work, or even just google how to design an engine. It's a good skill you should develop early. Remember, weeks of programming can save hours of planning.

I even tested without the audio groups, and without the audio effects, but nothing changed, every time PlayOneShot is called, it mutes music.
Here is the script, pastebin.com/u3WNHrJR

>Unity
jokes aside Unity is pretty good. There's just a lot of shitboxes making trash games on it

unity sucks, its fucking bloatware and runs like shit

>AudioSource[] audioSources;
>both on the same gameobject
How ... did you filled those in the editor ?
Because the usual drag and drop will just dump the first audiosource component twice.
Retry after separating the two audiosource on their own gameobject, and re-filling your script's reference to them.

thanks bro

Look into what the license is regarding the voice generation software

Could a skating/rollerblade game be made with godot?

why do they keep changing the code with each update?
its fucking annoying to rewrite everything

Godot can only make furry dating sim VNs

I put in two different objects, and it didn't work, same behavior occurred, the strangest part is, if the music volume is higher than the effects volume, the effect won't play, but, the effect will play if the effects volume is higher than the music volume.

I'm making a lazy babby mobile solitaire game to learn the basics and I can't even get myself to finish this now that I'm at the UI and polish phase
I will never make real video games

Attached: 1545472816273.png (1026x632, 390K)

How many polys the model you tried to animate have and what config ? I want to know if I should stop right now with my laptop

Found the problem, it's an option in the project audio manager, for some reason max real voices was set to one, I changed to a value bigger than 1, and now I can hear multiple audio sources at the same time.

Attached: 1566861108266.gif (235x180, 1.94M)

>furry dating sim VNs
? post them

The editor is basically empty after 2017 ver. They push everything into downloadable packages, tho

No one has made anything with Godot so I can't

The assets for the main character were original made a couple years ago and are being recycled for this. About the only thing I can think is making you say that.

UI is so boring.
But to me the worst really is the options and saving. So dull and annoying to test out and find bugs

Serious question, guys. Do you think Godot has a future? Do you see it becoming the Blender to Unity/Unreal's 3DS Max/Maya?

Attached: 7ef.jpg (600x600, 32K)

but i thought you meant people made furry VNs with godot?

>Do you think Godot has a future?
it will be THE engine of the next decade
>Do you see it becoming the Blender to Unity/Unreal's 3DS Max/Maya?
yes, its perfect for small games and artstyle over bloatware with realistic graphics

No that's just what it's capable of but no one has been able to take advantage of it's power yet

could godot be good for an arena shooter?

The programming was easy but now I have to work on art and music and the art is taking me forever.

What's a good engine for 2D mobile games?

youtube.com/watch?v=ElnLPmsnx9A
youtube.com/watch?v=rITSOdteKXw
youtube.com/watch?v=1gsFMWfc44w
youtube.com/watch?v=J7lprRHm7h0

Godot
youtube.com/watch?v=RO5pXiN6UnI
youtube.com/watch?v=f6RiWi32oO0

Character sketch for a character portrait. Tell me what's wrong with it before I proceed.

Attached: Screenshot (100).png (400x601, 53K)

>Verts: 278,154
>faces: 275,200
>tris:550,336
>CPU: Intel Core i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

I not sure if you should really be using my setup as a benchmark though

I added a little animation on health bars because it lets me procrastinate instead of making real content.

Attached: hpbar.webm (1920x1080, 2.3M)

I can talk now, Give me your ideas for the missions

Attached: 2019-08-25 13-39-53.webm (1720x530, 1.39M)

>half a million tris for a simple robot

I don't know if you know what you're doing.

i'm working on a new level

Attached: dhc-2019-08-24.webm (960x540, 926K)

anyone got a tutotrial to make custom pixel art fonts?

Attached: bideogame (1).webm (712x528, 1.22M)

Are the fingers of his left hand outstretched over his bicep? Why? Wouldn't it make more sense to have them rest around the curve of the muscle?
As well as, he seems to suffer from a overstretched torso, and generally being generic, but otherwise, there's nothing that WRONG.

as someone programming in c++ for a long time, I can tell you to know that most of the power comes from c, so you should have a good handle on that. Don't get too carried away with oop, won't be very useful in a game engine

I'm the coder on this game. The guy who posted is the artist. Recommend me good practices I can use on this game, we're going for external puzzles as well so if you got any clues as to how to intertwine that with our game, tell us.

Yep, I'm really far from this, both with the number of tris of my model (7000) and my laptop (i5-8250U). Thanks for the confirmation.

Are you the guy working on an airplane from the last thread? If you aren't using SubD, or whatever it's called in blender.
You should.

>half a mill tris
jesus christ where do you people learn how to model? you dont need anywhere near that much

I really don't, I didn't even notice the count until now

No he shouldn't, if he's not able to resolve this problem at the base, adding more verteces will complicate it.

It would be better if someone would tell me if GODOT is a good engine for beat em up or should I start with Unity.

Grab both, make a very basic skeleton of the core parts of the gameplay, then decide which one you found easier to work with.
Personally I've found that Godot is easier to work with than Unity simply because Unity has a whole load of shit that I don't actually use and just clutters the whole thing.

Use Godot if the idea of owning all of your code and not having to pay royalty fees appeals to you
Use Unity if you want an engine with tons of documentation and industry support

When you're looking at something that simple, an engine is an engine, you can make that perfectly well in just about anything.

Engines only really matter for more demanding things or more finnicky things like online games.

symbol drawing ain't good my man. Brush up those fundamentals

I agree, but he needs to know what SubD is or he'll have a very hard time getting the fuselage and wings to look smooth.
Also look up hard and soft edges and how they affect the UV-splits and normals count.

looks gay

To lazy to do the tutorial project.

One day ill be motivated to make a visual novel.
But thinking up a way to save a game and thinking up all the vars to save onto a file is overwhelming, maybe I am just brainlet that should stick to PHP.

Attached: wip images are a blessing.gif (294x233, 1.3M)

I hear RenPy is pretty good, and it would handle the whole saving and loading thing for you. If you're familiar with PHP, it shouldn't be too hard to get a grasp on enough Python to use it.

Oh, im gonna try to make a fangame of Dangits, to grasp Godot engine.
The fact im too lazy is entirely on me and should just keep my scope to a minimum.

Gonna just see if I can display text from an Json file. And make the camera change from character to character.

>To

I'm almost at the first big hurdle, let's see if I can get this thing working properly today