Well Yea Forums, what did you think? Personally I'm stoked for King of Cards and Dig

Well Yea Forums, what did you think? Personally I'm stoked for King of Cards and Dig.

Attached: YCG_Presents.jpg (960x540, 63K)

Trans Knights

>dig goes into 16 bit and it looks decent
>codeveloped by fucking nitrome
this spinoff has so much right going for it

Gotta be honest, I was not expecting a brand new Shovel Knight game for 2 or 3 years, minimum, so the announcement of Dig came as a genuine surprise.

This was all supposed to come out early last year.

>being excited for a Flash game.
Has Nitrome ever made anything where the gameplay lasts more than two minutes?

Shit happens user, what matters is that it's coming out in 4 months and it looks great

I heard Bomb Chicken was good but I haven't played it yet

>three threads since the direct
>all of them have been people REEEEing about the genderswap shit
I can't believe what a fucking joke this board has become. Literally the same day I saw multiple threads celebrating reviewbombing Ion Fury until the devs "stood up" against censorship, and now we have the same dipshits bitching about how Yacht Club BENT THE KNEE TO THE TRANNIES, OOOOH THEY KOWTOWED TOO THE TRANNIES! Even though this shit was announced literally years ago on the kickstarter donation page.

Its so goddamn obvious that you stupid niggers either came here from cripple chan or /pol/. Wherever you crawled out from, its obvious you aren't here for video games.

Fuck all of you. I expected threads to be filled with Mona.

Attached: 1567022988094.png (601x850, 803K)

Based. Even though I think the they/them stuff is silly, it's not enough to detract from my excitement from what's essentially three new games.

At least Drill Knight and Spore Knight look pretty cool. I have to say I'm surprised they stuck with the whole knight stuff, as I thought YC said they wanted to do other stuff than Shovel Knight for the next decade. Maybe they have other projects in the work as well, but at the very least I'm happy it seems that they're still passionate about the series.

The showdown stuff looks WAY better than I thought it would, too.

Attached: 1567049607708.png (667x840, 814K)

That's why Dig came as such a shock, but I imagine this is just a smaller side project before they branch into their next big game which I imagine will be a brand new IP. Either way, I'm stoked. I haven't played a good Rougelike in ages.

Did they say how many characters are going to be in Showdown, by the way? We've got:

>Shovel Knight
>Black Knight
>Shield Knight
>The Order of No Quarter
>The Boz (so probably all of the wandering knights)
>Mona
>The Enchantress
>Gold Armor

That's quite a lot.

Attached: 1483403090757.png (800x800, 364K)

Reize was confirmed a while back and Mr. Hat was spotted in the trailer today. Liquid Samurai might also be playable.

Makes sense, he was a kickstarter designed character as well.

I wonder if Reize's deviantart autist will get upset at the character's portrayal, like how he was assblasted when SoT first came out.

It's not the true 16 bit sequel. It's more like 32 bit and uses a modern soi-esque artstyle. Expect "Super Shovel Knight" to be more faithful to SNES graphics

>soi-esque artstyle
Did you really just type that out

It's true though. It's inexplicable.

Could you explain what you mean? I dont speak in faggy buzzwords so I'm not really following you.

The original Shovel Knight was a pretty bland ripoff of other games, and personally I never found the artwork/setting particularly appealing.

But this one looks better. Dig-Dug esque movement is pretty rare in platformers (think Mole Yoshi in Yoshi's Island) and fits the idea of a knight using a shovel better than just being scrooge mcduck.

I literally don't know the term for this style other than that it's always used on quirky hipstery indie games

>I'm a mentally deficient retard too stupid to articulate my world view
Thank you for sharing. You might as well have said "It has a very reddit-esque style" you moron.

KoC will be fine though I don't like that dumb minigame thing
Still don't know what to think of Showdown, I think Mona is kind of a weird addition but I guess they need girls
Dig looks pretty but the gameplay looks shallow, I was hoping for Super Shovel Knight

I didn't say that I said soi-esque and that's as best as I can articulate it because there's no real term for it

>I didnt describe it with a dumb buzzword, I described it with a dumb buzzword
There is no real term for it because you are a mentally ill retard. I guarantee you have wojacks saved on your computer, you braindead simpleton.

You didn't articulate it at all because nobody knows what you mean

The card thing? I'd be willing to bet its a completely separate minigame thing that isn't necessary to complete at all. Its a neat inclusion but I think it would irritate people if it was mandatory.

I'd say give Dig some time. This is just the first teaser trailer and it's only a minute long, there's probably plenty more stuff they have. I spotted a new... I guess Relic, a slime with SK horns that SK drops which I guess acts as like, a little attack buddy or something. I'm excited to see what other new relics there are.

I have 0 wojacks saved and I don't know why you're freaking out so much when I guarantee you at least somewhat understand what I'm saying. That style of graphics is used on many ""le quirky"" games and soi-esque is a fine way of describing it

I'm mocking the retard I'm talking to. Nobody has any fucking clue what the hell you mean by "soi-esque" because you seem too stupid to explain it. Your brain has been rotted by buzzwords.

Name 5 games that share this artstyle, user.

It IS mandatory to beat quite a few levels. In fact the final boss is a game of Joustus

>final boss is a side minigame
I somehow doubt this.

Man I haven't thought about Nitrome in years

source

Okay here's the best way I can describe the pixel art style

Overly bouncy
Overly rounded
Really shiny

Here's the best way I can describe you: retarded

Not an argument.

You forgot to write cope, seething, dilate, and all the other buzzwords you use, you fucking drone.

You're the only one typing buzzwords anymore

What a soi-esque post.

Haters gonna hate