What's going on in my game?

Looking at the gif in the link, can you tell what's going on? I'd like for the game to be RELATIVELY easily discernable from a glance

twitter.com/sketchwhale/status/1166806997620219904?s=20

Attached: Screenshot_20190829-103809_Chrome.jpg (720x426, 147K)

Graphically it seems fine, but it's hard to tell which enemy you're targeting.

>posts a tweet to a gif while uploading a screenshot of it on Yea Forums
You do know you can upload gifs on Yea Forums, right?

Attached: i8xx0gI8l1ryami9o1_400.png (400x466, 241K)

Thanks! I've long been considering something like the targeting lines in FFXII

Yeah but I made this thread on my phone (where I don't have the gif)... Also, if I post to Yea Forums, I'd rather post a webm

Gifs uploaded on mobile don't fucking load on my PC. fuck I hate twitter it's such garbage.

I can't even get the gif to load on Twitter. Not a fan of the main character's design.

I feel rather convoluted with those enemy postitions, usually if you have fixed combat positions enemies stand on one side and the protagonists on the other, that and I don't know what are those simbols below the creeps

I could see the hits but since I'm not familiar with the gameplay I'm not sure if the attacks are supposed to come out all at once or if you're just quick choosing the enemies after each attack
I'd also probably add tile grids on the ground

Your website results to 502.

MC animations feel lazy. She should look at the enemy who is hitting, and I think should also aproach them before attacking.

Good luck with the game.

The animations are weird to me, what is she doing?

She is making her "do magic" and kick attack animation. Animations are placeholder, although some of that (movement towards target) is too much for me, I'm too shit/slow

Timing is wrong. When an enemy explodes, all others should take damage from that immediately.

Thanks. I forgot to restart the server

Why do you need the border?
Things seems too convoluted, give them more space/terrain?

There is no border, I just took a screenshot of Twitter because I didn't have my computer with me when I started the thread

direct from the source

Attached: explo_big.gif (852x480, 3.01M)

why are bunnies floating above piles of green rocks

Let's see... looks like some faggot indie dev made another shitty "retro" game but he was too inept to texture the grass or even draw shadows so that he didn't have to draw stupid lines underneath enemies. Can't wait for it to flop when it comes out and sells five copies on Steam.

You're putting an awful lot of confidence in me actually finishing this trainwreck, but thanks user

They're tufts of grass. They are platforms that designate where enemies can spawn

what the fuck kind of hairstyle is that
what the fuck are those hurt sprites

Look up Hakoniwa Explorer Plus and see how someone with actual talent did it.

Ehh newcomer eh?
Well welcome to Yea Forums and first I would recommend you go to game maker thread we have it from time to time anway feel free to explore

Attached: 1566706184820.gif (320x240, 1007K)

>They're tufts of grass
Chock it up to another thing you fucked up.

The style is perfectly fine. Regarding the UI.

The icons bellow the spawns doesn't shake when the rest of the screen does. I have no idea what the upper left thing is suppose to represent.

Oh, you're right. I'll look into that.
Upper left represents the positions for enemies linearly, because a lot of playtesters were confused by the circular targetting. It also shows special units you collect to win or craft. Glad you find the UI fine.

Can you make it more obvious when an enemy is selected?

Also why is that kid so fucking happy while killing rabbits?

I'll try.

I had a narrative reason, but the entire story got canned recently

Can you change it to that he just hates Ubijew and Rabbids are fucking gay. Make it like a menu backstory or in the opening intro.

Looks like a pedophile version of into the breach

Can that be the tagline?