How to make a "hard" boss/enemy according to Memezaki

>give them massive amount of hp or multiple hp bars
>give them infinite stamina
>make them able to kill the player in one or two hits no matter how much hp the player has or what armor they're wearing
>artificially delay the wind up to their attacks to bait the player into dodging prematurely
BRAVO A-TEAM!

Attached: 220px-Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (220x263, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5ouiLapNaC0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>boohoo it's haaard
git gud faggot

Imagine being a DaS2 or 3 fag and constantly fighting over who gets second to last place

Which boss are you stuck at, OP?

>you can only dislike something if you're stuck at it
Why are from drones like this?

>final boss is still easy as shit for "story reasons"

Ok this was sort of interesting in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, but it shouldn't have just become a series tradition.

Attached: SoulOfCinder.jpg (1200x1575, 1.13M)

>the majority of bosses are significantly larger than the player character so they look more intimidating and also have way more reach
Are there any games which invert this and you get to play as the giant instead

>massive amount of hp

I'm struggling to think of a boss in any From game that took more than a few minutes to kill. The games are always properly balanced so that you're doing the right amount of damage for the stage of the game you're at. Unless of course you haven't been levelling or upgrading properly because you keep losing your souls/echoes before getting a chance to cash them in.

That kind of design doesn't fit action games very well. Happens in RPGs though.

Attached: 1567081674286.png (1053x653, 61K)

t. filtered by vordt

Cinder was waaaay harder than Gwyn and Nashandra. He took me hours to beat.

>massive amount of hp
To ensure you actually know how to fight them instead of just lucking out.
>give them infinite stamina
Irrelevant as their attack patterns are designed to accomodate your stamina bar
>make them able to kill the player in one or two hits no matter how much hp the player has or what armor they're wearing
Health bars are for mobs and not bosses. Bosses are skill checks. If you need a bloated health bar to beat them then you're not skilled enough to proceed.
>artificially delay the wind up to their attacks to bait the player into dodging prematurely
Stop dodging as an automatic response and actually read the animation. Sounds to me like you can't adjust to changing circumstances and so you just spam the dodge button as soon as the enemy twitches.

Once you finally git gud you'll feel much better about all this and you'll look back and realize what a goddamn crybaby you were the whole time.
If you never git gud and you give up then that's fine too but there's no reason to bash the game just because you didn't beat it. It's just not for you then.

>GIT GUD XDD
Not an argument, reddit autist.

Attached: aNAdr54_700b.jpg (500x584, 71K)

Wiener water OP wouldn't make this post if they weren't butt hurt

There were plenty of arguements prior to it.

>give them massive amount of hp or multiple hp bars
You only run into this if you’re not upgrading your weapon at all. I haven’t seen bosses die this quickly since patched DS1.

fucking zoomers jesus

I'm sure the whole "git gud" meme only started as a response to people who didn't even pay attention to the actual arguements and only got triggered by the suggestion they might not be skilled enough.

You also do a lot more damage compared to DS1. It's basically just inflating values.

dark souls 3 is the best one, tho

Kinda agree with the stamina and awkward timing. I wish they'd improve on it.

This is basically how all Sekiro crybabies sound as well

He's tricky if you play the light armor, fast rolls style like I do, since he hits hard and has those delayed bait attacks. I'm sure he's easy if you go for a walking tank + shield build.

Honestly based
I love the souls series
but the latest games, DS3 & BB feel like bullshit
I'm probably just jaded from playing too much

I think so too but only because of the pvp.
Dark Souls pvp was just trash and mostly just you either killing a helpless newbie or getting gimped by twink.
Dark Souls 2 was the same except they had duels, but I don't care about that.
Dark Souls 3 you almost always connect to a scrub who's being carried by two phantoms and punishing them for it feels good and justified. Even if they were specifically ganking invaders it was fun because usually ganks are shit at the game.

While it isnt perfect, I prefer it over the other way devs add difficulty.
>been 5 seconds?
>spawn more small enemies
>all of them

this is why from ruined other games for me
no, spamming 10 of the same generic enemy is not good design

Name one boss

Not him but Cinder and even Gwyn are clearly intended to be challenging. They're a far cry from true king allant.

based git-gud poster

Don't you mean false Allant?

theyre just using the word "artifically" for anything now i guess

No, he means the free win blob.

Possibly, it's been a while since I last ran through DeS
I mean the boss that's helpless, unlike Gwyn and Cinder which actually put up a fight.

I forgot that he's the actual final boss.

>Last boss
I always count DLC bosses as the last ones as they were released later.
Midir and Gael are fucking retarded.

Midir is the best boss in the series

I'm not denying it, he's just got retarded size and number of moves.

Wrong. Friede is.

please OP tell us how to make something truly challenging
I'm sure you're a fucking master of game design.
Let me guess, stuff that kicks your ass are shitty mechanics and the shit you like is good right? This is pointless whiny fucking post, stop playing it.

Attached: 1476685439748.jpg (465x364, 27K)

Haha all these drones sucking miyazaki's dick .how does it feel being this retarded bros?

>massive ammount of hp
no one have this besides 1 boss peer DaS (which i dont remember)
>infinite stamina
i know , its shit
fuck off with the others 2 , learn to play retard

Imagine being this BTFO by a game.

Sounds like a das2 boss

Friede is A tier to Midir's S

It's hours of fun.

Wrong
Maiden Astraea is the best bost.

>play a video game
>suck at it
>instead of learning get utterly assmad
>come to veeee
>throw a hissyfit
>everyone laughs at you
>seethe even more
Calm down, you'll gen an aneurysm.

Nowhere near as good as covetous demon

Yes those are ways to make a one on one boss fight hard
What do you suggest as an alternative op? Or are you just being a faggot as usual?

O dios mio, el hombre de paja

Attached: elHombreDePaja.png (645x773, 21K)

How do you want to "surprise" a modern player though?
At least from does't add difficulty levels and tries to make a game that would be interesting for a couple of playthroughs (even sekiro counts kinda).

All things considered, FROMs approach to challenge is far better than any other dev i can think of.

Attached: 374847262837.jpg (2560x1920, 1.72M)

Give some examples of good games then.

>American release of Demon's
Good meme my friend, good meme.

well then do I have the perfect game 4 you, play dragons dogma and everything you mentioned will actually be awesome

This fight was absolute KINO I found out later the final phase variant changed its attack patterns depending on which of the two you defeat first. He does the huge meteor one which is arguably more deadly than the laser
youtube.com/watch?v=5ouiLapNaC0

Such a great fight and showcase of what Pyromancy is all about.

Sekiro rejected that tradition and it was glorious.

why are you black?

Gwyn was supposed to be hard apparently, but the parries were too strong.