How mad were you when you first saw this trailer?

How mad were you when you first saw this trailer?
youtu.be/0fS24IxelBA

Attached: Tokyo_Mirage_Sessions_trailer_thumbnail.jpg (1280x720, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OK5-EIzDtKo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MTl8gDQiKiE
youtu.be/0fS24IxelBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You lied to me

Attached: 1553055128676.jpg (1024x762, 179K)

That aside, it was a cool game that was falsely advertised.

Absolutely seething

I wasn't mad, just disappointed.
I got mad after pirating it because people here insisted it was some hidden Wii U gem and it turned out to be generic as fuck.

not at all, I bought 2 copies

This
Excuse me Atlus
what the fuckshit is this?!

Attached: 77D3CFE3-7961-4A76-B824-5671B177827E.jpg (640x860, 76K)

More confused than mad. I still don't know what the fuck they were thinking. I think it's the best 3D RPG Atlus has ever made though.

Super fucking pissed.

We were promised a SMTxFE crossover and we got... that

Attached: [Commie] Senki Zesshou Symphogear - 01 [E6264EDD].mkv_snapshot_22.23_[2012.01.07_00.23.35].jpg (1280x720, 82K)

mad-mad
but the game is legit pretty good

Disappointed, I’m glad it sold like shit and fell to obscurity.

Holy shit I just realized Touma Akagi is literally Sylvain.

KOWOSHITAI

It's the best Atlus game

I still remember that shit as if it were yesterday.
>it's e3 2013
>Wii U has been out for a bit but I avoid buying one like the plague since the original Wii was a dust collector
>Decide to watch Nintendo's e3 for the hell of just for keks
>Suddenly see flynn and co. on screen with Fire Emblem
>Holy_shit.gif
>Realize with one trailer Nintendo just made me purchase the console for one game
>it's 2014 now
>purchase the Wind waker edition
>Get smash bros and pikmin 3
>both suck
>Get the 3d Mario game
>it's ok but way better with friends
>see that wii u is becoming a dust collector
>trick myself into thinking that'll it'll get better once I see the new starfox and SMTxFE
>Trailer for SMTxFE drops
>I lose my shit
>Realize (((Nintendo))) shekeled me again
>Well I'll at least give the demo of Starfox Zero when it comes out
It's 2015
>Demo for it drops and it's worse than I imagined
>Realize Miyamoto just sent this series to the grave permanently
>End up putting the Wii U in the closet
I barely took it out of the closet to play BOTW a few weeks ago since it dropped to $40. My gaympad had a huge layer of dusk on it but it still worked after I washed it off.

Attached: 1560120253491.jpg (550x710, 69K)

Beyond fucking mad.
Then I got mad at all of the retarded censorship.
Now I'm mad that it isn't getting a switch port

Fuck this game

I didnt even realize that it was supposed to be SMTxFE until Bill Trinen said it after the trailer and was quite indifferent until that point

Attached: 1548951118311.webm (720x480, 1.3M)

I forgot to say the wii u wasn't worth it. Although BOTW is a great game. I'm surprised the Zelda team still knew how to make good games after that shit-show that Skyward was. Also I like that the wii u version has better lighting.

>Wii U - Shin Megami Tensei & Fire Emblem Crossover
NOOOO FUCKING WAAAAAY
this is fake

I was more confused than anything.

>this piece of shit will get a Switch port before Wonderful 101

>posted on april 1st

They fucking knew

This
Still trying to push that persona shit on people who don’t want it

Just leave it in its WiiU shaped grave

so does it play like persona 5?
why was it never popular?
switch port when?

It wasn't what I was expecting, that's for sure. But the game looks fun! I might play it someday.

Is this one of the biggest bait and switches in the medium?
>Billed as a crossover of SMT and FE
>Turns into idolshit with FE characters and vaguely Persona-esque elements
>Then it gets censored in Japan right before release
>Finally, as if the earth hadn't been thoroughly salted for what piddly audience was left for this game, it was censored even more in its western release
It was like they were out to deliberately disappoint everyone who'd ever been interested in the game.

Attached: 1526005971437.jpg (844x617, 35K)

Finally, a REAL Shit Megoomi Tensay game, and none of that Persona trash.

Lots of people compare it to Persona because of how it looks but it's more like DDS + SJ.

>Is this one of the biggest bait and switches in the medium?

Yeah, it's more of a bait and switch than Snake being in MGS2.

Snake was still in MGS2, yet as a NPC under a different name.

Like NONE of the characters here did not appear in the game:

>so does it play like persona 5?
No, combat is SMT: Strange Journey mixed with some FE stuff.
>why was it never popular?
Little stuff related with both series and lame idolshit, plus the censorship and not even being capale of romance anybody was a blow against waifufags
>switch port when?
Get the he-hell out, ho.

Attached: 56a16502532aaa1ae69018c2f83af4a0.jpg (1428x2200, 2.8M)

>Play like persona
As in being turned based yes
Mechanically? Not really
>Why wasn’t it popular
Because the two games before it were dark passion projects full of violence, death, betrayal and doing anything for your country.
They took all that away to sell you fucking happy dancing bubble gum pop idols when Japan itself stopped caring about idols
>Switch port when
Fucking never thank god.

#FE is one of the best 3d Megaten game.

It's not even Megaten.

I thought it looked alright, despite the bait and switch, I guess I was also hopeful the game might have an interesting story. The censorship soured my opinion though and some of the spoilers I saw seemed so stupid I never even bothered playing it.

>Best 3D Megaten
Don’t make me break my foot off in your ass.

I feel like Skyward Sword was mostly Miyamoto's fault. He really pushed gimmicks and making games as retard proof as possible. At least skyward sword was so shit they ended up basically redesigning the series from the ground up (in some cases throwing the baby out with the bathwater but an overall net positive) so at least might take another decade for the series to become skyward sword levels of shit.
But yeah WiiU was honestly a good idea (menu management in pause screens is a pretty big problem with games that it fixed), with very poor execution both in making the hardware look and feel like wii-era stuff and most first party support using the touchpad in the worst most gimmicky way. Consoles only relevant games at this point are W101 and Xenoblade X, W101 might free itself from the system at some point if Kamiya could convince Nintendo to fund a port effort, but really the library is pretty fucking sad.

>Because the two games before it were dark passion projects full of violence, death, betrayal and doing anything for your country.
>They took all that away to sell you fucking happy dancing bubble gum pop idols when Japan itself stopped caring about idols
fucking sold
sounds great

>menu management in pause screens is a pretty big problem with games that it fixed
I love how they removed this from the wii u version of botw to give the switch version parity
fuck nintendo

Attached: 7257275.png (203x120, 4K)

Attached: 4D46D5C6-C26A-4584-89A3-9ABFDEE0905C.jpg (500x499, 143K)

Yes it is.

I guess it's your fault if you buy a console for a game without even knowing how said game looks like.

>None of the characters appear

Chrom does

so you own 12% of copies that exist

#FE didn't have demo.

Okay, so ONE character out of like 15-16 shows up

it's still a bad bait and switch

He was talking about the Star Fox demo.

It doesn't have demons so no, by default it's not Megaten. This is beyond dispute. Just because it has developers who have worked on MT does not MT make. It'd be like calling Chrono Trigger Final Fantasy.

When I was watching the entire trailer I did not want to accept that it was the same game, I honestly thought "Oh, more obscure JRPG stuff."

It was never popular because it was saddled to the fucking wii I while having nonstop controversy. However, I'm pretty sure enough time has passed to where it would probably do much better if given a port.

>watching the stream with a friend
>Kowashitai starts
>me: oh this must be SMTXFE
>friend:no way dude, you're insane
>mfw it was

Attached: marinette seriously.jpg (374x393, 21K)

*wii u

Not at all, to be honest. By the time I hadn't played a single FE so I just went "eh, guess we getting a new persona-like spin off".
I played the game and throughly enjoyed it, despite my inability to like P3 and P4. I look back at it and still enjoy it. Hopefully we'll get an enhanced port in the future or maybe a full blown sequel.

The demons are the Mirages. They basically function the same.

I actually wasn't mad, because I assumed the actual FExSMT game would come later.
In retrospect I would have been much angrier if I realized that this was literally it.

Attached: warr.jpg (1200x867, 211K)

good, it was better than echoes which I played around same time

Who was the intended audience for this, outside of general JRPG fans? From afar it looks like it's making an appeal towards idol fans, but when you play the actual game it's very safe and tame and almost feels more like a shitty shoujo manga.

kinda disappointed, but at least I learnt not to get hyped for a game that was barely in pre-production when it was annouced

Nobody knows, not even Atlus.

A shitty shoujo manga would at least have romance shit.

This.

Probably not. I remember reading this game sold even worse than the most niche SMT game.

My first look at the game, outside of the initial trailer, was this: m.youtube.com/watch?v=MTl8gDQiKiE
I was honestly more stunned than anything else

Attached: 33DFF7CB-711E-4794-A1F9-71F62A7A6699.png (1215x810, 50K)

Worst thing is those eating animations almost certainly were designed to take place in real time before, so the imbalance caused by chugging your inventory was previously solved.
Hopefully I'm right on that assumption as it would indicate Nintendo might realize it's an issue and correct it for the sequel somehow.

Are there any SMT references beyond general gameplay similarities?

I still don't get how FE + SMT = Idol shit.
God this game was such a fucking mistake.

In all fairness, wouldn't that just have been Devil Survivor with the Weapons Triangle?

I don't get why would would make an Idol focused game without dating elements.

I expected FE gameplay with SMT demons, but I guess that works too.

Devil Survivor with expanded social systems, FE gameplay elements (weapon triangle, equipment degradation, permadeath, limited resource grinding, etc.), and a medieval setting sounds great though. Particularly if the FE team brought their A game on map design since that's weak in DS.

KOWASHITAI HMMMMMM

There are some demon (and FE characters) cameos around the city but that's about it. And Maiko's clothes.

Attached: 2760619-2684117931-WiiU_-3306x4677.png (3306x4677, 3.04M)

Fuckton of them. Even at the first glance.

Attached: #FE_references.jpg (2380x1950, 1.82M)

We were promised Shin Megami Tensei mixed with Fire Emblem, but all I saw in that trailer was... CHEAPY THE CHEAPSKATE

Attached: Cheapy the cheapskate.png (954x644, 571K)

It came around time that Nintendo USA was absolutely batshit crazy with censoring. So i passed. If they release it on Switch with dual audio and no censor, and with lower price, i might consider buying it.

youtu.be/0fS24IxelBA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MTl8gDQiKiE
this is the gayest shit i've ever seen on Yea Forums

i wish you faggots would just leave the closet already

Daily reminder that waifushit is a cancer that has ruined more game series than feminists ever have, and should be resisted. Autistic beta waifufags will kick and scream and defend ALL waifushit no matter how bad things get, no matter how terrible the games. If it gets their dick hard: it's great. It doesn't matter to them how fucking awful the game is. They're exactly like furries who will hand over $100 for some piece of shit drawing just because it tickles their fantasies.

Remember, the future these NEETS want is a world full of Senran Kaguras. Dogshit games that get their dicks hard. These people need to go back to their hentai games and leave mainstream vidya alone.
People only interested in a videogame for a waifu, and willing to drop it because of a threat to the waifu content? Why the fuck should these people be catered to when they don't give a shit about the actual GAME? How is this any different to some idiot SJW who will only consider buying a game if it features a gay romance, and will then abandon it the moment it doesn't fall completely in line with what they needed to get their approval? Both waifufags and feminists don't give a shit about anything beyond being pandered to and they both need to fuck off.

>FE + SMT = Idol shit.

Attached: R8PE01-1.png (1700x1016, 378K)

fpbp

Pretty excited. I recognized it as FExSMT almost immediately, and when the game came out it was fantastic.

>demo
>miyamoto
Things that didn't happen.

t. ranny

Damn right I ain't touching that shit, glad it bombed hard.

This will be entirely ignored so people can keep pushing the lie that the game is not SMT.

>missed amazing game because he's a retard
Noice.

>defends unironic idolshit
dude, just suck your own dick already

Fpbp

I’d rather it just be a shitty manga and not taint the SMT nor FE’s name.

>Still no uncensored Switch port
FUCKING END ME GOD DAMNIT

Has there ever been a bigger troll in gaming than this aside from maybe MGS2?

Yes look you blind retard

sauce?

>idolshit
You don't have any idea what you are foaming at the mouth about, by your own admission. Just go back to /reddit/.

The game was a martyr for why Nintendo is anti censorship
Just leave it alone

>don't bother watching anything about the game because Yea Forums was shitting on it so hard
>finally watch the music video later
>I actually like it
>the outfit that I Yea Forums said was stupid but actually looked great gets censored
fuck is Yea Forums wrong about everything?

Did you even play it?
That question also works for the overwhelming mayority of people who shit on this game.

i unironically prefer TMS #FE to Persona 5, Fire Emblem Fates, Fire Emblem Three Houses, SMT IV etc
Japanese story telling in video games is melodramatic shit. It's worthless. But when it's done with a wink and a nod it redeems itself. And #FE never takes itself seriously.
Secondly, most JRPGs go on way, way too long. #FE is over in about 30 hours, which is perfect.

Fuck off weeb, nobody wants to play your idolshit garbage.

barry goodman the pedophile for smash, please

>putting reddit in forward slashes
go back any time faggot

It doesn’t take a genius to think the game looks like gay anime back street boys
Kill yourself faggot

Attached: F4C4B144-F6D4-4A21-8A25-BF7C20EA13F3.jpg (768x1024, 129K)

I'm an SMT and FE fan, sorry you aren't. Maybe there wasn't enough social bullshit and timewasting for your Persona loving ass.

Best thing to come out of the game, but since no one played it there's no fanart

Nah, looks like SMT with FE characters and story beats

>Fuck off weeb
>he says on Yea Forums
>whilst hoping he gets SMT5 from Atlus like the good goy he is
CANNOT BE ME

Attached: 1567017147246.png (640x630, 439K)

Cherrypicked references to SMT doesn't mean the game is at all like it.

Does it emulate well?
I never got a Wii u so unless they do a switch release I'll never get to play this game otherwise

There’s layers of anime
Afro samurai isn’t weeb shit it’s practically a western movie but drawn by nips

While Awooo shit is cancer

>c-c-cherrypicked!
>he screeched, having already admitted he didn't play the game and therefore has no reference for such lies
Half the game is SMT. The other half is FE. Stay stupid, faggot.

>Afro samurai isn’t weeb shit
I've never seen anyone less self-aware, goddamn.

>There's layers to anime
This is just what weebs in denial say to make themselves feel better

no no no, it's all weeb trash. there's no double standards or nuance to this. apples to apples.

The Star Fox Zero demo you FUCKING RETARDS

You're even more retarded than the stupid fuck who actually thinks that Afro Samurai is good.

One of the first games I got for my Wii U and it as pretty damn good. I'm not autistic enough to pull shitfits due to game trailers as long as the game itself is good.

Censorship bullshit aside, I honestly thought it was enjoyable as it’s own thing unrelated to SMT or FE.

Out of curiosity, what are your top 5 favorite games made past 2010?

>The game playing like SMT doesn't mean it's like SMT.

tell me how m.youtube.com/watch?v=MTl8gDQiKiE and this webm is NOT Idolshit

Attached: SMTxFE.webm (854x480, 2.43M)

I unironically thought it was an April's Fool joke.
That's how strong the cog disso was.

Mad and still mad. The few people who bought it are trying to push some lame agenda that it was actually a good game when it's not.

Because those references are hilariously minor to the point of not mattering at all.
It would be like saying a new FF game was megaten just because they decided to add SMT spell names and a star decarabia cameo in a random store along with a jack frost statue in a random city park.

I'm guessing the SMT and FE fanbases, but then they put off most of them by having so little to do with either series, and definitely not being SMT x FE, then they put off even more of the fans that were still interested by needlessly censoring the game, so by the time it actually came out nobody cared about it.

Well, people are still in the first stage of grief (denial) even 2 years later

I thought it looked really cool and I still wish for a Switch port.

>game set in medieval tokyo, abundance of wars
>a kingdom, in desperation for victory, forges pacts with demons and throws tokyo into further chaos, making its fields painted red
>a few years later, a group of warriors, composed of survivors of the demons joins together under their survivor prince to defeat the kingdom now controlled by the lunatic who opened the demon realm upon tokyo
>along the way, both demons and humans opposed to the kingdom will join your cause
>plays like a Fire Emblem game, same mechanics, humans can link themselves to demons, if so the human and the demon both will get stronger, they can use each other techniques, however if the human or the demon dies, its partner will be dead permanently along with him
Why did we get idolshit, what were they thinking

Very confused, but the actual gameplay turned out pretty fun. Barry was best boy.

Attached: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE.png (298x234, 111K)

>announce a cross over game between two franchises
>final product has nothing to do with either franchises
>alienate both audiences that was going to buy your game
>censor it to kill whatever little interest was left
golly gee i wonder why it failed miserably

Attached: DAILY-REMINDER.png (833x1000, 1.31M)

>4 years
Pretty much

Attached: tfw thingken of ernesta.webm (1280x720, 271K)

Attached: 1447767696556.jpg (480x410, 51K)

If you take 3 houeses and replace battalions with demons is exactly what i wanted

>final product has nothing to do with either franchises

I'm getting the feeling that not a lot of people played the game if they say things like this.

Should i play it?
Everything looks so fucking ugly.
The UI looks like it's full of placeholder shit

look at this teaser, look at how fucking cool this teaser is
the possibilities of what kind of fun, tactical, challenging gameit could've been where aspects from both series would mix together to give us something unique and entertaining
how do you see this teaser and think that the developers were saying "Alright so we are going to make it about J-Pop and there is gonna be singing and dancing because that's what fans from both these series want"
how were they so disconnected from the people to not know what it was they truly want, even someone who wasn't a fan of either series could see this teaser, see the actual game, and think "that doesn't seem like what the fans would've wanted"
its unreal that this game was actually made the way it was, unreal how they squandered one of the most interesting crossovers people would see in a video game

Attached: 1489702872069.jpg (272x185, 6K)

Glad it bombed and hope it doesn't get rereleased on switch and instead rots in obscurity forever.

Loved that game.

Attached: SMT #FE collage.jpg (4000x2243, 3.63M)

I was fat fuck studying for my analog circuits exam which I failed.

I remember watching Etika's reaction after it was aired.

Feepy Beepy

Attached: you (2).jpg (680x383, 54K)

>I'm getting the feeling that not a lot of people played the game
No shit? Maybe being exclusive to one of the most failed systems of modern video games had something to do with it?

I don't remember it but I didn't care for SMT or Fire Emblem that much so no big reactions from me. Though this game looks neither like Fire Emblem nor like SMT at all. It looks like one of those new JRPG games japan releases every once in a while. I bet the devs just wanted to make an original JRPG but they sold the idea like a crossup between Fire Emblem and SMT to their chefs to get it greenlit.

>look at this teaser, look at how fucking cool this teaser is
It's literally just still artwork from previous games with music in the background.

This. I mean the game was a flop even by Wii U standards.

I, personally, think it looks kind of cool and I'm sure many here will say I have shit taste, but whatever.

I think the thing that hurt it the most was the long radio silence and then KOWAISHITAI'ing out of nowhere. Had it been presented as such from the outset, there wouldn't have been as much backlash against it.

So why do they say things like "it has nothing from either franchise" like it's factual when it's wrong?

I get the game not being what people wanted it to be but it's been 2 years and you're telling people are still ignorant on what the game actually is?

>But the Wii U was unpopular!
That doesn't excuse not knowing the battle system when you could just look it up.

It's reference to that dancing attack in SMT

>tfw apparently the trailer teasing Marth and Demifiend being in the same game was created by Nintendo of America for the direct
>the japanese version just had a guy come out and say that the two teams were collaborating on a game
Why is ~2014 NoA the worst?

SeeThis game literally destroyed by NoA from it's inception

One of the few times I was actually seething over video games.

2 years later and it's still delicously cheesy.

disappointing it wasn't the real crossover we were hoping for, but it is still a good game and i hope it gets a switch port. it's not fair that it is stuck on the wii u.

Indifferent.

I assumed it was going to be more like Devil Survivor gameplay-wise but was surprised at the idol theme. The game did end up being fun since luckily I played in japanese so no censor shit.

I was pretty pissed. I've obviously simmered down since but I still haven't played it, half out of principle and half because I sold my Wii U

Attached: 1490380073015.png (227x367, 34K)

Manyakis

Sexy Dance?

Super pissed. FUCK IDOL SHIT and FUCK PERSONA. I wanted SRPG Demon army recruitment with a massive crossover of various Fire Emblem characters. Like other various mass crossover games. Instead I got original the character masquerading as FE characters with Persona

I love everything about the game and I'm gad I bought a Wii U to play it. It's as though the design document was literally just make a game that hit just about every thing for me. The battle system and weapon upgrades are enjoyable, they're pretty much just magical girl idols which is awesome, the little touches like each character showing up on the flower field in the pause screen and commercials playing for songs as you encounter them and posters showing up for new gigs the characters do, battle voice clips changing as the story progresses, one of the characters is voiced by the same VA as one of my favorite idol characters ever, the stupid magical brofist bonding to unlock skills, it's all great. I have no idea what possessed them to make this game but I'm sure glad they did.

Attached: 1558102037461.png (720x720, 325K)

I'll probably never play this game but I like how they turned Virion into Silver Chariot.

Attached: SMT_x_FE_Virion.png (980x1138, 745K)

Switch port when?.
It could sold more now thanks than anime fans have the switch.

>tfw we're stuck in the eternal cycle of "the latest FE game is the one that gets the most representation"
I like Virion, but he was only in #FE because he was the bow user in the most recent game at the time.
They also put him as a starter unit in the phone game, and we never heard from him again.

>shitch poer beggar
Remove yourself from this planet.

Snoy

seeing this for the first time on a direct, wondering what the fuck it was, and then looking at the tremendous asshurt when the realization clicked, is something I will never forget

I ignored the trailer because I thought it was just a generic cutesy jrpg, because there were a ton of those coming out at the time. But then the guy said "Yes, that is the Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei crossover!" and I made this face

Hi eric, don't you have astral chain thread to shit on?

Mamori is best girl.

Attached: Mamori Minamoto.jpg (1280x720, 143K)

Tsubasa's game flopped so now she has to do JAV to make ends meet.
Kirika became an alcoholic and is struggling with depression.
Mamori was kidnapped by some yakuza fuckers and was never seen again.

Attached: 1561592814926.gif (320x471, 104K)

fpbp

A bit mad, but then the game came out and it was the best Atlus JRPG in a long time, so it's whatever

At least is was Nintendo of Americas fuck-ups during the Wii U gen that got that faggot censorship-fapper Reggie out.

Attached: 1559537971683.png (841x849, 956K)