Joe Rogan Experience #1342 - John Carmack

youtu.be/udlMSe5-zP8

>no thread

Attached: Joe Rogan Experience #1342 - John Carmack.jpg (1492x1071, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hz_MvEBQ2XU
amazon.com/Creativity-Flow-Psychology-Discovery-Invention/dp/0062283251
youtube.com/watch?v=csl7e0TU44U
youtube.com/watch?v=aZ3Y2zgvxBg
youtube.com/watch?v=X68Mm_kYRjc
youtu.be/BH3ASmdI98w?t=3392
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It sucks. Carmack just comes off as a retarded autist.

Dude, watch out. Carmack is about to LEVEL UP!!!!!!!! according to his shirt, and you might be just enough exp for him.

Has anyone got an edit without Joe? He literally contributes nothing for the entirety of the interview.

do you think he has different shirts for different times of the year depending on how close he is to his birthday?

Honestly, neither does Carmack.

>Dota? What's that?
Based.

listening to rogan wont recultivate your gray matter, it´s lost for good user!

Autists don't understand irony. Carmack is basically Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory

who?

>Honestly, neither does Carmack.
Carmack contributes fucking everything and actually has interesting things to say.

None of what he says is interesting unless you're retarded.

I'm 8mins in the podcast, is this Carmack dude a gay or something? lol

He probably talks for a total of like 5 minutes.

>What do you mean you don't have prior knowledge of cryptography and quantum mechanics? Are you some kind of retard?

damn we got a smart guy over here.

Yes. He's basically Sheldor from the BBT. You're going to get meme'd watching this. Look at his shirt and that tells you everything you need to know.

Looks like Linustechtips dad.

What an embarrassing shirt. Why would anyone wear that, especially in public?

Please user, tell me more about rocket propulsion, quantum computing and your 30 year stint in the gaming industry, i'm sure it's fascinating.

>quoting the entire post

Attached: apture.png (957x957, 991K)

what a tiny dick post

No, he just has that midwestern sort of nasal autist dialect that you see a lot around the "oldschool" Silicon Valley types.

He's a bit of a stereotype, but that's what people like about him.

To gather the wanebes and casuals, because they'll buy your stuff

>"BOYS! QUANTUM MECHANICS AND CRYPTOGRAPHY! DUDE THAT IS DEEP! WAIT UNTIL I TELL SHELDON! A LITTLE MOTE EXP UNTIL I LEVEL UP!"

Sorry you're too stupid to appreciate technical topics.

seems cool af. turbos his ferrari, hangs out with elon, and wrestles, gives no fucks.

imagine being this insecure

Carmack is based, you zoomer faggots should kys

Attached: 1416370689588.jpg (834x602, 400K)

>None of what he says is interesting unless you're completely unable to comprehend it
sounds like you're deflecting

if u think quantum mechanics isnt interesting i got news for u bud. u may be the retarded one.

>carmack is such a autist bloo bloo bloo

you think he cares about what shirt he wears each day? he's john fucking carmack

Do you appreciate them with your uneducated wikipedia-tier understanding of the subjects?

>gives no fucks.
Probably why Oculus is such a big dud, then. Or why every game he made after Romero and Hall left were uninspired trash.

No, I appreciate them with my computer science MSc.

Attached: 1566963602057.png (751x607, 113K)

lmao

he explained in the podcast why his later game was a dud, you need the attention span longer than a 12 year old to listen to it tho

>last thread deleted
carmack isn't vidya enough for the 14 year old retarded jannies? guess they wanted another smash/wow thread

He's too busy winning stock market while fucking your mom

Bahahahahaha.

There's no insecurity here. It's just a terrible looking shirt. It's something an eight year old boy would have his mom buy him for school.

>finally a joe rogan id actually care to listen to
>no longer working the night shift job where i would have listened to it

Says the faggot who perceives people like a 12 year old girl.

>start watching.
>wearing a retarded shirt.
>talks like a faggot.
turned it off like 2min in

Does Joe ask him if he smokes weed?

Attached: 15651933358412.jpg (370x349, 31K)

when you can write game engines from the ground up you may complain about a bloody shirt

I notice they consistently delete threads if there's even the vaguest chance it's off topic, without actually checking the thread. Like if there's a picture of Joe Rogan in the OP they'll just delete it. They need to be way less trigger happy.

I can see why Carmack was so hesitant to come on for a while, the way he articulates himself isn't as experienced as Elon Musk.

>You're about as funny as a glass of milk
Really Rogan, was that neccessary? Dude's a gaming legend.

It isn't brought up even once, wouldn't have been enough oxygen in the room for anyone to light up anyway, Carmack nerds out for literally the entire thing non-stop while Joe glazes over. It's magnificent.

You know how much money is being funneled into VR shit and how hard they fought over trademark shit in court? Nigga, they stuck carmack on those projects for a reason. I’m sorry your waifus aren’t AI sex bots in VR, but the Atari doesn’t exactly hold up to the Dreamcast, know what I mean?

Elon Musk is a businessman, a rather good one, Carmack is a man devoid of all empathy for human beings who fucking somehow found himself in a PR culpable position.

It's really the pothead calling the kettle black too, Rogan's standup is egregiously bad

Joe bombing on stage is infinite more entertaining then Carmack parroting on about boring shit in his Tumblr tranny voice

halfway through Joe knows he fucked up with the normie "computers are bad for your health my dude" narrative
worst of all, Carmack loves working because he loves what he does, so instead of fighting that narrative, he hardly acknowledged Rogan's intentions, and went into a tirade about how good is to be obsessed with stuff to get results
he fucked up as an interviewer because his intentions went south, while he was not trying to insult a legend.

no, he gets xp when he ages. did you even read the shirt?

>Tumblr tranny voice
It's a weedy pointdexter voice.

All I did was criticize his fashion taste. In terms of Yea Forums discussion (gossip), it's pretty benign.
Does making game engines absolve people from criticism? I thought we weren't supposed to treat famous people as if they were any different than the general public.

>John Carmack
who?

>I notice they consistently delete threads if there's even the vaguest chance it's off topic
>proceeds to make a sticky about a dead eceleb

You can't make fun of some random faggot that made a boomer game once, of Yea Forums will start crying like bitch-made niggers. It's hilarious. He's just some faggot like Randy or Kojimbo

You can't deprive the world of that many "WE WUZ WRIGHT BROTHERS" jokes.

>All I did was criticize his fashion taste. In terms of Yea Forums discussion (gossip), it's pretty benign.
So your argument is that you fit right in with the rest of the 12 year old girls around here?

Good shit.

He made fortnite autist

lol that ending monologue though, he definitely just wants to enslave billions of poor people in VR helmets, probably to use their brains to power an ai or something. Or kill them all at once to save the planet

Some worthless faggot thats never done anything in his life except rape children to death

Why does he look so soulless?

you can tell this guy is a homo and why is he wearing that stupid fucking walmart graphic tee

Carmack is planning some Evangellion shit of combining all human consciousness into one AI driven entity

He doesn't have a soul, he's an Android.

i am losing control of my faculties

Because he is soulless, user.

There's no consistency. Hiroshimoot should be spending some of that ad money on hiring a proper team who won't just delete everything they want or making a sticky if Projared dies.

>while other boys his ages groped girls, he cooked up thermite to break into his school to steal computers
>master at martial arts
>completely devoid of empathy
>a mind so sharp you have no idea what he's talking about
Carmack is basically a Batman supervillain.

based carmack called out the anti crunch fags and unproductive devs

>a machine that is hardcoded to work nonstop calls human beings lazy for not wanting to work until they die or quit from exhaustion
I wish I was carmack. So far I only have the autism part half way.

he is autism personified
emotions mean nothing to him

Theres a very small number of men who've earned the right to wear such a godawful shirt, Carmack's one of them

I honestly hate how autism gets this label of "supernatural", it's only some 0.5% of autists that can actually do crazy shit while the rest can't even figure out how to use the toilet.

>Do they give you a requirement to work 12 hours a day [in video game companies]?
>I'm not involved in the HR department of [big game studios] but the people I know who've been doing that, largely they're choosing to do this. And the rejoinder is that "oh it's a toxic culture that makes people want to choose to do this", but I definitely don't buy into that sociel engineering level of things.
Holy BASED

When he made Quake 2 the Strogg was actually his envision of the perfect world.

It was great

Good level of gamer talk, tech talk and turbo charged supercars

8/10

Blame rainman or whatever the fuck that paints autistic people as savants

>even watching that shit to know what that character is like

Cringe

Attached: 71LxrmbyznL._UX522_[1].jpg (522x589, 28K)

>
>>quoting the entire post
fag gay

Is there honestly a bigger genius in the gaming industry? Iwata was an excellent coder but this man is just a walking super-charged brain

>Anonymous 08/29/19(Thu)12:41:27 No.475935320▶
>
> >
> >>quoting the entire post
> fag gay
Shut the fuck up you stupid nigger

> (You)
>>Anonymous 08/29/19(Thu)12:41:27 No.475935320:arrow_forward:
>>
>> >
>> >>quoting the entire post
>> fag gay
>Shut the fuck up you stupid nigger
i'm gonna piss and cum on your lips bitch whore

>had to google how to wipe harddrive
>got sued for corporate espionage or whatever the fuck it was
>super
Nah.

Carmack isn't close to a genius. He is a talker, that's all. Remember, this is the guy who wanted rocket jumping and strafe jumping removed from Quake. Low IQ.

Just take adderall bro. It's a miracle drug for lazy shits like myself

Oh neat, he has subtle gaming clothing on him.

winners don't do drugs

>Is there honestly a bigger genius in the gaming industry?

There could very well be a bigger genius, but none that are nearly as accomplished or relevant.

>
>> (You)
>>>Anonymous 08/29/19(Thu)12:41:27 No.475935320:arrow_forward:
>>>
>>> >
>>> >>quoting the entire post
>>> fag gay
>>Shut the fuck up you stupid nigger
>i'm gonna piss and cum on your lips bitch whore
im going to plug your cunt mouth with my fat fucking cock, faggot

I really fucking hate joe rogan but he talks to some really cool people, why do people watch this retard meathead stoner?

> (You)
>>
>>> (You) (You)
>>>>Anonymous 08/29/19(Thu)12:41:27 No.475935320:arrow_forward:
>>>>
> (You)
>>
>>> (You) (You)
>>>>
>>>> >
>>>> >>quoting the entire post
>>>> fag gay
>>>Shut the fuck up you stupid nigger
>>i'm gonna piss and cum on your lips bitch whore
>im going to plug your cunt mouth with my fat fucking cock, faggot
> (OP)
>I really fucking hate joe rogan but he talks to some really cool people, why do people watch this retard meathead stoner?
fucking BASED
>>>> >
>>>> fag gay
> (OP)
>I really fucking hate joe rogan but he talks to some really cool people, why do people watch this retard meathead stoner?
fucking BASED

I really fucking hate you

what the fuck are you doing

Who's the bigger autist, Yea Forums?

Attached: John_Carmack_and_Tim_Sweeney,_GDCA_2017.jpg (2400x1600, 422K)

Winners also don't abuse their power, Mr. Sessions. You're dismissed.

Attached: clinton-big.jpg (698x876, 163K)

Hey jamie pull up that video of the elephant eating shit outta the other elephants ass

Swiney

Attached: qkh7Lth.jpg (2595x3069, 380K)

Carmack, Sweeney's just a dickhead

He sounds just like Professor Frink from Simpsons.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hz_MvEBQ2XU

Carmack is a good guy wants to do things for the world

tim is a fagget that won't let go of the past and wants to exploit the bullies children that fucked with him

>rocket jumping and strafe jumping
any grindmonkey can get good at those. removing them would favor high iq decision making more

Thats true of all his interviews, hes too low IQ

>*long tangent about VR, CPUs, quantum computing*
>"Okay but what about Quake and a robot I could beat up in VR"
God damn it Joe

the chinaman is clearly taller

>Rogan: How do you find time for all that [clearly fishing for an answer about his family life]
>Carmack *proceeds to talk about Judo for 5 minutes*

Fucking LOL. That and the fact his wife books him weeklong trips to out of state airport hotels means she's fucking the entire neighborhood behind his back

Watching this shows me how dumb Joe Rogan is. I usually don't watch Joe Rogan unless he's interviewing athletes, but man, is he dumb.

>what is DOE-TAH?
>what is MOE-BAH?
>what is an electron?
>what do you think about people checking their cellphones constantly and negative people on Twitter and YouTube?

Holy fuck.

Is this evolution or devolution?

>Yea Forums tried to convince everyone this podcast would be good because Joe is a quake fan
Like pottery

i wish i didn't know what a moba is

He is a turbo autist, that's why he's awesome.

Attached: visible-autism.png (277x296, 96K)

>retard meathead stoner
you answered your own question

>I didn't really experience crunch culture
>Good employee can just drop everything and walk through the door at 5PM with no consequence

Good Zuckerbot

I dont know if there is anything more embarrasing than people talking about QUANTUM COMPUTING with Wikipedia tier understanding. Youre just throwing terms, you dont know how they work, you dont know why they exist. Joe doesnt even know how ordinary computers work

Its shamefur dispray desu

Attached: 3a592f43 (1).jpg (1024x582, 69K)

>guy with a net worth of 25 mil earned through doing podcasts is dumb according to retard on Yea Forums

you sound like a youtube comment, faggot

>dont ask questions or else you’re a stupid fucking idiot retard
huh?

Should more games release their source codes?
Should i release my games source code?

That's cool and all, but you know, monkeys are fucking insane and can rip you apart.

>don't do basic research into anything before you ask a guest on

Imagine doing a commentary for some e-sports tournament.

>uh, so that guy, he ran over here and did some attack on this character
>oh, what's that item he bought called?
>and he's doing some sort of power up here, don't know what it is

Lol Joe is really popular because he can have a conversation with anyone. I'd like to see you, some guy on Yea Forums, be able to have conversations with MMA fighters, bigfoot hunters or programmers. You'd probably make it boring as shit.

The guy is in his 50's, goes between doing stand up comedy sets, commentating UFC, hunting, lifting and yet he's a fucking moron because some virgin thinks he should know what a MOBA is.

Joe Rogan fans are fucking faggots lmao

Sounds like watching Starcraft with NoRegret and Rapid

>programming genious
>not at least a bit spergy
what did you expect

This is a general podcast not a fucking specialized event, its important to ask questions so that listeners understand whats going on

>Joe "I"m A Fan of Games for a Long Time and I Still Play Video Games to This Day" Rogan
>UFC sells 55,000 stadiums bro
>no way gamers sell more than that
>wtf gamers make more than top UFC stars wtf
>League of Legends?
>what is that?

fuck off, of course joe is a retard but that doesnt make him a bad host
nothing wrong with asking questions

even gad sad, the one with ghettoize, still came on his show like 4 more times because he likes to be on there

Elon Musk is even worse spoken than Carmack

One thing that will always make my blood is that stupid "100 Most Influential People in Gaming" and they listed Anita Sarkeesian higher than John Carmack.

>I fly out to my cushy cabin to work 80 weeks
>if you get into game development, you shouldn't complain about 60 hour weeks

based

kill them wagies

That speaks more to the people that watch him than him.

And that's a good thing!

>went into a tirade about how good is to be obsessed with stuff to get results

Literally every top dog in every single field, physics, biology, music, tech, whatever, is obsessed with their field and would spend all their time in it even if they never got a dime.

amazon.com/Creativity-Flow-Psychology-Discovery-Invention/dp/0062283251

Read this if you want to be legendary in some field.

Go play fortnite zoomie

How can I become legendary in jerking off and cumming.

>5 minutes of Toe Rogain
>2 hours and 40 minutes of Carmack
You're safe

Hardwork, dedication and lots of water.

I miss him, we need hin brehs.
Quake 1 was the last good game i played. Everythings turning into lootboxed shilled emotional story walking simulator for filthy casuals without any soul and atmosphere

Attached: reznor.png (461x522, 363K)

>What do you mean you dont want to work 80 hours a week?! What are you, pussy?
>Just work extra hard so I can go home early and do some blow on a hookers ass!

Attached: 1565908295345.jpg (149x163, 5K)

Anonymous 08/29/19(Thu)07:49:10 No.475935768▶ > (You)
>>
>>> (You) (You)
>>>>
> (You)
>>
>>> (You) (You)
>>>>
>>>> >
>>>> fag gay
> (OP) (OP)
> fucking BASED
>>>> >
>>>> fag gay
> (OP) (OP)
>fucking BASED
ABSOLUTELY BASED

Thanks for the recommendation

>gets fucking Bob Lazar on the podcast
>some bearded faggot ruins it

Attached: 1526755088565.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>Worshiping a faggot that hasn't contributed anything to video games since an overrated 90s meme shooter
>LOL MUH VR TECH, QUANTUM MEHCANICS, PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME INVESTORS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A bigger hack than Kojima. That will be a yikes and a big oof from me.

>I kinda want to see e-sports sports, where people run around on a real field with VR and kick around a virtual soccer ball

Then why not watch ACTUAL soccer instead, you stupid fuck?

entire thing is about VR, boring

Because we've never been able to do that before

I just finished it
He totally outplayed and overwhelmed Rogan
Cool stories from a passionate guy who likes to learn a lot, although privileged because he never had a retarded boss over him. It showed following your passion is the best you can do to be happy and curious about new stuff

4 inches is just slightly below average. It's not tiny

VR should be about shooting shit and doing things that can't be done in RL.

But here we have an entire segment where Joe wants boxing lessons where you should put on real boxing gloves with censors in it and kinetics feedback so you "feel" the punches landing on a sandbag.

Just buy a used sandbag off craigslist for $20 and $40 cheap boxing gloves to do it for real life. Why even do stupid virtual shit?

Skimming the replies in this thread really makes one loose faith in humanity.

Was waiting for this, thanks OP, have some tits.

Attached: 1556163013929.jpg (2973x3650, 1.06M)

be like carmack
he already removed his humanity

Reading this reply makes me lose faith in ESLs ever learning English.

those arent tits thats a drawing

VR should aim to be like the matrix, eventually. And this stuff is all very much in it's infancy. Just because Joe's idea is kinda dumb doesn't detract from the possibilities of what it could become.

>slightly below average
It just flat below average and small

Attached: download.jpg (435x116, 8K)

I loved Reznor too, but now he's a shareblue hilldawg. "Open borders!"

I'm only interested in psychology and people's brains and feelings. I'll never get to do what I want. My parents pushed me into finance career

>Wow, I loved Quake!
>VR is going to be so cool!
>Yep, Quake was a good game
How disappointing. I wanted to drown in his technobabble.

borders are imaginary lines

Tim doesn't have a wife while Carmack does so it's definitely Tim

Noooooooooo. Fuck I'm not even Asian. I'm white

>Carmack dude
Zoomers please leave

Joe is a good interviewer. Not great. Just good.
He is enough of a blank slate to talk to anyone without judging them. His dumb questions server three purposes: 1) brings along dumb listeners who would otherwise get lost. 2) listeners who know the answers to his dumb questions feel smart. 3) gives the person interviewed a chance to look smart and dive deeper into the topic.
Talking to people is a skill. Interviewing people is tougher because you have to expand the topic and make the other person look good while being interesting to an audience filled with retards like you.

I told my normie friends who love JRE that a vidya gaem dude was coming on and they all scoffed at it, but then later said "you didn't tell me this carmack guy is smart as hell".

It's a drawing of tit.

I'm sorry man. Unless the passion is petting puppies and eating ice cream or I feel like you should pursue your passion or at least something tangently related to it. Except for the underwater basket-weaving nonsense there's always some kind of job to be found. Even retarded feminism and niggonomics and you can get a job as an activist.

Exactly. It's refreshing to have long conversations with people about varied and interesting topics and to not have it be (A) some self-aggrandizing moralist bullshit the way 90% of interviews are nowadays or (B) screaming partisanship. Unless it's about weed or MMA then he's opinionated as fuck but that's fine.

Joe's knowledge of games literally comes down to Doom, Quake, and old Blizz titles.

He's very fortunate to not have been exposed to all the dumb crap out there

I wasn't even sure if he actually played those games or if he played the games for an hour before the interview started to at least being able to converse for more than a few minutes regarding the topic.

Someone tell me if Rogan goes full retard with technology/smartphones being bad or deraile the conversation into "muh food"

I'm too old to change career now. It's likely I'll just end up killing myself

That's Joe's whole schtick though. He's as neutral and blank of a slate as possible so that he can get an absolute variety of people from all different walks of life.

I personally dont think he's super smart like his fans make him out to be, he's actually pretty damn simple. Hes a phenomenal podcast host though

lol i have a bigger dick than you and i'm Asian.
All those "BRADDU PITTU" memes don't hurt so much anymore.

retard yes, but he lets him talk

Does he smoke a blunt with Joe and play Doom?

Send me your money first please

"I made Doom but now I'm old an irrelevant now and I sound gaaaaaaay."

"Hmm. That's really interesting. Do you think a chimp could make Doom if you gave him DMT?"

didn't watch it. how close was I bros?

I've been listening through it. Fantastic guest.

Also it doesn't seem Rogan has played a game since 1999.

I don't have any

Attached: smug.jpg (570x384, 61K)

Not even remotely close, it was a great interview because Joe didn't say shit about anything and just let Carmack do his thing.

I think that's true. If he doesn't even know terms like MMORPG even though I learned that playing Runescape in the early 2000's, then he really hasn't played shit. He's like those girls that plays Candycrush and considers themselves "gamers".

>"I made Doom but now I'm old an irrelevant now and I sound gaaaaaaay."
I'd wager Carmack achieves more in a year than you will in a life time.

When will Todd Howard be on?

IIRC Rogan got really obsessed with video games in the 90s became a near shut-in, so he keeps himself away from them knowing he finds them addictive.

>so tell about the mobile version of skyrim with live service elements and microtransactions

>do they not have MRI's in the 90's?

HOLY FUCK JOE

HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Because he talks to interesting people and has some interesting stories because of it. I hated Rogan for a long time, but his podcast won me over due to the sheer breadth of guests and what he manages to get out of them. Plenty turn out to be stinkers, like this and Musk, but others are quite good. Obviously Alex Jones is the crown jewel.

He talked about playing it for 3-4 hours a day back when he was younger, and he couldn't fathom competitive players doing it for 12 hours a day now.

I think it's all relative. 3-4 hours a day playing games is nothing to me, even when I was a young teenager. But for Joe it was "a lot".

Wait, who is the DOOM guy with the long gray hair that actually seems like an interesting person? I thought that was Carmack when this was announced.

>isn't joe rogan that fire right twat whos friends with alex jones, geordan peterson and ben shapiro? fuck off

that's what i got when posting it to my vidya friends. they used to be pretty cool but some of them somehow become alphabet degenerates
i really need to find some better people to play final fantasy with

Unabomber

>See that button with dollar signs?
>Your children can click on it.

John Romero?

rightwing cunts need to die

>doesnt know shitty vidya genres
>he must be dumb!
joe prolly knows 10 different ways to smoke weed while putting you in a leg lock.
that knowledge is more useful than shitty moba games
fucking league fans i swear

Yea that's him. What's the difference between the two guys?

I have started distancing myself from some people that I used to be really cool with because of this shit. Not only can you not have a conversation with them, they always want to throw a completely random jab at you in any conversation about cars, games, etc. because you don't vote 100% Democrat.

>he smokes a lot of weed and can beat you in a fight bro

Pathetic.

No one cares who you vote for, people care when you spam maga shit, talk about gay frogs, race, trannies, and deny climate science. Rightwing cunts deserve to be shunned.

>No one cares who you vote for

Stop. You're not fooling anyone.

>what is an electron?

did he really ask that?

No one knows or cares unless you overtly speak about it, retard.

John talked about transistor sizes and quantum tunneling, and Joe asked about "so these electron things"

lmao

>that knowledge is more useful than shitty moba games
I dunno, those TI winners are pretty rich

Romero
>Level designer
>in his prime was a true master of pacing, tension & release
Carmack
>lead programmer / architect
>coder genius, probably the best one the industry has ever seen
>wrote what were at the time absolutely insane game engines just from scratch for no other reason than to sate his curiosity

romero was also a programmer

>climate science
what kind of boring cunt talks about this shit

This is the first time i've ever watched a Joe Show, but is he always that pants on head retarded and uninteresting?

Carmack was just going wild but Joe may has well have just been a teleprompter with a few retarded questions every 30 minutes.

Attached: 1564398542282.jpg (400x438, 49K)

Anyone who isn't legitimately retarded. So not rightwingers.

in the end you're the one who will die either way. Evil cunts like you always lose

Talking about things you have no understanding of and have no control over is prime retard territory
I bet you think you're smart for having political opinions too

Seething

carmack is tech and intellect, romero is design and ego

No one more evil than rightards. Doing everything in your power to sabotage climate study and every policy you have hurts people. All of them.
Scientists have been talking about it for decades now, plenty of people understand.
The entire point of politics is you can do something about such things. But you freaks want to make sure it doesnt happen.
brainwashed robot response from the rightard lashing out.

Attached: 1411245297640.png (531x467, 59K)

>being triggered enough by any person remotely associated with the right wing that you need to bring this up in a thread about a podcast with Carmack
What a seething pathetic brainlet you are.

IMO carmack is more responsible for the way doom turned out as he programmed pretty much all the games systems
Yeah he made the level editor doors and barrels iirc, his big contribution of course is the iconic levels which have been a blueprint for general game design forever

>urrgh I watch podcast I think of climate change drumpf gay frogs maga

Attached: 1541429910357.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

and you trust "scientists"? Climate change is such a political debate you're an idiot if you think you have any idea what's really going on

>and you trust "scientists"
This is why you rightards need to die. You are a blight on humanity.

This reading comp tho

You are not human, you are a 20 year old NPC and your mom still pays your bills.

I'm not a rightard, I'm just calling you an idiot for believing the media

Half the podcast was about cars and a lot of it is about judo.

NASA is not the media. Thousands of scientists in every part of the world is not the media. Researchers who work for oil companies themselves, are not the media.
Rightards need to die.

Yikes so much for the tolerant left

>NASA is not the media. Thousands of scientists in every part of the world is not the media. Researchers who work for oil companies themselves, are not the media.
>Rightards need to die.

Attached: 1563626051309.png (261x215, 19K)

leftism is the definition of evil and things like antifa prove that. You're going to perish either way

You recieve information from those organizations through the media, and those organizations are heavily influenced by political entities

>leftism is the definition of evil and things like antifa prove that
yeah rightism is the definition of evil and hitler proved that
what a retarded thing to say

>Government-funded organization's can't be biased
Should we tell him?

Attached: wa.jpg (250x418, 11K)

Isn't Joe Rogan a car nut?

How the fuck is John Carmack schooling him in cars too?

>games
>technology
>science
>cars

Carmack is literally taking Joe to school on every subject.

Because he's a moron

>hur durrr my right wing twitter feed is unbiased
>scientists are evil but Trump and Alex Jones tell me the truth!!!

Obvious falseflag, everyone here is retarded anyway so why does it matter

Ah, yes, that democratic socialist sure was such a rightard

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab--the-frog-united-states.jpg (236x224, 11K)

>Resetera trannies can't listen to Carmack anymore because he answered a dumb feminist's question in a way they didn't like once

Attached: 1561720058859.jpg (226x223, 8K)

>no argument, just a soijack
Moron.

Joe really doesn't interject much this episode.

I don't know if that means he's super invested or super bored or super lost or what.

Attached: 1559024696791.png (458x333, 126K)

>Hitler
>Democratic socialist
good one

>>no argument, just a soijack
>Moron.

Attached: 1566525823303.png (785x1000, 254K)

>Whatabouts
How delightfully Soviet

Attached: 1349506776016.jpg (480x650, 83K)

Based retards, apolitical or fuck off

Because Carmack is an intelligent man and Rogan is a Youtube intellectual.

youtube.com/watch?v=csl7e0TU44U

>apolitical
I hope you don't have any kids.

The entire appeal of Joe Rogan is that he structures interviews for the average layman. It's designed to not isolate his core listener base of working class america males. Only a 90 IQ shiteater would not understand this.

>everyone here is retarded anyway
And that's a good thing. Here's why:

Yeah the world needs more partisan fuckwits

Oof yikes so much for the tolerant left.

Only a 90 IQ shiteater would relate to Joe Rogan

I have a better chance due to a lower level of autism keeping me from posting about retard shit on an user vidya board

I mean I hope you don't have any kids cause they are the ones that are gonna suffer for your "both sides" routine.

Does it isolate other groups? Who would you argue it isolates?

did tasteless kill himself?

If anything the left needs to do it is not be tolerant. Rightards are enemies of humanity.

Being "apolitical" doesn't mean you're an enlightened centrist who tells your kids about how smart you are because you don't believe in either side

Ah, so a sub 70 IQ shiteater like yourself could relate to Joe and enjoy his retardation and dumbing down of everything.

Well most people dont have much to add to carmacks talks. He's above their level, and a bit of a robot who isnt very relatable.

The "You're either a fascist or a communist" attitude shown in the thread is why America is the least respected of the Western countries.

That's not what apolitical means you quad nigger

Imagine actually believing this. Liberals really do live in a bubble.

I thought it was because America imprisons more people than anywhere else on the planet but calls itself free, pretends to believe in justice but drone strikes families, and calls itself brave while carrying guns to walmart and school to protect themselves from the evil muslim mexican black terrorists around every corner.

Its by design with the 2 party system
Divide and conquer

I don't think you know what apolitical means.

Yes keep posting your pedantic autism responses.

Good for you! Seize the means, comrade.

Good podcast. The wrapping up was weird. Joe sounded bored or something

>Joe Rogan

He wasnt stimulated and wasnt part of the discussion.
Carmack isnt a good guest for him

Sick buzzwords faggot

>AGI in a decade
I wish but come on, we are almost coming up on an AI winter
>Alienware can do a lot of matrix multiplications! AGI soon!

Attached: B10B59AC-5048-4B25-BB29-9C50C85F008B.jpg (1499x2048, 297K)

>pedantic
Okay, I'll hold your hand through this.
>apolitical
/eJpəˈlJtJk(ə)l/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
adjective: apolitical

not interested or involved in politics.
"he took an apolitical stance"

>In politics, centrism—the centre (British/Canadian/New Zealand/Australian English) or the center (American English)—is a political outlook or specific position that involves acceptance or support of a balance of a degree of social equality and a degree of social hierarchy, while opposing political changes which would result in a significant shift of society strongly to either the left or the right.
And finally, so you don't misuse it again:
>pedantic
/pJˈdantJk/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
adjective: pedantic

excessively concerned with minor details or rules; overscrupulous.
"his analyses are careful and even painstaking, but never pedantic"
synonyms: overscrupulous, scrupulous, precise, exact, over-exacting, perfectionist, precisionist, punctilious, meticulous, fussy, fastidious, finical, finicky

yeah he hardly says anything, mostly just some Quake anecdotes.

>intellectual

Rogan is the first to admit he's a dumb meathead. That's why he likes having smart people on his show, he gets his mind blown easily.

Dumb faggot, you can not care about politics (APLOITICAL) because you think both sides are the same. There is nothing wrong with what i said.

I do admire that part of him. Most people can't do that

Hitler was a leftist. So are the alt right. Stop falling for basic switcheroos.

Attached: 1566833266155.jpg (671x595, 157K)

this
not everything is trannies
christ

It's never too late user, follow your dream

Rightards are obsessed with cock. Everything is trannies.

Nah, you conflated the two.
>conflate
/kənˈfleJt/
Learn to pronounce
verb
past tense: conflated; past participle: conflated

combine (two or more sets of information, texts, ideas, etc.) into one.
"the urban crisis conflates a number of different economic, political, and social issues"

>Dumb faggot, you can not care about politics (APLOITICAL) because you think both sides are the same. There is nothing wrong with what i said.

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

Hitler used the term "socialist" to garner popular support. He was not a socialist, or a leftist

This much projection though desu senpai.

Except historically the "2 party system" was an unintended consequence of a system literally designed in an attempt to eliminate political factionalism without taking into account that people would vote strategically to avoid losing over their true preferences and how single-member districts would make this problem worse.

this
joe being an open-minded everyman makes him a good host for a variety podcast
if he doesn't understand it, there's a good chance a lot of the audience doesn't either

So based

All his policies were left wing: social, finance, government. If any group calls for more government in any sense, they are leftists.

>If any group calls for more government in any sense, they are leftists.
Germany isn't America you fucking retard

I'd hesitate to call him open minded.
He gives it the old college try, but he has trouble getting over himself whenever he doesn't respect a guest or their ideas- interrupting them constantly and drilling down on some tangential minutia while they're trying to make a broader point.

Sorry user, current left right dichotomy is pro/anti trans
Both sides want big government to bully the other side

This is what the brainwashed rightards say as more executive orders are passed, government shutdowns are made, and states of emergencies are declared to sell more weapons to Saudis.

Hitler was effectively left wing, all his policies reflected left wing values. He nationalized a lot of economic sectors

I think im just going to stop arguing with ppl who are inherently stupid

Lolbertarians really are the dumbest people.

you're assuming left or right wing is an economic position

how many times does joe mention DMT this episode?

>brainwashed right
Actual political alignment is multidimensional. Left vs right is for low iq ppl

Yeah he can be a dumb ape but it's his show and kind of the appeal

>AGI in a decade
>But phones won't be more powerful in a decade
I miss intelligent Carmack

He wasn't socially conservative either. His policies were discriminatory, but both sides of the barrel were.

>instant labeling

Ask me how i know youre a leftist

i think we reached to a conclusion that Carnack is an Avatar of Dogbert and we are living in some strange sim made by him.
youtube.com/watch?v=aZ3Y2zgvxBg

BTW the interview is great and Carmack needs to Team up with Romero once more to fuck shit up at id and Todd.

Attached: Dogbert.jpg (313x320, 18K)

I'm a downist

He's right, Phones cant be powerful due to battery limitations and the size of the hardware itself.

Romero is busy working for his wife

This is the comment of a jealous nerd with an unhealthy ego that can't handle that there are people a lot smarter than him in this world.

Can someone tell me where to jump to to get past VR talk?

Attached: link.jpg (936x781, 95K)

Michael Abrash, Mike Acton

Get a load of this memelord

Yes but he's saying there is going to be AGI through some handwaving even thought most professionals in the field say it's not coming and we are coming up on a other AI winter
I would put money on new chip and battery tech coming out then AGI coming out in a decade because "gaming computers can do matric multiplication"

imagine being so autistic you would need to edit out an entire person in a 1 on 1 you wanted to watch

and Abraham Lincoln was a Republican so focus on this and please ignore present day Republican's removing black people from voter roles, it's the Democrats who are the real racists, right? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

Ok please list Carmack's achievements from 2018.

yeah, achieves more semen in his belly

>listening to joe rogan

Attached: 266-2669957_sick-icon-sick-face-emoji-transparent-background.jpg (840x592, 109K)

HIGHEST FUNCTIONING AUTISM

Is the whole video is him shilling for Oculus?

>retarded autist

he sounds like a pretty smart autist to me

Democrats are the most racial discriminate ppl in the US. Everyone is prejudice, but that group lives off it.

Disappointed. Carmack has the same level of insight into the topics he talked about as an average HackerNews poster.
I guess he's done, he got his money he doesn't have to prove anything anymore

Absolute fucking based

Bob Lazar is a scam artist. If Joe actually spent a little time looking into his history he wouldn't be so ready to believe Lazar. Joe gave away in the first few seconds of that podcast that he only had a surface level of knowledge of Lazar. Joe:"I've been following you for a long time... you worked at area 51"
Lazar:"I worked at s4"

lmao I'm gonna use this on faggots

Joes biggest fans are small town folk. They think he's smart because he exposed them to things they've never heard of before.

What will he do now that VR is virtually dead?

For me, it's Brendan Schaub

Attached: 1565407431305.webm (610x676, 2.81M)

Didn't you listen to the interview
He has money, he just wants to tinker and program
He would just go to the cabin in the woods and tinker with whatever he wants

The beauty of having Joe as a host is, he has no understanding of advanced technical level or advanced concepts so the discussion has to stay on the concrete, practional real life level.

>practional
ah i see, anything above nursery level discussion is out of your comprehension you fucking child

Do you get anything from spreading your hate thorough the internet?

less pathetic than being a moba shitter

>heh, I smoke weed bro
>weed and shit MORTY

Attached: bffdaa27331d9ddd2e7db9554fdd5a04.jpg (880x1400, 110K)

And it shows because you're retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=X68Mm_kYRjc

I was amazed at how bright minded John Carmack was.

Then I found this video and I lost every ounce I respect I developed for him in the 2.5 hours I've known him.

never smoked in my life
I wish I didn't know what mobas were

>and I lost every ounce I respect I developed for him in the 2.5 hours I've known him.
why?

Seriously
He should stick to programming

Attached: IMG_1782.gif (300x300, 3.45M)

If he's a retarded autist and he's far more successful at life than you are, what does that make you?

Attached: 1325077152516.jpg (720x540, 71K)

He just has entry level knowledge on everything he talks about outside programming

Watch the video.

He's 5'5".

An expert in his field and sage on all other fields?
Based autist.

Maybe people would ive a shit who carmuck was if he actually made a good game
>muh quake
>muh doom
ok gramps, keep playing your braindead ultra basic games.
>buh buh but you have to memorize healthpack spawning it's soo deeeeeep
go to bed grandpa or its nursing home time

I did
He chokeholds the guy
What am I supposed to be seeing wrong here

Nah, like I said, if you go on hackernews you will have actually more in-depth knowledge then him on those topics
It's like he learned everything from CNN news or something

So he's a retarded autist who went into early pension with shitty games while you are still a failure at life while trying your best? Damn son, the words to describe you don't even exist then because you are a new breakthrough in Human devolution.

>You gotta know where the railgun spawnssss its soooo deeeeep

Yet you named two games he's worked on and made an impact on gaming. You, on the other hand, are shitposting anonymously on Yea Forums and no one will ever know your name nor give a shit. That is your legacy.

>braindead ultra basic games
lmao

No, you fucking idiot. It obviously says on his shirt he doesn't age.

Don't forget Commander Keen. the first 2D side-scroller on PC that ran with acceptable performance.

>SMART THINGS MAKES ME ANGRY!ZTOP LIKING SMART THINGS!
Top kek

Are those games actually good?

Carmack just wants to learn stuff he is interested into
everyone in the world should do the same, but ofc it is easier said than done
I am happy for him
he should have choked Rogan, though, but Joe seems quite nervous to confront the mental beast that is John

cope white boi

He just doesn't give a fuck about the rest, any time spent on other things is time away from his autistic joys.

>everything could be a lie or a conspiracy therefore you should believe nothing except people's opinions on the internet!

wow my eyes are finally open

Did Carmack really kill his cat?

Joe Rogan's audience aren't programmers you dumb idiot.

John Carmack invented realtime 3D, online multiplayer and game modding
the games themselves dont matter much

joe rogan should make a video game where two characters voiced by alex jones and eddie bravo shoot gay frogs and aliens

No, he took it to a shelter.

Don't believe peoples opinions on the internet either

DOWN
DOWN TO CHINATOWN

aka killed it

>hangs out with elon
huge negative

Was Doom 3 the first game to have realtime dynamic lighting?

I skipped watching that video and instead watch this when it popped up in recommends:
youtu.be/BH3ASmdI98w?t=3392

Attached: 1325260194537.jpg (500x381, 13K)

holy shit joe rogan shouldnt be in this podcast at all literal snoozefest questions.

games were made so much better in the 90s and we can never go back.
It's one of those things like people built pyramids but now no one does.

Why is this man spending his time making stupid childish video games when he could be putting his talent into fully electric cars with quick charge and massive load batteries? Or extremely cheap and reusable rockets that are fuel efficient as well?

elon is by far the greatest human currently living. Space travel, electric car thats better than normal cars, satelite internet, huge fucking tunnels, calling pedos out. He is king.

True but sucks none the less, wish he went on about programming and flow states and other stuff he knows instead of giving me the broad strokes of the broad strokes of stuff he doesn't understand
I'm glad HN is up in arms about the AGI comment because that it is top tier ignorance about the field

Depends what you mean by realtime dynamic lighting
It had a stencil shadowing system that was unique, but it didn't really invent anything significant

u r retarded. Elon is the most alpha male on earth, the prime of genetic superiority.

except if you don't believe on enough levels you end up believing in everything because you are not believing in unbelief

>Jrpg player with non existent motors kills detected

Keep playing your single player games loser. We all know it's because you're awful at video games.

>Or extremely cheap and reusable rockets that are fuel efficient as well?
He did run a rocketry company for a while but it took up too much of his time: Armadillo Aerospace.

He hasn't worked at id in like a decade.

Yeah. He's so king he re-married the woman that divorced him once before and is now worth 25% of his possible net worth.

>HUURRRRR I GOTTA KNOW WHEN DA LIGHTNING GUN SPAWNSSS
fortnite is more complex than your baby game, gramps.

Elon is so very problematic, true.

he doesnt give a shit about money, he literally sacraficied all of his money to advance society. fuck off nigger

So complex, a child can play it.

>It's one of those things like people built pyramids but now no one does.
Games in the 90s were incredibly simple, the source code to them is available online, and a high school programmer could reproduce them in a matter of weeks
A better analogy is that in the past, it took the strongest and bravest of men to climb Mt Everest, and now tour guides take quadraplegic grandmas up there in time dinner

>caring about cuck shit
Who gives a fuck, the man is launching SPACE SHIPS
Go watch entertainment tonight and shut your hole.

I mean, VR is still video games.

>it took up too much of his time

More like he DIDN'T have enough time for it. 40 hours at game dev, 20 hours at rocket engineering. If he spent 40-60 hours on rockets instead, he could've made it. His wife made him stop because they were losing massive amounts of money.

>VR is still video games.
Not necessarily. He explains that he eventually sees VR as a replacement for any screen-based activity people use today.

Cucks love the cuck king, eh?

>Read this if you want to be legendary in some field.
But we are all already legendary in shitposting. We shitpost so hard we push people into becoming mass shooters.

Attached: 1325622032619.jpg (400x416, 48K)

Its funny how 2 people with 100 iq differences can sit together and talk about videogames.

Your the one caring about who another man has sex with. I dont even know what his wife looks like, i didnt even know he was married.
SPACE SHIPS

Haha OK loser. Your jealousy is palpale. How about working on making your ego healthy. There are people in this world smarter than you.

you are a loser and you know it, Elon lives 10000x better life than you.

children can play quake, dumb old man.

>umm, Elon is fucking rich bro he's better than you

Pathetic.

>the prime of genetic superiority.
not with this hair

Attached: elon.jpg (618x410, 72K)

t. Carmack
Go kill another cat

Kek owned

at least my girlfriend doesnt look like a goblin

At top level?

He is dumbing it down to normies.

post pic with Yea Forums and date.

oh nononono

Attached: 135.png (680x680, 124K)

literally no one plays quake, they all died of old age. So ya, if a child plays, he will literally be the best in the world.

Cormack is part of the pantheon of computer autists. When he still worked at Id he'd order the exact same pizza, from the exact same store, at the exact same time, every day, for years.

>cargo shorts

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Attached: 67676394_155014332228032_5486413050940217018_n.jpg (1080x1080, 165K)

why the fuck would i do that

looks better than you.
and a blillionaire that everyone admires

yikes.

Attached: asmongold.jpg (400x400, 20K)

I like carmack, I like rogan. This was a tough 2 hrs.

He only goes down on you if you are a self-rightous faggot specializing in preaching and political masturbation, and that's literally the only time he is supposed to be coming down on anyone because if you are an oratory SJW faggot you deserve to be tested in typical cause and effect fashion.
People like Cormack however who actually do shit and don't just shit out ideas without putting their hands at work on them don't require that attitude.

Attached: 1325701984047.gif (499x371, 478K)

I admired his technical expertise and what he did for videogame graphics but as videogames Quake and Doom and have been disastrous for the industry. Thanks to those games we have a sea of retards who only care K/D ratio and braindead fps games. Neither Quake or Doom are good videogames a sa whole, Doom has great level design and art design but dumb gameplay and Quake is a fucking insult to anyone that like good videogames, with a gameplay that is the equivalent of a videogame parody.

yes, why? you wouldnt lie on the internet after all, now back to your miserable life wagie.

Attached: Motorcycle_Helmet_Cover_-_Red_2.1_c51e09a6-8b15-407c-bd74-eaaac23b014c.jpg (750x750, 46K)

Shut the fuck up you retard, your comebacks are watering down further and further.
My 5 yo students play fortnite.

>Elon Musk is the alpha male bro
>I fucking love him
>he's superior genetically
>he has a huge dick
>he has a lot of money
>he's so sexy

Are you people unironic fags? Who talks about other men like this?

wouldnt take a very big lie to get a girl who looked better than grimes

And my dead great grandfather used to play quake.

based Carmack, rocking out the boomercore fashion like he doesn't give a fuck.

Joe Rogan is a boring host. Carmack should be on Howard Stern.

Based grandpa.

You're a massive idiot. Go play some more jrpgs retard. We all know you prefer single player games because you're not good enough play against real people.

now I get it, you're one of those people who lives vicariously through others. I pity you

POST A SERVER RIGHT NOW AND FIGHT ME BRAH. I WILL PWN YOUR NOOB ASS.

BUT YOU WONT. YOU DONT EVEN PLAY QUAKE.

REKT

God damn Carmack is a fucking manlet.

Attached: xd_id_014.jpg (320x240, 16K)

imagine being male and caring about the height of another male

no I'm just not a loser hater like u are haha

Attached: YlPK08v.jpg (885x597, 251K)

Quake was never popular with children and I'm willing to bet you could never be good at it. Your slow retarded motorskills wouldn't allow it

Caring about videogames purely as a competition is the mark of a lesser mind.

Attached: plebs.jpg (225x225, 8K)

POST A SERVER BRAH

Attached: 1541006783779.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Without memeing it's Tesla astroturfing.

'Competition is for lesser minds' says the one who can't compete.

A car that drives it fucking self. Elon is a GOD of the future. He is bringing the era that was supposed to happen long ago.

I wonder how many people in this thread would join said server...

Looking at back it Doom is kind of cringe. It was like what someone making fun of videogames thought videogames were. I wish it had stayed an RPG.

daikatana

Even his engineers think he's full of shit on that one

0 no one here plays games. only in their rotten senile minds do they vaguely remember the glory of their youth and pretend it still exists.

Just ignore all the car crashes and dead bodies.

I'd join the server.

had to turn it off after 3 minutes. i'm sure he's a fine coder but he's just boring as shit

Do you losers play quakeworld? I'll spank you both right now?

>t. part time mcdonalds employee

If all you can appreciate of vieogames is competition in an FPS the you are a brute and an idiot, purely fodder at best. Quake is garbage and the industry would have been better off without. We wouldn't have such a stupid consumer base if it wasn't for that retard manchild mobile called Quake.

Why is he still so hot even tho he's old now..

>doesn't mention his stance on loli
Coward

Attached: A25C887E-C7BA-4265-91AD-9D8325CE2B56.jpg (768x576, 50K)

>tfw no bunny hopping cars
why even live

Attached: 1564659992154.jpg (280x275, 9K)

MP games are shit, so i hope no one would waste their time with it.

Please be careful when playing Quake. Many of you don’t know that joe rogan was addicted to quake. He used to build computers and even had a t1 line installed in his house. Exercise caution. Also try DMT

Healthy exercise and pizzas.

>What's Dota?
And people listen to this assclown.

No matter what you play, there will be a way to win or lose. Competition is the next logical step once you're done playing against an easy computer.

>youtube.com/watch?v=csl7e0TU44U

Attached: pegg.png (522x538, 469K)

>Calling pedos out

Um how is that a good thing

Attached: boogie.png (1023x576, 408K)

The point if videogames is not to win or lose. Winnning or losing exist to serve the wider purpose of a videogame work.

>what's dota
ASSFAGGOTS utterly and absolutely BTFO
how will they ever recover

Attached: 1553679912181.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

What fun is a game if you're never going to have any challenge to overcome? You might as well just read a book.

>im going to feign ignorance in an attempt to troll my peers!
>this won't backfire and make me look like a total chode!

Better lock your basement, Josef.

>Still remembers frtizel
Holy fuck you're an actual child rapist

Challenge is only one of the things that can make a videogame engaging, but having the whole medium be represented by challenge for challenge sake would be boring.

Incorrect, kind zoomer.

As opposed to what?

Can you believe Joe played Quake 3-4 hours a fucking day? How does a man even play that much video games every day? Does he not have a life?

Imagine being this much of a fan of Adam Conover.

A fucking Faceberg employee

>3-4 hours a fucking day
Haha yeah that would be crazy...

>no one cares who you vote for
>calls rightwings cunts

Attached: 1395115848340.png (495x470, 305K)

Hey bro why did you ignore my post?
I though Carmack achieves amazing things every year?

Tell us what games high iq individuals like yourself play.

how do u go from being obsessed with quake and be gaming addicted to not knowing anything about modern games, did he just stop playing games completely?

Persona 5. Not like you retarded westacucks would understand its intimacies because it's not esports cancer.

POST A SERVER BRAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Let these old haggard Quake boomers TRY to back up their talk. LET THEM TRY! It will end in failure. Like Carmuck's podcast.

rightwingers are dumb cunts

Its safer than every car ever made. The # of bodies is nothing compared to the number that stuck up every day from every car manufacturer ever since the beginning of cars existence.

Boomers tend to only ever play 1 or 2 games ever
Like my dad only played Doom or Red Alert

like others said, he was never really a "true" gamer
he just really liked quake, thats it
he at least plays quake champions he talks about it in some other podcasts

>Persona 5.
OHONONONONONONON
WE GOT OURSELVES A TRANNY WEEB
OHOONNONONONONO

>fags here unironically shitting on Carmack
Man, kids these days really don't know shit.

So this is what computer geniuses look like...

Attached: yikes.png (721x721, 1.16M)

The Witness and Naissance

Im doin it ironically if it makes you feel better

It's just Romero, who is still mad that Carmack showed literal rocket scientists up and is working on greater technology while he is still making Doom maps when he comes home from a day at the gas station.

Didn't he just have Burning Sandals on his podcast?

hey
I got a couple of shorts exactly just like those
nice

Its hard to believe such a simple looking dude ruined videogames for almost 2 decades with his shit genres.

>love vidya
>see vidya getting raped to death for multiple decades while all "fans" ask for more bastardization of your beloved hobby
quite understandable to stop caring

He's a genius programmer and I love hearing him talk about cars, but the first part was his being pretty stupid about complex topics

t. plays games made by and staring literal trannies

The gay on this lad...

>cargo shorts
>hiking shoes
>humorous t-shirt
Literally me all Summer.

are you telling me you've never enjoyed an FPS

>love vidya
>wont post a quake server
I dont think you do love vidya

He didn't like videogames, he just liked Quake. Its like people who are really into Harry Potter don't like literature, they just like Harry Potter.

Quake isn't a video game, it's a tool for stroking your own ego.

Nintendies and weebs are on a relentless vendetta against FPS. Just chalk it up as the ramblings of a low test individual and move on.

I have never enjoyed an MP fps game. And all the FPS i enjoyed have been the ones that offer something else besides pure action. Games like Quake get dull super fast.

This post confuses me

Jesus Christ I hope this is bait.

do you get anything from responding to me? you want me to apologise to you bitch boy?

I'm actually really excited for Moore's law capping out soon and hopefully that limit lasts for decades.

Chasing ever increasing graphical standards, building new game engines to meet new architectural paradigms, game studios killing themselves spending 100+ million dollars developing next-gen titles that also have to somehow appeal to everyone to make their money back or the studio closes. The increasing cost of game development in terms of both time and resources has had some serious side effects.

I think around the years 2000-2006 was this golden era where this critical point was reached where game development and the size of the industry was in the perfectly balance Goldilocks zone. You didn't need microtransactions, you didn't need to compromise your vision to appeal to "a wider audience", you didn't need pre-order bonuses and loot boxes. All you needed to do to make a successful game was find your little niche and make a good game in that niche and that's all it needed to be successful. Your niche game wasn't relegated to indie game status and sold digital only, you could have your niche game on the shelf alongside the huge mass market games and you could make your niche game with a decent budget.

Attached: critical point.png (529x284, 42K)

Apologize, if you are man enough.

Do you think he wears that shirt when he isn't appearing as a popular game dev on a talk show?

Video games are meant to be for fun, not for autistically comparing yourself to everyone else in some sort of fake competition.

wtf are you talking about?

A walking sim and a puzzle game. Wow you've humbled us with your intellect .

>I'm actually really excited for Moore's law capping out soon
it already did ten years ago

>complaining about things not getting too technical

There's probably some bottom 1000 programming podcast you can listen to, that's not what Rogan is for.

I have fun playing quake, I don't play multiplayer because I'm bad and don't like interacting with people

kek
imagine being salty and passive agressive enough to type this out

Attached: 2007graffucks.jpg (1920x810, 780K)

Dumb quake retard.

Gayyyyyyyy

I actually didn't know ghetto wasn't a synonym for slum or "slum but with black people". It's usually used one of those two ways, but googling the real definition helps me understand why.

>Games like Quake get dull super fast

Yeah I can imagine losing all the time gets dull

>NO SERVER POSTED BRUAH

This. Problem is that people have issues seperating Economic policies (left right) to social policies (auth. lib.), Hitler was a left wing extreme authoritarian, he held a firm grasp on the german economy (altough not as firm as the USSR) along with having authoritarian social policies, thing is, since in america right wingers tend to be conservatives and leftists tend to be liberal people tend to mix them up in America and since most of us are retarded we tend to listen to the bullshit they say and the rest of the world adopted that viewpoint, they do not understand that the terms left wing and right wing are things learnt in basic economics.

Winning or losing in Quake, gets dull, you are just doing the same thing over and over again. Its like being a rat in a wheel, except the rat running in the wheel is at least getting some exercise while playing Quake just makes you more and more stupid.

I think I got you questioning your actions which is a small satisfaction.

retard

ok

>he's a genius coder bro
>alright, guess I'll look him up
>part of the team that made Doom and Quake

What? That's it? And games after that flopped.

>This is your brain on libertarianism

His fans don't think he's smart. He is constanly called a dumbass in his comments, and sometimes calls himself a dumbass.
No idea where this, Joe Rogan is smart bullshit came from.
He's just easy to talk to, and willing to talk to anyone despite potential stigma from his LA peers.

it makes any mario maker runner cry in agony
and this is Keen 1

Attached: 013.gif (1984x1168, 83K)

>Economic policies (left right) to social policies (auth. lib.)
thats not how it works

Keen 1-3 were pretty bad
Keen 4 is a great game, 5 and 6 are ok but nowhere near as good as 4

Settle down kiddo. You've already outed yourself as a weak wristed nerd with poor motors kills and an unhealthy ego. I understand you need a sense of superiority to not feel like a complete loser but pretending you're an intellect by exclusively playing indie puzzle games is pathetic. It makes you an edgelord.

user caring about winning over and over in a game, makes you an idiot. There is no other way about it. The point of a videogame is not to win, fuck the point of a videogame is not even to have fun.

that's exactly how that works, certain policies can effect social aspects absolutely, if you decide to tax the black man more than the white man for some reason it's obviously a leftist authoritarian choice, you can mix those up, the issue comes when people confuse being authoritarian with automatically being right economically, they can absolutely be seperated and for some reason (at least from what I see) those fags over in the US don't seem to be able to seperate those two along with left+lib

The smell of Sony Faggotry coming out of this Post...

THE POINT OF EVERYTHING IS TO WIN GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!! THAT IS LIFE ITSELF!!! IT IS THE ENTIRETY OF EXISTENCE!!!!!!!
YOU ARE THE SCUM BENEATH MY FEET YOU WORM!!!!!

I mean left/right wing isn't an exclusively economic division, and fascists are classified as right-wing

>if you decide to tax the black man more than the white man for some reason it's obviously a leftist authoritarian choice
lmao, what the fuck? Under what made up definition do you get this?

is this what peak autism looks like?

whats the point of a video game then

New thread