I got a really old laptop for free, what can I do with an i7-620M @2.66GHz and a 512MB GT 330M?

I got a really old laptop for free, what can I do with an i7-620M @2.66GHz and a 512MB GT 330M?

Attached: 1555815903331.png (1280x720, 825K)

play classic wow

Attached: 1525388794348.png (380x349, 77K)

you can do surprisingly a lot, I won't bother listing the games because everything except muh graphics AAA games from few years ago should work

MYA

I'm not paying 15 bucks a month for that, user.

emulate ps1, n64, sager gensis, snes
there are countless amount of good games in these systems

>everything except muh graphics AAA games from few years ago should work
On a dual core CPU and a 330M?

You can throw some rgb into it and sell it on craigslist as a gaming laptop.

Terraria, Hotline Miami, Worms Armageddon, Shantae, Syberia, Old Doom Games, Risk Of Rain (first one)

>really old

>games with a cheap free piece of shit
>can't afford a wow sub

lmfao pottery

>2010 isn't old

>giving your money to blizzard
have fun with your literal shit

MYA-NEE!!!

Half-Life user, the answer is always Half-Life
I'd also say Sven Coop but that goes into the 20s for me because of the stupid flashlight on a 960m

Mya nee

See if it's a socket variant and buy an actual i7 like an 840qm for like $25 dollars. If you got somewhat lucky and have a $20 to throw around, you can check to see if your graphics card is an MXM variant. If so, you can try your luck at buying a cheap AMD card for $20 to $40 and get twice the performance out of it. A quick ebay search doesn't seem to be turning out in your favor though. What laptop is it?

Otherwise, you got yerself a potato on your hands.

You probably can't even play most AAA releases this decade on two cores, especially with a mobile processor that old. The card is more or less at display adapter levels these days. I have cheap OEM Quadros from the same time period that'll run circles around that.

Visual Novels.

Dwarf Fortress, Aurora 4x, emulated games. What else do you want retard? Figure out for yourself.

Pretty sure I can't do any of that
>What laptop is it?
A 2010 MacBook Pro. But it's the 17 inch matte screen variant which are fairly rare so I ain't complaining. I just wanted to know what I could do with it if I install wangblows.
If it's literally useless then it'll be a youtube machine.

>Figure out for yourself
Well I have to wait for it to come in the mail first, retard.

Attached: pstam_mbp_17_1600.jpg (1600x1161, 929K)

Not much, play games from before 2008/9.

>mac
why didn't you say so retard
you can't play anything on that good luck lmao

yikes

>a mac
lmao, enjoy your browser games.

Linux, Steam, presto.

>why didn't you say so retard
Because this thread would've been immediately derailed into M-MUH MUH SATANIA SATANIA SATANIA SATANIA like you homosexuals are trying to do right now.

Attached: 3671293847.png (562x604, 197K)

muh /g/ boogeyman
lol

>iToddler

Sorry dude, but you just might be BTFO. See how high of any version of macOS it'll let you install and:

>Deal with it. It's probably okay as a Facebook machine.
>Slap that SSD in it and sell it to another MacToddler. It's one of the older models that actually has ports, so you might either get someone who's clueless to pick it up, or someone who's too cucked by the Cook gang to leave the ecosystem. The latter will likely have something before the butterfly emoji keyboard ruined everything.

If it's any consolation, there's a fair amount of emulation software available for macOS/OS X.

Attached: __kurumizawa_satanichia_mcdowell_gabriel_dropout_drawn_by_jabittoson__5f9df20e76153b7d9c77d048f806d8 (900x1046, 320K)

>See how high of any version of macOS it'll let you install
Literally the latest for the next few years thanks to DosDude1
>Deal with it. It's probably okay as a Facebook machine
That's what I just said but faggots always choose to not read
>Slap that SSD in it and sell it to another MacToddler
But I've always wanted one of these, stupid cunts decided to discontinue the 17 inch after Jobs died
>there's a fair amount of emulation software available for macOS
OpenEmu is great, I just wanted to know what it was capable of when running Windows

have fun with your archaic laptop poorfag

>I just wanted to know what it was capable of when running Windows
You're probably going to have to look that part up yourself. I haven't used anything Apple related in years other than the 15-inch rMPB 2015 and I wasn't feeling up to installing Windows or Linux on it since it was my only computer for a time. Judging from what you'd said, you likely have a better idea of what to do with it than any of us currently do.

>poorfag
You're fucking retarded if you think I'm gonna use this as my main machine. Also fuck Blizzard.

>you likely have a better idea of what to do with it than any of us currently do
After you install Windows with the assistant that comes with Mac it becomes just like any other laptop, it even installs all drivers for you in a matter of minutes. That's why I avoided saying it was a Mac at first, it could be literally any other laptop when it's running windows.

You got 3 options OP.

1. Bootcamp into Windows, game on Medium settings, roughly about the quality of a Xbox 360, have most titles available to you.
2. Bootcamp into Linux, game on Medium settings, have a lot of titles available to you.
3. Stay in OSX, play a handful of titles on medium settings.

t. OSX user.

!EEN-AYM

>Bootcamp into Windows
Yeah the plan was dual booting from the start
>roughly about the quality of a Xbox 360
There's no fucking way this thing is on par with a 360 dude

Attached: 95DA2AEA-C37B-44EE-8C69-586B4590457A.jpg (677x1024, 58K)

Gib examples bonus points if lewd

Will you max some low level games like LoL? Yeah, absolutely. But I have a '14 iMac Retina 27" with a 3.5 i5, 32GB ram, and Radeon R9 2GB and I struggled to run Arkham City on High, desu.

for what it's worth, half life 2 and the episodes are surprisingly well optimized, even my thinkpad x230 can run it at 1080p with somewhat high settings.

install gentoo

emulate cool old games

Doom & Quake

>really old
>i7-620M

Attached: 1427206405691.jpg (640x720, 183K)

should be heavy enough to kill yourself with it
just throw it in the air and let it fall on your head bro
you welcome
pro tip: place your tongue between your teeths