Yakuza games are PS exclusive

>Yakuza games are PS exclusive
>great fanbase, great threads, very adult conversations
>Yakuza 7 leaked to be a JRPG years ago with gameplay shown and all
>fans think it would be interesting to see where it goes with this new character essentially being its own series

>Yakuza goes to PC
>threads now shitposting and memes + PC users shitting on original fanbase
>Yakuza 7 officially shown off
>OHNONONO NOOOOOOOOOO BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY tier posting

We'll never go back. Fucking Sega's greed and fucking Sega of Europe's bad influence.

Attached: yareyare.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

What other series have PC children ruined? Souls is always the biggest example.

You act like is more than just a Yea Forumsreddit issue.

Eat shit weeb.

I respect the franchise and the fanbase. Zero is a great game.

I hate how all developers can think about is money. From Ps2 to Ps4 we've been keep Sega's lights on, then they decide they need more more more. Sony and sony fans revived the series by getting 5 localized after sega gave up on the series because they lost money on so many other shits, like sonic on nintendo.

the turnbased video was an april fools joke you moron

EDF too.

7 will filter all the secondaries out.

WAIT NEVERMIND IT IS TURNBASED WHAT THE FUCK?

this literally happened with dark souls as well. I blame australians

>Blaming PC players
>Not the actual shitposters - Sony falseflaggers
???????????

It's always the PC with you, so nygroes. Always.
You conveniently forgot "ugh, fucking pee-sea, fucking secondaries" and preemptively shitting up threads, crying about how everything is ruined now.

And Musou (just forget about 4 and onwards), amirite fellow sonybros?

Mad secondary leech.

Yakuza threads went to shit once 0 was out in the west

Attached: 1566077191621.jpg (650x715, 108K)

Yakuza are shitty movie games

If PC brings in the worst of the worst how come all threads about PC exclusive games (RTS, 4X, MOBAs and such) are some of the best threads on the board?

>naw it ain't us black pc users destroying everything we touch, it's da white sony gamers that oppressed us from dey exclusives so long

Ace Combat
>MUH HOTAS

>PC
>Blacks
Huh?
>Sony
>Whites
Huuuuuuuuh?

adults don't play videogames though

Because it's all pc gamers had since childhood, they feel a connection to it. They don't need to respect a 20 year old series they got into from the steam summer sale and type how they normally do on Yea Forums.

I don't believe you OP and I think you're just seething at the playstation losing a other exclusive

Attached: 547687564358654.jpg (1440x1440, 572K)

Retard

>It's PC players fault that Yakuza devs decided to give their $60 game turn-based gameplay that is less intricate than mobile gacha games

kiwami?

>edf exclusive for years
>threads are PC WHEN FUCK PISS4 and impossible to discuss
>goes to PC
>daily edf thread, remember to report shitposting :)
They actually want to take enjoyment from the game from us.

yea it's great

Nier, Tales of.

Nigger, it isn’t even that it’s an JRPG, it’s that it looks like a BAD JRPG. It looks like they just took what they had already made in Yakuza 6 and haphazardly slapped in a turn based system that looks slow and awkward.

You'll have to back that up son, because I've been playing Yakuza since 3 and I'm immensely disappointed in what I'm seeing in Ichiban's game.

Attached: 1_NDA1B65s4c5giHMy1bzBMQ.png (300x300, 157K)

rent free brand loyalists
rent free

Monster Hunter

It wasn’t leaked. There was “fake” gameplay officially revealed this year that showed turn based combat. But the catch is, it was supposed to be an “April fools joke.”
We got trolled.

Souls was ruined by Xbots as soon as DaS released. Things will never be as good as the DeS era again.

>ay yo nigguh lookat all dey games i juss stole from de whitey

Attached: Canhs0OUsAAV3Sa.jpg (1736x1945, 260K)

Attached: no brack prease.jpg (880x620, 43K)

i appreciate them trying so many new things, so i'l give it a shot.
finally having a game set outside kamurocho is nice too.
i'm worried regardless though, since it's such a dramatic shift in direction.

You said
>years ago
You fucking nigger. Everyone knows about april fools footage with the excavator.

Attached: 1567010353153.jpg (476x480, 112K)

Sega has some of the best RPG staff known to the industry, they just rarely get to do their own thing.

I think it goes more like this desu
>yakuza games get ported to PC
>"harumph, I never liked this shitty series much anyways!"
>assmad sony fagboys proceed to shit up the yakuza threads just because it isn't exclusive to their toy any more

>finally having a game set outside kamurocho is nice too
Yeah like it's like 2-3-5-0-6 don't exist

>m-muh brawler combat
it's dumb fun but let's not pretend like it's the most in-depth system in the world. After 9 games (I'm counting Judgment
+ Kenzan + Ishin), the combat was getting a bit stale, and the fact that Dragon Engine combat was really divisive probably helped them cement their decision.

After seeing what happens to franchises like fucking Pokemon where devs are so fucking afraid to innovate that removing content after 20 years is seen as a feature, I'm down to support RGG studios for trying something new.

The RPG combat doesn't even look bad, just could be a bit faster than what we saw in the April Fool's trailer.

Attached: e30.jpg (430x422, 47K)

>it's (insert console) fags fault
>not because of dev incompetency
>not because they haven't even exhausted their option in trying to fix the combat's issue and how same every enemy is

Why even count 6? Onomichi was empty and boring as shit. Putting it on the same level as 5's cities, or even 0's Sotenbori is a fucking crime.

Attached: d06.jpg (636x476, 34K)

What happened to his face

>depth
>turn based JRPG
You turn based faggots don't have any weight in criticizing Yakuza's combat when you have been consuming and defending garbage.

>turnbased combat
>good
Pick one

N

*sniff* m-muh adult conversations

Attached: 1567058541447.png (644x800, 43K)

Why are you in this thread nincel?

Show us where PC touched you, user.

Why does he look like an Asian Adam Driver?

Attached: Yakuza-7_2019_08-29-19_006.jpg (600x338, 32K)

>buying the same game 8 times

Shut the fuck up you giant pussy. Who gives a shit if it's not exclusive? You still get to play and will likely get to play even more because of this

lol

so is this a new city we're in or what?

Attached: super open.png (600x435, 30K)

>when i press button the man doesn't do the punchy thing anymore!
> i have to read to press button! me no like!

Attached: v.jpg (532x640, 45K)

Attached: please be bait.png (611x177, 15K)

>scrolling through a menu for half the game is actually like super cool!!1
>yakuza combat wasnt even good anyway so we should make it like even worse!1

Attached: numale.png (458x856, 217K)

>After seeing what happens to franchises like fucking Pokemon where devs are so fucking afraid to innovate
And when you try to innovate and it ultimately fails it gets you shunned, shitty sales, an alienated and angry fan base and a possible decrease in the interest of a franchise. Kind of a shitty predicament.

>it's yet another "Yea Forums goes on twitter to cherrypick posts made by SJWs and casual fags to prove a point"
i swear it's the same shit with you people all the time

Attached: dragon_djm.jpg (680x850, 130K)

pc mustards are zoomers from reddit who need constant flashy action all over the screen to keep from getting bored. if it's not like their fortnite games, they're not interested. that's why they seethe so much over turn-based combat.
people who actually appreciate games know that there's merit in both turn-based and action-based combat systems.

Attached: 6AF8C2BA-990A-45D8-A34F-A0EA8748995E.gif (540x304, 1.15M)

I think it's a neat idea. Most yakuza games eventually became "flail at the big health bar until you get your highest damage heat move" later on anyways. It could work as a jrpg.

story fags need to die.

Attached: 1566558954182.png (616x257, 168K)

Good to see Yakuza finally embracing its identity as a cinematic experience

Attached: moviekuza.jpg (766x391, 95K)

Yeah, though since its still Yakuza we'll be returning to Kamurocho.

Its an interesting idea and I want to see how it plays out since Ichiban is basically the opposite of Kiryu. I just wonder why it had to be made into a mainline entry instead of an off the wall spinoff.

>cherrypick posts made by SJWs and casual fags to prove a point
Should be easy enough to prove the inverse, right?

Attached: 1563657173.png (900x450, 329K)

This is what happens when the series becomes popular. It attracts a lot of normalfags.

I just hate turn-based rpgs man I'm sorry

>yakuza combat wasnt even good anyway so we should make it like even worse!1
it wasn't perfect but that's not the point at all you cock-swallowing turd sucker
it's already been confirmed RGG studio is looking at a judgment sequel. we'll still get games based on the classic combat. ichiban's games will focus on the new RPG combat. with the sheer output of games RGG studio has, putting out two to three titles a year, are you really so fucking stupid that you can't comprehend we'll be getting both?

Pretty much. Some of these franchises have gone on for too long and became victims of the very same thing that made them popular. I'm surprised Yakuza 6 didn't backpedal on the whole thing about Kiryu "dying", considering they already pulled that card more than twice only to chicken out later.

Change can be good.

I just want a Yakuza game where I run my own crew trying to take over the kamurocho rackets and shaking down legitimate businesses. Like the real estate royale in 0 but more fleshed out and with a much more interactive kamurocho, it's a small enough area to where far more buildings should be able to be accessed.

Yakuza combat isn't bad, but it isn't worth defending either.
It's not like you're gonna get a different experience anyway
>yakuza games now
>press the x x x and fill your heat bar
>press triangle for a heat move
>waggle your left stick around, pretending it matters
>cry in frustration over the retarded camera

>yakuza games with turnbased combat
>press x for 3 turns
>press triangle on your fourth turn for your limit bre- i mean heat move
>move the left analog stick around to entertain yourself
>cry in frustration over the same camera angle for every fight

Attached: shruglife.jpg (550x400, 43K)

>normalfag
Not this guy. "Secondary" or "ironic weeb" might be better terms to use here.

Attached: 1565705869226.png (592x1292, 494K)

>we'll still get games based on the classic combat
Problem is, it should have been the other way round: new battle system for the spinoff title and more classic, refined combat for the mainline series. I have no idea what the fuck they were thinking with this, they should have tested the waters with a spinoff title first but they just jumped right in with 7, fucking why?

>making shit games is okay as long as the same studio makes good games
Or how about they make good games instead of bad ones.

I feel like they are going to have over the top animations in the battles and it's going to ruin the parts of the story that are supposed to feel hype. They already showed that attack where the dude spits out purple mist shit. Also, someone already mentioned this, but it's going to feel dumb as fuck when a hype boss cutscene transitions to gameplay and the characters are just standing around waiting for their turn.

Because mainline games get bigger budgets than spin-offs. Don't know why people give a shit about it having a number attached. It's not like it's a direct sequel starring all the old characters.

Turn based combat and no Kamurocho? Fucking sign me up. I’ve played the same game 9 times at this point.

the combat is pretty mediocre yeah, but it is fun to run through buildings beating the shit out of dozens of low level gangsters and that fastpaced rush isn't something you can get through turnbased combat.

I agree that it's weird, but it's not something that really bothers me. I would've been perfectly fine with ending the series at 6 with Kiryu's retirement. Hell, it should've ended at 5, but whatever. At least Judgment was an improvement over Kiwami 2, I'm just bummed out because it didn't have karaoke.

>moving goalposts
>w-well it's not my cup of tea so it's s-shit
so kind of you to accept you have no more arguments user-kun

Console niggers ruined entire genres like wrpgs and fps

Yakuza is one of those games that gave up on game design, you’re allowed to carry virtually infinite hp potions plus the game doesn’t even have a sensical way to restore HP there’s long story missions were you never recover HP unless you use an item.

A game where you can carry infinite HP heling items and you can just pause and heal (i’m looking at you Breath of the Wild) isn’t really worth playing, much less when the combat is such meaningless garbage.

Why even play Yakuza games when you can experience the only good stuff it has by watching a silent let’s play on youtube?

wrpgs were always garbage to begin with.

>Yakuza 0 comes out in the west and is somewhat popular
>"Zerofags ruined the fanbase"
>Yakuza comes to PC
>"PCfags ruined the fanbase"
It's either oldies getting angry about literally anything newer than them (I'm one of "oldies", but I despise these people) or Zerofags blaming their first new wave. Either way it's the retarded consolewarriors ruining everything

Don't worry if people scream enough they'll just go back and make another button masher for 2021 slot.

This. Like in Judgment when you run in to save that one girl, it feels great. Or that building with the guy changing weapons every time you see him, I'm gonna miss that

took a few too many bogpills

Attached: 1566077562893.jpg (544x585, 73K)

>inventory space is limited by the amount of cans of energy drink kiryu can carry
>can mostly take 10-12 with you at all times, assuming you clear out everything else
>virtually infinite
what kind of casual nigger are you?

even as someone who's excited for this game, i agree that it shouldn't be a numbered title. a lot of the outrage wouldn't exist if it was treated as a spinoff instead of a main-series game.

>watching a silent let’s play
Are those even a thing anymore? Everything seems to be WHATS UP GUYS ITS COCKSUCKER HERE TODAY WE'RE PLAYING YAKUZA EPISODE NUMBER 201 LAST TIME WE BEAT SOME GUYS AND TODAY WE GONNA BEAT SOME MORE HAHA AM I RIGHT GUYS.

Sorry but i remember playing 0 and having a huge inventory filled with HP items because all the guns and melee weapons played like garbage, like i’d use 3 hp potions for a boss battle and i had like 50 left.

>moving goalposts
nice meme, retard
Turn based combat is objectively bad. Its the least exciting and most braindead form of gameplay ever conceived. Its doesnt have the fast paced excitement of an action game and it doesnt have the indepth strategy of a strategy game.

In Y6 and Kiwami 2 you can carry 10 pieces of literally every non-restaurant consumable in the game.

>Turn based combat is objectively bad.

Attached: zoomer.png (434x327, 32K)

Monster hunte- oh.

add "no commentary" and they're generally easy to find.

Now finding one that's actually captured in decent quality is another story.

On another note, anyone know if the Black Panther PSP spinoffs are any good?

>gaywami

>nice meme, retard
>Turn based combat is objectively bad. Its the least exciting and most braindead form of gameplay ever conceived. Its doesnt have the fast paced excitement of an action game and it doesnt have the indepth strategy of a strategy game.

Attached: 35D05242-B810-4841-A494-912D24CCFFC0.png (708x800, 33K)

Literally shown this April, months after the series came to PC.
How can you Sonygros lie with straight face just like that?

>ive eaten shit for years so that means you have to as well, lil zoomie :)

Attached: goose.jpg (433x427, 86K)

It's not oldies, snoyfags are just eternal fags. They always need to complain or shitpost like a certain other group...

>Turn based combat is objectively bad. Its the least exciting and most braindead form of gameplay ever conceived. Its doesnt have the fast paced excitement of an action game and it doesnt have the indepth strategy of a strategy game.

Attached: wjk_21.png (458x465, 109K)

Look it’s the schizo nincels who spend all day on Yea Forums crying about Sony.

Have you lads taken your meds today?

Actually nah, I'd say EDF threads only got better with the ports. The only time you really see shitposters is with the EDF5 port's pricing, and even then they're typically dismissed

Find a new secret club fags

You do realize you can just not play games you don't like right.

There's a different appeal in turnbased combat, where now I'm going to look at every badass who helps or fights me as someone I might eventually get on my side, and get to control.

>Nier
God fucking damn yes, now secondaries come into our threads and say "shit weeb game 0/10", not to mention calling everyone gatekeepers

Nice samefag, retard. Go back to scrolling through menus for 50 hours, you mental defect.

Attached: 1520063929888.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

How about you go play the same fucking mindless game 7 times like a brain damaged subhuman? Oh wait, you already did that.

>multiple people can't possibly think i'm a retarded, dicksucking fag!

t. person who thinks you're a retarded, dicksucking fag

Attached: faggot.png (568x137, 27K)

They're sorta fun, but it's very N6 Wrestling Games/Def Jam since it's made by the same people. A lot of really bullshit counters that the AI can likewise do to you, but with the addition of heat moves that the enemy can also do to you, you can completely eat shit and die instantaneously if they built up enough heat (which only goes up and does not deplete through damaging them).

So you can't be overly offensive and have to play the counter game too, because if you don't then any attack you throw can be instantly countered so that you are punished for doing so.

>Souls is always the biggest example.
Maaaan, that period when Demon Souls in english was only available via imports from asia was the last time i ever got genuinely excited about finding stuff out and discussing it here in games.

turn based combat does suck. it's slow, it completely ruins immersion in whatever game it is implemented in, especially when using more photorealistic graphics, and it offers a shallow strategic experience. it's literally an obsolete genre.

Oh, you're an immersionfag.
It's a videogame, dipshit, not one of your autistic 'experiences'. If a menu ruins your enjoyment of it maybe you need to get into a different hobby.

hey a yakuza thread
kiwama 1 sucks DICK so far, should I power through or skip this trash?

Cope, no jrpg will ever come close to the likes of old crpgs

I like the combat system in Yakuza games despite their simplicity. It is simply fun to punch and kick shit.
And new combat system isn't what worries me because i love JRPGs and turn based combat. I remain sceptical until we get more footage of the combat, because making TBC fun is a pretty hard thing to do, especially in a fighting-heavy gameplay loop of Yakuza games. The game will either have a lot less random encounters on the streets or the enemies will have really low health because usually you get into a fight with ~4 mooks and plow through them in 30 seconds, but if that fight starts taking you more than 3-5 minutes because there's all the menu navigation and attack animations that have to play out the player will be really tired out after a couple of fights if they keep the same amount of random encounters on the streets.
I am in the minority of people who loved Tartatus in Persona 3 and i would have no problems with that but your regular player will start to feel bored with the combat pretty fast.
Right now we just have to wait and see.

Attached: 1561048819915.gif (500x333, 1.62M)

Feel free to skip honestly, Kiwami 1 and 2 are low budget reskins of 0 and 6 respectively to 1 and 2's story (complete with the same animation rigging in a lot of cases). Kiwami 1 IS the shortest Yakuza though.

Which Yakuza have you played, and which are you interested in?

I'm not the one here literally making shit up to make the other platform base look worse, while the OP clearly is.

I could never imagine playing the main SMT or even Persona games with anything but turn-based gameplay. Like it's really bad imagining being Demifiend just punching demons freeroam or as Joker just hitting or shooting demons also.

old crpgs are on the same level as the absolute worst jrpgs.

Attached: ffxv vs planescape.png (1938x654, 589K)

apply yourself retard zoom zoom

Attached: 1522422929190.jpg (651x1600, 375K)

>muh immersion
if that's all you care about, go watch a movie.
>especially when using more photorealistic graphics
you don't seriously believe that yakuza has "photorealistic graphics," right?
>it's literally an obsolete genre.
just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's "obsolete." it has commercial success (pokemon), lasting cultural impact (dragon quest) and critical acclaim (persona) to this day.

I only played 0 and it was amazing
I just don't want to be lost. I watched the trailer that just came out for 7 and I didn't recognize literally anybody

Are you fucking retarded? 75% of RTS threads are people saying the same shit
>RTS IS DEAD!!1!1!
>muh gookclicker
>you'll never be the best player in the world so who cares
>MOBAS I HATE MOBAS SO ILL CONSTANTLY TALK ABOUT MOBAS
>dozen of posts with the same multiple paragraph arguments
>im a filthy casual therefore RTS is a shit genre

They originally planned on making Persona 5 as an action game similar to the Raidou Kuzunoha games, which is why the battle menu was built to be radial so that you could quick-select menu options in it.

Literally the same thing happened with Monster Hunter.

Kiwami 2 is more palatable than 1 IMO. It has an option that lets you revisit all the important story beats from Kiwami 1 right at the start, so you won't be lost.

>Yakuza games are PS exclusive
Not so fast snoyboy

Attached: images (3).jpg (212x300, 14K)

Based zoomy retard

Attached: 1231561456164.jpg (422x170, 26K)

Monster Hunter.

7 is all new characters so far, don't worry. 6 was meant as Kiryu's last game, new guy's been in prison the last 15 years or so, so he'll be just as lost as you think you are.

Judgment's likewise a recent spinoff that's really good that takes place in Kamurocho with basically all the same gameplay with a bit of detective stuff on top of it. It's also another one where everything is unrelated to prior games, with no returning characters. You might want to give it a look or try it out, I really enjoyed it.

Attached: yakuzadialogue.png (206x103, 30K)

Pretty much every game ported from console to PC

7 is a reboot anyway, brand new system, characters, city and by the trailer the mood is much lighter.
Even the western title doesn't have a number

MH

>this will never get translated
feels bad

>snoyniggers mad

It doesn't have to do with PC really, the problem with the Yakuza fanbase is that when 0 came out, it was taken over by fans of Persona 4 fleeing from Persoma 5's influence

Atelier series. Goodbye comfy threads...

Quake