Is Yea Forums playing Ancestors: A humankind Oddesy?

Is Yea Forums playing Ancestors: A humankind Oddesy?

Attached: gqf9p5tbbbj31.png (2560x1440, 3.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/9hb0d
rarbg.to
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: adLgsKz.png (2560x1440, 3.71M)

We need more games with black protagonists like this one

Yes, I'm currently trying to actually get stuff unlocked so I can put my points into it, I have no clue if I should be walking around in circles, walking around in circles carrying shit, walk around in water, run around in circles carrying shit/in water or if I should go kill more animals.

Maxing out your senses combined with having a child on your back seems to give you loads of xp for unlocking more traits

The more kids around the faster you gain shit. You can tell if you gained exp because the circle on the hud flashes a weird web like pattern.

Yeah, thats not the issue, the real start to unlocking more traits is gen-upping and inspecting the bones with two monkeys on you, my current issue is I have maxed out exp and nothing to spend it on.

Attached: hVlkr0C.png (822x653, 1.13M)

It came out?

walking simulator, no one complains because it's a black protagonist

cucks

>That UI
What in the actual soulless mobile tier fuck?

I had no idea either, I just saw it at E3 and then I heard nothing about it

Does Epic just not market these games at all, or do the devs not give a shit about ads since Sweeney made sure it won’t flop?

Attached: C211CFD9-3B75-4691-90E5-8FC8F06DA032.jpg (1920x1080, 309K)

The beauty of an Epic Store exclusive. Luckily due to this, its completely free. Thanks Tim :)

Not yet. I plan to soon though.
Looks interesting and different. Hope it isn't boring or tedious or clunky though.

Attached: 1566557829655.jpg (621x511, 130K)

Game has an option to turn the HUD completely off.

How much monkey business is there?

It is both tedious and clunky somewhat by design. I think it's actually the most genius thing about the game. I ruined many tree branches before I figured out how to make a simple stick. It's the kind of gameplay that makes you feel like the character you are playing as, in this case a dumb monkey. You smash rocks together with other shit somewhat randomly till you hear an audio cue that lets you know you are on to something but you then also have to time your altering correctly. Slowly you figure out what the different animations will do when you click and what certain tools might work on.

I think Epic is somewhat delusional in that they think having exclusives alone is enough and I think 2K just genuinely doesn't give a shit since Epic paid for more copies then they would have sold by advertising it. It's part of why Epic doing this is actually really bad for the industry, it encourages publishers to not care about the success of their game, they just need to sell it to Epic.

seems cool

is this that game by the assassins creed guy

is there a way to zoom out the camera more?

I don't need a video game to feel like a retard.

So how is the game? It only jungle, or do you get out of the jungle an evolve to early man?

It has shit meta critics scores so I have literally no idea what you're talking about.

had no idea this even came out

Any rival apes that attack and war with you or are the only outside apes those homeless ones in the trees?

Attached: 1528904870896.jpg (488x463, 22K)

>It only jungle, or do you get out of the jungle an evolve to early man?
I think you can evolve until you become Australopithecus

>hot humid African jungle
>covered in fur
>get cold
What is this shit?

>humanity came from monkeys
Yeah sure

Attached: 1542843236537.jpg (960x604, 71K)

Stop false flagging autist.

How is it? I saw it and thought it look interesting but then I saw it had some shit tier ratings.

Evolutionists are retarded, if humans actually came from monkies, then why do we still have them?

Attached: 1565768409649.png (270x201, 41K)

This game is a fucking slog thus far.
>dude go grind brain battery power over and over

You switch generations, retrain like 4 or so nodes and start over.
That's the game, that's it.

Same reason niggers never invented the wheel or advanced anything larger than a mud Yurt.

All the QTEs are easymode once you figure out there's a clicking sound that marks possible success, even the combat.

Probably bait but if you really don't know the answer it's because we didn't come from monkeys. We came from monkey-man who monkey also came from. We share a common ancestor, we didn't evolve from chimps.

>Evolutionists are retarded, if humans actually came from monkies, then why do we still have them?
Because someone had to pick the cotton.

The real big think is that the game claims to be based on scientific findings even thought out of africa was debunked a year ago.
But I guess it was too far into development at that point.

Seriously, they should have come up with a better way to learn the timings than that. It's even weirder that they don't explain the sound prompt because it means you probably have an hour or where you are trial and error trying to figure things out like a dumb chimp but once you realize the sound is there to guide you, it just becomes a game of QTEs like you said.

>don't want to download epic launcher
>too much of a pussy to use cracks
i guess not

I figured it out the first time I did the grooming QTE since there was literally no other indication whatsoever there.

>too much of a pussy to use cracks
Why? Tim already bought your copy of the game user.

WHY THE FUCK ISN'T IT MULTIPLAYER

Attached: 1565127350416.jpg (678x960, 131K)

The game doesn't even need a crack.

i took a look at it on twitch only other things i watch there are speedruns so fuck you elitalists
it looks fine but it's not on steam right now so i guess i will just pirate it until then

Attached: oh i hate this.jpg (302x225, 14K)

Gonna need a source on that mate. Pretty sure that's bullshit based solely on the fact that such a long established theory with tons of evidence is not simply "debunked" in a year and I have never even heard a criticism recent African origin theory.

i dunno, i don't have a problem with pirating, just the cracks themselves
having to run some sort of program to make the game work just sounds too fishy and i don't want to risk it
but it has drm

The game doesnt have any DRM, enjoy.

Loser

Epic has DRM free games? Time to ditch Steam then. A shame I missed all the free games.

>but it has drm
All I know is that the folder labeled "CODEX" where the crack is usually found is empty and it just works by launching the game.
Maybe they pre-crack releases now but I don't really care either way.

Pretty sure Epic store is DRM I think its that it comes pre cracked. Either way I can also confirm that I only needed to run the installer. It was a custom installer though.

but then why does pcgw say it does have drm?
>Maybe they pre-crack releases now
that makes me even more paranoid

The grooming fucked with me because I thought you needed to do it a certain number of times. By chance I had apparently been letting go at the right time and succeeding by chance. I thought it was that I was doing it for a long enough period of time, a certain number of bites. Figured it out the first time I tried to strip a coconut though.

In my opinion the bigger issue is the use of non stone tools so early on. We have literally no clue when pre humans first started using them because they don't remain preserved in a recognizable state like a flake tool does. I get the feeling it's based on modern chimps because certain things like using sticks and stems to fish for insects and honey are things they do but that's an extremely unscientific leap of logic especially since it is a horribly common misconception that we evolved from chimps.

Wait so you don't actually start walking on two feet and shit like that? You just play the same area do the same shit even in new generation?

If so i am dropping it now. I am two hours in and the clunky movement already gave me aids.

Attached: 1565549178467.png (616x504, 487K)

I believe a fair bit of the bad ratings come from journalists being bad at the game, it being a long slow paced game that doesn't hold your hand or give you much directions on what you are supposed to do.

How do I get imitation to work properly? Hit mimic after I finish crafting?

>elitalists

Attached: 1566057006616.jpg (468x571, 57K)

No. There are various areas and you walk upright eventually.

Fuck this cat.
streamable.com/9hb0d
He actually appears out of thin air just to be a dick.

Attached: 1520018084032.jpg (550x550, 106K)

For every newborn you get to permanently unlock one node, starting from the middle, and everything else resets and needs to be connected again.
The random feats you unlock let you skip thousands/millions of years depending on how many you collect but when I jump forward by 1 million years nothing really changed.
I might keep playing for a little bit longer but it's starting to get old, especially since the "upgrades" are just shitty tiny incremental upgrades so far.

As a game this is pretty uninteresting and I can see why it got mediocre scores.
I'm glad Timmy paid for this so I didn't have to.

Literally just hold A + direction and let go when the indicator noise plays.
This is how you beat every single QTE in the game.

I like how if you kill lots of a specific animal, that animal will become skittish toward you in the next evolution.

You will be able to, it goes like:
>Child mutate ability to stand indefinitely
>Generation continue and have the child mature so the mutation becomes efficient
>Evolve 1 million year forward so the mutation becomes permanently applied to the entire species.
I think you'll start seeing the walking mutation after 1-2 evolutions

Didn't realize I was messing up the dodge, but even so, I'll always just grab a fiber and soap up. It's the fact that I can't go five minutes without him spawning on me for a game of cat and mouse that pisses me off.

Just kill it lmao, what are you a herbivore?

If you're tired of cat and mouse just kill him. Bring a troop of three or four chimps holdong spears and keep poking the cat till he dies.

Will do, once I learn how to poke with the pointy stick.
Thanks, fellow apes.

Can you become a neanderthal and shit?

Attached: 03rs5g9c7j431.jpg (1080x1920, 392K)

No, but you can experience the life of a murrimut in his natural habitat.

Attached: 1428653798878.png (370x329, 138K)

So you play as a monky the whole game?

>Playing with HUD

Fucking journo

>dude just make the game even more obtuse and tedious

ZOOOOOM ZOOOOOOM

WE

Why does eating fish make you sick? You're suppose to have a full working appendix that absorbs the yucky microbes from raw meat right?

You literally will gain the ability to eat meat at your first evolution

You go from extremely monkey like monkeyman to somewhat man like monkeyman.

The game feels kind of repetitive, when does the game end?

When you figure out that the game is just grinding QTEs and walking around looking at things and quit.

This game is super boring

remember to fug to get more evolution point

While we didn't evolve from chimps we did evolve from a common ancestor that if we saw it, we'd probably be like "that there's a chimp".

>I'm glad Timmy paid for this so I didn't have to

Am mong who normally pays for games... pls send help.

hey friends, what's a drm?
also i'm going to torrent the game, what's a good place to torrent from? ideally without having to use .iso cause that's a mind-grain

rarbg.to
>without having to use .iso cause that's a mind-grain
Just extract it like a .rar file you brainlet

i'm a brainlet who doesn't do techy stuff or torrent stuff
how the hell do you do that when almost all torrents come as .iso files?

>right click the .iso file
>click on "extract here" (you need to have winrar installed)
After extracting, just run the setup to install the game.

trying now
user i feel like such a brainlet, i've avoided so many games because of this
thank you

Time to get high as sky

Attached: 1558071813278.jpg (2560x1440, 621K)

>didnt keep metabolism on first evolve
>finding meteors gives bonus points to gen-locking
>these dont carry over on evolve
>metabolism gene already on an elder
Fuck. Can you re-roll metabolism on babies or is it a one-time only thing?

Is there a reason my clan doesn't respond to mimic when it comes to picking up sharpened sticks from a pile?

Right, I've had enough of this cunt. How do I make a spear and how do I shove it through this kitty cunt's ear?

Attached: 1495361240991.jpg (652x786, 96K)

A game about primates/hominids that has:
>no instinct
>no AI
>no proper tree swinging
>no hunting
>NO HUNTING
>you have to play badly made dark souls with animals in order to kill anything
This game is as realistic as Assassin's Creed. But at least AssCreed guys could jump from any height without breaking their fucking legs.

>Literally just hold A
What's this button on PC?

you don't have A on your keyboard?

>alter stick with your hand to get the branches off
>hit the branchless stick with your rock until the tip is pointy
Beware that your stick breaks after one counterattack and doesn't kill the cat. I like to carry a rock in my other hand to throw at the cat.

>t. Jew

Ubisoft school of UI design, literally thanks to an AssCreed dev

Why are you complaining about epic? You can pirate the game free of guilt.

What are the upgrade tiers in this game? What's the actual sense of progression throughout this game? Upgrading your home base? Finding a bigger stick? Evolving greater grip strength?

where is the pirate link?

Cheers.

Attached: 1526955788672.jpg (800x730, 262K)

Is it worth the money? How big is it?

yeah, it's pretty fun. I have no clue what's going on though. Disappointed you can't just fight things with pure monkey strength.

How the fuck do you attack shit on this game, A fucking snake attack me and i can only dodge attacks. And the other monkey with me is doing jackshit

>>no instinct
You have three mode of instinct retard
>>no AI
Unlock trough neuron tree retard
>>no proper tree swinging
Jump from a branch and keep pushing A to swing like a monkey retard
>>no hunting
Evolve retard
>>NO HUNTING
Evolve retard
>>you have to play badly made dark souls with animals in order to kill anything
I hope you aren't following a predator to hit R1 like a retard

You need to have in your R-Hand a stone or a spear to counter-attack, while you are in the slow mo screen keep pushing A+Forward until you hear a "ping" then release to do the counter.

If you have right unlocks you can kill anything nearly in one hit, spear broke after the counter, stones are more durable and can be used again.

Attached: 1557908586859.jpg (2560x1440, 293K)

>And the other monkey with me is doing jackshit

Also this change when you unlock the neuron that make the clan defend itselfs fi they have any weapon in hands, until that they are easy targets.

Thank you friend. I lost my first monkey to the snake but with your advice i will beat him up

To heal bleed you can use the Horse Tails, grinder it with a rock to make a paste.

Also in some trees there some yellow fruit that you can use directly to stop bleed.

I pirated it, about 10 gigs

is there anyway to switch monkeys?

Interesting concept but they forgot the "game" part

>evolve to le milenom man
>unlock a ton of shit
Boar Genocide Soon.

What the fuck is wrong with this game? Senses don't work and I can grab stuff but not let go.'

>Game about chimps
Has to have Odyssey in there

Wew Unisoft got any of that originality left?