Another cool game ruined by the souls gameplay meme

another cool game ruined by the souls gameplay meme

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 429K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/774361/extras/Hat_Boss_fight.gif?t=1567004155
steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/774361/extras/Hat_Combat.gif?t=1567004155
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's not even out yet dude

go play the demo
it's out

What exactly do you mean by the "souls gameplay meme"?

It was announced like that,so no surprise here

I liked the demo

Isn't just a metroidvania?

It's a 2D side scroller you faggot.

parrying and dodge is the main "goal"
overpowered enemies everywhere
slow as fuck action
you die in a couple of hits, and you need to recover health constantly
you have to go back to recover your loot
repetition of the same areas again and again

not that I'm criticizing the devs
the game is not a ruse, and it's beautiful
I am complaining about it being a souls game, and not fresh arcade action
I have the same issue with hollow knight and losing your loot, that you need to progress in the story

what does that have to do with gameplay elements, and it being a souls game?

Gee I dunno, literally everything?

red flag

Attached: file.png (998x789, 856K)

I like half those things so I couldn't care less.

fair

Outward and Remnant are both really good.

>haha it's hard so it's dark souls xd
Are you a gaming """journalist"""?

>those reasons

Oh, so your just a pleb who sucks at video games and then shits their pants about it. You should have just said so user.

Attached: 12-nun.w330.h412.jpg (330x412, 71K)

if you can't understand what is a dark-souls type of game, I won't even bother

And every white paneled puzzle game is a portal rip off right?

great argument you have there, mate
I love bullet hells, and I prefer them over this slugfest zoomer fest gameplay

Shad upa yo face

if you can't understand those reasons... I can't help you, mate
you can enjoy really good metroidvanias without souls-type combat, resource management, and loot recovery
maybe you have never played non-souls games

>Outward
It's pretty good. But in a game about exploring there's not much to explore after a while. They added a couple bosses last update though, i'll wait for a DLC. I still spent 60 hours on it kek

Speaking of the 'souls meme' this shits on sale for another few hours is it worth giving a go?

Attached: surge.jpg (310x397, 24K)

Have you ever considered with your gamer that people may actually like that sort of gameplay and that a fantastic art direction only makes it better?

>demo\full release
kys

>it's 2D therefore metroidvania

Now that's a trope I'm tired of.

It's decent fun but not as good as the game it imitates

have you ever considered that some metroidvania aficionados would find those elements tedious and ruining the experience? it's not rocket science

perfect example of grindy souls, the level loop, overpowered enemies and cheap kills up the wazoo
it checks every point if you are into soul games
I particularly enjoy the artwork and universe a lot

See It was never marketed as a metroidvania, you're the one going in excpecting it to be something it's not.

no
it's literally a metroidvania... well at least it's tagged as that on the store

hurry up and post webms faggot

>user tags mean anything
Retard

>action platformer
>fast paced
>hack and slash
my ass

Attached: file.png (327x104, 38K)

It looks fantastic
the gameplay is full of zoomer elements, though
steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/774361/extras/Hat_Boss_fight.gif?t=1567004155

I never saw it advertised as a Metroidvania. From day one of the kickstarter they said it was a souls inspired 2D action game with combat that would be unforgiving.

If it's metroid at all it would be like Dark Souls which is diet metroid.

>soulslike
>fast paced
Borne-like? I hate buzzwords desu

>parrying and dodge is the main "goal"
that does sound boring so it's nothing but the same dodge + attack rhythm?

once again, I am not criticizing the devs, but the decision. it's the point of the thread
steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/774361/extras/Hat_Combat.gif?t=1567004155

I was honestly going to get it from the moment I saw the blood helmet scene. That pretty much sold me on trying the game.

This looks fun as fuck

So you're complaining that they made the game they wanted to make?

Attached: orenthal-james-simpson-9484729-1-402.jpg (1200x1200, 261K)

GO PLAY FOR YOURSELVES

Attached: file.png (239x96, 10K)

This thread is starting to feel like it's on 5 layers of reverse-shilling or something.

i will thanks

>you have to go back to recover your loot
God I hate Souls for making that shit feature popular

i am complaining about souls elements becoming a plague the same as rogue-like crap
I am not discussing the devs in any way. I know this board is /vpol/ so I guess that is expected, but I am here discussing a design decision

Attached: file.png (722x143, 74K)

yeah it's so fucking tedious

this game is basically a nintendo DS metroidvania, but adding souls shit for the HURR DURR LE HARD crowd

>a nintendo DS metroidvania
What does that even mean?

I mean Castlevania (portrait/dawn/order)

Well, if you're wanting to do that you have to keep in mind that this game has been in dev for about three years. It's groundwork was lain when souls-like design was starting to be looked at by numerous devs inspired by Dark Souls.

Unlike most other media, if something is done to death already for a game genre, there's not much you can do to course correct. So crucifying a game like blasphemous for choices that have been done by other games that released before it and while it was in development (Hollow Knight, Salt and Sanc, etc) is a bit dishonest in my opinion. What you should criticize is the whole product on its release and what it does with all these elements throughout the entire game.

Just dismissing it and shitposting it is what led to /vpol/

...Not a single one of those says metroid you zoomer fuck.

I get it now.
We're getting the retards that don't yet grasp that what they are referring to as "souls shit" is the game just making the same references to religious things that the "Souls shit" does

>B-but you go through a dark woods!
Just like dark souls
>You have a sword and hit things with it!
Just like dark souls
>You walk through a castle with rusty gates and shit!
Just like dark souls
>You fight big things!
Just like dark souls

Clearly it's a rip off.

Stop looking at face value, you're no better than the normies crying for devs to change games based on trailers.

No.

ok yeah the art and atmosphere are pretty great and it seems to hint at an actual coherent story

the combat is kind of boring in this demo anyway, enemy placement will result in a clusterfuck of undodgeable attack because spear/trident wielding priests keep dashing across the ground, enemies also seem to have a little too much health, im sure fans of hollow knight will like this but in a metroidvania i prefer the combat to be quicker because that isn't the focus of the genre anyway

user dark souls didn't invent gothic / catrholic imagery that said yeah considering the combat the dev probably did base it off of dark souls

This game is by far the BEST Souls game.

i don't think it's supposed to be a metroidvania though, but i'm talking without knowing anything about it so i might be wrong.

that sounds fun tho

5/10 main game
9/10 DLC

>but in a metroidvania i prefer the combat to be quicker because that isn't the focus of the genre anyway
But it isn't a metroidvania. You can't just slap a genre label onto something and then complain it doesn't conform to that genre's conventions.

Sounds to me like you're PRAISING the game.

Attached: 1554470104582.jpg (780x768, 279K)

better than dark souls 3 and closer to bloodborne in terms of the combat

DUDE WHAT IF LIKE

RELIGION WAS EVIL LOL

>2D platformer
>Souls gameplay

Attached: EBq0U9zUcAAJ0zE.jpg (1210x1613, 633K)

>You can't just slap a genre label onto something
well sure but even as something other than a metroidvania it's boring as a hack and slash game so far, it's hard to judge obviously

the world definitely seems to be metroidvanian though, it's full of rooms with specific unlocks and shrines so far

"A game demo is a (usually) freely distributed piece of an upcoming or recently released video game. Demos are typically released by the game's publisher to help consumers get a feel of the game before deciding whether to buy the full version and/or keep it."

Slain does the same. Perfect example of souls combat in a 2d game

>implying dark souls gameplay might not as well be 2d when all the relevant inputs are roll + r1 anyway

I guess it could work as an aerial view game? Not as a sidescroller like Blasphemous though.

Have you been in a coma or something?
Salt and Sanctuary came out in 2016.

souls never made you lose your loot, though

I think he just means currency/souls

You lose your loot every time you die? All of it? Man, fuck off.

nah it's currency/exp and some other passive stat you build up that seems to make you more powerful

i am still waiting for a death's gambit update

>waah mommy why isnt every game a button masher
>bayonetta is the bestest game ever!!111 why isnt everyone copying it -, i love spamming buttons and air combos, and stuff!!!1

I thought it was ok. Not bad at all desu
I found that there were some sections that were poorly designed though (a section where you have to go down some ladders and there's a bunch of spikes + fireballs). The visual cues are pretty bad and downwards control are not great (hanging off a ledge/letting go of ladders)

Attached: 5338190+_97d3d4d3f67d24495c244754e8a608c4.jpg (393x378, 163K)

>every game a button masher
nigger the majority of modern action games are soulslike nowadays come the fuck on, besides not being soulslike doesn't make it a button masher just look at dmc and NGB

what?

>€24.99
wew lad deep sale it is

Finished the demo, it's alright, I like the aesthethics and ennemies, not a lot of game with a christian setting like that. Musics are forgettable though