Which stories are worth playing through? Mostly just looking for somewhat interesting choices and somewhat decent story...

Which stories are worth playing through? Mostly just looking for somewhat interesting choices and somewhat decent story. I have a lot of patience for shitty animations and weakly delivered lines, but not unlimited patience.

Attached: worth-returning-2019[1].jpg (1920x1080, 622K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/kashikakes/clip/ObeseBigCodPoooound
youtube.com/watch?v=d9G2Warq2CI
swtor.com/server-status
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

imperial agent

None of the others?

Sith Warrior was my personal favorite, particular dark side. There's just so many fucked up things you can do, like..
1. Use a shock collar on a cute Twi'lek slave, and keep refusing her requests to remove it and keep shocking her
2. kill a Sith Lord, fuck his wife, while dismissing her son (who knows you're about to fuck his mom) but making that same Twi'lek watch
3. Turn a Jedi Padawan to the Dark Side by killing her family, taunting her master to his breaking point and he snaps in anger and turns to the dark side and then you can make the Padawan kill her own master
4. start a romance with now crazy dark side apprentice and give her the Twi'lek's shock collar controls so she can torture the slave too
Eventually you can be "nice" to this poor slave
You remove the shock collar and start doing her quests but...
5. Bang her best friend pretty much in front of her (she actually slightly approves) at a reunion party for her old gang
6. free her sister from being a prostitute... but try out the goods you're buying first if you know what I mean (she still approves)
7. eventually propose marriage to her.. and she breaks out her old shock collar as a kinky sex toy for you to use

Other worthwhile stories are the already mentioned Imperial Agent, also Jedi Knight, and Smuggler. Bounty Hunter is okay, it's got a great waifu, but it's nothing that blows you away narratively.
Trooper is boring but has kind of an interesting section where you divide up all your companions for one mission for a "squad" based objective and have a few meaningful choices.
Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular are just pain bad.

>smuggler and bounty hunter good
>sith inquisitor bad
what the fuck am I reading

LS or gray-ish sith warrior is really fun.
Also jedi knight. That's the closest thing we've got to KotOR 3 after all.

SI is a circlejerk of bad EU tropes rather than good ones. Fuck that story. You basically play star wars pac man eating force ghosts to get more powerful and then get indigestion and start dying and have to have mystical magical healing to fight Darth Gayest Fuccboi in the Galaxy.
Instead of turning a Padawan to the Dark Side in a way that's cool you just show them a fucking Holocron
I don't even care about spoiling that shit it was so bad.

Attached: 1384754015756.gif (250x166, 1.11M)

>/swgg/ is still dead

every part of the bounty hunter quest line
>go kill man
>ok but pay me good!

riveting

post pics of jedi apprentice turned dark

...for research purposes

see I tried LS Sith Warrior and .. eh it just didn't do it for me man. Maybe I'm biased being a big Sith fanboy but dark side, with a mask that changes your voice to a robotic sound force choking bitches all over the galaxy. Satisfying. I mean I get that it's "light side" by being an honorabu samurai, but it just lacked the punch of being a colossal dick to everyone.

Imperial Agent and Sith Warrior are both pretty good. The rest vary from terrible to okay.

I already said that the Bounty Hunter story was nothing special it just had a good waifu (Mako's pretty good you have to admit, Lacey Chabert has a cute voice)

Imperial Agent is way ahead of everything else. Sith Inquisitor is interesting if you go light side.

Finally, I'm glad to find someone who agrees. Dark Side Bounty Hunter was so 'Grrr, bang, grrr, bang, grrr, bang,' that I started a light side Bounty Hunter immediately after. I was happy to have more dialogue.

Sith Warrior and Inquisitor were fun and interesting stories in my opinion. Sith Warrior had a lot of memorable moments, especially during the 2nd and 3rd acts. I know a few lines from memory even today. I liked inquisitor because it involved a lot of crazy Force powers and experimentation with ancient sith artifacts.
People swear up and down about Imperial Agent, and while it had some interesting parts, I found it to be slow and kind of boring.
Jedi Knight is whatever. It's your basic Jedi vs Sith story, nothing special. Consular literally put me to sleep. I haven't played smuggler.
Soldier is alright, I guess. It's better if you play it neutral in my opinion, mix in light side and dark side choices. War is hell, after all.
Bounty Hunter had the best boss fight, in my opinion. I won't spoil it, but it involves hunting a giant monster. There's just something cool about smacking around fancy Jedi and Sith using good old-fashioned guns and explosives.

light side left, dark side right
light side is not romancable no matter what you do, dark side is romancable but will cuck you to get you jealous... and then murder the guy anyway

Attached: jaesa.jpg (913x477, 85K)

FPBP you just are space SS, it fucking rocks

Both are fun on their own way really.
LS SW chapter 1 was probably my favorite part of all stories. Confusing all of the jedi by not being a bloodthirsty dick was 100% fun. And the whole story surrounding Jaesa was kind interesting too. I've heard they've returned her in the latest expansion. Even subbed for a month, but the chore of completing KotFE with my SW was too much for me. 4.0+ swtor is kind of boring trash (which is a shame. playing with alts was lots of fun before)

Mako is fucking annoying as hell, BH get 2 good companions Blizz and Gault

Sith Warrior Light Side
Imperial Agent
Smuggler
Bounty Hunter

>SW light side
get a load of this faggot

twitch.tv/kashikakes/clip/ObeseBigCodPoooound

those two are my niggas, yeah, BH has a few good companions (I still like Mako) but I think we're all in agreement it's a pretty boring story.

I'm super anti SI because I made it first and had these ideas about what I thought it'd be especially when I learned you turn a Jedi Padawan to the Dark Side to be your apprentice. I had these ideations in my head about what I thought that'd be like, and was seriously disappointed by how the game did it instead, and even when you get your "real" apprentice from Korriban later in the game.. he's boring, and you get him so late you don't get any development with him. SI companions were fucking ass except for the flaming homo Imperial Archeologist, he was amusing.
Then I played Sith Warrior and it was pretty much everything I had wanted to get out of the SI story. I kept getting excited thinking "THIS is what I wanted! Not that holocron bullshit!" I hate macguffins like that. SW didn't really have any of that. It was all you doing the work. No mystical magical artifact that does everything for you. Just you, the force, a lightsaber, a few hos, a bro, a forgettable alien, and A FUCKING TRAITOR that you want to kill. Too bad they took the ability to do that out of the game in beta.

>those animations
So where did all the EA money go?

I dunno man, you miss out on all the torturing of Vette that I described going light. It eats a hole in the story not being able to do that shit or it'd be out of character.
When you're dark and after all that torture, finally remove the collar and start being nice to her she thinks it must be a trick or joke and you propose taking on the whole galaxy with her at your side and she's just like "Uh... y-yeah.. just.. me and my buddy Sith Lord... it's pretty amusing.

He was the only healer that Warrior got if I remember correctly, and that was all before they changed companions to fulfill any role. You'd fuck yourself over if you killed him. Well, unless you had a friend who could heal you.

Oh I know... still.. feels kinda wussy that we couldn't kill him They should add that back in now that you can use any companion to heal.
One of the nice things about the newer expansions is being able to kill backstabbing companions or companions who fuck up on a mission.

They have voiced dialogue for every. single. quest. in the vanilla game, and I mean, you have dialogue options too. Some ARE obviously recycled to save a little budget, but they recorded thousands of lines of voiced dialogue with professional voice actors and even TV and movie actors and actresses (that hadn't really been working a lot in front of the camera lately but still)

> Do quest for alien races
> WAMPA LAMPA BEJAMBA UCHI MUCHI

every single time

>Doku wanna wonga?

I think you mean

> Do quest for alien races
> WAMPA LAMPA BEJAMBA UCHI MUCHI
>characters sit there staring at each other awkwardly for 5 seconds so players can read the paragraph of subtitles at the bottom.

every single time

IA

Attached: Job benefits.jpg (879x1078, 118K)

Most classes play better with opposite alignment of the intended one for some reason. Except Imperial Agent which is great no matter how you swing it.

>the BEEEEEEG TWEEST is that the enemy that's been hunting you is a woman not a man
it was okay but it is a little overrrated.

>They have voiced dialogue for every. single. quest. in the vanilla game, and I mean, you have dialogue options too.

Which is both sad and funny because all the way back when it was announced Yea Forums was raging what a useless addition that is to an MMORPG. If you want to have a lot of voice acting do it like GW2 where it's incidental and playing around you to give you cues and bring world to life. TOR is an absolute dead wasteland outside of dialogs in comparison.

Attached: croaker_t.png (220x250, 82K)

You know, this game loves their ass-shots.

Attached: swtor_2017-11-26_20-00-25.jpg (1920x1080, 263K)

I cannot believe how much worse Consular storyline is compared to Inquisitor's. I think both of them were filler stories, but latter at least lets you electrocute people.

Attached: Cin_Tykan.png (434x505, 388K)

I'd disagree, Light Sith is lacking, Dark Jedi doesn't feel right (Grey feels right though, lets you romance Kira)
Didn't bother with Light SI or Dark Consular because those stories were so bad. Go hunt down magical mcguffins, while Sith Warrior Starts a Galactic War (as does Bounty Hunter really) and becomes the Emperor's personal executioner and Jedi Knight Kills the Sith Emperor at least temporarily

Non Force users really played best as close to neutral as possible, just picking individual choices that seemed in character for you and ignoring alignment.

After buying and playing the Revan xpac I would never recommend anything about this game to anyone. None of the stories are worth that dogshit writing, and the game plays horrendously.

> I have a lot of patience for shitty animations and weakly delivered lines, but not unlimited patience.

Remember what you said. TOR's main problem is how shoddily made it is. Otherwise it's a serviceable mediocre MMORPG with aStar Wars skin.

The worst part is that after you do all the planetary quests once and at first it's all really cool to have voiced lines of dialogue and you get into it your first time through.. but after that you just fucking spacebar through everything. The original flashpoints were like that too. The first time you do Black Talon or Foundry with friends you're all like wow this is so cool! But then you just spacebar and everyone picks the route with the fastest bosses to do.

Really it should only be for class story quests, and I suppose it is cool in flashpoints.

>The original flashpoints were like that too. The first time you do Black Talon or Foundry with friends you're all like wow this is so cool! But then you just spacebar and everyone picks the route with the fastest bosses to do.
remember have those first few flashpoints were complete bait and switches with the story, choices, etc while all the ones that followed were just typical dungeons usually relying on tank n spank? they also never showed off those to the press.

well, initial budget for the game splurged on voice acting, so the initial vanilla flashpoints had all that shit. Black Talon/Esseles, Boarding Party/Taral V, The Foundry/Maelstrom Prison, and False Emperor. There might have been a few more, I can't really remember though. But when they started adding new ones, they had less production value. They tried some shit like making shortcuts that used crafting skills to access, but meh. Especially after the game had launched and it was dropping subscribers, anything released after the first few months after launch was noticably lower in quality and had less dialogue.

agent
LA sith warrior
LA sith inquisitor

I only ever play as Empire and IA is definitely the best. SI and SW are pretty evenly matched I'd say, just depends if you want story that's more about becoming more powerful yourself or about building your own powerbase. BH isn't anything special but it has its moments.

>building your own powerbase
you mean eating force ghosts and getting sick along with some of the most boring companions in the game, and facing Darth Faggotos with his queer sounding lispy voice.
It's definitely NOT on equal footing.
Darth Hamboigas may have been fat, but he was kinda cool still, and has a pretty epic backstory prior to the events in the game.
Plus he's fun to fuck with.
youtube.com/watch?v=d9G2Warq2CI

I was forced to stop playing fairly early into the fallen order storyline.

Attached: tor played expected got.png (1920x1912, 1.88M)

not my video btw.. I had some different responses in that line. I also remember at some point getting Baras so mad he force choked me over holoterminal.. but I can't remember how.

MURDER AND MAYHEM AWAIT
god it was bad.

my computer basically died about 2 years ago and I couldn't repair it until a few months ago.

no I meant the Sith Inquisitor storyline, that's the line dark side SI always used.

it's been a while since I played, forgive me.

Attached: Screenshot_2015-03-05_11_38_08_752451.jpg (1920x1080, 633K)

Oh man, I've not played since 2016.

Attached: Screenshot_2015-11-22_17_34_03_648517.jpg (1920x1080, 635K)

Attached: Screenshot_2016-01-03_21_18_48_972421.jpg (1920x1080, 392K)

BRING BACK /swgg/

So it can die in a day again?

Attached: 1559288154201.jpg (2304x3456, 1.66M)

Is it still alive?
How dead are the servers?
Is powertech still a good tank and dps?

Attached: swtor 2016-03-16 20-47-51-066.jpg (1920x1080, 515K)

Attached: 1373658474558.jpg (597x519, 56K)

You have to learn to let go

Attached: MEG.png (1278x720, 1.11M)

we used to have just plain old /torg/

Attached: 1386671448928.jpg (225x300, 30K)

>picked inquisitor
>wants ultimate power
>but picks the edgy nothin personel tps behind you build instead

Attached: 1562606932820.png (1280x1800, 362K)

Attached: Guide.png (1500x1936, 2.15M)

actually, I picked the tank build.

>not learning the secret ways of the sith
>not enjoying a spec in pvp pwnlyness and being a tank with another spec

all stories are good, besides jedi counsular

My nigga

how the fuck do I solo a [VETERAN] star fortress with a sorcerer?

While the SI story isn't the best (it's still good, imo) the SI himself is hilarious. The dialogue he gets is very fun.
>Force lightning someone into doing your bidding, breaking their resistance
>"Okay, okay, I'll do it."
>"Good."
>"...."
>"And one more [lightning shock] just for fun."

The Imperial Agent is the best storyline to play through in SWTOR. The other Republic and Empire characters are quite generic in comparison.

Attached: IA.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

Is there anyone on Satele Shan server that wants to party up and RP as we do?

Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular stories lead writers were women, no wonder they're so bad.

the sith warrior is written by one of the best sith writers star wars ever had, the guy who defined darth bane.

well, while SW was my personal favorite story I can see what they mean by generic, nothing in it was surprising. It was what people WANTED to experience in a Sith Story, There were few surprises, in fact the big "twist" in the story is anticipated by everyone because everyone knows that the Apprentice always seeks to supplant the Master once they feel strong enough and that the Master will try to turn the tables on the Apprentice to prevent that from happening. It's telegraphed as fuck in the SI story too. It wouldn't be a Sith story if your master didn't try to kill you.

and what, exactly, does the agent do that's unique? It's a really, REALLY by the numbers spy storyline.

a little more choice. I wasn't terribly impressed with "the twist" but I do see a little more choice that had some more lasting effect. There were 5 endings to it namely, vs 1 ending with 2 slight differences (light side/dark side) in all the others.
Whether you go light, dark or neutral you're always the Emperor's WROTH
Whether you go light, dark or neutral you're always a member of the Dark Council (just the name changes, Nox, Occlus, or Imperius based on alignment)
But Agent, you can keep Imperial Intelligence disbanded and become a rogue agent. You can reform Imperial Intelligence as it was and stay on as a Cipher, You can defect to the Republic SIS, you can give the Codex to Darth Jadus and his splinter faction of Sith that works to undermine the Empire, and you can give it to the Dark Council and become the new head of Intelligence,

DS IA was fun. You were essentially James Bond but for the Nazis. I executed so many people. Which turned on my anarchist mad bomber waifu like no other.

Don’t you fuck off to the Unknown Regions after defeating Space Illuminati?

too bad Kaliyo was ugly and a slut, your other option was a black chick but you could turn her into a blonde at least.
IA story was decent but the companions were pretty bad.

if you erase yourself from the codex and become a rogue agent yeah. But you can also make other choices. I've gone rogue agent and defected to the Republic SIS, obviously for gameplay reasons they leave you as a "double agent" so you stay Empire as your faction, but narratively speaking you're working for the Republic.

What about SCORPIO?

Dead as fuck, but they consolidated server so there's only so few people can play on.

swtor.com/server-status
>US down to TWO
>EU down to THREE

>mfw there's no comically fat female model like with dudes, but there's BIG body type instead if you want that amazonian character

Attached: das it mane.jpg (500x494, 67K)

best of the bunch but still meh. Most classes really only had 2 standout companions and the rest were kinda shit especially the Aliens. BH had 3 that I liked, SW 2.5 (Pierce was okay but not like amazing or anything), SI had like, 1.5 (Dashade could be okay when he wasn't talking smack to you and you not doing a damn thing about it) IA had Scorpio and while Kaliyo was a good companion, not a great romance.. Lokin was okay I guess. JK had 3 good ones and 2 that were okay I guess. JC had the healer with the holowaifu that I kinda liked, the rest were 100% forgettable, Quyzen but he was lame and didn't really fit the character as a companion.. maybe fore Dark Side JC. Smuggler had the hick and the pirate princess and a failure of a Jedi Padawan, never used the obligatory wookiee
Trooper was kinda cool because it felt like a real unit but the Weequay was kinda sketchy for fitting in.

Body Type 4 Smuggler was gold

Attached: swtor 2016-10-07 11-09-40-20.jpg (1920x1080, 884K)

It's a bad video game and the 'best' storylines are only mediocre at best.

He still acts like he's a real ladykiller

Attached: swtor 2016-10-07 22-10-53-31.jpg (1920x1080, 1.51M)

She had one cute face.

Attached: 2110F5D8-4318-4D98-9B50-4132336C3186.png (256x256, 45K)

Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior and Imperial Agent

None. Many start fun but they all get real bloody old by the second act.

Imperial Chiss Agent is unironically the best stuff Bioware has put out in years.

>played SWTOR on release with friends
>finish Bounty Hunter storyline and forget about the game for two years
>update it on a lark and log in
>literally everything has changed and i can't even recognize my characters skills anymore
>my top-level PVP gear is now literal garbage
F-fuck OFF

Damn... did an MMO really change over the course 2 years?
And even two year old top-level gear is now obsolete?!
WTF

>Great Tier: Sith Warrior
>Good Tier: Imperial Agent
>Decent Tier: Inquisitor, Knight, Smuggler
>Bad Tier: Bounty Hunter, Trooper
>Shit Tier: Consular

Sith Warrior wins hands down. It was a fucking wicked power fantasy. Imperials refer you as "Lord", the Jedi fear you and if somebody annoys you, odds are there will be a dialogue option that lets you force choke them to death. Best voiced character as well, silky smooth and the right amount of arrogance.
Most of the story is being caught up in Sith power-games, cleaning up military operations and hunting down jedi. They execute it really well and throw in a lot of twists and turns to keep it surprisingly fresh.

Attached: SithWarrior-TORHope.jpg (960x720, 272K)

>"go kill man"
>kill man and kill bounty giver
>Mako complains about the lack of professionality
>"you're next if you don't shut up"

It's one of the most hilarious storylines and it's just so funny when my bald and fat character deadpan shoots people who are trying to help. Playing an asshole with plot armor is comical and satisfying.

Attached: 1542500647291.jpg (621x887, 141K)

If inquisistor isn't in your top tier list then you've been playing the fucking game wrong.

Most people will tell you that Agent's is the best. I won't get into specifics, but it's the one that feels the most unique. It's one of the most interconnected stories (relates to the others), it messes with the swtor "formula" the most, and it didn't feel the need to conform to a particular star wars stereotype (the only other one who feels that way is Trooper, but all that story is is basic military shit).

>Use a shock collar on a cute Twi'lek slave, and keep refusing her requests to remove it and keep shocking her
Fun fact: In the beta you can actually mindbreak her

>BH
Pretty much summarizes it in a nutshell. It's the most "What it says on the box" storyline

You don't. Sorcs are only good for healing

can I invite another player to a group and do it? would that be enough?
if so, would that player need to have the same flashpoint on their mission log too?

Attached: 1555285531621.jpg (1100x747, 135K)

Vets you can't solo. You have to do it in a group
A player and their companion with you and your companion is enough but it's supposed to be a 4 man group

so can I invite another player that doesn't have the flashpoint on their mission log?

Bounty hunter can solo some vets from experience, if they still have the selfheal and bubble. But it takes a long time.

No but you can share quests so

BH can solo fucking everything

What? Who was hunting him?

bumperino

Imperial agent by far the best one. Sith inquisitor next. Sith warrior is hilariously egdy in dark side. Worth going through. Bh, trooper are just medicre flat. Stay away from sentinel and never touch special boy barsenthor.