Final Fantasy VIII Remaster

>Sept 3 is 5 days away

We're almost home bros...

Attached: tumblr_m6tbuvK92c1r98xe8o1_500.gif (500x368, 943K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=liHKeemjdbI
youtube.com/watch?v=MtMGzG_91fY
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/71240?page=7#Sidequests/Mini-Games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wait, is this actually a thing? I understood skipping 6 for the money printer that is 7, but now they're just skipping it entirely?

Remaster, not remake.
FF7 is getting a remake, 8 has a remaster.
youtube.com/watch?v=liHKeemjdbI
youtube.com/watch?v=MtMGzG_91fY

>Censored
No thanks.

Desperately trying to finish up my first playthrough of VII in time so I can join in on the shitposting

I'm on the section where you return to Midgar and I just fought Heidegger's robot. How much I got left?

Looking forward to pirateing it I'm not paying for this game a 3ed time I still own a original copy of this on PC and PlayStation

I honestly be happy to buy it if there was a physical copy of the game released I just don't like buy digital games

I never played 7. I started with 8.

They updated the graphics to look sharper it seems like. Don't know how they did it if they lost the source code though.

Attached: 1566098611776.jpg (600x911, 248K)

>How much I got left?
After Midgar 2 there's only the North Crater.
But there's a ton of side content you can do after Midgar 2.

Man, I thought there'd be at least a little more left than that just because I still haven't really found a good place to farm AP and gil. I expected to be getting more than 200 AP per battle in the final stretch of the game

Farming is all in side content, there's a TON of side content that's also lore/story critical you missed out on/will miss out if you don't do it.

But how ethical is it?

I hope they've covered everything up?

>No more triangle faces

Attached: apu.png (657x527, 13K)

Gold saucer doesn't exactly seem lore critical, but if you say so. I did see those caves that I figured out that I needed the special chocobo to get into, so I'll take your word that there's something interesting in there other than Knights of the Round since I already know about that

>he thinks Gold Saucer is the only side content
lol

What's censored?

The fuck is there to cover up?

Attached: 1558524257099.jpg (1668x2368, 568K)

Huh??

Attached: 947.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

bruh
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/71240?page=7#Sidequests/Mini-Games

If I own it on steam am I getting a free upgrade?

The new models look like shit. Only humanoids, some bosses and GFs have new models. The rest, including all the monsters, have the old low poly models. It's an inconsistent mess. Just look at that 20 minute gameplay video.

I ain't looking at any guides till after I'm done with the game

Long story short, there's a lot of missable shit some of which is extremely obscure.

Maybe I'll actually finish it this time, instead of getting bored and dropping it.

I reckon, but I somehow stumbled onto Tifa's date scene even though I heard Aeris's is apparently more common and managed to pick up both Yuffie and Vincent without knowing about how to acquire either so I feel like my odds are pretty good

Did you find out about Vincent's backstory? Did you find his waifu?

When did you get bored? Explored the world and feeling comfy, playing triple triad, and just walking around cozy towns are some of the best parts.

Attached: 8ts757uch0i31.jpg (1920x1175, 635K)

Nope, though he's with me at Midgar and I remember him being pissed at Hojo, so I was thinking it might trigger there. Also found Wutai, but that's hardly difficult for most first-timers, I'd imagine

It's not automated, it's obscure as shit and you probably won't figure it out without a guide

did they actually change anything other than graphics?

i hate their retarded scaling where being low level and rushing through shit is better than grinding

No

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

only based tod did something like that

I really enjoyed the fmv graphics in eight. Why the fuck are they redoing with the new shitty graphics style?

Rinoa's cleavage and Siren so far. Who knows what else.

The GFs for example are highly unethical.

They covered up Rinoa?

Attached: images.jpg (158x319, 9K)

Yeah she has far less cleavage showing in the remaster.

need proof

Look it up yourself. It isn't hard.

Considering how pixellated Rinoa was in the original game, you could really see the cleavage. Does Selphie still show her long legs, have a short skirt, and display a peak of panties?

Attached: 8797.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

>Squall chose Rinoa instead of this beauty
What a faggot.

Attached: best looking guy ever.jpg (1080x1080, 64K)

It's just based on the CGI design now.

That "remaster" looks like a cashgrab and garbage

Pic related, they simply made the model actually look like the CGI.

Attached: FF8-Rinoa-final-fantasy-viii-7273580-640-448.jpg (640x448, 30K)

Daily reminder to not buy shit remasters that look overall worse than PS1 games.

Attached: Background CG.jpg (1918x2052, 660K)

Besides, she barely had any titty compared to Quistis

Removing cleavage isn't making it look more CGI you fucking faggot.

>Removing cleavage
They didn't remove shit, they just added the single strap on her robe around tit area just like she has in her CGI model.

I really dislike how they made her bangs one single mass of hair instead of various. It's not really based on FMVs in this regard, but on Dissidia. Only characters that have not been on Dissidia are saved from these slight, but annoying, design changes.

Quistis, Selphie or the guy that punches (can't be assed to remember) are done a fine job.

does the remaster make drawing less of a chore or tone down the level scaling?

You know you fucked up when the qhimm mods look better than your own official remaster

Attached: .........what.jpg (639x353, 32K)

Probably yes with the battle speedups or rather you learning how to get magic in a better way.
Probably not.

Nah. Squall may look off in the remaster, but he's nightmare fuel in any mod that tried to do an HD mod of him.

>or rather you learning how to get magic in a better way.

Card never worked for me
I sucked at the card game
I hardly got any drops for refining
Draw points took too long to recharge

I was fucked every possible way to get spells

>episodic
>quistis eyes censored
>no draw system
Fuck this remasted, I dont want to play part 1 balamb garden

Ha.

Squenix has made the graphics WORSE. The faces look like they're from Kingdom Hearts or some other cringe shit, and ALL the backgrounds have been blurred with a heavy gaussian blur filter.

Attached: Refine_Menu_1.png (640x480, 85K)

>drops for refining
Just spend some time on Island Closest to Hell and Island Closest to Heaven.

Attached: Rinoa 1920x1080 v3.png (1920x1080, 2.31M)

what part of
>I hardly got any drops for refining

did you not get?

yes they clearly did and you proved it

The card game is literally the easiest shit ever, and you don't even have to play in other places to get good drops, right at the start of the game you can get Tornado and oneshot literally anything in your way. All you need is the Ifrit card that you get no matter what you do, after that you just refine cards and you never need to draw magic ever again pretty much.
Retard.