Why don’t companies like Konami and Valve, who no longer make games, license their IPs to companies that do?

Why don’t companies like Konami and Valve, who no longer make games, license their IPs to companies that do?

Attached: AE63B764-2917-4DAB-A81D-6C8C8E405587.jpg (749x780, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7ncfTmQL8nI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because they are autistic about quality control.

>refrigerate food
>"hey dude, can I eat that?"
>"nah, I'm saving it for later"
>"wft? I'm hungry now though"
Well?

>Dude never eats it and it grows mold

Do they really care about the quality of things that aren’t even their main source of profit and have no use/purpose to them anymore as a company?

>Konami
Phone games
>Valve
Too much work

Is letting other people do the work for you too much work for Valve?

imagine being at computers

>food analogy
retarded and muttpilled

I'm dealing with an issue like this right now. It's my brother's food and he always let's it go bad but gets upset if I eat it. What do?

It's safer to just sell crates and print money.

>Konami doesn't make games
Are you retarded or a fifafag?

>refrigerates half-life for 12 years
honestly tie a plastic bag over your head and go to sleep

Confront him about it
>YOUR FUCKING FOOD STINKS, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Eat it befor it got bad and say that it got bad.

No, then he'll get used to you cleaning his mess up. Next thing you know nigger won't clean his dishes and shit.

Yeah I'm gonna do this

Have you tried to get your own food, beggar? If he'd rather see it rot than give it to you, it's his right.

Outsourcing video game franchises is almost always fucking terrible.

Would you rather take the risk and see if someone else makes a good spinoff or let it rot for all eternity, never seeing the series again

Valve doesn't care about quality control. They'll let literally anyone use the Half-Life IP

Attached: Hunt-Down-The-Freeman-Free-Download-Full-PC-Game-Setup.jpg (706x1007, 45K)

Well, depends to whom you're outsourcing the franchise
But it can be a hit or miss for sure youtube.com/watch?v=7ncfTmQL8nI

what the fuck is this analogy

Attached: hulk.png (513x394, 305K)

Attached: 91kssfXKlxL._SX522_.jpg (522x605, 66K)

Anything that harms the IP harms the company and, therefore, profits.

>Didn't let Arkane make Return to Ravenholm but let this fuck make his shitty fanfiction and charge money for it
Is there a reason we need to live on the cursed timeline?

Attached: 1563735910208.jpg (590x523, 211K)

Eat it and say it was moldy dude

Get your own house, 'fridge, and food. If your brother is living at your house, then kick him the fuck out already.
Unless you're a chick and you two are fucking, then post vids.

>Is there a reason we need to live on the cursed timeline?
We're all dead and this is Hell.

With Valve, it's mostly down to Gabe having a crippling dota addiction and desparately trying to get linux into a state where it can work as both a consumer and developer OS before Gamedev.
Konami I really couldn't tell you.

I don't know, I think abandoning a flagship of your company is pretty harmful to your image unless you're really hoping your series that sold millions of copies gets forgotten after a few decades and people stop asking.

It's not really a risk for companies who's main profits aren't from games anymore. There's probably more people willing to boycott Steam for not releasing a new Half Life versus letting some shit spinoff like Hunt Down the Freeman slip out. People are still gonna use Konami pachinko machines even if a bad Metal Gear game gets released.

>food analogy

Attached: 1542034994352.gif (250x195, 801K)

Did you forget this?
There was that Portal bridge game too

Attached: 5ff15353b4686900c93954a6f91d82fe.jpg (1280x720, 39K)

>Valve
>quality control
what

Attached: 1564255970710.png (303x391, 117K)

I guess what I'm wondering then is, why have no bigger name companies tried to cash in on the desperation of the fans of these major IPs? The audience and demand for these games is pretty large I imagine so it seems like pretty easy cashgrab for companies still making games that is.

Attached: 1563377058052.png (278x248, 55K)

It's not about using it, it's about having it.

Imagine a dragon who spends all day sleeping on a giant pile of treasure, losing its shit because someone stole a single gem.

Valve doesn't seem to give a fuck about their IPs being used by other developers. The facts of the matter are simple. A) Valve's IPs are derivative, B-movie garbage that isn't worth expanding upon and B) Valve's dwindling fan base isn't clever enough to make quality games (see: HDTF and Black Mesa).