What even is this game?

I'm about three missions in, didn't follow any of the hype or watch trailers etc and I just can't get my head around what this game is supposed to be about

Attached: control.jpg (2000x1492, 472K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/870780/Control/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've played for like an hour but
>MC was on the ground zero of an SCP, the Bureau came and kidnapped her brother
>she's been looking for them all this time
>also has a voice in her head than the janitor replies too, might be the player
>the Director of the Bureau has a special SCP weapon that changes forms and chooses its wielder
>Director kys and gun chooses you as the new Director
>also there's a "Board" that seem like Eldritch beings
>building is infected
>gotta deal with it and find your bro
Ain't hard OP

Is it good?

>can't get my head around what this game is supposed to be about
Look for your brother, fix an extra-dimensional threat and use Force powers because you can.
Also its horror I guess.

Yes, I think so.

Pro-tip; Max your throwing ability asap and speedrun the main story missions until you get
flight

Pretty good despite some issues on the base PS4, game is clearly designed for higher-end PC's but so far I haven't had anything that frustrates me.
The game is interesting enough to power through the bad and when you encounter the Altered Objects things can take an odd turn.

>what even is this game?
A tech demo

Wasn't that Quantum Break?

well, guess this is a(nother) tech demo for ray tracing? I guess

Its Alan Wake but with Stephen King knockoff character replaced with Swedish crime tv show tough female cop, and instead of shining flashlight on things you throw stuff instead.

Why is her head so big?

Everybody is talking PS4 but what about Xbox One? I don't have an One X so I'm guessing it's gonna run pretty bad on the original Xbox One. My option is to upgrade to One X or get it for my laptop but I hate PC gaming.

Don't have an Xbox One so I can't tell you first hand but apparently its more or less the same as the PS4 but with some stutter thrown about.

you guys dont seriously play games with female protagonists, do you?

It's okay, i'm a girl.

Digital foundry shows that both PS4 Pro and OneX stutters at certain points, but PS4 Pro dips even worse. Worst is for vanilla PS4, it can get so bad that you'll even need to shut the console down from time to time to avoid breaking the fan

no you're not.

Pretty fun to throw shit around. But there's not much variety to the powers. Shooting is usual Remedy game play. Don't care much for the story at the moment. Lore is neat though.

It's kino.

Attached: CNTRL61.jpg (3840x1677, 2.91M)

AAA garbage

I'm trying to play it but my buccaneer CODEX copy refuses to work more than 5 minutes before shutting down. Shit.

Attached: that face though.png (1920x1080, 3.28M)

It isn't AAA

Attached: CNTRL58.jpg (2151x2160, 2.17M)

Also PSA to like 0.1% of the userbase: turn off SSAO if you use all of the RT features. It's unnecessary and makes some stuff inaccurately darker than it's supposed to be. RT Indirect diffuse lighting accounts for proper 'ambient occlusion' as well. Just kind of a bummer it's so fucking noisy.

The Elite are all about transcendence and living forever and the secrets of the Universe.

It's really stupid. Basically someone wanted to make a bad movie with nice special effects and appease the feminist political agendas. Then they put in really weak TPS gameplay and an unimpressive psychokinesis gimmick and here we are.

This is the state of AAA titles in 2019. Bad TV shows for women with tepid gameplay segments.

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.08.28 - 19.29.31.38.png (1920x1080, 1.23M)

>appease the feminist political agendas
Such as?

A game made about women, for women that doesn't trigger women by making attractive ones and celebrates menopause? I dunno, man.

Well you might just be retarded, which isn't uncommon for an OP.

That's what I thought. No more questions.

So basically nothing you're just making up shit in your head?

We playing the same game? It's a lesbain power fantasy.

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.08.28 - 19.24.27.85.png (1920x1080, 810K)

>475941001
No more (you)s for that shitpost.
Get yourself better material next time

About the power of stronk redhead vagina who destroys a white male building and is capable of anything

Can you get the ps4 bodysuit on pc?

la creatura

What aside from the existence of women makes it a lesbian fantasy?

It starts super slow when you only have the pistol cause the gunplay isnt super satisfying but the game really picks up once you have the first power and some weapon variety.

The rest of the powers arent as fun to lay with as launch but they add to the game.

The atmosphere/lore is hit or miss tho.

Anyone know where the traffic lights are in the panopticon?
I lost all orientation and where haven't looked yet.

It's okay to above average depending on what you're looking for.

Overall the writing and presentation of the game is the best part.
The combat is mediocre to okay.

If someone made a game a beautiful man who goes around having straight men fall in love with him and he uses his seductive powers to charm his way through the game, getting information and free gifts and food from men just from being so damn sexy (while looking like pic), you'd say the game was a ridiculous fantasy of someone with serious gender hangups.

But here we have a game about superwomen in power positions beating up a bunch of men and soldiers and knowing how to use weapons and tools without having a mental breakdown and that's just hunky dory?

Attached: 22222.jpg (789x1100, 238K)

4th floor

Is that it? I'm playing on PC, I had that one unlocked from the beginning

So you're a retard who interpreted people giving her information because she's literally the only person with psychic powers resistant to the most immediate threat to everyone in the entire establishment and has now been granted powers of the director by being qualified for such as a power fantasy? Despite gender being no part of it which is clear because the other directors were male and this is never brought up to question. Despite gender never being brought up because every character in the game including men are dealing with a paranormal threat that could end their reality at any moment?

So basically you ignored the context and stakes of everything around you to come up with some retarded theory that its a power trip because the person in charge is a woman?

jesus christ she is literally just a skin. the player character, not an actual person in a realistic world. Who gives a fuck if the thing youre using to experience the game has boobs and long hair or muscles and short hair.
just take a look at yourself and what you're arguing about.

la creatura...

Attached: 1521276365652.jpg (1024x294, 37K)

go watch netflix while holding a controller, since that's what you seem to be looking for from video games. Be sure to put 'female positive' into your search query though.

why are her hands so big?

>What even is this game?
It's an Epic exclusive AKA not worth making threads about.

>I did not payed it the but I know everything about it
Hmm please tell me more

Look at "her" chin and ask again

>I did not payed it the but I know everything about it
Hmm please tell me more you lying sack of shit

I don't know why they had to give her a "stronger" jaw instead of just letting it the same size as the actual model it was made after. Her jaw is big enough to begin with. Some stupid landwhale "dev" came with that idea I bet. Couldn't stand that people substantially better looking than her diversity hired smelly ass exist.

Attached: control_model.jpg (683x1024, 184K)

not for nothing but that does look like a painted man. Not coincidentally either, I bet.

remedy's worst game

Told in a convoluted way.

Tech demo.

Real life women don't look like the surgically altered Asian "models" that you fap at, user.

Attached: kek.jpg (600x800, 53K)

this is copied from a previous thread

Attached: CNTRL51.jpg (3840x2160, 1.75M)

>tfw no cute plastic wife that breeds sons with strong jaws

Should I get this or Astral Chain? I just finished God of War 3 and SotN, which game scratches the itch more of it’s respected genre?

This seems a bit like ACfag to me. Don’t be like ACfag, user.

Can't be worse than Quantum Break mate

I'll buy it when I don't have to install even more bloat.

These are also the two games that have interested me, and I didn’t even know Control existed before this week. I’m going with Astral Chain because (A)it’s more of a game in the traditional sense
(B) Platinum (C) Control will likely be 70% off in a couple months unlike Astral which will sit at $60

Is this gonna come to Steam?

>here we have a game about superwomen in power positions beating up a bunch of men and soldiers
So she doesn't go around having straight women fall in love with her?

>Steam

Kys. GOG when? :'D ......

Shhh it was me in yesterday's thread too I just didn't wanna rewrite it

Both are good though.

Attached: CNTRL65.jpg (3840x1677, 3.72M)

There's a steam store page for it but it's not searchable within steam.

store.steampowered.com/app/870780/Control/

I think she's kindof hot desu.

this is a garbage game that they paid you to shill on an anonymous imageboard everday for $100 per month.

>t roastie posing as a feminist

That's funny because it's almost as if you're a white supremacist in this post.

Just stop reading what that faggot says, the game isn't political at all lol. For every woman you meet in the game that's an actual interactive character, there's also a man. Besides this there's nothing sjw about it. No mention of anything cringe or politics, or even implied in any way

ORANGE PEEL

Good points, Astral Chain it is

go eat your onions

Not for years. Publishing on GOG is the same as handing it over for pirates for free.

cope

Attached: CNTRL63.jpg (3840x1673, 3.75M)

>game just comes out
>not allowed to talk positive about it otherwise you’re a shill
Jesus the fucking paranoia on this cunt

It's good but Launch (the telekenesis throw) is overpowered and makes the pistol feel weak regardless of configuration, and a lot of the boss battles feel enemy spammy.

I feel like the game would be a lot better and fun if the dash ability could be held down for a continual dash instead of a short-range dash.

>475942245
>475942328
Sure thing

Attached: СTR.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

Sam Lake with red wig

is this tranny?

Attached: 1565980843772.png (662x478, 22K)

If you hide every post pertaining to screeching about the female protagonist, these threads actually become tolerable.

dios mio....

I like the aesthetic of this game

Why do Remedy only make the most bland, uninteresting third person shooters over and over?

You guys aren't this retarded right? You know that the reason the character looks just like the voice actor is so that they can utilize new facial recognition technology in an attempt to give characters a more human look. Like you can't be this ignorant of how the industry works.

This. I like the general setup and look of the game but the gameplay itself looks so bland. I’ll get it when it’s on super discount, just to see the environments and stuff

I don't mind female protagonists. Control's MC isn't a female, it's a male wearing a wig

They used the same technique that la noire used I think

if you hide and this thread, the board actually becomes tolerable
fuck off shill

Her character's also meant to look like someone who worked as a janitor and gas station attendant her whole life.

So do that?

They’re being slightly retarded, but I do think it’s stupid when they use an actor and then make them uglier in asinine ways for the sake of not having as attractive of a protagonist

Desu, if I had to choose between plastic, and the man jawed monstrosity in this pic, I'd take plastic any day. It's not our fault that "real life women" like yourself were cursed with masculine features.

please use a tripcode so I can filter all your shill posting, thank you.

Does it run better than Quantum Break? That game was so unoptimized.

Apparently not

Who do you think I am, Sam Lake? Like he'd come here and shill his game as if I don't have anything better to do.

There's nothing to suggest that other than your bias to push this narrative that its some sjw propaganda. The actor Courtney Hope has the same facial structure, it might actually be a limitation of the technology not some stupid political agenda. Keep in mind if you know anything about art its alot easier to make a woman look like a man than vice versa.

But you just posted pics of a real life woman? Are you saying women can get plastic surgeries IRL but can't in a video game? Just fucking scale down her chin polygons lmao

Is he in?

Attached: file.png (400x225, 127K)

nevermind, I'll hide them manually, bye bye fucker.

visually ugly and confusing game while being extremely simplistic

>visually ugly
>confusing
You've got to be joking.

>No difficulty modes

The game looks so easy I think I'd get bored with it quickly.

It's about Control.

Attached: 4.webm (888x500, 2.8M)

Tech demo masturbation with muh strong female lead

gender role reversal is the theme of the zoomer generation.

Can't a game just have a female protagonist without you people fitting it into whatever political narrative you have in your dumb heads?

DEATH STRANDING

The graphical effects look nice, but it still looks like the most boring game ever invented.

Makes you wonder how much money Nvidia paid them. With their new line not selling enough, and after they failed to cash in on the crypto miner craze by jacking up the price, they had to find a way to get actual gamers to justify buying their overpriced beta testing card.
>What with all that good will they fucking squandered for miner shekels
Hope raytracing failed to punish Nvidia for their shit so they'd learn to not be fucking Jews about shit.

Yuri is based tho

super boring. You just run around collecting stuff to read (you do this more than combat) and listening to exposition. All the while having feminism shoved down your throat.

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.08.29 - 09.58.47.28.png (1920x1080, 1.82M)

Girls?! In MY vidya?!

Attached: 1562802608973.jpg (1200x1200, 60K)

THERE IS NO FUCKING FEMINIST AGENDA IN THIS GAME

well they look like girls but the act like dudes. Just look at how they're calmly having a civil conversation about facts. Horseshit.

only lucky few have no problems

How the fuck is the gender or a protagonist even close to politics?

yeah, it's just a regular feminist agenda

Ok so either I am doing something wrong, or this game has some serious bug issues. 2 things keep happening to me:

1) The F prompt for claiming a control point does not appear sometimes. Then when I return to the area after using elevator, it appears.

2) I just tried to go to Parapsychology in Research. I destroyed the two red things over and over and kept hitting the red wall, nothing happens. Gave up, when to grab a prize from Executive.

Then I went back and the door is open! What the fuck? Is this just a bug the red screaming wall was supposed to disappear after I destroy the 2 red things?

Attached: mkultra.webm (404x720, 2.53M)

>Ugly, non-objectifiable girls?! In MY vidya?!
fixed

There's not a single ugly girl in the game.

what is wrong with her face?

Attached: Control Screenshot 2019.08.29 - 09.42.02.93.png (1920x1080, 1.77M)

Jesse is a cute girl.

>feminism shoved down your throat
blatant lie or you are just ultra retarded

It's actually surprisingly tough. Enemies can kill you pretty damn quickly.

The graphics are pretty good and you can destroy pretty much any object in the game, but the fights are so rare you don't even get to enjoy it.

It's feminism and Dyke Planet™: The Game. What do you mean?

only got up to the first boss but so far I think it's a fantastic game but I have a soft spot for games like this where you turn up to a mysterious facility and need to figure out what's going on (bioshock, prey, dead space etc)

I havent encountered any bug this far (nearing the end of the game) but i noticed that the control points require you to be super close to activate them.

The red walls thats weird i mean you obviously know how they work , but i have never had a problem getting them to "open" , maybe you missed one of the red thingies?

There can be more than two red masses. Three of them is actually pretty common.

Name one actual case of "feminism/Dyke Planet" in the game.

>Why yes! This game was made for me. How can you tell?

Attached: thumb.jpg (475x323, 66K)

As someone who's been playing the game, seeing the feminist propaganda guy has really turned me around. I thought it was just a fun, goofy X-Files sort of story, but really it's been instructing me to go to the local Planned Parenthood to get myself neutered.

What was the mystery in Dead Space? It always felt pretty straightforward to me. Was it that your gf was ded?

Ok I know the pic is bait but you know those are just people wearing masks right?
Also there are 3 red things, game tells you about rule of 3 with the light switch

This is based, though. Dykes are based.

Attached: e1266c7e7379e5b23b4f16c9537df0d1.jpg (564x992, 63K)

right on the box cover.

Don’t reply to the paranoid, he’s turned into a jew screaming anti semitism at every turn, just applied it to sjw shit

@475947407
So, you literally have no actual examples of this and you're just sperging because you're mentally ill and your parents never once thought to put you down like the rabid dog you are?

>It's feminism
Every women in the game is a psycho.

Im missing 1 "house memory" to upgrade the base form of the pistol, i remember getting those near the start of the game.

Now i havent gotten 1 for a while (talking some hours of gameplay) while getting higher level materials.

Should i go near the starting zones and try to find some Hiss there for a drop?

Also a bit curious. I've been getting some in the later zones too but they are really rare, is there a trick to them or is it entirely RNG?

There's no trick to finding specific types of materials. It's all spread out fairly evenly throughout the course of the game. If you play for 15 more minutes you'll probably acquire a house memory.

I seriously hope you guys didn't do bad on your clairvoyance tests.

I pirated it you faggot, now take your paranoia somewhere else

Is not a big deal since launch is so op that i only use the pistol to wait for the launch cd but i have cleared som hours of gameplay since i first noticed the 3/4 house memories for the upgrade. Thats why i asked (im up to the atlas chamber).

Did putin specifically tell his media trolls to target a remedy game to piss of finns?
What garbage threads.

its payne!

Attached: maxcontrol.jpg (1920x1080, 218K)

like playing a jedi puzzle game, pretty average

if it's a game i'll play it.

i'm sorry for that

Cute

[Finnish Tango intensifies]

Attached: 1566314473780.jpg (800x421, 18K)

The graphics and overly dramatic FEAR-like particle effects are the only reason to play this game.

Attached: game.webm (888x500, 2.95M)

ehhhhhhhhhhh, it's slightly above average imo

not worht it at full price at all

nah, that's a cross dresser, most people think they're the same but they couldn't be more wrong

Has anyone fully unlocked the seize tree?
I don't like seize so I haven't bothered but I'm curios is the two sidegrades would make it interesting.

same reason why disney is make live action animated films, because it makes them money

God I'd love to facefuck _it

Attached: 1550294770621.gif (294x331, 3.74M)

Is the level design good?
Remedy games have been extremely linear so far, but I heard this one has some exploration

>graphics
Those animations look like complete ass though

why do dykes still wear bras?

Dykes are for WOMEN only in order to preserve the sanctity of pure yuri love.

Attached: de9bd4082a01fd92904d45c478c3daa9.jpg (564x751, 67K)

The combination of femininity and masculinity is attractive to them

puzzles force you to backtrack, if that's your thing then i guess you'll like it.

also there isn't really anything worthy to explore

You're in a giant building and every new map is a new floor, kinda
You can explore and find dark souls bonfires to fast travel, level up etc

Attached: 1567087070142.webm (888x500, 2.97M)

I wish more shooters looked like this, imagine this level of destruction and particle effects in a better game.

>also there isn't really anything worthy to explore
how about multiple optional bosses and additional paranatural reading?

The level design is so boring. Who thought it was a good idea setting the game in the most possible boring setting possible? Oh wow more office chairs and grey walls. I love that shit!

Also the RPG-lite mechanics are garbage.

Attached: kermit-1651325_960_720.jpg (960x635, 184K)

this desu. I tried really hard to like the game but it's a slog to get through and there's not enough combat encounters

Attached: 1520594020377.jpg (700x670, 80K)

>pure yuri love
>3dpd
hah

I'm liking it a lot but then again I love SCP so there's that

I'm having a good time with it since I'm not a gamer who can't play a game for more than 5 minutes without having to jerk off to the characters. Doesn't really bother me that I'm playing a dyke, I'm just here to tear shit up and kill SCPs.

Why are the GTX1080 benchmarks of this game shit? What engine is it anyway?

>What engine is it anyway?
"...and is built using Remedy's proprietary Northlight Engine, which was first used on the company's previous title Quantum Break."

No, that would be JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Attached: CNTRL59.jpg (1846x2160, 1.95M)

How’s the shooting and movement? Quantum break felt so sluggish and clunky to me

How to I get to '???'. I feel like I already tried all possible elevations on all sides.

Attached: 1560886219817.png (361x314, 143K)

If I'm not mistaken you reach that place from the large reactor core area.

Alannette Wake escapes SCP Containment?

I only tried the upper path sicne I thought the lower on is just some room in the pump room, thanks.
Still I can't access that path between janitor and pump room.

Is the supplemental emergency call document a reference to lain?

If I enjoy Control, should I play Quantum Break?

Attached: 1558112047998.jpg (473x553, 83K)

how is this game compared to max payne series

I really like this so far and I'm surprised. Although the story feels like it's written by a larping boomer

Attached: 1564071082320.png (343x287, 143K)

Not really comparable on any level. It's more like an extremely neutered version of cell factor.

I get 60fps with a 1stgen ryzen and a 1060. Of course there's a simple trick but you don't deserves your 1080 if you can't find it.

Attached: Control_DX11_2019_08_29_18_00_20_115.png (1920x1080, 1.88M)

>dx11
If that "trick" is turning off a setting, it's not a "trick" so much as it is gimping the game.

Is there a true ending if you do all the post-game shit? If not I don't think I'll bother, the few sidequests that I did during the main story were not very interesting.

The DX version barely matter so no, that ain't it, and you don't lose graphic effects by choosing 11 over 12, even the raytracing doesn't need it iirc

Oh hey it's Jordan Peterson
Clean your Bureau!

why is she so ugly compared to the real life model?

What a let down. The combat is pure garbage.

Bad face scanning

It has some interesting stuff, shame the haircut also changes with the costumes.

Attached: Control_20190829180026.jpg (3840x2160, 1013K)

Why don't they fix it up post scan then? Why do they just slap it into the game and leave it in such an unappealing state?

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.08.29 - 11.33.36.45.png (1920x1080, 878K)

How the funk do you get that outfit?

I don't know. Maybe 3D scanning leaves messy topology that's hard to work with.
Recent Capcom games also have some ugly 3D face scans, but Death Stranding for example seems to have made them work

one thing that certainly does better then Quantum Break is the gameplay pace. You do end up fighting a lot in well designed rooms with nice mixes of enemy types, with little amount of waiting time in between. I like how sometimes enemies just show up in whatever room you are, giving a new combat scenario, even though the player already fought in there its sort of a remix situation, new enemy types, differently positioned, and now the player having new gear, etc...
What sucks is that the core of the gameplay isnt that deep, you got few weapons and few powers, kind of a missed opportunity, Quantum Break had a better set of tools, but the combat sections were very strict.

Maybe the difference is that it's made by kojima that doesn't pander to feminists?

I got this with my 2070S, but I'm not sure if I want to install it or not.
Does it have long drawn out cutsceens at all? If so I'm just going to hard skip it.

its the same, I like it, but yeah, it didnt change from QB

I honestly have a hard time reading this map, I cant get into how it separates floors.

I am liking how you can play with everything of the HUD turned off, the only thing I have is the low ammo warning, everything else, even cross-hair, is off

It's the remedy game with the least amount of cutscenes, it still suffers from the usual protagonist's thoughts narrating every single thing that plagues their games.

I doubt that Trish in DMC 5 was meant to look so weird, but the 3D model is just wonky.
Smae with the MC of Control, she doesn't look slightly deformed in the concept art

>it still suffers from the usual protagonist's thoughts narrating every single thing
she has dialogue with a being

>it still suffers from the usual protagonist's thoughts narrating every single thing that plagues their games
I can tune this out at least, I just detest having control taken away in action games since it utterly kills the flow.
I'll give it a try, thanks user

With just small tweaks she could have looked more like this, and much more attractive. Similar jaw.

What went wrong?

Attached: dudleymoore.jpg (2000x3000, 572K)

>even cross-hair
Why would you do this to yourself

Why do they go out of their way to make ray tracing unrealistic for the sake of
>MUH TECHNOLOGY

the game is really generous with the aiming, id even take out the hitmarker if I could.
it makes it a lot cooler to see the debris and effects that happen when you shoot without having the crosshair on top.

Extremely tight, controller on pc feels great, I usually use kb+m but the controller feels really tight and responsive

Had the same problem at first, there’s a double door south east of the coolant pump room up the stairs

Depends on the TV you watch. I'm assuming you're into Control for the story, not the gameplay. If you're into poorly acted, shitty dialogue, and otherwise crowd-pleasing TV, you might not mind it because it has good gameplay elements.

So what's the deal with the duck? Do I just follow it?