Morrowind

Is it based?

Attached: Morrowind-cover.jpg (640x909, 111K)

Yes

Almost as good as oblivion

This

Oblivion > Morrowind > Daggerfall > Skyrim
Arena is terrible

>villain is right
>can't join him
nah

I wouldn't call it acidic

The Imperial legion wears skirts.
The dungmer worship a tranny.

It is the exact opposite of based.

Daggerfall>Morrowind>Oblivion>Skyrim

Only old timers and hipsters believe this.

not an argument
daggerfall has much better feedback in combat, more interesting character building, quests, and dungeons than morrowind where 80% of the "dungeons" are two rooms with a shrine

Plot: Morrowind > Oblivion > Skyrim
Setting: Morrowind > Skyrim > Oblivion
Quests: Oblivion > Morrowind > Skyrim
Gameplay: Oblivion > Skyrim > Morrowind
Mods: Skyrim > Oblivion > Morrowind

Morrowind > Daggerfall > Skyrim > Oblivion

Really wish Skywind would come out. I would rather have the same 5 voice actors than scroll through walls of text, and I'd rather look at beautiful faces than a face papier-mache'd onto a block.

Attached: 53716-2-1399208841.png (670x376, 186K)

Daggerfall=Morrowind>Oblivion>Skyrim

cant wait for my entire experience to be about picking between health, magicka, and stamina

Morrowind >

Shame it such a bug filled and shitty game.
> But it was ambitious for its time
So was the Titanic.

that's what df unity is for

I made a new character with conjuration but it seemed to me that the summoned monsters don't even attack?

>Is it based?
...no?

Attached: morrowind.webm (640x360, 1.8M)

>Using a weapon you're not skilled in
>Spamming attack instead of holding it
Never gonna make it

Every webm of combat the sword swings look like a slide show.
If you think having a third of the skills being useless is good design I suppose some could find that interesting. I don't really suppose that I am just being nice.
Aren't all the quests radient questing tier madlib style?

Daggerfags are insufferable liars who make Morrowindfags like me embarrassed to be associated with them.
You played it for 4 hours until getting bored after all the dungeons were the same shit over and over, just like the rest of us.
If you had played it as much as me, you'd know that it has a save corruption bug that renders the game unfinishable.
Even if that wasn't the case, the first few hours of a procgen game are when everything is new, so of course you'd come away with a positive impression. Your opinion is worthless unless you slogged through the rest of the game, only to have your progress deleted.

Lipstick on a pig user.

holding the attack only modifies the damage done upon a successful hit. it has no effect whatsoever on hit chance.

yep but you can tell by the damage that user is doing that it would have been better to hold it

. . .
. . . you could . . . back up your saves?

. . .

>beautiful faces

yeah dude nobody ever beat the main quest...

Attached: Morrowind-2002.png (1241x707, 50K)

I went back to a save 10 hours before, it corrupted even faster.
The game is broken.
Only speedrunners who noclipped through the dungeon walls and shit.

>game has a well known mechanic that you can't hit shit if you deplete your stamina
>depletes stamina first then try to hit a target with a weapon with no skill points invested
>"hahaha guys look at this old ass game where you can't hit shit stupid boomers amirite"
>goes back to playing Skyrim on easy with cheats

Attached: 1567078840243.jpg (522x589, 28K)

There is no stat called "stamina" in Morrowind. I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Attached: morrowindcombat.webm (640x360, 1.4M)

Based and redpilled, but also cringe because you can't side with dagoth-ur.

>fatigue
>stamina
Don't be pedantic, you know what he means.

Fuck

Attached: tenor (4).gif (498x280, 2.13M)

Well known?
That is not an apt descriptor of the mechanic.

It isn't? I think It's very well known, it's one of the first things you'll notice if you sprint around the game world with a starting character and try to wack your first scrib or mudcrab

yes but spamming the attack button depletes your stamina faster

Yes. It's the best game in one of the best series.

Yes, and that lack of damage was his problem. You'll notice that he hit the mudcrab 3 times with a weapon that does more than enough damage to 1-shot it. That's an example of dying because of playing bad, not just because of his intentionally awful stats.

The people that post here know about it sure.
The person who just started playing it not so much.
There is nothing to tie the stamina drain on the shitty combat. It makes no sense that something you can reasonably be expected to do ( go as fast as you can when traveling) is actively punished.

>There is nothing to tie the stamina drain on the shitty combat. It makes no sense that something you can reasonably be expected to do ( go as fast as you can when traveling) is actively punished
But that's part of muh 2smart4u grayt arpaygay writing element dialogue
Go back to playing Skyrim Todd.

Attached: 1566938104133.jpg (720x642, 40K)

I’ve been playing it on and off for years and only had my saves corrupted once. Where as my pc, ps3 and switch versions of Skyrim constantly crash due to the save bug they’ve refused to fix

Based as fuck, 10k hours played

I've played extensively with just the latest official release and the unofficial DaggerfallSetup quest patches. I was able to complete the main quest just fine. Gave the totem to Brisennia since I didn't want to betray my bro Uriel.
It was far from bug free, I had several instances where quests broke or the game crashed and falling through the floor/walls was a frequent occurrence, but my save never became unplayable. That's very unfortunate that it happened to you but it's not an inevitability like you claim.

You're right about the repetitiveness though. The feature sheet of Daggerfall looks mighty impressive on paper but then you play it and realize just how shallow and non-interactive most of it is. Besides world size Morrowind had so much more of everything that mattered and it's a stronger role-playing game for it.
But that doesn't mean Daggerfall is entirely without merit, it definitely does some things better than any other game in the series, and depending on what you're looking for in a game those could be enough to elevate it to your favorite legitimately even if you played it for the first time today. The advantage/disadvantage system used for character creation was a hell of a lot more interesting than birthsigns. A similar system was employed for enchanting, making it feel unique compared to the "spellmaker but for items" that the later games used which got further watered down each time. It did a really good job of making you feel small: days and weeks would fly by as you traveled the land, and this was reflected in systems like seasons, holidays, disease progression, daedric summoning dates, quest time limits, reputations being slowly forgotten, and after enough time it will even reroll the allies and enemies of most factions. Dungeons warrant preparation for and recovery from, and are so big and mazelike that you can literally get lost. At least until you learn the finite number of layouts used, but that takes a little more than 4 hours.

Attached: fall_22.png (640x480, 45K)

That is sad.

Never played it before, but I want to. Any tips on a mage build?

There are bunch of pre-built classes to choose from, just pick the one that seems the most interesting to you. Lots of people will tell you to make your own custom class and powerlevel, but that really isn't necessary

A spell that says "on touch" that means you gotta literally touch an enemy with you hands when casting. "On Target" is ranged.
Don't bother using fire spells on Dunmer. They have a 75% resistance to it. Most NPCs you fight are Dunmer and your starter spell is fire, so new players often do that and feel weak. They sell an equivalent frost spell at the Tradehouse in the starter village, and once you get to the spellmaker at the Mages Guild you can make cheaper ones that you'll use more often since the starter spells are a bit overkill for weaker enemies.

Morrowind has an enchant type called "cast on use" that lets items cast spells. Enchanting them yourself is expensive and difficult early on but there's a lot of nice enchanted items you can find hidden around the world or as rewards from quests. They're pretty convenient since they can have spells from any school, but how good you are at using them is only determined by your Enchant skill (which reduces the amount of charge consumed per cast the higher it is) rather than needing each magic school's skill. An arsenal of weaponized rings with varied effects can easily be enough to carry you through the game.

Finally, if you plan to play mainly as a mage then the biggest point of advice you should know from the start is to get some extra magicka. There are a few ways we can do this and the choice is yours:
Breton race (+50%)
High Elf race (+150%)
Mage Birthsign (+50%)
Apprentice Birthsign (+150%, downside is weakness to magic)
Atronach Birthsign (+200%, downside is you can't regen magicka by resting or fast traveling like normal, instead needing to rely on potions or absorbing incoming spells)
These bonuses stack additively, so a Breton with the Mage sign will get +100% magicka. That much is sufficient, and you will do just fine as any of the other races with no bonuses if you use the Apprentice or Atronach signs for them.