Was this the exact moment Pokemon died?

Was this the exact moment Pokemon died?

Attached: y1p9aj0rgka11.png (2400x4575, 3.27M)

Gen 3

no diamond and pearl were good

It peaked at gen 5 and then fell off a fucking cliff tumbling down from gen 6 onwards.

lmao gen 5 was so fucking shit it almost killed the franchise

Gen 5 was patrician, you simp
5>4>2>3>1>6>7
SS has nice scenery, but that's all it's got going for it.

Gen 4. Gen 5 revived it and then Gen 7 killed it again.

Tell me which ones you actually dislike of these, most are fucking cool and I wish they continued doing this

It died when you came out of your mom's cunt, faggot. Also, Gen 5.

Piracy almost killed the franchise during the DS era, not Gen 5.
Gen 5 had the oldest audience of any Pokemon game, it kept old fans interested while bringing in new ones. Now Pokemon is all about catering to literal children, most of the old fans don't give a shit.

It died for me as soon as I played Gold/Silver and realized it was the same shit as Red/Blue, just with shit Pokemon designs, a worse world, and a fucking million water HMs. I don't know why gen 2 is revered among Pokemon fans or why anyone plays these fucking games anymore honestly.

No this was actually based. Pokemon died with BW's digimon designs and dogshit writing.

>hurr we're going to tell LE EPIB STORY by adding pages of bad high school poetry before you open the victory road doors.

Why are sinnhfetuses so mad that their games sucked?

Gen 5 pokemon design wise, gen 6 gameplay wise.

Gen 3 is the best in the history of the series though

Haven't played SM or USM, but There's zero legitmate arguement for XY and ORAS being the worst or even one of the worst games in the series.

People shit on them because they are DISSAPOINTING, in both could have been much better, but they aren't bad. In fact, Pokemon changes so little game to game that just being in the 6th generation alone virtually garuntees them to be better then gen 1, 2, and 3 for the most part just due to having the minor quality of life changes and iterative tweaks the series has built up over 6 gens. Gen 3 lacks the physical/special split, amie, super training, trainer cusotmization, re-usable TMs, and more. Gen 2 lacks abilities on top of that, and most types have barely any usable moves. Gen 1 outright lacks bag pockets or held items.

If you wanna argue Emerald's Battle Frontier alone outweighs all the shit ORAS has that it doesn't, then fine (which i'd even argue is silly since not only does ORAS have all the above, but also has the delta episode); but it's completely intellectually dishonest to say RBY or GSC or RS are better with a straight face.

IMO:

BW2 > Platinum > HGSS > BW > XY = ORAS > Emerald > Crystal > RS > GS > FRLG > RBY

Gen 4 revived it after 3, which actually did nearly kill the franchise. Gen 4 was the most popular gen after the first 2

This.
>First games with no soul, just attempting to milk the franchise without any coherent vision
>Started the shitty trope of including legendaries in the plot
>Water

I really wonder why people love BW2 so much.
I only played BW1 but they were the slowest Pokemon games I've ever played

>First games with no soul, just attempting to milk the franchise without any coherent vision
That's Gold/Silver

Gold and Silver had soul, they were planned to be the last games in the series giving a continuation to the original story, showing off what happened to Team Rocket and the rest of Kanto, including Red and was pretty much in development before Pokemania was even a thing.
RSE was basically "ok this shit is still popular let's sell more"

>unironically defending an ice cream

You take the good. You take the bad. You take them both and then you have the facts of life.

It died with the jump to 3D. X and Y were painfully mediocre especially with that weak ass postgame. ORAS did a few things better but it was a massive step back from HGSS in terms of content for remakes, but despite that it was the better Gen 6 game. Gen 7 showed promise but again fell short. Nothing to do in the postgame except battle tree and ultra wormholes. Gen 5 was when the series peaked. I just want a good postgame again with a large area to explore, strong wild Pokémon and even stronger trainers to rematch. I miss HGSS/Plat/BW2 postgame.

Probopass should be renamed into Proborat.

You mean the stalactite monster that inspired the creation of ice cream cones in universe?

A lot of content, many new and old catchable pokemon, good ost (even though some of it was borrowed from BW1), harder difficulty, and pretty much the rest that also made the first games good: triple battle autism, hidden abilities and the like.

>Complaining about vanilluxe
>Then turning around and praising shit like electrode and grimer
Shit Pokemon design is part of every generation, not just the ones you hate.

>inspired the creation of ice cream cones in universe
Where is that said? I want to read up on it.

>literally my mom's easter eggs

Borat hates Jews so that does not make sense at all

I don't remember specifially but it was somewhere in the games, probably Castelia since that's where Casteliacones are bought.

>gen 5 was so fucking it almost killed the franchise

Attached: 018.jpg (512x512, 33K)

I don't think it ever died but it became way different in gen 4. Some ways good and some bad. I think gen 7 usum has the 2nd best battling but dear god the fucking cut scenes kill me every time.
I wish they'd make an open world pokemon already and get rid of this Vgc 2v2 bullshit already.
>6v6 singles take too long.
Kill yourself. Games are meant to be long and engaging, not fast and boring. Keep that shit on faggotty mobile games.

And yet you are still playing and wasting all your money. Keep seething, boomer.

Pokémon died at E3 2019

Nah, this was based. Taking existing pokemon and making then stronger, giving them other evolution options.
I don't see anyone complaining about crobat.

Babies on the other hand are completely worthless. I get that they wanted to make cute pokemon to sell that kind of appeal, but do we really need worthless pokemon that will never ever be on you team roster over the evolved version? They could have just made new cute pokemon instead of "its mr. Mime's baby!"
Most people dont even want to think about Mr. Mime having sex.

Also should add gen 2 was best. I couldn't believe how much fun that shit was.

To me, the only really bad ones are Ambipom and Lickilicky. The other range from okay to great.

As far as pokemon designs go gen 4 is easily the worst.

We've been over this
No, it was mega evolutions in gen 6.

Gen 6 was where it died. 4 and 5 were the peak.

Zoomer trash

Gen 3 suffers from feature creep.
It should just have kept all Gen 2 extra features and expanded upon it, where it only really expands upon Berry planting.
Contests are really cool, but its still missing a day/night + weekdays + more ongoing events.

For every Porygon-Z and Gallade there is horrid shit like Probopass, Magnezone, Electvire and Magmortar.
I think the core problem is that a lot of designs have gotten too humanoid, and its not a reversing trend.

Why? I see a lot of fun and good designs. Even the baby pokemon, which is a cancerous concept, has some good ones like Munchlax and Mime Jr.

This, first game to start having LESS content

Less content than a Gold/Silver, games that were on the Game Boy?

Gen 5 was good, but you're right, it nearly killed the franchise. Normies hated it because it didn't Gen 1 pander at all.

Nope. It was when Gen V tried something new for the 15th anniversary and people hated that they couldn't bring back their Gen I faggots until after they beat Black/White. Pic related explained it all nicely. Gen IV was great for cleaning up Gen II's shitty Pokemon along with adding some other cool evos for the hell of it and of course the same crowd cried about that too. If you hate the newer games, blame Gen l nostalgiafags but blame GameFreak for not having the balls to tell them to fuck off. It was clear Gen V was trying to do something new with how Masuda was being direct and open about its development.

Attached: thisiswhyyouhatethenewergames.png (1298x507, 96K)

Ambipom looks retarded, Electrivire makes no sense, Lickilicky is fucking awful, Porygon Z could've been cooler, Probopass is OI VEYYYYYY

Right after gen 3

F

fpbp

they stopped giving a fuck with rattata my mom's rat.

>STILL hating Probopass

Attached: 1541188179392.jpg (688x921, 162K)

Soft cap after 2, hard cap after going 3D

Here's your cross-gen evolution bro

Attached: Obstagoon.png (1024x1024, 417K)

thanks i hate

Attached: 1.jpg (920x568, 65K)

>Honchkrow
>Magnezone
>Tangrowth
>Togekiss
>Porygon Z
>Gallade
>(((Probopass)))

All of them are great.

Gen 5 was awful when it came out and BW2 barley fixed it. Only zoomers think is the best gen

It was for me, but only because I had other shit to do. Most people I know still enjoy it, and honestly it's Pokemon, adding a couple more Pokemon and types isn't going to change it enough to drive anyone away.

>Dwan Stone

The only correct one. Where the fuck are all the Pokemon

It was inferior to Gen 2 but still playable. It's true it kinda killed Pokemon though.

GenV had the worst sales out of all gens?

Nope. Still sold significantly. HGSS sold less than Black/White. Most series would kill to have 8 Million sales overall.

Gen 6. Don't let any other retarded Yea Forums dweller tell you otherwise. It was a massive step down from Gen 5 and continued an ongoing trend of Pokemon games getting progressively easier and lazier.

Grimer is good, loser

>Gen 5 tried something new
huh?

Agree. Each Pokémon generation felt as an improvement over the next peaking with Gen 5.

Gen. 1 = Sonic 1 = MGS1
Gen. 2 = Sonic 2 = MGS2
Gen. 3 Emerald = Sonic 3 & Knuckles = MGS3 Subsistence
Gen. 4 = Sonic Adventure = MGS4
Gen. 5 = Sonic Adventure 2 = MGSPW
Gen. 6 = Sonic Heroes = MGSV

Nah, Fairy Types.

Yes, Gen V tried to do something new. Best Pokemon out of the entire batch.

And that is because fairy types....?

For me unironically yes. I was so disappointed that Magmortar and Rhyperior looked like shit. Rhydon and Magmar were two of my favorite pokes in Gen 1.

>Gen V tried to do something new
huh?

I think he's inferring no previous gen Pokemon until post game. No other game did that so it is new.

I'm not spoonfeeding you, play the games or continue being ignorant.

That's ONE of the reasons, yes.

A lot of gen 2's features sucked dick though. Weekdays in particular were arcane as fuck bullshit and nights would require you to either cheat the clock or just stay up randomly.

>3D bad

Well yes but not because they're 3d.

I played platinuim when it first came out on the DS and enjoyed the game.
But every pokemon after felt like the same game and couldnt finish it.
How the fuck do you guys play multiple pokemon without feeling like you are wasting your time? The plot sucks and the gameplay is practically the same through out all gens.
There is barely any challenge in the game. What the fuck is wrong with you guys?

Attached: 1521417099812.jpg (640x628, 40K)

>adding more evos to past gens kills the franchise
You'll have to explain this one to me, I mean they did this in Gen II

XY. We all know it was gen 6. Why do you spergs keep asking this question?

FPBP