Life is Strange

It's not a bad game (besides some of the dialog), you just hate anything that has to do with story and is different than your bing bing wahoo, first person shooter or dmc.

Attached: life-is-strangejpg-8e90dd_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YaVE4WVlsDQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The quality of threads on Yea Forums has really dropped over the years huh?

I've played plenty of visual novels and most of my top 50 games would be story based games. Life is Strange is fucking TERRIBLE with a swathe of shit characters in a poorly thought out Twin Peaks inspired setting. They were clearly writing as they went along with no end goal in mind considering the fact that it just ends with a random, unexplained tornado with the game never touching on why you even have powers.

At least this sparks something different than
"this character is in smash" or "guys i have the new smash leaks" or the WoW vs FF bullshit

You aren't supposed to know why you have powers.
And I dare say Chloe is one of the best written characters in a game, EVEN if for some people she insufferable, she actually has depth.

I'll admit Victoria or someone like Max is pretty shallow though.

this

story games can be good if the story is good, this game is trash

I genuinely want people to respond to this so I can debate about the game being good or bad. Is anyone on Yea Forums willing to?

Should be more interesting than the usual trash that fills Yea Forums.

Some stuff anout Life is Strange was nice, like you probably won't save Kate if you do not care enough about her to look around her room.

The story went places though, and the ending got so fucking rushed it isn't even funny.

This game would be a thousand times better without Chloe

That's the sad part. It was strong the first four episodes, but the last one just fell flat.

I think the game is ABOUT exploration though, those who don't explore miss a lot of content, not necessary content, but helps a lot.

I mean a big part of the “gameplay” is looking at objects wherever you are. Otherwise the whole game is actually pretty short when you get down to it.

walking simulator, but with a bad plot
atleast walking dead 1 has some plot

now get out

Attached: call.png (606x347, 394K)

>besides the dialogue
>the game is all dialogue

Fucking unbased and shitpilled

games are dead so oldfags have moved on to other things. I've been dabbling in anime and novels.

No, I hate LIS because the last episode fucking ruined the story, which I genuinely liked and was invested in.
They shouldn't have ever done that retarded tornado storm shit and it should've focused on the smaller shit like the mystery with the teacher and Rachel.

I don't have a problem with narrative-driven games, but LiS is just shit, and even in games like that I like for the gameplay to be at least a bit interesting which it isn't in LiS. That doesn't mean LiS is bad because it doesn't have DMC combat, the idea of having time control powers in a game like this is fine, but all LiS uses it for is forgettable puzzles and letting you see every potential outcome of a choice, the latter of which could be interesting but is too shallow to be and so it offers nothing other than letting you avoid a replay if you want to see multiple outcomes.

I should hate everything about this game, but I love it for some reason.
Also best girl coming through

Attached: CA9B6192-0DFA-462F-86B6-7EF598D10347.jpg (894x894, 105K)

This, if you want a narrative-driven game play NITW, Life is Strange is just bad.

LiS is a bad game, I hate the characters, and the writing, maybe is an age thing, but, I never met anyone who acted like that during highschool, also, teenager girl with time travel, and she is not abusing her powers, very unrealistic, even for a fictional game.
I also never met anyone in high school who listened to those emo songs, even the fucking emos didn't listen to shit like that.

>Max
>Has time powers
>Doesn't have lesbian sex with Chloe every day and then rewind so she doesn't remember
That's how I knew the game was shit.

I liked the concept. It has a unique visual style and some good ideas early on.

Chloe ruined it though. That character has no redeeming features. She has no depth, unless if having BPD is depth. I can't believe anybody would want to save her. Everything she does sucks.

The only good part was the nightmare sequence where Max's inner self fucking roasts her

It's not as bad as the "sequel".

Ok. The gameplay is spoonfed. Explore a little bit, do something, try and error, go back in time. The argument is very targeted to teens. The game tells you that the choices are important (pic related) when it is actually the biggest lie in the game, this is a game about taking decisions, when the decisions you take don't matter at all because they change nothing, the ending will always be choose A or B.
There is only one part of the game where the choice you make is important, in order to save one character, but that is meaningless compared with the rest of the playable hours

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

>the "gameplay" is trash
>the dialogue is subpar at best and pure cringe at worst
>characters overall aren't that bad, but the ones that are bad are really, REALLY bad
>the story is literally Butterfly Effect
What's the fucking redeeming factor then?

It would've been ten times better without shoehorned yurifaggotry

>game

No one hates LiS here. It's proven /v-core

Love this game user, soundtrack is also really good. Did you go bae or bay? I'm reading the comics now and working my way through Life is Strange 2

it's absolute fucking cancer and you are either a beta soi guzzling low iq fagbag or an actual tranny. there are no ifs and buts. so what are you a fag or a tranny?

>ugh, why can't every thread be about smash?

Attached: 1539418098271.jpg (378x378, 31K)

Indeed I do hate games with no gameplay.

thread theme
youtu.be/YaVE4WVlsDQ

Also this game is great and Chloe is great. This is coming from somebody who has played most of the Telltale games (The Walking Dead, Wolf Among us etc.)

Yea Forums is just made this isn't another smash roster fake leak thread.

Lesbian Netflix shit movie

Are you 14 or 15?

Best girl, it's a shame they couldn't get her VA back for the prequel.

Attached: d72f88f656db292edace9f321b967f2f.jpg (236x344, 17K)

It was certainly a really awesome experience being in the threads when each episode came out and the game was on its high point. The mystery was an awesome hook and Max and Chloe were easy to waifu. Also, the music was fucking a great hipster soundtrack for a hipster game. It was some of the comfiest times of my life playing Life is Strange and being on Yea Forums.

Attached: android-18-gif-11.gif (540x415, 1.02M)