It's actually good

It's actually good.

Attached: Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Edition_PS4_Front_OFLC_R1YJMN5GBHDX.jpg (802x999, 155K)

New Tomb Raider games are decent gameplay wise other than the stupid fucking backtracking that drove me insane if you wanted to complete shit.
Also vanilla reboot Lara is the prettiest she has ever been.

The first one is good > Rise is playable > Shadow is crap . I think thats how it goes

they're all kind of decent imo. but just somehow uninteresting.

Really liking the levels in this one. Kinda simplistic but still encouraging exploration. Makes for fast, fun play.

Main problem with these games is lack of a good villain.

they need to stop making these

At least first one is kinda interesting in it's own way, second one is blatant copy of Uncharted 2/3. Haven't played the third one yet.

You know, old-school Tomb Raider's platforming was simplistic, but it wasn't fucking boring. That Anniversary/Legend/Underworld trilogy had the grappling hook thing which didn't change much but added a nice sense of momentum.

Why oh why would you downgrade from that to Uncharted-style nothing?

It really isn't
These nu TRs are more soulless than AssCreed games

tombs are the only worthwhile thing to find while exploring. everything else is just collectibles like gps caches. and there's a lot of that shit.

See how you're enjoying the game but Yea Forums is telling you otherwise? Remember that.

It's better than Legend and II. I haven't gotten far into it but if the quality keeps up this will probably be in the top 3 tr games for me behind III and anniversary.

I didn't like it
it was a generic 3rd person shooter with zero survival mechanics, and the trailers would imply they'd been in the game

If you like exploration then try Rise and Shadow as well.

PLOT twist

Their all terrible, and I've played all three of them. Rise has cutest Lara, 2013 has best gameplay out of all of them. Shadow is just fucking boring to play and too much of a retread of Rise.

Its not like their terrible looking games, they just have awful stories, awful dialogue. To this day I still haven't ever watched all the cutscenes in Tomb Raider 2013, because I just want to see Lara's ass and tits- Same with Rise. Shadow can fuck right off. Her character design is ugly.

>awful stories, awful dialogue
You forgot awful characters. I don't even remember any other characters from the games than Lara. Okay maybe one or two from shadow, but that's because I played through it only recently

It was pretty much soulless AAA game THE GAME of the time. Technically great but nothing actually interesting. Had to force myself to finish the last few hours.

It was *actually* the most boring and stupid game I played that year
>shoot oil barrel with an arrow to make it explode

Not really
Way more open than those games

Contrarian opinion: they are all good games, only nostalgic boomers dislike them.

There's literally no reason to play these games if you have a ps4. Just play Uncharted instead

The first one was a good enough game to launch a trilogy off and a decent origin for NuLara, she even got the dual desert eagles at the end.
The second game regressed her character which alone pissed me off but what made it worse was the hubs were entirely uninteresting, the optional tombs were just dull. On paper it seemed like a good idea but it was executed poorly.
Didn't even bother with Shadow after the disappointment of Rise but it seems like that was the right move.

Rise looks beautiful

Attached: Rise of the Tomb Raider 6_29_2019 5_39_28 PM.jpg (3840x2160, 1.37M)

The first game had one of the best moments near the end where Lara dual-wields pistols for the first time.

It's the kind of game that you play once and never bother again. Might as well save money and watch it on youtube instead.

I've already played all of them. Nu-TR feels different enough to justify playing, there's more to explore and less shooting galleries. I love uncharted for its straightforwardness but Nu-TR feel like the more rounded game.

I really liked the immortal dude in Rise.