How did you like the demo?

How did you like the demo?

Attached: 20190829123746_1.jpg (1920x1080, 267K)

What was this game called again?

All I remember of it was that the main character wore the Dark Souls Black Leather plus Mirror Knight sets.

Attached: blasphemous-2100x1200.jpg (2100x1200, 335K)

Demo is good, basically what I expected
Blasphemous

Is the demo only on pc?

Liked it a lot. There's one mechanical complaint i have and that's charged attack being utterly useless which will probably change through upgrades like in Hollow Knight. At the very least it should be bufferable without harming your mobility.
Enemy design is really cool, dodge is very fast and adds a lot of mobility to the character and parries are pretty satisfying to pull off.

Too hard
I got killed by the guys with candles countless times

Why is 2d gore grosser than 3d?

Attached: 1549403570954.jpg (720x900, 36K)

too hard/10

I don't mind the combat at all, but going through a gauntlet of spike traps while also being chased by fireballs is not what I was looking for.

>fuck god
>gore xD
>souls like
It's trash.

Why does Yea Forums always get triggered by anti religious stuff?

Bre you're playing as a guy called "The Penitent One" he might actually want to fuck God in a platonic way.

Too slow and clunky for a 2D platformer 2bh. Especially considering that the enemies and traps are quite hard hitting. I can already imagine what kind of a slog it's going to be in later areas if the tutorial area is such a gauntlet.

Might grab on a sale down the line, but will pass for now for sure. Hollow Knight was so much better.

Didn't know there would be a demo but i've been eyeing this for a while
Thanks OP

Attached: 1560071303879.jpg (214x317, 14K)

The control have this long pause after every input making it quite weird to control.
Stuck at the first boss right now
AND WHO THE FUCK DECIDE TO USE THAT FUCKING FRONT
I CAN'T FUCKING SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1565658517315.jpg (1459x1218, 301K)

i always assumed it was discord invaders trying to falseflag

THERE'S A DEMO?!?!? WHERE?

Steam you fucking baka

Fairly clunky in terms of movement, enemies are way too easy to cheese.
Voice acting seems pretty mediocre for the most part, the sound design is serviceable in all other regards.

>The control have this long pause after every input making it quite weird to control.
Are you using a keyboard as well?
I thought it was just due to not using a controller.

fuck yeah
soc's gonna have to wait

Attached: musk_dabs_on_you.jpg (882x906, 66K)

Nope, PS4 controller, it's the game

Lemme try with my Dualshock 3 user, 3 minutes until done downloading the demo

The graphics style/palette really reminds of Genesis/Megadrive games for some reason. Pretty nostalgic and makes me think of stuff like Castlevania Bloodlines, Warlock and Chakan.

That terrible font needs to go though. Makes it super incredibly annoying to read all the lore/item descriptions, as I have to pause on each word and make out the shitty lettering.

Attached: 20190829124503_1.jpg (1920x1080, 241K)

OE DEVS i played your demo and overall it was great.
But why the fuck can i dodge bosses whenever i want? I don't get it so the boss doesn't becomes easy af or what?

bigot children & election tourists

*can't

One of my most anticipated games, the only question is how long it will be, if it’s 5-10 hours long it’ll be shit

bet you still jerk off to 40k fanfics though, you fat fuck

I dont know what this is but i wont play it cause he scares me

At least I'm not a godless atheist hipster.

Because your mind is filling in the gaps and imagination is a powerful thing.

>christian iconography everywhere
>the whole plot is the player character making penitence for his sins
>developer video literally states they took inspiration from spanish catholicism
>somehow it's all "fuck god"

What's the setting?

How many buttons does it require? I need to know if I can start with my SNES gamepad or use an inferior Xbox One controller.

Looks like your typical 16-bit dark fantasy platformer. But if you're young just think Castlevania.

I didn't, my guy
Too much zoomer souls elements

Uses all buttons of a typical modern controller. Even the right stick is used for camera control like in Hollow Knight.

God fucking damn it.

Wait, HK had camera controls? God fucking damn it.

Yes, you can look up/down with the right stick to see if there are any spikes/bottomless pits below before you make your leap of faith. Same here, and the game also uses triggers for dodging and spellcasting.

It reminds me how I hate platformer.

Pretty good, graphics look nice, music is good. Gameplay seemed tight, controls are good on a gamepad (why the fuck would someone use a keyboard for such a game). Difficulty is ok, hope it gets more challenging later on cause I only died once on my first try of the boss fight.

Attached: c7e586e95af3f2a4c1144e404213b6c9f178f9fb5f69194835f43105e784de3f.gif (540x304, 811K)

Wish this game had a bit more hype. The pixel art is really incredibly high quality. The gameplay is a bit of a try hard though, but eh, souls fans will eat it up.

Attached: 20190829123654_1.jpg (1920x1080, 298K)

>The control have this long pause after every input making it quite weird to control.
You mean hitstop?

Alright, just finished it.
Fucking Dead Cells has spoiled me with the smooth controls, this one feels a bit slower.
I used a PS3 controller and noticed some lag as well
Pixel art looks great, and overall I liked it

boring, bland, overdressed, too much hyped and priced like 4-star grade salmon, and above all - IT'S FUCKING RAW!

Attached: fuckyourlittleplatformhipsteryshit.gif (500x376, 1.08M)

"creators of last door"
literally fucking what

Point and click adventure game with really low resolution sprites.

Yeah, they keep driving this home real hard, but nobody heard of that game to begin with.

You get invulnerability frames even if you dont go through the boss, I don't know if that's what you're asking for.

Does this game have contact damage?

_no

Yes

Attached: 1558241955614.webm (224x312, 1.95M)

How much will it cost at release?
I only found an article saying it was 20~25 bucks

I'm so fucking tired of the Soulsvania style. Bleak and edgy fantasy with the open world like design and checkpoint system. Then throw in the usual trope of dropping something where you died. It lacks originality but the game does look nice and played pretty well. Hopefully the skills open the game up more to differentiate more from the beyond overplayed Souls like formula.

I think there's some small delay but nothing that bothers me much

No, but if you touch the enemies while they're in the middle of attacking animation, there're some miniscule damage

I enjoyed it and placed it twice

Why do people tend to shit on The Penitent One's design? It's really unique and cool looking

The parry felt really inconsistent, the shopkeeper talking everytime was really annoying and the intro animation for the boss was stiff as fuck.
Other than that it was really nice.

>Soulsvania
Yeah to be honest I'd rather this was an Igavania where you just explore a huge world without all the try hard meme bullshit. When will this shitty fad finally pass?

I thought it was easy as fuck and boring.

You've made this exact post in yestarday's thread, you fucking faggot.
Get a life.

because its blatantly stolen bits of DS2 with a strap on attached to his head

good game tho

I have played platformers/metroidvanias for so long that it's like most games in the genre feels the same and only few are spotlights. That said, I was looking forward for this for how cool the concept art and design looks but it feels incredibly bland and slow. Castlevania is a dark fantasy platformer that have a unique touch to it.

just played and finished it twice
i think it sucks how you can take damage just by walking into an enemy, especially when you're trying to dodge and there happens to be an enemy walking right where you finish your dodge. this isn't some old nes game where enemies can only walk at you, they have actual attacks and shit so i find it unreasonable that you still take damage from touching them
also i never used the parry ability once, i completely forgot it existed until i came to this thread but the game was still fine without it so i don't understand why it's even there

oh and also i think it's annoying the intro animation for the boss plays even if you died and went to fight him again. but of course, the animator worked VERY HARD on that animation so i have to see it again and again

user... In NES games you outright fucking died from making contact with an enemy. Taking a minuscule amount of damage is nothing in comparison. Especially in a game where you can actually heal yourself.

sure, but it keeps stunning me unless i jump so every time i dodge and hit an enemy i essentially get punished for avoiding damage. it's frustrating

anything that's too common gets hated by the contrarians here.

Try not to dodge into other enemies and instead dodge away from them maybe?

>2D sprite game with actually detailed, stylized artwork
>Cutscenes and oddly convincing voice acting
>Different death animations, including QTE executions

Some moves being animation locked and others being easily cancelled is annoyingly inconsistent but this an extremely fucking legit game. I thought these type of games were prohibitively expensive and difficult to make, according to Yea Forums.

Is Yea Forums full of shit as usual?

I'm a Spanish catholic atheist and I'm extremely pleased with the inspiration of this game

True.
Don't know if is the same, feels like input lag, Also you have to wait 'loo long' after an animation to input another command.
If you attack and then dodge, its simple doesn't.
You have to attack, wait, then dogde. Se same goes for jumping and etc.
At that part were you have to dodge and jump to a narrow space and fireballs being shot a you, the timing is all off.

Nice imaginary enemies.

I've heard the game had some controls issues with v-sync. Have you tried turning that off?

Uhm.. Didn't know that.
I'll try it latter on.

Go back yo christiancord.

>That terrible font needs to go though.

This bugs the fuck out of me too. I can't see shit.

Hollow Knight is the slowest and clunky shit at the beggining,dude.

You need glasses.

>election tourists are imaginary
fuck off we're full

Attached: 1565142977207.png (1229x417, 75K)

often times i can't
this always happens when i fight the big spear monster with the dress or whatever, it's always accompanied by the 2 candle dudes that charge at you
this game also has a lot of small pits for some reason where it puts 2 to 3 enemies to make it even more difficult to dodge
pic related is what it generally looks like

Attached: dodge.png (925x772, 19K)

Would have been better as a castlevania rather than a soulsvania

If I liked Momodora would I like this?

Dunno. This is much slower.

Oh another souls-like game...
Its fucking bad enough Hunt: Showdown is another BR game.

It was okay, gameplay seems tight. Main annoyance is how much the sword pushes enemies back. Hoping that the rosary beads mix things up significantly.

If you're a fag, maybe. The Last Door is pure kino.

The creators of Momodora recently released a new game as well. It's called Minoria.

Well it's a pretty good proof of concept, hope they spend the time to really polish-
>releasing September 10th
ehhhhhhhh

>Catholicism bad

Attached: Soy reddit.png (594x582, 61K)

And it's trash. Nowhere near the level of Momodora.

>Considero yo muchas veces, Cristo mío, cuan sabrosos y cuan deleitosos se muestran vuestros ojos a quien os ama, y vos, bien mío, queréis mirar con amor.

Attached: Santa-Teresa.jpg (668x500, 105K)

>port begging
The tables have turned, consolecuck.

Attached: 2k6b3r.jpg (938x974, 81K)

>christiancord
You’re trying too hard

>Fucking Dead Cells has spoiled me with the smooth controls
Based dead cells bro, i'm glad I bought into that way early because I got to see several major changes to the game between feedback and new ideas.

>A hero called THE PENITENT ONE fighting to ATONE FOR HIS SINS
>Catholicism bad

Attached: visible confusion.webm (502x510, 61K)

You can't dodge THROUGH the boss when it does its crouch punch. Every other attack you can do it.

It's true though. Fuck Christianity.

Attached: dark_age.jpg (604x483, 44K)

>I thought these type of games were prohibitively expensive and difficult to make
It is a fact that 3D assets are cheaper to make and animate than 2D in this age, especially the more variations of an animation there are.
Voice acting is just a money sink no matter how good or bad it is, I prefer no voices at all but apparently i'm an oddball.

Neither of these stop passion projects, so "prohibitively expensive" is kind of only a thing for, ironically, large studios who have to hire out and come with large expectations.

>Soulslike
>at the end of 2019
How quaint.

SHUT UP AND FUCKING AGREE WITH ME

Is there a way to change resolution settings in the demo or is that just kind of not a thing

Only in the registry. There's a thread on Steam forums with more info.

Why do people keep saying it's a Soulslike
Is "Losing something on death that you can go and grab back" enough to call something Soulslike?
Because literally everything else screams "Castlevania in an Iberian Catholicism setting"

Attached: 1512358134735.jpg (240x240, 8K)

You get healing flasks that reset only at the "bonfires", there's a parry mechanic, a dodge roll mechanic etc. Castlevania has nothing of that.

Because zoomers grew up with Souls, not Castlevania

now post THE REAL chart

And pro-religious stuff. And stuff not even related to religion. Everything, really.
If it's fun, it's casual.
If it's new or not released, it's a shill.
If it takes time or dedication, it's autism.
If it's Japanese, it's weebshit.
If it's a sequel, it's a rehas.
If it's not videogame related, it's 143 posts and 86 image replies omitted. Click Reply to view.

>Sekiro was all about corrupted Buddhist monks abandoning their faith and twisting their symbols of worship
>nobody complained
>Game uses indirect Christian symbolism
>explosion of whining and "outrage"

Attached: 1551811113975.webm (1280x720, 2.56M)

Pretty good.
Solid combat mechanics and animation work better than most games in the genre.
I hope it's not super short.

This desu
That font is so bad.

Attached: file.png (3630x1615, 1012K)

>parry and dodge mechanics are soulslike

Attached: 1533978992218.jpg (344x382, 83K)

Castlevania has save rooms, sliding in some games, and Aria/Dawn of Sorrow have parrying.

Yea Forums is a Christian website. Buddhists probably complained on their forums

what could've been....

Attached: 1537353399820.jpg (530x480, 59K)

Weak bait buddy

>filtering
faggot

>"Bonfire" you heal at that saves the game and respawns enemies
>medkit-esque healing system (flasks) that only restores at bonfire
>lose not-souls on death, beacon where you died to go pick it up
>slow paced back and forth combat inconducive with normal hack n slash games
>Supposed open-world metroidvania-esque exploration

I mean at this point it's basically like calling Overwatch a TF2-like despite both just being class based shooters, it's all the extra details they try to cram into nearly 1:1 that takes this from a normal hack n slash metroidvania like Dead Cells to an actual would be 2D dark souls clone.

Played for 30min and i dont feel this game

You are trying way to hard to pretend you don't like the game THAT much because of souls faggots user.

I haven't finished it yet, but the game feels a little too stiff to me. I guess I'm too used to Dead Cell's movement, which is really fluid and nice. There have been some minor little annoyances, like certain ledges I wasn't able to grab on to, or how you apparently can't dodge through or parry fireballs. I've also noticed hit detection on the flying wraiths is pretty wonky. There was also a bug that keeps you from dropping down through passable floors--that really bugged the shit out of me until I read that it was a bug with having vsync enabled. In fact, I've read some people saying that v-sync causes input issues and I stopped playing around the time I disabled it, so I'll see if it feels any better when I go and finish the demo later. The aesthetic of the game is absolutely gorgeous, I will say. I really like the cutscenes in particular.

Attached: 1513632915022.jpg (604x511, 71K)

>fighting the corrupt church
>anti-religious

It seems to be a criticism of the church, rather than religion. P interesting

>Church bad!

Attached: CC53AB2B-344C-490A-AF78-8B7D1F870CF3.jpg (836x786, 148K)

Thatll teach the pope

Attached: 1566317174204.jpg (622x464, 175K)

Couldn't get past the loading screen

A church is not bad on its own, but it can definitely become very bad.

THERE IS A DEMO?!
What platform?

retard

Ouya exclusive

>25 eurobucks
lol no, no matter how good it is, any pixelshit game isn't worth more than 10€

The church is bad tho, bunch of corrupt kiddy diddlers destroying the faith. Can't wait for the apocalypse so those fags get their just desserts through a higher power.

Your fucking loss, faggot.

Fuck me i am dying tonplay this

So far so good

>fighting heretics and demons
>"lol fuck God"
R u dumb

no

Who is going to pick up the game on the switch?

So you can feel penitent on the go

I know i am

But I have a pc too user...

Fuck your Switch. Get a gaming PC, faggot.

t. americlaps who cant read or write in cursive

Just beat the demo. So, correct me if I'm wrong, but the dodge has no iframes, right? It only lets you phase through the enemies, but not through projectiles or any other active frame attacks. Also you can only phase through bosses when they're preparing to attack, but not from idle.
The parry window doesn't seem too tight, but I think, the enemies can just deadangle you and hit you from behind effectively, when you're guarding, if they're too close to you. That seems like it's not an intended behavior.

Yeah cause im surely moving my gaming pc from work and home.

>I don't mind the combat at all, but going through a gauntlet of spike traps while also being chased by fireballs is not what I was looking for.
Are you fucking serious? You can literally get hit by all of that and still survive. It's not like it kills you instantly, also the checkpoint is literally 15 seconds away.

Slow garbage gameplay. Inputs have massive delays, horrendous text font. Level design that forces you to stop because of obstacles or boring enemy design making you either fish for parries or whail on the same enemy for what feels like an enternity.
It's trash.

Will they fix the absolute shit show that is the Front?
I can't fucking read anything

So the demo doesn't save progress if you quit? And where the fuck is the menu button on keyboard? It isn't esc or tab or any of the f keys or anything else a reasonable human being might think. No I don't mean the inventory.

Honestly, not bad. I can't say that I can't wait for the game to come out or anything like that, but I may pick it up during a sale. (Have they announced the price yet?)
>Also you can only phase through bosses when they're preparing to attack, but not from idle.
That was a strange decision imo. It didn't make it annoying or anything, but you expect to be able to do that at all times though. I personally didn't realize when you can slide through the boss. Also, why the fuck can't you skip the boss' starting animation? I could become frustrating very fast because of that if the boss were difficult.
>Slow garbage gameplay. Inputs have massive delays
It felt fine to me.
>Level design that forces you to stop because of obstacles
????????????????
There are hidden rooms too, the game is clearly about exploring and not speedrunning on your first playthrough.
>boring enemy design making you either fish for parries or whail on the same enemy for what feels like an enternity.
you can use skills too, you know? they do a lot of damage;
it also takes only one hit to finish an enemy after a parry, and the window for parries is pretty big too.
>So the demo doesn't save progress if you quit?
It's literally like half an hour even if you read lore stuff.
>Will they fix the absolute shit show that is the Front?
Agreed, The font is terrible.
It's not cursive.

What sword in DaS 2 would best match his sword? Also his armour looks like the female version of the Black Leather set, its got the shoulder cape.

>There are hidden rooms too, the game is clearly about exploring and not speedrunning on your first playthrough.
Which feels like absolute shit in a 2D game. It needs to be fast and fluid.
>the window for parries is pretty big too.
Which makes you rely too much on parries and wait for the enemy to attack instead of taking the initiative yourself, further slowing everything down.

Are you dying soon or something?

>demo
Where?

Made by filth spics that most likely pirated shitton of games in their lives. I'll pirate harder than they snore when they siesta.

Literally just fucking try yourself for once.

The hitstop and delay is too weird, i'm a soultard and it feel clunky.
Try doing the crouch sliding section and see what i mean

Haven't tried the demo.

Is this another Souls rip-off? I honestly don't mind the visuals being the same, but I hope the combat system isn't just "attack, attack, roll, attack, attack, roll, attack, attack, roll" with an occasional block once in a while. I really hope there isn't a stamina system to stifle the combat.

Just let him have this one, he needs it.

just kill the spear man first you fucking armless faggot

>anything medieval-looking is a souls rip-off now