What's the most difficult RPG boss?

What's the most difficult RPG boss?

Attached: Star Ma-fuckyou.png (480x320, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/5rovgx.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

definitely not anything from golden sun
pic related is pretty much objectively the toughest, but only because he's pretty unfair

Attached: tips fedora.png (960x540, 386K)

Eh, it depends on what you consider 'tough', pic related has a fuckhuge grind to reach, has a 30 minute long fight and even said fight requires huge boosting because he can 1 shot people who have max stats if you aren't smart, but is hard for totally different reasons.

Attached: dd2baal.png (1281x680, 1.53M)

Whitney

Star Ocean 2's Indalecio with limiter off.

I fucking hate the Persona 3 superboss
>if you happen to have a Persona with certain characteristics on you I will just oneshot you and not give you an indication to what has caused this
I don't mind hard bosses that you can figure out by yourself but shit like that is just time consuming bullshit

Difficult in what way?
Hard?
Long?
Fucking bullshit that can control your player and heal himself endlessly?

I dont know. The most painful was Abyssion in ToS

Dullahan was the one in that game. Maybe Saturos in the first game if underlevel, or Karst and Agatio since you start with a party of 2

/thread

Elizabeth is both hard and bullshit, but still nothing compared to the demifiend.

Emerald and Ruby weapons. Never beat those fuckers.

The hardest JRPG boss I ever fought was the "maniac" version of a girl from Tales of Destiny (the MC's girlfriend or whatever, she wears an apro ) in the Colosseum of Tales of Phantasia, on PSX.

>angel armbands
>bunny shoes
>spam starlight non-stop
Lel

>What's the most difficult RPG boss?
>Golden fucking Sun
(lol
Demifiend is definitely more of a contender, don't know if I'd say he's the most difficult outright but there's a good argument for him.

>Turn based games
>Difficulty

Attached: 1519627979844.jpg (640x480, 44K)

GUARDIAN FROST
GUARDIAN FROST
GUARDIAN FROST
FLY O HOLY SWORD

Attached: Alexei_Dinoia_(ToCE).png (500x563, 292K)

You would be amazed how many people get stuck on FFVI of all things.

>he hasn't played etrian odyssey
lmao

>Anime poster
>Retard
yes

I always thought that beating Yiazmat in the original version of FFXII was the hardest time I ever got in a FF or any RPG in general(took me 2 tries and 4 hours for the last one), how wrong I am?

Yiazmat is more tedious than difficult

Came to post this. What an absolute cock design for a fight.

The only valid answer. Literally no one defeated this thing before the nerf.

Attached: Absolute Virtue (FFXI).png (687x437, 120K)

Sup, shit lords

Attached: gravitybomb.gif (640x450, 1.03M)

what game?

fuck this cunt

Attached: 43-204.png (400x240, 145K)

this fucking asshole every time i attack he just kills me

Attached: ymir.png (240x240, 2K)

Lunar 2 Sega CD version

Attached: battack.gif (640x450, 755K)

Basically this guy and the entirety of Rhone in DQ2. Hargon/Malroth were actually comparatively easy, honestly. Especially after Belial though. Fuck that full heal.

Attached: Belial.png (286x237, 154K)

Probably something from a Wizardry game since those games are really fucked up.

Ozma.

Not counting superbosses, Mem Aleph in Strange Journey

He can be pretty tricky when his health gets low and he starts busting out rapid fire instant kills, but you have to do like 45 million damage before it even gets to that point. Asides from that, the only thing you need to watch out for is that his basic melee attacks also have a low chance to instant kill. He's pretty easy to completely dismantle aside from that. I mostly just consider him a litmus test for how you've built your team. Yiazmat isn't really meant to challange you (Omega, Zodiark, and Trial mode/the judges do that), he's just there for you to test your dps against

Fuck. Sega CD version Borgan was no joke. He was piss easy in the PS1 version.

A friend killed Emerald Weapon on the first round with the Cait Sith instakill slot machine limit break. "Cool," he said, and went on his way with the rest of the game. He had no idea it was supposed to be this mega-hard ultra-endgame boss until much later when he heard others talking about it.

Attached: spiral_draco.png (1105x601, 732K)

those games arent very hard, you just need to take it slow and pay attention

>fucking golden sun
lol

Attached: ddsfiend.jpg (640x480, 93K)

Elizabeth isn't hard, just extremely fucking tedious. It's basically a checklist of chores that goes on for way too fucking long. Margaret was a better fight.

the challenge in that game starts with the kamikazee fuck nut monkeys, and goes all the way until the credits. fuck the last 45 mins of DQ2

Was determined to beat this guy without grinding for the group heal that would make it trivial.
Total RNG bollocks.

DQ would probably be better without group heals, they turn the games their head once you get them.

Attached: 76716-173.jpg (750x422, 41K)

is that aractagon 1 or 2? 1 was easy for me, but the post game version whooped me a few times

Dullahan was harder.

What an absolute difficulty curve he was. Hardest boss in the game honestly.

>JRPGs
>difficult
You dumb weebs can't tell the difference between tedious and difficult.

Yeah, Ur-Devil was a complete shitshow. The remake made him slightly easier, but also removed some unit exploits, and the new classes don't even the odds. This fucker remains undefeated for me even today...

>16 hours into the fight
>Absolute Virtue uses Benediction

Attached: AV.jpg (860x856, 499K)

I played the game on GBC and it was still tough as nails, getting through that cave to the Rhone temple was a hell of a trip. Can't imagine doing it on the NES.

>Dragon Quest 2
I have vivid flashbacks to getting extremely upset. Literally the second RPG I ever played and it was not a kind one.

Attached: 1539745131508.jpg (1200x855, 447K)

EO isn't hard per se. It just needs a player that's actually paying attention to enemy patterns and understanding class synergy, which automatically filters 99% of current retards. 3's superboss is crazy bullshit hard, iirc.

>pictures taken moments before disaster

Any boss, depending on your level and setup.

Like to me most SMT/EO bosses were basically nothing yet some random dragon fight in Bravely Default took me 5 hours of repeated attempts to take down.

The hardest boss I ever fought in my life was the Antlion in FF9 on my brother's save where he had saved himself into a corner and completely fucked up his characters by running form every battle. The only character that didn't die from literaly anything was Freya so I had to time 80 consecutive jumps to beat it.

Aside from Dullahan, Valukar was always the hardest for me. Dunno how, I always get buttfucked by RNG and he keeps spamming Djinn Storm and Summoning.

How are any of the bosses hard if you can just grind? Doesn't that mean everyone here is fighting them at different levels?

Etrian Odyssey superbosses are designed to be rape at level cap with ultimate equipment and optimised skill trees.

the invisible item on a tile of grass that you just need to know to search is the real bullshit

Most of these superbosses were designed with the level cap already in mind. Most of these actually push the player into rearranging equipment/skills/classes and thinking up a nice strategy.

Huh he never said it was difficult though, he just asked which one was the hardest. Looks like you have trouble with basic 2nd grade concepts user.

>How is this game hard if you just turn on easy mode
Grinding in an RPG is turning on easy mode in any other genre. People who are bad at RPGs turn on easy mode and then go on Yea Forums and complain about how easy they are.

Think again and reconsider your intentions.

Yeah. It's so much more rewarding to go through x47 phoenix downs on every boss encounter.

>Most difficult
Meaning more difficult than the others. Not necessarily hard in and of itself, why is this a struggle for you to understand? Is it because you're dumb?

He said difficult
RNG is not difficulty you smtcuck

>Star Magician
>Hard
Just keep killing the blue and green balls until he has nothing but purple and red, then focus him down

Are you really that bad at games user? See having to use a million items just to make it through is like how in DMC worse players can't combo or get through stages without items. You're supposed to make a strategy so you don't have to do that and can save them for later.

What kind of strategy involves keeping the boss from making any move? If your guys die in one hit then your guys are going to die a lot.

>If your guys die in one hit then your guys are going to die a lot.
This doesn't happen if you're properly leveled which you will be if you explore the area at a normal pace.

wtf is this boss? is this from the definitive edition?

>moving the goalpost
Reevaluate your intelligence. Consider consulting a neurologist as well. I am serious.

>Moving the goalpost
Not what that means silly pseud.

>If your guys die in one hit
Go buy an armor.

Star Magician is kino, he's hard but not bullshit, you can overwhelm him with grinding but only if you're a pussy, and you can beat him at low levels if you're good
In Dark Dawn as soon as you get the ship you can immediately go up and fight him. I did on my second playthrough and my whole party gained like 3 levels each. Good shit.
Dullahan on the other hand is some bullshit. I kinda hate that all the hardest GS bosses rely on shit like Djinn Storm which basically just instantly and unavoidably disables the core concept of the entire battle system.

I can name several games where this isn't the case. Are you so poorly versed that I have to?

Sure go ahead.

>JRPGs
>difficult
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA, just fucking hit enemies for 20 hours with your 'ok' button of choice, shit genre

>I COULD prove you wrong in an easy and straightforward way that would take little effort on my part
>but I won't, haha, what are you gonna do about that, I'm gonna win this argument by intentionally withholding my only good arguments
I hate Yea Forums so fucking much

Attached: 1536162592788.gif (313x231, 2.36M)

>I COULD prove you wrong in an easy and straightforward way that would take little effort on my part
He can't though since he doesn't actually have any examples.

I'm just confirming if you're worth my time.

You ain't. Go play more RPGs.

No examples is an automatic concession. That's how it will remain until you give one.

Actually you said "several" so let's say four or five. Four or five examples and you concede otherwise.

>which is hardest
>haha no I meanhardest within my arbitrary rule set
>actually no difficult and hard aren't the same thing because I REALLY like anime haha
you fucking retard

Not even all JRPGs allow you to actually grind, like BoF Dragon Quarter has enemy permadeth and no random encounters, so you can't unless you abuse the sol system, which is way more trouble than it's worth

And there's other JRPGs which don't actually improve your stats if you grind, like FFV and Mega Man BN. They just give you new abilities and trust you to be smart enough to know what to do with them

More difficult and difficult are not the same thing, no. You say RPGs are easy and yet you struggle with a concept for six year olds

Rather than hard, you really don't want to do anything but cheese him down with Raven and/or Patty.

>I'm just confirming if you're worth my time.
Bullshit, because you're still here. You're still replying. You're going to reply to this post too.
You have ALREADY taken more time shitposting than it would take to just type out the name of a few video games, and you're going to continue to spend additional time here.
Your argument boils down to "I know I'm right, and the fact that you don't agree with me is proof"

He realized he lost so he's just "shitposting" (seething over losing) so it's not worth it to reply.

>difficult and difficult aren't the same thing
I honestly can't even think of a wojak that would best convey how fucking stupid you are

>Wojak
Yeah that about sums you up I think. Sorry you can't understand comparative statements user, good luck with your mental retardation.

A tip for anyone playing this on GBC (unsure if it works in NES): Before going into the final stretch of Rhone, be sure to grab three Shields of Strength at the underground town, one for each character, as it's the best healing item in the game. It won't help you with those instadeath spells but it will help with preserving MP.

>Heals 90HP per use, unlimited uses, only takes up one inventory slot
>You don't need to equip it, just have it in your inventory and use it
>Only disadvantage is that it can only heal the character holding it

Every boss in Legend of Legaia

I dont think you realize how much of a retard that makes you look like.

*blocks your path*

Attached: wiz4.jpg (500x764, 146K)

Manuel from chrono cross, shit took me like 100 tries

here is an example to help you understand this
>tesla model 3 are the SAFEST cars in the world since statistically they have the LOWEST chance of injury in an accident compared to other brands/models
>SAFEST but not 100% SAFE since you are not 100% ASSURED to be unscathed after a car accident
now what anons meant here is these bosses are some of the HARDEST but that doesnt mean they are HARD
ill give you another example so you get it
the TALLEST mountain in new zealand is 3700 meters but thats is by far not a TALL mountain compared to the alps

now you are free to do damage control and pretend you wete baiting all this timw

none because turd based is objectively piss easy trash

Why the FUCK has nobody posted this yet? I've never been able to beat this fucking thing, and nobody ever talks about it. Is it forgettable or did nobody get there or what?

Attached: yHxb47c.jpg (728x408, 77K)

1. It's optional
2. It just has a lot of HP for a boss from that game

Because it's a long but very easy fight. It's uncapable of dealing any serious damage to any party above level 50.

Yiazmat has been mentioned earlier.
It's also not a difficult fight, he just has a fuckton of HP. There is basically no strategy required if you just want to kill it, if you are having trouble you are just underleveled/ not geared enough.

Ten fatestone Saruin.

Attached: Chadlexei.png (700x689, 280K)

This thread should have ended after the first reply desu. Demifiend in DDS is easily the hardest fight in a JRPG by the very nature of its design.
Even grinding your heart out and going in with the absolutely perfect setup and play every turn perfectly optimal you still only have a 1/500 chance he actually lets you win or something crazy.

Abyssion's only hard if you fight with four people. Multiple people wailing on him makes him go into overlimit much faster than one person. Soloing him with Colette was super easy since she absorbed two of the elements he used, and I didn't even have to abuse poison pow hammer.

Symphonia seriously gimped you if you used more than one caster - each caster had to wait for an ally caster's animation to finish before their spell could go off, so Raine's revitalize you need ASAP because Abyssion just hit your party with ground dasher? It's going to have to wait because Genis, Colette, Zelos, or Sheena just cast a spell, oh wait while she's standing there waiting to cast Abyssion hit her and interrupted it, now half your party's KO'd.

This Wizardry 4 is the hardest RPG ever created

Attached: Throb of the Demon's Heart is actually an unrelated spin-off and not a version of Wizardry (1200x1200, 1.07M)

This

Attached: Marluxia.png (702x387, 422K)

He's not challenging in any of the KH games he appears in

EVERY FUCKING BOSS SINCE ACT IV IN OCTOPATH TRAVELER
SWEET JESUS WHAT I'M DOING WRONG
WHY EVERYTHING HAS A TON OF HP
WHY EVERY SINGLE ATTACK SHOOTS ME
WHAT
THE
FUCK

HELP ME GETTING GUD

Attached: Frage.png (733x800, 569K)

He's impossible in ReChain of memories

Casual smtfag here but for non optional shit ywvh from smtiv apocalypse + his moon rune dungeon gave me the most trouble out of any RPG I played (I've finished nocturne)

Attached: Ys_I_boss_Vagullion.png (300x260, 97K)

I think you posted the wrong image.

Attached: Dark Fact.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

BEHOLD, MY DEMONS!

Attached: 754623.gif (250x195, 1.95M)

Demifiend, it isn't even close either. 10 FS Saruin is probably the hardest fair boss fight, though.

Holy shit FUCK this boss, seriously and FUCK YOU for reminding me.

Just doing my job, ma'am

the full power version of the 東方蒼神縁起 final boss
(the weakened one is no slouch either)
files.catbox.moe/5rovgx.png

>he hasn’t played wizardry IV

>bosses that made you drop a game

Attached: 81+3PhVQhXL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1275, 209K)

Are you implying the star mage is the toughest GS boss? One head of this guy is harder than that faggot already

Attached: Mars Lighthouse top.png (480x320, 32K)

I sucked in that game and I humiliated him. Riku Replica and Ansem are harder

You don't "get gud", that's the thing you do in video games.
No, in jrpgs, you grind.

Yvhv is not that hard, just make him weak to something and blast away.

I blasted everything else with ease but can't beat Marluxia.

the first shroob encounter ever in mario and luigi partners in time

FFX dark magus sister all 3 at the same time.

>Having trouble with Star Magician
>Calling him unfair
Fucking casuals. Take out the Healing and shield balls and just tank the attack ones.

Probably the only one who even played or remembers this but Eugene's mech in Evolution on Dreamcast was a noticably high spike in difficulty. Not sure I'd say he's the hardest but he genuinely put out a ton of pressure with high damage, speed, dispels, HP, and no gimmicky mechanics. No wonder he kicked my ass as a kid.

Miguel*

Attached: Terra.png (556x471, 387K)

>Malroth is easier
>Fullheal

Isn't Dullalah by far the hardest GS boss unless you cheese him with Summon rush?

Attached: eclipse.jpg (600x836, 78K)

Dragon Quest 1-5 bosses were difficult.

Wizardry 4 was intriguing to read about, but was it condemned as complete bullshit back then or just simply accepted as being a very difficult game?

FUUUUCK YOOOOOU
Even more so in the PC version where he and Dark Fact get harder the better your hardware is.

People thought it was novel but also bullshit. Just really well made bullshit that wasn't fun. There's a reason 5 was pretty easy.

Golden Sun gives you Granite, Flash and Shade to block damage. You also have the defend command as well as moves that buff your defence or resistance. You have no excuse

>turned based RPGs
>hard
Investing mindless time to boost a number so that you can beat a "boss" is not hard. Turn based RPGs are essentially clicker games

>games
>hard
It's memorizing simple predetermined patterns.

Wizardry IV is a puzzle game with some added RNG during do-gooder fights, that's it.
It's not a RPG, it's literally a puzzle game made to BTFO the usual MUH RPG CHALLENGE!!!!111! autists of the time.
Everything the game does is a test, to see whether you not just know how wizardry works at a basic level, but to also know whether you played the previous games(some puzzles or questions are throwbacks to stuff from the previous three games, the first especially), if you also remember your bestiary(enemy parties are heroes tailored to lose against a specific strategy, and each floor only lets you summon specific premade monster batches), some of the most tedious mapping in the series AND a lot of stuff that nowadays would be demonized in terms of obscure puzzles that would require you to wiki shit, the true ending is basically unachievable unless you know some basic Kabbalah for instance.

The people who go OMG HARDEST RPG EVAH!!! have not actually played the game 99% of the time and just repost reposts of reposts, Wizardry IV isn't difficult for the most part if you've played the previous three games, but it's an incredibly focus example of trial and error of the worst kind and dubious design decisions such as having Trebor's ghost moving in real time in a turn based game, and Trebor is basically a homing game over patriot missile for the first 40% of the game, it's a game made as a giant fuck you to the hardcore gaymers of the time, problem is that now a bunch of fake boomers try to pass it as something it's not, there's many good reasons why it was universally panned back in the days and was a giant failure, it's simply not a fun game and barely even a RPG, it was more of a not so inside joke really.

You're just bad.

>What kind of strategy involves keeping the boss from making any move?
The kind where you go into the fight to check what works on him, notice he's vulnerable to sleep, and then set up a party that can reliably keep him asleep and get someone who does heavy damage or gets bonuses on stat effects, debuff boss, buff self.

Action games are about damage avoidance and nullification. RPGs are about damage mitigation and optimization.

I played the SNES version and Atlas and Belial didn't really do anything to me, Pazuzu just kamikazed my ass once though.
I thought SNES Malroth was already bullshit enough due to the sheer amount of hp he has compared to other bosses and how much damage he can dish out, I can't fathom how awful the NES one with Fullheal was

And you have an AI 5th character for that guy that can heal you or dish out some damage, but he's still real fucking hard

I think a lot of people pointing it out as the hardest RPG ever aren't trying to say it's good, just that it's the factual hardest RPG in the ways we usually measure that.

Remember, no saves in JP either, just a password system.

>at the end of a 30 minute long dungeon
>have to beat 5 bosses beforehand
>no save points available whatsoever
what were they thinking

Attached: cloud of darkness.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

But Demi-fiend is actually quite fair. If you're properly built and know how the fight works, the only RNG left that can really fuck you over is if Cielo manages to dodge Sleep.

Satan in DDS2 is fair.
Demifiend can at almost every turn in the fight simply decide you don't get to live anymore and end you, be it through random crits setting you too far behind to recover or just straight up getting Mamudoon'd.

I'll grant you those, but the chances of Mamudoon instantly killing your entire party or getting crit-strung from 100 to death are really low. The chance of RNG fucking you over is overall pretty small in that fight.

Yiazmat

Iunno, it's been like a decade since I killed him, but from what I remember it was insanely easy to get stuck in a recovery loop that doesn't let you kill his demons in time to prevent them from healing.
I think there was some strategy discovered that had you sandbag for an eternity and a half until his Pixie ran out of MP though that was supposed to be more consistent, maybe it's not so bad with that.

Fuck that shit seriously.
That's why I hate games that pulls this kind of crap, the first time I played it I lost over an hour Worth of bossfights because CoD second phase murdered me with RNG bs.

Is he hard? I don't remember anything hard about this game except Dullahan, who I didn't beat.

whitney's miltank

>Guy who doesn't play JRPGs judges JRPGs.

There are only 2 things in the entire Pokemon as whole franchise that could be remotely considered standard difficult: Primal Dialga' Roar of time and Ultra Necro's Light that burn the Sky.

I always loved this guy, at the time .hack was peaking in popularity so AV was essentially the One Sin from The World.

>he actually plays the rpgs that make you grind
lmao

I'm sorry, what? Could you please elaborate I'm very curious

nah that cow is fucked up man, ruined my nuzlocke lasttime i tried it

By far, specifically because his dungeon is made of fuck and you literally cannot miss 1 Djinn throughout the entirety of both games or you can't reach him, also he simply has some of the best stats in the game and 3 FUCKING MOVES DURING HIS TURN

Attached: 20190829_125849.jpg (801x766, 250K)

Nuzlocke is hardly a standard run.
There's more than enough stuff to deal with the cow in a normal playthrough of the game, most notably Geodude and Machop.

>blocks your path

Attached: 5688-1600632251.png (658x496, 379K)

This dude is pretty much guaranteed to kick your ass unless you have 2 fully optimized parties with the secret jobs maxed out. And even then he takes like 2 hours to kill unless you go for maximum cheese strategies.

Attached: Galdera_1.jpg (1920x1080, 312K)

Pretty much fucking this, anyone in this thread not mentioning AV doesn't know what its talking about

that's Stahn's sister Lilith

Don't forget the fact he regenerates HP every turn

Eh, he is an MMO boss which is kinda cheating, even Van Cleef in WoW is hard if your partied with retards
Plus doesn't he have more HP than Doom Dragon?

Not everyone is a subhuman who plays MMO garbage.

Attached: valsu.jpg (480x360, 10K)

see

Evolution was a great game, one of the few good Dreamcast RPGs

SCSII/Ascension Amelyssan

Attached: 1800186-amelyssan.png (760x960, 862K)

>Toughest raid boss in online RPG history is cleared by two DPS
>"How'd you even manage?"
>"lol just hit its weaknesses scrub"

Attached: Balmungface.jpg (250x246, 66K)

It just stood out to me because the rest of the game is pretty non-threatening but then you get to him and he's just pumping out constant high damage, and Linear is gone so you lose your best source of party wide buffs and heals. I still beat him in one go but if I wasn't playing optimally I would have had a rough time of it.

Consequently, the PS1 version of the final boss was a real motherfucker since they removed the Goddess Statue at the top of the tower. So you had to run the entire gauntlet before facing him with dwindling supplies. God help you if your level wasn't high enough and you have to somehow level grind as all your items slowly got used up.

Attached: 5_RPGs_1.jpg (600x346, 70K)

Is this mod good?

>The hardest boss I ever fought in my life was the Antlion in FF9 on my brother's save where he had saved himself into a corner and completely fucked up his characters by running form every battle. The only character that didn't die from literaly anything was Freya so I had to time 80 consecutive jumps to beat it.
In fairness FFIX is a game specifically designed so that you can beat it at lvl 1 by making gear the real determining factor.

They're like Shinryu from FFV in that they're not all that difficult once you understand their gimmicks, but their gimmicks are poorly-communicated and you'll probably only figure them out through a lot of trial-and-error, or just looking it up.

That's always been a sticking point in the difficulty of the Dragon Quest games, and it's why it's so weirdly balanced with randoms being a total cakewalk most of the time and bosses being total assholes. There's never a way to heal multiple characters for about 80% of the game, so you're at the total mercy of anything that can attack multiple times and hit the whole party, but once you do finally get Multiheal or the Sage's Stone, etc. they're so damn effective that having one or two characters capable of using them makes you effectively invincible. There should be a healing spell that only heals around 30HP available a bit after Midheal, with enemy attacks becoming stronger across the board to compensate for the more efficient healing. If Shin Megami Tensei can be challenging even with decent healing spells I don't see what Dragon Quest's excuse is.

>OW HEY HEY OW THAT HURT OW!

Attached: 1496424478097.jpg (256x256, 11K)

>Any time anyone managed to actually defeat it, the devs patched out the method they used because, "That's not how you're supposed to win"

Attached: 1551918859045.png (345x331, 147K)

>Infinitely respawning soldiers who constantly interrupt your combos
>I'LL HAVE YOUR LIFE!
>DIABLO!

Attached: latest[1].png (500x500, 169K)

I dont think I've played anjrpg outside of DQ1 and 2 where you need to grind. If you ever need to grind then you've shown you dont know how to play the game

I'm sure theres some exceptions but in most main stream jrpgs I've played this is 100% true

On level 1 crit. Difficult in the least enjoyable way possible

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

Attached: benediction.jpg (325x53, 7K)

I still think this was a "just don't fight it idiots" prank that went so far people went to hospital. The patching of defeat methods in particular struck me as a chinese finger trap boss. The only winning move really was just not to fucking play.

His speed scales directly with your FPS. If you don't manually limit it, the game matches your refresh rate and he goes so fast on Normal you may as well be playing on Nightmare. Even at 60FPS he's faster than he was in any of the earlier versions.

PS, I was talking about Dark Fact, the bat also gets harder but only because his hit window gets tighter.

I can't believe no one said the Wiegraf fight in FFT yet

Attached: how do I beat this without grinding.png (1880x2166, 490K)

They eventually let it go, he's not even the worst the game has to offer anymore.

If we're talking MMOs, then DFO counts, and DFO has some tough as nails bosses. Pretty much anything OV, except for Goblin Kingdom, is a decent contender for hardest RPG boss.

Attached: QEMJ3[1].jpg (550x660, 52K)

Proof that FF6 is broken in your favor and Yea Forums is bad at games in one go.

>Game caps you at 60
>lmao just grind to be higher level than the level 99 superboss

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 134K)

its not difficult. just a bitch if you leveled incorrectly and lock yourself into a shit save.

Perfect encapsulation of the sort of dipshit who whines about JRPGs and grinding.

Good fucking god I hate these people.

unless they have been drastically changed since the reboot, OV wasn't that bad. Just be in a guild that knows what they are doing. Seemed no different than any mmo boss. Dont stand in fire etc

holy shit. if he that user hadn't posted i would assume he is illiterate.

>Go there with 2 weapons with everybody
>Die time and time again
>A year after dropping it I try it again but I use one weapon and a shield
>It's a cakewalk
okay

Get a geodude and build momentum with clefairy
You'll beat her in her own game

this wasn't a boss made to be difficult, it was made to be impossible... it's badly done

At least that fight is doable. Fuck BBS

Attached: 1538639918240.webm (480x270, 507K)

Star Magician isn't even the hardest in that game; Dulahan was harder.

ophiomorph in Xenogears

blocks your path

Attached: file.png (158x164, 8K)

Absolute Virtue was considered to be unbeatable with the contemporary level and gear...

this is not a "difficult" boss, it was practically made to be impossible

I blame the terrible game designers

Then why was it in the game in the first place?

Good games will frequently have some sort of either level cap with bosses at a higher level, or bosses that scale with the player's level and stats so they're always a challenge.

The head FFXI developer essentially insisted that XI was supposed to be a game for masochists that like to put in massive amounts of time and effort for mediocre reward. With that in mind, he would often attach the few non-shitty rewards in the game to top-end boss fights and the even fewer "all good, no bad" items got attached to impossible fights purely for the sake of baiting players to actually go through the effort to go lose to them. He has gone on record saying that he approves and encourages the creation of impossible challenges with lofty rewards for the sake of world building and game balance.