SA2

what are your thoughts on this game lads?

Attached: Sonic_Adventure_2_cover_4846.png (256x260, 135K)

Skip it and play the Gamecube version, it's better

I like Sonic Heroes and R

Ahem

Attached: 71CE4260-28B6-49CC-BD04-684DAC6F2613.png (254x242, 114K)

It's shit just like every other Modern Sonic game. If you want a good Sonic game play Mania instead.

Attached: 1559270584797.jpg (800x800, 183K)

Don't know, never owned a Dreamcast, how old are you people, I'm 26 and first console u owned was ps1

Terrible game only enjoyed by nostalgiafags and deviantautists. SEGA showing off how deathly afraid of making a short video game they are by making 2 ghastly, dull playstyles to go with the part of the game that you actually paid to play in order to pad time. Every single aspect is a downgrade from the prior game as well, even the music. I especially hate how Sonic/Shadow move so much more jerkily at high speeds in SA2 than Sonic did in SA1.

is there anyone autistic enough to prove him wrong?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 41K)

It's a beautiful work of art and it introduced the best Sonic characters to date.

He didn't like MG Rising either, fuck em.
>Hope he dies of crotch rot

Masterpiece. Good music, good graphics, challenging, replayable. Never spent that much time on a 3D platformer.

There has never been a good Sonic game.

Eggman has two of the best levels in the game so yeah

Oh no I'm sorry! We were both riding on the escalator and you were in front of me and the person behind me pushed me into you! And when he pushed me I was taking a deep breath so it looked like I was taking a sniff of your voluptuous cheeks but I wasn't! I was just taking a deep breath and the person behind me pushed me by accident and I smelled your asshole and stuck my tounge out by accident! What a horrible accident! I'm sorry!

post pic

pic

His review got ripped a new one so many times it's not even funny anymore

e-celeb shit goes to Yea Forums

A fun game that isn't quite as good as I remembered it being but still nostalgic and enjoyable.

I don't even disargeee that for the most part, on average, the mech and treasure stages are "dull", but that alone doesn't make it a terrible game: Fantastic speed stages and meh treasure/mech stages average out to good overall: not to mention some of the mech and treasure stages ARE good.

>Every single aspect is a downgrade from the prior game as well,

The level design for mech and treasure stages is better since it's actually designed around them.
Sonic and Shadow control more responsively and less jerkily, I don't know why you say the opposite.
I'd also say the soundtrack is better but that's subjective.
There's no time wasting overworld sections, just a level select.
Chao garden is improved
The rank system is introduced
more in depth mulitplayer

me

>Sonic
City Escape, Metal Harbor, and Green forest are all fantastic missions
Pyramid Cave and Final Rush are good/great
Crazy Gadget is Bad

>Shadow
Radical Highway and White Jungle are fantastic
Sky Rail is good/great
Final Chase is decent/servicable

>Eggman
Cosmic Wall is fantastic
Weapon's bed is good/great
Iron Gate, Lost Colony, Sand ocean are decent/servicable

>Knuckles
Pumpkin Hill and Meteor Herd are fantastic
Wild Canyon is good/great
Death chamber is decent/servicable
Aquatic Mine is bad

>Tails
Mission Street is good/great
Route 101, Prison Lane and Hidden base are decent/servicable
Eternal Engine is bad

>Rouge
Dry Lagoon is good/great
Security Hall, Route 280 and Egg Quarters is decent/servicable
Mad Space is bad

Cannon's Core is probably averagging out to good overall.

So combined, most missions are either fantastic are good/great, a little less as many are decent/servicable, and you have a few bad ones. So overall on average, the game's soemwhere between decent and good also then have the chao garden, all of the alternate missions, the MP mode, the fucking 10/10 soundtrack, etc, which bumps it up further.

>Sonic
Only mediocre level is Metal harbor because of the last section. Climbing that rocket really shows everything wrong with that fucking camera gameplay. All other levels are great.
>Shadow
Right
>Eggman
Cosmic wall is way too long. Weapon's bed is kinda lame. Iron gate/Sand ocean are good. Lost colony should be renamed Lost Kino.
>Knuckles
All good but water sections are terrible
>Tails
All good
>Rouge
Mad space is terribad, Security hall is kino, Dry lagoon is quite meh, Egg quarters is good.

Cannon's core has a lot of problems
Routes level are just bad and you can't defend them.

The exact point where the series became unsalvageable. Both from a gameplay standpoint and the fanbase it irreversibly affected. While certainly not the ideal 3D transition, SA1 still retained that sort of dream-like whimsy from the Classic games to a certain degree, while SA2 went full realism and Shonen shit, which sucked all the charm out of the series. SA2 set the precedent that this type of Sonic game was acceptable, and without it we'd never have gotten the two games that did the most damage to the series' reputation: ShadowTH and Sonic '06. The former because it's a direct sequel to SA2, and the latter because if we only had SA1 to work off of, Sonic '06 would've been more akin to Unleashed's story in tone. Meanwhile since SA2 exists we instead got a big dumb Shonen plot, furry romance, and Sonic unironically fucking dying. And while this is definitely amusing to watch, it turned the series into a fucking joke. 13 years later and people STILL reference this travesty. All because SA2, and its subsequently spawned games, made it okay for the writers to even entertain such a plot idea.

All this, and that's not even getting into the gameplay implications it had on the series. Such as the shift in focus on completely linear and spectacle based stages for Sonic, for starters. Also further cementing the idea that having multiple playstyles is an A-OK idea and that the characters shouldn't all simply play like a variation of Sonic with different stats and abilities. The damage is so great that right now you've got zoomers reading this (who, when replying to this post will pretend to be boomers) who will say that idea is "boring", when the alternative is part of the reason why people shit on SA1 and 2.

I could go on and on, but SA2 had an overall net negative impact on the series. After SA1 it could have been recoverable, but sadly, SA2 was the point of no return.

Attached: BUTT YOU CAN HARDLY SWALLOW.jpg (404x353, 46K)

When everyone agrees the best stage is the first and easiest stage, that is a really bad sign.

The best Sonic game, but that doesn't say much.

>SA2 went full realism and Shonen shit, which sucked all the charm out of the series

Except SA2's execution of it was good, unlike Shadow, 06, etc.

>focus on completely linear and spectacle based stages for Sonic, for starters.

Except, again, SA2 executes it well, unlike SHadow, 06, boostshit, etc. I'll also note that SA2 doesn
't change the formula AS much as people say: Fundamentally the game is still about maximmizing and retaining speed and mometum, and making jumps, spindashes, etc at the right moments in the stage to do so. SA2 still also has shortcuts to reward mastery.

The only real difference between SA2 and prior games is SA2 provides speed as a baseline and gives more speed for mastery, vs prior games only giving speed with mastery. The stages are also more linear then the classic games, but not really much moreso then Adventure 1: Adventure 1's level design was arguably more linear, it just had short offshoot side baths with ring boxes here and there which were largerly pointless.

>multiple playstyles is an A-OK idea and that the characters shouldn't all simply play like a variation of Sonic with different stats and abilities

I mean unlike the above I can't say SA2 executed this well, since mech stages are almost all "meh to decent" and treausre stages range from pretty flawed to great, mostly averaging out in the same meh to decent area; but it's execution isn't as bad as people meme it to be.

-----------------------------------------------

Your entire post is moreso bitching about SA2 setting trends subsquent games handled poorly even if SA2 itself for the most part did them fine. So no, that doesn't ake SA2 bad nor does it even make it a point of no returen for the series, since a better designed heros or a hypotheticql SA3 could have done an even better job then SA2 at what it set out to do.

tl;dr you are just a faggot who is assmad at SA2's formula for not meeting your preconceived notions of what a sonic game should be

If by everyone you mean the people who never did more than story missions, normies, and people who played the game on youtube, you're right. People who really played the game just think the first music is great

Great game.

Really bad game with awful controls.

Mad Space can suck 20 million dicks.

Metal Harbor and green forest are just as good if not better. I'd argue pumpkin hill as well but that's sort of not comparable

>difficulty

irrelevant, easy things can be good and hard things can be bad and vis versa. The game also has a ranking system which encourages you to git gud.

Best Sonic game.

It's not 1/3 good or 33% good or some bullshit, 80% of the game is done well and enjoyable. This includes MOST (not all) of the treasure hunting stages and mech shooting stages. Fuck falsefags and fuck ecelebs who ragged on every second they couldn't play as sonic when the other play styles suit sonic perfectly.

Would've been better if the music wasn't so gay.

Love it. All time classic.

Phone posters dial in.