Sega just killed Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku

>Be huge Yakuza fan
>Realize the series flaws but still love it to death
>Excited as shit for Shin Yakuza
>Finally new info
>It's amazing, it's incredible, it's a turn-based RPG
>w-wait what? Wait a second
>WHAT!?!?
>Series with over a dozen games including mainline and spin-offs have always been an action-game
I have never been more disappointed. What the fuck is Nagoshi thinking, what in the absolute fuck.

Attached: file.png (1000x563, 598K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/yakuza-7-revealed-with-turn-based-combat-and-more/1100-6469466/
youtu.be/noioqCv92hM
twitter.com/Aeana/status/1166951024202067969
gematsu.com/2019/08/yakuza-7-titled-yakuza-like-a-dragon-in-the-west
youtube.com/watch?v=M9_L2TA0IEY
youtube.com/watch?v=fQ2kCGGwG_Q
gematsu.com/2019/08/yakuza-7-announced-for-ps4-first-trailer-details-and-screenshots
strawpoll.me/18559789
theouterhaven.net/2019/08/segas-judgment-sold-better-than-expected-in-the-west/
as.com/meristation/2019/08/26/noticias/1566801783_050718.html
eurogamer.net/articles/yakuza-3-wont-go-west-says-sega
twitter.com/ryugagotoku/status/1166943695901351937
translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=ja&tl=en&text=お願いですからアクションにして下さい。
youtu.be/j3NAc6KPljc?t=14
strawpoll.me/18559789/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't know. I hate that Yea Forums is eating it up. Fuck it all. I'm actually angry.

Could be great, though. Dungeons, party members, equipment that matters? Sounds awesome. But yeah... it's also kinda lame. I loved Yakuza for its combat...

I wouldn't be as mad if it was a spin off game. This shouldn't be mainline Yakuza though.

>NOOOOO I CAN'T JUST MASH BUTTONS? BUT MOM SAID I COULD PLAY THIS IF I TOOK MY ADHD MEDS

>hope fans welcome this change. If not, happy to change back to action game for future releases.
PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS GAME, JUST PIRATE IT. PLLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE

Wasn't this an april fools joke?

If you hate it shitpost it and don't buy it, we'll get action again with 8.

If it's good whatever I'll buy it

Unfortunately weebs think that turn based actually makes for fun combat for whatever reason.

If this is true I'm literally boiling. I haven't played judgement but it seems like they were so close to polishing the action gameplay in Kiwami 2.

I'm probably gunna buy it. Didn't bother with any past zero and instead just watched the cutscenes on youtube. The combat was the big reason I didn't play them myself; everything else about yakuza is fucking great. Amazing story, minigames, music, cutscenes. I like rpgs so why not?
if you don't like that you can go dilate
gamespot.com/articles/yakuza-7-revealed-with-turn-based-combat-and-more/1100-6469466/

Good, I was getting tired of spamming kicks over and over.
Mashing buttons made me stop playing it

>don’t hate the idea of a JRPG Yakuza
>watch the gameplay
>they just took everything they already had, cut out the action gameplay, and awkwardly dropped in a JRPG mechanic making it slow as fuck

I thought you niggers were overreacting. What the fuck were they thinking!? At least make it look neat or give some cinematic camera angles... I dunno, something!

Gonna go buy Judgment this weekend and skip this garbage entirely.

Attached: shaq.jpg (500x500, 75K)

Exactly, P5 esque stylish and fast turn based combat could be neat

>If this is true
Check the official website and the official twitter, and hey, here's some gameplay

Attached: Yakuza 7.webm (960x540, 2.59M)

I didn't care for the combat system of precious Yakuza games and turn based is my favorite so. Cool.

Might be cool i don't know but they BETTER fucking lower the rate of encounters then. It was already annoying fighting random thugs in the way of whatever i was doing when i could just stomp the fuck out of everybody in 10 seconds if i had to have such a fucking slow fight with the same frequency i would go instane.

Attached: 1501794187657.png (494x703, 863K)

>hope fans welcome this change. If not, happy to change back to action game for future releases.
You do know this translates to "We just wanted to do something new as a one off, we'll change back to status quo regardless of the games success."
Absolute worst case scenario is the game sells well enough and there's now a turn-based RPG spinoff series

I hope you angry tards still buy the game like every fucking time something like this happens. Fucking low self-esteem pricks.

It doesn't matter people that are all upset because of this are still going to buy the game. They don't offer arguments. Just a bunch of knee jerk reactions and manbaby crying.

>I loved Yakuza for its combat...

topkek

isn't that Bomba from humaru-chan?

Combat breaks down to chugging potions, waiting for the boss to whiff big and then mashing hard. Or using OP weapons

Only way I'll buy this shit is if it has the best mini-games in the series. Otherwise, I'll just watch the story on Youtube.

I'm buying it. Gotta support my anikis!

Being turn based is the least of this game's problem. I did not like this trailer at all
I'm done with this series after they remaster the samurai games.

As Yakuza fan, I like turn-based JRPGs. The problem is, this is not the gameplay that the mainline Yakuza series have been built on or is known for. If the Yakuza series started out as a turn-based JRPG this would've be completely different story. Its a way too drastic departure from the original gameplay.

>action-game

Mate, the Yakuza titles are JRPGs. I played the series since 2010 and also thought they are just action games with skill trees, but they are categorized as full blown RPGs I found out last year, which kinda makes sense since actual JRPGs are also often just linear games with skill trees and where you can't influence anything in the story, I guess the reason why we didn't think of it as JRPG lies in the presentation, you expect a fantasy or fantasy/sci-fi hybrid and not a modern day beat em up in the genre.

as a fucking turn-based RPG's hater, I couldn't be more disappointed, just fuck this shit

The series has always been a JRPG with melee combat but it was never turn based which is why most dweebs didn't recognize it as such. However the takeout point here is that this new system is obviously the early signs of the series turning into low effort cash grabs like most western games.

Fuckin GAY! Damn I was really looking forward to playing Sega games in the 2020s. RIP. Series is fuckin dead.

>still going to buy the game
hahaha, NEVER

What happened to all you fucks saying that Yakuza was moreorless a JRPG before?

kys retarded faggot

Kill yourself weeaboo piece of shit

Buying this one day 1. Pirated the rest. Can't stand that shitty """action""" combat

Fucking retard what the fuck does persona have to do with any of this you fucking nigger

>turn based
>cash grab
The opposite in fact. They want to make a good game this time and not just pander to action retards.

I like it and will buy it.

Its an example of turn based combat that feels fast and dynamic honeybunny

>generic turn-based garbage
>good game
Tell me more, you contrarian weeb.

>Game isn't called Yakuza 7 in the west
At least Sega outside of Japan understood

Cringe.

Just saw it, doesn't look too bad but I don't know how they're gonna fit the usual city walking with group management.

>Sega just killed Yakuza/Ryu Ga Gotoku
As a dude who has played every Yakuza game and greatly enjoys the series: eh. Nothing lasts forever. They were running out of steam anyway.

It's more stylistic than feeling fast. Nocturne had the right idea of speeding up all your animations so you don't have to watch a 3 second masakunda for the 8th time in one boss fight.

Is it me or did they just copy the P5 menu and add a menu of turns?

*turns showcase

I don't care. I'm just happy to see a series I love get talked about so much

Where can I get the full video?

>Action game good
>Turn based bad

Attached: ritTNsE.png (1158x664, 271K)

In most JRPG you can escape from generic encounters in 5 seconds top when you don't wanna fight.
Also it probably won't feature random encounters but have them start when you get close to them or something.

>they BETTER fucking lower the rate of encounters then.
You could always run away from battles in Yakuza games.

I never played a Yakuza game before, I am waiting for the complete collection to hit the PS4 and play all of them but I always, since the PS2 ones, liked a lot from what I saw.
And the main reason was because the non sense combat and weight that your hits pack.
I love turn based RPGs but if Yakuza was one since the beggining I proably wouldn't care, there is just so much games like that out there, then more than now but still.
It's sad, I hope that in the future reveals the game turns out to be good and don't disapoint you guys that are fan for years.

Attached: 1510452000127.gif (316x213, 1.9M)

>because of this are still going to buy the game.
What you think people are really going to buy this game just because it's Yakuza 7 even though it's literally the first in a new series so they have no personal connection to characters and the potential new setting?
You could maybe get away with this during Kiryu's story because people were invested

Lazy ass fucking nigger devs. Glad they're getting shat on both in English and japanese for this garbage.

Why do japs love turn based shit so much

>Finally a new Yakuza game without Kiryu
>New protagonist
>Make it a JRPG with turn based combat
It's like they took all the "whoah, this looks great! I wish there was a full game with this!" Aprils fool comments seriously and did it WITH A MAINLINE GAME INSTEAD OF A SPINOFF OR A MINIGAME. What the fuck.

Attached: Hank6.png (500x383, 313K)

The main problem is, it's not a good version of turn based combat. Make it grid based or fuck off. The normal JRPG turn based is fucking trash. And this slow as fuck, RNG automated positioning is also massive heap of garbage. Make positioning and friendly fires matter and let ME control it fuckwads. Fuck. It's not even that hard. And not to mention how the hell will the hype as fuck boss fights will be in this system?

>Finally a new Yakuza game without Kiryu
>New protagonist
>Make it a JRPG with turn based combat

I was so looking forward to a fresh main character only to have my excitement come crashing down at the sight of turnbase gameplay. What a goddamn shame.

Attached: Goda Yakuza.png (1413x2000, 2.15M)

>Actionfags seething everywhere
Damn today is a good day, i'm gonna enjoy this game

The Aprils Fools was literally a gameplay trailer...

youtu.be/noioqCv92hM

What the fuck?
This whole thing is so odd.

Attached: original.jpg (687x461, 48K)

No one loved Yakuza for its combat.

Most people loved Yakuza for its combat. It's a fucking beat 'em up series. This whole "lol dude minigames" thing started after newfags discovered it

BASED

Attached: mad.jpg (500x707, 38K)

twitter.com/Aeana/status/1166951024202067969

>turn-based combat
>HURR IT'S JUST LIKE PERSONA

>Most people
No, you did.
And you're one of a handful while the majority don't really care.

The difference here is that are no petitions or articles demanding for a game like the others.
Just opinions, the way it has to be.
I swear to God, Twitter gave voice to the dubest people on world and they are loud.

>new protag who actually seems likeable, basically Kiryu if he actually tries to get to the bottom of things instead of bending over and letting everyone fuck him in the ass all the time
>but it's turn-based
This is some monkey's paw shit

>after dudes discovered it
Why do you talk like this when you're blatantly a Zerofag? It's literally everything else around the combat people like, as in the substories and hostess bullshit and dumb humor that people like

I told you guys that Sega would do something absolutely retarded. I knew it but you would't listen, giving me that whole "SEGA IS REDEEMED!" shit.

And guess what? Sega is gonna use this as an excuse to not localize these games anymore because it's pretty fucking obvious this is gonna bomb overseas worse than the Wii U ports. They were basically forced to localize by Sony and were only reluctantly create PC ports after people asking for them for 5 whole years. All because they're massively xenophobic.

Fuck Sega.

>because it's pretty fucking obvious this is gonna bomb overseas worse than the Wii U ports.
I don't know, seems like everyone but ps4 bandwagoners are fine with it.

cope

yakuza was never good

This series didn't deserve to go on for as long as it did anyway, if it were western developed but otherwise exactly the same you guys would be shitting on it for how shit the gameplay is and how everything is recycled for almost a dozen games in a row

>sega xenophobic
i´d say that sega is one of the most cooperating, companies from japan, with the west.

>if it were western developed
Or a Nintendo game.

You almost always had equipment that lowered the encounter rate or canceled them completely.

>Sega is gonna use this as an excuse to not localize these games anymore
based retard
gematsu.com/2019/08/yakuza-7-titled-yakuza-like-a-dragon-in-the-west

DIFFERENT THING BAD I WANT TO DO SAME THING OVER AND OVER OH MY GOD PRODUCT ISNT EXACTLY WHAT I EXPECTED HOLY SHIT THIS MAKES ME ANGRY I WANT PRODUCT NOW WHAT THE FUCK

I'm laughing pretty hard. Will definitely buy this, I love JRPGs and Yakuza was just a combat system away from being a fully fledged one. Seems like Nagoshi also noticed that.

Once it bombs, they're just gonna say "well I guess them gaijins don't like Yakuza anymore tee hee ;^)"

Holy shit. This is the most pathetic thread I've ever seen on Yea Forums and that's saying something. Consider suicide.

Attached: 1556932293617.jpg (480x360, 11K)

They're doing something different for this 31th time.

>Yea Forums acting massively contrarian for easy replies
Nuke this website. There is nothing reedeemable about Yea Forums anymore.

yeah I'm disappointed too. The old combat was pretty fun if a bit simplistic -- wasn't worth replacing it with turn-based trash

Attached: Ron'd.png (251x230, 55K)

HOW DARE YOU NOT BE OUTRAGED BY A COMMON GAME MECHANIC YOU MUST JUST BE PRETENDING TO NOT BE A SEVERELY AUTISTIC RETARD LIKE ME

@475931706
Work harder for the (You), you dopamine-addicted bitch.

Reminder that the Hokuto no Ken / Yakuza crossover was one of the bedt selling games in Japan for the whole year and even beat out Monster Hunter. Japs will buy Yakuza no matter what it is.

You're diagnosed with autism right? Do you even realize how abnormal your behaviour is?

>west hates turn based combat
>Japan loves it, best selling yakuza game to date
>due to Japan's love for the turn based combat, its going to stay
>western support dropped next game

But retarded autist-kun, "the west" does not "hate" turn based combat. That's you.

What did you expect, Yea Forums is mostly sonyfags now.

>if you don't act like an autistic moron knee jerk hating anything new you must just be pretending
This board is just something else.

Attached: 1555061396046.png (504x942, 770K)

@475931778
You're the one with autism because you're addicted to replies that you'l do anything for them, that you think slow turn-based gameplay is a step up for the franchise.

I don't mind turn based combat, but in this case it looks like garbage.

Why do you idiots have this obsession with replies like they mean anything?

user, there are diffferent people with different opinions. You thinking that everyone in the world shares your opinions and are just pretending not to shows your crippling autism.
>that you think slow turn-based gameplay is a step up for the franchise
A couple of things. Yakuza has always had mediocre combat that was never the draw. Turn based combat is not inherently worse than action combat. That you actually say this without a hint of irony is just incredible. I genuinely hope you kill yourself you worthless subhuman

I can see this happening. Whining westerners don't deserve Yakuza games.

That doesn’t look so bad
Seems like a lot of depth and comedy

Yakuza: Like A Dragon is a stupid sounding title and searching it for just brings up the live action movie lol

The combat UI looks so similar to P5 though.

>Turn based combat is not inherently worse than action combat
Too bad this one will be

Almost like they put this out as a feeler and when they got the usual "lol I would actually play this lol" comments from high effort April Fools jokes they got their confirmation

What?
Even that April fools video had
>Combos
>environmental attacks
>Parries
>Weapon buffs
>Charm attacks
I’d be all about this shit

Instead of "mashing square" now you just press X, watch a 20 second animation if your character doing stuff, then press X again to watch another

Literal fucking onions """game"""

It's not even a mainline game, were you upset about Yakuza: Dead Souls too? Why should Yakuza: Like A Dragon be treated any different?

Video of the whole conference where?

I can't find one. That was tweeted by some guy at the conference.

>It's not even a mainline game,
>youtube.com/watch?v=M9_L2TA0IEY
>龍が如く7

>Instead of a new setting they stay in Kamurocho
>Instead of a younger protagonist they double down on an older established one when the original series had issues with this.
>Instead of changing up the combat in new ways they go full turn based
I feel like they want the series to fail at this point.

Worked out fine for RE4

Fist of the North Star is cool

>series finally gets some popularity in the west
>switchs to turn combat

L

O

L

>calls himself a huge fan of a series
>throw a childish tantrum when they reveal a new game in a different genre
Seriously consider suicide.

>Instead of a new setting they stay in Kamurocho
>最新作の正式タイトルは『龍が如く7 光と闇の行方』に決定! 春日一番を主人公に、横浜で物語が展開
>横浜
Are you retarded?

Like I can read moon

Did you see webm where they presented their gameplay and not a trailer? How can you say it looks good?

私は日本語を読みません (´・ω・`)

>turn based combat instead of button smashing with 20 instant use healing items
Sounds like an improvement to me

Now make FF7R turn based too

Why can't devs just make a new combat system? Why resort to fucking DQ clone number a million

Story seems fun and turn based is better than half assed action

>What the fuck is Nagoshi thinking
Hopefully he's killing the series so he can make something else instead. That's more wishful thinking than anything else, it's blatantly obvious that he loves making annual releases.

They going after the Persona audience or something, I think P5 was more successful than anything Yakuza, so it checks out.

Looks somewhat like kingdom hearts or FFXV style rather then full turn based.

Yakuza combat system has always been quite repetitive with basically a couple of combo you did for pretty much the whole game.
Other then that it always has been a JRPG to its core with level up, skill trees and equipment.

All things said I have faith in Nagoshi.

Attached: 1566912166082.png (500x500, 235K)

I hope this shit flops hard, but the dumb gooks will buy it anyway.

Kamurocho is still there
The game's always been about playing as boomers, even young Kiryu in Zero acted like an old man basically
They've had almost a dozen games to fix the combat and overall sales numbers keep dropping even with the influx of western and chink sales, they need to do something batshit to bring attention back

>It's not even a mainline game
It's literally 7 in Japan. They just changed the name for the west, since even the localizers know this thing will bomb, and could end up hurting the momentum that the series has been gaining outside of Japan. Also, I was upset, yeah, Dead Souls was fucking garbage (so was FotNS).

Wait, it sold well? Source, not that I think you're bullshitting but people always told me it flopped
I want a sequel to that game with the grinding shit cut out of it and a better hub world

>tfw this will get so bashed that they will be forced to delay or cancel the game

Fucking Sega never learns. Dont change a formula that works

When you do that, you will go into a cycle like Sonic did where they clearly tried to kill Sonic since some of the guys working are tired of that shit

Yakuza really needs a break though. As Nagoshi needs to do something new or do another monkey ball

Nagoshi is the closest thing Sega has to a golden boy, he makes these games because he wants to, If he wanted to he could go straight onto a new Monkey Ball, or new anything, but he doesn't, he wants to make Yakuza, and a bunch of titles with the same gameplay/writing but different names, releasing every year for almost a decade now.

New guy actually seems likeable, if this game flops I hope they don't drop him. We all know Kiryu, Memejima, etc will come back eventually but they can coexist surely?

I like Yakuza and I like turn-based jrpg. This is like fine with me.

Woke up to this and found myself depressed. If the RPG elements were it's own seperate minigame then sure but I think this is too far a departure from the combat the series has had.

It honestly would not be surprising at all since both are under SEGA.

NOW YOU FUCKERS KNOW WHAT WE JRPG FANS FELT LIKE WHEN FUCKING FINAL FANTASY WENT INTO RETARDED ACTION GAMEPLAY AHAHHAHAHAHHAHA GET FUCKED!
HOW THE TABLES HAVE TURNED! OHNONONONO
DAY 1 BUY FROM ME.

I'm not upset about it, I'm just confused. I can still see myself buying the game, but it's such a strange decision on their part.

New protagonist has stupid nigger hair.
Hope we can play with the ponytail like in the sequence where he leaves the prison.

>kamurocho
it's in Yokohama, supposedly three times the size of kamurocho, and if kamurocho is in the game, it's definitely going to be in the back seat
I don't really see any problems with the other two points

what

im fine with this, im sick of the ass combat of yakuza, judgement was the closest to getting it fun

Sounds like you are not a real fan then.

>What the fuck is Nagoshi thinking
I want to get folks into my shit series. -Nagoshi

He should just make Binary Domain 2.

>calls himself a huge fan of a series
Which also entails aspects like the action-oriented combat. Unless you think gameplay isn't an important part? And why do fags like you keep resorting to terms like "whiny" or "throwing a tantrum" to stave off criticism? Are you hoping to damage the reputation of anonymous people on the internet?

It's Kamurocho and Yokohama and the latter is confirmed much bigger than Kamurocho.

Now you're going to have one button mashing with longer animations instead.

Most of the so called "huge fans" only played Y0, K1 and K2.

It's not a brawler anymore you know.

Even a tantrum might have valid criticism, but it's still a tantrum because the person doing so articulates his disapproval like a child denied ice cream.

>turn based
Pass

Only good Yakuza game is 0 so I'm glad they're trying a new direction.

Which is a step up from spamming the same "Attack" command while in a stationary position. Most JRPGs don't are pretty shallow, why assume this game will be any different especially if this developer has way more experience with a different kind of gameplay?

Just wait till 2027 when they release it on pc and someone mods the combat.

>Pirated the rest
You're not gonna buy it, poorfag.

Cmon Sega, you've had your fun. Now show us the real combat.

Attached: design_1541720307.jpg (1024x1024, 593K)

>This is the actual combat now
What the fuck were they thinking?
How does this at all fit in the series? How do you even replicate the "epic" (for lack of a better term) climaxes of Yakuza in a fucking turn based combat system?

Who fucking cares at this point just localize Ishin and then pull the plug on the series. It's done enough at this point.

>Be huge Yakuza fan
>See one (1) game do something different
>Throw a shitfit and cry a river everywhere online
sega was right in not localizing any of the spin-offs jesus christ
it's a franchise with 14 games, what's the problem if one out of fourteen doesen't appeal to you?
It's so weird how the autistic shit was a meme but now gaming has been fully taken over by legitimate headbanging autists

> be huge yakuza fan
> hate tbc and jrpg
> see this
> even more hyped now
I just trust these guys. They can’t fuck up

For your information, Japanese fans are currently seething even more than the Westerners.

post yfw it was just some side mission where the game changes genre

Probably custom actions replacing the normal attack options that just lead into a cutscene. I think other games have done this and it works ok.

>Once it bombs, they're just gonna say "well I guess them gaijins don't like Yakuza anymore tee hee ;^)"
That's what they did when Dead Souls did SHIT numbers in the west, despite Yakuza 4 and 3 selling pretty well.
Just gave us the middle finger and told us to fuck off for like 4 years over bad sales for a shitty spin-off game.

Also all over this thread are a bunch of people who don't even care about Yakuza shitposting about "lol actionfags btfo" "lol gonna buy day 1 just to spite actionfags" who aren't going to buy the game and are only here because they flock to whatever drama or hot topics are in gaming circles.

It is probably that mini game like in kiwami 2 and 6

Not even surprising desu. Copying from the other thread.
Japs are even more autistic when it comes to change. They were absolutely fuming when Phoenix Wright became a sideline character in AA4, so the devs brought him back in 5. It's why a lot of Jap devs are scared of changing up the formula

Yakuza fans who shit on this game but want the shittiest spinoff localized are retarded.

>If you're a fan of a series you must eat the massive turd the corporation who made the series dropped in front of you
kys

So....they're doing the exact opposite of Square Enix? Turning their action series into a turn based JRPG?

I've only played like 3 games but this is beyond fucking stupid.

ahahaha based. Fuck beat em up fags.

youtube.com/watch?v=fQ2kCGGwG_Q
Bro, it's just a joke

That's what I'm hoping it is.
The Yakuza team isn't strangers to stirring up shit for the sake of generating controversy, i'm hoping this is legitimately just an out of season april fool's joke.

you're the same kind of faggot that's gonna be glad once Yakuza is turned into Tetris.

It's gonna be fucking rad.

Ishin had the best combat in the series because mooks arent actually braindead

>Buy Yakuza 0
>Chapter 5
>Having fun getting big bucks by buying properties and gambling my money on catfights.
>Yakuza is now dead

amazing, guess I'll play Judgment after I finish Yakuza 0 and be done with the series.

They really need to polish it up
This looks like Clan Creator

Yeah ew, imagine mixing things up and trying something new for once, absolutely abhorrent.

gematsu.com/2019/08/yakuza-7-announced-for-ps4-first-trailer-details-and-screenshots
>Yakuza 7uses a “live command RPG battle” system that combines the series’ signature action with an RPG command system. It has evolved into a system in which anyone can easily enjoy exhilarating battles. In this completely new battle system, Ichiban Kasuga and his party will fight by selecting techniques with various effects such as attack, recovery, support, and more. Enjoy immersive and dynamic battles against all sorts of enemies.

Playing Puyo Puyo in the arcades was a better part of the last few Yakuza games than the shitty Dragon Engine combat desu

>were you upset about Yakuza: Dead Souls too?
Yes because it temporarily killed the series in the west until Sony paid Sega to localise 5

>showdown on the roof of a skyscraper
>throw off shirts
>music swells
>5 jobbers standing around as you scroll through a menu
kino

>not VF2/5
pleb

Like a Dragon...Dragon Quest. Heh, I get it.

A lot of your team members are probably going to be overpowered joke characters too, like the Obatarian in Yakuza 0/K2.
Imagine if in the last fight with Ryuji Goda in K2 you had the Obatarian and some other joke characters materialize out of nowhere to beat his ass.

This is totally an out of season april fool's joke.

It isnt. Its called Yakuza: Like a Dragon for the west.

Anything that pisses off 0 babies is good to me.

For the West. In Japan this is the new mainline and what the series will be going forward.

I dont give a fuck about japan. I dont live there. For me, it isnt a minline title.

How will party members work? Can I have a Granny Healer/Tank?

Attached: 1560738148365.jpg (600x600, 39K)

turn based combat is fun, but it has to be done properly. this just looks janky af. even dragon quest combat would be better than this

>a Souls MOBA
>Street Fighter card game
>non-RPG linear action Elder Scrolls
Imagine if any of these games were mainline and fans waited years and years for that shit.
As much as some people like to jerk themselves off over how open they are to different things, I guaran-fucking-tee you'd be seething non-stop if your favorite franchise which had an established formula and player base for several years happened to turn into a genre you do not like.

Holy shit it's 2019 and people still believe that bullshit about Dead Souls.
Reminder that Sega laid off most of Sega of America days after it came out because they wanted to "focus on Sonic, Total War and Aliens". Sega simply didn't care about localizing Yakuza.

>CURRENT YEAR

No one waits “years and years” for Yakuza though, they release like two games a year. By the time this game is out Judgment 2 will be a few months away with regular Yakuza gameplay and they’ll announce three more remakes of old games.

>>non-RPG linear action Elder Scrolls
>Imagine if any of these games were mainline and fans waited years and years for that shit.
That was successful though

Not pissed, just thought it was amusing how the series was dead after I picked it up.

I have trillion other games in my backlog so getting ride of 7 other games sounds good to me.

well the fact that the turn-based combat was originally an april fools joke reveal to test the waters shows the devs weren't entirely confidant about how the fanbase would react at the time. But now after getting good feedback they are proudly showing it.

I was looking forward to see his new fighting style as well. RIP.

fuck all of you, it might be fun to finally play now

> Yea Forums overreacting again

The game's going to be great.

Swear to god, Yea Forums never stop talking about how bad Yakuza series combat is but now suddenly the contrarian coming to this thread just for the sake of it.

I'm a turn-based rpgfag and this is doing nothing for me. I feel very apprehensive about making a whole seperate system for the next mainline Yak game. Why didn't RGG experiment and introduce this new system in Judgment/JUDGE EYES, a spinoff?? It would have given that game a better identity and made it more interesting than the diet-Yak combat system we got in that game.

I'm hoping the game will still be good at the end of the day, if not from a story perspective than hopefully they'll make the combat feel fun and engaging.

Attached: 1566378638303.png (251x249, 81K)

>actually excited now
three times the size of kamurocho and probably a lot of stuff iterated on from judge eyes so we're gonna have an actually good world now

Good choice, unfortunately Judgment doesn't have a lot of fun minigames, story is better than in yakuza games though.

>turn-based
preordered

Remember when they made Yakuza a third person shooter and it actually turned out to be decent?

Yea Forums: new thing bad. old thing good.

NOOOOO NEW THING BAD OLD THING GOOD!!! DON'T EVER CHANGE ANYTHING EVER OR TRY TO BE INNOVATIVE!!!

>yakuzafag calling anyone a weeb

Attached: 1567040820002.png (494x345, 145K)

jesus this post is filled with seethe at some imaginary boogeymen who supposedly ruined his favorite game

>just thought it was amusing how the series was dead after I picked it up.
Fucking kill yourself. I absolutely loathe people who pick up a series in the middle of it and claim; "Yep, this was the best the series ever been xD"

How are the chinks handling it?

>Yea Forums
You should see the Nip twitter right now.

The game's definitely going to be great

>series goes multiplatform
>it kills itself for no reason
Yakuza now joining the ranks of Gundam Breaker

If you mean Japs, absolutely terribly.

>No one waits “years and years” for Yakuza though, they release like two games a year
>more remakes of old games
That is the big problem with Yakuza as a whole, every other series gets shit for rehashes. But instead of changing the whole genre, they should have instead made meaningful additions to the content itself and polish up the combat. There are enough turn-based games already, but very few open world brawlers.

>what it will be going foward
Don't get your panties in a knot chief, they already said if it doesnt work out theyll go back to the older style.

>nip twitter is 90% women mad that kiryu isn't in the game
I'm just happy one of my favourite series is doing a genre I've never really gotten to experience

If you hated Yakuza's combat, imagine that but 100x more boring. That's what Yakuza 7's combat will be.

So if this is successful we're gonna have another awkward dynasty warriors style naming problem. Great.

I'm honestly fine with Nagoshi and his team wanting to try out something new. The Judgement type spin-offs will obviously continue so we will probably still see a beat-em up style game every other year or so.

Selling more games than it ever has before. Cope.

>Turn based cannot be more fun than action combat
Imagine being thinking this.

Good, theyre the closest audience to the producer. They dont give a shit if ppl half a world away are pissed, things are different if theyre in the same country though. Same with anime

cool, don't care about your opinion tho.

strawpoll.me/18559789

Attached: 1566244887382.jpg (420x634, 58K)

>Turn based cannot be more fun than action combat
Yes this is unironically true

ADDbro...

Yakuza 0 is on sale but i have never played any of the games and only roughly know what its like. Ik this is a risky comparison rn but i liked persona will i enjoy yakuzas rpg elements?

How does this look any fun to you? Even if you despise action games and are the biggest fan of turn-based combat, this still looks slow and unimpressive no matter what.

Theyre mostly pissed about its title being mainline, atleast from the tweets ive read. Its possible they can change the title in time, and honestly, if it doesnt have any ties to the original Kiryu saga, they should change it based off that alone, not the gameplay.

Wrong. 1 and 2 on PS2 are still the best selling games.

The Kiryu whining is like 1:10 compared to the "why is this an RPG!?" rage.

Baka mitai hontou baka ne...
Anta shinjiru bakari de...

Attached: BAKAMITAI.jpg (900x1514, 144K)

>said on Yea Forums.org

Attached: IMG22.jpg (528x774, 49K)

Meant to link to this post

I have nothing against action games, for fucks sake I've played this series for a long time now and enjoyed just about every game, only 3 felt a bit boring.
And while the webm itself looks pretty slow I realize that seeing a fraction of the game isn't enough to judge the combat system fully, I'm carefully optimistic that it can be a cool change of pace.
Instead of being a doomposter who screech at any change.

Yeah, you will a good bit.

Also jesus christ, the bait in these threads is so fucking obvious it's depressing. People boiling down combat they clearly know jack shit about and generalizing. If this is what passes as baiting on Yea Forums nowadays, this board really has gone to shit.

I cant blame em, if persona changed to a normal action game id be very worried too.

That’s a literal lie. It’s life time is 200k. That is lower than any other yakuza game released on PS4. Judgement did 100k more than it

For the week it released it beat monster hunter, but monster hunter had been out for weeks retard

They obviously want to showcase the animations and all that which is why the combat looks so slow, but it will most likely have a speed-up button that will make the encounters play out faster.

>Contrarian keep saying people who hates Yakuza Combat are action game haters
You guys are fucking delusional, just because Yakuza got action combat in it doesn't mean its a good fucking game because of it.
Yakuza Combat is literally a dumbed down Dynasty Warrior combat with spammable EX-skills.
>Press Button to do COOL cutscenes
>WOOHOO ACTION GAMES!
Fuck this shitty combat.

Attached: 1234423457650.png (685x517, 52K)

Unless it's Ninja Gaiden or MGR caliber, turn-based combat will always be better than a shitty brawler.

Ishin is one of the best games in the series. You obviously haven't played it.

Dynasty games are more brain dead than Yakuza.

Right, because no one that started on the PS2 would be pissed about this. I mean this series has always been known for its turn based combat, it's only those 0fags that are to blame. Unironically kill yourself.

They should have just let you change and improve your fighting style on the run.

truth

Attached: trash.jpg (984x571, 148K)

Turn based is great, looking forward do this game.

Im actually hyped for it now

Same, looks like a great turn based combat.

That dragon quest line in the trailer cracked me up though. It might not be too bad.

Looks great, I'll buy it.

Visual novels are more fun to """play""/read than any JRPG you can name. And they're slower paced too so that insult doesnt even work towards me.

>t. so called ADDbro

Attached: tr.png (960x960, 761K)

They need to improved the enemy AI, but
>SEGA
>Enemy AI
>LMAO
Just look at Valkyria Chronicles, 4 fucking games where the players spends their 90% of their times in the battle.
Games is fucking dead now because how shitty its because japs doesnt know how to balance.
Yakuza got it good, because not even idiot would praised or play this game based on the combat.
People only care about the story, unlike VC where it got shit story to begin with.

that's not relevant to my post at all but thanks for the (You) anyway

While I like the action combat of the yakuza games, I think this is an interesting change. Looking at the trailers, it looks like they are going to add more mobility and dynamism (party members moving around, the guy who uses an item in the gameplay video dodges an attack). Since the gameplay is probably designed by the same staff from the rest of the yakuza games, I think they might add some wild shit from the prior entries that haven't been seen in JRPGs before. They've already mentioned that you can attack using the environment. However I think the gameplay they showed today was really fucking stiff. Something like the April Fools video (if it was actual gameplay) would have been a MUCH better example of the game's gameplay.

Why didn't they just name it "Yakuza something something" instead of Yakuza 7? A lot less peope would ape out.

Attached: free shrugs.png (449x642, 509K)

Sure bro, I totally believe that hyperbolic statement, you probably haven't read a book in your life, let alone a VN.
What is your gripe with turn-based games then if not for the fact that they are slow?

It's called Yakuza: Like A Dragon in the west. Would not be surprised if it gets a name change in Japan

>Yakuza Combat is literally a dumbed down Dynasty Warrior combat with spammable EX-skills.
Have you played any musou game, you dumbass? Yakuza is braindead, sure, not this braindead.

i don't get why this isn't a spinoff, but i'm still buying it. i like turn-based rpgs.

who fucking cares? play/want something actually original you obsessed faggots

Attached: file.png (315x543, 12K)

Yeah, but that's not really the same.
Weren't they going to name it "Shin ryu ga gotoku" or something like that, back when it was first teased?

>Yakuza was already a cutscene fest
>the developers just finally decided to cut out the little bit of player interactivity there was
Sad, but the fans never played Yakuza for its combat, so it's understandably.

>extremely long cutscenes broken up by fast paced beat em up gameplay
>replace this with extremely long cutscenes broken up by extremely long, broing rpg gameplay

cool, can't wait to ignore this entirely. you had a good run sega, but you always managed to ruin what you have.

Ryu ga Gotoku literally translates into "Like a dragon".
Yakuza is a localized title to begin with.

Buying it day 1 and praying we get more like it

I think that was a working title or something

I know, but that's what they're going to call Yakuza 7 in the west.

Attached: 1559668757008.png (3588x3596, 1.13M)

>They want to make a good game this time and not just pander to action retards.
persona started as a strategy rpg with 6 characters that you move around the battlefield. it only got popular when it got turned into an auto-attack rpg with 4 static characters. literally changed for retards.

Judgment 2 when?

I guess that's the end of the god tier combat, then. 7 might be the first Yakuza game I don't buy. Everyone post examples of the god tier Yakuza combat that the idiots at sega have dropped to make way for Personashit.

Attached: Yakuza God Tier Comb at.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

You know you've outgrown Yea Forums when you see shiteating Yea Forumsermin 14-year olds say things like they're dogmatically true and thinking "wait, that's a dumb generalisation, I don't agree with that at all"

>blames sega and not series producer
>producer literally says if people dont like it they'll go back
Its fine, I let my emotions get the better of me sometimes too

>this is MY thread for ME and MY friends, buttwad! LEAVE

>Comb at

>Yakuza Combat is literally a dumbed down Dynasty Warrior combat with spammable EX-skills
Like it's been said before, this is precisely the area that could use some improvement instead of jumping ship and abandoning years of experience.

Now unless they have some brilliant gameplay designer that will elevate the new Yakuza game and rival other veteran JPRG series such as SMT or Disgaea, chances are the combat is only going to become even worse. Previous Yak games at least had the novelty of being one of the very few brawlers out there. For me, it's a dumb decision no matter how I look at it.

nah just wondering why you care about this lmao

>Yakuza Combat is literally a dumbed down Dynasty Warrior combat with spammable EX-skills
m8, dynasty warriors uses 2 buttons, and a jump button with nowhere to jump.

LMAO good point, haha

I've played all the Ace attorney games and Danganronpa games plus Kara No Shojo and Cartagra.

Turn based games are lame as fuck because of the combat. I don't care what anyone says, if the game has combat, then the COMBAT is the core of the game. Everything else is just icing on the cake. But what if the core of the game is absolutely fucking boring? Well, you don't want to play through it. That's my stance on JRPGs. The core of JRPG games is just staring at menus, which I don't find entertaining. Visual novels have no combat, so their core is storytelling and characters, which the VNs I like really succeed at. I enjoy playing through VNs, and I detest JRPGs. Hope you understand.

Attached: retard.jpg (773x935, 47K)

based

Attached: 1559395522434.webm (640x360, 2.53M)

>Ichiban Kasuga (voiced by Kazuhiro Nakaya)

I wish they would have got someone new to the Yakuza series to voice a new protragonist.

persona was never a strategy rpg. p1's combat system is more similar to trails in the sky than any strategy rpg.

He's right though, what you guys like about the combat is the "cool animations and satisfying motions" but in reality the combat is just square > square > square > triangle, sometimes you parry into heat attack.

I welcome this new shift, the combat is gonna be way more involved, really looking forward to it.

Attached: c76.jpg (494x366, 57K)

the core of jrpgs is strategy

>persona was never a strategy rpg.
thanks for outing yourself, 4 bab.

Imagine not only accepting retarded localization, but also insisting it defines anything.

Fuck off zoomer

Attached: 1559400108525.webm (748x420, 2.92M)

Attached: 1567071308547.jpg (902x1875, 775K)

>loved yakuza for its combat
how the fuck

Both got similar shitty AI, with occasional generals who can block or need special skill to bypass it.
>walk for couple block
>got stopped by copy paste grunts
>spams my special skills for COOL CUTSCENE
>repeat forever until we got into the good part AKA the fucking story.
Literally Dynasty Warrior game.

>action game
>skill based
>if you can dodge, block, and attack properly, you can take down enemies much stronger than you
>RPG
>your level isn't high enough so you can't win

based handholding gamers. turn based RPGs are for people with no reaction time.

It's fun though so none of that matters.

>won't directly reply to someone like a limp dick cowardly faggot as if that fucking means anything
>NUH UH YOU'RE THE ONE OBSESSED WITH REPLIES
seek help

>The core appeal of the best survival horror games on the market is being a shitty third person shooter with bad controls

Fuck off

How the fuck am i supposed to microwave someone now

kek

Attached: 16830747_1252931724796002_2328447757671211515_n.jpg (327x316, 21K)

>that webm
Sometime its hard to see if Yea Forums trying to be sarcastic or just plain retarded.

Attached: 1234423341792.jpg (126x126, 3K)

There are plenty of turn-based games that require planning and strategy to beat.
The fact that you use the same old bait argument: "Turn based is just staring at menus" gives me the impression you have at most played FF7 and written that off as all turn-based games.
FFT for example has a lot of strategy to it.
Chrono Trigger has while being one of the old guard still has enemy positions mattering, as well as combo moves it other members.

Why is it that every time someone says they hate turn-based combat they default to the; "You just look at menus and do nothing lmao just mash x"
You people haven't played enough turn-based games to justify this opinion.

>0babs drop the series after this
>no new games are localized
>pre-0 comfy threads will return
Holy fuck, based

>You just look at menus and do nothing lmao just mash x

because chrono trigger came out 24 years ago.

This will make fighting bosses completely underwhelming, what were they thinking ?

im not really mad, i can see why they want to change stuff after speding so many years making the same combat system.

that say i can see this going two ways, this doesn't work and they go back OR this works and they start making 2 separated series of yakuza games, one going rpg and one going action

I'd be willing to bet situational heat moves are still a thing based on the environment you fight in, so it'd just be a matter of fight in a poppo mart and use your heat to do the move like usual.

>finally get combat decent in Judgment
>do this

Attached: 1567070345720.jpg (1080x1042, 187K)

Stay mad baka gaijin. Your opinions literally don’t matter

nice button mashing bro

The difference being its obviously not gonna be as detailed and environmental-focused as this, they're gonna cut corners and make shit stiff and slow

Attached: 29c.jpg (917x1024, 66K)

Fun fact - japs also shit on it, check twitter replies under announcement.

i hope it backfires and they never recover.

i started with 2 and have played all of them, retard. devil survivor is a strategy rpg, persona 1 is not.

Judgment's combat was a step down, Yagami's movesets were laggy as all fuck.

I'd like to see you try shitting on yakuza combat now you little bitch

Attached: 1559419148048.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

>"Man I love the Yakuza series but fucking hate this decision I wish they would stick to action, oh by the way, I also want this to backfire and I hope the studio bankrupts"

Attached: 1507478317991.jpg (630x418, 40K)

I wonder if the new yakuza will have karaoke.

>Japs
>twitter
Dumb gaijin. Enjoy your government approved kabuki theatre

>>Series with over a dozen games including mainline and spin-offs have always been an action-game

Always?

Attached: Yakuza-2-1024x640.png (1024x640, 1.08M)

nice continual button mashing bro

You can't expect Zerobabbys to know the series.

the combat always sucked, especially in the dragon engine. glad they try something new

they literally just gave up lmao

Attached: 1566397790922.jpg (1023x972, 142K)

>Turn-basedfags so starved for games they welcome this turd getting shat into their mouths
Oof.

Godlike combo video. Turnbasedfags will never get this good

HUmarl-chan?

Lmao I never play Yakuza before, people actually playing this shit?

Attached: 1201731411124.jpg (480x305, 26K)

Almost definitely. Only reason Judgment didn't is the guy they used for Yagami's likeness/VA is a legit singer so licensing rights would be fucking insane.

Meanwhile Ichiban's VA is someone who's already done karaoke in the series as Nishiki.

but hey
look
realistic bread

Attached: media.io_EDHycSJWsAMKeJj.webm (1024x576, 506K)

Don't give tripfags attention.

There have been 15 fucking games with pretty much the same fucking combat system (MAYBE 11 if you don't count Kenzan/Ishin/Kiwamis). Just go back and play 0 if you love the combat so fucking much

Attached: 1409627157307.png (629x403, 245K)

he is a based user false flagging as a rabid yakuza fan, people always fall for his bait

>Make Sakura Taisen a ARPG button masher
>Make Yakuza a SRPG
What's SEGA masterplan here?

Attached: robot reimu.jpg (1130x1599, 346K)

>Spam 1 attack
>Press triangle to watch movie
user I am the biggest yakuza fan but please don't call this god tier

>gameplay shift in a mainline title

shoulda gone the shin path to test the waters first instead of this

Nice. Wish the battle system is fast and snappy like p5

Attached: IMG_20190828_170438.jpg (1544x1544, 215K)

Thank fuck you guys don't dictate this series cause their core audience, the japanese, hate the fuck out of this direction so this is going to flop hard.

What's weird is, they usually experiment shit like that by doing spin-offs to prevent hurting the mainline series like Kenzan, Ishin, the black panther games, and dead souls. Did they just switch between Judgement and Yakuza 7 or something? Hell, judgement's detective theme would have worked great with turn-based and give the refined combat to Y7.

Doesn't matter anymore, the japs already said its shit and are ignoring this entry, which is why Nagoshi publicly stated that they will revert back if it sells like shit.

Attached: 1554514070721.png (320x431, 236K)

But at least there was satisfaction in beating the shit out of people for short sequences with better crowd control moves.

The new combat has drawn out as fuck animations and is going be a slog in fights like . I see no reason to believe it's going to be faster or more impactful than what we've gotten before. Even if there's an action to take down multiple enemies, you still lose the sense you're directing your own attacks, pushing enemies up against a wall and other feedback there's only present in action combat. Strategy is the bread and butter of turn-based gameplay, and if Yak's combat was braindead before, now with that lack of feedback is going be 10x as worse.

why can't turn-based chads stop winning, bros?

I'm just worried since the last time they changed the game in such a dramatic way was dead souls and it sucked.
Might be different this time since this game has been in development for a longer time than most of the games.
Ichiban looks great, and I really hope they don't drop him if the game does poorly.

Hate the green filter

thank you for posting this

Attached: breadclub.png (960x540, 94K)

>SEGA makes a bad decision
Gee, never heard that before.

Why are you people so buttblasted about Yakuza 0?

Sega is too high IQ for mere mortals to understand

Attached: Valkyria-Azure-Revolution-PlayStation-4-Boxart.jpg (1766x2215, 345K)

>But at least there was satisfaction in beating the shit out of people for short sequences with better crowd control moves.
Its getting fucking boring after so many sequels, fuck anyone who thinks this brain dead combat is good.

If I want strategy then I play board games, Civilization or EU4.

Yakuza are already JRPG, so I don't see the issue with this.

bless you bread god

This is just one game right?
Like it's not permanent right?

Because it is the many times the first Yakuza game a newcomer is going to play and newcomers very often have that smug sense of superiority and use that to decide that Yakuza 0 is the best in the series and nothing can ever come close to it.
This opinion isn't grounded in actual knowledge or experience of the series because they have only played 0.
That is what makes many of these zerobabbies fucking annoying.

>Its getting fucking boring after so many sequels
Yes, that is an issue. But it's no better than switching to a gameplay style that a million existing JRPGs have been doing for decades with way more finesse.

It's the only one that started to see real success worldwide, after Yakuza 1-5 were already out, and the only other mainline game after it is 6 which didn't seem to do as well.

So to hipsters, the vocal fanbase of the series is now latecomers who didn't even stick around instead of loyal weebs.

They'll probably go back if the majority of people hate it.

I wonder where that user spamming those good combat threads is at.

What does that have to do with anything I just said?
You said turn-based games are just boring, staring at menus and I brought up examples where you don't just stare at menus.
What is it that you actually dislike about turn-based games, you haven't brought up anything concrete so far other than; "I just feel like this".

But Zero is the best in the series, so they are not wrong.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE A MOBILE GAME EXCLUSIVE/SPIN-OFF.

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?

>IT IS TURNBASED
WHAT THE FUCK? Wow WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?

The combat is the worst part of Yakuza games. Anyone who whines about this is a certified moron.

Attached: 1478387288522.png (417x578, 195K)

>have to deal with not only a split in fanbase, but another huge wait because everyone at nippon land hates Y7

Attached: 1542477657406.gif (180x180, 2.66M)

i love dragon quest and jrpgs in general but this is a very bad idea. How can you make epic boss fights in this style? there's very little sense of urgency in turn based combat and turn based is notoriously hard to balance that almost no one gets it right. DQXI is probably the most advanced version i've seen and it's still clunky and can be cheesed.

>Hates binary domain
>Autistic post about saying Yakuza series own by his.
>Threat to do school shooting
Why action combatfag are so autistic?
Its okay if this was DMC series or something similar to it, but there's nothing good about Yakuza combat.
Its baffled me some people actually defending this shit.

Just to clarify, best way to go through the series is ignoring kiwami and playing the originals like 1023456, right?

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME. The fucking combat on 6 was fucking great! I have been on Yea Forums since 2007 and this literally is the first time I'm fucking pissed that you guys don't like to beat the shit out of the bad guys in these games. What the fuck? Literally what is wrong with you guys?

This a really dumb idea. The whole appeal of Yakuza was not just the combat. Sure it wasn't some revolutionary design but it fit with Yakuza's overall style. The nice thing about the combat was that during story events the action sequences were nice and fluid, along with random encounters or side quests. You could just enjoy doing some retarded comical moves and breeze through them quick. Then there is another problem because Yakuza games are heavy on plot and have shit tones of dialogue. Who want's to be going through a point in the story with good pacing and build up to a fight you're looking forward to only for the momentum to be fucking ruined by lame ass JRPG shit that doesn't belong or fit with the game's style at all. I believe the collective result of all the little side things and mini games, shops and activities, story and Japanese setting are what really make the game enjoyable. Not the combat which will now take three times as long to get through and at least it had its own charm in the previous games. I personally liked Yakuza because it wasn't its own type of weeb game. Why the fuck would it need to have the image of "deep" combat mechanics? What retard thought this was a good idea? It completely changes the entire pace and tone of the game and is sure to make the game more tedious. The good news is i've been hearing that the devs want to test the waters with this and will not bring back JRPG mechanics if the game isn't well received. Though i'm sure the devs get opinions from social media so then again the series might be FUCKED cause people will think JRPG means "more gameplay, intricate game mechanics etc etc".

Thats not the point. The point is arriving at that conclusion, not from actually having played the other games, but from just assuming it is or, even worse, just watching screenshots or short gameplay videos of the other games.
You can think Zero is the best in the series but if you at the same time think that every other game is meaningless to play because they can't match up to Zero WITHOUT you having played them, then you are cancer.
Nothing wrong with going 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, remasters, 6.
Just be prepared that 3,4,5 might feel a bit janky after coming from 0.

Release order. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 0, Kiwami if you want, 6, Kiwami 2 if you so desire.

*But it's no better switching

No, playing it release order at this point is just dumb.

>0 after 1 then going back to release order
That's a very weird order. Just go in release order.

Attached: 1565980728072.png (540x540, 303K)

>How can you make epic boss fights in this style?
easily? try playing other turn-based jrpgs besides dragon quest.

such as....?
this fag is gonna say peesona lmfao

Some friends of mine INSIST on starting 1 and then playing 0 if I do desire, I have no idea why.

I tried yakuza 0 and the combat killed it for me. It's duller than dull and you have to keep running away from enemies over and over else you have to play another minigame of mashing square over and over.

I imagine the appeal is supposed to be from the story but I'm not sitting through the actual game part for it.

Yakuza 2 only sold 40,000 units in America

Imagine fighting Kuze in the sewer with this lame ass turn based system LMAO that would ruin it

Chrono Trigger.

>OH NO NIGGER
lmfao i knew you had shit taste fucking KEEEEEK

Yeah, because it was the lame ass combat system that made the fight interesting, not the setting or reason for it.
Remember the QTE? Wow that was so fun, it almost felt like I was playing my favorite david cage games.

>suddenly Yea Forums cares about gacha games

Ok, sega hasnt made a bad Yakuza game before so I'll give it a shot.

at least based japs are already raging at the devs over this so it's guaranteed to be dead on arrival

Attached: snap.png (500x500, 580K)

*shit tons of dilogue
*who wants to be going
"it was its own type of
Fucking brain thinks faster than I can type.

Yeah too bad now we have to wait 3-4 years until we get another Yakuza like last time a title flopped

Its Chrono Trigger you illiterate monkey.

>I want to mash two, maybe three buttons
>that is all the depth I require

Judgment already seems to be flopping if the constant sales is indicative of anything

Contrarians are upset that people like Yakuza 0, which brought in a bunch of newcomers, thus ruining their "secret" club. So they act like Yakuza combat was never fun, ironically acting like the worst sorts of newcomers that basically just want to streamline and cut out part of what made the series stand out.

I just used the japanese name faggot. learn to hajime

They are stupid.
Release order or 0, K1, K2, 3 and so on.
No need to play 1 and K1, no need to play 0 before or after 1. The only time 0 comes first is if you want to play K1 instead of 1.

theouterhaven.net/2019/08/segas-judgment-sold-better-than-expected-in-the-west/

>LMAO YAKUZA COMBAT WAS NEVER GOOD XD
Then why switch to an even worse combat system? your logic doesn't apply

Attached: 1468217109859.jpg (500x576, 34K)

>cut out part of what made the series stand out.
In what kind of delusional wonder land do you live? This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read on this site. Are you retarded?

How is it flopping?
as.com/meristation/2019/08/26/noticias/1566801783_050718.html

This. Imagine getting harassed on the street over and over again except now you get something annoying like when you get dragged into a pokemon battle. At least before it was funny because if you decided to fight you just kicked their asses and went on your way. Now you're stuck with a minimum 5 minute long battle of just pressing buttons and watching shit happen.

>Japanese: クロノ・トリガー Kurono Torigā
You just got fucking owned.

That's good to hear then
I just assumed it wasn't doing so hot in the US because it was already on sale

Elaborate on what your problem is with the statement, kid. I can't read your mind.

I played all Yakuza games and the combat barely improves, mainly the bosses were the fun part and yes I played them all on hard from the start. Judgment was a huge step backwards as well, might be nice to change it up because the main pull for me was the RPG stuff, leveling up all the stats, finding new equipment, etc.

I hope what he's thinking is
>yes goim now we'll be able to recycle assets even more by making 2 versions of the same game, a Yakuza JRPG and a Judgment action title
I hope

shitposters looking for (You)s

>The action combat is what made the series stand out
Surely you can't honestly think this.

>This. Imagine getting harassed on the street over and over again except now you get something annoying like when you get dragged into a pokemon battle.
So, exactly the same?
>Now you're stuck with a minimum 5 minute long battle of just pressing buttons and watching shit happen.
So, exactly the same?

eurogamer.net/articles/yakuza-3-wont-go-west-says-sega
>Only 40,000 copies of the second game were sold [In the US], and the first one didn't do much better

I'm legitimately trying to accept this and think of the potential they could pull with turn-based, but I literally can't see them making hype fights to the likes of Mine, Kuze, and Someya in this format. I just cant

Attached: 1467045425975.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

please let this be a sidegame please let this be a sidegame please let this be a sidegame please let this be a sidegame please let this be a sidegame please let this be a sidegame please let this be a sidegame please let this be a sidegame please let this be a sidegame please let this be a sidegame please let this be a sidegame

Yakuza combat is musou tier even on legend, it's imposible to get any worse than that

Learn to read, moron. There's important context you cut out.
>part of what made the series stand out

Release order user.

1-2-3-4-5-Zero-6

You can play if you want Kiwami after 0 and Kiwami 2 after 6. Dead Souls (is a spin off no-canon) is after 4.

Look, buddy, I'm writing plain english here. I quoted the part I have an issue with, champ. You don't need mind reading powers, you just need to think for a sec, pal.

Fuck every single one of you turn based virgin faggots your games are boring outdated shit

see

I'm sure you aren't so retarded you think just because something was a part of the games success, that means you cannot change it up later on and still retain or increase success.
A game that never changes stagnates, just fucking look at Pokemon and how it hasn't been good since Red/Blue, Silver/Gold.

so everyone agrees judgment was the real yakuza 7 all along?

>MUH TURN BASED TACTICS
>spends 90% of the battles just clicking attack
Possibly the most delusional group of gamers

Looks like we better turn Pokemon into an action RPG like Yakuza to make it better huh?

the megami tensei franchise alone has a ton of hype fights while being turn-based.

The combat has never made any of the games stand out. Not even when it was first released.

What, specifically, is your problem with it?

no, judgment is judgment.

take out the best aspect of yakuza lel

But the fight itself was a letdown because despite having a weapon now and Kiryu surely having his forearms shattered into a million pieces by two pipe attacks, he went down like anything.

Literally the only good part of that fight was the cutscene and intro into it, which have nothing to do with the battle.

>something was a part of the games success, that means you cannot change it up later
If that something is a fucking genre then no, you can't change it. If Ace Combat 8 is a tactical top down strategy game then no matter how good it is, it's not what Ace Combat fans want.

I can't believe those retards actually spelt "judgement" wrong for literally no reason

>just fucking look at Pokemon and how it hasn't been good since Red/Blue, Silver/Gold.
Yikes. A genwunner.

The fact it's a bold-faced lie.

Myself and everyone I know that played the series love Yakuza primarily for the story and characters, but also for its flashy and fun action combat.
But sure, keep spewing out blanket statements.

I'd absolutely welcome any change to the pokemon gameplay format. If it fails it fails, if it succeeds then we have a pokemon game that plays differently.
I mean for fucks sakes the Devs are even saying that; "Yeah if this flops hard we will go back", so they are even admitting it is a trial period.

>ton of hype fights
And 90% of the game is still clicking attack while occasionally exploiting a really obvious weakness or healing. I really don't understand the appeal of turn based JRPGs. It's lowest IQ tactical gameplay that exists on the planet

Yes and GTA was never the best shooter or racer.

If you actually played Yakuza 1 back on PS2 then the combat was great. The problem is that its stayed the same for the last 20 years. But don't try and say that people didn't love the series for its combat back when the series first began.

What is?

>Using regular attack in turn-based games
If you are going to pretend to know about the genre then at least read up first, holy shit.

Yeah most people like it for the exploration. I hope you enjoy random turn based events happening while you explore the city.

A Yakuza game with turn based combat sounds pretty based. I’d actually give the series another shot if this is true. Can’t deal with the garbage licensed action game tier combat of the mainline series.

The statement I quoted from your post.

Is it fun for you to act like an obtuse child? You're very skilled at it.
As opposed to random brawler fights at every second street.

And Yakuza action is different? You literally always have access to your inventory so you can have a stock of full-heals for every fight.
Tons of bosses utilize counters or hyper-armor that fucks up your combo mid-swing making it, at times, impossible to not get hit unless you slow down your pace to 2 attacks then dodge back.
TONS of boss fights in this series is tedious because of boss hyper armor or insta-counters mid-combo.

How is it a lie?

>actually I don't hit attack, I use fire abilities to hit ice enemies and ice abilities to hit fire enemies, it's a very deep system
Get fucked. I understand liking XCOM, I will never understand enjoying the "pick a blue attack to hit the blue enemy" gameplay.

>As opposed to random brawler fights at every second street
Yes. As opposed to something that happens in real time seamlessly and only takes 10-20 seconds, you have a turn based system that stops whatever the fuck was happening, destroys the pacing of exploration and takes a minute of clicking through menus to finish.

>"Hehe I use the epic argumentative tactic of extreme simplification, this way every game I talk about sounds braindead"
What turn-based games have you played?

You're right, it's a lot deeper to just hit some mook a couple of times until you're allowed to press the QTE button to instawin, watching the same 3 animations for hundreds of times while walking from one end of the city to the other.

Dead Souls 2 would be better than this shit

>And Yakuza action is different
Yeah because it's FUN action gameplay. You're not going through menus, you're running around punching baddies. It's not deep, but it's FUN in a simple visceral way. And it's seamlessly integrated into non-action gameplay, so it never bothers you. You don't even have to think about it.

it plays literally nothing like a musou. nice try at trying to seem knowledgeable.

>Majima temporarily joins your party.

Attached: Yakuza-Kiwami-Majima-Everywhere-Guide-900x506.jpg (900x506, 54K)

I played literally every Final Fantasy game and that is how they all play. And a lot of other JRPGs, I've been playing them since the 90s. Don't fucking tell me they're deep.

A lot of whiny faggots in this thread. It'll probably be good.

It looks really weird with the enemies constantly walking around

I always dug the few turn based RPGs out there that were grounded in modern day life so this could be good.

They'd have the same cutscenes and midfight QTEs that occur at set health thresholds. Having an actual party of people you rely on for fights would mean the times when someone's taken hostage you actually feel it, or when Ichiban or someone else is alone and you only have them, you actually are an underdog now.

Less of a chance that you go into a boss fight that's made out to be a big deal but come out basically unscathed having beaten him up with your basic double/triple finisher combos that stunlock/guardbreak him and then kicking him as he gets up, over and over again. In a turn based game an enemy WILL do damage, and you have to deal with it.

I imagine they'll do like tag team attacks a la chrono trigger.

Its definitely odd but they tend to know how to make things...yakuza-y so I hope they do it right

>10-20 seconds
+ (30 seconds * amount of mooks) mandatory heat cutscenes
+ 30 seconds searching for the mook that pissed off all the way to the corner, hiding from the camera
+ 30 seconds flubbing through the menu in order to instaheal and overpower yourself

Yeah can't wait to explore the new cit- oh wait, I have to fight a 5 minute long turn based battle before I enter this alley

>"I have played one series in this massive genre, this is how all of them play"
I didn't expect anything else.

>And 90% of the game is still clicking attack
you've never played smt.

>mandatory heat cutscenes
Mandatory how? You don't have to use those attacks. Please shill better.
>searching for the mook that pissed off all the way to the corner
That happens maybe once every 5 hours or so. Be honest now.
>flubbing through the menu in order to instaheal and overpower yourself
You really never have to do this with random encounters.

>Yakuza games are shit because you just do the same attacks over and over!!!
>game switches to turn based combat
>all of a sudden doing the same attacks over and over is acceptable
The only thing more simple and braindead than Yakuza combat is shitty turn based combat. SMT is the only turnbased game to make it any way interesting.

Attached: sly.jpg (232x249, 5K)

The goons AI is literally musou tiers It got Ex-skill bar to fill just like Musou
The only different is there was no QTE in musou that help you block or dodge shit.

>in this thread
Nah shut the fuck up nigger it's not only this thread. Not even the Japs on Twitter will stand for this, and the devs listen to THEM, not this Laotion pidgeon racing forum.

twitter.com/ryugagotoku/status/1166943695901351937

Attached: rousseau.jpg (404x720, 72K)

You're right, I should just ignore the cool attacks because then I can win internet arguments.
Happens all the fucking time.
And you still agree that it takes time and sucks shit.

I mean, musou attacks generally make you straight up invincible while you do them at the cost of the bar you just built up from attacking. They're pretty analogous to Heat moves.

Best thing about the dragon engine was getting rid of the loading times. Random brawl happens, bam 5 second fight and you move on.

imblyign

>I have played one series in this massive genre
Like I said, I played a lot. Do you want the full list? Xenogears, Tales of, Star Ocean, Dark Cloud, KH, do you really need a full list mr faggot, this isn't exactly a niche genre, everyone played those games. And they all play like shit because JRPG is a genre carried by nothing but the story and the characters.

You should ignore them because apparently you hate the cinematics. You do hate them right, or did you just say that to win an internet arguments? If you hate them I say you should skip them. If you don't, why are you complaining about them?

It'll must likely be like Dragon Quest 11 where a battle doesn't start unless you attack an enemy in the over world.

5 was a pretty good conclusion and 6 was a nice cherry on top

I can't read moon

I don't know how to feel about this. I like turn based rpgs but I feel they should have just done some wacky crossover spin off where you can recruit characters from throughout the series. These games are already kinda long as is so I wonder how the gameplay is gonna extend that.

>UMMM ACTUALLY TURN BASED IS REALLY DEEP
Not this shit again.

We're talking about the length of the combat. If you're so averse to fighting the same 3 random assholes turn based, why don't you just run away from them in the first place? Why are you complaining if you don't have to engage them?

Meant for

translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=ja&tl=en&text=お願いですからアクションにして下さい。

They might do the same here. You never know what the answer to low level battles will be, especially given in 0 they already had a mechanic of throwing money so you wouldn't have to waste time on a fight, so it's definitely something that's on their mind.

Could even do it like Earthbound where he just bats the dude in the face and instantly wins the fight if they're too low level to bother. Or they don't engage against you because you're rolling with a crowd and picking a fight against a strong gang is a stupid idea.

>Xenogears, Tales of, Star Ocean, Dark Cloud, KH
those are all action rpgs except for xenogears. and if you think kingdom hearts "plays like shit," i can't imagine how you enjoyed yakuza's combat all these years.

ME WANT SAME GAME. ME WANT SAME CITY. ME WANT SAME CHARACTERS. ME WANT WACKY CONSPIRACY PLOT AGAIN.

Some of those games aren't even turn-based man what the fuck are you doing.
And you put Final fantasy at the forefront of your argument despite FF never having had very good turn-based combat. It is about as bare-bones as it gets.
Radiant Historia, Octopath traveler, Persona, SMT, FFT, Disgaea, Chrono Trigger even, all of these have a more fun TBC than FF.

It can be. It's definitely better for controlling multiple characters than real time combat

Everyone here is so fucking dramatic. We'll keep getting Yakuza games, dumbfucks. If this turn-based shit doesn't work out, they'll go back to how it was, that's what they said.

I'm glad they're trying something different, we have like 10 games with the action gameplay, PLUS Judgment was a big hit and it's pretty much a guarantee we'll see more games like that. That wouldn't be so bad for the near future, action-y Judgment games and turn-based games in parallel.

>ME WANT SAME CITY. ME WANT SAME CHARACTERS. ME WANT WACKY CONSPIRACY PLOT AGAIN.
You retain all of this in Yakuza games even if you change it into a JRPG.

Yakuza games ARE jrpg and have always been.

We will see, japs are here to play test.

but JRPGs don't have lots of dialogue, sidequests, leveling up, and equipment

it just doesn't fit or make sense for a Yakuza game

You do have to engage them though. Is this really an argument you're going with user? A bit pathetic

Youre in luck, then, you neanderthal. Besides the gameplay, they're literally just asset flipping everything else.

>FFT, Disgaea
Really faggot, you're using tactical games to defend shitty JRPG combat? And everything you listed that's a JRPG still plays like shit, they just have an extra shitty mechanic or two on the pile of shit.

ME LIKE WHEN ME HIT MAN WITH BIKE. ME DO THIS FOR OVER DECADE. ME WANT TO HIT MAN WITH BIKE.

Nah, even games like Y0 have mechanics that let you skip fights. Which is a basic feature turn based JRPG have since the fucking 90s.

The combat was shit and the most boring part of the games. I'm looking forward to this change.

This, but unironically

At least they werent turn based.
The backlash on Japanese Twitter shows that they definitely hate the change even more than Yea Forums does, and they're the ones who have all the reason to be burnt out and be tired of the series since they have gotten ALL the games throughout the years, whilst the rest of the world had to wait.

Yes, controlling multiple characters is exactly what I want in Yakuza. It's not like I want it to be immersive, let's make it a fucking RTS while we're at it

>Really faggot, you're using tactical games to defend shitty JRPG combat?
Am I using turn-based games to defend turn-based games?
Yeah, I am.
>And everything you listed that's a JRPG still plays like shit, they just have an extra shitty mechanic or two on the pile of shit.
Then your taste is just shit. And I have to ask if you hate these games so much how in the world did you torture yourself through every FF game?
There is a limit to masochism.

ME LOVE SCROLLING THROUGH MENU AND DOING SAME ATTACK OVER AND OVER. ME SCROLL THROUGH MENU FOR 3 DECADES.

Holy shit that was so cool how you mashed a single button.

>It's not like I want it to be immersive
Immersive. In the game where you can break peoples necks, organs, everything and they still walk away a second later.
Come on dude you are reaching hard.

Why would I trust the opinions of japs? They're clinically retarded on most cases. Just look at any of their popularity and sales data.

Immersion has little to do with realism, though.

>Am I using turn-based games to defend turn-based games?
>Yeah, I am.
Good for you retard. I have nothing against FFT of XCOM or other great turn based TACTICAL games. I guess if you want to pretend we're talking about XCOM style games you can, pretending to be retarded is one way to win an argument

It doesnt matter if you trust them or not. The devs trust them more than they trust you or me. And the devs know that pissing them off is not a good idea.

Look up what that word means in a dictionary my dude

This series has had awesome team-up moments throughout almost every game though, and they never matched up to the hype in gameplay.

I think it'd be a nice, meaningful feeling of progression when you finally get some boss-turned-ally to actually join your party and he really does outshine your main character in some aspects, letting you fight stronger enemies.

Not for him to be an idling allied NPC for a 5 minute section of the game.

Good, i will now buy your game.
Personachads dabbing on actiontard is funny

>Persona, SMT
How long will personafags pretend that their games are deep just because you can collect pokemans in them?

>The combat in yakuza has always been shit
>The main draw to the game has always been the weird side diversions
>Also the story
And now people will complain about how great the combat used to be when my only hope is the Rpg stuff doesn't replace pachinko or karaoke.

>Not for him to be an idling allied NPC
That's not how it works though, they do fight and you also have bad ass combo attacks with them. It's hype af in my book

>but JRPGs don't have lots of dialogue, sidequests, leveling up, and equipment
(You)

Attached: d94f79134e1ec25a00e74ac28ea7002d344fabb59d203d962d64e7a0cb88343f.jpg (724x1023, 88K)

>if you're optimistic about turn-based gameplay, that means you hate the action combat from past games!
>if you defend the action combat from past games, you're just a nostalgiafag that wants to play the same game over and over again!

What if I like the turn-based combat idea and I like the old games for their combat? I've played everything in the series so far, even Kenzan and Black Panther, I'll be giving this a shot. And I'll be getting Judgment 2 day one as well.

Attached: ss_01.jpg (1400x1400, 209K)

They really don't contribute, though. Like they aren't doing 10% as much as you are.

In an RPG that's balanced decently, getting a new party member means they are going to vaguely match up to your main character. Like take Judgment for example, if it were turn based and Kaito joined he would absolutely DEMOLISH Yagami in health, attack, and defense. The times when he joins you'd actually feel like a big musclehead badass is helping out.

>All of the faggots ITT coming out of the woodwork saying the combat was shit because THEY were shit at the game
get good
youtu.be/j3NAc6KPljc?t=14

Attached: 1563027597498.jpg (537x568, 115K)

>"with style"
>overleveled all styles
>abuses throws
thanks for the laugh

strawpoll.me/18559789/r

Attached: 1566288644008.gif (400x400, 1.99M)

not an argument

>make the same game for 14 years
>finally start to improve the combat with the last few entries
>give up and turn it into a JRPG

Attached: DHhvHHBXgAE4063.jpg (1024x827, 73K)

I dont understand why anyone is surprised about this. Look at the COMPLETE, UTTER, ABSOLUTELY POWERFUL, ALL MIGHTY LACK OF EFFORT put into the combat in Yakuza 0 etc. You really surprised they took the easy way out, look at this shit they were making.

PS2 Yakuza was actually pretty badass as far as the combat goes. Far from perfect, but lightyears better than the absolute dogshit combat of 0.

Attached: YakuzaIsShitNow.webm (640x360, 1.88M)

No matter what you think about turn-based, it's a FACT that turn-based will ruin the seamless pace of exploration. That's no way it won't. Goodbye comfy cities, you're full of JRPG random encounters now

>Goodbye comfy cities, you're full of JRPG random encounters now
They already fucking are. Why the fuck do you keep repeating this nonsense when random encounters have been a staple since yakuza 1?