Untitled

Attached: image.png (1440x1080, 363K)

I can't believe they allowed the player to beat Thor with Zio spell. How can you outthunder the thunder god?

When I fight him I just charm or shibaboo his ass to death. I never tried zio for obvious reasons but I guess I overestimated the ambassador of lawfags. Pathetic.

SMT1 was my first game and Tokyo getting nuked legitimately caught me off-guard. I didn't expect it to go all the way, it also was a lot longer than I expected. My only problem with it was that the later bosses were too easy.

same, SMTI was my first MT game. My mind was blown again when the fucking lawfags flooded the shit out of Tokyo

No I'm not a dumb cuck

My favourite thing about the game was the relationship you develop with Chaos Hero. Too bad that SMTII Doesn't have a real team.

Attached: 2019-02-22 11_16_57-Snes9X v1.56.2 for Windows.png (832x672, 465K)

I was fully expecting to get my party members back eventually. Chaos hero had it coming, but the lawfag deserved better.

He was just an instrument.

Attached: 2019-02-22 21_11_51-Snes9X v1.56.2 for Windows.png (835x671, 402K)

Bufu

Yeah that's what I mean. He sacrifices himself and all he gets in return is a mindwipe, YHVH is a megacunt. I hope I can clear my backlog soon because I want to start SMT2, how does it compare to 1?

I like how earlier Megaten games had some berserk robots running around the place alongside all the law and chaos fuckery.

Attached: T93F.jpg (1616x2500, 525K)

the robots were cool, but i don't understand why gaians and messians would attack you even if you're on their side

First of all, the music sucks compared to 1. It's basically watered down SMT1 soundtrack, but the Disco music is kind of good. Instead of playing a normal teenage dweeb, you play as an OP post-apocalyptic gladiator who summons demons. The game is pathetically easy unless you have to grind. You can auto most bosses. The moment you get bullets with sleep spell on them, the game is playing itself. This time you don't get a team, even though you get to name the main characters, which sucks. I waited the entire game to get them in my team, but it turns out only the two girls join you, so that means you have 2 waifus this time. In SMT2, demons are useless. They drain your magnetite on every step, so you will never really get to use them. Also, they are really weak, so you just use them to tank while you beat those rare bosses which cannot be auto-d. I was really disappointed playing it because it was basically a downgrade from SMT1. Even the walkthrough is shittier. Also, you're kind of defaulted into Law into this game. Neutrality is fucking rare and Chaos basically doesn't make sense in the main quest.

Attached: 2019-08-08 00_09_38-Snes9X v1.56.2 for Windows.png (837x671, 354K)

>Enemy appears in the sequel

Attached: scrapper.jpg (396x600, 52K)

Gotcha. I spent a lot of time on the first one because my autism compelled me to map every single room in the game, but I'll try to tone it down and finish 2 a bit faster. Hopefully I'll get to 3 soon since everyone hypes that one as the best.

and it had the best overworld theme

Attached: Shin Megami Tensei-190721-000516.png (1440x1080, 29K)

In the series? Nah

I've played a bit of Nocturne and it sucks, but the graphics are quite nice. I'm playing Megami Ibunroku Persona now and it's really nice. Too bad it utilizes grid combat instead of full dungeon crawling.
My brain still plays it in my mind. SMT1 Had such a great soundtrack which stood the test of time.

Attached: Shin Megami Tensei-190720-233310.png (1440x1080, 12K)

Is that Revelations game on the Gameboy Color any good? Got it at a garage sale a couple weeks ago, but I haven't played it yet.

SMT's artwork used to be YHVH tier

Attached: Smt1heroinehandarmor.jpg (563x1224, 356K)

Chaos is forever.

Attached: lucifer.jpg (2000x2402, 581K)

did you enjoy SMT if...

Attached: Shin Megami Tensei if...-190709-142451.png (1440x1080, 24K)

Never played it. Apparently it's watered down SMT2 or some shit.

it is just look at this guy

Attached: Shin Megami Tensei if...-190709-142515.png (1440x1080, 23K)

How frequent art those translation fuckups?

you retard

Are the PS1 versions any different to the originals aside from music and visuals?

we shall never know...

They have the combat revamped and balanced for all three games

Those are not robots, they are demons.

For those who played the first few Shin Megami Tensei games: did you play using a controller or the keyboard?

Usually a controller, keyboard if that was infeasible.

the fact that you can just infinity stun bosses with status effects is almost comical considering how big they talk shit

>don't side with him
>he throws a fit and nukes japan
>side with him
>he assume your okay with nuking Japan and still does it
I thought SMT was about how your choice mattered?

There's no such thing as free will...

explain the neutral endings then

It was all part of the plan. to build Tokyo Milennium.

Of course.
LAWFAGS RISE UP

Then explain 2's neutral ending

Second best for me. SMT IV did a lot of stuff wrong but the OST was legit 10/10 and the Overworld theme is no exception.

Revelations: The Demon Slayer? It's meh. It's like a DQ clone but with recruitable demons. Negotiation sucks ass in those GB games though.

>Pressing the Snooze Button

What if they remade and merged SMT 1 & 2 into a single big game?
Could it keep the same atmosphere in the P5 engine?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

It's the game that created the split universe that leads to the Persona games

>What if they remade and merged SMT 1 & 2 into a single big game?
10/10 day one.

>Could it keep the same atmosphere in the P5 engine?
Dropped. Give me a 2D remake/enhanced port. I'd rather see sprites than HD shit. I would buy it anyway for collection purposes.

Akira route > other routes >>>>>>>>> the fucking world of sloth

I just want the same game but rebalanced. Remove MAG, make the game more challenging. No tacked on waifu either, please.

is this a good start for smt series?

Perhaps. Depends on what you're looking for. SMT I is an extremely fun and good game if can look past it's shortcomings. But the peak point of it is the atmosphere and music.

The whole game was too easy.

How do you manage to move around in the labyrinth? I can't around without stopping and opening my menu just to check the map. Granted there's automap but i-

I disagree about the music, it has some good tracks like the underground music, and the normal battle theme. It's also easily more difficult than SMT1, I'd say, it's still easy, but SMT1 is braindead, SMT2 at least has some encounters that can catch you offguard and the lategame bosses are notably more difficult than earlier bosses, unlike in 1 where it's just easy from the start to the end with no rise in difficulty. I didn't mind the other characters not joining your party either, my only issue was that Daleth becomes irrelevant the moment he falls in love with that girl and Gimmel never feels relevant, Zayin, Hiroko and Beth are the only ones that matter at all.

I don't think the game is a downgrade from SMT1 on the whole at all, it has its weakpoints, but it also has its strengths, and a lot of what makes it bad isn't it just being a worse version of SMT1, it's just it being bad in its own way.

Attached: rsz_smt_ii_cover2.png (350x480, 272K)

Keyboard, all of them.

Either use the map spell or just download the hack that puts a shortcut to the map on L and R.

>I disagree about the music, it has some good tracks like the underground music, and the normal battle theme.
Yeah, and the rest are annoying 15 second loops that you wanna turn off after the first two minutes of listening to them.

I don't remember finding any of them annoying, they were forgettable at their worst, but never grating.

Man IV is nice I guess but the regression over Apocalypse in game design is so off putting

Or twos law ending where Satan is a total bro and helps you kill god

Jesus, you people really can't agree on what's good, huh? Complain about difficulty all you want, but at least you don't have to worry about enemies that permanently drain your levels, ya fucking kiddies.