World of Warcraft XIV: Shadowbringers

Patch notes INCOMING

Attached: washeright.png (469x237, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/The_Legend_Returns_Quests
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/f9f9bc037d81305bd34c688b701db7c6162503b9
jaehyuk-lee.github.io/DFAssist
eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/6590c2fc8a150c607e97d5b18eed98b3bfe011e9
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/worldstatus/
archived.moe/vg/thread/264135608/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WHY WAS THE LAST THREAD DELETED
IT WAS FINE

>mods are 22345th in queue so they can delete our threads in the meantime

HOW ARE YOU ENJOYING WORLD OF WARCRAFT? I LOVE CLASSIC.

I CANT WAIT TO SEE Sam buffs

>deleting the thread right before patch notes drop
Gotta make room for a few more WoW Classic threads, eh jannies?
DUDE I LOVE WOW CLASSIC
I UHHHH MADE A DWARF PALADIN BRO IT'S EPIC
I EVEN MADE IT ONTO ASMON LAYER!!! IT MADE MY DAY!!!

Attached: 1563169652981.webm (852x480, 1.96M)

Patch notes for what?

Duh. Why do you think there's maintenance now. They're gonna buff/nerf some of the wow classes. Apparently pld is too OP

first lala/v/ros
second for sam redemption arc

Attached: inktober020_low_by_bellpepper_art-dbr7pe8.png (1024x768, 1.19M)

WHERE MY SAM BUFFS AT? OR DRK OVERHAUL??????? WHERE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>404ed
I'll ask again. Guys how many quest does post Stormblood have? Also I still have Road to 70 buff, should I lvl up gathering and crafting skills?

Attached: 1497612359387.jpg (1024x1024, 182K)

>DRK overhaul
Does everyone just hate the classes I play?

Half of ARR

Reporting.

Attached: A3XJXhS.png (1920x1080, 2.27M)

Current DRK is just diet WAR
TBN is the only thing that makes the job fun

I'll answer your question on one condition. What's your favourite anime?
If you can't think of one, what's your top 5?

>Half of ARR
Thank fucking god.
Redline

Imagine being Shartwarden Jauthry

>Just got to the point in Post StormBlood that everyone that was essential to the story had survived
What was the fucking point? And how the fuck did Zenos survive a cut to the throat when he is probably the strongest swordsman?

The ogcd shit is too front loaded and after that it's boring 123 combo. Almost every skill feels limp dick as fuck, bloodspiller/quietus spam just isn't fel cleave/decimate. Everything revolves around TBN.

Is it though?
WAR you fell cleave and weave in two oGCD
DRK you gotta check on Mana resources, get TBN up, bloodsplitter spam and also weave oGCD way more than WAR does.

SAM and NIN are slated to get big adjustments in 5.1. SMN is also being looked at.

SE considered tanks as being fine. At most they'll get increases on their defense CDs.

Road to 70 doesn't buff gathering/crafting iirc. Do them when you want. Treat them as a minigame you do on the side or you'll get burned out fast.

Since the current Delirium is just a shitty Inner Release, yeah it's a diet WAR now. I don't want a copy pasted ability that does nearly the same thing except it's worse.

The run in question

Attached: 1239052.png (679x570, 49K)

ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/The_Legend_Returns_Quests

Do you call Royal authority a subset of inner release as well?

>viera

It feels bad carrying people as a DPS though.

That should be the healer's job.

Road to 70 buffs everything exp related.
Thanks user.

Thats just painful

Pretty good for Stormblood initial release number.

Not necessarily. RA serves as rotational filler that's effectively a potency buff on your next 1-2-3 combo. If you really wanted an accurate comparison you should've mentioned Requiescat.

literally not pressing buttons

>oad to 70 doesn't buff gathering/crafting iirc.
At least road to 60 buffed them too, and I don't think they changed that. I recommend leveling at least a single gatherer while you still have the buff, they are a bitch to level.

I dont think the mods realize how shit the /vg/ threads for XIV are. All anyone does there is discuss where to find ERP partners.

Attached: 1410557849445.jpg (240x240, 38K)

Do you masturbate while tanking OP?

Why do the mods hate XIV threads so much? They do absolutely nothing about Classic spam.

That makes no sense and you know it. It's a combo ender, gives you three of a resource that only stacks thrice, and lets you use a skill thrice to mainly restore MP and do good damage.
Delirium is Bloodspiller 5 times in a row, same shit as Inner Release, which is Fell Cleave 5 times in a row.
They aren't attached to any combos, they're oGCD abilties that you press to let you enable usage of what they do. Difference is Delirium will give MP while IR ensures it's all a DCrit.

This guy gives a better example on a Paladin comparison.

EB EB EB EB EB EB????
thank god the faggot from the last thread is gone.

It's not THAT bad and you can still get actual conversation out of them, especially on major patches/content drops. It can feel like drawing blood out of a stone sometimes though.

Hes hanging out in the bait thread

They're being paid by Asmongold to silence XIV discussion and promote WoW.

You do have your Titan clear, right Yea Forums?

>tfw getting my eden weapon next week

Patch notes when

Attached: 1564939426486.gif (288x284, 3.12M)

Ay bruh lemme know when we're gonna pull, I'm not gonna cast Blood of the Raubahn and then dick around for twenty seconds until it falls off.

Attached: 1553862256200.jpg (1000x1000, 330K)

My static is on the last phase. We should be clearing this week now that we have our welfare weapons.

I dont, i took the static bait and we are stuck at E3S, some of them dont even log on anymore, i feel like i should abandon them since they arent that good, but i kinda feel bad for them.

I'm stuck in Cringeblood

Attached: 1523894324.jpg (1920x1080, 99K)

You have no obligation to stick to a bad group. If you really feel bad then just make up an excuse like "the times don't really work for me" or something.

yeah I'm bis on all my leftside

>week 5 weapon
let me guess
DRK

Still stuck in ARR. Haven't bought the expansions yet because I wanna clear the base game first.

Post cute mounts

Attached: Fat_chocobo1.jpg (400x300, 152K)

His fake echo was strong enough to allow his soul to survive death

Static has skipped 2 weeks, so we've only did a three week attempt. I'm going to help them get their e1s clear and I'm done with them and will try again in the next set.

The BRD is complete garbage only doing 6000dps, he was SCH before but only did 800 DPS. I gave too many chances to clean up their act and I'm too burned out to join a new static.
Everyone else is decent and looks like they have room for improvement but I cannot try this every week getting fucked because the BRD is a braindead retard.

Attached: condem refugees to death.png (433x428, 333K)

>ninja main
>no static, stuck in pugs
>people leaving pfs because ninja
>stick with it, learn to push dps as much as possible
>training weights about to come off
It's over for you bitches

Attached: 3455684567.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

That makes me feel better user, i feel like an idiot since they wanted me to change from tank to healer since one of the healers was pretty sure he was the best gunbreaker, he cant even break 7k on e2S, its painful to watch, i was at 7.6k, i'll ditch those fuckers and just pug it, how hard can it be?

Is it possible to max crafters/gatherers without ever going past 15?

Attached: 1567044344122.jpg (900x856, 856K)

Just find a new group user, my last group was stuck on 4 for 4 weeks, imploded after the leader had a mental breakdown, one of our healers was hospitalized and another members mother tried to kill herself.

I left and found a new group same day, and its smooth sailing now

Close, PLD. Literally none of the weapons that dropped were for our comp so it was 4 weeks of letting DPS take coffers and the DRK weapon dropped tonight.

The only Extreme fight I really plan on mastering is Rathalos for the mount and Palico minion. How many Rathalos scales drop per run? Is it something you roll for?

Unimaginably based

The fuck happened?

1, you need 50 for mount but there's also a chance for mount itself to drop.

You just get the palico for the basic quest though?

>1

Is it at least 1 guaranteed per run?

Attached: 1466826086254.gif (400x225, 950K)

Yes.

Oh, well, good.

No, because you'll need to actually go to high level zones to gather.

Enjoy the 5.1 rework forcing you to re-learn your rotation and retreading the pity buffs.

Attached: 234723454.png (172x217, 91K)

No. You have to break the tail in the run to get it. Easily done, but people are trash.

Can't you just have somebody teleport you there/fly?

Patch note up.
>literally flat potency buff and no TA nerf
Based.

No, expansion zones are hard locked by main story quests.

>SMN
o i am laffin

NIN and SAM bros REJOICE!

>get first titan clear by the skin of our teeth
>first weapon drop is WHM cane
>AST has a breakdown over the job crisis he was suffering from the whole prog

So they said exactly what they would do. Shocking!
>SMN gets Ruin buffs
>RDM and DNC still in the shed
Oh no no no no no

Patchnotes are up, your training weights are lifted user, go get 'em champ.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/f9f9bc037d81305bd34c688b701db7c6162503b9

>Estrologian has a breakdown over menial things
Business as usual, remind her(male) to dilate.

Attached: 31c4fri5rym11.jpg (655x527, 36K)

>SMN gets Ruin buffs
It's not a buff in the slightest. It just means drooling retards won't throw away DPS.

Housing is now available in Spriggan and Twintania on the European data center.
* Please be aware that housing has only been made available to free companies. We will evaluate the housing market and decide when to remove the restriction on sales to individuals.

WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK FUCK YOU SQUARE

>no ast changes
Fuck this game.

Attached: DYmQS7uVAAANxql.jpg (900x1200, 135K)

I don't think its even OP's image. It was posted in an earlier thread.

Bunshin change is nice.
Now you're not penalized for using shadowfang anymore.

What a lot of fucking nothing.

>SAM buff
Ah shit time for my samurai wife to rise to the top of the dps meters.

It's mine.

>Ruin
>The additional effect "If target is suffering from a Bio or Miasma effect inflicted by you, Ruin potency is increased to 130 for one effect, or 180 for both" has been removed, and the base potency has been increased from 80 to 180.
of all the things to simplify on SMN, this is the one they chose?

Attached: scooby.png (499x465, 217K)

Can I technically kaiten kaishi stuff?

You can't, it said so in kaeshi description.

So it's gonna take them 6 hours to change a few lines of coding? wtf.

>4 hours maint for a patch this small

Attached: 1566923212058.gif (400x221, 344K)

It'll end early most likely

From what they said in the liveletter this is a test run and they'll make adjustments in 5.1 based on how it goes. I hope they bring it back though, it was a neat change.

Thank god i am going to work while this shit is happening.

do they just hate the summoner?

Attached: 1268065453.jpg (251x242, 15K)

>MNK was untouched
based Yoshi.
Also I don't play SAM, but SAMbros, is your buffs good or meh?

They utilize patch releases to conduct other maintenance to avoid having smaller maintenance and restarts every week like wow does, they explained this before.

It'll definitely push us up by a little bit which is nice.

Meh? I sub SAM and I was always satisfied.
So hey! Free buff?

Knuckles up, mhigga.

Attached: 1563832172005.jpg (1000x1000, 349K)

Meh, but it's better than nothing.

It's small, but it's in the right direction.

I just started ShB after going through ARR -> HW -> SB, I wanna play already!
Didn't we already had a maintenance this week?

Why the fuck does it take 240+ mins to que The Menagerie trials? I want to progress MSQ godamnit.

Those are all main rotation skills being buffed so it's very nice even though the numbers aren't that high. SAM is already in a decent spot so getting some love is wonderful.

Nope

probably

>titan egi still exists unchanged
>garuda egi summon icon is still carbunkle
>egis still not changed to demi-ifrit/garuda
>that retarded server tick issue with bahamut not registering the first rune II/IV so you have to awkwardly cast rune III initially
>bahamut phase doesn't transition into phoenix, instead a weird third phase before phoenix

Its alright but MNK is still king.

There was an emergency maint in one world, otherwise there hasn't been a maintenance in 2 weeks or more iirc

Level a tank

Que during hours when people are awake or not at work?

pretty okay, they buffed every combo piece slightly and our dot, plus made it so if you fuck up and use kaiten at the wrong time it'll be back up with no wait, which isn't really meaningful most of the time but still nice. Unless of course someone maths out some nonsense where it starts being worth it to use on normal combo parts, but I doubt it.

No one leveling 70-80 wants to use Trial roulette to level because they'll get stuck with shitters doing Titania or Innocence for the first time.

Oh I'm guessing I'm mixing up the weekly reset with maintenance.

BECAUSE NOBODY'S IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW DUMB DUMB

the royal menagerie is probably the hardest required content in the game. People would leave instantly when it came up in their roulette back in SB because retards can't handle its mechanics

So it took them three weeks just to up the potency on nin and sam and smn by a little bit?

Are those new Ilbros I see? Bless you for making these.

It will never fucking worth on normal combo due to its max bonus. Might as well spend that kenki on Shinten.

I take off my gear before queueing for the roulettes just to avoid having to kill level 70+ trials with shitters like you

After doing it twice this week. Lmao no it isn't. It's so fucking easy now.

Should I tell user or will any of you do it?

>all four melee jobs do gorilla damage now
>and BLM
>every other job is meme shit
honestly this is the best meta
fuck reddit summoners
fuck bards
fuck red mages in clear parties

Attached: 1566923933545.jpg (2048x1536, 508K)

>not using DFAssist

Attached: sir_alonne_sunglasses.png (800x648, 968K)

>Midgardsormr
Get this fuck off my server.
I swear that it's starting to slowly turn into Aether's new Balmung. All shitters need to go to Crystal and stay there.

Attached: 1493340407388.jpg (593x484, 61K)

This, they didn't adjust his hp to account for potency increase so he dies before 2nd dive bomb even if 3 out of 4 of your dps are brain dead.

I don't like having parsing up. At all.

With all the hunting drama, it kinda is.

haven't done it in a while, but back then people would quit

There's a patch up.

give me 5.1 already

I'm working on ones for every job that I haven't seen yet or made myself, left on my list are AST, WHM, BLM, RDM, SMN, BLU, PLD, MCH, NIN. NIN and AST ought to be the hardest because I can't figure out how to give him a black coat with Pixlr.

Someone here is retarded.

Since when is maintenance on a wednesday?

Anything at all that affects my ping by even 1 must be turned off.

it's thursday bro

When is your mom on a Wednesday?
Bam boomed headshot

Enjoy Midgardsormr, Sargatanas and Faerie. Crystal's worst worlds are Zalera and Diabolos.

>NIN improved
>ranged physical untouched
Can't wait for 3 melee meta as ranged physical are barely worth their weight even with the forced party buffs SE put in.

cool, SMN changes. Let's check it out

>

Attached: nia.png (559x566, 438K)

Hint: Know what the software is before you talk about it.

MNK clearly got buffed more than intended and will probably get shafted later on unless their whole idea is to buff every class up more to those standards, seeing as both SAM and NIN are getting buffs now.

Its you peoples faults that people are joining your DC. You faggots scream about how shit Crystal is, so they join your DCs to avoid the "crystal shitters," despite being worse then your average crystalfag in DF.

Okay, thanks.
Not using it.

It's not a fight parser, it's turned off during actual content when you're not queueing.

Attached: 66565498_p40.jpg (500x625, 112K)

You're more likely to get 2 BLMs than 3 melees.

please buff MCH a but more so I'll finally have an excuse to try it out

HOW I FUCKING TALK IN CHAT AND DO MORE DPS THAN THIS HOW

Its fun

You can't use DFAssist without ACT turned on.

Melee should always be top dps no excuses.

Well fuck, I did not realize that at all.

NIN is now where it always should have been. If you're looking for gripes, what they essentially gave NIN right now is what DRG got as a lvl 76 trait.

is it true that you guys have some weird RPer banana chick with a bunch of orbiters or some shit?

You absolutely can you triple nigger. Try it.

It's the most enjoyable job to play right now, stop thinking in meta.

What the fuck are you talking about

Attached: file.png (661x112, 11K)

Wonder how much of a buff DNC will receive next patch.

Again. Please research things before you type things. I know this site is annoymous but it's best not to talk stupid for the sake of it.
This retard thinks removing your gear limits you from certain duties in duty roulette outside alliance. Just ignore him.

I don't know. There was hunting drama because retards messaged the conductor saying the train times weren't suitable for them and the conductor just said IVE HAD ENOUGH and stopped doing hunts. On the meanwhile the hunt LS sucks his dick for the next 20mins until he goes back to bot crafting.

NIN changes are in preparation for their 5.1 scheduled rework so this was expected. About SAM I literally have no idea what they are doing, their potency adjustement was meant to be for 5.1 as well yet here we are, perhaps they labeled it as urgent or this is a trial-and-error phase before 5.1. MNKs and all the other jobs dont have scheduled adjustements, except bard that has a song rework set to sometime during ShB.

>he's not using the maintained fork of the standalone version
Makes sense that we were arguing.
Here you go, it even updates on its own:
jaehyuk-lee.github.io/DFAssist

What, no.
Sam's bandaid potency adjustment was always mean for. 08
It's shoha change that's scheduled for 5.1

5.1 SAM will be reworking Shoha.

Oh, thanks.

Ranged physical will be a mess this entire expansion in both the balance within the role and the balance of the role compared to the other 2 DPS roles.

Why did you help the retard?

For fucks sake retard, DFA is not an act plugin, is a thing on its own. Literally the only thing that it does is read packets and tell you what shithole you got in roulettes before you enter. Fuck off brainlet.

Attached: 1402960829356.gif (200x150, 1.39M)

Not gonna happen. Mechanics are built around two melee/two ranged.

Can you fuck off this thread retard?

Because this isn't Yea Forums

Attached: 67990087_p3.jpg (439x343, 145K)

Why is Shoha still turboshit?

Attached: oh.gif (500x281, 999K)

hopefully getting made better in 5.1

Just make it so that popping third eye gives one meditation stack.

0. They did specify that the only jobs that would experience changes in the near future are NIN, SAM, BRD and WAR. SMN and SCH would get just tiny QoL changes, which just happened with SMN, I believe the SCH one is just tooltip text. The rest of the jobs would remain the same. And anyways DNC dps is fine, I have no idea why brainlets blame the job for shitty dps when the gimmick of the job is to give the big dick dps to someone else rather than yourself.

Still less than 1% total dps contribution in best case.

is there a mod that tells you what to do and when like in wow lol :D

no that would be too complicated for your average 3IQ SAM

They're reworking it and the way we get meditation stacks in 5.1.
Do you niggers even read the live letter digests?

Attached: 67789789_p0.jpg (1200x941, 222K)

But when you get retards like this dude who's a know it all, it's better to tell him to just fuck off.

You don't give $20 to the mental retards on the street, do you?

>I have no idea why brainlets blame the job for shitty dps when the gimmick of the job is to give the big dick dps to someone else rather than yourself.
Because even with that contribution taken into account, DNC dps is still not very good, Do you think people did not calculate just how much DNC actually gives to the party? You fucking tool. You fucking anal clown.

My dream is for them to buff Kaeshi Higanbana so much that stacking it on top of Higanbana actually becomes a DPS increase

How "hard" is it to get a parser running ingame from a scale of downloading and enabling bethesda nexmods mods and modding your handheld or whatever? (dumb analogy I know)
I just switched from RDM to DRG and I just wanna see how well or badly I do in group content to see how I can improve since I never know if my rotation is actually adequate and only read in threads that RDM does shit damage.

Ranged are balanced very well between themselves though.

Call me names user, keep going.

Take it back to your general you dumb ERPing virgin.

What?

Why is there so many brainlets in this thread?

Attached: wetryanon.png (104x231, 8K)

What's the point of summoner changes?
Realistically speaking, this should not affect good summoner players at all right?

Attached: 1505239986668.jpg (500x500, 23K)

>still haven't fixed bugged phoenix/bahamut not responding for the first second after being summoned, inb4 it's intended
>ruin changes do mean jack shit if you're doing the rotation right anyway, at least you can get 100 extra potency on that ruin cast you do on goals in ES4 :^)
>devotion is still the shittiest buff for it's CD time
>egi assaults still feel like shit to press, do no damage, and can still ghost

Why is it that they always have to fuck up SMN with every expansion, fix it to something decent and then demolish it all over again?

For when your Tri-D dots fall off before the next trance is ready.

literally download, extract and install
download the plugin, extract and copy it in act's folder

I know man, but I also did it in the hopes the guy learnt to not be so sure about everything he knows and to start doubting himself when getting so many replies contrary to his own beliefs
one man can dream

Attached: DCRhgKOXkAIhn93.png (825x825, 1.02M)

If the former is a 1 and the latter a 10 then i'd say like a 3. The hardest part is trying to get it through firewall.

nah my group just started. we've barely had much time to raid

Do they even know what SMN is meant to be? It seems to have an identity crisis every few levels and then again every few patches.

>We're just going to do potency adjustments in 5.08, further reworks will be in 5.1
>5.08 comes, it's just potency adjustments
>WTFFFFFF WHY DIDNT THEY REWORK THE JOB
literally every fucking time, give it a rest for once

I thought you were supposed to refresh it, unless you mean during that unique window with

Attached: 1563577744865.jpg (1080x1080, 90K)

the SMN change wasn't QoL, it was straight dumming down. They didn't fix any of the QoL stuff that's supposed to be fixed

Yeah, and those are all potency issues/bugs. You have to either purposely clip by triple weaving or waiting when summon phoenix just to be getting damage that should be guaranteed.

>Do they even know
No.
Some of the devs are absolute incompetent fucks and I suspect some jobs get the short end of the stick and get balanced by junior devs straight out of college or worse, internship students. Whatever they are, they don't play the jobs they're balancing, or they were forced to and don't love them.
That's the only way I can explain the disparity between jobs.

Attached: oq7ikxyB641si8os1o1.png (675x900, 824K)

NINberd should use the Fuma set, complete with eyepatch and the mudra rabbit

You use Tri-D, Then you start Trance. When you use Tri-D again, Trance will be at 31 second off CD because you used it 1 second after the initial Tri-D, so your dots will fall off for about a second before you can refresh them with the next trance and you usually have to use an unbuffed Ruin at that point.

This would be solved by making dots last 33 seconds, but they refuse to do that for whatever reason.

Guess I will bite. Nexusmods will forever and always be cancer, anything is better than nexusmods. At least try to google about ACT yourself.
>only read in threads that RDM does shit damage
It does and with good reason due to vercure and veraise. However keep in mind that a RDM should only compare their dps with other RDMs and same with all the jobs, theres no point in comparing RDM and DRG dps, just pick up the one you like to play the most and git gud.
>They didn't fix any of the QoL stuff that's supposed to be fixed
Did you not read/saw the live letter? they literally changed what they said would change. You were promised copper and copper you got, to expect gold is just dumb.

But thats just it nigga, they dident do any fucking potency adjustment for smn.
Buffing the fucking dots back to 50 would be a adjustment, now they just removed the retard check for graylets.

Attached: 1561931581070.gif (433x271, 981K)

why the fuck is smn a DoT focused job instead of a pet focused one
absolutely worthless piece of shit job just delete it from the game, only trannies like it anyway (and even not all of them since it fucking sucks dick shit fuck)

It won't be that big of an increase either way. If you ever found yourself in that situation you were better off clipping the gcd to get that tri disaster back up. Unless something has changed but I remember the opener being like r3>tri>r2 which is purposely clipping there.

At this point I'm convinced that they should just delete it from the game since I'm not aware of any point in the game's entire lifespan where summoner players were actually happy with the job, they have always been top tier whiners. So I really have to wonder who is actually getting angry about this shit. Just remove the job and save the headache.

Where have you been? It's no longer DoT focused at all, especially after today's patch. It's full Ruin spam, OcD pet abilities and Bahamut/Phoenix trance now.

Wouldn't surprise me if they outright remove Miasma and Bio next expansion.

When will the Bangaas migrate to Eorzea?

>DoT focused job instead of a pet focused one
Sometimes I get the impression it's neither.

>only trannies like it anyway
Literal rent free
Only those I know who like it are professors or doctors, but they actually gave up on the job and are sticking to SCH for now

Attached: rent free.jpg (480x360, 53K)

Forgot pic

Attached: c19b81c3eb7b3b00e28efc49520c1d9a.jpg (1024x854, 186K)

they just got rid of the one reason to keep DoTs up

>DFA
They should completely ban third party software like DFassist. I took a look at it after the bitching about it in this thread and holy shit, what's the point of roulettes if you're using shit like this? Is it because you're too braindead to do anything other then sycrus tower? Pathetic.

Attached: 1547022376500.png (284x252, 76K)

I kinda like it but if you screw up, you're done.
AoE feels a bit awkward too desu.

Go away. We already told you to fuck off.
Australia hours are the worst hours.

My static broke up at the end of e3s because the leader was mad he couldn't find an 8th member. I haven't joined another static sincce because all of my cohealers have been trash. I might just leave crystal now

Attached: sdgdsd.jpg (720x719, 239K)

>We
Cringe
Also not him. Just a random laughing at you.

I'll one up you by saying that you can even download it from act and set it up without having to use your brain at all.

Yikes

Fuck off, we’re full

Ah yes, the ghetto people from FF12.

>reroll'd a qt ninja last week
:3

If they bring it back they sorely need to consider adding upfront potency to SMN's DoTs.

Will they remove the wind/poison debuff requirement for the attacks that need it for more potency for BRD?

pet jobs = passive consistent background damage
dot jobs = passive consistent background damage

the two go hand in hand, only retards like dot jobs or pet jobs

>suddenly a filtered post
what

>forget what my character looks like from always having a helmet on
>character gets helmet removed in a cutscene
this will never not take me off guard when it happens. i wish cutscenes didn't remove helmets

I think the point is that the devs lack common sense. For example, Shake It Off everyone was telling Yoshi that it was shit long before SB got released and only fixed it in 4.1. And guess what? Everyone was telling Yoshi that Shoha is shit long before ShB.

Best race

They're still gonna be down there until their rework which hopefully gives them an edge and right now they're one of the most annoying classes to get good dps on.

It's had that problem since it was implemented; the entire concept of a FF Summoner just doesn't fit the games mold. It was a poor choice from the pool of jobs they could pull from, and they kind of had to bend and shape it into some kind of caster that relied mostly on aesthetics to fit the picture. It's ultimately just a DoT mage, and now even the pet works like a DoT. It's somewhat like a modern MMO Shaman, which is likely what they're going for, but you can't do much beyond that other than have a Burst/Gauge mechanic that every job has.

They haven't really said a whole lot about any plans they have to diversify it, either. Even it's utility is just leftover from ACN, and physick is 100% useless since it lacks stat scaling. Other than that, it has no choice but to fit the spellcasting gap between RDM and BLM by relying on DoTs and having detached models fill in the rest of its abilities/flavor.

Fuck off retard lmao

No. You've got a instant refresh button for both with 2.5s recast time.

can a get a quick run down of ffxiv
all the WoW hype makes me want to play an mmo but I don't want to play WoW
I'm considering either this or rift on the p2p server

Attached: unknown-15.png (323x74, 46K)

If PvP is of any interest to you skip FFXIV.

You're the one using thirdparty software because he shits his pants like a pussy if he has to anything else then sycrus tower.
What's wrong little bitch? Did the morbols in fucking aurum vale rape your sorry ass to much? Or did Thundergod Cid break your hormonal balance to many times?

Attached: 1531730397149.gif (640x360, 173K)

PvP is unironically the best part of this game but people skip it because >muh pvp is bad meme

I have a problem of forgetting that exists and drop my debuffs.

Attached: Clipboard03.jpg (1424x857, 268K)

The problem is that they're actually literally running out of time with this game. How or why is not important, what is important is that they do, and then release content anyway hoping to patch it later, completely oblivious to this approach being cited by themselves as the downfall of 1.0. They cannot allocate manpower to recode an entire old class or they would've and so they choose to prioritize new jobs that the marketing team will be able to put on the box and then hope they can wrangle something workable out of the rest, testing only that it works as intended, not that the intent is any good. I mean, they can't even model a dozen extra weapons for new jobs, how embarrasing.

what modes of PvP are good. i've only played frontline and it's not really anything to write home about

>2019
>3 expansions in
>we still have no audio clues for when a long CD comes off of cooldown

Is bard good this expansion?

*laughs in Hrothchad master race*

>needing audio cues

>It was a poor choice from the pool of jobs they could pull from
I mean, summoners are one of THE recurring jobs in the series. Its eventual implementation would've been inevitable. It's a shame that it suffers the most from the failed ACN experiment. Should just detach it and make it its own job that starts at 30. The whole trance and demi-primal summoning is really cool, but it comes in too late. By the time you get there you have 60 levels of identity crisis behind you, and only 20 of what the job should've been doing from the start.

it's not
I'm mainly interested in dungeons and questing in pretty environments (hence my lack of interest in WoW classic, some of the blandest environments I've seen until gw2 released)

t. deaf

It's alright. It's basically same as 4.0 bard but with all the annoying parts fixed or removed.

Rival wings
There's mods for that and you can make your own triggers

They obviously need more manpower but no one can be assed to work on mmos in japan it seems. They might have managed back in hw and earlier when ffxiv wasn't as big as it is now but with shb being the mainstream success that it is now that is no longer the case.

we have them for procs and LB, it's the same thing

Just got in this thread but do people seriously use a 3rd party program because they're scared of getting something because "oh no the shitters will make this HORRIBLE"?
Come the fuck on guys.

Post more baddies getting triggered by parsers

>popping 3rd eye giving a meditation stack
>as I'm getting better at using third eye in fights when the boss is doing aoes or targeted aoes

I'll take the dps increase yes please

Dunno. I only use it to get Praetorium and duck outta LoTA every once in a while. Fuck that place.

I reckon you could do a satisfying summoner in XIV, but current summoner is permanently fucked since it was shackled to arcanist in its original design and it can never fully get away with that, and they're not going to put in the effort to rebuild the job from scratch while there's still a decent amount of people who like the job identity as-is (and there are, despite what Yea Forums says. It's nowhere near SB MCH levels of shit.)

Generally I find pet classes in RPGs to be pointless unless the game design really supports them, which XIV doesn't. So they may as well just drop pets altogether and go for a different approach.

If I was gonna redesign summoner I would basically throw out all the pets/dot shit and instead make it so you have a basic rotation that builds up "summon energy" or something, and then you summon a primal onto yourself and control the primal as if it was your character. Your abilities change depending on which one you summoned and you work through a mini-rotation unique to that primal, finish with a big signature attack, then start again, building up to a different primal. After you've done 2-3 different summons you can get bahamut or whatever.

Blame SE, they don't give any fucks to the 14 staff despite it being literally the thing keeping the FF division afloat for almost 5 years now

Just sacrifice one hotbar to have your important shit hover off-center of your screen, set to 70% transparency.

The only way they'd ever make SMN good is some time after they add in a functional BST or PUP

Attached: 1567014935284.jpg (153x163, 13K)

Yeah this is unironically a thing unfortunately. And if you ask me it's just another case of people complaining about shitters being shit themselves as well. They want their fast clear and rewards and can't imagine roulettes were made for the purpose of making old content relevant so new players can do it as well.

Is this more proof that Yoshi still doesn't know what to do with Summoner on a conceptual level?

BST and PUP are probably going to be the next limited jobs like BLU

>this post was written by a sprout/roulette master

Ever since they added DT in HW I always wanted a SMN that would cycle between different primal trances or something that would have them out for a while before you switched to the next one. Basically what they did to Bard in SB but once that happened I knew SMN would never get something like that

XIV has the largest development team out of all the games in SE. Their content design team grew double in size. I don't believe they don't have enough people, it has to be management, perhaps Yoshida is not as tight of a producer as we thought he was.

Honestly they should just recontextualize the SMN as something called like gee, I dunno Tactician? and make a new caster that's just a straight up Summoner, who ramps up spells and fires off giant summons for big damage a la BLM. Change the Egis to be like, elementals or other creatures.

NINBROS!

Attached: .jpg (600x600, 60K)

cringe

>Even it's utility is just leftover from ACN, and physick is 100% useless since it lacks stat scaling
I don't know why they bother keeping it if they don't make it scale off Intelligence like RDM does anyway.
There's literally no point besides 1-15 leveling alone.

dilate

Thats literally what SMN does now. You use whatever egi until you bring out Bahamut, then go back to your egi until you bring out Phoenix.

>yet another expansion of Ninja being mandatory in meta comps
I'm so fucking sick of this clunky-ass unsatisfying job. Delete it from the game Yoshi-p

Nah I've been playing since HW but sure keep straw manning me shitter.
You are scum and ruin it for everyone else just because you want your instant gratification. Fuck off back to wow or any other shithole of an mmo.

Lol no.
Mnk and DRG are still king of melees.

Better to just use ACT itself to parse and TTS the packet in question which dictates dungeon id.

Not really. I meant like having garuda out for 30 secs, then ifrit out for 30 secs, then titan with each one interacting differently with the SMN's spells, again basically what bard is now with their songs.

Yes indeed how dare they make a thread here! A classic/smash thread died for this!

don't worry SAM you'll have your time to shine, but not this decade

yeah dude can't be having video game discussions on Yea Forums

I think you misunderstand my point, FF14 literally needs more designers, and designers who know what their doing. Shipping more code monkeys over isn't what they need. They also need more resources, which they've stated before, since the FF division takes a large chunk of their profits for shit like the Remake of 7.

Still no patchnotes?

It's just at odds with the lore, in my opinion. They had to make the egis and demis exist as a remnant of primal aether, so it wasn't the actual primal being summoned and fucking the planet up.
I don't think they can really change the job in that regard, egis are here to stay.

Are you pugging or using a static? Because I don't think I've ever seen a "meta-comp required" pf ever, at least in the datacenter I'm on(light).

nin is only like 200-300 dps behind drg now
not sure about sam. might be equal to drg.

eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/6590c2fc8a150c607e97d5b18eed98b3bfe011e9

Read the thread, they've been out for a while now already.

Right but if you detach the summoner from AST you can make the Egi's spells. Like you cast "Ifrit's Inferno" and you beckon forth an Ifrit Egi that's a little better modeled that does Ifrit's dive attack. Or for AoE's you can summon Simulacrum Levi and Titan to do earthquakes and floods.

Hell if you did it this way you can have summoners get new attacks whenever you introduce new Primals. Around the time you fight Susanoo? You get a new single target burst attack where you summon his sword. Fight Titania? Get a cool aoe buff.

FEAR THE SAMURAI NINJA AND SUMMONER

Well, I do agree that they could just make it be different ultimate attacks. They could even be you summon the Egi, I dunno.
Blue Mage steals that idea now (LOL) though. Titania isn't a primal though

Check melee slots, nin is usually locked out from e4s clear parties. At least it was on week 2-3.

>Still no Blood Weapon Haste back
>Still no Scourge
>Still no unification of Abyssal Drain and Salted Earth into a single ability
>Still no MP gain buff

Attached: 72512.png (323x454, 327K)

>unsatisfying
Bandwagon something different.

Allow pet skills to be initiated in the middle of a cast bar. There, I fixed 75% of SCH & SMN's annoyances. The other 25% is Tokyo Drift and pets being delayed by movement.

A reminder that the only reason NIN got buffs is because no NIN could clear E4S

The egis could just be your midlevel trance equivalents, and by level cap they've been replaced with demi primals you cycle through. keeps egis in the lore but removes them from endgame gameplay in favor of the better-looking demi primals.

Summons were just originally powerful entities you made pacts with. Hell, Yojimbo's summon was you LITERALLY JUST PAYING HIM MONEY. Summons in FF12 were amazing culminations of you conquering a great beast and taking its power unto yourself.

Then you have the 14 summoner, a job I love so much in FF games and will literally refuse to ever touch in its current state

Every jobs have week 1 4s clear.

But I have no problems with pet skills. Yoru solution will turn SMN into RDM
>no need to double weave
>spam Ruin bro

Yeah, but that's just what I mean.
Summoning is a primal-only thing. Technically you can "summon" voidsent, but it's more like legitimately teleporting it across worlds, whereas a primal summon is using aether to create something else.
It's so different from anything else in the series, because the summons (the legit bosses) are all enemies instead.

I'll take a look at it sometime then. But you could just make your own pfs? It took me a while before I swallowed this redpill but you don't have to be at the mercy of others when it comes to making a pf? There's nothing really that sets them apart from you and you all equally have the right to make pfs.

>SMN buff
>THEY STILL CRYING
Worst playerbase.

Would literally be the same thing for SCH because that's how it always trucking was. Egi assaults being tied to further ruin procs kinda defeats the whole point of ruin 2 existing

Not everyone is a masochist user

>But I have no problems with pet skills.
Then you're not playing the job right if it isn't screeching this at you trying to double-weave a pet skill without clipping your next GCD.

Attached: godforbid.jpg (585x49, 8K)

It wasn't really a buff.

Well, most summons were enemies before you get to summon them. I think they're just afraid to drop the pet shit to make a real summoner. Hell bring back Beastmaster or Puppetmaster to replace old summoner and people would be fine with it I think.

no one here plays SMN, no one in the world does in fact
it's just rabdom thoughts

I think any SMN mains here are unhappy with the way the job plays rather than how it performs.
and as says it affects maybe 2 seconds of a fight if you're playing correctly.

The only people crying are those who don't even play the job wanting it to be something different.

It's not a buff, just mild QoL that only has application in very few niche places.

>picrelated
This was fixed in first hotfix. Pets still use their abilities despite error screen

lots of people, myself included, want a fucking SUMMONER not a DoT mage with a Pet that's effectively just more dots

>Well, most summons were enemies before you get to summon them
Different from what I mean. You challenge Leviathan and Asura and etc in FFIV to have the privilege to summon them to you in battle.
The Primals in FFXIV are completely different in the way they function.

It's not a buff. It's just a qol adjustment to be less punishing for poor play and having niche uses elsewhere, such as titan gaols.

But I main SMN too. Those apes always crying. Now they missing """""high IQ""""" SB SMN. Especially discord mafia

Ast needs a rework not just potency buffs.

If you think RDM just spams any one skill then you're fucking retarded and know nothing. Nothing about that suggestion turns SMN into RDM.

what do you guys post during the MSQ cutscenes in party chat? I post the brap copypasta

>I wanna be a SUMMONER
>but I don't want to actually summon things that stick around fighting alongside me

Make up your fucking mind.

I don't necessarily mean being any smarter or harder, I just mean in its style and how its mechanics handle specifically.

>buff
It means nothing outside savage(and even then you may only benefit 2-6 casts out of 120 casts).
Thinking deep about this it benefits turboshitters or newbies to the job.

Attached: 5k bait.png (5120x2880, 486K)

I'm sorry, did the fucking espers in 12 do an attack and leave, or did you summon them and then they stuck around forever

I mean the summons in X stuck around...

>It means nothing outside savage
Balance doesn't matter outside savage

Hey, I'd play Summoner if it resembled the way Yuna Summons, it doesn't though.

The way summons worked in 12 sort of sucked.

Yes it does.

how so exactly? in every game ever, balancing matters only at the highest difficulty content because that's where the more skilled players are

You are wrong.

>being this wrong

what the fuck, jobs need to be fun for people who play for story, people who play for mid level content and people who play for hard content, not just hardcore

@475923692
not going to bother giving anymore (You) 's

Here is tl;dr what SMNs want based on SB and ShB threads
>no pets
>BLM dps
>mobility
>XI summons
>no weaving
>3 active buttons
>some (fake) big brain mechanic for elitism

Reminder that if you want to play a pet class that isn't shit all you have to do is remove that turd of a SMN jobstone and put on a SCH one in it's place.

Attached: 1553133198807.png (500x483, 322K)

What if summoners summon turn you into the primal?!?!?!

Attached: 1564755829099.jpg (750x750, 85K)

does balancing equal being fun? jobs can be fun both when balanced and unbalanced

You are in the minority and the developers agree balance is needed all the way around.

>SMN is bad job for mid level content
probably same people who posting about carpal tunnel
try classic hunter while you can

Do you see "(You)" as some sort of "like" or "upvote" or what? I never understood this shit

Bruh they forgot the playable content

Attached: 135622803.png (316x297, 119K)

I mean, that's kinda dumb

I think Balance in a game like 14 just means a focus that jobs feel fun to use, and that they can all reliably clear content. The minutiea of this will wax and wane as buffs and nerfs come, but that should be the core focus

I firmly see SMN people in two camps, people who want it to be wholly different and people who want it to be less of a nightmare to play

You joke but they could easily do this if they turn it into something like the pommander of lust in potd where they transform into a primal and can use a select few actions.

>carpal tunnel
Nigger if anyone suffers from carpal tunnel thanks to videogames then stop and focus on a different hobby more fitting for weaker genes

@475923846
no average player can give the developers suggestions on the balancing because they don't have the understanding of the game a very good and experienced player does
you can believe what you want but balancing is always based on feedback by the higher skilled players

Duty Finder locking out SMN...
We're in shed...can't even clear Titania EX...low dps

Is leviathan a good server to start on?

?
I see the submersible shit and housing unlock on new servers.

As long as it is not on Crystal (unless you are into RP/ERP)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/worldstatus/

How exactly does one even manage to use all of SMN OCD while not clipping their GCD, shit feels ridiculous to juggle

by using dreadwyrm trance and ruin iv

>less of a nightmare to play
smn is one of easiest job to play
you don't even need to think or monitor when to sic garuda

honestly they could "fix" SMNs whole issue of feeling divorced from typical summoning by renaming and changing the effects for skills to have a more primal-invoking flavour
shit like say, Miasma turning into Windburn

Just start wherever bro, besides FCs you can world visit or use anywhere on the Data Center anyway.
All the NA ones are fine. Crystal has less people doing endgame but the ones that are are just as competent as other DCs.

Like this. Outside of the opener it's actually not that bad.

Attached: KM1BMcP.png (1237x245, 388K)

Balance does not mean "can clear". Literally anything and anyone can clear any content with a strong enough party around them. Does it make a job balanced if that job does the equivalent of a grey in every other job but still clears because it's surrounded by purples and oranges? Of course not. That job got carried. Put it in a party of bad players even on strong jobs and it won't clear.

Balance is about jobs being reasonably close in damage. When a 70th percentile of one job does less DPS than a 12th percentile of another, that ain't balance.

Weaving...is...really hard when you have...instant spells...tons...of them...like BLM.

>you can believe what you want but balancing is always based on feedback by the higher skilled players
Balance is based on literal Q&As and people complaining "my job sucks" while they look and say "yeah that sucks rn"
And they look across all content from dungeons to raids.

I think you misunderstand what I meant by clear, I meant that they can contribute equally to a group and clear because their contribution was not literally eclipsed

SMN is probably hard only for anons who play on KB+M.
People were scared by SMN opener in SB too. I honestly have no idea how you play this fucking game if pressing buttons is hard for you.

that is not balancing, that is rendering a job more or less fun
balancing is based on math and math alone

>complain about nin
So you must really hate drg as well

Unless you're red mage in which case your job can suck for 2-3 years and never get fixed

Math that includes every battle content in the game, yeah.

>ffxiv
>balancing around "higher skilled players"
This is what ruined many fucking games.
Do not confuse with "kill". Listening/pandering casuals with BALANCE changes can kill a game or genre.
Best thing to do (and by a long shot) is what devs who play the fucking game see while listening to everyone's feedback on regards of situation (like they did with SMN and the potency changes not requiring DoTs so they are not cucked on e1s/e4s), but it is clear nobody in their fucking development team is playing SMN.
As weird as it sounds main DEV's jobs might not be the most polished to fit on NA/western "metas", like for example DEV team had a DRK and WHM(who changed to AST after beating neo ex-death) on their group who changed back to WHM mid-late 4.4 patch.

Attached: delusional.png (900x676, 410K)

RDM is balanced. It's very fun and good in mid content.

It still delays the client from inputting the GCD skill just enough.

DL is up

No.

Not in the slightest. You're literally better off bringing a 20th percentile DRG over a 75th percentile RDM. That ain't balance.

For the most part, XIV's pretty fucking balanced across its jobs as far as output vs. dps checks are considered atm.

I just wish they put more thought into flow, especially when they can't be arsed to make their fucking client+server handle queueing skills without issue so there's no delays on either end like every other fucking MMO on the market, even on a 200ms connection.

High end content doesn't matter for balance you faggot. You're in minority. RDM is pure fun.

Oh my god, I ran into her once on a Titania prog party. Fuck that bitch. Almost left the party due to that cringe overload

Attached: 1498355815523.jpg (865x974, 158K)

I don't quite understand why people call RDM a good "prog" job.
>retardo dies
>rdm verraises
>by the time retardo comes back to life we wipe because one group was missing an additional body for a stack marker
>alternatively retardo had a debuff or mark that went off where his dead body was located, killing thousands
or we all die because we didn't know delta during "regained paradise" meant chariot while tanks stay away from everybody

Imagine being this retardrd

Are you guys planning to buy anything from the mogstation sale? Everything looks so overpriced still.

Attached: 1553310502326.png (1696x958, 1.91M)

High end content is the only place where balance matters.

>people seething when they finally realize the game is balanced around the suggestions that both jap and western trannies keep giving the developers

Why is the game not balanced around high end content then?

>don't quite understand why people call RDM a good "prog" job
It's just something people say to justify playing a job that performs like shit but is brain dead simple to play

>buying anything on the mogstation
>ever

Its all glamour shit and stuff recycled from past holiday events.

Prog is a meme pushed by parsetrannies to justify some jobs being shit.

I will buy Classic soon

but it's not balanced around low level content either, because you don't need balancing there

Do you have to buy it? I thought you just had to pay sub.

But it is, it's why SAM and NIN just got buffed.

just sub, no buying

The game is balanced. Spend less time on fflogs.

can you browse mogstation without logging in?
Having a quiet moment at work and there are few things I was interested in.

I've had multiple clears that involved deaths along the way, even on Ult content. RDM is convenient, especially with the mana issues healers can have nowadays, but it's not a job you have stick on if they happen to also have BLM leveled.

That doesn't affect just high end content though.

My last sub was 11 years ago so it's more like "buying".

RDM is fine.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1296x682, 275K)

That is to say, the decision to change them wasn't based on just high end content.
Very tired, sorry.

but that's a collateral effect
or do you rrally thinj that they buffed sam and nin because your dungeon runs weren't fast enough? I seriously hope you're baiting because this level of retardation is unbelievable

That's actually not a bad idea.

rdps is a magical number

>especially with the mana issues healers can have nowadays
Do you mean AST or AST?

I might upgrade my ARR to collectors for the fat chocobo mount lol
now that i discovered that I can use steam cash ima refund all my spyro preorder

HEY GUYS, HOW'S THE RAID GOING? I'M SURE LOVE CLASSIC HAHA

If you got a greedy WHM, SCH can run into mana issues too, especially after someone dies and needs babysitting.

The decision to change it was based solely on the feedback from players doing high-end content that casuals appropiated as their own complaints.

Hagakure, for example, was a buff meant to appeal to casuals, potency buffs aren't.

cid princess carrying my cute lala in his barrel chest and tank buster arms

Attached: 1490451642989.jpg (887x998, 317K)

It's not all about the Raise and but also how it's incredibly easy to maximize damage on. It's nearly impossible to screw up RDMs rotation, and any mistakes have very little DPS loss. You can deal more damage in a blind fight because you can pay more attention to what's going on, there's minimal need to route damage, and RDM burst window is erratic, so it's less reliant on fucking up buff timing.

Ranged jobs are pretty similar in that function, but that IS where the Raise comes in. RDM deals similar damage to Ranged, but they at least let you see more of the fight if the Healers go down. Basically, you have this short window where RDM will be dealing the most damage because they mitigate the most personal/raid mistakes while learning a fight. If you're just looking for a clear or over half the party is new to the fight, RDM has a good chance of being the most efficient job. Any time after that, however, they have nothing to offer.

>The decision to change it was based solely on the feedback from players doing high-end content
That isn't true in the slightest. Continue thinking what you like though.

>min ilvl or 450 e2s
>DRK, WAR, NIN, DNC, RDM, MCH, AST, SCH

Attached: 1559017847057.png (900x820, 237K)

what other reasons would there be user

> incredibly easy to maximize damage on.
And yet half the jobs dab on maximized RDM damage with ease

>It's nearly impossible to screw up RDMs rotation
Same kinda goes for modern BLM though. SMN has the most to lose of the three casters for rotation/death fuck-ups.

He's right.

The dots still do damage though, why would 30 seconds of 40 pot ticks not be worth applying?

Not sure what point you're trying to make. If other people play like shit, you're going to have a bad time regardless of what class you play.

How would a casual that doesn't use FFlogs or participate in hard content even know SAM does less damage than DRG at the same skill level?

Some EX at most SAM players saw a couple of top 95th parses, got mad, told their friends, and it went from there. It was a trickling down effect.

now you tell me what's the point of the distinction between classes and jobs and their soulstones, aside from ACN we don't have branching classed anyway

>Same kinda goes for modern BLM though
No. BLM can drop enochan.

No point since HW. They had to dumb everything down (and even further for SB and ShB) so retards could "adapt" easily.

1.x holdover, not wanting to make you be "the epic hero" and starting as something "weaker"
In lore, some disciplines (Black Mage and White Mage specifically) are actually illegal, whereas their class equivalents aren't.

Dude pretty sure they'd deal more damage just autoattacking and pressing 1, what the fuck?

>servers still down

Attached: 1562935148622.webm (640x640, 697K)

Not that guy but since people are here: What's the chance SE can find out about this?

I played FFXI and they'd never figure out you were using Windower unless you said it somewhere in chat. But if you ever caressed a poshacker they'd know right away. So I'm a little paranoid.

he died 3 or 4 times

>date: august 27

0% chance if you don't mention it in game chat

>patching process on ps4 takes god damn forever now and needs 100 gigs of free space because someone at SE is a fucking retard

I don't think they ever actually made being a WHM illegal, they heavily restricted it to being Padjal only but the Seedseers themselves gave you the okay, and decided to train you so that ought to be more than legal

Did they buy a name change or something?

Is this tranny central

>fflogs-hidden
nevermind
no, you want to go here

Just like RDM can fuck their mana balance or backflip off the stage. Anyone raiding on that class at 80 are not going to make amateur fuck-ups.

It is
>Yea Forums dreams about JP PF
>but xiv threads are full of parsetrannies from discord

???
What's wrong with it? I thought not having to download them with the client but over psn instead was a good thing?

THAT'S HIM

A lot of people don't do end game content like savage and have no idea how stressful blm can be in fights like e2s

>I don't think they ever actually made being a WHM illegal
It's frowned upon by anyone but the most in tune with the elementals (padjal) I believe. I'm not sure that we have any for sure proof that any padjal are any more than conjurers, but I'd have to check my book, but you're right about the Seeseers saying it's fine. Since the Thaumaturge's Guild is the lawhouse in Ul'dah I can only assume they say it's fine for you too, but man I haven't done the Thaumaturge questline since before HW came out. I can't wait for NG+
Both sects of magi are blamed for the 6th Umbral Calamity equally with their war, is all.

>amateur fuck-ups.
>losing enochan
Do you even BLM?

Works on my end mine finished a half hour ago.

Attached: 1553393823159.png (565x541, 157K)

But e2s is most comfiest one unless you go on C. e1s and e3s sucks cocks

No, that's /vg/
Have a screenshot from one of the /xivg/ threads last night.

Attached: ss (2019-08-29 at 12.13.43).png (826x28, 3K)

Unless you're pushing for an extra Fire4 out of Leylines which cuts you dangerously close to losing Enochian, there's hardly any problems with Enochian, especially with the increased AF/UI timer 5.0 brought in.

I meant E3S. Yeah E2S for blm is magic, leviathan however is cancer

that looks the same as your typical Yea Forums thread.

wrong on more than one account
there is almost nothing better than knowing yoshi is a blm main in times like these

Attached: 1506045212431.png (440x440, 273K)

>download update, file size of patches generally smaller than PC version and faster to download
>game the fully copies itself to apply the patch and deletes the previous version of the game when it's done, requiring more than twice the file size of the game to even download the patch in the first place
It's the only game I have that does this when patching, my library is above 150 games now as well

Isn't this just from one guy who spams massive text blocks with nothing but "trannies die" in it?

To be fair, that was one guy autistically spamming the general. Considering the mods did nothing about it, it's still a good pic to explain why nobody wants to be in /vg/.

HOW LONG UNTIL SERVERS AR EUP

Another 50 minutes

Yeah, but I think it goes to show besides literal schizos and avatarfags this place isn't much different.
Anyone have the pic of everything wrong with Yea Forums xiv threads right now with the SCHberd pic, i forgot to save it.

>10 times on Yea Forums
>"ITS EXACTLY AS BAD AS /vg/ THREADS I CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
archived.moe/vg/thread/264135608/
>was
is*
and does it for threads until he is done dilating

Attached: Untitled.png (225x38, 608)

those are outright pressing the wrong buttons and have no reason to happen at endgame content, but then you have BLM that has to not let a short timer run out while also having to move zig zag across the stage during mechanics while also having long cast times unless triplecast is up while also not wanting to compromise with an early F1/despair because it drains their dps too much

You need to settle the hell down user, I was making a joke.

That's not SE's faults. That is Sony's for their patching system making the OS copy a complete dupe of the file it's going to modify, before replacing the older file with it and then deleting the remains.

It just so happens that 120mb update touched four package files which total up to 9gb overall. Meanwhile PC client just modifies the actual files directly, potential corruption be damned.

During full value leylines you don't cast B3. That means you're in danger if you want maximum performance. T3P management can be reason of enochan losing. You don't need to worry about such shit if you play SMN or RDM. There is no ticking clocks. You can't even fuck up DWT.

Kanne-E and her siblings are all white mages for sure, though I don't think the CNJ teacher is one even if he is a Padjal like them, and older to boot

I think "with ease" is an exaggeration, because melee and BLM can lose damage pretty fast if they're completely unfamiliar with a fight or making unnecessary movement. Especially if they rely on raid-buffs and burst windows to even achieve those numbers, as those can completely misalign after only a few mistakes.

You can maybe argue those jobs will start dealing more damage after a few pulls, put only static/top players will be out-damaging a RDM right out of the box. And if that's your parties make-up, you wouldn't play a RDM in the first place, unless your Healers have 0 confidence. Again, it's just a specific window where RDM performs well in progression, DF and/or clearing. Not saying it's a well-designed job (Because it's not), but it's hard to deny that it does well in that short-lived timeline.

Respect skill gaps.

Attached: 131254375765876.jpg (1110x668, 50K)

>today user found out he was an amateur blm

REWORK HEALERS THEY ARE BORING

Attached: 1566806711142.jpg (225x225, 15K)

consider the following: stop playing healer and play something else

>projection

WHM is peak healing kino, fuck off. Give me fights where I actually have to bring out the most out of this perfect job.

Attached: 62421.jpg (640x629, 46K)

there, i've scored each job's difficulty out of 10 for you, nice ''''skill gap''''' lmao

Attached: 23532536436.png (1136x717, 216K)

>Raise now brings you back with 3.5k MP
>Remove Lucid
>DPS skills restore MP rather than cost MP
>Every healer has two DoTs again
>Clerics stance is back, turns their nuke into a channeled nuke so you don't have to mash it repeatedly during extended downtime

After having levelled a tank and healer simultaneously I can safely say that tanking is, BY FAR, the most boring role in the game.

Be glad that every healer has at least 2 buttons to press when not healing. In 6.0 you'll have a dot that lasts a 1 minute probably and nothing else.

SMN is 100/10 difficulty.
>pressing buttons

Aside from a mention that Kan-E uses the "white magic of the padjal" I actually can't find any mention that any of them are straight up white mages.
It has been years since I leveled through ARR, and I had started as CNJ/WHM, so I could very easily be forgetting Job quest details.

>SCH & WHM now have their own AST-Card equivalent system to add to offgcd bloat

How does WoW Classic compare to FFXIV? I tried FFXIV a few times and I always get bored right around level 25 and quit the game. I just don't felt like I was staring through the screen going back and fourth killing a few enemies, accepting an award, repeat.

... maybe MMOs aren't for you?

It's worse, if that's what your problem was.

WoW Classic has you right-clicking every enemy corpse to them manually grab their drops one at a time.

They are different games
Different ways to progress and "explore"
In WoW you are free to get lost and explore
In FFXIV you have to follow the main story so you don't get lost (and respect the content)
But really sounds like MMO/grindy games arent much for you, maybe try other genres

>I tried FFXIV a few times and I always get bored right around level 25 and quit the game.
Classic is clearly not for you. Hell mmos are not for you. If you can't find journey in XIV you will not find anything in classic

Attached: postpatchnotesninjas.gif (500x281, 1024K)

Seething trickbot

>If you can't find journey in XIV you will not find anything in classic
I'd argue with some people liking to get lost and make their own journey but not many like that as well, whereas many like the way you progress in XIV not everyone may like it. Personally I didn't like until HW.

wow classic patch notes are up

I enjoy MMO's. I just prefer games like Ultima Online or things that aren't totally centralized around combat and I can go off and do my own thing. I used to really enjoy Asheron's Call, but I think that just came from the glam of the idea rather than the game itself. FFXIV has a job system, but I never get far enough in the game to get engrossed by it.

Classic leveling is ultra slow post 20lvl. user will drop game before reaching 15
Check Classic thread. 95% of anons using addons for quest markers and trying to level up fast as possible.

>DPS skills restore MP rather than cost MP
Might be cool honestly.

>tfw I like both
But XIV had me biting in its way even in ARR.

Sounds like I'll avoid then, thanks. I'm not attacking your game. I just wish there was an MMO for me because I'm all about the multiplayer concept. Just not a fan of the repetition

How exactly is mch supposed to work this go around?
I try my best to use hot shot/drill when available, saving reassemble for the drill. Overheating as much as possible without missing any lineups with wildfire, and exhausting my oGCDs between skills when I can, but it still doesn't feel right.

You missed GW1 times.

If your assumption is that there is more to the job, there isn't. It's very simple to play now.

It would force lazy healers to actually do damage sometimes and maybe they would need to watch only 1 Netflix show instead of 2 at the same time

Attached: 1566640919198.jpg (700x525, 125K)

I used to play on a fan server for that Warhammer MMO a few years back and the PVP was some of the most fun I've had in a game like that. Wish I could play something like that again.

Only when you're forced to do smokers, everything else is easy mode
>get forced to do smokers anyways because 2x melee is more damage than bringing a 3rd ranged
smokers is so fucking ass

What others "interesting" MMOs are not totally dead right now, besides FFXIV and classic/retail?

Damn. There just feels like something missing to it now, but I can't think exactly what it could be. It looks like all I'm missing at this point is air anchor, more wildfire potency and the robot.

Am I fucked up for masturbating my own character?

Attached: 1556777084722.webm (500x772, 1.89M)

If you have to ask then you at least have shame. Hold onto that and use it to save yourself before it's too late.

Return of Reckoning, go.

GW2. Despite all shitposting it has fun combat without trinity. But Yea Forums hates GW2.

Attached: 1567013080703.webm (698x392, 2.95M)

thanks for the week 6 bandaids yoshi

That was the server actually! I loved playing on it but I feel like I got my worth out of it. Good suggestion though, thanks!

btw maintenance isn't gonna end early because they enabled housing on the new EU servers.

Give me a quick rundown on the patch notes. Should I level Ninja now with those buffs?

Gw2 is dead

>Should I level Ninja now with those buffs?
No
Fuck off you will only drag everyone down

No. SMN is new bandwagon.

A lot of the people I know who migrated from GW2 to XIV still consider GW2 to have the better combat system, but they abandoned the game since it just never made use of it.

Those effects and UI look even more obnoxious than in XIV

They are, it's mentioned in their questline, Raya-O and her brother needed a third white Mage to fix the tree, but Kanne-E was too busy to help due to her duties, so luckily you came in and were chosen by A-Towa something's soul stone and helped fix the problem with them

Depends on if you self-insert

I masturbate to being my character so you're probably fine.

The UI maybe. The effects look kinda tame compared to what a clusterfuck XIV can be. I'm pretty disappointed with those lightning bolts desu. Far too short and cut off mid-air.

Are we getting some good NiER armor in October or will they fuck it up like the Monster Hunter gear?

Attached: 1522760599571.jpg (1000x780, 747K)

I've lost count of the times I did

nin is piss easy. somewhat hard to learn, maybe, but orange parse optimisation, lmao, even monk is harder in this aspect.

Thanks bro. I'll try.
I would never in my life self-insert my own character. I create her because she's the image of my ideal imagination and I would like to fuck her.
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Attached: 1540625496224.jpg (512x384, 19K)

>even monk is harder in this aspect
>monk
lol

GW2 is fun, it's just a shame I have no interest in anything beyond how it plays. I never played 1 and a friend bought 2 for me when it came out but maybe there was more there for old fans, I just couldn't get too into it.

Making characters you fap to > normal self inserting > mental issues bullshit
You made a good choice

Yoshida only said that it's "daring" and that it won't be gender-differentiated despite of that.

>Full 4 hours maintenance because of SMNiggers

t.ranny

*eurofags and their housing

I'm surprised at how often rdm is mentioned here, rarely does anyone actually main it or understand how it works despite claiming it's easy

Yea Forums is a bunch of dumbasses that play healers and red mages exclusively.

What is there supposed to "understand" besides you need your white/black manage gauge to 80 to do your melee+finisher

>rarely does anyone actually main it
it was the most popular choice in the pre-ShB strawpoll for what classes Yea Forums was maining, though
just to think that there are rez bot retards amongst us in this very thread...

what is there to understand about smn besides you need to summon and keep dots up

look i can ignore everything and trivialize jobs too

>FC members all masturbate over FFLogs and muh purple/oranges
>they all play healers and tanks

I can't be mad at RDMs. Many must have gone to the job because of aesthetics and because they liked it in previous games. I mained BLM for that same reason ever since I first started playing. It's just a shame RDM's identity has always been 'not as good as x/y'.

Servers up

Attached: 1531547080501.gif (169x168, 1.07M)

It's so fucking annoying
I have a friend that plays nothing but SCH and every single time he does literally any kind of content I have to listen to him bragging about his damage/parses, how everyone except him is a retard for not being orange parsers and not wanting to use his suicidal 'optimization strategies' that essentially boil down to sacrificing everyone else so he can continue spamming Broil
Funny part is whenever you check the healing parses in the logs he uploads he parses grey in healing since he leaves like 90% of all healing to his co-healer. He still hasn't cleared anything beyond E2S either

Can any of you login? Mine for some reason says that my sub expired, and I have 11 days left.

Well SMN is pretty easy job. Discord just spread misinformation

i'm already queued up in limsa

Attached: 1566084354176.jpg (908x763, 408K)

You have to launch the game through Steam if you bought it there now

Thanks. Might be a temporary solution but if anyone is as lazy as me just use -issteam in launch options.