Attached: 098799865.png (960x960, 309K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yhiWS5rbgpY?t=320
youtube.com/watch?v=SyzhQUlFa4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=nyDD2Epf9kw
youtube.com/watch?v=wfMkOqLPUNg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's only useless in Dream Drop Distance

There's plenty of uses for Ultima in the post game. It's by far the best all rounder keyblade for all the super bosses.

Why is Nomura such a fucking edgelord?

How? You got the organization fights, Sephiroth, and Xemnas to use it on.

Even when you have winners proof or decisive pumpkin?

No.
Ultima is useful in paradox cup for mana haatega and as a sub keyblade in drives for its stats.

The issue here isnt that Ultima is strong but how broken DP and other boost keyblades are.

>Useless
>MP Hastega
>in a game with Reflect
user come on

There are better keyblades for those fights

depends on your playstyle and skill level. mp hastega is pretty good if you spam the fuck out of magic or suck ass at the game and rely on Curaga too much

Isn't decisive pumpkin better because of the ability? even if it loses a bit of base damage

You have plenty of mp potions though. They are easy to buy and you can make the upgraded version of marluxias necklace to replace the keyblade and use the other better keyblades.

>Sephiroth
If you haven't fought KH2 Sephiroth by the time you have Ultima, you might as well not bother. You will steamroll him.

Yes. Raw stats are pretty fucking meaningless in this game thanks to scaling and thank god for that.

The Darklit Planets were fun to use but considering how the game has you beating the ultimate secret boss in order to get the last one, there’s not much use for them beyond that.

Attached: Darklit Planets.png (512x768, 33K)

That's why I said all rounder. DP only REALLY matters for speedrunns and if your good at optimizing your combos, whereas MP Hasteaga and high magic makes it great for the average player.

tfw I couldn't beat Sephiroth at all until I saw a video of some guy just basically spamming Reflect on his ass

That move was a mistake

Also unrelated but i don't understand zexion fight. Limit and reflect are way too OP but i've been having fair fights with the data org like not fire spamming demyx.
How does one beat Zexion fairly without OP spam?

Attached: Lingering_Will.png (600x594, 213K)

Reflect will kill you more often than not if you spam it due to its big ass finisher. Only in crit tho.

the game in general is too easy outside of crit anyways

Zexion and Vexen are not well designed fights, they are grindy in a way its hard and takes time to do damage to them and one mistake will get you killed.

Zexion isnt thar scary in book world once you get used to him though.

Yeah, thats why there is no point in playing anything else than crit level 1.

You'd already be at least level 55 and beat Xemnas by the time you get this shit it felt so utterly useless to obtain

Beating xemnas is like 75% of the game

The only ones i've got left are Vexen, Xigbar, Xaldin and Zexion. Larxene was a bitch but i sort of understand the fight.

Post best and worst data fight

Attached: XIII.png (2000x1176, 1.59M)

Attached: MM3D_Fierce_Deity's_Mask_Render.png (800x789, 463K)

The game is over by the time you get it.

I didn't bother with them. Postgame is meaningless, the story is over, beating them doesn't progress anything.

Fuck KH2FM was such a good game. It's a boss rushers dream game, and theres so many ways to play it almost never gets old

KH3 was one of my biggest disappointments of the decade

Attached: dbrandt-sbrandt-nregalia.jpg (1010x1510, 243K)

>He doesn't know the glitch

>best
Roxas
>worst
Vexen, especially if it's 2.5

Do these dudes count? They're fucking awsome, but you only gain access to their class in the last stage in the game

Attached: best imperial.jpg (960x736, 353K)

Doesn't one of the FF games, either 8, 9, or 10, have a super secret weapon that you can't get if you open up some random early game chest or something?

The design of that thing is dogshit

That's XII.
And only in the vanilla version.

The progression is KH games is so shit. By the time you get anything cool or useful the game is over and you can’t even use them

Attached: file.png (1024x576, 883K)

I wouldn't say so, because there's still a ton of post game shit to go through afterwards. If you're talking about just story mode then I could understand but at that point you do still have the whole 5th stratum and the journey through all the past four strata extra floors to use them.

It makes zero sense for this keyblade to be harder to unlock than Ultima Weapon AND Unbound in 3D

Attached: 557px-End_of_Pain_KH3D.png (557x600, 164K)

>always knew Decisive Pumpkin was better
>still use Ultima because the hit effects and sounds are so goddamn satisfying

Attached: 1542099420653.png (500x375, 248K)

Most of the handheld games have really weak post game content. 1 and 2 really only had worthwhile content for end game. Hell 3 was super lacking as well with how much effort it takes to get Ultima in there. It looks rad but theres like 1 super boss and its super forgettable

Dragonite or tyranitar

I'm gonna have to agree with OP on this one
KH2 Ultima Weapon is not that good for post game if you know what you are doing
MP Hastega sounds nice, but it's more likely you would use a lot of magic and then just use an ether to get more magic uses in, making it the MP recharge a non problem
While it also has all around nice stats and good reach, and it looks cool as fuck when you use it, when you hit level 99 you stats really don't matter anymore, Deceive Pumpkin will do more damage than Ultima thanks to Combo Boost, most of your combos are on the ground anyway, and it helps i you know when bosses with try and retaliate to dodge or Reflect and keep up the ground combos, so its just better in the damage department in general

>Best
Roxas and Xemnas
>Wost
Vexen

Thank god Nexus just gives you everything from the start.
Hero/Imperial was such a goddamn monster holy shit.

Not in the Final Mixes.

>What is Cave of Remembrance
>What is Data Org
>What is Lingering Will

not him, but what is not using it against the final boss?

theres no reason for the postgame.

1 and 2 had extremely weak endgames in vanilla. Both of them only had one real superboss each (Phantom in KH1 and Sephiroth in KH2) before stuff got added for later releases. KH3 will get a better endgame too, and without having to buy an entire full price physical release over again.

What.

you need to basically complete every single thing to do in the game to get the freaking thing, and im pretty sure you need to finish the game at least once. thats what i meant.

i get a final weapon should be secret but not THAT secret.

Getting Ultima is painfully easy and doesnt require anything from post game.

People always forget about Hunter X in KH2 it seems

You aren't supposed to use an overpowered postgame weapon for the final main story boss, dumbass. Do you not understand basic progression of stats versus challenge in RPGs?

KH3 has like a dozen superbosses in that case.

KH3 was not disappointing. I find it so refreshing to have a proper game KH2-tier wise after all this shit we got. You can play KH3 in infinite ways just like KH2. But this time you have actual variety and can main a few keyblades you like.

I am proud of 5:20
youtu.be/yhiWS5rbgpY?t=320

last time i checked, you only needed to do some degree of grinding and secret hunting to get the final weapons in many FFs, and you could do all the requirements BEFORE the final boss. not having to get 100% the game.

really theres no point to make post game items if you arent gonna enjoy them to their fullest as you would be using them for a couple of fights that have nothing to do with the story.

But it's fun

>i only beat games for the story
shut the fuck up nigger you don't like games

Keyblades are basically axes right?

still the best for FTA in the DS version with darklit+SOS setup

no, they are magical swords

>Useless weapon

More like useless game amirite

they are supposed to be swords but are really just metal rods with weird designs and other pointless features

pointless features such as ?

Get that lon lon milk in u and have fun

just look at these things tell me how every single feature on them has a purpose

Attached: 8234892739847.png (500x316, 63K)

their purpose is to evoke themes of the subject that the keyblade is based on

I always found it retarded how thy use the flat side of the keyblades instead of the sides with the teeth of the key

>just make them all bland !
sure glad you aren't in charge of shit.tired of you fucking minimalists

they cut magically, there's no need to hold it that way

no wonder Decisive Pumpkin is so good
The blade part is literally a snake, and reptiles are fucking badass
That keyblade has max Reptile stats

Attached: Decisive Pumpkin.png (750x650, 135K)

There is no reason to use anything but the DP on Data fights. Ultima is far too weak compared to DP which can deal chunks of health in short combos.

Anyone who seeks out overpowered weapons or grinds for the final boss is an idiot anyway because that will almost always make the final boss easy. Furthermore, Kingdom Hearts superbosses are usually story related.

Most Keyblades have no sharp edges, and you hit with the backside of the key, not with the actual key teeth. They're neither swords or axes, they're simply blunt metal rods with magical properties.

>An entire lengthy cave with hordes of extremely powerful enemies
>14 super bosses that require true mastery of the games mechanics
>"a couple"

>best weapon drops from beating the hardest boss in the game

Why do games do this? Literally what is the point? There's fucking nothing left to use it on.

I beat him with Circle of Life once. That was pretty neat.

No, that's XII. But IX has the best sword in the game gated off if you don't finish in under 12 hours.

What the heck are you talking about? Ultima Weapon is easy to get in KH2.

Ragnarok is just as good as Excalibur I

Is Ultima any good in KH1FM? I checked the retirements and it seems not worth it

its pretty broken

In kh1 you actually do have nothing to use it on. Completed the journal recently and only used it on Xemnas and Sephiroth after hours of grinding materials.
Ice titan is just cure/block spam, Phantom is ether spam which they both can be done easily.
Kurt Zisa is great but designed to be taken out pretty much straight after beating ansem so

TLDR: Not worth it

Best: Tie between Roxas and Luxord, I never knew how Luxord's fight worked and just mashed X before fighting his data version, but now I enjoy his fight alot

Worst: The book nigger

>tfw it just dawned on me that when sora gets a new keyblade he just gets a keychain to clip onto his already existing keyblade which then changes to match instead of obtaining an entire new keyblade

I’m fucking dumb

Attached: EEEADBA0-C8D0-4089-9FD7-D72767D6D78B.jpg (957x957, 72K)

it isnt an entirely knew keyblade?
what the fuck

Yeah you get a Keychain, which changes the look of the base Keyblade.

Attached: comic597.png (650x724, 181K)

MP Haste though.

I always thought the energy of each world came together to form an entirely knew keyblade

>he thinks KH3 is KH2-tier

lmfao even if you mean vanilla you're a cuck and you're wrong as fuck. KH3 is dogshit cope, etc, get the fuck outta here

youtube.com/watch?v=SyzhQUlFa4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=nyDD2Epf9kw
youtube.com/watch?v=wfMkOqLPUNg

Yes to the first part, no to the second.

The items you equip are literally called Keychains. How did you miss that for so long?
Hell, how did you miss KH1's insistent (and wrong) plotpoint about how there's only one Keyblade?

I fucking hated that it was keychains and that plotpoint, I always thought you just got keychains as mementos and never knew you they became new weapons. Little 10 year old me wound up playing through the game with kingdom key until Halloween town.

pretty sure the only time keychains were even mentioned was the the description of the Kingdom Key in the first game

How ironic that in KH3 the Kingdom Key is so good

The ultimate weapon in Dark Cloud. Not only can you only get it in the western version, you don’t get it until you clear the main story and then the 100 floor optional dungeon and super boss. What the fuck do you use it for after all of that?

Attached: 6EBA933B-A03D-46D9-B19A-CA1A229266E6.jpg (907x778, 72K)

Items are way more efficient to use scrub.

Here guys i present you the Island King, the worst designed weapon on videogame story.

Attached: Island_King.png (414x325, 62K)

KH3 is so bad

FUCK THAT PIECE OF SHIT. Being a kid and trying to get every sword blind, kept getting this disgusting sword instead.

It’s actually worse than bad, it’s forgettable. You know those stupid “2019...I am forgotten” posts? It’s like that but unironic

In 2010, something worse was created.

Attached: fyfppOm.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

people literally held off killing themselves for an entire console generation and then some for a game that was forgotten a month after release

wrong

Attached: Wishing_Star_KH.png (533x600, 100K)

One thing I really liked in 3 is that Sora is hard confirmed to use all those different keychains he gets and not just the stock Kingdom Key.

Dragalia Lost has some horrendous shit.

Attached: 304053_01_30401.png (160x160, 27K)

imagine this piece of shit in the Sora vs Roxas cutscene in KH2

>That's the only tier 9 weapon for Monica's swords
>When tier 8 has Chronicle 2, Atlamilla Sword, Dark Cloud, etc.

What the fuck were they thinking? Does Ni no Kuni 2 have nice-looking swords btw?

Decisive Pumpkin and Hero's Crest are the best keyblades in the game, but I still like Ultima Weapon for its huge reach, hitbox and magic regen. I always favor magic oriented characters though.

Cant really judge kh3 without DLC, base kh2 was shit

Phantom was the easiest of the super bosses in 1. 1 had phantom, kurt ziza, sephiroth, and ice titan

What's so good about hero's crest? The stats are shit.

The early game ones are generic, but the mid-game ones to late-game are pretty cool.

Attached: Ni-no-Kuni-II-Revenant-Kingdom_2019_03-12-19_024.jpg (600x403, 47K)

Hero's Crest is just an aerial version of Decisive Pumpkin. The difference is, you get DP pretty late in the game while you get HC pretty much at the beginning of the game. So HC will carry you for the majority of the game, or even all of the game if aerial combat is more your style. DP is generally most people's choice though because more often than not most people just stick to ground combat.

Glad to hear this, thanks user.

i think level-5 wanted a joke weapon as t he ultmate, but it didnt work well.

i would've taken any of the rogue galaxy swords over the IK.

In comparison, here are the tier 8 swords Monica can use.

Attached: Monica tier 8 swords.jpg (3512x382, 352K)

The DLC weapons of Ni No Kuni 2 are fucking great and the towns/dungeons are super creative, the game is NOT a good game, so be careful with getting it for more than 15$.

Ni No Kuni 2 it's visuals > gameplay type of game.

Attached: Ni_no_Kuni™_II_Revenant_Kingdom_20190223094427.jpg (1920x1080, 341K)

Well because those swords aren't meant to be joke weapons like the island king is.

Also DC2 had very few new swords, i think from your pic the only new ones are the muramasa and the griffon fork.

>played kh1 as a kid
>completely enamored
>upset I couldn't get into the handelds
>already a bit lost during kh2
>now no idea what the fuck is going on with the lore
>completely lost interest in the game

:/

Hmm, the cheapest i can find is around 25€. Is it that bad? I can usually stomach bad gameplay.

I would wait until it's 19$.

Did anyone like this gun? Seems like all the other pistols are preferred.

Attached: Matilda.jpg (1059x511, 127K)

I actually like that in KH2 they attempted to make all the keyblades usable. The problem is they completely failed at it because obviously the keyblades that just boost your damage in the most common scenarios are going to be the go-tos.

blacktail is just better sadly

Huh, checked again and one of the stores nearby actually has it at 16€, might go and grab it tomorrow. Is the DLC worth it or nah?

Yup

MY BROTHER. I thought I was the only one who felt utter supreme disappointment after finally getting all the way through and being so hype to get the "greatest" weapon and then LOL LEAF+FAN SO RANDUM. I don't think I've ever gone from Hype to WTF in quite that manner. Like if it was a joke side weapon sure whatever, but it felt like the devs were laughing at the players
>haha dumbass what kind of autist would actually go for the top tier weapon hoho

Attached: 1379133073349.png (206x237, 4K)

It's fun to use but a waste of space and ammo.

I used to be a Red9 guy but after learning that the parasites are pre-determined before you even shoot them, I usually always go with the handgun now for that sweet 50% crit rate.

The blacktail is easily the worst one because it relies on the assumption that you're going to spam a bunch of bullets on the enemy, which you shouldn't be.

I would argue that blacktail is better than Punisher.

Perfect, thanks a lot user.

I had the same reaction too, also it was new from DC2 so i didnt know what it was when i was a kid.

I expected some cool looking sword and i got...this.

I would argue that the TMP is better than every handgun.

I think in KH1 it mentions that you're equipping new keychains elsewhere, but Ik they never mention it in any of the other games.

Stats are irrelevant in kh2.

I mean you could get demonbrandt in 1-1 by killing ostrava. All the souls games have issues with cool weapons being late like boss soul weapons etc.

it's a blink and you'll miss it, however each "keyblade" is explicitly referred to as a keychain

If you enjoy any of the designs there or Kingdom Hearts in general and are over the age of 14 then you have autism.

Retard here, I always use Rumbling Rose for Finishing Plus. Am I doing it wrong?

Most keyblades that give noticeable combat benefits are fine to use

Yes

>let's reward your hard work for the entire game with the strongest character
>can only be used for one stage
>game is already fucking easy

at least NG+ doesn't force you to do the the requirements again

Attached: Liber Legis.jpg (480x269, 25K)

Attached: WyrmheroBlade-ffxii.png (350x349, 41K)

This might be the most retarded post I've seen today.

Well he's supposed to be a fun easter egg.
Too bad LL's design is fucking great and Master Therion is voiced by Midorikawa so it makes you want to use him for longer.

Literally why do you even play video games?

The idea is that they are usually blunt, but they have a magical edge that cuts you magically, so basically G-rated lightsabers.

Attached: Dragon-Quest-XI-Supreme-Sword-of-Light-3.jpg (3840x2160, 1.41M)

It's weird how Sephiroth used to be so fucking tough for me back when I first played. I died to him over and over before I finally won. Nowadays, though, it feels like he's moving in slow motion.

That said, I still can't legitimately beat Lingering Will.

It’s kino

Tfw never beat sephiroth

He was much easier in 2 than he was in the original. Go kick his ass.

Even original Sephiroth, you can just cheese him with Elixirs. Especially in Final Mix if you have the skill that makes you invulnerable while healing.

Did you ever played vanilla 2? Only bad thing about kh3 are
>damage scaling fucked because nomura wanted muh 1000 heartless everytime
>pacing is stupid
>death scene doesn‘t make sense
Everything else is much better than kh2. It‘s not as kino as 1, but it‘s close

Every super missile combo in Prime 2

wtf were they thinking

So wait I don't get it, didn't Xehanort say the master of masters could create keyblades? so are keyblades just these ephemeral weapons that only change or acquire forms from key chains?

Why not have a game based on chainwallets

>has MP Hastaga
>useless
It's like you don't want be able to spam reflect for days.

You start

>MM3D model
disgusting

That one is an interesting example because it's outclassed by like 4 other weapons and one of them can be bought from a store like 20 hours prior to getting the material blades.

KH1 had the Phantom, Kurt Zisa, the Rock Titan, the Ice Titan, and Sephiroth.

>Trying to make sense of the story or lore post-KH2