Yeah boys, looks like Yakuza kino is back on the menu

Yeah boys, looks like Yakuza kino is back on the menu.

youtube.com/watch?v=M9_L2TA0IEY

Attached: Yakuza-7_2019_08-29-19_Top.jpg (600x337, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o8dtu5uRTWE
youtube.com/watch?v=f-P5ZcGTMQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=cNJP5QxwMng
strawpoll.me/18559789
files.catbox.moe/wc0i9r.png
youtu.be/fQ2kCGGwG_Q
novacrystallis.com/2014/09/with-final-fantasy-xv-i-do-want-to-make-it-more-casual-says-tabata/
twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/1166942120847925248?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1166942120847925248&ref_url=https://kotaku.com/ajax/inset/iframe?id=twitter-1166942120847925248&autosize=1
youtube.com/watch?v=g3jCAyPai2Y
youtu.be/6wHKysg4UWE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ichiban looks great, i hope he sticks around.
i'm just worried about the shift in genre.

>turnbasedniggers complain about Yakuza combat being bad when they have the same amount of depth and complexity

Attached: 1502986681059.png (373x338, 138K)

This looks like that shit PSP spin-off except worse. Wouldn't be surprised if this was a mobile game.

>literally the only popular beat em up game
>becomes a generic JRPG
Kyoani fire happened at the wrong office building

Thinking about it some, the battle system here looks like a flex of Chrono Trigger's, if it were in 3D.

I'm fine with seeing how this plays out.

Attached: 547687564358654.jpg (1440x1440, 572K)

Introducing Ichiban the world's first adult male turn based JRPG protagonist. For all you people tired of faggy teenage drama.

wait it's actually turn-based? I thought that was an april fool's.

could've been cool if it was as good as SMT's and had the same approach to the music and presentation, but this looks like a minigame or something

youtu.be/o8dtu5uRTWE

Why are people mad again? If it's a bad change it will sell and review poorly and they'll go back to beat em up. At worst it's one game with different gameplay.

I do wonder why they went this way for a mainline title
why not a spinoff?

I really hate the MC's design. I don't want to play as this person.

It was but then it turned out it's real. Except it looks shittier, look up a video on twitter in another thread. Looks like a slow paced JRPG

I'm genuinely super excited for this genre switch. The combat in Yakuza was always like 20% too shitty for my tastes. Too stiff and mashy. The turn based looks slick and adaptive

Yes never in the history of videogames has a shitty mechanic sold well. It's always the best stuff that sells, that's why modern AAA video games are so fucking great, right

It's interesting that Japan is sticking with this being a mainline title, but the Western trailer changed the title all together.

The Sega Europe trailer calls it "Yakuza: Like A Dragon"

youtube.com/watch?v=f-P5ZcGTMQ8

Turn based combat isn't shitty. Just because it's not yet another best em up in a series that is literally nothing but them doesn't mean it's shitty. There is definitely still a place for turn based combat in video games.

they went the RE7 route
I kinda like it

Re7 was still resident evil through and through, just first person. This is a lot bigger of a shift.

>this game will be as long as a regular Yakuza game plus an Atlas jrpg combined
Yakuza 8 will probably release before most people finish platinuming 7.

I mean in the naming Resident Evil: Biohazard, it just lacks the Biohazard: Resident Evil

ichiban is a good guy

Yes and that place is in the main title of an established beat em up franchise. This world doesn't have enough JRPGs, too many beat em ups out there.

>18 years later
Wait wtf how old is he?

40, same as akiyama.

>yakuza with a young fresh protagonist slowly becoming desillusionned never ever

still, though, abrupt genre changes like this should be spinoffs, not main titles. i love turn-based jrpgs and the combat in this game looks good, but people expect numbered yakuza games to be beat-em-ups. especially in japan, where abrupt genre changes don't usually go over well (see: the massive negative reaction to dqix originally having action-based combat).

In what world are decent budget turn based JRPGs a thing besides DQ and Persona? Final fantasy doesn't even do it anymore and probably won't ever again. You act as though turn based JRPGs are still abundent but that simply is not the case.

Real talk, the reason they changed it to appeal to fujos who like Yakuza. They're too slow and dumb to play action games.

>fujos
???

fujos love dmc, though.

Are we seriously going to act like yakuza gameplay has ever been challenging now? This will probably be the hardest game in the series.

Hasn't stopped them from making Kiryu and Majima a gay couple anyway

Good because yes I’m sick of that shit

World of FF, Pokemon, Ni No Kuni, DQ, Persona, the genre of turn based JRPGs is definitely more alive than the genre of beat em ups

hopefully this thread doesn't devolve into the retarded
>yakuza combat was always shit, so this change is good!!!
>fuck turnbased gameplay it's fucking shit.

so how do you all feel about ichiban so far?
i like that he actually talks more than kiryu, and the little comedic scenes they have him in make him stand out more from kiryu, since i can't really imagine kiryu getting into these sort of situations.
mate, fujos have always loved this series, regardless of the gameplay.

>he hasnt played Ishin
Turnbased games are never hard

They also love Yakuza, but they don't play it they just buy the homo dojins or whatever. Now they will. Fujos are known to play JRPGs, the genre is retarded enough for them.

Pokemon is its own thing that will never die and you know it, that's not a fair example. Ni no kuni literally moved away from turn based gameplay for the sequel.

>fujos have always loved this series
Yeah, that's exactly why the devs pivoted directly to them. They're the main market now, go away boys.

>oh yeah time for the epic final battle!!!
>2 random retards standing next to each other waiting doing nothing
>oh its my turn time to spam my strongest attack that I got by doing all the sidequest!
>one shot the final boss
>yup that was epic it gave me the same adrenaline rush that previous yakuza bosses gave me for sure!
Turn-based retards will defend that

Yakuza is a fujo series. It's full of buff older guys who are either virgins or the love of their life is dead/went to america/dumped them/or written out of the series just because and all they're left with is manly friendships.

Do fujos like forty years rough looking men?

you would probably ragequit at the matador fight in nocturne.

Also world of final fantasy fucking bombed IIRC despite being objectively better than XV.

name one boss that gave you an adrenaline rush in the franchise

For the main story I see no problem, but Judgment showed us, quirky substorys suck without Kiryu's out of touch autism mind.

>Pokemon is its own thing that will never die and you know it, that's not a fair example
It won't die but it doesn't have to be a turn based RPG in this day in age. And yet it is.

>Ni no kuni literally moved away from turn based gameplay
It's still something like ATB though isn't it? You move around, but it's not real time combat, it's command based.

You're braindead if you think the yakuza team can balance for shit.

No. Ni no kuni 2 is literally an action game. Nothing about it is turn based.

Loving the new combat

It kinda had zero marketing though and it totally got lost in a huge wave of XV DLCs and spinoffs and mobagames

The last gameplay hour of 0 gave me a hard cock, now go on and call me a 0-fag.

Ichiban is way more likable than kiryu because he's more expressive and talks more. He's closer to someone like young majima than kiryu which is neat.

>we know the games have huge women following
>make it turn-based the most easy and women most favorite gameplay style
Pandering to low IQ roasties.

>Boat fight
>replaying through dojima headquarters
it's shit

this looks dope
is this real

Is this a trick question

Attached: m5z0kz-L.jpg (480x360, 14K)

>actionniggers complain about RPG combat being boring when they have the same amount of button-mashing and tedium

Looks like we've come to an agreement boys.

Easily more than 30% of yaoi is about gay yakuza. Fujos don't understand male camaraderie so they think its romantic and sexual everytime and they love it.

Fighting tigers was cool.

No, that's CGI shit. This is what it looks like in real life

Attached: 1567064459958.webm (960x540, 2.59M)

ryuji never felt like a threat
you beat him three times and he's outsmarted by pretty much everyone in the omi alliance

>4 minutes for a battle against random streets thugs
Damn....this wont get old at all guys...Can't wait for sephiroth to super nova and seeing a 3 minutes cutscene attack everytime

>Fujos don't understand male camaraderie so they think its romantic and sexual everytime and they love it.
this unironically makes me annoyed

Yes and no. It was the April's fool joke, but turns out it was actually some kind of early prototype or a concept with goofy sound effects.

>ryuji never felt like a threat
What about when you fail a final button prompt and FUCKING DIE

that's disappointing
cinematic turn-based is kino af

this purple mist thing shouldn't be in yakuza

haha atleast its a change of pace

Attached: 1502979221534.jpg (315x326, 21K)

Don't talk shit about boats! >:(

ff7r should've been like this

why not?
niggas already start glowing blue and can kick people down the street.

it's just a random battle against a couple mooks.
RGG always does special animations for boss battles. In the past it was in the form of specific heat moves, but now we'll probably get some cool attacks against bosses and whatnot.

You are right

>Enter fight
>Can't leave
>Need to do routine attacks
>Over time you get new moves and power ups

If dega can match the speed of the combat as previous games and make using multiple characters balanced it could work.

I really don't like 1 at all but this boss fight was great, especially since I had next to no HP by the end.

Attached: 1565025562025.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

i've never played a yakuza game but im interested now that's turn-based
will definitely keep an eye out closer to release

>fail button prompt
fucking casual

Don't sleep on the action-based titles, they're good too, and very similar in gameplay style to JRPGs in everything but combat.

That said, RGG studio has been putting out a lot of demos for their games, so it's fair to assume they'll release a preview for Yakuza 7 too.

I really hope there's an option to skip animations, especially if random encounters will be how they usually are in prior games.

>another PICK A SIDE post

Personally, I like both turn-based combat and how the old Yakuza games played. Anyone who thinks there won't be more action-type Yakuza games are delusional. They already said they'd do more stuff like Judgment and if people don't like Y7, they'll switch it back permanently.

also the fact that is steals the 2 dragons thing from 2 is garbage

So the long was for Judgment 2, also known as ACTUAL YAKUZA, begins...

About 3/4ths of the cast in these games look like handsome actors and the series has a fuckhuge female fanbase accordingly, they're "rough" the same way Geralt in Witcher 3 is rough

long wait goddamnit

looks great but WHY is it called yakuza 7? why not a new name like Judgement

Aside from the actually bugged QTE in Kashiwagi's boss fight in Zero and maybe the QTE they had in one of Shnada's fucking cutscenes in 5, who fucking fails the QTEs in this series?

That basic attack ended up slowing the game down by so fucking much.

Probably to differentiate itself from Judgement

>long wait
Expect it next year. RGG cranks out games really fast.

NO BULLY!!

>>skin color
Hmmmm

Every game is just a rehash of earlier games
Their big idea of young Majima was to just turn him into a Kiryu clone

It doesn't fit the setting and it will break immersion
>>lieutenant of the Dojima family
>DAISAKU KUZE
>the music is hype, let's goooo!
>this is what you see

Attached: 1567069037202.png (1920x1078, 2.94M)

I hope it's set in Yokohama so it can perform a perfect dab on Y7

Alright homos, I've played Yakuza 1-3 but every time I try to get into 4 I bounce off after 5 to 10 hours. Should I give it one more shot or should I move on to 0 and work my way back to it?

Attached: 1499610355181.jpg (1024x703, 148K)

What's the chance of it all being a huge ruse? It's way too close to Persona 5 from what I've seen which makes me doubt it

This entire franchise has been mechanically shit so far, there's nothing to lose

fuck that.
the detective elements like tailing missions and the investigation sequences ruin the fucking thing.

6 fuccking games with a basic premise of offering action gameplay. Why does it surprise anyone that some fans are livid

4 is way better than 3. If you suffered through that and get bored with 4, you're just burnt out with the series and playing 0 isn't going to fix that.

Based Sega and their nip movie games

It's funny that because characters have idle animations now they actually seem less lifeless than they normally do in these games where the enemy AI is just set to enemies standing around waiting for you to hit them

yfw Judgement is more a Yakuza game than Yakuza 7

That's just how lazy they are, user. They don't even bother to fix the old combat system. Why do you think they'll do a decent job at this

>immediate damage control from nagoshi
>I-I-I-IF YOU HATE IT WE WILL GO BACK TO OLD STYLE!!!
Pretty much admitting that he doesn't even trust himself and his team that this will be good.

>Turn-based JRPGs don't have hype moments surrounded by hype music

Explain the Astaroth boss fight in Shadow Hearts Covenant.

>shows picture of a random battle against mooks
at least wait until they show footage of a boss, fucking hell.

it's that fucking korean guy

>so how do you all feel about ichiban so far?
Definitely feels way more laid back and comedic but serious when he needs to be. I was already expecting it but it seems like they want much more lighthearted and comedic stuff than Kiryu usually had in the main story. I got 3 vibes from the trailer just from the tone of it all with both the serious moments in the story but then all the laid back beach stuff at the same time. I can only imagine how ridiculous the substories are going to be with how Ichiban already acts.

>tfw 3 was my favorite
Maybe I just like Kiryu more than the other MCs? Then again it's been at least a year, maybe I'd like 4 more now that I've had a break.

I dont know if I'd say that. I didn't really care much to finish 4 or Dead Souls yet I really liked 5/0 a lot.

>judgment is more yakuza than yakuza 7 is
You can't make this shit up

What exactly would we see there other than picking commands on a menu screen

>dev shows they don't care about what their fanbase thinks
>Yea Forums goes apeshit
>FUCKING KIKE, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US, THE REAL FANS!!!!

>dev realizes they're making a big change and asks people to give it a chance, if they really don't like it he'll consider going back to the old style
>Yea Forums goes apeshit
>FUCKING DUMBASS, DOESN'T EVEN TRUST HIMSELF, WHAT A FAGGOT

make up your fucking mind homo

So you will always random party member following you everywhere?

He looks like the sort of guy that would get kidnapped for 15 years and end up fucking his daughter

The same difference you see between a random mook fight and a boss fight in the standard Yakuza games.

>better camera angles
>better lighting
>better animations

Hot

This shit looks so childish. The turnbased concept looks ugly, in 6 THEY JUST UPDATED THE FIGHTING STYLE AND NOW THEY ARE TRASHING IT FOR THIS? This is a joke! An absolute joke! Shame on anyone who supports this shit. This isn't the formula for a yakuza game at all, and shame any of you who thinks this is fine. You can't get the same feeling such as running into a group of guys and beating their asses nor fighting in stores nor feeling THE ACTION of FIGHTING GAMES. There was a sense of amazement fighting in the previous games but ACTION WITH YAKUZA does not MIX with BORING TURNED BASED SLOW SHIT.

Attached: remaining-yakuza-gang-members-reach-12-year-low.png (600x387, 395K)

>if they really don't like it he'll consider going back to the old style
That's a lie though, obviously. If old fans hate it but he gets a lot of new fujo fans, he won't change shit.

Explain how this shit will transition well with Yakuza setting.

It won't

holy shit that bread technology

>instead of yakuza being 70% movies it now 90% movie
We all know modern japs hate gameplay

Akiyama takes a bit of time to grow close to but he's really great. Give him a chance because I hated him at the start and hated how cocky he was most of the time. Hana is also best girl.
Saejima's intro part is slow and whether or not you enjoy him is really up in the air because the prison feels like it takes forever and Kamurocho is filled with cops blocking your path. He also generally acts cold to everyone, but his story is actually pretty interesting all things considered, and you get the whole "I'm like a time traveler" feeling when playing him. He hits like a truck though.
Tanimura is way out there as a character, his style is pretty weak but it's got a lot of interesting things (Like parrying or handcuffing people) and as a character he's mostly reserved, however he gets some great parts around Kiryu's bits.
Then of course there's Kiryu who is like you taking off your power limiters and it's pretty amazing the first second you gain control of him.

Maybe you should stop defending faggots and he should get some fucking backbone and stick to his guns if this is what he wants.

>old fan hate it
>lol don't care i made more money with new retards

He's already stated he doesn't really give a shit about the female or the western audience. If they like it, fine, but they aren't making decisions based on them.

You should be more worried about chinks. RGG studio has been catering hard to them for a long time. They even changed one of the actors in 0 for a chinese guy just to appeal to that demographic.

Attached: nagoshi_no women.png (591x315, 25K)

you are retarded if you think yakuza combat was anything close to a fighting game.

Explain how it won't, you're the one who made the claim originally. A JRPG set in modern times with adults sounds great to me and is something old Yea Forums used to hope for, for the Persona series

amen to that. This MC looks fucking stupid as shit

Attached: 1567057872796.jpg (589x602, 61K)

Pretty cool still. I figured the trailer was just scripted CGI. But the actual gameplay looks respectable.

I get what you're saying but I still don't buy it
Why waste all this time and effort on their new engine just to make it turn-based?

oh so because the fighting wasn't the best it has to be liquidated to the absolute JRPG kawaii bullshit that current turnbased games are today?

This. People were hoping it was what persona 5 was going to be early on with college aged students.

Yeah until you've seen every one of those canned animations dozens of times

I don't understand how you people think this shit is going to be on the same level as real jrpg series out there. This is the Yakuza team we're talking about here the balance is going to be awful and all of their effort will be on making cool animation attack.

You're not getting a SMT or DQ style turn based here. Use your fucking brain.

How good do you guys think the story will be?

yeah i will miss all those thousands of extremely detailed heat moves with high quality, non-reused animations!
faggot

about the same as every other RGG studio game.

All games have canned animations. it still looks fun to play.

>noooo, some random twitter poster didn't like it, that means series is dead in Japan

>including the poles
huh

Attached: 36792762_10160558347965483_7542414054443188224_o.png (1846x970, 39K)

>muh heat moves
If Yakuza gameplay was just heat moves maybe you would have a point.

I'd be more receptive to the idea if it was a tactical turn-based RPG, letting you move the party members around. But it seems like everyone moves by themselves

Tbh it was a stupid decision by the team. Yakuza fans are so afraid of changes they played 7 games in same location and you give them new one AND change gameplay formula? Of course they hate it.

>punch animation
>kick animation
>oh no the enemy grabbed me better mash X!

meh...the story prob wont be anywhere as good as Kyiru's ....

Use yours, reactionary faggot. I actually like the Yakuza games and Judgment btfo most of the shit games you faggots obsess about here. Since I actually like the series, I am going to give them a chance instead of pretending like I know a game I've seen nothing of will turn out.

>why yes performing an action in an action game is just as boring as seeing that action happen on screen while fiddling with your peepee
user pls

Yakuza is now Persona

If that means I can date Kiryu..then its all good

Thanks user, I'll give it another go.

Attached: 1503583817496.jpg (500x501, 25K)

Based An

No adrenaline rush, but goosebumps basically for most of the boss fights in yakuza 0

>not beating your meat while you play
Come on, user, you're better than this.

If its written by the same lad that did Judgment then it should be good. If its written by Yokoyama then there is no hope.

I thought the old games were getting stale as fuck and the combat always got boring and repetitive soon into the games. But this looks much worse. Turn-based makes no fucking sense for a game about all-out brawls between gang members.

I keep looking at it too.

>yakuza dev talked about how they helped make sakura wars an action game
>now they are making yakuza into a turn based game
I'll play both but what the fuck are they doing

>a zillion turn-based games
>a million good turn-based games
>no game with gameplay quite like yakuza's
>turn yakuza into turn-based game
retarded.
looks boring af

Are zoomers allergic to turn based anything?

>weebs defending garbage that even the fucking nips themselves don't like because "muh east tho"
Absolute state of this board.

Attached: 1566403524100.gif (640x360, 1.2M)

>playing yakuza for the easy and simple combat
I play it for the story and it seems like that's still going to be good

>no game with gameplay quite like yakuza's
>retard thinks beat em up with flashy cinematic moves is unique

Yes I play video games for the gameplay

This looks so boring and uninspired, what the fuck are some of these faggots talking about that it looks "fun to play" and "exciting", it looks like shite!

>JRPG kawaii bullshit

Attached: 1567007201745.jpg (600x800, 34K)

>game flops
>they scrap everything new and just reboot the franchise with kiryu and never focus on any new protagonists ever again
worst timeline

>lol why do you want good gameplay in a video game, just watch the pretty cutscenes bro
Fuck off movie game loving nigger.

Why are you playing mediocre gameplay like Yakuza then?

Modern sega is retarded. Capcom is my best friend again.

More like I was hoping for them to improve the mediocre gameplay rather than just move to a different kind of shit.
Keep bending over and taking that sega dick though.

Clearly you have never played a Yakuza game before

FUCKING JUDGMENT FINAL BOSS
LITERAL ADRENALINE RUSH

>Cool cutscene before the final boss filled with emotion
>Both men take off their shirts, ready to go to fucking war
>They start wailing on eachother, yelling
>Battle starts and your random high schooler companion materializes out of nowhere, alongside and old man and an old woman apart of your party
>everyone just stands around doing nothing, waiting for you to give commands so that one person at a time can slowly attack the big bad final boss
wow its the yakuza i never knew i wanted
fucking trash

Depending on how they do it, a turn based system will be far superior to the half-assed action combat

>don't expect devs to improve gameplay, just consume product

They made 7 games and hardly improved

No it won't because turn based is garbage

>Battle starts and your random high schooler companion materializes out of nowhere, alongside and old man and an old woman apart of your party
This is going to be the worst. I can't believe Yea Forums is unironically defending this shit

I don't disagree with that... Kiryu is the best waifu

>unironically being serious about "never expect developers to improve shit"
Cancer like (You) is why vidya is so trash now.

You just have shit taste, go play rdr or something

He is both waifu and husbando
10/10 would let him Dragon Style my anus

>They made 7 games and hardly improved

retard go look at Yakuza 1, not Kiwami

aside from the actual combat, the rest of the shit you'll be doing will probably be the same as usual.

But he's dead. Like, shot in the head before Kiryu dead.

>devs show they aren't improving 6 times
>expecting me to think on the 7th time they will improve
Atleast turn based means it'll be something different and not just the same game again

His design would be fine if it wasn't for the god awful hair.

>Ijincho
Is it finally going to not be in Kamurocho?

YEH IT IS

seems that way.
some posts here were saying that this new location is 3 times bigger than kamurocho as well.

>4:01
TECHNOLOGY

Attached: bread gloves.jpg (480x480, 82K)

Only kids with ADHD don't like turn based systems

His ponytail look was nice.

I want to know something...When does this take place? After 6? After Judgement?

>no Dead Souls
>nor Hokuto
>no Kenzan
>no Ishin
>let alone Black Panther 1 and 2

Attached: mashu.png (176x270, 73K)

After Judgment. The Tojo are still in Kamurocho at the end of Judgment.

likely this year.

he has short hair in the trailer and looks even worse

The problem isn’t that it’s turn based, the problem is it’s boring generic turn based bull shit with no style. You fags saw the actual gameplay footage they just released and you’re STILL hyped for it? Explain yourselves.

Attached: D0035B3D-6C90-4A8A-BA90-2D5192DD77F7.jpg (1024x576, 176K)

Looks like the next Yakuza 0.

Will it have a whole new cast and story now that Kiryu is gone? I might pick it up but I only played 0, Kiwami and a little of Kiwami 2.

Attached: 1555134786468.png (807x857, 754K)

Not who you're replying to, but they better fuckin do better than what was shown in that webm. It looks pretty bad and out of place.

one webm isn't enough to actually decide whether it's good or bad.
i'm worried about what's going to happen, but i'm not going to completely write it off until we see more.

watch the "april fools" gameplay from a while back. theres a lot of style.

thank fuck for that
Hopefully theres more shit to do rather than just being more tedious to get around

we getting another muh secret cia twin thing?

Attached: secret cia twin.png (835x432, 524K)

that was scripted to fuck

>press button to watch 1 minutes long cutscenes against random streets thugs
Definitely won't get old after 3 battles

>You fags saw the actual gameplay footage they just released and you’re STILL hyped for it? Explain yourselves.
No one is actually hyped for this. It's just JRPGfags and dramafags coming in here to talk about how they'll buy the game just to piss off Yakuza fans who hate it, when in reality they're not buying shit, at most they'll pirate it just so they can pretend to play and enjoy it, when they'll also be cursing themselves for playing uninspired, take turn, bland garbage now known as Ryu Ga Gotoku 7 or Yakuza: Like A Dragon.

>Nagoshi is fucking tired of crapping out Yakuza games yearly
>sales keep decreasing with each new title
>suddenly the west starts caring about the franchise 1 game away from the big finale of the series
>Nagoshi finally gets to experiment and do something else for the first time in 7 years
>gets shat on because it isn't yet again the same title being put out year after year since 2015

Attached: maiden.png (353x628, 231K)

you mean this 20 second clip here? I know v likes to be judgy but thats not a whole lot to go on

>Dude at the bottom right
OH FUCK IT'S HIDEAKI ANNO
youtube.com/watch?v=cNJP5QxwMng

That looks like the Korean guy from 6 who took over the host club

>press button to watch 1 minutes long cutscenes against random streets thugs
so Yakuza gameplay?

oh, you mean like most heat actions?

Speak for yourself, I've played since the first Yakuza on PS2 and have played everything aside from the Black Panther games and not completing Kenzan and Ishin's stories. I'm hyped for this and will be buying Y7 day one like I've done for every Yakuza (except 1 and 2 that I got off eBay before 3 came out).

Heat action take 10 seconds max.

Remember the first demo for Y6, with Kiryu in that blue jacket? It wasn't too great and the final Y6 played much better. Even if you're not a fan of Y6, there was still a huge difference.

With that said, the seconds of gameplay we've seen didn't look bad to me, and isn't much to go off of.

DQ is a boring trash franchise that only retarded dicklets japs love. Im tired of this shit franchise influencing and ruining series.

So takes my cock to cum, you fucking fag.

Attached: 1519415230930.jpg (300x300, 64K)

This, part of why I loved kiryu, his autistic thoughts on everything were what made them so good

At least he got to do it.
Plebs will hate it but patricians will learn to appreciate it

>I've played since the first Yakuza on PS2 and have played everything aside from the Black Panther games and not completing Kenzan and Ishin's stories. I'm hyped for this and will be buying Y7 day one like I've done for every Yakuza (except 1 and 2 that I got off eBay before 3 came out).
No you haven't, and no you won't.
I've been playing since 3 came out, and this is completely uninspired trash, it doesn't even look like halfway decent gameplay for a JRPG, let alone when you're trying to convince old fans that changing the entire genre of the game is a good thing.
I'd accept this if it were a spin-off, I may even buy it, even though I never bought Dead Souls. But this is the first mainline Yakuza game I will not buy whatsoever unelss this turns out to be an out of season April Fools joke.

Hey I liked Binary Domain but if it was called Yakuza 5 I would've felt a bit different about it

>it doesn't even look like halfway decent gameplay for a JRPG
Can you show me where you found more than 15 seconds of gameplay?

Here's 21 seconds. That's all I need to see to make my JUDGEMENT.

Yes I have, and yes I will. I even bought, played, and finished Dead Souls, unlike you. See, since I have experience, I know for a fact every future title won't be a turn-based game. I know this because the devs already said they're thinking of doing more games like Judgment. I'm not a reactionary faggot and will give this one a chance, and not base a decision on the seconds of honestly not bad gameplay shown so far.

Can you show me where you saw all the systems behind the combat to properly evaluate it?

tfw last brawler on the market gets turned into shitty turn based dragon quest game.

Attached: 1543181712249.jpg (326x315, 11K)

All this genre shit flinging reminds me of pic.
Turning Tactical into action shooter.

It wasn't good.

Attached: 81HNHbs3KKL._SL1500_.jpg (1303x1500, 182K)

> I'm not a reactionary faggot and will give this one a chance, and not base a decision on the seconds of honestly not bad gameplay shown so far

Attached: CONSUME.jpg (1200x592, 125K)

What the fuck is this timeline where Yakuza is turn-based?

Attached: 1534959472498.gif (490x476, 3.52M)

>last brawler on the market

Fake news. RGG studio already said they want to make more games like Judgment. Which by the way, JUST CAME OUT

Attached: how do u know bro.jpg (802x437, 78K)

>reddit letter media

Do you have an actual argument? Yes, I'm not going to proclaim a game is shit or not shit based on literal seconds of gameplay footage.

>last brawler on the market
New Sakura Wars is going with Yakuza like action combat

Watch the literal Dragon of Dojima tattoo be the secret super boss.

There better be recruitable party members. Like granny, salaryman, delinquent, and etc

Attached: 1566967845982.png (620x432, 454K)

This is not an American AAA developer, you don't know it's shit until it's out

Ooooooh yeaaah
I guess this probably explains that.

I NEVER SAW IT COMING

Mmm, I need to taste that turd coming out of your ass to really ascertain if it's shit.

Attached: 1515763853381.png (802x874, 189K)

>get to the final boss
>ichiban gets pissed off to nuclear levels
>shatters the UI and makes the fight real time
what do?

just a friendly reminder that Yea Forums is always wrong

Ok, so you don't have an argument outside of decade-old bait MSPaint comic. Thanks for clearing that up.

ebin memes m8

You don't have an argument outside of "just let them shit on your plate first bro"

Never heard of sakura wars franchise is it good?

Good waifu games

That would be total ass. You can't just change the gameplay in the last 5 minutes. Look how well that did to Drakengard 3.

How are Japanese fans responding to the new trash turn based combat?

This is what Yea Forums said about three houses
Look at it now, Yea Forums always is wrong. Just a bunch of negative Nellies that never really discuss about video games

Badly.
Not like their opinion matters much when the Japanese sales have been on decline since 3.

So when Yea Forums will praise the game on release it will be wrong too?

Yea Forums regularly hails drakengard 3 as god tier for doing exactly that, as well as MGS4

I don't know nothing about your animu waifufag game, that has nothing to do with Yakuza completely changing game genre's, and looking like a really shit game in that game genre no less.

>trying things out for yourself or waiting for more info is frowned upon instead of listening to Yea Forums drama queens looking for a new TORtanic

Ok.

They're more negative about it than from what i've seen in these threads.

Yes you can it's the fucking coolest thing ever

The drama queens are the ones such as yourself saying "hehe i'm gonna buy it anyways because yakuza fans hate it" actual fans of the series are justifiably mad.
In the end no one will buy it. Dramafags will forget about the game in a week time because they're on in this thread to be like "actionfags BTFO turn-basedfags win again!" before moving onto the next thing. Yakuza fans aren't going to buy this heaping pile of turds.

How many of my fellow faggots have pre-ordered the Remaster collection?

Attached: 1558641090970.jpg (638x632, 42K)

the final boss is the only memorable part of Drakengard 3 as a game

Attached: KUUUUROOOOIIIHAAAANAAA.png (1276x540, 809K)

Had to pre-order it from canada because for some reason Europe isn't getting it.

it's up on amazon uk now.
just preordered it a second ago.

Came to this thread to lurk
I really want to play the games
Which one is a good start for a new fag?

Good thing I still have Yakuza 0 and judgment to play the two best game in the franchise.

if it's actually shit when they actually show sizable gameplay from it, no shit I won't buy it. You'd have to be crazy to think we're not going to see more of it before it comes out. But the story looks like it'll be good and since I enjoyed the past games, even when they changed up the gameplay like Dead Souls, I enjoyed it. So yes, I'm more inclined to believe this will be a game I enjoy than one I won't. Shitposting when we have almost nothing to go on is absolutely being a drama queen.

you're right, now there's also Judgement

0 if you're a pleb
1 (PS2) if you're a patrician

see

me. sucks being a physicalchad having to wait half a year to play them though.

>running around town doing a side story
>suddenly, OI KORRA
>get run into from behind
>have to wait for all your random civilian allies to load in
>ENEMY AMBUSH
>watch 5 mooks each make their move first
>then it's your turn
>then you can run away
>repeat times infinity
Christ.

already responded to those and destroyed the non-argument there. looks like victory is mine, drama queen

Where can I pre-order this?

>z00mers whp only played a fraction of the series acting like huge fans and want more of the same
Shocking.

>he gets caught by the trash mobs

strawpoll.me/18559789

Attached: 1555975585519.webm (1920x1080, 2.93M)

Based nigger

JUST CONSUME PRODUCT
DRAMA QUEEN!

Attached: npc.png (1006x813, 73K)

>NOOOOOOOOO you can't just wait for information to base a decision off of, you have to be irrationally mad like me!

Attached: 1565193335841.png (785x1000, 261K)

1, 2 on emulator and then 3, 4, 5, 6, 0 or 0, 6

OR

0, K1, K2, 3, 4, 5, 6

No need to play the original and the remakes, but 0 must be before K1 (and for one substory 0 should before 6, but that doesn't really matter).

Being turn based is a bit of an issue. I will wait to see more before I pass any judgement though.

>sold out
bros...

Attached: 1566078295299.jpg (507x441, 37K)

These two ways are the best way to go about it. Although, I'd personally add in Dead Souls after 4, but before 5 if you want some fanservice. Game's actually fun too, but I guess a lot of people would disagree with that.

>turn based
nah senpai, i'll pirate it if i'm in the mood

Mmm, I need to taste that turd coming out of your ass to really ascertain if it's shit.

Attached: shit.jpg (2382x458, 239K)

0 is the best way to to start

Attached: seethe more, drama queen.png (900x900, 38K)

Looks like they're trying to RIP off persona 5's ui but more shit.

More like 0 is the only good game in this series.

yum yum slurp slrp
mmm let me taste more to see if it's shit

>yakuza has had the same gameplay for over a decade!
>you should be happy that they’re changing it?
Why do retards keep using this argument? Yakuza isn’t the only fucking game we play, and one of the reasons we come to Yakuza is for the beat em up genre. If I wanted an actual turn based RPG I would play SMT and not some watered down, slow paced garbage like the new Yakuza game.

Attached: 67ED4D7E-2BC0-47D6-A119-F6E255F7C518.jpg (137x234, 6K)

0 or PS2 1. You can always use the PS2 games to see a very general idea of how the games play if you're on the fence, just remember they're the earliest point. Don't use Kiwami 1 as a replacement for 1 if and only if you're starting with 1 first, Kiwami 1's more of a sequel to 0 while 1's the beginning.

Dead Souls is more for people who can stomach all the flaws and want more fanservice. It's really not a game for everyone, especially with the framerate issues. Still fun though.

Attached: Let's get this party started.webm (640x360, 2.84M)

>playing yakuza for the very simple combat
>not for the great story and fun side stories

don't know why you're responding bro, you already won, remember? when you posted that mspaint comic in lieu of an argument for the third or fourth time?

I thought people liked this series for the variety? If only one of those aspects have changed, surely you'll still enjoy it?

If the combat were dull and boring to me I wouldn't make it through the story or substories.
I'm not buying this trash just because it has the Yakuza name on it.

slurp slurp slurp

cope cope cope

they're still making games with the old combat, calm down. RGG studio already said a while back they want to do more stuff like Judgment (which was basically already a Yakuza 7 of sorts)

Found the incel. No wonder you're into turn based shit like persona

>Yakuza is now DQ

Huh. Mite be cool.

How many 3D beat em ups like Yakuza are there? Especially ones as polish as Yakuza or made by people who clearly have some history with them? The last one I can remember before Yakuza was shit like Spider-man or something. People just don't make games that play like Yakuza.

Attached: 1498939264576.png (540x699, 33K)

Yeah, it's pretty flawed but better than I expected. Playable Ryuji made the game for me, and his singing for Kamurocho Setsugekka was god tier

>people play your game for a specific reason
>get rid of said reason in the sequel "just cuz"

im excited
graphics look fantastic
combat is turn-based! could be really cool!
but most of all, my man ichi, he's really poppin eh lads

>incel

Lole
seethe seethe seethe

That’s why I said (((one))) of the reasons.

>great story
R U B B E R
U
B
B
E
R
kys movie gamefag

>series known for it's action beat'em up combat gets trash turn-based sequel
>morons on Yea Forums actually defending this
No surprise you idiots are always the the polar opposite of sane rational human beings.

Ryuji was definitely the star of that game if only for his boss fight. Also pretty funny to see stuff like GBH running a boot camp to train your friends, Date partying up with you, Arase joining up with you, zombie Hayashi, and the final boss being a Resident Evil fight.

It's set in Yokohama. Finally not Kamurocho again.

Attached: Home_02_MASTHEAD.jpg (1400x700, 964K)

all the new stuff looks cool.
only thing i'm worried about is the combat itself.

files.catbox.moe/wc0i9r.png
even if I wasn't fine with the combat change I'd almost be willing to buy it just for the new areas
yokohama is gorgeous

Shut the fuck up faggot nippon can do no wrong.

Attached: 1560739133946.jpg (1024x663, 139K)

I still haven't even played 5 yet

True. The fighting in Yakuza was always so fun and satisfying. Especially with learning new skills, etc.

My hope is that it's just a feature like another "fighting style" and you can still fight the normal way as well.

And it has a Chinatown

Attached: yokohama-chinatown-1-1068x527.jpg (1068x527, 167K)

Turn based combat will be a big improvement over the shite they had before

i'm gonna wait till tgs to form a proper opinion since they'll no doubt show more off there, as well as stuff like the side content.
even if it turns out to be a flop, i hope they don't give up on ichiban, and this new location.

>sales keep decreasing
judgment is the best selling game in the series in japan though

>i hope they don't give up on ichiban
It feels like they're going all in on him even with Kiryu still potentially having an in so I doubt that's something to worry about, particularly since Japan apparently enjoys the guy thanks to Online.

True, I'm just being pessimistic I guess. Sometimes studios have a very difficult time transitioning a game series from one gameplay mechanic to another.

It did sold more than expected in the west, a game which they dubbed in English btw.

how long until yakuza 3 is released on its own

yakuzie was supposed to be high test beat em up
what the fuck

Get ready to DRIFT IN YOUR HARUKA CAR

>looks like shit
FTFY, OP. Don't mention it.

>Japan apparently enjoys the guy thanks to Online.
that's good.
i would be immensly upset if they decided just to switch back to kiryu because things aren't going well.

Fucking excellent, hopefully this hard blocks all the normalfags and plebbitors that were getting into the series. Turn-based combat is like rat poison to them.

>series known for its 2D linear obstacle course platforming gets turned into 3D open world collectathon trash in the sequel
>morons on Yea Forums not only actually defend this, but praise it as one of the best things of all time

Attached: Game N64-133-2__31767.1394708853.jpg (1280x886, 223K)

Didnt mean to quote

Normalfags and plebbitors love turnbased combat tho. All the faggots on twitter are gushing about how great it looks.

where's kiriyu

using mario rpg would've been a better example

Yeah bro normalfags hate persona haha lol

2D Mario still exist though.

And beat em up Yakuza games still exist and will still come out.

Are you genuinely retarded? That's not even remotely close of a comparison. Your comparisom would fit if people moaned about FF7 is not the same as FF6.

Only low IQ niggers don't like this genre change

No those were always actually spinoffs.
After 64 there wasnt a super mario 2D game until new super mario bros ten years later. 64 and sunshine really did replace the 2D games for a long time

Maybe there'll be a New Yakuza series that goes back to combat roots in ten years

7 is literally the sequel you inbred moron. If this shit took off, because drooling retards see the U.I and thinks this shit is Persona or something, then we might never see a Yakuza with brawler style gameplay. Ever.

Normalfags like Persona because they're told to like it, not because they have well-formed opinions on what's good or bad about it. If you ask any of them if Persona 5 would be a better game with generic westshit combat stripped right out of Assassin's Creed or something , they would surely agree.

RE4 said otherwise for a very very very long time

Gone. His story was done after 2 but since Japs are autistic when it comes to change and letting characters go he was still in several other games, until they grew some balls and finally ended his story in 6. I hope to god they don't bring him back. They're going to bring him back, aren't they. Fucking hell.

>you're at a fancy restaurant having a good time when this handsome waiter asks if there's anything you need
What do?

Attached: zorri-bliss.jpg (240x240, 12K)

Ah yes. I don't see you being so optimistic when FF took the same course. Of course you wouldn't, because the change doesn't pander to you. Fuck off hypocrite.

You call me the moron and are just jumping on a bandwagon you know nothing about, fucking retard. Devs already said they want to do more games like Judgment AND SAID THIS WHILE 7 WAS IN DEVELOPMENT.

There's still Judgment. They already said they want to make it it's own series and they will if it sells well (and it did). I also doubt they'd stay with the rpg combat even if Y7 did well. Would probably have 2 series running alongside each other (3 if you count Judgment), Yakuza action and Yakuza RPG.

JRPG are my favorite genre and I think this is stupid as fuck.
Basically what said

>a jrpg taking place in present time that isnt about killing gods or saving the world

i am in

Attached: 1439082755220.jpg (1631x1571, 85K)

ドラクエみてぇに

Never cared to get into the other Yakuza's but this I'm interested in.

As a JRPG fan the combat in this game looks so fucking slow and awful. Why would they turn fucking Yakuza into this? Fujos who can't play games with action combat?

Are the ps2 yakuza games worth going back to? Ive only played the modern ones but have a modded ps2. Should i go back to the beginning?

Have you imported any of the Yakuza games because you thought they wouldn't bring 3 or 5 or the spin-offs to the west? No? Then you're not a true fan, probably started with 0 and you can fuck off from these threads. I for one accept this change.

>played the modern ones
Then no, the old ones are not worth going back to. The PS2 games should only be played first.

I don't even know if that post is trolling yakuza fans or yakuza haters.

Attached: false flag.png (706x674, 79K)

yeah except the fact that moving from 2D to 3D isn't a good comparison for a beat em up moving to a turn based rpg

i can give you a perfectly good example of the opposite occurring and it turning out awful: ffxv

>i can give you a perfectly good example of the opposite occurring and it turning out awful: ffxv
FFXV isn't awful because of the combat though. That's one of the less-egregious things about that game.

I am interested but why call it Yakuza 7?

>FFXV isn't awful because of the combat though
a lot of people would argue otherwise, myself included

>Fujos who can't play games with action combat?
1. yakuza has always been comfort food for fujos and jap boomers who can't play action games in the first place, why do you think the games have so little depth, no challenge and almost play themselves?
2. with some proper feedback it could turn out to be amazing, i guess they can at least consult atlus designers now on how to make a good turn based combat system since they have offices in the same building

Attached: 1498583047246.jpg (370x388, 35K)

So if FFXV is bad because of the combat, then it implies that it would magically be a good game if it only had good combat. Is that what you're saying?

You just sold me on it with that line of thinking.

yakuza 0

I hope this shit destroys the series in the West.

i'd at least have played more than 3 hours before shelving it forever if that were the case, i personally never really played final fantasy games for the story; i genuinely enjoy turn based rpgs

not really sure what you're trying to prove at this point, you seem like someone who just likes to get into arguments

>if people don't like Y7
I hope to fucking god, all the gods, anyone that will listen to me that this fanbase will let the game flop just like the Akiba's Trip one shat on Akiba's Beat.

Attached: 231348654.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

You have a brain damage.
In mario 2d you move and jump around obstacles in 2d, in mario 64 you move and jump around obstacles in 3d. It's the same shit but evolved on new gen hardware.
In previous yakuza games you had beat em up gameplay - punch, kicks, grabs, counters, dodges all real time but in yakuza 7 all of this is taken away with a menu to select your attack cutscene.
There were so many fucking ways to improve the gameplay, hell they could have just fucking copied god hand gameplay and call it their own invention and people would be fine with over turn based combat.

>japanese
>liking any kind of change
they're already seething on twitter
there's also this

>final boss
>ichiban rips off his shirt, the accountant who was really the evil dragon all along rips off his
>a circle of fire surrounds them in a collapsing building
>hidenori shoji intensifies in the background
>Ichiban roars a deep 行くぞおお!Before charging the final boss
>then he stops. The boss stands there. Rpg menu pops up and the two being meandering back in forth staring at each other
>sick riffs in the background keep trying desperately to make this seem remotely epic

Boy I just can't wait.

Ah yeah remember punching and kicking in super mario bros

this is pretty much exactly what i'm very skeptical of: the fact that the studio will be able to pull off making a turn based rpg look cool while also staying true to the yakuza aesthetic

You forgot Ichiban party member friends who have no connection to that accountant materializing out of nowhere to aids him in this epic battle.

Touch the boob of the girl next to me.

Additional gameplay elements are not the same as completely changing the genre of one series, retard.
Oh, and you could actually kick in 2D mario games but it did not need a button prompt so you are a double retard.

This tbqh familia.
>Couldn't let go of Kiryu for 6+ games
>Threw an autistic tantrum when Apollo became the main protagonist in AA4
>Started seething about the changes in DQ9
>While FFXV was shit, most Japanese boomers didn't even understand controls, where to go and said the game is too difficult during the Duscae survey and threw another autistic tantrum

Release order.

1-2-3-4-5-0-6

Yakuza Dead Souls (a no-canon spin-off (pretty good)) is after 4, and if you want you can play Kiwami 1 after 0 and Kiwami 2 after 6.

Or the sequence where all of Ichiban's friends abandon him and he now struggles to beat people Kiryu smacks down in a second.

just stop posting bro, it's getting embarrassing

you were wrong, learn to admit in the future rather than just looking like a stubborn asshole

Fuck off, boomer.
Start with 0 like any other normal person.

I am so unbelievably disappointed, it's hard for me to describe.

Attached: 1553108281503.png (479x512, 25K)

FF went for the low IQ niggers with their games, Yakuza is moving away from them

Looks kino

youtu.be/fQ2kCGGwG_Q

yeah both genres are shit lol play shooters

0 then play the kiwami games in order

the people who tell you otherwise are nostalgia fags; just be warned that 0 is a way better game than 1

>auto off
Is this an option to make battles auto play?

possibly, a lot of jrpgs recently have had an option to force all your units o just use basic attacks and speed up the flow of gameplay
Helps improve the experience when going through trash mobs

We are going from bosses like Nishiki, Ryuji, Mine, Someya and Kuze to Shido from Persona 5.

i hope this is it. i just finished judgment and i swear i got brain damage every time the kenshin gang showed up and random encounters spawned everywhere. just imagining going through a similar scenario with turn based combat instead is giving me a aneurysm.

>but it did not need a button prompt
so its okay because even though the method of doing it is different the action is the same huh? Well you can still punch kick grab counter and dodge, just not in real time. Dumb fucking idiot

Just admit you're stupidly and arbitrarily selective with what big changes are "okay" between games and what aren't.

>FF went for the low IQ niggers with their games,

so casuals.
novacrystallis.com/2014/09/with-final-fantasy-xv-i-do-want-to-make-it-more-casual-says-tabata/

How? This is a really easy boss, hell, I always thought it was meant to be easy because Kiryu btfo of him in every way all the time. It's a plot point.

hated it when Kim called to tell you about the Keihin being in town. I hoped through natural story progression, they would have left.

I don't think turn based automatically means it's bad but I'm sort of annoyed anyway, I've been wanting a new protagonist for ages completely disconnected from Kiryu's story, which Ichiban delivers and he looks great. If this game flops Sega will probably drop him altogether too though, we all know they'll bring Kiryu back eventually but I imagined that it'd be a balance of him and this new guy.

>Yakuza 8 features the Kiryu Anywhere system

the cherry on top is their final side story in which you are promised a 10 million reward and get fuck all instead. fucking scammer faggots.

They absolutely do not, I can say this with certainty because I kept accidentally activating Akiyama's long ass wall heat move in 5 constantly. Some are short and some are long as fuck, there's no consistency between them really.

Turn based JRPGs is literally for kids and teens you moron. It isn't hard nor complex.

>has been asked multiple times for an argument
>NO! AND YOU DON'T HAVE AN ARGUMENT! CONSUME!
this fucking board

Attached: 1478123593774.png (529x761, 942K)

>then he stops. The boss stands there. Rpg menu pops up and the two being meandering back in forth staring at each other
Take out the menus and you basically have what happens in Yakuza final bosses anyway lol

Well this is awful.

Any chance the will reconsider this and delay the game to fix the combat after the really negative reaction from the japanese? You know it's a bad sign when even nips get mad about turn based combat. This will kill the series in the west again.

probably not.
they could've changed it to anything and japs would've gotten upset regardless.
you have people that don't want to buy it because kiryu isn't in the game.
hell japs review bombed 6 on amazon because haruka got chinked.

Sounds like every Jap is full-time on Yea Forums.

Don't play easy JRPGs then

>japs review bombed 6 on amazon because haruka got chinked
Based. Maybe the fact that 6 was shit and a total step down from 5 and 0 a factor too?

Very unlikely to change the genre of the game after they are far enough into the development to reveal it

Such as? I've already finished Nocturne.

>muh don't play the easy ones argument
Then don't play easy action based game for low I.Q with terrible hand eye co-ordination niggers, then. Fucking ass hat. What hard turm base JRPG there is that was made in this fucking decade. Everything is watered down and needs to be added some sort of a distraction like waifu dating and/or monster collecting, to break the monotonous gameplay. Fuck off.

JRPG is literally a genre for women. Women mainly play them because of how easy they are

Ryuji
Mine
Saejima vs Majima
Kuze fights in 0, Majima's final boss. Kiryu's final boss
Ishin's final boss

Japan gets pissy about everything
They get mad when you replace a voice actor even when the original va fucking dies. They get mad when a pop star (real or fake) gets caught kissing someone. You cant cater to them rationally

You're a huge faggot with shit taste, of course you're interested

i'm really mixed on this.
if the game is great, then i'll enjoy it, but i'll be upset of the old combat system is gone forever.

C'mon babe I told you about this. You can only insult me in bed.

wasn't this an april fool's joke?

Yeah, start with 0 and spoil Yakuza 4, great idea kid!

Ignore the people who are trying to destroy the experience for you, play the games in release order.

How does 0 spoil 4?

>Saejima vs Majima
>Kuze fights in 0, Majima's final boss. Kiryu's final boss
These were all so easy with near non-existent enemy AI though, how did you get an adrenaline rush from them?

It spoils Saejima being related to Majima I guess? You have to be mentally retarded to like these games anyway though and will probably just forget that detail by the time you get to 4

It was but now it's not

>It spoils Saejima being related to Majima I guess?

except they are sworn brothers, not related.

Like how Kazuma Kiryu and Akira Nishikiyama are sworn brothers

I was looking to buy a Yakuza game for the winter, I have finished Zero and Kiwami and I loved them. Which one do I pick, Kiwami 2 or 6?

3 was my first Yakuza so I'm biased but I don't understand the hatred 3 gets.

kiwami 2

>These were all so easy with near non-existent enemy AI though
Literally every fight in Yakuza is like this, except for Amon, who is mostly just cheap bullshit. Yakuza fights are all about presentation and the music. Which every one of those fights nails perfectly.

1 and 2 (PS2) had a decent amount of challenge to them.

It's because Yakuza isn't as popular and recognizable in the west as it is in Japan. It has a following for sure but game companies are always looking to pull in new audiences to expand their reach and if they were to call this Yakuza 7 in the west, it would be much harder to do that. The folks who are already invested would know but new audiences would see that 7 and shy away because they haven't played 1-6. Give it a brand new title and a brand new combat system and it makes it easier for unfamiliar westerners to see that they don't need any prior experience and can just hop right in and give it a try.

Apply yourself my man.

I can't, turn based games make me fall asleep before the fight even starts.

since you've already played chronologically, don't stop. Get Kiwami 2, and follow the sequels whenever the remasters releases

The problem is, if they make a "Y" 8 with Ichiban with a dragon engine or like a beat em up you will need to know the events of 7 and that's afucking rpg something many refuse to play because they got into Yakuza for beat em up gameplay and not rpg.
This game should never be a main game either, which they have been hyping for like 2 years. it should have been a spin-off with the old cast and go crazy with that and then see the reaction of the fans to that genre

twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/1166942120847925248?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1166942120847925248&ref_url=https://kotaku.com/ajax/inset/iframe?id=twitter-1166942120847925248&autosize=1

if you guys dont like the genre shift and it bombs, dont worry about it too much

Maybe. That kind of thinking really jumps the gun, there could easily be some kind of intro that summarizes everything, or they make a new story that's completely disconnected from 7, but stars Ichiban.

>that long ass url
Pretty sad taht they're already conceding that they'll change it if people don't like it. They should have some confidence in their design

You know what they will do later... a Yakuza 7 Kiwami..

predicting that the Yakuza boss that shoot Ichiban is in fact a good guy and had a plan all along

youtube.com/watch?v=g3jCAyPai2Y
thread theme?

>don't worry about it
What if this garbage doesn't bomb and they make more of it then? You didn't think about this one huh.

How is Yakuza Kiwami 2? I finished 0 & Kiwami recently, and will probably get the hd collection if it will ever be released on pc.
Kiwami was alright overall but playing it back to back with 0 was probably a mistake. I heard that the engine for K2,6 and Judgement is quite wonky but that K2 was more interesting than Kiwami

yeah cause it was a pre rendered cutscene

>What if this change is good and people like it
Gee boss what a tragedy that'd be

Fairly negative, you can translate comments on the youtube channels if you want

what the fuck is this post

fun is unironically a buzzword

>haha it sold well so its good thats how it work right?
Truly a npc normalfag way of thinking you have.

Attached: e7a.jpg (1916x945, 238K)

its not like 0 or kiwami in terms of gameplay is like 6
but the gameplay is improved from 6 and you can actually store weapons from battles
and story is great

>haha anytime people's purchasing trends don't line up with mine it means they're all mindless consumerist zombies, that's how it works right?
Truly a npc normalfag way of thinking you have.

>it sold well so it have to be good right? if you hate it you are the one in the wrong
bro...fortnite...is the best thing ever....

Attached: 1567060430073.png (217x266, 101K)

i liked it, but the new side activities like the golf, bouncer and clan creator stuff was horrible.

Attached: 20190528214328_1.jpg (1920x1080, 459K)

I'm trying to get into Yakuza right now by starting with 0, but I'm a fucking autist who has to do every side story or else I feel like my character will be too weak.

Yeah but how is 6 gameplay, I didn't play it yet. I'll wait for sales before picking it up on pc, it's a bit tiring doing those game one after another
substories are fun to do for the most part, though I didn't find them all. Avoid trying to 100% everysingle activities, I mainly focused on dancing, karaoke, circuit and bowling, everything else really didn't appealed to me

>I didnt buy it so it has to be shit, right? if you like it you are the one in the wrong

and?

no style changes like in 0
you have instead normal fighting moves and then heat mode which upons up a new moveset
also it is quite wonky when you getting use to it
your character can stall at times and it feels weird

slurp
slurp
slurp
mmm still not sure if this is shit, even though it's brown and coming out of your butthole

>hours later, still no argument

lmao

>Implying I read your comment hours ago
Have sex

>coping from losing the debate

Dilate

There was no debate to be had, you will continue to be a corporate zombie incel, and I shall continue to laugh at you for being an incel.

And I'll just start calling you a TORtanic tranny.

>There was no debate to be had

Not with you, you're right. That was too easy for me to win.

no, the problem is that it's turn based.

>Looks like I win another debate!
Whatever helps you sleep at night, incel.

What helps me sleep at night is the promising future of the Yakuza series and how btfo trannies like you are over it :^)

So....so it wasn't an out of season April fools joke...?

Attached: sweating frog.png (241x228, 96K)

>can't get combat right
>scrap it entirely

Attached: trash.jpg (984x571, 148K)

i don't see a problem here. the devs are basically saying "this is what we want to make right now, and if you guys don't end up liking it, we can always go back to the old gameplay for the next game."
if this was a western dev, they'd be saying "this is what the series will be like from now on, so shut the fuck up and buy it, you entitled manbaby."
this is a big-balls risk they're taking with the series, but they're doing it in a respectful way instead of shitting on the fans.

Attached: consider.png (600x451, 205K)

If the story is interesting, I will buy it.

Attached: 1567102965574.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>Yokoyama

It will be shit.
I'll wait for Judgment 2.

It's an incredibly stupid decision. If anything, Judgment should've been the game they tested this format with.

I guess that's the end of the god tier combat, then. 7 might be the first Yakuza game I don't buy. Everyone post examples of the god tier Yakuza combat that the idiots at sega have dropped to make way for Personashit.

Attached: 1559395522434.webm (640x360, 2.53M)

I see where you are coming from but why call a game that radically shakes up the gameplay and changes the MC, Yakuza 7?

Why not make it a spinoff like Dead Souls, Judgement, etc...

neck yourself autist

you made this post in another thread

same poster
same webms

i agree, i don't think it should have been a numbered title, but it is what it is.

because you're evolving the series but feel you have the same central themes and ideas
A game that deeply examines the life of a yakuza member who has to deal with everyday affairs as well as the world of organized crime shouldnt need to be restricted to just one guy and just one city

I understand but Kazuma is basically the face of the series at this point.

It's like having a MGS game but with no Solid Snake (or someone that looks exactly like him)

so MGS2 then?

>so MGS2 then?

Snake was still in that game, just as a NPC for most of the game

>you will need to know the events of 7
not an issue since there's always summaries for past plots

In fairness some attempts were made to move away from Kiryu already, Yakuza 4's Japanese subtitle was Successor to the Dragon IIRC. The only thing odd was to make Ichiban similar to Kiryu in some aspects like his background and yet the complete opposite, still looking forward to see what they do with him.

so 7 will be fine as long as Kiryu is there as an NPC

Also Ichiban's outfit has the reverse colour scheme of Kiryu's. Poetry.

What's the best way to play the yakuza series?

2 had more issues than "why am I not Snake" but this isn't a MGS thread

Ichiban wont give me stuff like this but i trust we'll get new wacky shit in exchange

Attached: 1554750838130.png (1018x807, 656K)

i do something to piss him off to initiate a brawl
i just sit there, looking at his idle animation.
then i remember that i have to select an action before the handsome waiter will do anything.
i select punch.
mophead throws a punch and it misses
now both characters are in an idle animation
"ENEMIES TURN" the screen flashes in huge red letters.
the handsome waiter offers me a towel
>game over
>retry?

this game is gonna be so hype bros

>tanimura
>weak
Yep. Colliseum with him and the yacht fight took forever.

subbed trailer

youtu.be/6wHKysg4UWE

turn-based

Well, what other beat 'em ups are as good as Yakuza, shitlord?
I want to play them

god hand

Well everybody thinks he's dead. Maybe he'll just roll with that and assume a new identity. Could be a cab driver, could be japanese batman.

Thing is this hopefully won't even be in kamurocho.

God Hand, Viewtiful Joe and Fight'n'Rage
and if you want stylish action in general, there's DMC, Ninja Gaiden and Bayo

HAVE YOU GUYS EVEN WATCHED THE TRAILER!? IT'S TURN BASED BECAUSE IT'S AND I QUOTE "IS JUST LIKE DRAGON QUEST".

>Yeah boys, looks like Yakuza kino is back on the menu.
Why cringe faggots write like this?

cringe

why