Underrail: War crimes

Reminder to get 95 Mercantile and access to Oculus ASAP.

Attached: Bre.png (955x469, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Character_creation#Game_Difficulty
strawpoll.me/18538002/r
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=W&S_.44_Magnum
underrail
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump my thread, goys.

Attached: 1566707286507.png (200x209, 15K)

>Be level 12
>Not a SINGLE vendor has sold toxic waste

I can't believe this. I genuinely cannot believe this. Where can I find some? I need to make a few brap grenades.

Should I use a polarizer or the efficiency thing for my laser pistol?

Quinton sometimes sells some

Yeah, right. Most Junkyard merchants have a chance to sell one.

do you find a lot of crafting parts out in the world or are you super reliant on merchants for it?

I literally have been doing the rounds (Checking vendors in SGS, Foundry, Core City, Junkyard) and not seen ONE Toxic Sludge. Not a single one at any point, even low level. I just did another round and while I did get a nice ballistic plate, I didn't get any sludge.

Attached: last words.jpg (986x676, 123K)

Is a psi build easy to fuck up? First time playing and not entirely sure what kind of character I should build. Is psi actually fun/

Im carrying 6, got all of them in Junkyard before finishing depot A

not really

theres genereally two routes you can take a psi build, its usually mutually exclusive feats that either increase your damage or crit chance or utility and cost reduction

psi is fun but is also the strongest build in the game, if you dont mess up your character, normal difficulty will become boring

Yes. You find massive amounts of them in the wild, sometimes even in high quality, but you'll still be getting most of your highest quality materials from merchants.

I at the part where I'm in the institute of tchort trying to find the faceless thing.
How much longer is the main story?

This is too complex for you to understand right now.

Institute of Tchort is the last act before the endgame.

Attached: option 5 best option.jpg (1374x508, 149K)

These are the best feats for a Tranquility build. Get Continuum Ripple or Cranial Trauma instead of Pyromaniac and Thermodynamicity if you want those.

Attached: feat.png (431x214, 13K)

>not 2

Play as a hammer wizard

Attached: 20190827234600_1.jpg (1024x768, 180K)

Scoop it out of some fucking bins you retard, there's a shitload in core city

Play a shotgun wizard.

-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Attached: 20190825150224_1.jpg (1024x768, 238K)

>forskarr flotsourmir's in robot

Is pure Throw decent enough to be able to use it as our primary offense or does it need to be combo'd with another of the Offense/PSI skills to be truly effective?

I eventually got it
It was easy
A breeze
No problemo
Ha
Ha Ha

Attached: 20190825152207_1.jpg (1024x768, 215K)

Do you need more than 10 int to talk about the Center?

Nope.

as a guy who just started the hammer wizard life, tanking waves of gunfire, stunning, creating chokepoints with forcefield, and then hitting people with a hammer is fantastic.
But max throwing on level ups, for the love of god, it's so annoying if you don't have a shaded visor or can't hit a net

There's about five or so barrels with toxic waste in Core City, should be more than enough for your war crimes needs unless you want to brap every single enemy encounter to death for some reason.
Nah, as long as you pump Will and Intelligence nothing can go wrong, the feats are also pretty self explanatory so it's hard to go wrong with those either.
Remember to invest into thrown weapons if you want to use thermodynamics a lot since pyrokinesis counts as a thrown weapon and it will be your bread and butter.
No, Grenades are strong but even with Grenadier+Three Pointer you have to deal with prohibitive cooldowns, throwing knives start weak, get decent near Depot A and then become basically useless for damage purposes even with Fatal Thrown, and Pinning is super unreliable as well, then you have stuff like nets which is explicitly support stuff, throwing is backup stuff at best, and mostly for grenades.

Psi support for crowd control and (specifically) for Temporal Increment works best if you're not looking at offensive psi powers. Grenades themselves are AP-cheap, so you can easily weave some spells into a turn

150 fucking shells pumped into these natives so far and have got two oddity drops and a load of useless shit.

>venomous animals are immune to all poisons
>shotguns shoot like trumpets
Why does Styg keep falling for video game memes?

If shotties worked like real shotties we wouldn't use anything else outside of sniper rifles and chemical pistols

I feel you, bre
I feel you

Keep maxing out melee, psychokinesis and mechanics every level
The turning point of a hammer wizard is 50 DT, once you hit that threshold, knifefags cant cripple you, Carnifex does pitiful damage, and you can shrug off bullets and bolts

>spend a long time on arena
>finally kill Carnifex
>don't even remember what quest i was doing before
>do Gauntlet but it's not the same thing
Now i understand how Garry felt.

Coretech or Praetorian for a shotgunner?

Praetorian, Coretech is more for Electronics heavy fags.

Where do I get high quality leather from?
I got some some good ancient rathhound leather from the arena but everything else I've found has been pretty shit.

The quality on leather from shitty weak animals is shit, surprisingly.

Then why won't this boat zoner tell me about it reeeeee

Black sea for the new high qual shit
Infuse your leather with supah steel for everything else

>walking in the caves
>enter new map
>instantly remember it as crawler death trap
No no no no no

GOD DAMN IT
WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME JACKHAMMERS COULD DESTROY ROCKS
LIKE I GET THAT IT'S PRETTY OBVIOUS BUT FUCK

>enter cave map
>purple pools on the ground

Attached: 1563586304136.jpg (326x325, 22K)

How do i convince the SGS to aid the black eels without persuade?

You don't

APEX HARDCORE

-items sold are worth 10% their regular price
-carrying capacity reduced by 50%
-grenade cooldowns are increased by 1 turn
-high efficieny energy converters nerfed to regenerating x% of energy lost to damage, at y% per round
-toxic gas simply deals bio damage each round/if moved through; no damage multiplication
-using psi abilities from 1 school will increase the action point cost of psi abilities from other schools
-forcefield functions as an energy shield against ranged attacks and has a certain amount of hp against melee attacks before failing (dependent on skill)
-all npc's have 30% greater detection & trap detection (bosses have 50% greater)
-bear traps dont function if they deal no damage, stronger enemies have shorter durations, and spotted traps use your traps skill vs their dodge
-some enemies (typically knife-users) will have black dragon throwing knives/crossbow bolts, and such traps can also be found
-trap location and type is somewhat random
-enemy placement is somewhat random
-npc's that spot traps or corpses will turn orange and search the map
-if spotted, all hostile npc's on that map will never turn back to green; yellow minimum
-npc's will not enter dangerous terrain (such as gas, fire, or traps) unless they have a clear path to you
-most hostile npc's, if they can't attack you on their current turn, will instead head for cover or distance
-if you are seen entering stealth in a controlled or partially controlled map, npc's will turn hostile

Attached: al fabet.png (680x1148, 591K)

You literally can't, yet another proof that Styg is a faggot

gay

take your bullshit reddit game changes somewhere else

Except they'll decide to do it themselves after you give them the circuit board and let them decide on their own.
>adding another difficulty is "reddit changes"

Wasn't that removed?

shut up, faggot

>follow me says Azif
>block his path to front door
>he decide to take the door behind Rob instead
>want to see if he's going to jump the fence so follow him
>quicksave at last moment because cant remember if its a death penalty door
>it is
>reload
>stuck in door, cant move, cant open door
>few moments later azif come back and open the door
Thanks bre. I guess he can't jump the fence then.

Attached: stuck in door.jpg (1433x893, 315K)

Seriously fucking retarded.
What the fuck do you get out of lowering carry capacity besides fucking annoy people? Kys yourself, never post again.

Ah, fuck, you might be right. I'm just giving reddit-tier advice here after hearing it from someone else. Should've leveled persuasion.

styg is just a total faggot

Attached: nvmvmnvmn.jpg (354x400, 41K)

What? What the fuck else would it be used for, bre?

less gear for any particular situation
discourages excess looting

>discourages excess looting
And this is good? Why?
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE STOP PLAYING AN RPG LIKE YOU WANT, PLAY IT LIKE I WANT
Pipeworker

>using psi abilities from 1 school will increase the action point cost of psi abilities from other schools
I knew you'd come to your senses eventually.
Still don't think Force Field should be a difficulty change though, should be global.

Attached: Every fucking time.webm (1920x1080, 2.64M)

>put on lifting belt
>drop your stuff at the entrance of the map
Wow hardcore difficulty bre

why did you kill wyatt's dogs?

THOSE STUPID ROCK MONSTERS FROM FOUNDRY
I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST USED TO WAKE THEM UP

it helps to keep you from having too much money too soon
can't truly stop autists though

does anything change if you tell Abram about Wyatt?

Nah.

He has a dialogue like "oh wow that's crazy I gotta check this out asap"
So nothing

Doing the initial beach defense with a spear character fucking sucks. I tried gassing and napalming the beach side but those fucking crossbow and net throws always fuck me over. Am i doing something wrong here?

Jesus Christ, that is literally eddit-tier game mechanic ideas.

yeah, let them come to you through the shit, then spear throw them

my idea was originally psi/ap costs, styg likes ap/cooldown

a lot of those should be global

shut up, faggot

Guys... I've had enough....

Attached: 20190829114112_1.jpg (1920x1080, 574K)

>can't truly stop autists though
Stopping the autists doesn't matter, it's this "all-or-nothing" mentality that frankly has no place in roleplaying games and only comes for literally autistic minmaxers who can't stand other people playing and beating the game in other ways.
Honestly, if you think the game is too fucking easy for you even on the F5/F9 simulator that is Dominating why don't you try beating the game with a suboptimal or unusual build if you want to have a "challenge" instead of forcing your retarded idea of the game being easy because hyperspecialized 18 main stats build make it easy (as in not so many F9 presses as other builds)?
RPGs have this wonderful thing that is allowing you to play as you like, which is the actual main difficulty setting, but somehow it's lost on you while you endlessly bitch about stuff like Force Field but pretend setting traps for hours or brapnades is totally okay and incredibly fun.

Attached: 1564930945433.gif (480x360, 23K)

You don't have to do this user...

i only carry a shock and a energy ti chrome spear with me, should i like make a fuck ton of spears just to throw them like throwing knifes?

>this wonderful thing that is allowing you to play as you like
that's what we're doing

also
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

eh, I'd have several if I were you

don't bring a spear to gunfight, dummy

Fucking this, the shit is it with you fucking beyond gay turboautismos who cannot fucking play a meme build for dificulty and feel the need to add in an actually near unbeatable fucking mode thats only won after atleast 60 hours of misery, bear trap spam, braaap nade spam and beyond optimized cheese number crunching?

Play the fucking game you zoners. Christ.

>crossbow
>gun

if a chemical pistol is a gun then a crossbow can be a gun, too

>eye of the underrail
>ancient alien secrets
>most sophisticated surveillance tech available in all underrail
>only way to find Cornell is to kill rathounds in an arena
So this is the power of Godmen...

>that's what we're doing
Oh yeah, I see how doing dumb shit like nerfing carry capacity and buff NPC detection even more allows people to play like they want, let alone the completely contradictory statement of nerfing Force Field but also tweak the AI to avoid traps, meaning you can preemptively wall yourself in bear traps and burrower/crawler caltrops and the AI will freak out worse than Force Field, you're a pipeworking zoner, probably a Tchortlefuck as well.

Are there any playstyles that promote DoT stacking, like bleeds and poisons? Watching people slowly die is my kink so wish to emulate it here.

Attached: 1549954576075.jpg (1024x576, 62K)

It's too late, i have taken the pill, i can feel the power!

hahaha

I've been thinking about Styg wanting to nerf psi and it's pretty reasonable, as it stands right now,you have absolutely no reason to not take the wizpill when your build doesn't rely on CON. Temporal manipulation and psychokinesis both have incredibly helpful skillsets you can get with 3 will and no psi feats, and the 25% hp tradeoff is negligible.

Either make those skills scale better with psi skills instead of giving them a fixed value (like psychotemporal contraction) or give a greater penalty to taking the wizpill. Maybe lowering strength by -1 in plus of the hp reduction would be good.

>Maybe lowering strength by -1 in plus of the hp reduction would be good.
Yeah it doesnt matter
I dont care about -25% hp when I have 3 Con, and I wouldnt care about 2 Str when I only have 3 already

>you have absolutely no reason to not take the wizpill
You get fucking magic in addition to the rest of the tools you have. I genuinely don't think you can balance this, short of just removing entire abilities entirely.

we play it more than you
and now its easy for us

walling yourself in bear traps would be a dumb idea on this new OPTIONAL difficulty, since the AI is programmed to avoid running into traps

sure you can, and we've had several good ideas for how to do it

>as it stands right now,you have absolutely no reason to not take the wizpill when your build doesn't rely on CON
How about just not taking it if you want a challenge? It's not like Pasquale is shoving that redpill down your fucking throat.
>B...BUT OTHER PEOPLE DO THAT AND I CAN'T STAND IT
Pipeworker.
>since the AI is programmed to avoid running into traps
You're so fucking dumb you somehow miss the point completely or maybe you're just pretending because you've found out how your moronic OPTIONAL difficulty change has glaring flaws.

>walling yourself in bear traps would be a dumb idea on this new OPTIONAL difficulty, since the AI is programmed to avoid running into traps
are you legit retarded? do you not see the problem if the AI absolutely refuse to step on traps?

even if they did refuse to enter traps, how is that a problem? They can wait forever, you can't.

>absolutely refuse
learn to read

> we play it more than you
I have 500 hours. I can also trivialize the game. I still have fun. If you feel the need to crsh your cock and balls every time you take damage irl to have fun, whilst doing extremely boring prep work for a untested dificulty thats near unbeatable for anything non powergay, bre, thats fine, but you already have a fucking untested bulllshit dificulty. Take a step back, play other games or play other damn meme builds instead of making shit nigh impossible and above all, boring to anyone but the 7 idiots who already have 1k+ hours. Its pathetic.
Stygg MADE the wizpill good for everyone. This was intentional. If he wants to nerf everyone taking the redpill, he should nerf the fucking ratios of invested points and calculate effects acordingly instead of static threshhold, very good static results.

Maybe the AIDS could be more modular. Every psi ability learned and feat taken could add some small debuff to it, so it's not that bad at first but the deeper you go the more it piles up.

What if you want to be a wizard AND play a challenging game?

>They can wait forever, you can't
Why, there's a hunger mechanic now? The world actually move by itself and Tchort will eat everything if you dont hurry?

>even if they did refuse to enter traps, how is that a problem?
Oh, I don't know, I don't play melee so I can just sit there and take potshots and throw nades all day while those fools scramble around desperately.

So this is what it's like when super domicucks show themselves. I can see why someone would use that term unironically now.

You go play a fighting game instead of pretending your third grader math puzzle with added F9 on 95% hit rates is a challenging game.

What if all that the new HARDCORE DOMINATING difficulty added was a time-limit?

what? scramble around desperately?

oh shit, that's actually kinda scary
imagine if quests had timers

3 INT zoner.

@475950691 (u)

you're the one who can't read

-npc's will not enter dangerous terrain (such as gas, fire, or traps) unless they have a clear path to you
-most hostile npc's, if they can't attack you on their current turn, will instead head for cover or distance

Where's the scramble around desperately part?

And here I was thinking the difficulty autism died several threads ago. Jesus Christ. At the very least, it's more or less confirmed dominatingfags are a bunch of autists with a sense of superiority about their autistic ability to continually press f9 and cheese the shit out of the game.

W-what you mean I can't clear the whole DLC while the faceless are "invading" the Institute?

How much should i invest in Traps skill with 3 perception so i don't blow myself up on every single one?

>autistic ability to continually press f9 and cheese the shit out of the game.
imagine being this bad at videogames
imagine being a projecting butthurt normie

That is literally all dominating is, even when you finally get your build up and running. I've fucking played through it. You really think continuously throwing down gas grenades and molotovs is such a fucking hard, unique tactic? Are you really that deluded?

lol, get a fucking life man

>you're the one who can't read
So it's not 3INT but -3INT somehow.
>Where's the scramble around desperately part?
Where I'm walled being a door and a field of bear traps and caltrops while taking a peek with my rifle and grenades to mow down some helpless mooks that either stand there waiting to get shot or suicide in the death field like usual.
Fucking amateur game designers like you should be shot, you're so dumb you can't see how contradicting your own "solutions" are and how incredibly tedious the game would be, even more tedious than Dominating pulling plasma turrets and Golyathus in the first hour of the game to somehow make a statement of how "difficult" the game is.

Attached: is this devil serious.png (238x344, 120K)

Did reddit invade this thread because it got shit REAL fast. Bring back the old comfy thread where people talked about the lore and build ideas.

Difficulty fags ruined the entire thing because they couldn't stand the fact someone could play on anything other than dominating. At the very least, classic fags eventually shut the fuck up about their autistic desire to feel vindicated for choosing a cheesy xp system.

Worse, discord fags.

I just joined the discord to shitpost a bit and see what styg said on ocasion, not my fault certaain retards just act like nonstop retards who spout retarded dificulties and shit.

This "difficulty" is a codeword for nerf suggestions talked about on Discord.

can someone explain the mechanical threshold for weapons.
what the difference between a knife, dagger, serrated knife for all i know serrated knife gives bleed.

knife is a knife, dagger is a knife that can crit more often and for more i think, and serrated knives cause bleed damage

Some weapons have it so the damage threshhold is higher when attacking. Thats about it bre, serrateds have it higher compared to knives I think but other than that, usualy not a big issue.

>what the difference between a knife, dagger, serrated knife
Daggers have higher base damage.
Knives have higher crit.
Serrated knives have bleed.

All weapon subcategories largely revolve around the base damage/crit/gimmick on hit model.

why this game is poopoo?

Why are you so buttblasted?

>stand there waiting to get shot or suicide in the death field like usual.
literal illiterate retard

>gotta d-deflect!

What's the best class for beginner? I'm currently trying to roll with psi but since you can't have companions it makes me think that it might be ok to roll as a melee tank and just smash shit

Its fine to roll as whatever, just dedicate yourself to that whatever bre.

Why arent you playing as a crossbow nigger right now /vee/?

Pierce tin cans with mk3 shock bolts
Trap everything
Throw nets on everyone

Annoying to mass produce shocks
Boring to trap everyone
Crossbows lack the flare of every other style
Not really that interesting to play
Cant pierce tanks particularly well
Have to eternaly rely on special bolts or fail
Kinda forced to just be a agile 3 con twink
Really not that impressive damage overall
3 shots maximum
Only excells at close quarters trapped ranges
Relies on somewhat meta knowledge
Really not that fun desu

>Have to eternaly rely on special bolts or fail
snipe, aimed shots, traps

special bolts are the main draw for me, though
I love the selection

Guys, i really need help with the weird puzzle in The Dude's quest. I have 0 fucking clue how to solve this one. It's the console by the door to the room with the mutants in it and you have to choose from a bunch of jumbled words.

Most of your true power still relies on shit like incendiaries and whatnot user, those options are good, but they arent your biggest strength, especialy against tin cans and shit.

>1. Easier with the juice you can get all materials really fast now
>2. Not an argument
>3. Not an argument
>4. Just crit then to death with shock mk3 or use rusting acid bolts
>5. Snipe and Aimed Shot are a must, nornal bolts are decent too
>6. You can play perfectly fine with 6 agi and 5 con
>7. You can deal 1000+ damage with sharpshooter, critical power and a anatomically aware zephyr
>8. 5 actually, special tactics, pneumatic cyclon with a quiver and LTC
>9. You only really need to trap robots and heavy armored enemies
>10. Most of builds do
>11. Not an argument

How do i deal with death stalkers. I'm at level 13 and i still have no idea how to beat a group of 2 or more death stalkers.

Here's a hint.

Attached: underrail 2019-08-08 02-52-39-787.png (1600x1200, 812K)

Read the numbers every line and make basic math.
Listen bre, Im not gonna go ahead and do a dissertation on why you are wrong or Im right or whatever, I gave you my opinion on the whole playstyle and what I played in and as, I honestly just kinda didnt find it much fun as a whole and its overall weakness to bots just meh. This isnt just "not an argument" cause Im not trying to prove it as objective fact crossbows suck, Im saying what I saw and played as. Bad experiences, maybe, but I cant be assed to disertate because I didnt post it as objective fact.
Bear traps. They are dumb Sun spawn who walk right into them. Just put a few down.

So i've been stuck on Tchort for 3 days straight. I blew up the 4 mutagen tanks and barricaded myself in one of the small houses. From there I've been cheesing the spawned enemies. Problem is they seem to be infinite. Are they respawning or something? Some user said that if I blew the tanks they won't respawn anymore, but that doesn't seem to be the case. What about the tentacles? Will they still "resurrect" without the tanks?

guys we need to just post the image in the OP from now on

just put on your best energy shield and dump everything you have on tchort

Unless Im mistaken, yes, tentacles resurect with or without mutie tanks, the enemies shouldnt be able to since you blew em up and its generaly better to just rush the eyeball and do max DEEPS while drugged out of your mind.

What difficulty and what build?

Is there a more in-depth guide somewhere that explains what each difficulty level does?

anyone know how much you have to invest in traps if you dont want them to be detected? assuming you have trap expert.

not much
jack knife, trappers belt, probably 50 skill points

remember that enemies in combat dont seem to detect traps, so manually start combat, aggro, then run behind cover

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Character_creation#Game_Difficulty

traps are gay

forgot the fucking picture

Attached: psi nerfs.png (865x394, 73K)

Here is a quick 101
>Easy
You pick this is your neice or your cat decided to play. You can have more health endgame than the final boss. You do great ass damage, everyone has lowered stats, everything sells for more, less enemies. Baby mode.
>Normal
The "standard" dificulty. Normal enemy placements, normal selling prices, normal everything. 150% health modifier but honestly, a fair and respectable dificulty, all things considered.
>Hard
What many consider to be the true dificulty of the game. Some added enemies, higher skill checks, enemies have modified AI, 100% health, 50% selling modifier, increased stats compared to normal. A respected dificulty amongst people.
>DOMINATING
Bre, lmaoing at your life if you do this. Even more lowered health, increased enemy spawns, including endgame enemies in starter areas, 25% sell modifier, everyone is better at everything, all boss enemies have around 4 times more health and increased stats too, considered the powergay shit. Mostly e-peen, not so much considered a normal thing. Impossible to complete without meta knowledge or on your first playthrough.

Bre. Are you for real? Just walk up to it and bust your load on it, works on any difficulty. I don't think you could even get to it with the build that can't beat it in the first place.
Trap check occurs between turns. If they stop within several squares of your trap, they'll know where it is on next turn.

>literally retarded
>projecting buttblasted redditors
>normal
>actually fun

>Impossible to complete without meta knowledge or on your first playthrough.
I beat it on my first playthrough though.
>inb4 beating it on pure psi is cheating
Doing the same with shotgun now.

The initial beach defense is some hardcore shit, especially if you're a melee and don't have some quad 95% mech resist tungsten armor. It's the hardest part of a dlc everything after that is gonna be a breeze.

its actually harder if you are a melee tank, unless you have escape artist

I still have the link to that poll, by the way: strawpoll.me/18538002/r
Judging by the numbers, normal is the easy difficulty and "easy" is for babies.

>npc's will not enter dangerous terrain (such as gas, fire, or traps) unless they have a clear path to you
Bad idea, makes it really easy to abuse ai and just separate them and kill them 1 by 1. Ai should be definitely running through that shit if they know it won't kill them.

>makes it really easy to abuse ai and just separate them and kill them 1 by 1.
eggsblain

I mean you can just tank through everything by taking close to 0 damage and letting the soldiers do the killing.

People have already explained it to you before you idiot.

>soft cap on how many psi skills you can learn
>scale with Will or something
>if you go over the cap you start becoming a lunatic
>full lunatic can tame cats
t. idea guy

>that inventory
Is this game a copy paste of Neo Scavenger?

Attached: file.png (760x425, 427K)

>one guy is closer to you than rest
>you throw molotov or gas or whatever between them
>now rest is basically being useless while waiting for it to disappear
>you can easily kill one guy closer to you
>repeat

this is retarded, you're retarded, and you're all retarded

>scale with Will or something
So this changes nothing.

well, if the soldiers have drawn aggro, maybe
if you go too far forward they won't do shit

how are you going to separate them if you are on the other side of the traps and they're around a corner or otherwise far away?

So, are there any 'cool' or 'secret' coordinates in Black Sea I should check out? Did most of the stuff there, feels like I'm going to leave black see soonish.
Sadly, I love the art direction.

and you think this is easier?

Considering you can learn all the abilities at 0 cost, this does change things, especially if it's low

Have you desecrated the biggest unga that ever bunga'd yet?

Crossbows are hella gay.

no but the OST was made by the same dude.

Of course, you have to deal with only one guy at the time instead of 10 lunatics running at you through fire and flames not giving a single fuck while blasting your ass.

>waah I got oneshot through my shield again

you're wasting significantly more resources
you're probably not going to be out of range of their guns/psi attacks/grenades
you're risking a flub every time you throw a grenade
you're assuming they're all in hallways or something

Nigga this is just straight up dumb.

The one who drops that snake staff ?
Also couldn't do shit with the black stone there..

>he doesn't know

Bre, what about that spooky unholy graveyard where you can't savescum? Found the thingy?

>you're wasting significantly more resources
so? you have basically unlimited nades in this game
>you're probably not going to be out of range of their guns/psi attacks/grenades
Just go around the corner, there are corners everywhere
>you're risking a flub every time you throw a grenade
True but same can be said about everything non psi
>you're assuming they're all in hallways or something
Even if they're not you can create a hallway yourself by spamming caltrops.

>not having a low-low shield
Anyway, it has nothing to do with their gameplay performance. In every setting where guns are available, using a crossbow (or, god forbid, a bow) makes you a flaming homosexual by definition.

NEOscavenger is garbage and a complete waste of time, Underrail is actually good

Just ignore the discord tranny, he's terminally autistic and you can't reason with him.

Attached: 1564132367388.png (1020x1092, 31K)

Not him, but I bolted right the fuck out of there when I saw how dark my screen got. Are there any quests or anything that send you there? Or should I just man up and explore it when I feel ready?

this shit
and you think im the autist?

Kinda struggling with this game even on Normal. Any early game tips for dealing with Depot A?

Remember the ferryman story user

molotovs, bear traps, caltrops. The holy trinity of underrail even more op on hard/dominating.

>He nods

Attached: HeNods.jpg (106x106, 6K)

Find siphoner leather and turn it into armor

Anti-synergy doesn't make sense in this game yet, because you can't make a pure wizard with only one school work. The schools works together in tandem, alone they have hard counters, and not rare ones. For example any facility with bots would be a Titonus Lab for a thought controller, and not much better for a meta. The schools are not balanced for dealing with many things alone.

Or let's take cooldowns, for example Metathermics.
Cryokinesis, no cooldown
Pyrokinetoc Stream, no cooldown, but burns through all remaining AP
Cryostasis, 8 turns
Cryokinetic Orb, 3 turns
Cryo-Shield, 10 turns
Pyrokinesis, 3 turns
Exothermic Aura, 12 turns

These are all of the tools a pure meta wizard would have, good luck surviving with it. The game just simply doesn't have the foundation for specialized psi mages yet. The current psi system needs to be drastically expanded to make it work, without it you might as well just nerf psi ability scaling and call it a day, because that's the only thing the anti-synergy would achieve in practice.

The first time I threw a Molotov it went in the opposite direction and set my entire Black Eel escort on fire. Then the leader got one shot by a sniper so I just backed out. Now everyone in Junkyard is mad at me.

Attached: adfafaff.png (800x815, 165K)

Don't know what the fuss was about this fucking isle on dominating.

Attached: 20190829091845_1.jpg (1920x1080, 366K)

i find it funny when people that never played psi on dominating post their retarded opinions, psi needs some balancing but nowhere near the retarded shit you mongoloids keep spewing

Oh, that explains it.

Attached: 20190829092137_1.jpg (1920x1080, 310K)

Well, that worked. Kind of anti-climactic, but I'll take it.

And a knife user can deal with robots easily? Crossbow? Why should a psi school be able to do everything?
Just put your head in a sticky rathound and stealth through what you cant kill

About Sjoersr? Or the guy who thought it'd be cool to wear his father's bones as armor? I think I remember.
Guess I'll just go back there to get spooped on, then.

>that motherfucker got lucky and didn't get 3 of them right at the start
You don't know the meaning of terror

lol its sad time to be alive when you see rpg players suggesting nerfs more retarded then youtube comments.

well, anybody with just one psi school is a hybrid with something else

nobody is running *just* thought control

you again?

Attached: arguing with retarded redditors.png (315x202, 6K)

Yes and yes they can. just because you are shit doesn't mean they can't

Electric knife and Expose Weakness? Electroshock bolts? There's a difference between not ideal and literal immunity to absolutely everything you can throw at a very common enemy type.

About big guy who got oneshot by a mysterious shard object

>level 18

go finish the game and then come back and then you can talk

All the people who complain about nerfing stuff in Underrail are complete idiots who are just buttmad some things work just as well or better than other things, in a single player, single character RPG.
Saying anything in this game should be anti-synergistic when you're a single character juggling around dozens of enemies at once is beyond fucking retarded, just like that other discord tranny's "apex" difficulty, it's all autistic people who have zero idea of how the game actually works behind minmaxing a build, just megalomaniac and overly needy amateurs fueled by unadulterated butthurt over other people's builds.

Oh wow, he's level eighteen on dominating.

limited yourself to one specific weapon type is retarded. You got tasers, grenades, abilities on cooldown. Grow up from autism.

First time playing Underrail, any tips and best build for first playthrough?

I haven't played on dominating yet, but I have to ask - how do you even deal with goliaths if they surround you and Broderick at the start? Clearing out the regular beetles pelting us with cryokinesis from outside of gun range was a harrowing experience even on hard for me.

dont need to, been my easiest run so far

absolutely no challenge at all; I could ironman this shit

Attached: xeno.png (463x566, 36K)

whatever lets you sleep at night kid

>how do you even deal with goliaths if they surround you and Broderick at the start?
Don't get surrounded. You can throw some caltrops to force them to walk around the same way rathounds come from and then you just kite them and spam molotovs.

Single school psi user would also have taser, EMPs, nets, etc
Or just fucking stealth holy shit I never bothered killing a single robot on a knife build unless I got spotted then I would just throw EMP and leave

Sjoersr, yeah. I keep seeing that mysterious dialogue option about his shin, so it's hard to forget.

>well, anybody with just one psi school is a hybrid with something else
Right now yes, because that's the only way to make it work. I'm sort of reacting to what Styg said about how he hates that pure psi builds don't specialize, which is stupid, because the game doesn't give an alternative. You either take everything or you go hybrid, these are the only choices you have.

Is this game good?

I have only TC, the usual TM stuff and stealth, does that make me a hybrid?

Pure PSI for a magic playthrough
Assault Rifle for a ranged playthrough
Sledge tank for a melee playthrough
Temporal Manipulation and Psycosis work well with the other non-psi skills if you want to be a hybrid.
Lockpick, Hacking and Stealth are good for a first playthrough to help you memorize loot/enemy placement easier.
Traps are very good in this game and any build can use them.
You don't miss much dropping all the social skills.
Mechanics and Tailoring are the easiest crafting school to utilize so take those if you want to make your own weapons and armor.
Electronics is also good for making your own energy shields later on.

It's derailed.

What happens if i raise my strength artificially to equip armor, and then that strength drops?

Kinda annoying that you cant hear the story again
Have you actually been in graveyard? If yes you probably realized you're missing one info

It's hardcore

It's dominating

And then you get penalized.

It's ok, bre.

yes because you can customize your avatar be a cute anime girl

I didn't get very deep into it before I got spooked, so not really. Damn ghosts.
Gonna go back there now.

can you?

So... what's the deal with Hank Wardell?

Reminder that Tesla armor blocks ghost attacks because they deal "real" electrical damage. Put on galvanic boots and loot everything in peace. Until your armor breaks and you get buttraped because you forgot about durability.

It really doesn't. I tried it and it didn't help at all at the graveyard. And I know for a fact Magnar deals energy damage.

I'm not talking about energy damage, Tesla armor blocks electrical and ghosts deal electrical. Add boots with 15% electrical res and you're immune. Unless the latest patch stealth fixed this.

that's not true at all, maybe on normal but certainly not on higher difficulty
the only thing that makes looting the place easy is, surprise surprise, force field
because that thing only does everything

Yea Forumsros, how does Shadowrun compare to Underrail?

Just realized its on android...

Does anyone know what's the mercantile check to unlock Katya special inventory?

The fuck am I supposed to do with subsphere (acorn)? I've found some mines nearby, cleared out locked area to the north, but there's no option to report anything.

I couldn't play shadowrun for more than 2 hours before dropping. I couldn't stop playing underrail for 20 hours after starting.

Subsphere at LEMCO? Nothing, that thing is busted. You missed something elsewhere.

This, underrail third/first person shooter with deus ex hud would be goty for at least 10 years.

Attached: back2reddit.png (628x245, 148K)

>Some dodgy TCfag casts pseudo-spatial projection
>Precision tanks to 10%

>Cast Proxy
>Cast Punch
>Mind freak is a corpse now
I love this so much

If you psi him, you'll become just like him, bre!

Yeah that's the one. By elsewhere you mean some other location or one of the LEMCO tiles? I've combed through all the previous quest locations, there are two blocked doors at the health center but nothing else to do.

Oh no, I mean elsewhere, LEMCO has very little to offer on its own. Have you been at the Blistering Shores facility?

No, I wont.
Fuck off Batman I dont need your bullshit when I got 12 lunatics about to rape mind me.

I'm only level 8, but at what point do I need to invest into other skills and which skills?
I mostly plan on using chem/energy pistols.

Attached: 4757567567.png (460x647, 20K)

>game tells you exact coordinates to check
>have to go in totally opposite direction
Maybe I've been spoiled by modern games, but this is bullshit.

You can probably stop raising throwing and mechanics at this point, unless you need mechanics for something it's kinda useless to you beyond repair kits

You can add 25 effective trap skills so you can use burrower poision bear traps
around 25 biology to craft bear traps and caltrops with burrower poision
50 biology to craft the same, but with crawler poision

Persuation will save you a trader

Are you a psi?
What difficulty?
Where you're? If you're before Depot A, you might want to get yourself a decent mutant dog leather or siphoner skin

interesting thing: there is no reason to have your Hacking/Lockpicking end on anything other than a multiple of 5, as all hacking/lockpicking checks are also multiples of 5
only exception to that is if you have the jackknife, then you can end your lockpicking on 3 or 8

It is what it is. I think the idea is that you'd check out the Blistering Shores facility either on your own time or after getting the coordinates at JSHQ. What you have to do becomes pretty apparent then.

No psy
normal
Just hit Depot A

How would we fix Persuasion so it's more useful? Right now its uses are very minor due to the lack of meaningful speech checks in the game.

>not doing this for all skills because you have the autisms

You don't, it's fine the way it is right now.

>normal
It's okay to ask if it's your first game ever
Mutant dogs will acid entangle you, and mutants will puke acid at you, it's highly suggested you get a Mutant Armor set

Keep pumping gun skills always
Electronics and chemistry always
Keep pumping throw until you find comfortable with your throwing chances

The rest you fine tune on your own

>Implying saving Buzzer is not important

Is Power Management one of the good crafting feats? Seems helpful for shields if nothing else. And does it affect regenerative vests too?

Remove intimidation and make persuasion count for both.

literally who?

Conflate with Mercantile.

This. Alternatively, make your gear / level / physical stats have an effect on intimidation.

Is there anything notable I can Pickpocket? I like the system it uses because it isn't a savescum fest like pickpocketing in other games, but there doesn't seem to be much worthy to take.

Someone you'd know if you actually bother how to play the game.

Where is the Mac version? I've been waiting literally years.

Attached: 1564533614732.png (832x868, 371K)

Pick pocketing is really valuable at the start of the game, free money and supplies.
It can yield you a few oddity exp, but later in game it kinda falls off.

Everything that use batteries

A lot of keys/keycards and some quest items, but you can locpick/hack instead most of the time

>Where is the Mac version?

Attached: Laughing scientologist.jpg (800x450, 61K)

Other than some oddities, a big supply of adrenaline shots and health hypos and plenty of ammo to sell to make early game easier, not really. It's more of a quality of life skill.

Sorry I'm the guy who skips most of the text. Already beat the game twice and on my 3rd run.

Autism.

I aint have time to read

Does anyone else think Styg will just force psi on new characters no matter what in UnderRail2 and balance accordingly? It's an awful lot of time and utility in those skills in UnderRail1 with a lock-out sitting on a binary yes/no

If you like the world it's pretty nice. but it's nothing compared to underrail.
be prepared for numale twitter portraits, those backer portraits were killing the mood for me

Help me make a tier list of skill usefulness, Yea Forums

S
Temporal Manipulation
Psychokinesis
Mechanics
Guns

A
Melee
Metathermics
Lockpicking
Hacking
Stealth
Tailoring

B
Thought Control
Electronics
Crossbows
Throwing
Traps
Biology
Chemistry

C
Mercantile
Intimidation

D
Persuasion
Pickpocket
Dodge
Evasion

>thought control on fucking B
You put that shit on fucking SSS+ tier right the fuck now bitch ass motherfucker, I will end you, that isnt even the worst crime in this fucking table but good lord is it still a big one.

Looks pretty on-point.
I'd put Evasion in C. At least it lowers your damage taken by AoE attacks by a static amount instead of just being RNG.

You can get some unique oddities that you can only get by either killing or pickpocketing. You can get both scrappers and black eels oddities. I think some unique ones include foundry guards and each core city faction. It also makes the early game economy much easier

How the fuck to save Jenny without killing hordes of the bugs I tried stealth and going through the ducts and all that got me was being surrounded by 6-7 adult burrowers and shitloads of babies.

I'm a level 8 psi only build with quad schooling.

What exactly aggroes the muties in the DLC? I went through all stealthy and nobody ever saw me doing anything as far as I know and I got the chip from the dead guy
was it activating the power thing next to the dead guy?

Evasion is broken it makes guns and explosions completely useless.

>Thought control, throwing and electronics on B
>Fucking traps on B
>Pickpocket on D

Attached: 1558199510059.jpg (1200x949, 87K)

>psi only build
Then you should be fine genociding all the burrowers. You shouldn't even get hit once if you cc them properly.

Thought Control should be higher, the sheer amount of CC it has and course LoC make it at least A tier

I'd put Electronics on A because shields are really fucking good

I wish there were ending sliders for when you just fucking kill everyone. Fallout 2 had them, for example when you killed everyone in New Reno. Something similar for Core City would be cool.

Hacking is almost always useless. Those fucking boxes never have anything worthwhile in them.

Stealth through as far as Jenny's door is in the south east then throw a molotov and/or AoE fire spell in that area. It should cause fear on all the burrowers giving you enough time to rush the door, close it behind you, and end combat.

the real crime is that there's no ending slide for your house blowing up again if you leave a large amount of explosives in it

It's overpowered yeah. It also doesn't make intuitive sense. There's no way a human can evade a grenade's shrapnel.
Styg should just make an universal dodge skill including both melee and ranged attacks.

Laser or electroshock pistols?

how about disabling security cams and bots and siccing turrets on your enemy?

That's why i said almost.

i disable security cams with my bullets
also how many times do you really turn turrets on your side
the only two times I can think of are in GMC and from what i've heard something in the DLC

You can't dodge bullets either and you seem okay with that.
Both. You have two weapon slots for a reason.

>electronics
>B
>mercantile
>C
Uh user...

DLC has plenty of cases where you can hack to turn enemies on eachother, pretty neat actually
also there are a lot of cases where you can turn turrets off without alerting everyone you're there, which defeats the point of turning them off

Yes. You show up wanting to go downstairs and they say no. You say okay and then disappear and a while later the lights turn on, and then you show up again. It's pretty obvious you were fucking around where you weren't allowed.

Laser pistols are better overall since they're single target(meaning execute is a thing), have lower cost all around and energy has a lot more uses than electricity, on the other hand laser pistols have no use for polarizers.
Electric pistols are good by virtue of being a pocket electrokinesis that costs no PSI points and also applies polarization on a bunch of enemies, problem is that it's mostly pointless against anything that isn't unshielded bots, they cost too much AP/energy and unlike Electrokinesis, the bounce of electric pistols friendly fires, they can absolutely decimate bots with the right build though.

And since we're here, Plasma guns are for oneshotting bosses with Execute and flashbangs/mental breakdown.

Still more believable than dodging literal shrapnel. Or the damage from aoe psi spells for that matter. How do you "evade" the damage of a fireball that hit you?

You Duck and Cover

Attached: bert-turtle-duck-cover.jpg (621x414, 54K)

Electroshock AP cost is pretty cheap when you consider it hits multiple enemies per shot. It's especially good as a fight opener where you use aimed shot and get 4 kills. Missing execute doesn't matter since energy pistols do insane damage so you one shot anyone with a crit anyway. It's a waste of time stunning people instead of just shooting them.

what kind of retard thinks going back to SGS to pick up a different set of armor or dropping off and inventory before going back to loot dead bodies and containers only to go back to SGS to drop everything off on shelves is a good idea

Protectorate or Free Drones?

Depends on your build and personal ideologu
Protectorade

Do you see your character as some epic anarchist or a rebel? Then Free Drones. Otherwise, Protectorate.

Neither.

I think the idea is more that you position yourself in a way to minimise damage using your fantastic skills.
I think the dumber thing is the way evasion still works even when the target is unaware of the attacker. If you're in stealth enemies can't dodge your melee, but somehow they can still evade bullets. Makes no sense.

Which is the best crafting skill to take for someone who doesn't give a shit about crafting? I don't want to be juggling 5 different ones.

Why Protectorate?

How are you supposed to assault the Rig in pirate quest line? Even after disabling the turrets your pirate friends will just instantly suicide against larger numbers, especially because you're several screens away from the fight. That part on its own wouldn't be bad, but you enter the next screen all alone and you're instantly swarmed by all Eels at once, made more fun by the enforced initiative malus at the start.

Is there a sneakier option I'm missing? None of the Rig people have any dialogue and opening the southern jetski entrance doesn't seem to do anything either.

Free Drones, obviously.
Fuck tin cans and fuck protectorats.

chemistry is by far the most useful with grenades
unless you don't have any points in throwing

The one that makes weapons of the type you use. Or headbands if you're psi.

>heartbreak poison requires 150 god damn biology to craft
For What Purpose

Chemistry. You need a low initial investment of 10 Mechanics and 10 Tailoring to be able to craft damage and incendiary grenades, 20 Biology for gas nades, but the rest you can pump into Chemistry itself to unlock higher tier nades.

Yeah like, fight the man, MAN. Let's also kill civilians and deprive innocent communities of supplies they need too, man! Fuck Can, stay free!

This is your mind as a free drone.

Styg got a bit too fucking drunk and forgot the fact that its a NPC enemy fucking poison rather than an actual fucking thing. You can already kill people dead with other shit, spider poison is generaly just as good as other shit and nobody is gonna farm shit just to get heartbreaker especialy since you can just kill crossbowmen for the ampule shots and dab on everyone who want to do shit with it.

Its dumb but fuck it, I guess he also wanted to help out the chem pistol crossbow hybrids? Beats the fuck out of me user, bad batch of vodka suka.

Free Drones are anarchist
I personally hate anarchism, in real life and in videogames

Although Protectorade can be assholes too, like CAU, it's the lesser evil compared to Free Drones

Anarchy is and will forever be retarded.

I could have understood it if you could use it in caltrops, but you can't even do that

With Protectorate you only get to shoot up one Free Drones cell and gas a dozen of hobos and a dog in another cell. On the other side you can wipe out SRO, embassy, warehouse, port Zenith, 2 naval outposts, Epione, Fort Apogee, and a couple of squads.
>kill civilians
Which ones?

Terrorists deserve gas rooms.
But seriously, you only get to join the Free Drones if you're REALLY into the whole "fuck tin cans and fuck everyone who works with tin cans" thing. The Protectorate aren't saints, but, for me, whatever they are definitely beats tying people to railway tracks for saying hi to a Protectorate soldier or something.

Free Drones isn't just for anarchists, it's also for people who want to make SGS the supreme power in South Underrail
They're useful idiots and meat shields for driving out the protectorate so your station can take over

>Yeah like, fight the man, MAN. Let's also kill civilians
Never happened.
>deprive innocent communities of supplies they need too
So the same as the protectorate then, but also without the self righteous propaganda and aggressive, and not so sneaky assimilation campaign.

>stealth A
>pickpocket D
What did he mean by this?

It's good for bear traps I guess? Hypertoxicity heartbreaker bear traps are extremely killy.
Yeah, I have no fucking idea.

Dodge/Evasion is always useful unless you're a tin can.

Doesn't it require more than just 95 mercantile? Pretty sure I fucked my chances on it.

See, I think it would still be overkill as fuck if it was an 120 bio chem. You can already craft supersoldier shit at that level, 30 extra just to make some admitedly good caltrops seems a bit stupid.

Talking of stupid, Styg also snorted the wrong batch of coke when he made snek spearstaff. That shit sucks more than the actual oyetspaeter one.

The Protectorate envoy going to rail crossing and the civs they murdered on the train with acid that the doctor in Fort Apogee was on. Just because they are Protectorate doesnt mean they are combatants.

>I guess he also wanted to help out the chem pistol crossbow hybrids
It's not like they need any help.

bear traps only apply one stack of heartbreak poison, when it needs multiple stacks to be anything resembling useful
if you're looking for poison DPS you're better off using cave ears on your bear traps

Imo the best position for SGS is taking over the Junkyard, then joining the Protectorate, but not gassing the drones.

Then you have the SGS as the dominant power in the south, and a Protectorate that needs it more than it needs the Protectorate.

what are the uses for pickpocketing?
I put points into it for my first run and i only ever used it to steal the keys off that dude eddy wants dead and then i thought it was too shit to waste points on and restarted without investing in it

>Just because they are Protectorate doesnt mean they are combatants
Pure moralfaggotry right there. In the lore all Free Drones and their relatives get executed in North Underrail upon discovery.

Most of the weapons in the expansion have very dubious balance, what with every single shotgun being completely useless too.

meanwhile crawler poison bear traps, something that can rightfully be considered op, require a biology skill of 50

>The Protectorate envoy
>Armored
>Guarded by four tin cans
>Civilian
But mass executions of actual civilians without proof is totally fine, eh, protectorat?

Baseless rumors.

All of the beginner guides say take it "that way you'll never run out of ammo/healing items"

Why is stealth A if some armor sets let you get around in most scenarios with 0 stealth points?

He isn't military personnel or trained in any manner of combat.

The Protectorate makes mistakes, yes. Does the Free drones not?

While the Free Drones go around tying people to railroad tracks on suspicion of being friendly with the Protectorate.

You can steal combat drugs, oddities, infinite ammounts of ammo, hypos, adrenaline shots and just money. It stacks up hardcore user, it really does.
Every single BURST shotgun. Pumpies still do good work.
I prefer caltrops myself but fair point. Honestly I like it at 50, its a usefull item that requires dedication to craft and is aptly rewarded by killing any dumbass that isnt a tincan.

Thinking of doing a Throw offense only run for fun. Add in Stealth, Traps and the crafting skills too.

Any crafting thresholds I should meet for interesting throwing items to make?

Two wrongs don't make a right nigger. I never said that was ok either. At least with the Protectorate in the south you can expose that kind of thing and supposedly put an end to it. The bottom line is that Free Drones bring nothing to the table but wanton violence and hatred. They aren't protecting or helping anyone. The Protectorate is. They bring security and order, at the price of losing some autonomy. They have questionable and sometimes reprehensible methods, but they are the better choice. Anarchism is a meme.

>Every single BURST shotgun. Pumpies still do good work.
Tyranny train shot bursts can stun everything on the screen while dealing appreciable damage

The security of a leash and the order of a grave

You're moving goalposts, Protectorate does the same, so your original argument is moot. There's only a choice about independence of South Underrail. I personally dislike being a zogbot working for blue paper.

>You can steal combat drugs, oddities, infinite ammounts of ammo, hypos, adrenaline shots and just money. It stacks up hardcore user, it really does
this sounds like it would be useful on dominating but pretty useless on any other difficulty

can any domichads weigh in?

Best way to get rid of locust hive? At this point there are 34092384238 locusts on my maps.

Mechanics, biology and tailoring

If you plan to use poisions, you might want to keep biology pumped almost all levels
Mechanics from traps, caltrops and throwing knifes, depends on the quality metal you're using, the higher quality metal you're crafting, the higher mechanical skill you need, but yielding the same element, so make sure you pick up low tier metal for crafting traps and throwing stuff

Crawler poision rounds 'bout 50 biology skill

>can any domichads weigh in
I bought some bear traps with starting money scavenged for some oddities to get enough pursuasion for a starting shotgun, cheesed a couple of human gangs and never felt the need to steal because I already looted a real weapon and ammo. Several oddities that wont even add up to any real level advantage are useless.

You're never completely free as long as you live in society.

*domicuck

Get about 10 tiles close, start combat, nuke it. Only 3-5 locusts will spawn on destruction.

Pickpocketing Oddities alone gives you a massive EXP burst by the time you get to Junkyard, then there's even more in Core City without mentioning how you can also pickpocket weapons, hypos, adrenaline and whatever else, Pickpocket is a REALLY good feat to have, saves you and nets you a lot of good money and EXP.
Not to mention, pickpocketing also solves a lot of quests without conflict or spending anything, see the Hercules quest where you can just pickpocket the sample without even speaking or the ICS quest for Coretech, let alone pickpocketing various keys or items, quite a few NPCs hold some neat stuff if you take the time to snoop around.

Better be a robot working for monopoly money then.

Bigger gun. Implode if you're having trouble with bigger gun. Grenades if you're really overrun by locusts.

For 99 percent of the population the benefit of having a strong military is worth some shady shit every once in a while.

Get close without triggering combat
Place Proxy next to hive
wait till full psi
Start combat
Implosion
Tele punch

Or

Stealth in
Plant dynamine

Or

Snipe it from range

>a lot of good money
Unnecessary.
>and EXP
After Junkyard you don't even have a whole level of exp advantage. There are very few oddities obtainable only through pickpocketing and without wiping out a settlement.
Pickpocketing as a flavor/bypass skill like hacking and lockpicking.

gb2/vg

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting THAT after I killed Magnar. Good thing I'm not an idiot.

Dilate

>Is there a sneakier option I'm missing?
A plethora of them. Just don't bring your Eel friends along.

The best and worst part about Swords is that their damage range is so inconsistent and high that you can beat encounters you have no business beating because you get 5/6 big ass crits on two flurries in one turn.

you can also lose encounters you have no business losing because MISS

Attached: 1566649073657.png (500x500, 12K)

You can just kill everyone on the Rig before starting the quest

>Flurry gets interrupted if the mechanical DMG portion of the attack gets resisted even if electricity or energy DMG go through

Attached: efb[1].png (389x255, 9K)

Thoughts on Gorsky?

THERE IS NO REASON TO NERF BUILDS. Maybe a few specific skills can be toned down if their power level ruins the pace of the game, but what is the point of gutting Psy so much?

JUST BUFF THE SHIT BUILDS.

prick

>Unnecessary.
Said nobody ever.
>After Junkyard you don't even have a whole level of exp advantage.
There's 9 EXP in the first two screens of Core City alone, nothing to laugh at, and again, a whole lot of other options, especially if you don't want to be a murderhobo.

Traitor to SGS, corrupt ass motherfucker using SGS resources to push is political agenda outside of SGS itself, and a fucking asshole.

>Said nobody ever.
I did, You're never gonna run out of money unless you want to spend on a shitty jet ski or to clean up your house.

Unless it was Tanners plan all along, Gorsky is a bored musclebrain and traitor, same as his friend Dan. There really should be an option to report the events to Tanner.

hm, i probably shouldn't read this thread when i'm not very far into the game

>You're never gonna run out of money unless
So you are gonna run out of money.

He's both based and kind of a cunt.
He's hardcore enough for me to respect him due his past and how much he can dominate, but I still dont think high of him.
Dan is better than him.

you literally have to be autistic to care about house shit and jet ski. 10k coins is more than enough to buy anything remotely useful in the game. I dont even pick up anything after finishing arena and gauntlet.

He's a gang leader on Tanner's payroll, no better than people like Balor and the likes, he just happens to be on your side, kind of, and he dislikes the Protectorate, which makes him a bit better than the rest of the gangsters in south underrail.

What makes him a traitor?

>you literally have to be autistic to care about house shit and jet ski.
>Anything I don't like is autistic
Said the autist who doesn't accept anything he doesn't like

>Unless it was Tanners plan all along

House shit is legitimately useless though. Except the workbenches and basement access, but they don't cost too much.

He disappears to Corecity to 'investigate the faceless invasion and report his findings back to Tanner.' Instead of doing that, he contacts a burgeoning gang and asks you, the player, to run logistical operations to take-back his old gang's hideout in Corecity. After he establishes a small gang presence, he tells you to fuck off and no longer interacts with you, SGS, Tanner, or anybody except himself. Basically, he takes SGS resources and information and then utilizes it to relive his hey-day youth as a gang leader, offering you and SGS absolutely no support whatsoever. While I've always finished Gorsky's quests, I've found it increasingly more difficult to give a shit about him, the Zone Rats, or anything he does. I find it sad that you're unable to jinx or fuck up his operations other than joining the final fight and simply not participating.

>no you need to waste money on those things or you're playing wrong
>no you're the autist
Right back at you.

He gives me XP so I like him.

How? Easy.
>"AYYY SUUKKAAAA, THERES FUCKING FACELESS IN THE CORE CITY, GORSKY, YOU SLAV SQUATTING FUCK, YOU WANNA CHECK IT OUT AND MAYBE TRY AND NAB ME MY FUCKING DIAMOND?"

>"You bet it boss."

>Arrives there, doesnt try and really do jack shit, gets rightfully told to fuck off by the Oligarchs.
>In response, allies with a unknown gang, needs a shipment of highly guarded and expensive shield emitters, a fully fucking functional tunneler and acomplishes one thing
>Kills a singular fucking gang in a shithole whose front door is filled with mutants
>Forgets the entirety of SGS and just chills there
>Didnt investigate jack dick about Faceless or anything else
>Just drinks his brew, shittalks the Cans and the Oligarchy and fucking does nothing.

How is he not a traitor. He literaly fucked off, said he was going on a field trip to find out what the fuck is going on, then does jack dickly shit but make himself a new gang like the old days. He is fucking useless and barely does dick besides try and fuck Sneaky, but even that I doubt it because he is such a tasteless fucking fag I think he hits on goddamn Jon more than her.

Attached: 1552587193465.png (200x176, 66K)

Except I'm not the one saying Pickpocketing is just a flavour skill and you're playing the game wrong if you invest on it.
Get bent.

I never said that are you ok? I like pickpocketing, but money is genuinely unnecessary after arena.

Is Tac vest better for bullet/projectile protection than Riot Gear without shield?
Can you use Riot Gear shield if you have an AR, shotgun or Sniper?

>AR, shotgun or Sniper?
Does any of that sound like a 1h weapon?

Do you have to sneak to the Faceless Mindreader? Or is it kill 'em all if you didn't invest?

Nope but sometimes asking the obvious can give not obvious answers

>tac vest
2 times dr, you can shove in a anti rifle thing and get like 39 dr, which when doubled, is effectively 78, which you can also add in a kevlar cloth for 250% for prety much just 100 bullet protection dude. Thats some serious anti bulletini shit, in sub 70% armor encumberance.

Also nigga, unless you find a fucking one handed AR, a one handed shotty or a one handed sniper, no, with a shield, you cant. Id maybe get the .44 wasteland hawk or smith and weston.

It's suggest you to not kill the Mind reader
You can actually go around and avoid any combat situation whatsoever, but it will require you to do another quest beforehand

unironically create a firearm pistol/melee hybrid feat so this shit class of guns can live a little

>one handed sniper
So basically a revolver

does the time you take in gauntlet actually matter?

>needs a shipment of highly guarded and expensive shield emitters
This one kills me. SGS' official stance on the Protectorate is "wait and see" while quietly preparing for any direct action on their part. Gorsky just forgets about the bigger picture and sends you to kill a warehouse.
And all to get back at the gang that drove him out of Core City. Nothing more. Dumbass zoner.

Why did you think I said the smith and weston bre, come on.

underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=W&S_.44_Magnum

Just sneak past you murderhobo

so sweep is useless, spear throw is unrelaible and riot armor not so good as full tungsten-chan? am i missing something?

also rate melee builds
unarmed > knife > hammer > spear/sword

Attached: 20190828192212_1.jpg (1024x768, 211K)

Thank god I sneaked rather than attacked, even if the dock protectorate isn't really in the same faction as the main protectorate

Worst of all if I'm not remembering wrong you can't even call him out on it. To me it feels more like an unfinished quest line more than anything.

I disagree with you about spears but you're still my nigga for ranking unarmed at the top.

Man I just pyroed these fucks and cleared out that crap in one fell swoop. Gotta show these cunts who's the biggest beetle in town.

Sweep with electricity is nice against spider, spear throw can literally on shot everything, riot armor is trash thats true.

Since the Wiki has dick, what factions are there in Expedition? I know you can go pirate.

That's what I did, but it's not the point. He explicitly tells you to go bag some tin cans for him. He doesn't even consider the implications.

It's riot gear that's 2x vs bullets. Tactical vest is 3x. Which just makes them even more ridiculous.

Attached: invincible.jpg (465x677, 136K)

I only played Divinity 1 and 2. Should I buy this or Pathfinder?

Attached: Divinity-Original-Sin-2-987211.jpg (590x350, 75K)

>I like pickpocketing, but money is genuinely unnecessary after arena.
Gorsky's quest alone requires you 2000 charons
>inb4 just don't do it bre
Even if you disregard all the quests where you have to pay money unless you invest in other stats like persuasion any infusion costs you 3000 charons, then you might also factor in pimping your house and/or buying yourself a jet ski because not everyone wants to invest in persuasion/hacking and whatever else, not to mention if you're running an electronic based build, which costs a lot and you'll want to upgrade whenever possible, pickpocketing saves you a lot of money and time wasted on looting among other advantages, this is a cold, hard fact.
But alas, I forget these generals do not accept anything that isn't the same old minmaxed tin can/murderhobo, heaven forbid if somebody does something a little bit differently.

It's a threeway between Aegis, the Pirates and the natives. Technically, the Black Eels (yes, Silas' boys) are involved, but they only come up as enemies for the pirate route.

>AEGIS
Northerner army that contracts you to fuck around in the Black Sea. Full of pansies, but has a bunch of coolio dudes in it. Overall Lawfull Good dudes, even if they SHOVE AMMO CRATES DOWN THE SEA, SPEND MEDICINE LIKE A JUNKIE AND DIE LIKE FLIES ON A GAS CHAMBER, JESUS FUCK.
>Pirates
YARR HARR way less fucking interesting but FOR SOME FUCKING REASON, the only source of advanced jetski training. Melee, you essentialy have to join them if you dont wanna f5 f9 eternaly on a jetski. Oh, melee is also cucked on the Exped, just warning you.
>TRIBALS
Nobody defends them because THESE FUCKS ARE EVIL. Actual goddamn evil. Kill em all, kill the kids, kill the wives, elderly and everyone else, these fuckers cannot be bargained with or dealt with in any way but a leadstorm genocide.

>Gorsky's quest alone requires you 2000 charons
>Not having high mechanics

95% armor penalty, great

uh the original question was about dominating
is this true for dominating still?

Not him, but you dont need mobility when you're tanky as fuck

I just wish merchants werent so poor and restrictive so I could sell my shit. You'd think in a society basically living on scraps, they'd be more hyped about somebody bringing back gear.

Fuck me, the psi regen is worthless but the dt is insane.

I'd never want to play a psi build without being able to position myself

>genocide natives
>Get hundreds of rusting acid vials out of it
>Already beat the triple naga fight and the hospital's 10 robots at a time
Please tell me there are more robots.

>the only source of advanced jetski training
I haven't tried melee at all, but I did see that the Hathorians can teach you some jet ski lancing techniques. Does that not help?

>pickpocketing saves you a lot of money and time wasted on looting among other advantages, this is a cold, hard fact.
And you're wrong again. Pickpocketing scraps of people will take you way longer than looting one 10k worth weapon which you can sell almost everywhere. I have 30k charons on me right now and I'm not even done with expansion. I only pick up stuff that's like over 10k worth or weights nothing like psi imprints. Explain how pickpocketing every retard for 10 charons would save me time?

Skill points are more important than money. You can get infinite amounts of money. Skill points have a fixed limit. It's not worth trading skill points for money.
If you want to defend pickpocket you need to focus on the important stuff like oddities or other unique useful items. Generic things are just a bonus but not worthwhile on their own.

Expedition or pirates. You can't join the ungabungas. In terms of plot and gameplay, expedition has a more focused main quest direction that suggests which facilities to explore next, a bigger cast of likable characters and a comfier home base but you have to do some tower defense invasions unless you commit genocide. Pirates net you a questline that has absolutely nothing to do with the expedition area (you fight Protectorate and Black Eels), and aside from that they just kind of want you to explore all the ruins on your own without any kind of handholding, but you get a pirate trainer who teaches you two naval combat perks that you can't get anywhere else.

I'd honestly suggest staying loyal to the expedition on your first run for better quest progression and especially if you want extra lore bits.

You will not like Hammer Wizard build then

why bother with kevlar at this point, why not go for blast cloth?

Yeah, I wouldn't want to actually wear it. I just put it together as an example of stupid high DT. Though it could actually be better since that's only a 123 quality carapace, not a >160 quality ceramic plate.
Also I guess 3 spec ballistics would help too, if we're just doing stupid theoretical items.

It increases damage, not accuracy.

>10k weapon
>merchants are broke 24/7 and will only pay scraps anyways

even heavier and lol explosions

>Pickpocketing scraps of people will take you way longer than looting one 10k worth weapon which you can sell almost everywhere.
And wait hours for shops to refresh their stuff so you can make a gain out of most of the broken junk you get to sell at a decent prize, unless you're talking about Normal difficulty.
>Explain how pickpocketing every retard for 10 charons
Except you don't pickpocket people for their pocket change, you fucking retard, you pickpocket to get consumables, key items that would cost you money AND other stuff like components or weapons sometimes, which you can also sell.
>If you want to defend pickpocket you need to focus on the important stuff like oddities or other unique useful items.
I already did.

do you know how barter works?
schematics are basically currency

>Sweep with electricity is nice against spider
t3-t4 frag with critical is waaay better

>spear throw can literally on shot everything
with 100+ throwing still have 70-80% accuracy

no theyre not if nobody wants them

>even heavier
95% armor penalty is the max and 75% reduction in explosion strength is pretty useful

Being heavier doesn't matter, we're already at the penalty cap.

???
most merchants buy them

So, who cares? I can sell them one weapon stash 10 others next to them and never bother looting anything again. Also I can buy some other shit from them for that weapon basically using it as a money.
Why are yo so livid about pickpocketing? It's a very mediocre skill and you'll get hundreds of consumables from random bandits and lunatics you kill. It's just a niche things that helps in early game, but is completely useless later.

>I haven't tried melee at all, but I did see that the Hathorians can teach you some jet ski lancing techniques. Does that not help?

There's several general use naval combat perks that help all weapons
- Naval Combat: Better accuracy while on jetski for all weapons (Ladelman in expedition, you can get this before the decision to join pirates or staying loyal)
- Improved Naval Combat: Even better accuracy for all weapons (Razor, requires joining pirates and 7 AGI)
- Sea Dog: Increased DMG and accuracy with all weapons (Veteran perk, requires 10 AGI and Improved Naval Combat)

and specialized ones
- Jet and Jab: Better hit chance with knife, fist and unarmed attacks while on jetski (Razor again)
- Naval Jousting: Increased spear DMG while on jetski (Camp Hathor trainer)

So in all there's three naval perks that are exclusive to being a pirate.

>schematics are basically currency
Blueprints are worth less than nothing.

Oh, got it. To be fair, I have a hard time picturing some zoner on a jet ski trying to stab a sea serpent with a knife. Kinda makes sense it'd be suffering unless you find someone to teach you.

The fucking expedition ended and then they left, taking my stockpile of crafting material and sellables that I had left in my footlocker with them.
Guess I'm doing abyssal station again. Really wish a clear warning was given. I also wish I wasn't so retarded but the devs can't do anything about that really.

that feeling, when you finally get your decent pair of hauling boots

Attached: pigboots.jpg (301x722, 85K)

actually they give you a clear warning to empty your locker before you leave

>Really wish a clear warning was given.
I think Tony or Briggs or some other NPC actually mentions that if you go say your goodbyes before leaving.

Not this guy but I got pickpocket to 60 (75).
Should I keep leveling it or would I take advantatge of picking some side thing like Mercantile or leveling a bit of evasion (playing a DEX sword + granadier + traps build with tabi)

>blowing super steel on a bit of carrying capacity
At that point, wouldn't you already have enough cash to not worry about every little piece of loot?

This guy is willing to sacrifice his life to defend pickpocketing so it must be good. I suggest pumping it like a new crypto coin.

I'm not livid about pickpocketing, I'm pissied about how fucking stupid and narrowminded you people are when it comes to RPGs, denying pickpocketing offers a certain sets of advantages like this is another problem of a bunch of obsessive compulsive minmaxing murderhobos who also reason exclusively with metaknowledge and pretend skills like Hacking are also useless.
>It's just a niche things that helps in early game, but is completely useless later.
Good thing that most of the game is not "later".
Or now you're also pretending that the game has any significant difficulty curve past level 18-20?
Some things are good depending on when you get them, which is the reason why you get something like Kneecap shot early on instead of level 20 and why certain other feats become stronger later on in the game while others make the early game much more relaxed, this isn't fucking rocket science, otherwise we'd be all playing maxed Psi builds and abuse Locus of Control, but that also makes you people mad as fuck for some reason.

do you guys think a build like this could work out ok?

underrail info tm/build/?HgUHBgQKBwfCoB4AAAAAeExHAE1kbC0sZMKgACNGAABUASsmJzUCfjNLwoXCh0AWMD9kXTnfvw

I just want to snipe tf out of everything while spamming psi for cc and restealth, but im an idiot zoner and dont really know what im doing.

75 effective pickpocketing is more than good enough.

I have 3 strength, it's damn useful when collecting ingredients
also you can loot crappy supersteel plates of Naga's in the expedition, perfect for things like that

>npc's will not enter dangerous terrain (such as gas, fire, or traps) unless they have a clear path to you

Did you only read the first half of the sentence?

well, psi steamrolls the whole game, so if we brought the other builds up, the game would have no challenge at all

I say psi should be challenging like anything else.

>crab

if you want it for psi then why would you even do that, the dr + the misserable regen will never beat 10% cost reduction

So any idea how did it?

>bunch of obsessive compulsive minmaxing murderhobos who also reason exclusively with metaknowledge
Sounds like a text book projection to me. Especially since I already told you i put some points in pickpocketing. I don't even bother with rest of the post because it's just some insane rambling of a lunatic that has nothing to do with anything.

>I have 3 strength
You have my condolences, cripple-kun. Hope you've at least got a nice stockpile of pentapus bbq back at home.

Well I am retarded. Do you expect me to actually read and comprehend written text?

tesla armor and galvanic boots/helmet

Glad you finally admit pickpocketing is good, even if in such an oblique way.

You resist his attacks if you hit 100% electricity resistance?

so it seems

>can you resist [attack_type] if you have 100% [damage_type_resistance]?
Cmon user. Cmon.

if you want to be sniping things, then stealth is too low, you get critical damage with the right feats and those are pretty much necessary for a sniper build

The spirit's attack completely ignores resistance, or it seems it does unless it's exactly 100%. That's unusual.

Neural Overload, doppelgangers and spirits shouldn't do electricity damage. While they've always been classified as "electricity" in combat log they're supposed to deal irresistible mental damage that goes through all regular defenses and only gets reduced by resolve. Kind of like poisons are classified as Bio damage while actually bypassing all bio resistance you have from gear.

>need 1 more tailoring to make my next armor
>can't find under pie
where's the fucking pie aaaaaaaa

>eating under pie
you're aware it's made of long pig right?

The game has shitcode that you wouldnt expect user. It happens.
user, I am willing to commit mass genocide for 2 oddity xp, you think eating people will ever stop a murderhobo.

arlene usually has them
mutie chef always does

Thanks

Play as a hammer wizard

is the jackrabbit worth crafting?

I got to Carnifex fight.
How the fuck is this fight fair. Unless you got more initiative you're fucked without escape. Asshole also resists everything. Is there a non-psi way to reduce Resolve?

git gud

BEAR TRAPS
FLASHBANGS
CRAWLER CALTROPS
POISON THROWING KNIVES
RIOT GEAR
GIT GUD

I'm playing as a hammer wizard, without hammer

GOD DAMN FUCKER JUST THROWS A NET AT ME AND CRIPPLES BEFORE I CAN EVEN MOVE.
AAAAAAAH FUCK THIS GUY I'M GONNA BEAT HIM.

Attached: GANMAD.jpg (546x706, 308K)

You can also net em dude. Just flashbang em first too, yknow?

It's really hard to hold it lads
Why does he do this

Attached: what a fucking faggot.jpg (1437x897, 313K)

He ressisst my flashbangs most of the time and some of the tasers, and my net have a 25% chance to work.
Does better quality items on taser parts icnrease the chance of stun?

Fuck off with your meme build already.

Remind him who single handedly genocided the natives and the pirates and the spiders and the locust and the ghosts and then just show him how easily you could break him in half.

fuck off with your shitty reddit attitude

Ah... dominating.

Attached: 20190829135533_1.jpg (1920x1080, 264K)

Shittalk that northerer faggot relentlessly. Refuse to take him seriously. Its what any good fucking Southerner does.
No, tasers do not get better stun chances with better parts. Just keep at it lad.

I dont wanna get fired before I get some big brain pills from the doc tho

Run out of normal difficulty players to autistically screech about?

W-What's this?

This screen turns babies into men.

How can anyone honestly respect people who play on dominating when it's nothing but full cheese like this? Fuck, is the satisfaction of mashing f9 countless times really that worth it?

I don't die very often on dominating.

he cannot fire his best fucking soldier. Shittalk him,not just because you can, but because you must.

>How the fuck is this fight fair.
It isn't unless you win the initiative roll, after that it's just rotating your stuns while you wail on him, drink Soda for less F9.

>The game has shitcode that you wouldnt expect user. It happens.
I'll take your word, but I doubt Styg intended this to be a legit way to become immune to doppelgangers. This sounds like a bug.

>he cannot fire his best fucking soldier
Or so you think.

pretty sure his best fucking soldier is Yahota

>is
Was.

Heretic!

Its not a meme if it carries me through dominating difficulty

Stop being such a little bitch for once