Why do people say him killing a thousand guards is "ludonarrative dissonance"...

Why do people say him killing a thousand guards is "ludonarrative dissonance"? He killed those people out of self defense, not because of sadism or cruelty

Attached: NathanDrake-U4.png (1064x1384, 1.9M)

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2012/04/30/damn-spiders-uncharted-3-drakes-deception/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: elena2.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

I don't understand it either. In 4 all the characters show they understand how risky his escapades are and are probably aware he's still alive due to sheer luck

I'd say he's a sadist. or at least as sociopath

>break into places to pillage their stuff
>murder everyone
>"Great googly moogly, I could have been a goner LOL!"

There are many circumstances in each game where he ambushes and kills guards of his own will

The problem is he nor any of his friends show any remorse or hesitance at all.
It's especially funny in Uncharted 4 when, upon learning her husband snuck off behind her back and killed around 200 people, she's like "omg you lied to me :(" rather than like "holy shit he's back to bathing in blood for some vintage trinkets again"

Why is it always mass murderers who get the best cuties?

>snaps somebody neck form behind
>goes on to whisper a joke to himself as the dead body hits the round
gee I wonder why anybody would ever call him a psychopath!?!?

Because nowdays game designers are detached from reality retards. Same thing happened to nuLara who is basiclly a murderous psyco, yet you can't say the same about old Lara

He is pretty much insane I doubt he has any feelings or soul for that matter

>break into places to pillage their stuff
>murder everyone
the only times he kills natives is those Shambala freakazoids in Among Thieves, isn't it?

>Same thing happened to nuLara who is basiclly a murderous psyco, yet you can't say the same about old Lara
What?

He also killed the yeti in that game lol

He knows what he must do to gain what he wants. He knows guards are going to shoot him dead and most of the time its self defence from multiple people against one person. Its definitively better than thr Tomb Rauder reboot where the whole point of the story is her "OMG I killed a person" that doesn't stop neither in the third game.

>Implying you wouldn't murder a few hundred people just to get a magical artifact that's worth millions

It's because straight after gunning someone down he will shout one liners and makes jokes, and shows no remorse or regret for all the killing he does.

>never gets magical artifact in the end anyway

what a chad psyco

>He also killed the yeti
the yeti was a shambala freakazoid in a suit tho

I wouldn't. Not everyone is a degenerate like you.

people are too used to batman levels of stupidity where the good guy doesn't kill even serial killers who can get out of prison easily

He does though in Uncharted 4. The epilogue shows he became rich and has become somewhat of a celebrity thanks to his reality show

>makes jokes after shooting at people
so he's your average grunt in literally any military

Of course he didnt feel guilt. He was a street urchin raised into the life of a criminal by Sully, and deluded into believing he was Nathan Drake's descendent, why the fuck would he care he killed a bunch of fellow criminals for the prize? He spent most of his life around psychopaths

Those moments are all well after its established that those guys are out to kill him on sight. In the Uncharted 2 prologue, he knocks out the museum guards who will only try to arrest you if they spot you.

Francis Drake's descendent*

Also he never kills it. Lazaravich is the one who kills the "yeti".

I never played 4 because it was pozzed.

You're so cool user

Never played the TLOU DLC either. I jumped off the Naughty Dog ship right before they went full SJW. God I love myself.

Attached: eK7jAlQ.jpg (680x535, 80K)

>doesn't play the best game in the series because a girl wouldn't ask him out or some shit
lol

>best game in the series
>"nah forget all the cool supernatural shit from the previous games, uncharted is realistic now. Oh btw a skinny little black woman could totally beat the shit out of two grown men who have probably killed a thousand people between them."

>nah forget all the cool supernatural shit
uncharted never utilized the paranormal aspects well. uncharted 1 had boring fast zombies, uncharted 2 has those natives who were unfun to fight, and uncharted 3 had those godawful drug trip sequences.
>Oh btw a skinny little black woman could totally beat the shit out of two grown men
spoilers: she loses that fight!

seething

>>best game in the series
>>"nah forget all the cool supernatural shit from the previous games
there was no supernatural shit in 3. The twist was literally "haha there were some drugs in the water that made everyone hallucinate djinns"

>killed a thousand people
*with guns

>kills people for monetary gain
>never shows regret for a single kill
he's 100% a sociopath.

>best game in the series
>hey remember the brother that was never mentioned in any of the previous games?
>hey remember when uncharted 3 revealed that Nate was pretty much a nobody larping as Drake's descendant? Lol no now he and his brother are actually the sons of stonk womyn explorer

>watching gameplay of the old TR
>accidentally scroll to the comments
>"Wow she used to be a psychopath. I'm glad she is now suffering in the new games."

Uncharted was never known for its story, like the plot of the first three games are essentially the same (also realize that Nathan and Elena married three times)

He killed like 10 buff dudes who were like a foot taller than him, with his bare hands.

There were also the giant spiders

>remember that girl who was a decent character and contrasted with Elena? well woman didn't like her for being attractive and she wasn't black enough for this game, so she isn't in
>also, neither is that guy from 3

You played movie games in the first place so you're still a cuck.

>neither is that guy from 3
Because he was off filming the hobbit movies

chloe? she got her own game

He was larping since the first game did you even pay attention

Chloe got upgraded

Attached: 1550611812974.jpg (2784x3112, 2.13M)

Not supernatural, sadly
>The explanation

>Lemarchand told me that the Naughty dog team had been trying to do the spiders ever since the original Uncharted game in 2006, and they finally had the graphics and physics technology to do them right in Uncharted 3. He thought they would “scare the bejeezus” out of gamers.

>The jar of spiders was placed in Marlowe’s lab to alert the gamer that the spiders had been bred. The secret society was in charge of guarding ancient sites, and the spiders were their way to ward off unwanted treasure hunters.

>That was why the spiders appeared whenever an ancient artifact was being stolen. It was also why the spiders didn’t attack the leaders of the secret society, Marlowe and Talbot. The mercenaries, however, were subject to attack if they threatened any artifacts.
venturebeat.com/2012/04/30/damn-spiders-uncharted-3-drakes-deception/

Even that shit is cooler than whatever the fuck we got in 4.

>oooh pirate town except they all betrayed each other.... what a shame.... really makes you think.....

>tfw you realize Jon Peters was behind the Uncharted games all along

If they did anything more complex than that your peanut brain would call it pretentious and you (don't) know it.

Kinda neat.
Even if it's not supernatural in itself at least it still has elements of supernatural fuckery. The spiders were created with intent to fool people into believing there was something otherworldly going on. I wish 4 at least had something like that going for it, spookiest thing we got was crazy pirate man going on an interior decorating spree with body parts. Now that I say it though that is pretty spooky, just not convincingly "supernatural"

The ghoul guys were honestly a high point of the first game.

Weebs will use any excuse to shit on superior Western games

Anyone who ended that many human lives without nary a care, in self defence or not, is clearly slightly mentally disturbed.

also in Uncharted 4 he pretty much breaks into an action and starts murdering guards once he gets caught, and spends the rest of the game killing hired soldiers involved in an archaelogical excavation, who aren't really bad guys or doing anything bad except just looking for ancient treasure.

Even worse, his brother was pretty much offered a direct opportunity to help them and be involved, and he just shrugged it off and continued on killing them... for some reason. Nathan is clearly the bad guy in UC4, and it's not even intentional, (((Neil Druckman))) is just a shit writer.

If you sneak in to someone house house and thzn kill him in self defence, than it is not realy self defence but murder.

He only killed mercenaries and pirates in the game. Drake was never a moral fag anyway though. His whole character arc is always him transitioning from a selfish dick thieve to doing a good deed and making the moral choice under a circumstance. He didn’t fully become a upstanding person until end of UC4

thats stupid
also,i doubt that you know about writing

I've never played this series. What's an example of some post-mortem quips or despicable actions he does throughout the games?

Cute and Funny

Attached: laAbJzG.jpg (1200x675, 93K)