What happened to Hideki Kamiya? He supervisioned the work done by Taura and his team for Astral Chain...

What happened to Hideki Kamiya? He supervisioned the work done by Taura and his team for Astral Chain, but he hasn't been directing a game since the Scalebound drama. Is he done with the industry (at least from an active role perspective)? Reminds me of Mikami's career direction in a way.

Attached: IBjh_BbW.jpg (512x512, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2012/12/30/how-metal-gear-rising-nearly-didnt-have-one-of-its-main-illustrators/#WSjdT46LYTfRyY78.99
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he's a whiny bitch that can't handle anything negative coming his way

he's a retard

het got INSECT'D

I'm monitorng this thread and if I see that piece of shit forced meme faggot he is dead to rights

blocked

he is good at his job at least.

Oh, he definitely is. I just want more from him.

>awww yew say somefing dumb on mai twiiter roundu eyerus
>brockedru

The way the JP videogame business works is that you need just ONE fuck up to completely ruin your career and possibly cut ties with companies.
God Hand for example wasn't even a bad game but the IGN review completely collapsed Clover Studios and Mikami's reputation. No wonder most work he did afterwards with P* and Tango Gameworks are not-RE4 games.
Kamiya didn't really have that "one fuck up" until the Scalebound thing happened, which is why Bayonetta was still seen as incredibly critically successful as it is.

Attached: untitled (5).png (381x326, 8K)

I thought he was Bayonetta's designer, but I'm reading the page and he's only the writer?

So he never really gave Bayonetta her personality... okay the game doesn't take itself seriously, but I think that if the world took itself seriously, it would be better for the game overall, because we'd care more about the characters.

Fav game?

Vanquish was pretty different

He's still making Bayo 3 I think?

Kamiya cant be fired from PG tho, he is one of the owners

>Yea Forums seething this much that he blocks blatant, literal shitposters or tells them to fuck off instead of being apologetic about it because "devs can't be mean to gaymers"
he is based as fuck

Nah, he is just an autist that feels the need to reply to every Twitter post, including the baits

Attached: buggeru.jpg (500x500, 84K)

How much would it cost to buy scalebound off of microsoft? 50 million? 100?

Scalebound was canceled less than 3 years ago, probably started directing a new game or he just decided to work on multiple games in house at platinum like AC, bayo 3, Babylon fall, etc

Theyll never sell it, they have no need for money

Why the fuck would they bother doing that? Just make a new game with similar concepts

>He supervisioned the work done by Taura and his team for Astral Chain
oh fuck it's going to be shit isn't it? games should be free to the artists vision, it's why Rising was so good. they went all out.

Attached: Metal-Gear-Rising-Senator-Armstrong.jpg (1920x1080, 264K)

Last I heard I seem to remember something about him pitching an idea to the board that was described as groundbreaking for Platinum. It wasn't that long ago so I assume if the project was ever approved and got the funding, it will be a few years before we hear anything about it.

Kill La Kill game
where you play as Ragyo

Why are you posting japanese phil fish?

the hell are you talking about

Attached: 1472264159005.jpg (476x456, 22K)

What is he doing for bayo 3? Is it stuck in development hell?

No, the game seems to be great.

We don't even know if he's going to be the director for Bayonetta 3.

Probably taking a break after the Scalebound thing fell through. It fell through really fucking hard, and all current projects would've been mid-development already.

He’s the Japanese Phil Fish

>don't even know if he's going to be the director
Holy shit they really announced it too early huh? The next nintendo console will be out by the time bayo 3 actually releases.

Yeah, they were really pushing for third-party support, regardless of how ready third-parties were.
They announced Metroid Prime 4 so early that they had time to go "this is awful", scrap it and hand it to another team entirely.

What went wrong?

Attached: SWERY.jpg (1200x800, 86K)

At least other games are actually coming out. Sucks about prime 4 and bayo 3, they were the games I wanted to play the most and neither is anywhere near close to being done. I'd much rather wait for a good game then for them to rush out a shit one though. Prime 4 must have been fucking horrible since they actually scrapped it and restarted. I don't think Nintendo has ever done that before.

No, but there's definitely been a few other games (and at least one other Metroid game) where they probably should have done that.

Attached: dude motion controls lmao.jpg (319x445, 45K)

hung out with too many game journos and became a liberal

Well he released a couple of games. The Good Life and that lesso game I can't remember the name of. Lost a lot of consumer faith after D4 ate shit, but everyone saw that debacle coming from a mile away so it wasn't too hard to work his way back.
His games are just... kind of shit.

Zero just confuses the fuck out of me when I think about it. Did all of the devs/playtesters think the controls were good? Was everyone just too afraid to tell Miyamoto the controls sucked ass? Zero was so bad that it probably killed any chance of star fox coming back. Other M was a linear metroid game which is all I really need to say. No clue how it got through development without anyone saying "hold up this isn't metroid anymore".

Kamiya is too old to direct. He’ll be “supervising” for years to come. He’s at the office looking over financial paperwork with Inaba and worrying about the future of the company he owns a part of, he doesn’t have the time or emotional energy to direct games. He’s leaving that to a younger generation.

Not only that, but everytime someone from PlatinumGames gets asked how's the development of Bayonetta 3 going, they always answer "well, it's going to be an interesting title for sure".

Everyone always says that, though. Along with “please look forward to it”. I feel like it’s a Japanese idiom.

I really want to see him step into the fighting games genre, hell maybe even direct the next Street Fighter title if Capcom gives him permission.

I paid some chinks to reply to him with 100 generic English responses and he blocked every single one kek

I'll never understand why Yea Forums constantly fellates him and his company. They made a few good games a decade ago, so what? It's been nothing but licensed trash and inferior retreads of Bayo's combat system since then

You don’t have permission to say bad things about TFD or TW101

>Was everyone just too afraid to tell Miyamoto the controls sucked ass?
Ah, probably. It's a Mark Cerny and Knack situation, where he's a significant company asset so they just let him have his passion projects, despite them being rather shite. Not his first flop for the company by far.

Other M's development has been discussed to death, but it was basically fucked from every direction from the getgo. Arguably the only positive influence on that game was Team Ninja trying their best to just make it playable, and failing admirably.

Attached: SI_Wii_WiiMusic_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 136K)

Maybe stop pretending their recent good games are shit and then I'll care to reply. Automata was a good game, 101 was a good game and scalebound was probably going to be good too until it got fucked. Bayo 3 is in development and astral chain seems fine.

Japanese work culture is hella different in jap. You can never say something negative to a superior. The only time you can do that is when everyone goes drinking after work. After a couple of drinks younger people will give feedback after everyone is drunk and then the higher ups will take it into account the next day(and then claim credit on the feedback). My guess is miyamoto never goes drinking so no one could give him feedback and iwata was too sick to slap him.

>I'll never understand why Yea Forums constantly fellates him and his company.
There are more people shitting on the guy ITT than people fellating him.

Kamiya fell into a dark mindset after seeing DMC5. This why I also belief Bayo 3 has been pushed back. He saw how amazing it was. Even making a tweet about and saying that Bayo sucks. He realized that Bayo 3 looked bad and nowhere near as good as the games prior nor rivaled DMC5. So I think he now tries his hardest to make Bayo 3 as good as he possibly can.

>Even making a tweet about and saying that Bayo sucks
Got a link?

>Automata was a good game
Only its story and soundtrack (which platinum had nothing to do with) were good. Combat was pure button mash garbage

He's the creator of Bayonetta (and Devil May Cry, among other things). He's a game director, he's not drawing characters.

Automata was mediocre and Scalebound looked like a fucking mess. TW101 was grand tho

Wait a moment.

Butthurt Sony fan detected

this is really the kind of things that goes through the mind of a DMC fan? 5 really did a number on you guys

I am not even a DMC fan. But this is something he himself was very public about. Prior to its release he already was gushing about how amazing it is gonna be.

He never made a bad game for starters. Look at his directorial career dude:
Resident Evil 2
Devil May Cry
Viewtiful Joe
Okami
Bayonetta
The Wonderful 101

source about him telling Bayonetta is shit or stfu

Yeah I figured as much. Nintendo is usually the company to make the controls as simple/intuitive as possible so it was really strange for zero to be so terrible with them. We all understand the idea but they should have just been for a co-op side mode where one person steers and the other shoots or something. I wish the work culture was different so we didn't end up with situations like Zero. But I suppose Miyamoto's passion projects are also the only reason Pikmin exists so it isn't all bad. Its a step in the right direction that he's taking more of a backseat role in development nowadays.

He didn't do shit for DMC fuck off, the cunt didn't even want jumping in the game.

Blocking 18k accounts on twitter manually (without any block list, one by one) probably fuck up your brain.

Well they've all had something to experiment with. Even their less impressive games.
Transformers: Devastation had character-specific playstyles and gear that further pushed that.
Korra tried mostly charge/AOE and mid-ranged combat, which lent a pretty different pacing to your usual Platinum game. Plus that one reversal item that teleported you halfway across the map if you used it against projectiles.
Madworld experimented with meta-heavy level scraping for environmental kills.
Anarchy Reigns was their take on arena fighters. It's also the only arena fighter that isn't pure dogshit.
TW101 was arguably their purest game, but was all high-risk high-reward.
Haven't played much of Automata beyond the demo on Very Hard, but it looks like they tried to push the OG Nier's combat with baiting out safe launchers.
Heard that their Ninja Turtles game was irredeemable on every level, but it was also given something like 7 months of dev time since Activision lied about the length of their Nick license. Star Fox Zero was also similarly brutalised with retardation.

So they're a bit sloppy. But they bring new ideas to the table with each game, it's hardly Dynasty Warriors here. I agree that the fellating got a bit ridiculous with the "Make a Kill la Kill game" phase, but that was a while ago and they're still one of the more interesting AA companies.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 40K)

Wait, did IGN review really hurt God Hand's studio that bad?

He created it, directed it, and co-wrote the story.

He did Bayonetta in 2009 and The Wonderful 101 in 2013. That's a 4 years gap. Then he was on Scalebound, that cancellation was announced in January 2017, the year it was supposed to release. Again, a 4 years gap. You'll get his next game in 2020/2021, that's all. He does supervision work in parallel of directing.

It was Clover Studios' last game, so yes. And Mikami even said that the IGN review of God Hand has actively hurt his career.

It was a different time, reviews had actual clout.
And still fucks a lot of AA studios. Ice-Pick Lodge's Pathologic 2 may very well be their last hurrah.

>good games get cucked by "journalists" who can't play games that are actually challenging
Its not fair man. Pathologic 2's difficulty is actually important to the game as well, you would think a "professional" game reviewer would realize that.

Kamiya's always been a business man.

He got shelved. He does not really do anything in his job anymore. Willing to bet in a few years, he will be quietly forced to quit.

No, Clover was planned to close down days after the release, you can thank Inafune.

that'd be good actually, plat really had no competition until now

Attached: 1481843750629.jpg (392x402, 34K)

>listening to Tim Rogers talk about his time at Grasshopper Manufacture
>playing God Hand at his desk before the start of business every day
>Mikami is in the office visiting Suda and sits down to watch him
>”look at this action. How could anyone call this a 3?”

Poor bastard, it literally destroyed him. He’ll be heartbroken by that 3 for longer than David Hayter is about being recast.

Regardless of what you think of reviewer competence, marketing, bribes ect their job is to review for a specific audience and it doesn't have wide appeal so it's not going to be a highly rated game.

Got a source for his comment on the review?

>to review for a specific audience and it doesn't have wide appeal so it's not going to be a highly rated game.
I get this and this is my problem. The review score shouldn't be how much mass appeal out of 10 a game has. You should make objective statements for the game backed up with subjective opinions about what it did well and what it did poorly and score it on that. Sadly actual reviews with effort don't get clicks and the only thing people care about is the number at the end of one.

This is interesting since he is not directing Bayo 3. But hey, whatever goes in your fanfiction.

He is a hackfraud with a lot of ambition but none of the skills to convey them, much less realize them.

Bald Manlet with a small penis

considering every game he's directed is fantastic I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment

Than explain DMC2 and how Itsuno got a second chance.

He doesn't seem very smart, and his constant whining about people who aren't speaking his native language even though he uses English constantly idle pretty dumb. But weebs will take any chink abuse, so he is still allowed to represent his brand.

Attached: 1446248740901.gif (500x500, 1.53M)

>Mikami
That one is still making games unlike Hackmiya.

Itsuno wasn't the original director, he was brought in to salvage the mess and did it the best he could in the short time he had. Besides, the one most at fault for DMC2 were Capcom executives that said to go on and make the sequel so early and without telling Kamiya.

Nope

Didn't he supervise MGR too? And Kamiya is very open to new ideas and concepts and won't hinder the artistic vision, he even was cool with the changes Itsuno and Bingo did to DMC3.

>tranny game
ftfy

Reminder that Japanese Phil Fish didn't want DMC1 to have a jump button

And he was already back then considering QTEs.

But he did accept the idea it in the end, and even went all out and added a double jump.
And the reason a he didn't want to add a jump button because of the RE level design.

Attached: 1566240986837.png (1162x762, 387K)

He was funny 5 or so years ago with his twitter personality.

Now it's just cringe.

And not the written 200k tweets?

Thanks to Mandalore, Pathologic got a sales boost.

Yeah because he actually gave a thoughtful review of the game instead of just saying its too hard and docking it a shitload of points for it. I hope it becomes the first result when you search for reviews of the game since it treats the game fairly and he actually did play the first pathologic.

>shitty video without even 500k views
>n-no guys really h-he helped sell the game

A whole one hundred copies! I guess that's still doubling the game's sales though.

Still more than Hackmiya's W101. :)

Given that Astral Chain was revealed only a few months before release, it would make sense for him to be working on a new project with Nintendo, and for it to be revealed just a few months before it's set to release.
After Bayo 3 comes out, of course.

Attached: EDHe-U4UcAAo2em.jpg (2048x1673, 405K)

>What happened to Hideki Kamiya?

Working on games takes time. News at 11.

>He supervisioned the work done by Taura and his team for Astral Chain

PR namedrop. He supervisioned this as much as Kojima produced Lords of Shadow.

>but he hasn't been directing a game since the Scalebound drama.

Making games take time. News at 11.

>Is he done with the industry (at least from an active role perspective)?

Considering he said he's still working on games and he's not interested in "growing" people like Mikami at all. I have no fucking clue why you're even thinking this.

>Working on games takes time.
He isn't though.

mikami hasn't made a game since TEW1, he hardly did anything with TEW2 and isn't really doing anything with Ghostwire Tokyo

>IGN collapsed Clover Studio

This is the single most retarded fucking post I've ever read in my life and in Yea Forums, that's saying something.

he's lost the plot

Attached: these tweets are real.jpg (750x631, 93K)

These tweets really expose all the brainlets.

He was probably hinting on the artstyle of DMC5 since he knew of it's development.

Makes sense. His games are all cinematic QTE/press A to awesome kusoge

I'm gonna take the main producer of PG over your stupid ass. Google some 2019 interviews, retard.

He wanted out of the industry after Bethesda outright lied to him and strongarmed him constantly through TEW1, surprised they managed to keep him on.

Probably threatened to fire the whole team if he walked to keep him there out of guilt.

>Microsoft saw through his bullshit
>Cygames saw through his bullshit
Now SquareEnix need to see through his bullshit.
Looks like Babylon's Fall is vaporware.

I'm going to go full apologist here and try to make his tweets seem sane
>only praises recent capcom games' and nuGoW's graphics, says it's about time dmc underwent the same change it terms of visuals (it did)
>says that capcom might change it it a nuGoW clone considering how popular it was, not that they should

Attached: 1566592531071.jpg (655x753, 29K)

He almost certainly is directing an unannounced game. Unlike Mikami I don't think he's shown any interesting in moving on from directing into a management position.

Honestly, at this point I just want to hear his unfiltered ranting about any time when he was fucked in the ass. I would pay good money for this

Very poorly articulated, open to interpretation.
For a guy who uses Twitter all fucking day he should know that you should treat divisive opinions like this as talking to a genie; no room for error.

I remember Kamiya saying in an interview he was impressed by their younger staff, and wanted to focus on training and supervising them. As one of the company founders, he feels like it's his duty to take on a management role from time to time.

Really it's probably that he gets to attach his name to shit while building Gunpla at his desk and still take in cash.

No one wants to associate themselves with him anymore because he's a condescending egotistical racist cunt that whines on social media all day everyday.

Scalebound looked like it was going to be shit.

No. None of Clover's games sold well.

Did he block you?

Attached: Qz8vidH.jpg (1271x701, 139K)

It did, and honestly the original vision of "tell the big dragon what to do and then sit back" was dumb long before Microsoft tried to strongarm into just remaking DMC4 but worse.

Still I'm sure the pre-"Mhmm yes any chance we can make the protagonist Literally Nero" phase would've been interesting to see.

Wholesome.

You can't be blocked if you don't use a website designed for people with the ego's of 13 year old girls.

Attached: 234678989.jpg (334x209, 16K)

And then he later blocked that guy because he's a piece of shit.

>tell the big dragon what to do and then sit back
If only Hackmiya played Drakan, then he would have better inspiration on how to make a good game.

If he was just on twitter for tits and ass then why say you are a celebrity? Just create an anonymous twitter and subscribe to all the pornstars you like, or better yet just go to pornhub and blow a load off, you insect jizzcranium.

Better idea: Join forces with Yoko Taro again and make a Drakengard 4.
That'd be my dream

Dilate

Attached: 14F2Q.png (541x472, 91K)

Sick of this meme
One is a japanese punk who has some really great titles under his belt, makes games with soul and criticizes hacks like Inafune for having no idea how to deliver a quality product, blocks people instead of whining when people talk shit.

The other is a French Canadian soiboy who has no talent or credibility, flails around like a retard when called out, and his game only won indiecade because the judges were all investors in the game and the shitty documentary.

Nothing alike at all.

I've tweeted at Kamiya and didn't get blocked. Maybe you guys are just annoying/dumb?

Is Drakan like that?
I was thinking the only titles that came to mind that might work like that would be Pikmin or Overlord, just with One Giant Asshole instead of A Lot Of Little Assholes.

Drakan's PC release is blocked in my country for some reason. I don't know why. I think they just forgot to release it here.

>Drakan's PC release is blocked in my country for some reason.
You can always pirate it.
But the game is divided in 2 parts, typical hack and slash with your mc and flying on your dragon shooting fireballs.

>muh faborit jabanes!!!
>muh twittor!!!

Ah, so like a Drakengard or Divinity 2: Ego Draconis. You probably don't need to play the former. The latter is extremely good, after you work your way past the worst opening in any RPG that isn't Ultima 2.

I'll give it ago.

All the assertions that he's an asshole come from his Twitter posts though.

>Divinity 2: Ego Draconis.
I finished it multiple times.
Shame that even the expansion ends on a fucking cliffhanger.

Mikami literally said that Bethesda is like an old school developers of artistic creativity where they pay him AAA budgets to try new ideas and new IPs, which is still happening to this day.

Me thinks you just want to push a WESTERN BAD out of your ass without looking at each individual case when Mikami continues to be pampered by Bethesda and giving his studio E3 spotlights for brand new games with brand new directors.

And this is coming from someone who hates fucking Bethesda as a whole. But they do give plenty of leeway to recognized developers/studios like Id and Mikami.

>which is still happening to this day.
Not so sure about that, Zenimax are notorious jews.

They literally just announced a completely new game when everyone just expected Evil Within 3. So yeah, it's exactly what's happening nowadays.

Yeah I'm sure he said that. He also said he didn't want to make another Resident Evil 4 clone, and low and behold comes out with a creatively bankrupt Resident Evil 4 clone. And then he said that he was done with the industry, until industry spokespersons hushed him up.

I'm not even a WESTERN BAD, fag, but Bethesda gets way too much leeway for the shit they pull. Same company that outright sabotaged Prey 2, the Call of Cthulhu followups and made the wondrous decision to not market any of their post-Doom third party titles because "shit, it worked for Doom", right on the heels of two Arkane releases.
Id is the exception to how they treat their third party acquisitions, far from the rule. Very suspicious of any statements they issue, would rather judge them by actions.

>Evil Within is a Resident Evil 4 clone so BETHESDA LIED TO MIKAMI AND THEY'RE MEANIES AND PLEASE LISTEN TO ME

Evil Within is an entirely different beast from RE4 and saying it's a clone is fucking retarded. All of your stupid spiel just sounds like a personal problem, dude. Mikami is even refusing to direct more games because he wants to groom his protegees into recognized directors when Bethesda probably hired him to splatter THE MAKER OF RESIDENT EVIL on their covers, which was half of EW1's marketing. And yet, they still let him make whatever the fuck he wants, Tango has 3 games under their belt and he only directed 1.

Bethesda is shit but they spoil the shit out of Id and Tango, which is all the more surprising when Evil Within 2 sold a lot less than 1.

This made me sad. Fuck.

stfu

Attached: 81qkOBnJvNL._SX466_.jpg (466x536, 71K)

he's a mentally ill manlet who spends all day jacking off to trannies and posting on twitter

fpbp

Evil Within 2 sold a lot less because they didn't market it, Mr. All Caps Man. They didn't market it because it was under the same retarded "press releases are outdated" mandate that saw all of their releases from 2016 right up until 2018 sink like a rock. Prey, Dishonoured 2, Death of an Outsider, W2, ES: Legends, Cyberpilot, so on. Not a single one broke even.

The same period that saw ES: Blades and Wolfenstein Youngblood sink like a rock due to forced hypermonetization. And I still highly doubt that Evil Within was what he intended to make when he was hot off the heels of EA forcing him to clone RE4's gameplay with Shadows of the Damned. This is the Vanquish, God Hand and PN 03 director, and you think that he wanted to make another medium-paced over-the-shoulder action-horror shooter?

But still, all the studios got a stay of execution, we're getting Deathloop from Arkane, Starfield from BGS and Ghostwire from Tango. And even W3 from MachineGames. So they're not EA bad. But Bethesda certainly fucked up hard and have a history of lying through their teeth.

took too much time away from his twitter shitposting

I think the joke is on you, fag. It's free to block people

The Evil Within started out as some co-op vampire game before he got feedback saying vampires weren't popular enough, then turned it into the RE4-like game we got. The idea that Bethesda lets him and Tango make whatever they want is laughable.

He and the A-team are working on a PS5 exclusive.

Nothing went wrong, J.J. Macfield was destined for obscurity just based on the genre but it's a decent puzzle platformer, and The Good Life isn't out yet. Though if it ends up bombing he might be in trouble, SWERY is famous for making low budget games but he has to put out something that will recapture the Deadly Premonition magic and audience or else hes gonna run out of chances. Goodwill doesnt pay the bills forever.

We knew about the game months before e3, it was in direct back in February

Scalebound was a shit concept that won't actually work for at least another 20 years and he should have known. You can't make an action game where you rely on an AI and share your health pool with them for the entire game and have it be fun. Especially if you have the AI be way more powerful for you, that's a grade A recipe for either boredom or frustration.

Attached: Ahem.jpg (225x224, 10K)

MGR was good because one the dudes who worked on it was gonna leave platinum until he saw how bad MGR development was going. he said "you can't do that shit on metal gear." then he went to work on the project instead of leaving the company. he got really pissed off at what he saw. I really want to see what shitshow kamiya was planning on doing

It wasn't a pure action game though

>it's why Rising was so good
It's not though. It's fun for a couple of playthroughs but it's pretty shallow.

The RPG elements they showed didn't look like they'd sidestep the issue though. A game where you share an HP pool with an AI is a disaster waiting to happen. Kamiya should have researched Daikatana to realize how bad of an idea that is.

Got any proof of the fanfiction you made up? And if anything, it wasn't Kamiya's fault that Konami and Kojima decided to go to Platinum for help.

It was clearly supposed to be a relaxed adventure game like Okami.

He
Blocked.
out all the good ideas and talent.

Like?

If hes getting this salty at shitposters and wasting his time blocking then I dont think he's based user lol
Have sex

Forever based.

Attached: Fuck_tourney_fag_kamiya.png (506x196, 15K)

Attached: Stillgamergate69.png (500x487, 182K)

Seethe

Attached: 1553602142518.png (700x420, 69K)

ew. not with a 9.5' pole user.

>“Three days before I was about to leave Platinum to go freelance, without much left to do, I strolled over to the nearby Rising team to see if they needed any help. Then I saw their designs—the art style could not have been further from the Metal Gear universe. Immediately, I slammed my fist on the director’s table. ‘You cannot put this in a Metal Gear game!’ I told him. Before I knew it, my last three days at Platinum turned into over half a year.”
siliconera.com/2012/12/30/how-metal-gear-rising-nearly-didnt-have-one-of-its-main-illustrators/#WSjdT46LYTfRyY78.99
>inb4 MUH PLATINUM CAN DO NO WRONG

there's been VJ3 rumours floating around for years, maybe thats real?

Actually learn your history, nigger

The Evil Within had *several* concepts before they decided on the final one. The idea that Tango conceptualizing several ideas for the game is Bethesda "locking" them down is what's laughable.

I'm going to take Mikami's own word over your dumb ass.

Kamiya isnt mentioned in that article at all

>Evil Within 2 sold a lot less because they didn't market it, Mr. All Caps Man.

That's simplifying the issue. Betheda's marketing was indeed bullshit because they thought that Doom having success with no reviews would apply to everything else...because apparently every game has the brand recognition of Bethesda. But that's Bethesda's usual retardation, not a specific, calculated move to cull Tango.

Anyway, Mikami compared modern Capcom to EA (Companies he hated at the time of the interview) and Bethesda to old school Capcom (Huge budgets for new IPs). Bethesda's a retarded fucking publisher but the point is, they have a good relationship with Tango. Mikami never shied of shitting on Capcom or EA when he was working for them. If his deal with Bethesda ever changes, I'm sure he'll start to speak up.

Oh. And Evil Within 2 was an overreaction to the bullshit criticism of reviewers and made it an easier, safer and just less interesting game. I still like it plenty but it's just not as interesting as the first. I don't think Mikami picked the right guy to direct, honestly. I hope the new chick is a better one.

>You can't make an action game where you rely on an AI and share your health pool with them for the entire game and have it be fun.

It was an action RPG. More Okami and less Bayonetta. This was pretty obvious to anyone who paid attention but those previews really gave the wrong idea of what the kind of game it was.

>Heard that their Ninja Turtles game was irredeemable on every level,
It was them trying co op. I had fun playing it with my brother. You just have to accept it as more of a Mad World/Anarchu Reigns and not a Bayonetta/Transformers

Comparing the Ninja Turtles game to Madworld is a fucking joke, user.

Anyway, it's a genuinely bad game.

I mean gameplay wise. The whole 3D beat 'em up, no a big deep combo system. Mad World had a lot of other things going for it but it's not like it or Anarchy had amazing combos because those weren't the point.

Kamiya directing games for as long as he did is an anomaly among Japanese developers in larger studios. The traditional career path is to move on to a producer role or something else more senior, and to leave directing to younger people as a promotion. He's resisted it and was directing as recently as Scalebound. He's probably already working on something new that just hasn't been announced and/or picked up by a publisher yet.

What happened to the Granbule action game by Platinum ?

They got fired. Probably for the same poor management skills that got Scalebound cancelled and Bayo 3 + Babylon's Fall stuck in dev hell

Officially, Platinum's contract with them ending so Platinum left and Cygames is building off of and finishing polishing what Platinum made.

Unofficially, Platinum got kicked off of the game for an unknown reason. Cygame removed Platinum's logo from the game. The phone game Platinum was making with Cygames is dead as well. So something happened behind the scenes that left Cygames run away with the code of the game still but no one knows how much of it is Platinum works or if Cygames is just going to redo everything but the game is still in the works.

He's taking his time working on Wonderful 201

They worked on the combat. Combat was done. Contract wasn't renovated.

Pulling a Konami and removing their names from the game's credit was weird, tho. Official statements from both companies never implied ill will but it was probably empty PR.

>Not Wonderful 1001

>not wonderful 100 "fuck Luka edition"

>muh artstyle
Is that all it was about? That sounds pethatic. The gameplay would've been the same then.

>tfw I own The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta signed by Kamiya

Attached: daisy.webm (640x640, 521K)

What ended up in the game was a bunch of boring boxy levels, retarded hand-blobs and whatever the fuck this thing was, anyway.

Attached: megabloks spider.jpg (640x360, 24K)

He's either working on Bayonetta 3 or trying to win Taro over enough that he'll commit to letting him and Platinum make Drakengard 5 so he can revive his dreams of Scalebound

Too bad Square has used Mobage and MMOs to rot Taro's brain from any real game work

Just shovel more alcohol into his dumb frog face and he'll be back to fighting form, from his sleeping place under some Squeenix Exec's desk.

I wonder what the original designs looked like

Attached: 1567055117560.jpg (690x816, 137K)

>it's not really a metal gear but the name is still on the product
>so that's just a PR thing huh?

Something less performance demanding since you needed to be able cut anything on sight. But that's just speculation.

He's working with Yoko taro on dakenguard 4 featuring all the original ideas he had for scalebound.

>he hasn't been directing a game since the Scalebound drama
he doesn't know...

Isn't he directing the next Bayonetta ?