Don’t mind me, I’m just posting the greatest game of the current decade

Don’t mind me, I’m just posting the greatest game of the current decade.

Attached: BA687577-1540-41D3-8DC2-D7D906CF197C.jpg (639x361, 54K)

I agree.

As someone who has never played this game, can someone tell me what the appeal is?

You build factories

Are you sure about that OP?

Attached: starsector-logo.jpg (560x315, 25K)

for once OP was not a faggot

it has depth

Crack

>make a colony then stop playing because there's nothing more to do: the game

I'm pretty sure he's sure

>make a train and stop playing because there's nothing more to do, the game

Incredibly satisfying gameplay loop where working on one problem leads to you noticing 10 more.
Need more steel - need more iron - need more coal - need to build trains - fuck it, i`m automating rail production - ect.

not him but you can say the same about factorio

>Incredibly satisfying gameplay loop
I usually quit the game when I discover I have to build another fucking train station or furnace line
it's so fucking tedious

At that point you better have construction network setup and plop down the blueprint.

I'm glad this game has helped so many deal with autism, but I'd honestly rather own real factories full of Chinese slaves making my phones rather than play this.

>make blueprint of previous line
>put down blueprint
>let bots build it
I really hope you aren't manually building shit at that point

Pc indie garbage

Factorio literally has an infinite gameplay loop and new problems show up forever as you keep going. You guys are retarded. Not even taking into account the much more numerous mods that aren't just epic snowflake factions.

Maybe i just didn't set up a dense enough defense network but around the point when i reached 10 mining expansions expanding further and cleaning out the invading biter nests become very tedious, thats about the only thing i didn't like. There should be a possibility to create automated nuclear biter holocaus.

meh. I wish there were branches in the tech tree so you don't always plan the same factory at each play. Also buildings not having 4 direction choices for input-output leads to ugly shit.

Just use artillery dummy.

disable base expansion?

There are plenty of opportunities like that. Personally I turn on peaceful and high enemy spawns so that I only have to fight when I want to expand, but then I have to attack a whole ton.

how does that have to do with the argument presented? you complain about the game being able to achieve automation and like a game that does the same? also factorio doesn't have financial gameplay

>Can't build a factory of robot waifus
Dropped

My only issue with factorio is what the fuck to do with all this goddamn oil.

Also automating the high end science packs is suffering.

Any game has an "infinite gameplay loop" if you fucking keep playing it forever.

Attached: attempt.png (480x480, 29K)

There is no automation is starsector, what the fuck are you on about?
You make a colony and get infinite money, you build a paragon. That's it, you have nothing left to do, there is no challenge left.

Agree. Until dwarf fortress steam comes out. Want to go back to it in co op but my friend wants to wait until 0.18 for new features even though we didn't got to launch the rocket

>I don't know what I'm talking about and I feel smug about it

Has there been any talk about raising the price anytime soon? I was following an early access game and it suddenly shot up $20 and had $10 DLC campaign as well.

You make more plastic, duh.

BUT NOW I'VE GOT ALL THIS HEAVY OIL BACKED UP AND ALL THE REFINERIES JUST STOP COMPLETELY

Attached: 244ffeeaa7006f74b1bb3c424ee30aee.jpg (400x400, 243K)

>$10 DLC
Excuse me? It went from $20 to $30, there's no DLC for it. Where did hear anything about DLC that doesn't exist?

>DUDE this game is like SOOOOOOOOO perfect for introverted bipolar depressed abuse victims with OCD like me

Attached: 1554519252625.jpg (647x740, 44K)

>not cracking to light then solid and rocket fuel
Shit boi - do you not want your trains to go FAAAST

>Factorio literally has an infinite gameplay loop
With a endgoal of building a rocket, making said loop be finite.
Its amazing

Make solid fuel and feed it everywhere you need to burn coal. Just use a splitter als filter to prioritize solid fuel.

Just add more tanks to store the waste heavy oil until you have a use for it. You can place those tanks far if you don't want them taking important space.

Just crack it into light, then into petroleum. Dummy.

JUST LET ME DUMP EXCESS INTO THE OCEAN LIKE IN REAL LIFE

Launching a rocket isn't the end of the game. You can't research some tech before you do. And research is infinite. The loop is infinite.

I think there is a mod to burn excess fluids.

Nah, it was a different early access title named "The Hunt" or something that was a zombie western that skyrocketed from $20 > $40 and has a DLC for $10 now. I know Factorio has gone up once in the past from about $20 or $25 to the current $30 price due to their G2A article, and I was merely curious if they have any public plans to increase the price again in the near future, since I've been on the fence since I gave it a good pirate and demo play through.

t. Todd Howard
you can play the radiant quest system literally forever!

Price might increase when 1.0 comes out if they add enough content to justify it.

Perfectionism

Does steam dort have any new features?