I7 vs i9

What's the difference?

My dad said to get the latest CPU because its the essence of the computer and to replace it would mean replacing the computer in a sense, as opposed to other parts which are easily upgraded such as GPU

Attached: 223.png (300x100, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html
logicalincrements.com/
pcpartpicker.com/
techcrunch.com/2019/05/14/zombieload-flaw-intel-processors/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_cs=xbeypKwS4D9Hk7PCtFnDcg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html

>My dad said
Look at
logicalincrements.com/
pcpartpicker.com/

Attached: 1562927399758.jpg (1326x1093, 723K)

>What's the difference?
The price

Your dad is retarded and should stay away from technology more complicated than a TV remote

In a sense he is not incorrect. A new cpu means a new mobo (typically).
On the other hand, if you could post your specs we could point out what your bottleneck is.

I didn't buy the PC yet,but my dad recommended the i9 so its more futureproofed. The graphics cardwoukd be something like gtx1070 and all other parts medium tier

>model number vs model number
iunno maybe LOOK AT THE FUCKING CLOCK SPEED!?
jesus fuck dude
how many fucking gigahertz are you talking about here
fucking zoomers, christ

What are the advantages of a higher clock speed and Gigaherz?

>futureproofed
CPUs havent gotten faster in the last 6 or 8 years dude, Intel/AMD have just been slapping more cores and cache on them in desperate attempts to sell new CPUs.
We're forever stuck and bound by the limitations of silicon at around the 3~4ghz mark until we get quantum processors and cooling the average person can afford.

>What are the advantages of it being faster?

Attached: 1551823449849.jpg (640x480, 37K)

that's idiotic
GPU is the most important part games wise.
A top-end CPU like i9-9900K or R9 3900X will ALWAYS be bottlenecked by your GPU

....dude

i7- Good goy
i9- Number 1 Shabbos goy

In the future where we get quantum will it be a gigantic leap up immediately? I know there's various institutes trying a couple of methods.

My old 7700K was my bottleneck for most games back when the 1080ti first came out and that was still the top of the line processor, so I wouldn't say always.

>installing CIA backdoors in your PC
Get a Ryzen you fucking retard.

Just do yourself a favor and buy a Ryzen 7 or 9

Proof or fuck off

Intel chips have had serious security leaks since 2011 and it's still ongoing.
>techcrunch.com/2019/05/14/zombieload-flaw-intel-processors/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_cs=xbeypKwS4D9Hk7PCtFnDcg

>Microsoft, Apple and Intel and many others released patches to remove the vulnerability
Literally not a problem anymore

Intel CPUs have what's known as a "management engine" which can't be turned off. It has access to your network and also everything in your computer's RAM.

>implying there aren't more security leaks present already
Nigger Intel has a track record of security leaks and is known for deliberately installing backdoors on their chips.
Ever heard of Intel ME?
Don't be so naive. A quick google search yields tons of sources.

>not a problem anymore
Intel gets a new hole reveal every other week.
Every single one of those faults so far were on hardware level, with patches lowering performance

It got to the point where Intel's own performance comparison slides with AMD products are performed without security fixes, otherwise they'd embarass themselves

literal retard

i'm not a techfag but supposedly from the way it works we'll likely need entirely new operating systems and code to even make it run, so there's a good chance nothing we can use on x86/64bit systems will even run on quantum.
but we're at least a decade or two from the ability to cool that shit properly in the average person's house, there's only like 2 or 3 quantum computers (that we know of) in the world right now and they need dedicated rooms to run them.
at first it'll be like the 1980s where people were paying $5k for 33mhz processors.

quit typing and do some basic research, or this is bait. An i9 won’t do anything extra for gaming.