>weapons work by accelerating metal at super speeds by using mass effect stuff
>basically infinite ammo but can overheat
>a few years later a more powerful mass accelerator is developed
>it grants more punching power but it creates far more heat
>so much that the weapon overheats in a few shots
>heat sinks are then introduced to fix this issue
>hence thermal clips
There, I fixed this 9 year old issue.

Attached: Thermal_clip_2.png (328x262, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VbxgYlcNxE8
masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Codex/Weapons,_Armor_and_Equipment
masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Omni-tools#Omni-tool_Weapons
masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Krysae_Sniper_Rifle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought this was literally explained in world in the games?

I don’t think specifically YOU fixed this.

Hold up, user.

This electable heat sink sounds like something weapons that generate a high amount of heat would use.

Like an automatic or a sniper rifle.

Why does my pistol need it when you could use a force ejection system to eject the heat without the need for a thermal clip?

I'm an engineer. Btw.

More importantly how does every weapon in the Mass effect universe get change over to thermal clips so quickly? we can't even produce enough weapons as it is now to change over from our outdated firearms as is and how can an entire galaxy change over so fast?

That's more or less the justification they came up with in ME2. Except the weapons' punching power didn't get upgraded, they upgraded the rate of fire, because the shield technology started being more effective, and higher rate of fire helps to overload the enemy shield. Still, you had weapons with faster rate of fire in the first game, and they didn't need thermal clips. You just let go of the trigger for a moment and the heat would be disperesed naturally. And more importantly without any silly limitations like clips.

Okay so basically in gameplay terms Thermal Clips exist because in the first game you could just get the frictionless rounds upgrade and fire forever
In lore terms I'd say that changing clips is way faster than sitting on your ass and waiting for your weapon to cool down like a hot pocket

Attached: images (24).jpg (689x445, 31K)

So why are these super high tech heatsinks one-use only and why do they never cool?
The said ammunition is a tiny, tiny splinter - where's the heat radiating from? is the splinter not contained by a field? and if not, how does it not vaporize from being accelerated to fractions of c?

Oh and my favorite.

If weapon heat is such an issue in the ME universe then the logical choice is for weapons to have inbuilt and duplicate heat sinks so that they can be rotated rather than ejected.

Eg. A sink is hot and cooling while another is warming up then of course your stock is just a helper.

Your entire post.

I just mention and solve that.
Sorry. Trust me, I'm an engineer your shitty game is not beyond repair!

>force ejection system
what a coomer thing to say

I hated how they backtracked from overheat system to reload system. Big bullshit is what it was. "Hey, let's do this more conventional mechanic for NO REASON WHATSOEVER WOW HAHA"

A biotic did it

Cool, now give me old guns back.

Well, From my understanding it was to make the game more accessible to main stream gamers which is why the game is considerably smaller in Mass effect 2 atleast universe wise and places your able to go.

While that's not a bad thing mass effect 3 did fix some of theses problems.

>got memed into playing Soldier in ME
>it's a great class for starters user, you'll like it
>entire gameplay was spamming Overkill and Immunity
>still have nightmares over the nonstop BRAPBRAPBRAPBRAP of the Assault Rifle
Give me a fun class to play guys.

The infinite ammo line is fucking bullshit. Mass Effect weapons don't have infinite ammo regardless of whether they use heatsinks or not, because they still need to accelerate metal projectiles.

Get the fickleness materials towards the end of the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=VbxgYlcNxE8

Yes, but your shaving such a small piece of metal that you can barely see that someone could use it for a life time and never see a replacement of it's block.

>>a few years later a more powerful mass accelerator is developed
why do that when you can use eezo to reduce the effective mass of the projectile even further, creating the same effect but without the heat issue?

Man these "guns" look like fucking trash. Star Wars has lore autism about their guns too but they still look aesthetically pleasing and look like a damn gun unlike this nerf lego toy bullshit.

For ME1?
Vanguard, Adept, or Infiltrator.
Engineer/Sentinel suck.

>because they still need to accelerate metal projectiles.
yes but the projectiles are insignificantly tiny, and the ammo blocks therefore last almost forever (at least in combat terms). Heat is the only issue to solve

Energy is converted to mass in the gun

Adept. Throw shit everywhere, lift a colossus, become a god
wrong, retard

>wrong, retard
Prove it

>small piece of metal that you can barely see
Nonsense. Such a small piece of metal would do fuck all against armor because for any projectile the dependency between velocity and penetration is a curve that reaches saturation at some point.

From the Codex:
>The ammo magazine is a simple block of metal. The gun's internal computer calculates the mass needed to reach the target based on distance, gravity, and atmospheric pressure, then shears off an appropriately sized slug from the block. A single block can supply thousands of rounds, making ammo a non-issue during any engagement.
masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Codex/Weapons,_Armor_and_Equipment

Attached: 1542292411748.jpg (338x329, 13K)

At the end of the day two things are important.

Speed and toughness of the material not the bullet but the surface your hitting, Once you have the speed a piece of jelly can penetrate ultra hard material.

Doesn't prove anything. The block gets regenerated from the mass generator in the gun. This is how the bio-converter works.

Ah, you're just trolling. Got it -- carry on my friend

It always made sense even from the beginning. There are hiccups like how most weapons managed to switch over to clips in just a couple years but the core idea of why the clips exist was correct. The ME1 fanbase was always so full of retards, what part about waiting to cool down your gun in a universe with regenerating shields makes sense? Even better are the ones that think ever gun in the universe can be made out of frictionless materials that a Specter spent 10 years grinding to afford for his gun.

>literally everyone in the galaxy makes this change
>including people marooned for ten years and the fucking Geth
>even the Collectors now use thermal clips
I, uh...

>see a hanar threatening public safety
>bring up weapon, boot up Bullet.dos
>calculates the necessary parameters
>calculating
>hanar is getting away
>switch to manual
>fire a slug at the stupid space jellyfish
>accidentally set it too strong
>projectile overpenetrates the hanar
>it explodes into pink goo
>hyperspeed round flies across the citadel
>7 dead, 25 injured, massive structural damage

Attached: images (25).jpg (739x415, 23K)

That's even worse because eezo is probably the most costly thing used in the gun.

So why can’t I keep my old gun?

It doesn't matter that they changed the lore it matters that they made an interesting system more generic because muh gears of war.

What I nevet got was why dont the guns just cooldown anyway the clips would be there to make the process faster

I mean, having computer in your gun is asking for troubles.

Tell that to Star Wars Battlefront fans. Gamers in general are just hypocrites.

Is the Hanar getting away at near light speed or are you running Windows 7 on a gun that should probably be running Windows 700?

Nonsense, you're fucking retarded.

We already have railguns that hsoot big-ass metal rods at high speeds. Tell me, why do we shoot BIG ASS metal rods instead of smaller metal rods that can be accelerated to higher speeds because of their lower mass?

Since you're retarded, I'll tell you why: because penetration is a function of projectile shape as well. In the hypervelocity range (roughly 2km/s and up) increases in striking velocity mean jack shit in terms of penetration.

Attached: penetration DU rod.png (630x900, 56K)

>Bullet.dos

Attached: 1565808216621.png (394x355, 170K)

>go to an isolated planet to find a crew that has been missing for a decade
>there are thermal clips lying everywhere, despite having been invented less than 2 years ago
HMmmmmmm...... this relyy magke me thignsk..

Attached: b77.jpg (788x656, 25K)

Do you think Legion would browse Yea Forums? He shit talks in online games by canon.

Attached: images (26).jpg (561x547, 38K)

Why have a complicated rotating mechanism instead of a larger heatsink with forced cooling instead?

>Why does my pistol need it when you could use a force ejection system to eject the heat without the need for a thermal clip?
Do you just want to casually incinerate anybody standing to your left or what

How come the spaceships don't have to eject heat sinks to cool off their guns.

Attached: 1436038153859.jpg (810x780, 70K)

Okay it's not ""infinite"" but you only need to replace your ammunition supply once every 300,000 shots so you can assume it happens every time you're back at ship or something.

>a more powerful mass accelerator is developed
it wasnt though, and even if it were, the fact that it decreases endurance during a firefight and the galaxy wide inability to carry ammo for more than a few minutes of timid shooting is too much of an offset to forgo effectively infinite shooting by simply changing guns ever so often.
> the weapon overheats in a few shots
>heat sinks are then introduced to fix this issue
there already were heatsinks, but they mysteriously stopped working and weapons do not cool down on their own anymore.
>hence thermal clips
they are presented as emergency coolant, but instead of only being used when the weapon overheats for too long, they are used even if you fire the weapon with tremedous pauses in between in which the weapon should cool down naturally.
enemies did not decrease in durability from 1 to 2 either, so where is this supposed power increase?

they made ammo and fucked up explaining why.
you fixed shit, your explanation is as stupid and flawed as the original.

Because it's cold in space!

Attached: saku.jpg (499x536, 54K)

my guess is the material used to take the heat gets damaged or it changes its makeup so that it's ill suited for the job

Actually it's because railguns hit their technical limit. Accelerating smaller things even faster will simply destroy the weapon from friction.
Hell the magnetic rails already get destroyed if you're not careful which is why they're regarded as an expensive failure as a project.

Because they big.

Then why does nobody wearing a sweater ?
Check mate.

>once every 300,000 shots
Lmao. Those tiny shots would literally have zero effect on armor. Read and look at the fucking penetration formula in the hypervelocity regime. See that big fat L? Do you understand what it stands for?

Jack wears turtlenecks, but only when we're alone together.

It's not cold in space you fucking moron. Space is vacuum and thus cannot receive nor give energy. In fact, shit overheats in space much more often thanks to that.

Attached: 505da14d6a044402a4c4091bccf60371_1.jpg (450x272, 57K)

big heatsink means moar heat can travel around in it before it heats up, so it always stays cool unless you put it in ludicrous speed

So what you're saying is that smaller rods would be more effective when fired from railguns at highers speeds assuming we're hitting the upper boundary of the ordnance velocity regime? Again, you're fucking retarded.

Maybe if you stopped sucking your own cock at how smart you were maybe you'd consider that larger guns shoot a larger amount of material at high speeds.

Attached: ME2_SR_-_Mantis.png (512x256, 56K)

Why not just make a gun that shoots ice?

Explain where your "infinite" ammo comes from in your larger guns, fuckstick. You seem to fail to understand what the argument is actually about.

This would be functionally identical to the process already implemented, but would have the potential added bonus of a sick-ass cross shaped revolving "chamber".

Attached: Gabe.jpg (592x333, 14K)

OK then what was the argument about?

Attached: tumblr_inline_nn680htFKm1riu317_500.gif (200x183, 428K)

I'm saying the math would work out if you had railguns constructed of better materials that can handle the preposterous stresses better.

What does the L stand for? Do tell me. If it's length and length alone, then that doesn't mean much. You can have something long but not particularly massive.
Two inches long and three microns wide is still very, very small.

not all ships use mass accelerator tech for their weapons. See: GARDIAN lasers. Also, ship-to-ship combat doesn't have the same need for constantly putting downrange, as your target will always be moving anyway, whereas infantry can saturate ground-based targets to pin them down

Pretty sure the rounds in ME are fired at relativistic velocities.

Read . You can't have infinite ammo regardless of whether you use heatsinks or don't. Projectile size is very important for penetration. If you make projectiles too small, you won't penetrate shit. Realistically, your future weapons would shoot metal projectiles in the same size range as modern bullets, except they would be accelerated to higher speeds. You cannot have penetration without size when talking ballistics and size would limit your ammunition count same way it limits the ammo carrying capacity of the modern soldier (maybe even more, because you would have bullets made of super dense materials that weigh even more).

Doesn't fucking matter what stresses your railgun can endure, there is no point in shooting small rods when they can't penetrate shit, even if you accelerate them to higher velocities. Railguns shooting big ass rods can penetrate bunkers.

He talks shit IN games and not on some tertiary platform.
This entire railgun discussion is pointless. The guns utilize mass effect fields (aka magic) for mass acceleration and would fall outside our mathematics for how the weapons work.

But then that effectively limits you and your logistic trains to account for what is basically a new form of the magazine.

From the Codex:
"Dispersal of heat generated by onboard systems is a critical issue for a ship. If it cannot deal with heat, the crew may be cooked within the hull.

Radiation is the only way to shed heat in a vacuum. Civilian vessels utilize large, fragile radiator panels that are impossible to armor. Warships use Diffuse Radiator Arrays (DRA), ceramic strips along the exterior of the armored hull. These make the ship appear striped to thermographic sensors. Since the arrangement of the strips depends on the internal configuration of the ship, the patterns for each vessel are unique and striking. On older ships, the DRA strips could become red- or white-hot. Dubbed "tiger stripes" or "war paint" by humans, the glowing DRA had a psychological impact on pirates and irregular forces.

Strip radiators are not as efficient as panels, but if damaged by enemy fire, the ship only loses a small portion of its total radiation capacity. In most cases, a vessel's DRA alone allows it to cruise with no difficulties. Operations deep within solar systems can cause problems.

A ship engaged in combat can produce titanic amounts of heat from maneuvering burns and weapons fire. When fighting in a high heat environment, warships employ high-efficiency "droplet" heat sinks.

In a droplet system, tanks of liquid sodium or lithium absorb heat within the ship. The liquid is vented from spray nozzles near the bow as a thin sheet of millions of micrometer-scale droplets. The droplets are caught at the stern and recycled into the system. A droplet system can sink 10-100 times as much heat as DRA strips.

Droplet sheets resemble a surface ship's wake through water. The wake peels out in sharp turns, spreading a fan of droplets as the ship changes vectors and leaves the coolant behind."

Of course we don't see any of this shit in-game because that would be too cool compared to space sex and daddy issues.

Attached: Turian_cruiser_01.jpg (850x475, 41K)

Not only that, but even a super fast projectile (if it’s small) will just pass straight through a human, causing very little damage. Larger caliber bullets cause larger wound channels, more bleeding, and can more easily dump energy into the target (think 762 vs 556) if the projectiles in ME are so small as to have practically infinite ammo, they would cause almost no damage.

They should have made it so that the guns revert to the previous game's heatsink mechanic when you're out of ammo.

>and size would limit your ammunition count same way it limits the ammo carrying capacity of the modern soldier (maybe even more, because you would have bullets made of super dense materials that weigh even more).
Do you realize how much of a bullet is the projectile and how much is the accelerant casting?
Consider how we already know the ammo block shaves off its projectile instantly as part of the firing process. The average mass of a bullet, right now, is about 2~6 grams. Let's use the lower bound of that, assuming they use space magic to make it as efficient a bullet as they can get. 2 grams.
That means, if you assume these guys carry around a simple 2kg ammo block, which would be a mild weight to any soldier, and it shaves perfectly, you get 1000 shots per "reload". You can pretend it happens off camera.

That’s retarded, ceramic is a poor thermal conductor, it would make a terrible radiator.

Do you understand what bending stress is? Read the pic, it's a simple explanation of why the diameter of the penetrator cannot approach zero.

Doesn't really matter what velocities we're talking about here. You're not going to magically penetrate armor when we're talking about BALLISTIC projectiles just by pumping the speeds up the ass. Energy weapons are a different issue, but ME weapons are ballistic.

Attached: long rods why L-D ratio cannot be infinite.png (677x398, 39K)

You're comparing Earth based materials to make ceramics. You have to consider non earth materials and non Earth ceramics.

Even you're not so autistic that you assume EVERYTHING everywhere works the same right?

Attached: I AM A BIOTIC GOD.gif (400x282, 1.91M)

I see. This is mere technicalities that shouldn't and wouldn't be shown ingame. A block of "ammo" has an effective ammo count of thousands.

Attached: hail helix.gif (500x379, 496K)

>A block of "ammo" has an effective ammo count of thousands.
It doesn't, because your projectiles cannot be of infinitesimal diameter.

I’m not willing to give the ME guys the benefit of the doubt. I also recall that the in game description states that the bayonets are made of tungsten carbide. Anyone who has worked with that metal knows a knife blade would snap right in half if you dropped it. Face it, the devs are retarded and don’t know jack shit. They definitely don’t understand ballistics.

Good thing it isn't.

Hahahahahahaha nigga just keep a space freezer in your backpack, Put Used Themal Clips Into It And Reuse Them Instead Of Throwing Metal Bars Everywhere hahahahahahaha

>of course the japanese has swords that cut through armor
>

Uhh,

Attached: 1555604048194.gif (640x262, 78K)

If it isn't, then you have the same ammo capacity limit you have in modern guns, retard.

What if by accelerating the tiny sliver of metal to fucking RELATIVISTIC SPEED it effectively disintegrates into a bolt of really fucking energetic plasma.

>I also recall that the in game description states that the bayonets are made of tungsten carbide.
pretty sure the Codex says they're silicon carbide. Might have the same issue as tungsten carbide (I dunno), but here you are:
masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Omni-tools#Omni-tool_Weapons

Bullets don't get fired at 0.8c via sci-fi space magic, they use a fucking chemical propellant

>More importantly how does every weapon in the Mass effect universe get change over to thermal clips so quickly?

Because firearms in Mass Effect are minifactured instead of manufactured. A squad can go to the armorer and ask for a gun that was designed yesterday.

Except modern ammunition comes with a shitton of gunpowder and casing that is NOT projectile.
You get, at the very least, quintupled limits, if not 20x. And that's before genetic engineering and cybernetic enhancements and ammo carrying autonomous drones meaning they can effortlessly carry an ammo block of significant mass.

>THEY DON'T REALLY HAVE INFINITE AMMO LUL I'M SO SMART
>Uh we know they just have a block of mass they use to make the ammo in the gun. Their effective ammunition amount is so large that most soldiers don't need to worry about having enough ammo on the field.
>LUL THEY DON'T INFINITE AMMO
seems i took the bait

Attached: 1445101600337.gif (480x360, 1.61M)

>Videogames
>Logic
Stopped reading there

>A squad can go to the armorer and ask for a gun that was designed yesterday
sometime they don't even need to go to the armorer
>The Krysae's scope uses a rangefinder that adjusts to keep the target in proper proportion to the shooter, which comes in useful when the sniper is forced into close range. Its specialized ammunition is both armor-piercing and explosive. In a desperate move, the turians released its specifications over the extranet so that nearly anyone with a fabricator could manufacture this weapon to help the war effort
masseffect.fandom.com/wiki/Krysae_Sniper_Rifle

Attached: krysae.png (350x175, 62K)

>You're comparing European based iron ores to make steel. You have to consider Japanese iron ores and Japanese steel

Attached: 1566873956223.jpg (1024x1667, 354K)

lets see
>heatsinks are universal
>empty ammo for pistol, swap to smg
>still has "heatsinks" / available ammo
right
>first game played fine with the heat system
>you could use weapon mods and abilities to reduce heat buildup and increase cooldown
>game includes cryo ammo which also reduces heat
>other game includes cryo ammo and it does fuck all for heat buildup
okay
>game mentions geth using them to keep up a constant spray of fire which is more tactical
>you run out of ammo after five "clips"
>now you have no ammo and are no longer combat effective
>but "in my day" we could shoot as much as we wanted, only having to stop for a few seconds between huge bursts to let the weapon cool down
>if we were retarded and let the weapon overheat entirely we had to wait a bit longer - but it's okay! we could just swap weapon!
i see
>games like Too Human if anyone remembers that shit that's now illegal to sell
>had "ammo" in the form of heat or energy based
>your weapons would deplete or build up heat depending on the weapon used, and then refill / disapate heat so you could keep firing or shoot again
>game also included a slow manual reload that made you vulnerable for a few moments but let you immediately start shooting again
>why not just use this fucking mechanic and skip the controversy, allowing heatsinks to be a bonus item you can use for more DPS or simply a "power up" you can activate for temporarily infinite ammo / more damage
sure
>"it encourages healthy use of skills rather than just shooting"
>the first game had so many skills in it it makes the second and third ones look like a fucking featureless indie game, it also had grenades, which you could also apply weapon mods to
>"it also encourages the player to use more than one weapon type"
>the game devolved into a shitfest where you would either use the DLC SMG because it was great with ammo management and damage anyway, otherwise handicaps you for using, especially fun ones like snipers and handcannons

>space cannot receive energy

sssh dont tell them about radiation

>You get, at the very least, quintupled limits
Again, you're fucking retarded. You would be lucky to get triple the capacity. Triple the capacity of a modern mag is like 90 projectiles. Amazing "infinite" ammo you have there, retard.

Also, retard, you're replacing the weight of gunpowder with the weight of a solid metal rod made out of high-density material. The one thing that might actually increase 20 times is the weight of a single magazine, lmao.

>Their effective ammunition amount is so large that most soldiers don't need to worry about having enough ammo on the field.
Wrong, you fucking retard. You would arguably even't get triple the ammo carrying capacity of a modern soldier, because you have to deal with shitloads of extra weight that comes from the replacement of the light gunpowder and casing with super-dense metals like tungsten and DU.

Attached: saboted light armor penetrator.jpg (1024x768, 142K)

>it's really inconvenient to have our soldiers wait for their weapon cool down
>better to just have them wait to fish for a clip and then get reloaded
>and also get a rod of molten-hot metal ejected inches from their body

Attached: SHITposting.jpg (272x271, 59K)

You wouldn't download a gun

Oh I get it. You're a retard.

Attached: tumblr_n3zouiMQlb1tpsowyo1_400.gif (300x164, 1.48M)

Man you're going to flip when you learn about casings in real life.

The bullet makes up only 1/3rd the mass of the ammunition cartridge. So yes, we get triple as a base.
Now, remember that humans are much stronger at this future point, and mass manipulating technologies for the transportation of superheavy objects is available too.
So! Yeah. You do have a 20x heavier magazine. And it's 3x as efficient. So instead of 30 shots, you now have 1800, and can carry it easily, because you are a super strong space man.
Remarkably volume efficient, don't you think?

the first game had a bug where weapons would overheat and not cool down, it made beating the last boss realy fucking hard on pc

my head cannon is that they made thermal clips to fix that bug

Casings don't get hot enough to glow or flash weld to your skin dude

It is kind of funny that their guns have heat problems because of the mass drivers, yet they're all covered in carbon fiber bullshit that helps to trap heat. The G36 had this problem just with normal rounds and a standard firing rate--it overheated and people died. If heat were that much of a problem, they would have built effective heat sinks and the guns would have floating barrels, barrel shrouds, open-bolt type feed systems, etc..

But they do get hot enough to burn.

The guns collapse in on themselves. They're cooler on that alone. The best sci-fi guns are the retro laser rays from the 50's.

That's because you're a straight fag. Mass Effect has tried, more than any series outside of the most autistic simulation games, to actually be realistic when it comes to things like heat in space and making truly futuristic small arms in an interesting and conceivable way. Most games don't give a fuck about shit and it's all completely Star-Wars-level retarded. You should be praising them for even trying, as especially with this post:
This is fucking impressive that they got so many elements right. I'm not even sure about the ceramic thing, but the way you say it makes me dismiss you like the pretentious twat you probably are. Who gives a fuck if they got that one detail off? The radiator arrays and droplet coolant systems are real and it's fucking cool they even acknowledge that as most games don't give two shits.

Wait they were talking about force ejection of heat, not any sort of casing. The ME guns don't have bullet casings since they're just shavings off a block of space cheese, I thought. Heat ejection would be more like hot steam or some shit, I think. That's the only physical way to cool off the chamber.

Right but they're clearly not equivalent because, while you can get burned by casings, they don't present a horrific health threat like a thermal clip, which is many times larger and hotter, you see?

>tripling the ammo carrying capacity of a modern soldier means he has infinite ammo
Clinical retard.

>So instead of 30 shots, you now have 1800
What the fuck am I reading? Instead of 30 shots per mag you get 90. Ammunition carrying capacity is not only a problem of weight, but also size. Can you even imagine how much space 1800 rounds occupy?

Picrelated is the basic loadout of a US infantryman: 210 rounds in 7 magazines. Forget the weight, we can assume you can carry an infinitely heavy load because space magic. Look at the fucking space the ammo occupies. Even if we assume that each mag now carries 3x the rounds, you still get only 600 rounds. There's not enough space on the soldier's body to carry significantly more than he is already carrying.

This infinite ammo bullshit works only if you have a fucking bag of holding that opens into a pocket dimension where you can stuff objects of any size, lmao.

Attached: m4 loadout.jpg (1024x685, 192K)

>THEY DON'T REALLY HAVE INFINITE AMMO LUL I'M SO SMART
>Uh we know they just have a block of mass they use to make the ammo in the gun. Their effective ammunition amount is so large that most soldiers don't need to worry about having enough ammo on the field.
>LUL THEY DON'T INFINITE AMMO
>Yes we know we already established this.
>NOT INFINITE
>We know
>NOT INFINITE
>We know
>NOT INFINITE
We know.

Attached: youtried.png (500x475, 131K)

That's not an argument, son.

i just absolutely fucking hate how punishing the ammo limits in ME2 and 3 for fun handguns like the Carnifex
wasn't the whole point of heatsinks the interchangeability?

Neither was explaining why you are technically correct in saying it's not infinite ammo. You've just been shouting it's not infinite ammo in different ways over and over.

These are the writers that said Legion think at the speed of light. To put that in human readable scale that's like saying he counts 1-10 at 30 meters per hour. I think they meant to use a different metric like hertz instead of c but sci-fi gonna fi.

Ok, saying "retard" a lot aside: Realistically speaking, how much damage would a grain of sand sized piece of tungsten travelling at say mach 10 even cause?
Would it leave a huge hole in things/vaporize softer targets or just a teeny tiny grain sized hole doing not much damage at all?

Against a person i'm not sure, but i do know that small bits of debris can damage satellites considerably if not just out right destroy them.

Yeah you're not going to get everything right, but most game writers don't give a flipping shit about any of this enough to even try. They insert generic space ship that flies like a jet, and use generic sci-fi tropes all day without even trying to be realistic or make up a creative, believable technology. Mass Effect is impressive in that regard, especially since at it's core it's basically just a Bioware RPG.