Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: cast him in.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LFUjKePJCXE
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

knight for wanting potions that are too strong for him

The Leatherman. Kain was just telling him about the leather club.

the mutant faggot who got his wings broken and torn off
do not accept mutants into the gene pool
they only have a place in the acid pool
based kane

>WAAAAAAA RAZIEL IS BETTER THAN ME, KILL HIM!!!
Was it an analogy for donald trump?

Play the games past SR1.

Imagine playing one game in a five game series and pretending to know what you're talking about.

Kain was in the wrong. It's pure chance that the selfish choice ended up being better for Nosgoth than the selfless one.

Attached: 1554678895641.png (407x407, 149K)

Imagine accepting a time travel retcon as canon.

Of course Kain was in the wrong. Now go and kill him, already, my little blue assassin.

Attached: happy timestreamer.webm (640x360, 196K)

butthurt silicon faggots are the worst. guess what? time travel is an intrinsic part of the series from its inception. having a big faggy cry because you couldn't follow the twists and turns is really pathetic imo

>retcon
The time travel was in Soul Reaver, it's literally in the ending of the game. It's not something that the sequel made up.
Time travel was a huge part of Blood Omen as well. Time travel has been in the series in every game aside from Blood Omen 2 whose plot came into existence due to time travel in Soul Reaver 2.

Why didn't he chuck anyone else into the lake? All the other vampires got mutations as well.

>time travel retcon
What, you mean Blood Omen 1?

>jewhands

Kain literally and unironically did nothing wrong. In his original plan everything was perfectly mapped out. He handpicked Raziel to suffer those tribulations that would allow him to cheat fate and restore the world because he knew he was the only one strong enough for the job. He was genuinely assured that at the end of it all, he and Raziel would stand side by side again, and was truly shocked and saddened when Raziel had to sacrifice himself to give him true sight.

Attached: kain soul reaver.jpg (640x480, 162K)

Kain only followed what fate told him to do as you can't alter it outside of inducing a paradox

Imagine destroy the life of someone just because he hit puberty before you.

SR has the best demo of history.
youtube.com/watch?v=LFUjKePJCXE

Any easy way to play the series?
I remember renting Legacy of Kain when I too young and simple to get the plot of the story. I’d like to replay and get a full grasp of the series as a whole.

mobius

Every game apart from Blood Omen 1 is on GOG. You just missed a sale on it but it's still only 20 bucks for the entire series. Blood Omen 1 isn't really availible anywhere and even if you choose to pirate it it's very hard to run.
You might actually have better luck trying to emulate the PS1 version than trying to run the PC version.

>Blood Omen
>Blood Omen 2
>Soul Reaver
>Soul Reaver 2
>Defiance

Attached: 1543704492680.jpg (567x513, 127K)

The story of the series is totally fucked and full of plotholes.
Dumb shit happens like Kain getting his heart ripped out and living for "reasons", Moebius randomly having his vampire-paralyzing cane when he needed (except of course when it was completely missing during Blood Omen), and Mortanius being infested with Hylden ghosts to the point of being a full-on schizo but somehow they let him resurrect their sworn nemesis the vampire scion. Even Kain's vampire rebirth is like 5 plotholes before you even play as vampire Kain.

Blood Omen 2's plot is a result of the shenanigans that happen in SR2. It's probably better to play that after SR2 or just skip it entirely since it's a bit crap.

If they ever put the first game on gog I'll buy amd play the whole series at once
I only played defiance as a kid and I liked the characters but didn't get the story

Many thanks, I’ll put it on the top of my backlog. Have an unrelated obscure video game.

Attached: 8A48DD6B-F727-4D11-9C29-FEA56314E3F8.png (220x307, 152K)

>Dumb shit happens like Kain getting his heart ripped out and living for "reasons"
Kain was fated to be the Scion of Balance, and it's a huge and often explicated theme of the series that fate can't be circumvented. Amy Hennig confirms this in an interview: that history needing Kain alone kept him alive.
Plus, you know, the heart wasn't even his to begin with.
>Moebius randomly having his vampire-paralyzing cane when he needed
Moebius is only one of the staff's users, and perhaps the rarest one. He borrows it from the Sarafan knights when he needs it to manipulate Raziel, plain and simple. He doesn't have it at other times because it isn't his belonging and he doesn't need it.
>Mortanius being infested with Hylden ghosts to the point of being a full-on schizo but somehow they let him resurrect their sworn nemesis the vampire scion
Mortanius was resisting the possession, yes, but he still played into the Hylden's plans. Do keep in mind that the events of Blood Omen 1 play out EXACTLY to their wishes.
>Even Kain's vampire rebirth is like 5 plotholes before you even play as vampire Kain.
Name three.

not yet. when raziel took a bath, things weren't as shit as when he finally toweled off

Raziel is always in the wrong

Eat shit

Attached: razieltree.jpg (544x400, 81K)

COIN TOSSES, AM I RITE?

Attached: original[1].gif (480x270, 1.14M)

Shut up pawn

is Blood Omen 2 worth playing at all?
I heard people saying it was bad

give it a go if you played all the others but other wise it's not very good.

>Gary-Stu shit.
Yeah, we know. Kain is basically unkillable for "plot reasons", it's stupid. Hennig confirmed she was a terrible writer and went with a shitty brain-dead chosen one trope.

The staff has no listed ownership but Moebius is seen with it the most. Why would he bother with any other staff? I'll tell you why: bad writing. If you want to sit here and make excuses for this shit and go back-and-forth, be my guest.

He didn't play into the Hylden's plans because of what he did, but more how it turned out. The Hylden let him do it; he couldn't even talk on his own in Defiance.

Sure:
Why didn't Mortanius resurrect Ariel? He clearly could have as demonstrated with Malek.
Where was the Elder God and Moebius during mortal Kain's death? Why would they even let Mortanius make Kain a vampire in the first place? The Elder God and Moebius are both described as "near-omnipotent" in both game material and by Hennig.
Where does Kain even go when he dies mortal death? Is it Hell? Where is the spectral realm? Where was the Elder God?
Why would Moebius willingly let himself go insane by the events surrounding Ariel's death? He is described as "near-omnipotent" in both game material and by Hennig and thus had the foresight to avert these events.

>Why would he bother with any other staff?
Because he's not at the forefront of the Sarafan operation? Because he doesn't regularly confront and eliminate vampires? Because that task falls to Sarafan!Raziel and other knights?

The staff is designed to incapacitate vampires in combat, and Moebius isn't a combatant.

its not as bad as people say, just not as good as the others in the series.

Why does kain bother walking places when he can fly and teleport?

Why do you bother walking places when you can sprint and vault?

>Why didn't Mortanius resurrect Ariel?
Ariel's spirit was bound to the Pillars by forces greater than Mortanius could manipulate.
>Where was the Elder God and Moebius during mortal Kain's death?
Conspiring to enable Kain's resurrection, since his actions as a vampire lord benefited the Elder God greatly?
>Where does Kain even go when he dies mortal death? Is it Hell?
Yes. It is likely the same place the Hylden are trapped in, being both maddening and inaccessible to the Elder God.
>Where is the spectral realm?
The Spectral Realm isn't anywhere, it's a parallel/underlying dimension where lost spirits are left to wander before getting minced in Elder's Wheel of Fate.
>Why would Moebius willingly let himself go insane by the events surrounding Ariel's death?
He didn't. His characterisation in BO1 is an act meant to duck suspicion, as seen by his demeanour in Defiance immediately after being killed by young Kain in BO1.

>why didn't Mortanius ressurect Ariel
That's really not how ressurection works. With Malek he binds his living soul to a suit of armour, Ariel's soul is very definitely gone.
>All the Moebius and Elder God shit
Because they wanted Kain to be resurrected as a result of their omniscience. Not to mention that with the way fate works in LoK knowing the future doesn't mean you can do anything about it. And their plan relies on Kain introducing a paradox to kill William, with their knowledge of the time stream they probably figured that was the only way to get what they want. But again, even if it wasn't, their omniscience comes from knowing fate, that alone means they can't change it without a paradox.
AND if they do manage to force a paradox their omniscience doesn't extend to the time stream changed by a paradox though they can make educated guesses. The instant that history is re-shuffled they'll know the entirety of the new time-stream but not before that.

I cant sprint or vault though. I'm extremely unfit.

Honest answer: because after the slow decline of Nosgoth began, Kain took to watching the Chronoplast in order to figure out how to undo the damage. The Chronoplast suggested to him that a hero would come who would reverse the corruption, and Kain thought he would be that hero, as proscribed by his oh-so-very-exalted status.

Then Raziel pops the wings, showing himself to be the vampire saviour, and in his jealousy, Kain tries to fuck History over by attempting to remove Raziel from the picture. He does, of course, unknowingly commit to Raziel's fate in the process, but that is something he doesn't find out until Defiance.