Metal Gear Rising 2

user, how bad do you think they will fuck it up if they try to make MGR 2 without Platnium or Kojima?

Attached: RaidenBoi.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ziwuudqfLxY
youtube.com/watch?v=gV1BMUg4NsA
polygon.com/2013/2/13/3983698/kojipro-and-the-frustrating-process-of-handing-metal-gear-rising
mobygames.com/game/ps3/metal-gear-rising-revengeance/credits
youtu.be/y5FizVbvuGE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh noo Rising 2 but with good writing and no QTEs, what a loss.

I still kind of wish that they would have done the originally planned game where Raiden initially became a cyborg, and saved Sunny and whatnot, but honestly too much time has passed at this point.

I would rather not play a game that exists to set up MGS4 as well. Would prefer to have a Grey Fox game where the final boss is Rex. Or a game where you play as Ninja Olga.

>without Platnium
Couldn't they headhunt some Platinum and Team Ninja staff and ex-staff? Gotta be some guys that are up for grabs at leading their own game.
youtube.com/watch?v=ziwuudqfLxY
I mean that's if you even go with the same kind of style Rising 1 had. I'd like a more horror style game for Grey Fox, hell start it in Zanzibarland even. That'd be my ideal Rising 2 a really good Frank Horror title

Attached: 74aade6bbcf9dcc2718a3a0ce883c3f9d0c2bfde_hq.jpg (431x672, 32K)

Kojima had nothing to do with MGR.

TURN BASED RPG

Rising had great writing don't be stupid.

Rising was good because Kojima didnt had anything to do with

lol

Attached: i'm going to assassinate the president NO DON'T DO IT!!1!1.jpg (729x729, 244K)

It was closely supervised by Kojima. It could've turned out much worse if he didn't.

Wonderful argument.
It was not. Your ignorance is showing. The only thing Kojima did was give Rising to Platinum games. After that it was out of his hands.

the game opens with raiden leaning in to give a toddler tier facebook quote to a damn sitting president who responds with "wow you are so smart :)" so again, lol.

>we did carefully supervise things like the story, the cutscene direction, and the settings.
polygon.com/2013/2/13/3983698/kojipro-and-the-frustrating-process-of-handing-metal-gear-rising

KojiPro is not Kojima. Your own link quotes a producer, not Kojima.
>"wow you are so smart :)"
Aktschually it was
>Hmm, a soldier and a philosopher.
N'mani was impressed that Raiden wasn't some Blackwater gruff and tough moron. Anything else to shoot down?

that quote is the exact kind of thing an ex-army brat would wear on a shirt with a gun-toting skeleton on it. if someone said that to you, you'd roll your eyes.

You must not have talked to many people. People say cheesy lines in real life too.

>supervising the non gameplay elements
LOOOL

easy, muh rpg elements (e.g. new god of war)

I presume you sagely dub these people philosophers when they do it

Revengeance already had yuh RPG elements.

Metal Gear Rising would be near forgotten if it wasn't for the characters.

>MUH CHARACTERS
yeah, the gameplay was pretty shit spamming blocks at everything

Not shit but not memorable enough to be remembered 6 years later.

Let's talk about how it could be better

>able to switch weapons on the fly with their own full movesets and specific L2 functions
>flesh out the support items to feel more like dmc guns
>flesh out ripper mode to be more than just free blade mode
>make blade mode no longer sever non-stuned/alerted enemies limbs
>add more options to go through missions stealthily

Specifically the last option could be neat, like make it a future-tech tenchu with the option to go curhazy or sneak it out. Basically have more sections be like the sakura garden.

Personally I want the first option the most, but more oppotunities for stealth does sound neat.

>duh I dunno how to make a game better without literally turning it into DMC
Go away brainlet

There's no way that they would do it without Platinum, even Konami isn't that stupid.
The only barrier is if Platinum somehow refuses because of Kojima, but I really doubt that would happen. Kojima wasn't even directly involved with the project, and they always need the money.

You're the only brainlet here, you said nothing of substance. Consider suicide.

I dont need to play a rising 2, the game is replayable enough
unless there was more than just another Sam dlc

Attached: 1425875926537.gif (400x372, 2M)

no please go on tell us about your ideas for cyborg trigger and style... shifting

The issue was that the team making that couldn't make a fucking game. They just kept refining the same tech demo over and over again.

Now that I think about it, making the support items more like how tenchu does it could be interesting. Like before every mission you get put into a MGSV style prep menu and you only have so many slots to use for extra weapons and support items. Like emp grenades costing more slots than a simple one use rpg (makes no sense from a realism standpoint but emp grenades can trivialize some fights)

watchkin.com/9b1f1adc49#

And its fucking cringe you retard. Nor him btw just chiming in on your dick sucking ass. MGR had shit writing
>german man codenamed Doktor
As a german i stood up and clapped fooking epic
>i am ze german le stabby stabby and BODY SCIENCE WUNDERBAR

do Germans really get this triggered?
or are you an Ameritard LARPing >le 53% pure aryan germanic ancestry

No you fucking idiot. Quit projecting your retarded pol shit on me. Im a german whos tired of every German being le funng evil doctor man. And nice job deflecting into personal insults because you have no arguments. Just the type of brainlet id expect to enjoy such a dumb fucking story

>pol shit
So, you are a Jew then.

No. But you are definitely a retarded underage who has no personality outside of Yea Forums. Im starting to see how and why you enjoy MGR story so much. It takes a special kind of retard

oh boo fucking hoo, it's not like races/nationalities of all types aren't stereotyped in games, especially nip games as they know nothing about the world outside japan

Playable Armstrong.

Attached: OH HOW PRETTY.gif (501x275, 607K)

>Im a german whos tired of every German being le funng evil doctor man.
So you haven't played MGR got it.
At first you had a problem with the line, now you're using a strawman. MGR detractors are fucking retards.

they won't

>The only thing Kojima did was give Rising to Platinum games.
He's literally credited as "supervising director" in the game.
mobygames.com/game/ps3/metal-gear-rising-revengeance/credits

>now you're using a strawman
you're not using that word right

>So you haven't played MGR got it.
God youre auch3 a fucking retarded faggot. Literally no arguments outside of deflecting and shitposting. Kill yourself retard. Your meme shit story is trash and the game is casual as fuck anyway

Jesus christ, dude.
We're six years removed from MGR.

I love the Metal Gear series, but can someone explain why Yea Forums loves it so much to the point that a a quarter of the posts here daily are MG-related?

MGR is the only Metal Gear game I've played desu. Planning to play the rest of series but have no idea where to start.

Mgrising 2 should be the same but with twice more bosses

Rising had shit gameplay before Platinum. That's why it got outsourced.

just watch the movies on youtube tbf, the games are 70-90% cutscenes/dialogue anyway and the gameplay isn't anything stellar

>bad writing
i bet your mad that senator armstrong was too trump like

>t. a jew

>we're going to make it like the great days after 9/11 folks, believe me.

>Rising had bad writing

Attached: C3kQchrUcAAtyhw.jpg (468x494, 115K)

Don't listen to the guy who first responded to you. People usually say play in release order but honestly you won't understand shit anyways. Play 3 and 5, those are the best ones, the others aren't as mandatory if you're a gameplay-oriented person.

Thanks Fren

Very and for the story if they ever make a sequel they either have to go back in time or made raiden president to top Armstrong
The QTE events are actually good tho

Start them chronologically. I've played through the series for the first time back in 2013 and earlier titles were fine, MGS1 actually ended up being my favorite one.

Raiden is a terrorist, how could he get elected as president?

How does somone live in somebody’s arm? I’m just saying the only way to top a senator is a president
>inb4 “I could break the president in half”

Go 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Mess around with the others if they get your interest. Give MG and MG2 a try, even if you don't play them all the way through.

He isn’t your friend, play the games in the order they were released. It should be common sense.

I am his friend though, while people yell about how you need to play in release order the facts are that other than 3 and 5 many people don't like the games due to how story-over-gameplay they are, and 3 and 5 are the most gameplay focused.

I did say playing in release order is what's usually recommended though

>he doesn’t play the games in alphabetical order
Lmao can’t relate

Attached: 36DDE96E-131B-4833-AEBD-86BC39C30A78.png (306x481, 192K)

>mgr2
>you play as george
>raiden is the bad guy

Attached: 622vomit.jpg (336x436, 63K)

Imagine being as retarded as this guy.

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

I just started Rising on very hard, can anyone tell me what the FUCK happened here? Why did I get an A? Should I replay the mission?

Attached: 20190828223323_1.jpg (1920x1080, 363K)

>33 minutes
bruh

George’s last name is rodrigues

Attached: 880E2B6D-40E4-41FB-B3CE-36DB136F1B9A.gif (300x179, 417K)

Gimme a break, this is my first time playing on very hard

I'm sure it's been pointed out, but when Raiden becomes his own man at the end, the suit he's wearing is dark grey pinstriped with a gold tie, the same color as Armstrong's

You missed a fight. You absolutely can't miss a single fight if you want an S rank.

So should I not try to stealth it? I've been doing all the optional fights Boris gives you.

>my dad's a german
>I love all german caricatures from Dr Strangelove up to MGR's Doc, and passing by TF2's medic
I think you just don't like fun

Kojima needs to be in charge of MGR2 and not the dumb shit Platinum do.

Then maybe you stupid fucking germans should make your own games eh?

I FINE'LY FOUND WHAT IIIIIIIIIIII
WAS LOOOOOOOOOOOO-
KING FORRR!

>So should I not try to stealth it?
yes and no, sometimes you can stealth fine, but some "stealth sections" despite that fact that they encourage stealth are actually a combat section which if you miss you're gonna lose rank. It's a bit stupid which is why I never bothered with S ranking full missions, just bosses.

youtu.be/y5FizVbvuGE

I'm German and I love these caricatures, stop being triggered du Spast.

>about to bench 130kgs
>not sure if I can make it
>THERE WILL BE BLOOD
>SHED
>bench it easily

The only song on the soundtrack that isn't an 11/10 is red sun

Don't skip Peace Walker.

1,2,3 are like the perfect trilogy
4 is the one that MGR is based off of, but it's also by far the worst.

Why can't you access Ray or Blade Wolf in the boss select? Hell, it even lets you choose from two different versions of Armstrong.

>watching the armstrong bossfight for the first time on stream back at launch
Good times.

Attached: 03d7d0387bv2_hq.jpg (1024x972, 63K)

The finale is by far the best though.

Sam in main campaign never ever
Sam in dog campaign never ever

>THIS IS THE GREATEST FIGHT OF MY LIFE
It’s impressive they managed to make a dude who is barely present for the whole game into the best boss fight ever as well as the most memorable part of the game

No Hammerhead or body doubles either. The body double fights are way better too, it's a real shame.

OP said how they would fuck it up, not improve it.