"OH BOY TURN-BASED COMBAT IS SO EXHILARATING! I LOVE JUST WAITING FOR MY TURN TO ATTACK WHILE I GET CLOBBERED, HOW FUN!"

>"OH BOY TURN-BASED COMBAT IS SO EXHILARATING! I LOVE JUST WAITING FOR MY TURN TO ATTACK WHILE I GET CLOBBERED, HOW FUN!"

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

Yeah it is. /thread

You will be the death of this board.
Remember that

Good

Ampharos.

Attached: Ampharos 6.png (270x301, 102K)

Attached: Ampharos.jpg (426x598, 42K)

I love Ampharos

>"NOOOOOOOOOO M-MUH BOARD"
>"J-JJANNNNIES HELP ME"
>"I'M BEING PERSECUTED AND SUBJECTED TO HATE CRIME BY THIS SHITPOSTER"
>"NOOOOOOOO NOT A W-WOJAK"

Attached: 2468186186763714.jpg (1024x967, 59K)

In turn-based games, the real game are the numbers, the system.

What you see on the screen after choosing an action is just a representation of the moves the computer and you chose, but they're completely irrelevant to the gameplay aspect of the game.

If you can't get something as simple as that, sure, turn-based games look stupid ("WHY IS HE WAITING FOR THE ENEMY TO ATTACK, OH MY GOD??!!!").

Please, delete the thread, buy a shotgun on your nearest Walmart™ and shoot yourself on the dick.

>onions wojack posting on Yea Forums

Attached: 1542508573630.gif (452x371, 59K)

imagine being so shit at dodging that you complain to the devs then they turn the game into a completely different genre because brawlers are too hard

>metafagging
Fuck off back to r/MMOs or obsessing over minmaxing in dragons dogma

Turn based games were just a massive cope due to hardware limitations. Now we dont have such things so theres no point, and those games are obviously dying.

I agree! It's absolutely thrilling, especially you counter all enemy attacks!

Attached: 235-2Ry9pYA.gif (480x320, 2.52M)

I'm not talking about minmaxing, but the game itself are not the shitty dialogs for 15 year-olds. Gameplay is what defines a game, the rest is only presentation of that gameplay.

You sound like a nigger.

In part, they were, but it's fun to reinvent chess from time to time, too.

My nigger

Attached: 1516392445649.jpg (496x443, 94K)

I used to feel the same way when I was a kid. I still don’t like the feeling of having full control over a character, but I respect the genre now because some turn based games like DOSII and the original Fallout games have been some of the greatest games I’ve ever experienced

Attached: 16B46E6D-6854-4006-9B2A-FF5DCE0AE32A.jpg (710x1000, 349K)

>when you see the funny face and the funny statement used together

Attached: 1560568464715.png (1116x716, 110K)

Back to plebbit

OH NO NO NO NO AMPHAROSBROS

Attached: fat_ampharos.png (485x586, 111K)

Why the absolute FUCK is Yakuza 7 a turn based jrpg now?

I hope the next Elder Scrolls is turn based.

Eventually you'll get clobbered anyway, so that doesn't seem like a big deal.

With shitty replies like that, you're only making this whole board worse. Reddit userbase being shit doesn't have to do with the topic in question. What's your opinion on turn-based games?

>will be
It's already dead.

time for another exodus

is there gonna be another wave of electionfags in 2020?

we are running out of chan names

>"OH BOY ACTION COMBAT IS SO EXHILARATING! I JUST LOVE MASHING X WHILE WATCHING THE CHARACTER DO FLASHY THINGS ON SCREEN!"

Attached: 1515600047580.png (448x468, 194K)

I'm guessing you didn't take a liking to that Yakuza gameplay demo

you're going to love this, trust me. what you're seeing now is my normal state. this is a super saiyan. and this. this is what is known as a super saiyan that has ascended above a super saiyan. or, you could just call this a super saiyan two.

what a useless transformation, you changed your hair so what?

hmhmhm just wait.

has he really found a way to surpass an ascended saiyan? is that possible?

he must be bluffing I am what would that make him? a double saiyan?

AND THIS.

eh what he doing?

AND THIS IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: ssj3 ampharos.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Attached: 1563675206592.png (1159x665, 231K)

16bitchan

8bitchan

8 or infinite is already used so i bumped it to 16

you got clobbered because you didn't use buffs

Attached: 1565231069631.png (480x480, 412K)

nah I was making a avgn joke

>Now we dont have such things so theres no point, and those games are obviously dying.
But turnbase games are more popular than they've been since the PS1 era?

Why the absolute fuck did they make 7 of that shit game?

Yeah it is fun you weeaboo faggot. Go hump your crusty ass bodypillow you balding fatass

This election hasn't been nearly as fun as 2016. In 2015 by this time the Trump and Bernie memes were in full swing. We're almost in September and the Democratic presidential primaries are a real snoozer. Trump vs. Biden won't be that exciting either.

Best hope to salvage this is Elizabeth Warren, for all the Indian jokes.

Glad you have fun

>I can't play more than 1 type of game

HOLY FR*CKEN CR*P LOIS! IT'S WOJAK SOIJAK!

I love how turn based makes you underage Redditors seethe so much. Never gets old.

>the real game are the numbers
That's actually the problem. I don't mind turn based combat, favorite jrpg is Wild Arms funnily enough. But the amount of grind and autism in something like Disgaea or Phantom Brave is disgusting and not fun to play.

Pokemon is the largest media franchise of all time.